PDA

View Full Version : Andre Miller, forgotten man

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-15-2009, 11:24 PM
The guy I feel for in this FA period is Andre Miller - sure, he isn't much of a shooter, but the guy is a consummate professional who went into Phili and was a big part of turning around a moribund franchise. Now he doesn't even get an offer?

A play I reckon he'd be a great fit is Portland - he's a pass-first guy, a good veteran leader, and they lack a top-flight point guard. They could then bring Blake/Bayless off the bench and have three very different looks at the 1.

Where do you think he'll end up?

DPG21920
07-15-2009, 11:25 PM
I think he will end up in Philly.

Cry Havoc
07-15-2009, 11:54 PM
One of the most consistently underrated players in NBA history.

duncan228
07-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Andre Miller, guard, unrestricted. Teams interested: Indiana, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, Portland. The latest: Miller wanted a three-year, $30-million contract, but won't get that. Numerous reports say Miller has been seeking sign-and-trade deals with the aforementioned teams.

A lot of free agents still on the NBA market

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131378

iggypop123
07-16-2009, 01:00 AM
i dont know why portland isnt after him. maybe after the official millsap offer is matched they need to run after him. outside of kidd he is the best fit out there for them. look at what he did with a young team in philly and iggy is not roy

07-16-2009, 01:37 AM
miller is too old to lead the blazers.

JamStone
07-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Who?

I forgot about this guy...

Lars
07-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Surely he has gotten an offer from someone?

baseline bum
07-16-2009, 04:14 AM
I'll never forget how worthless he was for the Clippers. Remember when everyone thought Miller/Maggette/Richardson/Brand/Olowokandi was one of the top young cores in the league? :lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-24-2009, 08:53 PM
The guy I feel for in this FA period is Andre Miller - sure, he isn't much of a shooter, but the guy is a consummate professional who went into Phili and was a big part of turning around a moribund franchise. Now he doesn't even get an offer?

I reckon he'd be a great fit is Portland - he's a pass-first guy, a good veteran leader, and they lack a top-flight point guard. They could then bring Blake/Bayless off the bench and have three very different looks at the 1.

Where do you think he'll end up?

Damn, I'm spot on this off-season.

Except for the Gortat match, I've picked all the major moves well before they've happened.

:D

tlongII
07-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Props to Ruff. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
07-24-2009, 09:13 PM
the forgotten man should be david lee...lmao cursed name

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Props to Ruff. :tu

Thanks.

Are you happy with the move? I can't be bothered reading the whole of the other thread - read the first page though and I thought timvp's take was interesting. I disagree with him to an extent - I think on offense Miller will make a lot of cheap buckets for Oden on little slip passes and alley-oops, and Aldridge is very comfortable on the perimeter so he'll be able to kick out to him a lot. He also has a lot of shooters to pass to on that team. The question is whether Nate will let him run a bit - he should, because Portland has a lot of athletes. On D Miller has always been a bit of a liability, but he'll have enough good defenders around him to cover. I think the greatest asset he brings to the team is veteran leadership and professionalism, and he'll be able to relieve a bit of the ball-handling and creating burden from Roy.

Your team should be pushing for the 4th spot in the West next year.

tlongII
07-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks.

Are you happy with the move? I can't be bothered reading the whole of the other thread - read the first page though and I thought timvp's take was interesting. I disagree with him to an extent - I think on offense Miller will make a lot of cheap buckets for Oden on little slip passes and alley-oops, and Aldridge is very comfortable on the perimeter so he'll be able to kick out to him a lot. He also has a lot of shooters to pass to on that team. The question is whether Nate will let him run a bit - he should, because Portland has a lot of athletes. On D Miller has always been a bit of a liability, but he'll have enough good defenders around him to cover. I think the greatest asset he brings to the team is veteran leadership and professionalism, and he'll be able to relieve a bit of the ball-handling and creating burden from Roy.

Your team should be pushing for the 4th spot in the West next year.

I think it's a great move at the price. Hopefully this will allow B-Roy to rest a little bit. We were 4th this past year so I think we'll be pushing to be the number 1 seed.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-24-2009, 09:52 PM
I think it's a great move at the price. Hopefully this will allow B-Roy to rest a little bit. We were 4th this past year so I think we'll be pushing to be the number 1 seed.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that. :lol

Yeah, it was a good move. I wish you'd picked up Lamar instead just to fuck the Lakers, but Miller makes a lot of sense, will help the team improve, and yeah, the price is right.

TDMVPDPOY
07-24-2009, 09:53 PM
u got fkn 4pgs on ur roster....

give us one damn it

tlongII
07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
u got fkn 4pgs on ur roster....

give us one damn it

We only have 3. Blake, Miller, and Bayless.