PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jefferson on Dan Patrick NOW!! Sets record straight.

lebomb
07-16-2009, 09:14 AM
On this called off wedding fiasco!!! :wakeup

stxspurs
07-16-2009, 09:21 AM
man he sounds pissed!

lebomb
07-16-2009, 09:22 AM
man he sounds pissed!

No kidding............I wonder if anyone is going to try and throw him under the bus after this interview. :ihit

Bulwark
07-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Missed it, what did he say? Is that his voice? Pretty high-pitched.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
More like sets the record gay!

Ha ha ha ha ha! See what I did there?

lebomb
07-16-2009, 09:28 AM
Missed it, what did he say? Is that his voice? Pretty high-pitched.

He said what everyone is hearing is all lies. He called off the wedding a week before, not 2hrs prior. He didnt give his boys an American Express Black card........he just payed for a dinner his EX fiance was at. He didnt pay her off, he gave her enough money to get her life back on track.........to get an apartment to live in, enough to allow her to find a job. Basically a couple of years worth of cash.....nothing more. He also didnt call off the wedding over an email. His EX fiance and him sat down and discussed the breakup.

lebomb
07-16-2009, 09:30 AM
He believes his EX fiances friends and/or family made up a lot of mis information...........they have a vendetta for him.

I. Hustle
07-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Props to RJ. I wish I would have done the same with my first marriage.

tp2021
07-16-2009, 09:35 AM
Uh oh. We don't need the Spurs off-court happenings becoming Cowboys part deux.

:lobt2:

Biggems
07-16-2009, 09:36 AM
who cares how he broke it off or whatever....that is his personal business......sheesh

Supergirl
07-16-2009, 09:37 AM
For what it's worth, my gaydar *does* go off with RJ, in the same way it goes off loud and clear whenever the big ole closet case Charlie Crist is anywhere in the vicinity.

I just wish that if he IS gay he would come out. Statistically speaking, you know a few of the NBA players are gay, yet none have ever come out, except 1, and that was after he was an active player...

urunobili
07-16-2009, 09:42 AM
^^^^^ none of the males on: NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, MLS currently active are gay????

Isn't that weird? they are just not coming out...

lebomb
07-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Props to RJ. I wish I would have done the same with my first marriage.

No kidding............ I saw signs before I got married the 1st time.........married the evil beotch anyhow..........all for it to flame out a horrible death 9yrs later. What a mess. Should have pulled the rip cord like RJ prior to the wedding. Congratulations to RJ. :toast

SpursFan8179
07-16-2009, 09:45 AM
You stay classy Richard Jefferson!:lol

JudynTX
07-16-2009, 09:46 AM
I think Kori wants these type of threads in the Club. :lol

DBMethos
07-16-2009, 10:00 AM
This is way too much publicity for a Spurs player...how are we going to fly under the radar now?

hater
07-16-2009, 10:04 AM
I think Kori wants these type of threads in the Club. :lol

If RJ wants to set the record straight. The thread should stay here

EricB
07-16-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm flabbergasted at the lack of maturity continued to be shown regarding Richard Jefferson.

DrHouse
07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
An NBA player would never lie to the public.

Thunder Dan
07-16-2009, 10:21 AM
he was on Stern this morning.

Interrohater
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Why did I even open this thread..crap... now I just posted sumthin... I hate gossip

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 10:25 AM

Nor would a gossip column in a tabloid.........

pad300
07-16-2009, 10:28 AM

Neither would some Jackass on a message board...

Summers
07-16-2009, 10:35 AM
For what it's worth, my gaydar *does* go off with RJ, in the same way it goes off loud and clear whenever the big ole closet case Charlie Crist is anywhere in the vicinity.

I just wish that if he IS gay he would come out. Statistically speaking, you know a few of the NBA players are gay, yet none have ever come out, except 1, and that was after he was an active player...

