PDA

View Full Version : Your All-NBA Narcissistic Team

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Post the starting lineup of players you think would make the most, self-loving, egotistical team.

PG - Steve Nash
SG - Allen Iverson
SF - Lebron James
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Dwight Howard

Spursfan092120
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Post the starting lineup of players you think would make the most, self-loving, egotistical team.

PG - Steve Nash
SG - Allen Iverson
SF - Lebron James
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Dwight Howard
umm....yep...except maybe CP3 instead of Nash.

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 04:52 PM
No poll :lol?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
umm....yep...except maybe CP3 instead of Nash.

CP3 never went behind a teammate's back and got him traded.

Maybe Shaq should go ahead of Dwight, the tie breaker IMO is Shaq has somewhat earned the right to do stupid stuff like call himself superman.

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Let AI play the point and put kobe at the SG spot

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
How do you not have Kobe on there then? He went on Youtube and said "f*uck Bynum, ship his ass out..." Then he went on a national radio tour asking to be traded?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:00 PM
Let AI play the point and put kobe at the SG spot

Kobe just led his team to a title.......Nash just led his team to the lottery and said he expects the team to give him a raise.....if that's not narcissism then what is?

balli
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
Chris Paul
Kevin Martin (smug, cocky, little-bitch)
Vince Carter
Amare
Shaq

Spursfan092120
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM

Maybe Shaq should go ahead of Dwight, the tie breaker IMO is Shaq has somewhat earned the right to do stupid stuff like call himself superman.
yeah..that's right...I forgot Nash did that...you're right...good call on the picks, then.

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Kobe just led his team to a title.......Nash just led his team to the lottery and said he expects the team to give him a raise.....if that's not narcissism then what is?

Doesnt mean he's not narcissistic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
C'mon people, don't talk about my list. If you think Nash doesn't deserve to be on it, then make your own god dam list.

gaKNOW!blee
07-15-2009, 05:04 PM
lol alright...i like your list except put Kobe and Shaq on it.

SonOfAGun
07-15-2009, 05:04 PM
lmao at kobe not being on that list

I don't view Nash as narcissistic.

Spursfan092120
07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
C'mon people, don't talk about my list. If you think Nash doesn't deserve to be on it, then make your own god dam list.
I actually agree with your list...100%

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 05:06 PM
So this is just for posting list and not discussion? Ok...
PG: AI
SG: Kobe
SF: White Magic
PF: Amare
C: Shaq

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
I actually agree with your list...100%

Then you're good :lol

I intended for the thread to be everyone either posting their own list or agreeing with a list already posted, obviously not everyone is gonna have the same list.

Ghazi
07-15-2009, 05:09 PM
C: Tim Duncan

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:10 PM
So this is just for posting list and not discussion? Ok...
PG: AI
SG: Kobe
SF: White Magic
PF: Amare
C: Shaq

It's for discussion but not for solely discussing my list

PS - If you're referring to Dragic at SF, that's fuckin stupid. Dragic is one of the nicest most hardworking, humble athletes I've ever seen.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:10 PM

:lmao

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 05:11 PM
It's for discussion but not for solely discussing my list

PS - If you're referring to Dragic at SF, that's fuckin stupid. Dragic is one of the nicest most hardworking, humble athletes I've ever seen.

You are taking the Dragic thing wayyyyyy to serious :lol

redzero
07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
What did Chris Paul do to make him narcissistic?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
You are taking the Dragic thing wayyyyyy to serious :lol

touche :lol

ginobili's bald spot
07-15-2009, 05:16 PM

PG - Steve Nash
SG - Allen Iverson
SF - Lebron James
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Dwight Howard

I agree with this except I'd put Shaq over Howard. On a serious note I wouldn't be surprised if Amare was actually clinically narcissistic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah they Shaq vs. Howard thing is difficult. No one really knows when Shaq is joking vs. when he is serious. One thing that bugs me a lot is when a big man has been in the NBA for several years publicly demands more touches down low while they haven't put in any work to develop a post game and don't recognize they depend greatly on pick and rolls to score, basically what Howard did vs. Boston. That's why I put Howard there.

jag
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
c: Tim duncan

+1

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
+1

You give me a whole speech about being a bad Suns fan yet you give someone a +1 for calling Duncan narcissistic?

ginobili's bald spot
07-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah they Shaq vs. Howard thing is difficult. No one really knows when Shaq is joking vs. when he is serious. One thing that bugs me a lot is when a big man has been in the NBA for several years publicly demands more touches down low while they haven't put in any work to develop a post game and don't recognize they depend greatly on pick and rolls to score, basically what Howard did vs. Boston. That's why I put Howard there.

