PDA

View Full Version : Question for the brain to ponder...

Erick_CSF
07-16-2009, 02:54 PM
So first off let me say in no way do i wish this or think it will be a future plan or in anyway am i trying to start a rumor. I absolutely know this won't and will never happen.

This threads purpose is only to make you guys step back and think about it for a while and make an honest opinion if this were to ever happen.

With us being Spurs and Timmy D fans, and I'm just assuming that most of us are laker haters. If Tim Duncan at this point in his career decided to become a Laker, what would your stance be? some examples...would you become a laker fan and follow Timmy wherever he goes? Would you now hate Timmy after all he did for SA and consider him a traitor? Would you respect him yet still be a spurs fan? Even if his leaving meant the spurs would go into a huge rebuilding and take quite a few years to be contenders again.

Again just a question for one to ponder because i know most of us wouldn't see this happening and never before have asked ourselves this. I personally would respect what he did for us, but part of me would despise him cause he went to the enemy. I would not be able to root for him at all anymore. I am not sure if i could boo him when he came to SA though..

tough question.......

jag
07-16-2009, 02:57 PM
I refuse to ponder such a thing.

Ocotillo
07-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Spurs fan all the way. thankfully we won't have to make this choice.

I'd wish him the best personally because he is a class and good guy but I root for the Spurs.

Muser
07-16-2009, 02:59 PM
That's like blasphemy in this forum, prepare to get raped.

For one he wouldn't leave SA.

Although I would still respect him, he's brought the Spurs 4 titles.

Wombatzu
07-16-2009, 03:01 PM
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2451/pinkyandthebrain1.gif (http://img13.imageshack.us/i/pinkyandthebrain1.gif/)

all_heart
07-16-2009, 03:03 PM
C'mon.. this is a thread?!! Geez what next?
What thread is next... If Timmy choked Manu.. whose side would you be on?!!

Erick_CSF
07-16-2009, 03:04 PM
i am prepared for a rapping, but its just a question i know makes us all uncomfortable. Just would like to see everyones thoughts.

dbestpro
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Why don't you just trade Tim for Kobe and piss everybody off.

mytespurs
07-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Well, first of all, I'm not a Laker fan but I'm not a Laker hater.

Second, I wouldn't become a Laker fan just because Timmy was there though I'll always be a Timmy fan.

But I don't see that happening unless the Spurs are ready to retire Tim but Tim himself is not ready to retire.

But I don't even see this scenario happening so.....

duncan228
07-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Sorry, can't get my brain to ponder it.

TIMMYD!
07-16-2009, 03:11 PM
My brain just exploded.

Brazil
07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
I'll hope Tim continue to compil huge numbers while seeing the lakers loose.

Libri
07-16-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/y/312843202344.jpg

Drom John
07-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Can't happen!
Just like Smoltz to the Red Sox;
Favre to the Jets;
Howe to the Aeros.

Those are generics.
Specifically personal for me was Killebrew to the Royals.
It was numbing.

OTOH, Duncan to Lakers, no way.
Duncan to Florida (Heat/Magic) ... plausible ... and numbing.

slick'81
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
lol fuck the lakers!! i dont think i can even fathom timmy in purple and gold

some how i fell sa got real lucky with daivd and tim, both selfless great players who arent about the hype and spotlight.Both will retire spurs book it!!:flag::lobt:

Stringer_Bell
07-16-2009, 03:37 PM
No wai.

Timmy plays for San Antonio, not just the Spurs, but the actual city. He's our guy, and we're his city. Like the original poster said, can't see this happening at all but if it did it doesn't change the fact that Timmy is one of the greatest players ever. It just means he's getting booed off the foul line anytime he's in town :p

Other athletes leave their teams, but Timmy is a part SA life in a way that few athletes in any sport become. Favre is just an idiot.

anakha
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Just to play devil's advocate...

How close was Duncan to leaving the Spurs in 2000?

duncan228
07-16-2009, 03:48 PM
Just to play devil's advocate...

How close was Duncan to leaving the Spurs in 2000?

I think he considered it pretty carefully. I don't blame him, it was his first opportunity to see what was out there.

In the end there were a few things that he said made the decision easier:

* Robinson's talk with him

* The fact that he was comfortable in San Antonio, and that they'd already won one, I think he used the word 'culture' of the Spurs

* His relationship with, and trust in, Pop

* Orlando's restriction on family not being able to travel with the team, it surprised Duncan after the family atmosphere of the Spurs

I've got quotes from Duncan about it if anyone wants them.

MoSpur
07-16-2009, 04:01 PM
If he were traded and it was out of his control, I'd root for Timmy if the Spurs were out of the championship picture. If he pushed be traded there or chose to go there via free agency on his own, I'd would not root for him at all. I'd boo him.

Thank God that isn't happening because the thought of booing Timmy hurts.

samikeyp
07-16-2009, 04:05 PM
For some of us, its about the name on the front of the jersey, not the one on the back. If Duncan left for a different team, something I highly doubt, I would wish him well and hope he doesn't get injured but I would not root for him.

Erick_CSF
07-16-2009, 08:11 PM
wow..great responses. I apologize if this brought the dark side of any of you out. I agree with mospur. Sorry i don't know how to copy what you wrote yet.

If timmy were traded and pushed out by the spurs i would root for him and him only.
... But if he chose to leave on his own.......i guess id thank him and respect him for brining this town some glory for so long......then find a voodoo lady and have her make his shooting % go so far down he would retire midseason with lakers causing them to rebuild as well.....

duncan228
07-16-2009, 08:17 PM
...i don't know how to copy what you wrote yet.

Welcome to the board.

SpursTalk's 'How-to' tutorials can help. They cover embedding youtube, embedding images, and quoting.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99116

bigdog
07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Ban.

This will never, ever happen.

SonOfAGun
07-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Lose all respect.

Guys like Duncan are the only good thing left in sports. :depressed

OrEmuN
07-16-2009, 08:40 PM
No no no... not gonna happen. I cannot imagine this situation. I guess if it does happen, I will be in self-denial mode for a long time

Andy25
07-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I would cry and ponder the meaning of life.

Spursmania
07-16-2009, 10:12 PM
:smchode:

ElNono
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
http://www.simpsonstrivia.com.ar/simpsons-photos/wallpapers/homer-simpson-wallpaper-brain-1024.jpg

Ace9
07-16-2009, 10:15 PM
It would be like Brett Favre leaving the Packers. There's still a hole in my heart and now Brett is like a purple villain; I have lost ALL RESPECT that I previously had.