PDA

View Full Version : graham harrell to the CFL

rjv
07-16-2009, 01:59 PM
really, isn't this where all tech qb's eventually wind up?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4332177

REGINA, Saskatchewan -- Graham Harrell (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=160425) is headed to the CFL.
The record-setting Texas Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/clubhouse?teamId=2641) quarterback signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders on Thursday.
Harrell is the NCAA Division I career leader in touchdown passes but wasn't drafted by the NFL. His workout with the Cleveland Browns (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=cle) did not result in a contract.
Harrell had to fight the perception that his numbers were the product of Texas Tech's offensive system and he didn't have the arm strength to succeed in the NFL.
The Roughriders are already two games into their season and have three quarterbacks on their roster. Their starter is former North Carolina quarterback Darian Durant, who had only four career CFL starts coming into the season.

samikeyp
07-16-2009, 02:24 PM
Hopefully he will get some run.

Phillip
07-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Hard to look good when you don't have a gimmick offense and Michael Crabtree making you look good.

scottspurs
07-16-2009, 05:43 PM
Note to young high school prospects. Don't go to Texas Tech. It may be good for your short term career, but not in the long run $$$$$$$. Instead go to the University of Texas where excellence is bred.

redraiderinfiji
07-16-2009, 05:59 PM
Note to young high school prospects. Don't go to Texas Tech. It may be good for your short term career, but not in the long run $$$$$$$. Instead go to the University of Texas where excellence is bred.

Lets see whats happening with ut qbs these days....

Chris simms...sucks a dick
Vince Young...riding the bench after an emotional breakdown

Yes, tu has produced a lot of good nfl players....but if you compare tu's latest output of qbs....they are not doing shit right now!

j-6
07-16-2009, 07:40 PM

Yes, tu has produced a lot of good nfl players....but if you compare tu's latest output of qbs....they are not doing shit right now!

In all fairness, what was the last Texas school QB to turn out worth a damn in the pros? Drew Brees doesn't count - he went to Purdue.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-16-2009, 07:44 PM
UT QB's don't make good pros, but they still get a payday or two. Which is more than Tech QB's can say.

TheProfessor
07-16-2009, 09:25 PM

They may not be doing shit, but they're in the NFL and Harrell's in Saskatchewan.

Blake
07-16-2009, 10:49 PM

yeah, life sucks right now for guys like Wes Welker, Michael Crabtree and the other guys that got drafted from Tech in the first few rounds this year.

you're an idiot.

Blake
07-16-2009, 10:51 PM
They may not be doing shit, but they're in the NFL and Harrell's in Saskatchewan.

Simms and Young were going to be in NFL no matter where they went to college. UT didn't "breed" any excellence out of them.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Colt ends up in Toronto next year though.

Blake
07-16-2009, 10:53 PM
In all fairness, what was the last Texas school QB to turn out worth a damn in the pros? Drew Brees doesn't count - he went to Purdue.

Billy Joe Tolliver

leemajors
07-17-2009, 09:12 AM
bucky richardson

Phillip
07-17-2009, 09:19 AM
LMAO harrell

Dr. Gonzo
07-17-2009, 09:52 AM
bucky richardson

Bucky Richardson was my favorite QB growing up.

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 10:47 AM

Let's see..did he say QBs? No..he said young high school prospects...let's compare Tecka Tech's NFL players with THE University of Texas' NFL players...and even at QB, we STILL are better...no sense in arguing.

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 10:49 AM
Simms and Young were going to be in NFL no matter where they went to college. UT didn't "breed" any excellence out of them.

lmao...the hate shines through..