That doesn't really make him a narcissist though. Just a dumb ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:27 PM
That doesn't really make him a narcissist though. Just a dumb ass.

IMO it makes him narcissistic to think he's just that fuckin perfect that every time he touches the ball he scores and that the rest of the world is out to get him cause he's so special. Very Amarelike.

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Duncan must've slept with your wife.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Duncan must've slept with your wife.

You must be new, otherwise you would know Ghazi is a sissy cuckold that enjoys watching his wife get plowed by other men. He's probably mad Duncan WOULDN'T sleep with his wife.

cornbread
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM
AI
Kobe
Lebron
Amare
Howard

v2freak
07-15-2009, 05:37 PM
PG - Stephon Marbury
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Marbury - love this guy but proclaimed he was best PG in the league
Bryant - yeah ok
James - "CHOSEN"
Garnett - needs to be the man
O'Neal - all of his "big" nicknames

Tully365
07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Stephon Marbury
Stephon Marbury
Stephon Marbury

DAF86
07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Iverson
Bryant
Lebron
Artest
Shaq

I couldn't find a PF

balli
07-15-2009, 05:44 PM
What did Chris Paul do to make him narcissistic?
He carries himself like a little bitch, punches nuts, constantly runs his mouth; throws little temper tantrums every time his coach, opponent, teammates or refs do something he doesn't like.

redzero
07-15-2009, 05:45 PM
He carries himself like a little bitch, punches nuts, constantly runs his mouth; throws little temper tantrums every time his coach, opponent, teammates or refs do something he doesn't like.

What's that got to do with narcissism?

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 05:46 PM
balli, where have you been?

Spurs_210
07-15-2009, 05:46 PM
You must be new, otherwise you would know Ghazi is a sissy cuckold that enjoys watching his wife get plowed by other men. He's probably mad Duncan WOULDN'T sleep with his wife.
:lmao

balli
07-15-2009, 05:52 PM
What's that got to do with narcissism?
Narcissism isn't simple selfishness; it's a personality disorder in which you lack any understanding or empathy for what other human beings are experiencing, as you cannot see past your own needs, wants and expectations.

So yeah, I don't care how many assists he averages, a guy who never stops bitching and moaning about what everyone else is doing wrong, is pretty much the embodiment of narcissism.

balli, where have you been?
Lurkin. Mostly.

Ghazi
07-15-2009, 05:54 PM

sonic21
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
PG - CP3
SG - Mo williams
SF - Lebron James
PF - KG/amare
C - Howard

Thompson
07-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Pg - Paul
Sg - Terry (idiot does that little 'Jet' thing, has his own clothing line)
Sf - LeBron
Pf - Amare
C - Shaq

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Pg - Paul
Sg - Terry (idiot does that little 'Jet' thing, has his own clothing line)
Sf - LeBron
Pf - Amare
C - Shaq

Son the JET is awesome.

Thompson
07-15-2009, 08:18 PM
Son the JET is awesome.

He's a narcissistic nutpuncher. Same goes for Paul.

I remember one game where Terry flagrantly fouled Ginobili when he was in mid-air. Then, realizing how it might look on camera, he walked over and offered Manu a hand up to pretend it wasn't intentional. Manu ignored him for the prick that he is.

daslicer
07-15-2009, 08:39 PM
PG-CP3
SG-Kobe
SF-Lebron(I used to believe he was good guy up until the playoffs and the bs he pulled at his camp)
PF- I can't find one. KG is a bitch but he doesn't fall in the definition of narcissist.
C- Shaq

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 08:40 PM
PF- I can't find one. KG is a bitch but he doesn't fall in the definition of narcissist.

Perhaps the most narcissistic player in basketball is a PF.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2009, 08:42 PM
I'm going with a small ball lineup:

Stephon Marbury
AI
Kobe Bryant
LBJ
Amare Stoudamire

Hornets1
07-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow, I didn't know being the best PG in the league made you a narcissists. I love how its 3 spurs fan who hate paul and 1 mormon(dumb, dumb dumb, dumb, dumb) who is upset D-will doesn't get enough respect(which he really doesn't). CP3 is the most humble player at his talent level(top 5).