T-Mac has pretty much said he knows of gay NBA players, but he wouldn't mention names, of course. I wish someone would come out too. It would be hell for him, but everyone could go into hysterics over it and get it over with and then it wouldn't be such a big deal for whomever comes out next. Arenas has always pinged my 'dar, fwiw.

rayray2k8
07-16-2009, 10:40 AM

Do you seriously want the gay and rapist talks to continue?? :rolleyes

TDMVPDPOY
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
no pre-nup no marry

hence he did give her a settlement payment to get her life back on track, most cases would be throw out the door gtfo of my life without a penny

Sandman52
07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
T-Mac has pretty much said he knows of gay NBA players, but he wouldn't mention names, of course. I wish someone would come out too. It would be hell for him, but everyone could go into hysterics over it and get it over with and then it wouldn't be such a big deal for whomever comes out next. Arenas has always pinged my 'dar, fwiw.

Was that a trend at Arizona U.? I mean, Walton was on that team. Where are Gardner and Woods?

IceColdBrewski
07-16-2009, 10:59 AM

Exactly!

Sincerely,

Kobe Bryant after ass raping some young chick.

fubarcrew01
07-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Props to RJ for calling it off now instead of months or years later. Also props to DP for giving him the time to share his side of the story. Also if you didnt' catch the interview you can download it on danpatrick.com.. that interview pretty much dominated the rest of the show.

Gervin44Silas13
07-16-2009, 11:01 AM
Thing of it is....we don't know...looks like alot happened to him this pass month, you get traded while going to a funeral, then this chick probally didn't get it, so he just said F it and dumped her. And if he's gay so what if RJ can bring us a title and rape Kobe in the WCF...that would be great! :lol he'd get a taste of his own medicine!

honestfool84
07-16-2009, 11:03 AM
hope he can get things straight and out of his head before the season starts..

:toast

bigdog
07-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Ah, bored Spurs fans.

Let him deal with his life.

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Props to RJ for calling it off now instead of months or years later.

No kidding. Sure would suck to go through with it only to break up down the road and get taken for half of what you're worth.

45 bank shot
07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
yo isn't this white girl his wife?http://www.ebsports.net/blog/gf/jefferson.jpg

ashbeeigh
07-16-2009, 11:20 AM
too much drama! That's stupid for whatsherface and her family to do that if it's true. I don't thibk there's any reason for any of us to know this.

But, tomorrow...on as the Spurs Turn...

Malice
07-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Are half the people that post in here woman? Or just a bunch of gossiping bitches?

Summers
07-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Are half the people that post in here woman? Or just a bunch of gossiping bitches?

RJ's the one on the radio talking about it. Now suck my %#@*.

GSH
07-16-2009, 11:24 AM
The ONLY thing that matters is if he puts up 20 and 5, and gets to the line 6 times a night.

"We're ready to kick some ass!"

JudynTX
07-16-2009, 11:27 AM

:lol @ summers

HarlemHeat37
07-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Who gives a fuck if he's gay anyways?..It's 2009, come join the rest of the world and accept it..we probably won't know if he is for years, and who really cares?..it doesn't affect our lives..

as long as RJ is producing on the court..and as long as he isn't choking/raping women like Kobe, and beating women/animals like Artest, then he's cool with me..

Malice
07-16-2009, 11:29 AM

Just calling it like I see it man. The chatter in these RJ threads are border line chick gossip. Just seems the Desperate House Wives forum would be a more appropriate location for this crap. Ive already wasted enough time on this shit. Please, continue. :blah

Spursfan092120
07-16-2009, 11:35 AM
lol...you're awesome..:lol

Spursfan092120
07-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Just calling it like I see it man. The chatter in these RJ threads are border line chick gossip. Just seems the Desperate House Wives forum would be a more appropriate location for this crap. Ive already wasted enough time on this shit. Please, continue. :blah
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/Korlic_photos/stfu_noob2.jpg
You know how you have less than 100 posts? And I've never seen you post on here hardly at all? You probably should keep it that way...you're better as a lurker..This is a message board, not CNN...if you don't like it, don't log on...And Summers ISN'T A MAN!!

spurspokesman
07-16-2009, 11:43 AM
who cares how he broke it off or whatever....that is his personal business......sheesh
:toast

Kamnik
07-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Well fuck all the media and fuck all the funs that are into that.