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57219&draftyear=2010&genpos=QB

Rated #1 in QBs in the 2010 draft...yeah..I'm sure that he'll end up undrafted...what an idiot. Jealousy looks bad on you...must kill you to see that Harrell, who beat Texas (albeit onl because of Crabtree), won't step foot on an NFL field, while Colt, the obviously better QB is the top rated QB for next year's draft...lol

mookie2001
07-17-2009, 10:53 AM
i cant really understand why anyone cares if their qbs have pro success, it sounds nice i wish colt the best, but fuck him he could be a protestant evangelist for all i care in 2010

youve got michigan, usc, purdue, who else?, that have put more than one notable qb in the pros recently

harrell sucks but he was the best tech qb i ever saw

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 11:01 AM
i cant really understand why anyone cares if their qbs have pro success, it sounds nice i wish colt the best, but fuck him he could be a protestant evangelist for all i care in 2010

youve got michigan, usc, purdue, who else?, that have put more than one notable qb in the pros recently

I don't know man..Kingsbury was good...he was a cocky SOB and an asshole (I live in New Braunfels, where he went to HS), but he was damn good. And about not caring, I don't know...I always root for my Longhorn QBs...I still hope Vince gets his demons in order and comes back to tear shit up in the NFL...I know he can..I mean, the guy was the most accurate QB in the NCAA his final season...and no one was faster...

mookie2001
07-17-2009, 11:14 AM
kingbury could chuck the ball 70 yards but harrell was accurate as shit, i never saw that guy not throw a tight spiral, i think he was similar to colt in a lot of ways

i dont have a pro team and i follow the nfl, watch it but i could care less

edell shepard dropped a TD pass in 2006 i think that wouldve won the game for the bucs v the redskins in the playoffs, i was pissed off, sims threw a perfect ball and he bounced of his hands, sims had a shitty game but he could won his first playoff start regardless

its funny that sims has a disease or some rare condition that affects his hand eye coordination, motor skills and concentration, really.

vinces rookie year, i was watching titans games because they all came on in austin, i was rooting for him, but vince young and sims have nothing to do with college football and besides colt they are the two best UT qbs ever, statistically

its different with DBs and Olineman because youre recruiting so many and pro guys can help you recruit those blue chippers. college qb recruiting is so different, you need one hit every 2 or 3 years

DMX7
07-17-2009, 11:43 AM

I'm not surprised you'd say something that stupid.

j-6
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm kinda with Mookie - I tend to adopt the NFL team if the town I am living in at the time has a team (Denver, Charlotte, Houston, Chicago, and Dallas) but that's more just to have an excuse to watch football on Sunday. I can probably tell you what team an ex-Longhorn plays for and if they are worth a shit or not as a pro but that's about it.

I initially kept up with VY in the pros because he led my school to the first title in my lifetime and was the best college player I've ever seen live, but even he's nearing the end of my give-a-shit-ometer. Thanks for 05, glad you got paid.

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm not surprised you'd say something that stupid.
He never ceases to amaze me..though I probably should be used to it by now...Must be hard to be a homer of Tecka Tech.

redraiderinfiji
07-18-2009, 01:15 AM
I don't know man..Kingsbury was good...he was a cocky SOB and an asshole (I live in New Braunfels, where he went to HS), but he was damn good. And about not caring, I don't know...I always root for my Longhorn QBs...I still hope Vince gets his demons in order and comes back to tear shit up in the NFL...I know he can..I mean, the guy was the most accurate QB in the NCAA his final season...and no one was faster...

I sense jealousy......guess you were riding the bench, if you even played sports at all in high school

redraiderinfiji
07-18-2009, 01:20 AM
tech had more heisman trophy candidates in the last decade than any big 12 team hands down....harrell was one of them

kingsbury
symons
cumbie
harrell
crabtree
and I sure I missing another here somewhere

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Correct me if I am wrong, but Harrell was not nominated for the Heisman and did not get an invite to the ceremony....so....

redraiderinfiji
07-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Correct me if I am wrong, but Harrell was not nominated for the Heisman and did not get an invite to the ceremony....so....

Crabtree and Harrell were in the top 4 on the official Heisman voting!

