PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum

Leetonidas
07-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Is he or is he not the most overrated soft piece of shit in recent history? I'm gonna go with yes. It's hilarious how Laker fan speaks of him as if he is the second coming of Wilt. The dude hasn't proved shit, and it's getting really tiresome hearing "oh Lakers are unstoppable with Ron/Kobe/Pau/Bynum."

While I agree that the first three players make an excellent trio, fuck Andrew Bynum. Dude is nothing but a scrub and will never amount to more than a Kwame Brown.

And just for laughs, I remember timvp saying how he had a MySpace before he was drafted and his status was bisexual. :lmao

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

But yeah, Bynum blows.

djohn2oo8
07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
It doesn't help that he sometimes looks disinterested in the game

NBAfan83
07-16-2009, 03:11 PM
well that's just pure hate there.

bynum is tbh is far from a scrub, BUT he really really is not a role player either, I can't imagine the words missing piece and bynum in the same sentence.

Having said that, bynum has showed great offensive moves, and has a nice soft touch, but problem with him is mentality. His mind is as soft as pudding, i'm sure whenever he is being chewed up by phil or kobe he curls up into a little ball and becomes useless on both ends.

Plus i don't know if people notice this, when bynum doesn't get touches, his defence suffers.

kwamay_brown54
07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Cmon now, I can start a thread and throw Matt Bonner way under the bus as well, show some respect plz.

ElNono
07-16-2009, 03:16 PM
It doesn't help that he sometimes looks disinterested in the game

He cashed in. What's your excuse? :lol

FkLA
07-16-2009, 03:16 PM
Cmon now, I can start a thread and throw Matt Bonner way under the bus as well, show some respect plz.

I dont think any of us have ever labeled Bonner as the next coming of Wilt, KAJ, or anything like that though.

In all fairness though, Bynum has the talent and physique to be a beast in the league...Im just not sure about his mentality. He seems like a little bitch mentally.

NBAfan83
07-16-2009, 03:20 PM
i think what differs bynum from other potential great centers is mentality and that goes a long way.

Mentality is what seperates the Kobes from the Vince Carters, although both are talented, it's Kobe's drive and mentality to win which makes him a step over carter.

I think bynum will be similar in the sense that he will be a formidable force, but never be great, kinda like brand. And i'm sure for most laker fans that is more than enough.

TheMACHINE
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
bynum isnt the next Wilt or KAJ.....get real! Next Duncan is more like it.

da_suns_fan
07-16-2009, 03:21 PM
He's just young.

La Peace
07-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Your logic compels me

Muser
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Shush, he has better fundamentals than Tim Duncan, he's gonna average a quad double this season.

kwamay_brown54
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM
Spurs fans need to stop obsessing over laker role players, and worry more about their own team. No real laker fan expects or wants anything more out of bynum than 10 points and 10 rebounds. If he gave us that effort every night, that is good enough.

TheMACHINE
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Kwame is right for once...worry about getting a couple of wins in the first round.

ElNono
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
He's going to be great.... in his next contract year...

DBMethos
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
He's a bit overhyped, but you can't deny that he's big, he's young, and he's got some skills. If the Spurs had gotten him instead, we'd be all over his nuts.

sonic21
Is he or is he not the most overrated soft piece of shit in recent history? I'm gonna go with yes. It's hilarious how Laker fan speaks of him as if he is the second coming of Wilt. The dude hasn't proved shit, and it's getting really tiresome hearing "oh Lakers are unstoppable with Ron/Kobe/Pau/Bynum."

While I agree that the first three players make an excellent trio, fuck Andrew Bynum. Dude is nothing but a scrub and will never amount to more than a Kwame Brown.

And just for laughs, I remember timvp saying how he had a MySpace before he was drafted and his status was bisexual. :lmao

But yeah, Bynum blows.

Lies, Bynum is the next coming of Kareem

The Gemini Method
Maybe I missed something, but I have never assumed that Bynum would be the next coming of Wilt...

He is, however, not to be labeled a bust just quite yet. If he were to average 12 and 10 next year--I'll be happy. If he gives more and lives up to the potential, then that would be even better. Don't get it twisted in regards to comparing the two...

Although, at least Bynum can say he's almost reached the title amount of the late great Wilt...;)

Ghazi
07-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Bynum was pretty damn good in the regular season. I'm not sure what happened in the playoffs, especially since he looked like he got some rhythm back in the final regular season games.

He was playing like a top 5 center earlier in the year, and very well may be a top 5 center next year. Maybe not the next Wilt (ofc not), but he ain't no scrub!

FireDavidStern
07-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Bynum has alot of potential but there are those who confuse his huge came against the Clippers as a sign that he can be a star.

