PDA

View Full Version : Figure it out democrats, this is real leadership!

DMX7
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
George Bush showed us all that when your nation is under attack, you jump to action and lead... or you just read a children's book.

0rO3F6mZUaE

Wild Cobra
07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
George Bush showed us all that when your nation is under attack, you jump to action and lead... or you just read a children's book.

0rO3F6mZUaE
People who live in the past are losers.

You're a loser?

I could say how that is wrong the slant is on so many levels, but that happened almost 8 years ago. We've been over that too many times already.

Loser...

Winehole23
07-15-2009, 10:36 PM
n2M9oDvWjpg

Wild Cobra
07-15-2009, 11:10 PM

For a rebuttal, start at 25 seconds in of this:

fqb7jT47Al0

I'm not going to spend much time, if any, debating this issue again. Watch all 8 parts.

Also read this:

Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 911 (http://www.davekopel.org/terror/59Deceits.pdf)

The above is a summary of this:

Fifty-nine Deceits in Fahrenheit 9/11 (http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm)

Viva Las Espuelas
07-16-2009, 09:35 AM

0rO3F6mZUaE
you know, i always thought about this.......i don't know how i would react if someone whispered in my ear thousands of people have died about 10 minutes ago. two planes flew into the world trade center.....i think i would reacted the same. should he have flipped out and freaked out the kids? i think he kept his cool pretty well in front of those kids. anyone to say they would've reacted in a better fashion.......................i would just laugh in their face.

florige
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
you know, i always thought about this.......i don't know how i would react if someone whispered in my ear thousands of people have died about 10 minutes ago. two planes flew into the world trade center.....i think i would reacted the same. should he have flipped out and freaked out the kids? i think he kept his cool pretty well in front of those kids. anyone to say they would've reacted in a better fashion.......................i would just laugh in their face.

He could had just gotten up and excused himself without freakin out I think. That was a tough situation to be in though.

LnGrrrR
07-16-2009, 10:00 AM

I actually agree with this, and thought it unfair that Bush is excoriated for not immediately jumping up.

It would have also been acceptable for him to politely excuse himself, which is probably what I would have done. But didn't he only continue to read for five minutes or so?

I know 'every second counts' and whatnot, but honestly, I don't think there's alot that the President could do that wasn't already being done.

ElNono
07-16-2009, 10:05 AM
I might blame Bush for a bunch of stuff he did and I didn't agree with.
This one in particular isn't one of them. There's just simply nothing he could have done different in this instance that would have changed the outcome of the attacks.
And I agree that different people react in different ways. You really have to reach to try to find any 'wrongdoing' in this instance.

jacobdrj
07-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Fahrenheit 9/11 was a disaster. Instead of bringing to light the real issues and problems, it brought lies and half truths to try and discredit the administration when he clearly didn't need to. Instead it backfired, as the moderates aren't that stupid, and fear of someone as evil as Michael Moore could endorse a candidate like Kerry took what little credibility he had completely down the toilet.

MM can burn in hell as far as I am concerned, and I don't mean in Michigan.

clambake
07-16-2009, 10:14 AM
the argument should be that he didn't do his job leading up to the attacks.

Wild Cobra
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
He could had just gotten up and excused himself without freakin out I think. That was a tough situation to be in though.
What difference would there have been. He would have then just been sitting someplace else as information filtered in, and his speech was written that he gave a few minutes later. As for leaving immediately, isn't it better to have everyone pack up in an orderly fashion? He had to wait somewhere, I think he did the right thing.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
the argument should be that he didn't do his job leading up to the attacks.
i thought clinton did by firing missles into afghanistan from a ship about a 1000 miles away. silly me.

clambake
07-16-2009, 02:56 PM
you want to talk about clinton?

jman3000
07-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Nothing he could have done? Hindsight is 20/20. Nobody had any idea what exactly was happening. What if there was something he could have done?

The appropriate response would have just been to say "I appreciate y'alls time, but somethings come up and I'm needed elsewhere. Thank you for your time"... or something along those lines.

With that being said, he was unfairly treated for that... but it was still not the most inspiring response.

jman3000
07-16-2009, 03:55 PM
i thought clinton did by firing missles into afghanistan from a ship about a 1000 miles away. silly me.

Thinking in the past is for losers.

Sincerely,

Wild Cobra

IceColdBrewski
07-16-2009, 03:59 PM
you want to talk about clinton?

You don't think he deserves any of the blame?

By all accounts, a large portion of the terrorists the who carried out the 9/11 attacks were already operating inside our country long before Bush took office. You know, going to flight schools and shit. Seeing as how Bush was still Governor of Texas, it really wasn't his problem.

I guess you expected him to step into office and clean up all of Clinton's messes within a year or two of swearing in. Fair enough. But if that's the case, don't come in here and bitch when you hear board republicans who expect Obama to clean up the economy during his first term. We all know it's not gonna happen.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Thinking in the past is for losers.

Sincerely,

Wild Cobra
let's not forget the OP

clambake
07-16-2009, 05:11 PM
You don't think he deserves any of the blame?

By all accounts, a large portion of the terrorists the who carried out the 9/11 attacks were already operating inside our country long before Bush took office. You know, going to flight schools and shit. Seeing as how Bush was still Governor of Texas, it really wasn't his problem.

I guess you expected him to step into office and clean up all of Clinton's messes within a year or two of swearing in. Fair enough. But if that's the case, don't come in here and bitch when you hear board republicans who expect Obama to clean up the economy during his first term. We all know it's not gonna happen.

no, i just think he should have done something that resembled anything instead of completely ignoring all the warnings.