Harrell finished 4th

redraiderinfiji
07-18-2009, 05:24 PM
every notre dame player is technically a candidate for the heisman every year

Notre Dame hasn't done shit for years....nothing will change this coming year

Weis will be gone...

Blake
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
lmao...the hate shines through..

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57219&draftyear=2010&genpos=QB

Rated #1 in QBs in the 2010 draft...yeah..I'm sure that he'll end up undrafted...what an idiot. Jealousy looks bad on you...must kill you to see that Harrell, who beat Texas (albeit onl because of Crabtree), won't step foot on an NFL field, while Colt, the obviously better QB is the top rated QB for next year's draft...lol

lmao.....the ball sucking shines through.

I think Colt gets drafted in the 4th maybe 5th round at best, but as I said earlier "I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see him in Toronto next year."

His arm strength will have to get better very quickly and i don't see it happening. I seriously doubt we see Colt playing on Sundays.

I'll bet anyone that Jevan Snead gets drafted ahead of Colt.

Blake
07-18-2009, 06:33 PM

I was half kidding, half not about Billy Joe.

Harrell was the most productive QB Tech ever had, Tolliver was the most talented QB Tech ever had.

The guy threw a 400 yard gem in the days of 3 yards and a cloud of dust and was drafted in the 2nd round in '89.

Blake
07-18-2009, 06:41 PM

:lol

Kingsbury was spaghetti armed. He might be 5th on the best Tech QB list.

Blake
07-18-2009, 06:43 PM
kingbury could chuck the ball 70 yards

bwahahahaa

good one.

Blake
07-18-2009, 06:45 PM
He never ceases to own me..though I probably should be used to it by now...

probably

DMX7
07-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Notre Dame hasn't done shit for years....nothing will change this coming year

Weis will be gone...

I think the point he's trying making is that a school's rep has a lot to do with whether or not a player is even seriously considered.

Spursfan092120
07-19-2009, 11:36 AM
lmao.....the ball sucking shines through.

I think Colt gets drafted in the 4th maybe 5th round at best, but as I said earlier "I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see him in Toronto next year."

His arm strength will have to get better very quickly and i don't see it happening. I seriously doubt we see Colt playing on Sundays.

I'll bet anyone that Jevan Snead gets drafted ahead of Colt.
Good god you're an idiot, Blake...ball sucking? Does that even make sense? Colt McCoy has broken so many records in a good system like UT's, and you don't think he'll be drafted till the 4th round? You're a sick hater, man..seriously...very sick. He's the best QB in the NCAA, and you think he's just all of a sudden going to not make it in the NFL? This isn't Texas Tech, dude..our players are actually pretty successful in the NFL...Colt is more of a pro style QB than Vince, and he started...may not have done too well yet, but he played on Sundays..you're saying you don't even think the best NCAA QB is going to play on Sundays..that's ignorant.

Phillip
07-19-2009, 12:26 PM
if McCoy has another good year, he will definitely be taken in the first 2 rounds.

Spursfan092120
07-19-2009, 02:52 PM
if McCoy has another good year, he will definitely be taken in the first 2 rounds.
First round...definitely...Blake has no idea what he's talking about.

Blake
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Good god you're an idiot, Blake...ball sucking? Does that even make sense?

you suck on Colt's balls. Do you need someone to draw you a picture?

Colt McCoy has broken so many records in a good system like UT's, and you don't think he'll be drafted till the 4th round? You're a sick hater, man..seriously...very sick. He's the best QB in the NCAA, and you think he's just all of a sudden going to not make it in the NFL? This isn't Texas Tech, dude..our players are actually pretty successful in the NFL...Colt is more of a pro style QB than Vince, and he started...may not have done too well yet, but he played on Sundays..you're saying you don't even think the best NCAA QB is going to play on Sundays..that's ignorant.

you might be the UT homer Colt ball sucker of the year.

Blake
07-19-2009, 03:57 PM

Chrissy Simms had more pro potential and was 3rd round.

