PDA

View Full Version : Real GM Article:

whottt
04-06-2005, 04:43 AM
This article has some insight into what happened to Robinson with Philly this season...

Real GM (http://spurs.realgm.com/articles/32/20050405/big_dog_signed_by_san_antonio/)

Big Dog Signed by San Antonio
Patrick J. Austin - 5th April, 2005 3:07 PM

Once again, we will see Robinson embroidered on the back of Spurs a jersey. No, not that Robinson; I’m talking about Glenn “Big Dog” Robinson. San Antonio officially signed him this past week.

The team could certainly use some additional firepower while Tim Duncan is out recuperating from his latest ankle injury. And if there’s one thing Big Dog can do, it’s score. He boasts career averages of twenty points per game and six rebounds per game. His midrange jump shot, when it’s on, is one of the best in the league.

Of course, he hasn’t been able to shoot the midrange jumper that much this season since, for one odd reason after another, he’s been stashed on the injured reserve all year.

I never understood why Robinson was placed IR to begin with. Watching him during the preseason, it looked like he was do for a career year with Philly. He was in shape, was playing better defense, and was routinely scoring twenty-plus points in a game. Then, all of a sudden, the Sixers sent him to the IR. They claimed he had a serious ankle injury, but Robinson went back and forth confirming and then denying this assertion.

At the trade deadline, Philly dealt him to the New Orleans Hornets in exchange for Jamal Mashburn and Rodney Rogers. New Orleans quickly waived him, which had to be extremely embarrassing for Big Dog. I mean, getting waived by one of the worst teams in the league doesn’t exactly help your rep.

So here he is now in San Antonio. Personally, I feel this was a brilliant move by Spurs management. They could potentially be getting an angry, determined Big Dog that’s ready to prove all the naysayers wrong. Of course, they could also wind up with an injured, sullen Puppy Dog. It’s certainly a gamble, but one worth taking. Either way, it’s only costing them a minimum contract.

I hope Robinson takes full advantage of this situation. This is do or die for his NBA career. If he can remain healthy and give this team that extra offensive boost during the rest of the regular season and playoffs, then he might earn himself another contract. If he continues to be plagued by injuries and doesn’t produce, then we might be watching the last days of Glenn Robinson in the NBA. The choice is his.

whottt
04-06-2005, 04:50 AM
I am going to cut this guy some slack...I read into his assault case and it sounds like it was a typical BS assault case...the Gun was a gun kept at his girl friendfs house and he never used it...what made it a big deal was that it wasn't licensed...

And the assault charges claim he slapped her on the butt and hips...A women getting beaten doesn't get slapped on the butt and hips IMO, she usually get punched in face...

Does this mean he's a nice guy? No...

At the same time...

I think his true problem is that he got drunk and made an ass of himself...and he probably plead guilty to some lame assault charge so he didn't get hit with the big charge of owning an unlicensed gun.

I also truly don't think it's unusual that this guy had problems with Cassell, Allen, AI and Karl...those guys haven't exactly been models of stability on teams...

What if this guy is still the same Glenn Robinson? This guy enables us to give other teams huge matchup problems at our weakest offensive position...this guy is a very tough matchup...and on a team with Duncan? Damn.....he's gonna eat that stuff up.

I think this one time I feel safe in saying...

Trust Pop.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Very poorly written article, including typos, with a lot of non-information.

Thanks for posting. :)

whottt
04-06-2005, 04:54 AM
Very poorly written article, including typos, with a lot of non-information.

Thanks for posting. :)

I think it's just a poster article at real GM...I got it out of their Spurs forum...

But his preseason info was something not many had touched on...the guy evidently got to see Robinson in the preseason and was impressed with him...

It's not hard to see how AI could have had something to do with him being stuck on the IR...AI does call the shots in Philly...just ask Webber.

dougp
04-06-2005, 04:55 AM
but kori, atleast whottt's posting something worth our time, much better than RaperGod and a good amount of others!

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 04:55 AM
Watching him during the preseason, it looked like he was do for a career year with Philly. He was in shape, was playing better defense, and was routinely scoring twenty-plus points in a game.

Lies.

He scored 7 points, 7 points, 6 points, 2 points, DNP-CD, DNP-CD in preseason.

Where's the twenty-something routine?!

I understand wanting to prop a guy, but someone shouldn't pull lies out of their ass that someone can go look up.

timvp
04-06-2005, 04:56 AM
He was in shape, was playing better defense, and was routinely scoring twenty-plus points in a game.

In preseason, Robinson had one double-digit game (10 points). His averages were 6.4 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.2 assists in 19.0 minutes per game, while shooting 34.2% from the field and 0-2 from beyond the three-point land.

With that type of error, you have to disregard this article (and website?) completely.

Oops.

timvp
04-06-2005, 04:57 AM
:flipoff @ The Princess for doing the same research I was doing but beating me to the punch.

:smokin :makeout :smokin

whottt
04-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Damn...nice way to rain on my parade, I was really starting to feel good about this signing...oh well...maybe he'll get lucky and still be right :)...those guys were right about Nazr.

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 05:05 AM
http://www.savannahnow.com/exchange/images/032103/full_pats.jpg

Whottt, I think he'll be useful here in limited minutes if he has the right attitude, especially right now with Devin down. Hell, he'll probably even have a clutch shot that means something and the forum will be overloaded with "Start Robinson" threads. :) But whoever wrote this "article" (and I don't think it's a poster -- I think he's their Spurs writer) really shouldn't just make up crap.

whottt
04-06-2005, 05:10 AM
I usually check this kind of info outmyself(if I haven't already done so)...but I just got excited about it because of the preseason thing...playing good d...dropping 20 routinely...sometimes when someone is telling you something you want to hear it's easy to lose objectivity. That's usually not a problem for me because I am usually on the underdog side of an argument.

Useruser666
04-06-2005, 08:46 AM
Lies.

He scored 7 points, 7 points, 6 points, 2 points, DNP-CD, DNP-CD in preseason.

Where's the twenty-something routine?!

I understand wanting to prop a guy, but someone shouldn't pull lies out of their ass that someone can go look up.

Well 7+7+6+2= 22 points! Right? :lol

mookie2001
04-06-2005, 01:11 PM
"when the big dogs hungry you gotta feed him...
its physics, angles,...its math"

-shaquille o'neal

kskonn
04-06-2005, 01:19 PM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

wildbill2u
04-06-2005, 01:27 PM

yeah, and I'd say he was scoring about average. So if you put them all together...

san antonio spurs
04-06-2005, 01:59 PM
So tiMVP said he had a 10pts game, and Kori gave us his stats.
Seems like we got another spurs writer making up crap
who's he? kori or LJ?
________
2SEXYHORNY4U (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/2SEXYHORNY4U/)

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
So tiMVP said he had a 10pts game, and Kori gave us his stats.
Seems like we got another spurs writer making up crap
who's he? kori or LJ?

Two of his preseason games on nba.com have "box score not available" so I didn't list those. I'd imagine one of those games was his 10 point game. :rolleyes