It is his personal life; no wonder he is pissed. Leave the guy alone.

spurspokesman
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Thing of it is....we don't know...looks like alot happened to him this pass month, you get traded while going to a funeral, then this chick probally didn't get it, so he just said F it and dumped her. And if he's gay so what if RJ can bring us a title and rape Kobe in the WCF...that would be great! :lol he'd get a taste of his own medicine!
:lmao:lmao That's not funny.:lmao:lmao. But it's funny.:lol

GSH
07-16-2009, 11:49 AM
T-Mac has pretty much said he knows of gay NBA players, but he wouldn't mention names, of course.

I wonder who T-Mac could be referring to?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2100/2284835922_07a99a1fbb_o.jpg

Maybe he just got a copy of the new Lakers' calendar.
http://www.verihoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pau_miller_cuddly.jpg

Malice
07-16-2009, 11:50 AM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc49/Korlic_photos/stfu_noob2.jpg
You know how you have less than 100 posts? And I've never seen you post on here hardly at all? You probably should keep it that way...you're better as a lurker..This is a message board, not CNN...if you don't like it, don't log on...And Summers ISN'T A MAN!!

thats creative. I wasnt aware I had to be gender specific to call a thread crap? And since when do you need x amount of posts to call it like you see it? So yeah, I'll say again. Please, continue the cackling hens. :blah Get back to me when you want to talk actual basketball.

ohmwrecker
07-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Who's gay? I always thought people with "gaydar" were a little gay themselves.

Can we talk about basketball now?

::waits for "NOOB" insults::

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
http://www.verihoops.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pau_miller_cuddly.jpg

In Gasol's defense I can understand how someone with that frazzled mop of a hairdo would be jealous of Mike Miller's beautiful flowing lochs so I'm going to cut the guy some slack.

Malice
07-16-2009, 12:10 PM
In Gasol's defense I can understand how someone with that frazzled mop of a hairdo would be jealous of Mike Miller's beautiful flowing lochs so I'm going to cut the guy some slack.

:lol

Spursfan092120
07-16-2009, 12:16 PM
thats creative. I wasnt aware I had to be gender specific to call a thread crap? And since when do you need x amount of posts to call it like you see it? So yeah, I'll say again. Please, continue the cackling hens. :blah Get back to me when you want to talk actual basketball.
OK...obviously you had no intentions discussing basketball either, considering the fact that you actually clicked on this thread, and posted in it, insulting the people inside of it. So yeah, I'll say again...if you don't like something...and don't want to discuss it, don't post in it. :rolleyes

galvatron3000
07-16-2009, 12:19 PM

Hmmm, what percentage do you represent in this thread?

Spursfan092120
07-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Hmmm, what percentage do you represent in this thread?
He doesn't even represent himself correctly...unless he truly is a jackass.

mingus
07-16-2009, 12:49 PM
i wish Manu would do the same he did with Mahinmi: jokingly try to kiss him while the kiss cam is going on . if Jefferson doesn't pull away , you know he's gay .

romain.star
07-16-2009, 01:16 PM
i might have missed an episod but how does calling a wedding off make you gay??

SonOfAGun
07-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Did they talk about the team!?

jag
07-16-2009, 01:17 PM
More like sets the record gay!

Ha ha ha ha ha! See what I did there?

I laughed...out loud. And that's the first thing i thought when i saw "sets the record straight."

I don't actually think he's gay. I apologize if i've offended anyone.

Vic Petro
07-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Jefferson was on Howard Stern this morning as well telling his side of the story. In fact, one of the staff members came in and told a story about being at Scores strip club and Richard walking in after a game and spending some time there.

Overall he did well for himself. They tried to get him to talk trash about Stephon Marbury and there was a joke made about the Spurs chances ("too bad you broke off the wedding because that was your only chance at a ring") but Jefferson didn't bite. Stern was complimentary of him and said that if he wasn't ready to get married, he did the right thing and that it beats getting divorced.

