PDA

View Full Version : I can't stop this feelin...

Dex
07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
PJQVlVHsFF8

Alright, I know I'm like 10 years late on this, but seriously...

What. The. Hell? :lmao

Summers
07-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Even by Euro-pop standards 10 years ago, I'm pretty sure that was a shitty video. :lol

Still, I can see what Dirk sees in him.

Oh, God, I'm sorry, that was lame, but I had to beat everyone else to the punch!

sonic21
07-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Whoa those are some sick motorcycle skills!

is he trying to get a laugh or is he being serious?

Cry Havoc
07-16-2009, 10:38 AM
QH3JAp7vMuo

Summers
07-16-2009, 10:42 AM
QH3JAp7vMuo

Ah, man, this thread just went from laughing with him to laughing at him. :(

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Germany, 1989, the Berlin Wall falls . It was a tipping point in history. It was no less than a defining moment for at least three generations of Americans. For my grandparents, it was yet another triumph of freedom on a global scale. The had seen the Great Depression, the second World War, and all the turmoil that the 20th century could throw at them. It seemed the true realization of all the things their generation had fought and sacrified for when they were young.

For my baby boomer parents it was no less than the world tilting on its axis. From the day of their birth the spectre of the Soviet Union hung over them for every moment of their childhood. Duck and cover drills, the Cuban Missile Crisis, the McCarthy hearings. They were the first generation to grow up knowing the end of the world as they knew it might not be some sci-fi alien invasion scenario or The Rapture, but an event brought on by a global arms race born out of fear and distrust. But now that empire seemed ready to topple as people literally pounded away at the blocks of this symbol of the tyranny reigning over eastern Europe.

And for my siblings and I, even though we didn't realize it at the time, it was a moment where the greatest dreams of those two previous generations came to fruition. Their children may not have to live forever in the strange atmosphere of the Cold War. A true and lasting peace was not just a shining beacon on a hill, but a real thing within our reach. And if that could be then there seemed no limit to what we, the human race, could accomplish in the years to come. There was hope. It wasn't a buzzword or a punchline, but real, honest hope for the best in humanity emerging from the end of an era that had seen so much of the worst in humanity.

And for the Hoff, it meant this:
0zXiClnK8oE