Colt has mediocre arm strength and is a system QB. He goes 4th at best.

mookie2001
07-19-2009, 04:30 PM
this isnt the nfl draft forum

nobody gives a shit besides people who like to argue with sand aggys over shit that doesnt matter

j-6
07-19-2009, 06:04 PM

nobody gives a shit besides people who like to argue with sand aggys over shit that doesnt matter

What's funny is that Leach will find some other 3A 6'1" white guy to throw for 5,000 yards next season, Tech'll win 8-9 games, and we'll all forget about Harrell.

Holmes_Fans
07-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Colt McCoy sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRU9r3teCNg&fmt=

Holmes_Fans
07-19-2009, 07:29 PM
tech had more heisman trophy candidates in the last decade than any big 12 team hands down....harrell was one of them

kingsbury
symons
cumbie
harrell
crabtree
and I sure I missing another here somewhere
Every player in the NCAA is a candidate.

How many of those players were actually invited to the ceremony? I know Crabtree and Harrell weren't

J.T.
07-19-2009, 07:50 PM
Good god you're an idiot, Blake...ball sucking? Does that even make sense?

Do you have vaginas for armpits because it smells an awful lot like pussy in here.

Spursfan092120
07-19-2009, 11:36 PM
Colt McCoy sucks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRU9r3teCNg&fmt=
and he's weak too...

AvhVXk7IZEc

Spursfan092120
07-19-2009, 11:42 PM
you suck on Colt's balls. Do you need someone to draw you a picture?

you might be the UT homer Colt ball sucker of the year.
Dude...homer? I stated facts...he's the most accurate passer in the NCAA..look at the numbers...it's not hard to see..He broke the completion percentage record last year by over 3%...how does that make me a homer when all I do is state the facts? Maybe you need to brush up on your knowledge before you open your mouth.

Blake
07-20-2009, 06:51 PM

two shits in one sentence? :lol

"graham harrell to the cfl" belongs less in this college forum than talking about where a player currently in college might end up in the 2010 draft.

just use your magic powers to move this thread to the nfl forum then if nobody gives a shit over shit.

Blake
07-20-2009, 06:55 PM
and he's weak too...

AvhVXk7IZEc

bwahaha.

clips like that are exactly why he won't be a starting QB on Sundays. against Rice a guy like Colt can do that.

In the NFL, he'd get knocked silly in the backfield after taking too much time to throw it.

Blake
07-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Dude...homer? I stated facts...he's the most accurate passer in the NCAA..look at the numbers...it's not hard to see..He broke the completion percentage record last year by over 3%...how does that make me a homer when all I do is state the facts? Maybe you need to brush up on your knowledge before you open your mouth.

you are a burnt orange goggle wearing homer.

Harrell broke all sorts of records and barely got a whiff in a Cleveland Brown training camp after not getting drafted at all.

brush up on your knowledge of how spaghetti armed spread offense QBs do in the NFL before you open your mouth, moron.

J.T.
07-20-2009, 11:32 PM

You are pretty homerish brah. Just saying. From a neutral perspective.

DMX7
07-20-2009, 11:39 PM
Harrell broke all sorts of records and barely got a whiff in a Cleveland Brown training camp after not getting drafted at all.

Because he's a product of the system, that's why.

...and don't even try to compare Texas with Texas Tech. Has Tech even played in a BCS bowl game?

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 01:38 AM
you are a burnt orange goggle wearing homer.

brush up on your knowledge of how spaghetti armed spread offense QBs do in the NFL before you open your mouth, moron.
System QB dude...system QB. That's the difference between UT and Tecka Tech...our players are actually pretty talented at the QB position. You bash Vince and Simms? They've done better than any Tech QB has done. Colt McCoy is the number one ranked QB going into the 2010 NFL draft..if you think he's not going to be playing, you're out of your mind.