Vic Petro
07-16-2009, 01:44 PM
San Antonio Spurs Player Richard Jefferson Calls In. 07/16/09. 8:25am

Howard came back and said that they might or might not have a call from Richard Jefferson. Howard said they talked about him yesterday but he's not sure if he's going to call in or not. Howard said he might back out on them like he backed out on his fiancee.

Howard said he's into talking to the guy but he's okay if he doesn't want to call in. Gary said he was trying to get a hold of the guy.

Howard said he read that this guy just broke up with her via e-mail but he also read that he had spoken to her on the phone for a couple of hours too.

Gary said they had Richard on the phone so Howard explained how he had called off his wedding at the last minute.

Howard told Richard he did the right thing. Howard said so many guys will go through with a wedding even though they know that they're marrying the wrong woman. Howard said they'll do it just because there's so much pressure and everything is planned out.

Richard said she's going to be 31 and he's 29 and kids would be very quick if they got married so he wasn't sure he wanted that. Richard said it didn't happen 2 hours before either. He said they're making a bigger story out of it by saying that. He said that they called it off at the beginning of the week and everyone who was invited knew about it by Wednesday.

Howard read that he had broken up with her via email but then read that he had spoken to her on the phone too so it wasn't as bad as they were making it seem. Richard said he sent her the email because he wanted to get all of his thoughts out in a row because it's tough when you're speaking on the phone.

Richard said his fiancee was a Nets dancer and she was a beautiful girl. Richard said that they all check the girls out when they're hanging around the games. He said that they were both living in New York at the time and they both had some problems with the relationship. They both made mistakes. Howard said that's understandable. He said that Richard is a famous basketball player who is traveling all the time.

Howard asked Richard about how long they were going out before he asked her to marry him. He said it was about 3 years. Then they called it off for a while and dated some other people and then started dating again. Richard said that they had broken up but got back together because they really did miss each other. Richard said they had broken up and gotten back together a bunch of times.

Howard said Richard gave her some money to take care of her since he called it off at the last minute. Howard said that was very nice and he didn't have to do that. Robin wondered when he knew it was time to call it off. Richard said that they had been arguing over the past month or so because of some stress after some family members had died. He said that they couldn't continue with that so they had to call it off.

Robin asked what they were arguing about. Artie asked if it was the face that she was dating Stephan Marberry on the side. Howard said ''Oh come on with that...''

Howard asked why guys are painted to be a villain when they call something like this off. Howard said they have to be honest with a person and call it off if you don't feel it's going to work. Howard said this guy did the right thing.

Richard said that the divorce rate is 50 percent and with professional athletes it's even worse. He said his parents have been married forever and he just didn't feel right going through with it feeling the way he did. He didn't want to have to get a divorce.

Howard said he read that Richard signed a great deal worth $68 million but he read that the wedding was going to cost him $2 million. Richard said that's just not true. Richard said it makes for a better story. He said he didn't even spend a quarter of that on this wedding. He also didn't give his friends his black Amex card. Richard said people assumed that he had done that.

Howard said he likes Richard and he thinks he's an honorable guy. He said that he should hold on to his money though. Richard said he is. He's not spending it like they make it out to be in the articles about the wedding.
Howard asked Richard if he had a pre-nup planned. He said that he actually did have one set up. Artie asked if he signed a contract with the Nets or the Spurs. Richard said he was traded to the Spurs this summer so he's on the Spurs now.

Gary came in and told a story that Will told him about Richard. He said that Will went to Scores the night after a game and Richard was already down there partying shortly after the game was over. Richard said that his girlfriend was probably with him at the time.

Howard said he's sorry that things didn't work out for him and Keisha but he's glad he called it off when he didn't feel it was right. He said he did the right thing.

Howard told Richard to do him a favor and put the girl who's in the bed with him on the phone. Richard said he's actually all alone and this will take some time to get over. Howard said he understands but he thinks he'll be back to dating within a week. Richard said that he has to let things settle down a big first.

