PDA

View Full Version : EA doesn't give f*** about mixed martial arts" says UFC Chief

Slydragon
07-16-2009, 01:25 AM
I guess I'll post this on the Geek Zone also.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1003360p1.html

UK, July 14, 2009 - UFC president Dana White has said he is "at war" with EA and warned fighters hoping to appear in the publisher's forthcoming MMA title: "You won't be in the UFC."

The flamboyant head of the mixed martial arts organisation made the comments at a press conference after the UFC 100 event (reported by mmajunkie.com), confirming rumours we heard earlier this month.

It appears White is still bitter after EA turned down the chance to add a UFC game to its roster of sports titles. "EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" explained White. "They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them... Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

The latest UFC game, a collaboration between UFC and THQ titled Undisputed 2009, has shipped around 2 million units since it went on sale in May, claims White.

EA has since announced its own MMA game, with former UFC World Champion Randy Couture already signed up to appear. While he has White's blessing, the UFC chief said other stars who got in bed with EA would be blacklisted.

"EA doesn't give f**k about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear," said White.

Destro
07-16-2009, 05:53 PM
White's being a punk, vengeful acts by promoters is what got boxing into trouble, he is starting to do things that he once criticized boxing promoters for. His fighters are trying to make a buck, he should support it. The fighters are MMA not Dana White

angelbelow
07-17-2009, 01:07 AM
When it comes to this kind of stuff I have a similar personality. I wonder why he gave only Courture his blessing though.

dbreiden83080
07-27-2009, 07:06 PM
Douchebag move number 3,567 by Dana...