But I guess it takes a narcissists to thank his teammates and God for every award he gets

KidCongo
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Looks like the Cavs might have the most self loving team in the NBA.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Wow, I didn't know being the best PG in the league made you a narcissists. I love how its 3 spurs fan who hate paul and 1 mormon(dumb, dumb dumb, dumb, dumb) who is upset D-will doesn't get enough respect(which he really doesn't). CP3 is the most humble player at his talent level(top 5).

Son Balli is not a stereotypical white-wash Jazz fan, this is based on the discussions we've had in the political forum. The only legitimate douche bag Jazz fan on this site is TheTroutBum.

Hornets1
07-15-2009, 08:57 PM

The 1st sign of insecurity is bringin up a small incident that happened w/ a player in the past. Just like calling Kobe a rapist.

Hornets1
07-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Son Balli is not a stereotypical white-wash Jazz fan, this is based on the discussions we've had in the political forum. The only legitimate douche bag Jazz fan on this site is TheTroutBum.

Oh, so chris paul is a political narcissists? I get it now. So, its just me that thinks every jazz fan on here hates CP3 b/c he gets publicity and his counterpart and equal(IMO) doesn't.

And yes, that 1st part was a joke

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 09:04 PM
Oh, so chris paul is a political narcissists? I get it now. So, its just me that thinks every jazz fan on here hates CP3 b/c he gets publicity and his counterpart and equal(IMO) doesn't.

My post had nothing to do with CP3, I'm on your side that he gets a little too much hate, all I'm saying is you shouldn't refer to balli as "a Mormon", I used to be a douche bag to him and it wasn't cool.

Baseline
07-15-2009, 09:17 PM
No contest.

1. Bryant
2. Bryant
3. Bryant
4. Bryant
5. Bryant

Spursfan092120
07-15-2009, 09:24 PM
yavK0mnE3wI

balli
07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Aw shucks. Thanks DoK. And Hornets fan, I'm not claiming any objectivity when it comes to Paul, hell I'll admit to everything you accuse me of when it comes to being subjective. Doesn't mean my opinion isn't valid, or at least one that's held by plenty of non-jazz NBA fans.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-15-2009, 09:28 PM
It's not like CP3 is a model citizen. Do I think this site hates him a little too much? Yes, but he does plenty of stupid shit to deserve the hate.

pauls931
07-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Replace Nash, with DoK...

Thompson
07-15-2009, 10:05 PM
The 1st sign of insecurity is bringin up a small incident that happened w/ a player in the past. Just like calling Kobe a rapist.

More than once. If you watch the Youtube video of Bruce Bowen (the conflict with Paul that got Bowen suspended for a game), you'll see Paul nail Bowen in the groin with the back of his hand. Also, watch Paul fling himself to the ground pretending to have been kicked when Bowen starts to step back away from him. The fact that the NBA suspended Bowen after watching the tapes makes it even more ridiculous.

LnGrrrR
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
PG - Stephon Marbury
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James
PF - Kevin Garnett
C - Shaquille O'Neal

Marbury - love this guy but proclaimed he was best PG in the league
Bryant - yeah ok
James - "CHOSEN"
Garnett - needs to be the man
O'Neal - all of his "big" nicknames

I'm surprised it took til the second page to list KG. I'm a Boston homer and even I would've put him there. Although he did somewhat defer to PP and Ray-ray as far as game winning shots and being a 'leader' offensively. (KG took up the defensive leader role.)

LnGrrrR
07-15-2009, 10:44 PM
This would be a lot easier if we were talking about the NFL... the WR position would be like, five guys deep.

SenorSpur
07-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Iverson
Kobe
Shaq
Amare
Arenas

SenorSpur
07-15-2009, 10:50 PM

Shaq should definitely go ahead of Dwight. After all, HE was the one who proclaimed that, upon his arrival in the desert, that he "just wanted to fit in". Of course, that didn't last long. Even before the Suns season was heading south, he started moaning and groaning about getting his touches.

This guy is as big of a pain as Terrell Owens. Yet he gets the biggest pass in the NBA because fans and media think he's funny. In reality, he's childish, juvenile and has a cartoon mind.