Robin said she would go out with him. Howard told Richard that she's a 34-G now. Richard said ''Wow!'' to that. Howard asked him how long he needs to recover from this. Richard said he needs a few months. Howard didn't think that he needed that much time.

Artie told Richard that it's a shame he didn't get married because that's the only shot he had at getting a ring. Richard said that was a funny one but he wasn't really laughing.

Howard asked Richard when he got laid for the first time. Richard said he thinks it was sometime during high school and he would leave it at that. He didn't want to say exactly when it was.

Howard asked Richard about college and if he got laid a lot there. Richard said his school was a lot of fun. Artie asked him how big of an asshole Stephan Marberry is. He wasn't bad mouthing anyone so they didn't get a lot out of him. Howard let him go a short time later.
Howard said he's the first one to say when a guy does something wrong but Richard didn't do anything wrong. He said he did the right thing calling that wedding off.

http://marksfriggin.com/news.htm#thu

jack0fspeed
07-16-2009, 02:22 PM
RJeff was engaged to a girl with a wooden leg, but he had to break it off.

Spurs Brazil
07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60607/20090716/jefferson_comes_clean_on_wedding/

Jefferson Comes Clean On Wedding
Jul 16, 2009 9:55 AM EST
Richard Jefferson spoke candidly with the New York Post after the newspaper reported that he broke off his scheduled wedding.

Jefferson informed his fiance, Kesha Ni'Cole Nichols, of his decision via email.

"There was a lot of stress and tension in the relationship. We've been through a lot -- but we just couldn't continue," said Jefferson, sounding upset during a telephone interview.

"I'm not trying to buy her off," said Jefferson of the six-figure settlement he gave her. "She has a lump sum to help her move on."

He added, "I've made my mistakes in this relationship, 100 percent. But at the end of the day, there were some people who were responsible for the demise of it."

He insisted a rumor he's gay had nothing to do with the breakup.

"I'm not gay," Jefferson said. "That couldn't be any further from the truth. I have nothing to hide."

Via New York Post

angelbelow
07-16-2009, 03:04 PM
That's what i thought.

lrcvsc
07-16-2009, 03:04 PM
San Antonio Spurs Player Richard Jefferson Calls In. 07/16/09. 8:25am

Howard came back and said that they might or might not have a call from Richard Jefferson. Howard said they talked about him yesterday but he's not sure if he's going to call in or not. Howard said he might back out on them like he backed out on his fiancee.

Howard said he's into talking to the guy but he's okay if he doesn't want to call in. Gary said he was trying to get a hold of the guy.

Howard said he read that this guy just broke up with her via e-mail but he also read that he had spoken to her on the phone for a couple of hours too.

Gary said they had Richard on the phone so Howard explained how he had called off his wedding at the last minute.

Howard told Richard he did the right thing. Howard said so many guys will go through with a wedding even though they know that they're marrying the wrong woman. Howard said they'll do it just because there's so much pressure and everything is planned out.

Richard said she's going to be 31 and he's 29 and kids would be very quick if they got married so he wasn't sure he wanted that. Richard said it didn't happen 2 hours before either. He said they're making a bigger story out of it by saying that. He said that they called it off at the beginning of the week and everyone who was invited knew about it by Wednesday.

Howard read that he had broken up with her via email but then read that he had spoken to her on the phone too so it wasn't as bad as they were making it seem. Richard said he sent her the email because he wanted to get all of his thoughts out in a row because it's tough when you're speaking on the phone.

Richard said his fiancee was a Nets dancer and she was a beautiful girl. Richard said that they all check the girls out when they're hanging around the games. He said that they were both living in New York at the time and they both had some problems with the relationship. They both made mistakes. Howard said that's understandable. He said that Richard is a famous basketball player who is traveling all the time.

Howard asked Richard about how long they were going out before he asked her to marry him. He said it was about 3 years. Then they called it off for a while and dated some other people and then started dating again. Richard said that they had broken up but got back together because they really did miss each other. Richard said they had broken up and gotten back together a bunch of times.