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 01:41 AM
You are pretty homerish brah. Just saying. From a neutral perspective.
Don't understand that at all..the guy said he didn't think Colt would play in the NFL..that's ignorant..the guy is the top ranked QB going into the 2010 draft...then he called me a homer for saying Colt was the most accurate QB in the NCAA...it's a fact..he broke the accuracy record last year...fact is...I'm not a homer...he's a hater.

J.T.
07-21-2009, 02:49 AM
Don't understand that at all..the guy said he didn't think Colt would play in the NFL..that's ignorant..the guy is the top ranked QB going into the 2010 draft...then he called me a homer for saying Colt was the most accurate QB in the NCAA...it's a fact..he broke the accuracy record last year...fact is...I'm not a homer...he's a hater.

I doubt McCoy is ranked higher than Bradford in any mock draft right now. After this season if Colt wins another BCS Bowl while Chief Cock In Mouth and the rest of the Sooners choke their own BCS game then yes, I'd agree with you. But Bradford would've gone #1 overall this year if he declared. McCoy sought out his own draft stock and I have to assume he didn't like what he heard since he's still playing in the NCAA.

mookie2001
07-21-2009, 03:26 PM
every texas player is advised to have an nfl evaluation, henry melton, aaron ross, deon beasley all tested the waters as underclassman despite not even being regular starters at their positions

and bradford wouldve gone high, but which qbs have ever left after their sophmore year? none

there are some who should have because they got steadily worse as upper classman like rex grossman and brad smith but no soph qb goes pro, everyone knows that

i think sand aggys trying to say texas qbs have had as much success as tech qbs despite texas guys (who suck admittedly) winning ROY and starting playoff games in recent years

again i dont give a shit, do yall think alabama fan makes a show stopping argument against the gators by scoffing chris leak for selling real estate?, nobody gives a shit if you win, its even sweeter

j-6
07-21-2009, 04:18 PM
every texas player is advised to have an nfl evaluation, henry melton, aaron ross, deon beasley all tested the waters as underclassman despite not even being regular starters at their positions

and bradford wouldve gone high, but which qbs have ever left after their sophmore year? none

there are some who should have because they got steadily worse as upper classman like rex grossman and brad smith but no soph qb goes pro, everyone knows that

i think sand aggys trying to say texas qbs have had as much success as tech qbs despite texas guys (who suck admittedly) winning ROY and starting playoff games in recent years

again i dont give a shit, do yall think alabama fan makes a show stopping argument against the gators by scoffing chris leak for selling real estate?, nobody gives a shit if you win, its even sweeter

Vick went first overall as a sophomore, but that's the only QB I can think of that left that early.

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 04:24 PM
I doubt McCoy is ranked higher than Bradford in any mock draft right now. After this season if Colt wins another BCS Bowl while Chief Cock In Mouth and the rest of the Sooners choke their own BCS game then yes, I'd agree with you. But Bradford would've gone #1 overall this year if he declared. McCoy sought out his own draft stock and I have to assume he didn't like what he heard since he's still playing in the NCAA.
Draft Scout

But even past that...the dude is obviously just hating...to say that a QB like McCoy wouldn't even play in the NFL is just ignorant, and shows no knowledge of the sport.

J.T.
07-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Draft Scout

But even past that...the dude is obviously just hating...to say that a QB like McCoy wouldn't even play in the NFL is just ignorant, and shows no knowledge of the sport.

A lot of people have been saying McCoy won't play in the NFL. In fact, until he bulked up last offseason and had that record breaking year, I was saying the same. Dude has obviously worked hard and deserves any rep he gets for it, I'm not trying to play that down at all. But unless Colt can prove Jesus loves him more than Tebow this season, I don't see him going #1 overall... and to be fair to Colt he really doesn't need to be playing for the fucking Rams.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 09:21 PM
and to be fair to Colt he really doesn't need to be playing for the fucking Rams.
I will agree with that..