Dunc n Dave
07-15-2009, 10:55 PM
PG Tony Parker... he's French and married Eva... need I say more
SG Manu Ginobili... cocky bastard, never committed a foul in his life
SF Bruce Bowen... dirty SOB but pretends to be innocent
PF Tim Duncan... the quiet thing is just an act (psychology degree) he really has a HUGE EGO whent eh camera's off
C- David Robinson - threatened to not play for the Spurs unless the gave him the average of the 2 highest paid players in the league before ever playing an NBA game. Talk about thinking you're God's gift to basketball!

just thought I'd get these guys out of the way before the Spurs haters come in here and try to get a rise out of us!:toast

Dunc n Dave
07-15-2009, 11:03 PM
Here's my real list:

PG Iverson (won't admit all he cares about is getting his numbers)
SG Kobe (tempted to pick Terry here for being a D-bag, but Kobe throws teammates under the bus)
SF Amare (thinks he could play SF, because he believes he's THAT GOOD from outside, yet won't play a lick of defense and demands a MAX contract)
PF Karl Malone (referred to himself in the 3rd person all the time)
C Shaq (another guy who throws teammates under the bus, Kobe learned the art from this guy)

***couldn't put James on the list because so far he's said all the right things, even if he does buy into all the hype around him, he's kinda earned the right being an MVP and all.

Also couldn't put DHoward on here for the same reasons. Yeah he's whined to the media about not getting enough touches, but he was right about that. The result was they won the series vs. Boston after he complained.

Jacob1983
07-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Paul Pierce and KG deserve some consideration for the list.

sook
07-15-2009, 11:40 PM
the guy that claimed he was the best player in the world after he rode coat tails to a championship isn't on some of your lists?

v2freak
07-15-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm surprised it took til the second page to list KG. I'm a Boston homer and even I would've put him there. Although he did somewhat defer to PP and Ray-ray as far as game winning shots and being a 'leader' offensively. (KG took up the defensive leader role.)

I think it's cause he fell off the map a bit last year, with missing the playoffs and all. Once he becomes a force again and the cameras start showing him screaming, you can bet he'll show up on a lot of people's lists.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't think KG is narcissistic.

UrAphag
07-16-2009, 12:37 AM
The proper word for him is SUPER ATTENTION WHORE. He's also kind of like an e-thug.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 12:39 AM
The proper word for him is SUPER ATTENTION WHORE. He's also kind of like an e-thug.

Yeah agreed, but he's not narcissistic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Shaq should definitely go ahead of Dwight. After all, HE was the one who proclaimed that, upon his arrival in the desert, that he "just wanted to fit in". Of course, that didn't last long. Even before the Suns season was heading south, he started moaning and groaning about getting his touches.

This guy is as big of a pain as Terrell Owens. Yet he gets the biggest pass in the NBA because fans and media think he's funny. In reality, he's childish, juvenile and has a cartoon mind.

The day Team Obliterator wins 4 championships you can compare him to Shaq daddy.

Shaq moaned about touches because the team was winning games when he was getting touches.

Biggems
07-16-2009, 12:42 AM
PG - Stephon Marbury (honorable mention Steve Francis)
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James (the audacity of this clown is absolutely absurd)
PF - Amare Stoudamire (push ups in the middle of a playoff game, REALLY?)
C - Shaquille O'Neal (but he is a mere mortal when compared to they Narcissity of one Wilt Chamberlain)

All-time
PG - ?
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Jerry West
PF - Charles Barkley
C - Wilt Chamberlain

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 12:47 AM
Amare is way more narcissistic than Chuck. As GBS said, Amare might clinically be a narcissist.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 12:50 AM
PG - ?
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Jerry West
PF - Charles Barkley
C - Wilt Chamberlain

It might actually be Starbury.

JamStone
07-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Damon Jones - Renaldo mentioned him above. I was hoping I'd be the first to mention him. I don't care if he's been out of the league for 20 years, he's my starting point guard for this team. The world's greatest shooter has to be.

Tony Allen - Lol, he said, "no disrespect to James Posey, but I'm better than him."

Carmelo Anthony - this douche has been crying about how he should be talked about the same way people talk about LeBron and Wade for basically 5 years now. He took the cake this past post season after finally getting out of the first round beating the Hornets, and he was being interviewed on the court right after the game standing right next to Chauncey Billups and the interviewer asked what Chauncey meant to the team, and he somehow flipped the question and answered it by saying Billups brought the same things he was going to bring at the beginning of the season after experiencing the Olympics and winning gold, and how he had already decided to be more professional and work on defense. He completely deflected praise from Billups in order to praise himself. In the sit down post game, he talked about how he had been down in playoff series before. Not the team, but just him. Carmelo is ridiculously narcissistic. That said, Chauncey himself is pretty damn narcissistic, but always adds a softener to try to show some humility.