Howard said Richard gave her some money to take care of her since he called it off at the last minute. Howard said that was very nice and he didn't have to do that. Robin wondered when he knew it was time to call it off. Richard said that they had been arguing over the past month or so because of some stress after some family members had died. He said that they couldn't continue with that so they had to call it off.

Robin asked what they were arguing about. Artie asked if it was the face that she was dating Stephan Marberry on the side. Howard said ''Oh come on with that...''

Howard asked why guys are painted to be a villain when they call something like this off. Howard said they have to be honest with a person and call it off if you don't feel it's going to work. Howard said this guy did the right thing.

Richard said that the divorce rate is 50 percent and with professional athletes it's even worse. He said his parents have been married forever and he just didn't feel right going through with it feeling the way he did. He didn't want to have to get a divorce.

Howard said he read that Richard signed a great deal worth $68 million but he read that the wedding was going to cost him $2 million. Richard said that's just not true. Richard said it makes for a better story. He said he didn't even spend a quarter of that on this wedding. He also didn't give his friends his black Amex card. Richard said people assumed that he had done that.

Howard said he likes Richard and he thinks he's an honorable guy. He said that he should hold on to his money though. Richard said he is. He's not spending it like they make it out to be in the articles about the wedding.
Howard asked Richard if he had a pre-nup planned. He said that he actually did have one set up. Artie asked if he signed a contract with the Nets or the Spurs. Richard said he was traded to the Spurs this summer so he's on the Spurs now.

Gary came in and told a story that Will told him about Richard. He said that Will went to Scores the night after a game and Richard was already down there partying shortly after the game was over. Richard said that his girlfriend was probably with him at the time.

Howard said he's sorry that things didn't work out for him and Keisha but he's glad he called it off when he didn't feel it was right. He said he did the right thing.

Howard told Richard to do him a favor and put the girl who's in the bed with him on the phone. Richard said he's actually all alone and this will take some time to get over. Howard said he understands but he thinks he'll be back to dating within a week. Richard said that he has to let things settle down a big first.

Robin said she would go out with him. Howard told Richard that she's a 34-G now. Richard said ''Wow!'' to that. Howard asked him how long he needs to recover from this. Richard said he needs a few months. Howard didn't think that he needed that much time.

Artie told Richard that it's a shame he didn't get married because that's the only shot he had at getting a ring. Richard said that was a funny one but he wasn't really laughing.

Howard asked Richard when he got laid for the first time. Richard said he thinks it was sometime during high school and he would leave it at that. He didn't want to say exactly when it was.

Howard asked Richard about college and if he got laid a lot there. Richard said his school was a lot of fun. Artie asked him how big of an asshole Stephan Marberry is. He wasn't bad mouthing anyone so they didn't get a lot out of him. Howard let him go a short time later.
Howard said he's the first one to say when a guy does something wrong but Richard didn't do anything wrong. He said he did the right thing calling that wedding off.

http://marksfriggin.com/news.htm#thu

I heard this live this morning and it was Great! Now how will the Spurs brass feel about him being on the Stern Show?

Kori Ellis
07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
He said what everyone is hearing is all lies. He called off the wedding a week before, not 2hrs prior. He didnt give his boys an American Express Black card........he just payed for a dinner his EX fiance was at. He didnt pay her off, he gave her enough money to get her life back on track.........to get an apartment to live in, enough to allow her to find a job. Basically a couple of years worth of cash.....nothing more. He also didnt call off the wedding over an email. His EX fiance and him sat down and discussed the breakup.

First of all, in the thread in the Club yesterday, I already said this. The news that he broke up with his fiancee was here in the forum a week before his wedding. Secondly, the person who broke the news here heard it from RJ's good friend. So, believe me, he didn't leave the girl standing at the altar and his boys with his AMEX.

Anyway, this crap doesn't belong here. This isn't a gossip mag about the Spurs players. Keep it in the Club.

Thanks.