Amare Stoudemire - if he were of middle eastern descent, people really would mistake him for Jesus. And, by "people," I mean Amare himself.

Joakim Noah - that dude Joakim Noah... he loves himself some Joakim Noah.

Marbury already has a lifetime achievement. Kobe and Shaq are givens, so are LeBron and Iverson and Gilbert Arenas. Eddie House deserves honorable mention. Nate Robinson gets a pass because he's 5-foot-2 and has to deal with Napolean complex.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 01:28 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Z-Bo or B-Diddy.

Dunc n Dave
07-16-2009, 03:57 AM
PG - Stephon Marbury (honorable mention Steve Francis)
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - Lebron James (the audacity of this clown is absolutely absurd)
PF - Amare Stoudamire (push ups in the middle of a playoff game, REALLY?)
C - Shaquille O'Neal (but he is a mere mortal when compared to they Narcissity of one Wilt Chamberlain)

All-time
PG - ?
SG - Michael Jordan
SF - Jerry West
PF - Charles Barkley
C - Wilt Chamberlain

It wasn't a playoff game, it was the regular season vs. the Spurs, but I see your point... He looked like a D-bag when he bricked both FTs and they lost.

The TroutBum
07-16-2009, 04:19 AM

That's because you're a butt fuck.

I'm just sayin...

Ghazi
07-16-2009, 04:31 AM
Tell em Trout :smokin

carrao45
07-16-2009, 06:30 AM
It wasn't a playoff game, it was the regular season vs. the Spurs, but I see your point... He looked like a D-bag when he bricked both FTs and they lost.

He bricked those because he is stupid. Push-ups expand your muscles, and are the worst possible thing to do right before shooting. It's extremely difficult to make shots immediately after doing push-ups. He missed because he is stupid enough to do push-ups before shooting

carrao45
07-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Mo Scrub
Iverson
LeCrab
Amare (also a candidate for least intelligent player in the NBA)
Fat Shaq

mojorizen7
07-16-2009, 07:01 AM
AI
Kobe
LeBron
Stoudemire
Kareem A. Jabbar

Ariel
07-16-2009, 07:12 AM
Iverson
Kobe
Shaq
Amare
Arenas
Ding ding! We´ve got a winner!

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Paul Pierce and KG deserve some consideration for the list.

Pierce is cocky... not narcissistic. There's a difference.

carrao45
07-16-2009, 07:41 AM
AI
Kobe
LeBron
Stoudemire
Kareem A. Jabbar

Yeah Kareem does seem kinda arrogant...

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Yeah Kareem does seem kinda arrogant...

When you're Kareem Abdul Jabbar, you're ALLOWED to be arrogant. :D

carrao45
07-16-2009, 08:01 AM
When you're Kareem Abdul Jabbar, you're ALLOWED to be arrogant. :D

:loltrue, but it was more that he seemed more willing to talk about how great he was. Other stars don't seem to talk about their greatness like Kareem does

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 09:22 AM
That's because you're a butt fuck.

I'm just sayin...

If KG was white you'd love him on the Jazz.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 09:23 AM

That's what I'm saying about KG, cocky and narcissistic are two completely different things.

JamStone
07-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Narcissism includes thinking too highly of oneself, especially when it's to the point of a delusional level.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 09:34 AM
KG is Narcissistic and cocky.

How is KG narcissistic?

Biggems
07-16-2009, 09:39 AM
KG is a bitch...he never steps to players his size.....but he is always up on some smaller player ready to give him the business. Fuck KG and his jacked up facial expressions.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Damon Jones Damon Jones Damon Jones

You're supposed to pick the top five narcissists, not the three greatest players in the last five years.

rjv
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
1st Team is all Kobe and 2nd Team is all Lebron

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Narcissism includes thinking too highly of oneself, especially when it's to the point of a delusional level.

What makes you think Pierce is cocky to the point of delusion? I've not heard him say "I'm better than Kobe" or anything like that.

He might've said it in the heat of the moment, or maybe during the 2007 Finals, but he doesn't seem to display a lack of empathy for others, or a history of histrionic statements.

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
I would say KG is narcisstic only because he continues to act as if he is the center of attention on the bench, and he was jawing at other players when he wasn't even on the court during the playoffs. That seems narcisstic to me, to rag on others when you're not even out there.

hater
07-16-2009, 10:12 AM
I cant beleive noone got it right

CP3
AI
Kobe
Lebron
Shaq

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
He said hes the best player on the planet.

Ok, so he did say it once. I thought I remembered him saying that. Was it cocky? Sure. But to be honest, I don't want players for the team I'm cheering for saying something like, "Sure, Kobe's a better player than I am, but I'm not too bad, ya know?" :)

To me, narcissism implies a repeated cockiness AS WELL AS a lack of empathy for others. Pierce seems to care about his teammates, even if he can be a bit primadonnaish occasionally.

One way or another, I don't think PP is half as narcissistic as others.

JamStone
07-16-2009, 10:57 AM
This past post season, Pierce also said even without KG, the Celtics were the best team in the playoffs and that he was the best player in the playoffs. Pierce is obnoxiously cocky and absolutely thinks way too highly of himself. That doesn't mean he's not a great player because he is. Just means he really is a narcissist.

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 11:01 AM
This past post season, Pierce also said even without KG, the Celtics were the best team in the playoffs and that he was the best player in the playoffs. Pierce is obnoxiously cocky and absolutely thinks way too highly of himself. That doesn't mean he's not a great player because he is. Just means he really is a narcissist.

I will lay claim to my homer status and just say that Pierce can't help but say that because... he has the heart of a champion. :lol

JamStone
07-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Aint nothing wrong with. Most pro athletes are over-cocky.

Blind homerism forces us towards denial a lot. It's cool. I get it.

It wasn't until I got older that I could accept the faults of players I rooted for. I can admit that Rip Hamilton is a whiney little bitch and Tayshaun Prince is a big fat (ironically) pussy. Confront denial.

Biggems
07-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Glen Robinson
Derrick Coleman

two more guys who fit this thread

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Aint nothing wrong with. Most pro athletes are over-cocky.

Blind homerism forces us towards denial a lot. It's cool. I get it.

It wasn't until I got older that I could accept the faults of players I rooted for. I can admit that Rip Hamilton is a whiney little bitch and Tayshaun Prince is a big fat (ironically) pussy. Confront denial.

I have blind spots for Brady, Pierce, and Manny Ramirez.

Brady, because the Pats sucked forever until he started.

Pierce, because he was one of the lone bright spots for many, MANY crappy years.

And Manny, because as stupid as he is, man is he a good hitter who seemingly always came through in the post-season.

ginobilized
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
1st Team all-Narcissist

Kobe.....there's no room for anyone else

2nd Team

who really cares?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
KG is a bitch...he never steps to players his size.....but he is always up on some smaller player ready to give him the business. Fuck KG and his jacked up facial expressions.

None of that makes him narcissistic.

Red Hawk #21
07-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Cp3- Prick, Asshole, fool, Whiner, Nut puncher, Flopper, Dirty, Crybaby, Loser
Kobe Bryant
Lebrick James
Kevin Garnett
Shaq

Hornets1
07-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Cp3- Prick, Asshole, fool, Whiner, Nut puncher, Flopper, Dirty, Crybaby, Loser
Kobe Bryant
Lebrick James
Kevin Garnett
Shaq

Still mad about the marvin williams pick?:whine

DoK, as a hornets fan, I'm ashamed I forgot to mention Baron Davis:toast

JamStone
07-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Baron Davis is narcissistic, but he's also willing to make fun of himself. I think he gets a break because of that.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Deshawn Stevenson needs to crack the line-up. Flashing that "you can't see me" garbage when your team is getting blown out deserves some recognition.

FkLA
07-16-2009, 02:45 PM
PG-Arenas
SG-Iverson
SF-Kobe (hate that fake-ass humility approach he tries to portray)
PF-Garnett
C-Shaq

6th Man
Terry

Hornets1
07-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Baron Davis is narcissistic, but he's also willing to make fun of himself. I think he gets a break because of that.

True that. I dislike Baron for the fact that he is an amazing talent w/ an amazing contract who only plays well when he feels like it(about half the time).

daslicer
07-16-2009, 08:00 PM

I wouldn't say he's narcissistic I followed him during his career in charlotte and based on that I can't say he is. He didn't bitch during his rookie year when he hardly got any minutes playing backup to David Wesely even though he was better then him. It could have been very easy for a young stud like him to come in and demand starter minutes. He also played under control during his first few years in charlotte and became a great leader. He didn't start to go haywire until the team moved New Orleans. Thats when he quit on the team and starting half assing it along with being a prick at times. Baron to me is more like slacker a guy who has tremendous talent but doesn't try all the time.

carrao45
07-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Shaq
Shaq
Shaq
Shaq
Shaq