UrAphag
07-16-2009, 04:00 PM
Its a good thing we dont need him to stomp the shit of the Spurs.
This.

We only need that soft piece of crap to get some rebounds and play defense.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-16-2009, 04:14 PM
I look at guys like Oden and Yao and worry more about Bynum's knees than I do his heart. He's got the goods to be a terrific player if he can stay healthy.. Just about any player is going to look passive when he's sharing the court with Kobe and Gasol. It's tough to justify getting aggressive with the ball when you've got two teammates out there that are so offensively gifted.

He's overpaid by a long shot, but that doesn't make him soft.

nkdlunch
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
dude is lazy and got no heart it seems

Killakobe81
07-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Why a thread to post hate on a young role palyer? If your assessment is correct be glad your team is not the one paying him..If he pans out then he is just "earning his contract"
I say next year double double if he plays significant mins. his ceiling is probably a noptch below Duncan but at worst he will still be better than Kwame Brown, Oberto, Okur, Bogut, Oden etc.
At center it doesnt take much in fact if Duncan were to admit to being a center he is first team ALL nba right now ...when healthy even over Dwight ...

VivaPopovich
07-16-2009, 04:28 PM
yeah he is overrated. sad that the lakers paid bynum the type of money odom is asking for but odom is the one closing out games

bynum isnt even as good as jerome james in his prime, and look at how that story ended

Leetonidas
07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm just trying to make conversation. I'm bored.

DPG21920
07-16-2009, 04:33 PM
He was absolutely beasting during the year. 2 years in a row he was on fire and got injured. If he can stay healthy, he will be worth his money. The health is the main question and his heart.

Mr. Body
07-16-2009, 04:47 PM
He'll rip up some regular season games and everyone will be saying he's worth twice as much as he's already making and then he'll disappear when it matters.

kwamay_brown54
07-16-2009, 04:53 PM
It's understandable why many fans of other teams, throw insults and slanders against Bynum. The reality is sure he is being overpaid right now, but the Lakers ultimately made an investment for the future on him. Right now they want him to focus on defense and rebounding like Perkins does for the C's. The thing with Bynum though, is he needs to convince himself that his defense is what will keep him on the court not the offense. Once he learns that, then he can truly dominate.

Mr. Body
07-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Paying a player in hopes he lives up to his contract is stupid.

He doesn't have the mentality to be great.

cobbler
07-16-2009, 05:04 PM

But yeah, Bynum blows.

Most the Laker fans I have talked to and seen posts from simply say we need Bynum to get his 15 and 10 and plug up the middle and that puts the Lakers over the top. It's only the insecure fans like you who read that to mean he's the 2nd coming of Wilt. When he has been healthy he's has done just that. Last year he averaged 14 and 8 in 28 mins played. That may not prove shit to a moron like you.... but to a lot it proves the kid has potential.

I'm sure the rough and tough Leetonidas could come off two major knee injuries and just jump right back in as if no games were lost but that just isn't the real world. Bynum is young and still learning. Both years it took him 20 games or so to get into the flow. That comes with both youth and the position he plays. When he did get into the rythm, eveyone saw the capabilities the kid has unless of course you're a pure hater. (see OP) Unfortunately both years he suffered the injuries. He is inconsistant at this point in his career. Most notably with the foul troubles that plagued him in the playoffs. Geeeeeez, never heard that about a 22 yr old center before.

Everything I hear about the kid says he is a hard worker and coachable. To say he doesn't have potential and will never amount to anything better than Kwame is nothing but pure ignorance. But isn't that already a given when looking at who's posting it?

wireonfire
07-16-2009, 05:22 PM
Don't think he is overrated. Go check his numbers before he got hurt in last two seasons. He averaged 30/14 in the last five games before he got injured this past season.

True. His heart may be in question, but not his ability.

kwamay_brown54
07-16-2009, 05:24 PM
Bynum just needs to read some books on the triangle offense. He is always looking for 1 on 1 postups, but the triangle is a read and react offense, so he needs to learn how to be involved in the offense without needing the ball. Again, the learning curve is steep, so only idiots think he should be ready for all of that. His focus should be trying to get good position on rebounds, boxing out, and setting screens.

lil_penny
07-16-2009, 05:27 PM
He's overpaid yes... but he has a bright future as long as he can stay healthy..

carrao45
07-16-2009, 05:53 PM
I think everyone knows he's not Wilt. But lets at least give him a full season before calling him useless.

Allanon
07-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Bynum averaged 14 points and 8 rebounds on 56% shooting and was paid like $3 million last season.

How is that a bad thing at all? :lol

weebo
07-16-2009, 06:31 PM
He is who he is. And right now he's a 8/6 career avg. player and injury prone to boot. He'll have a stretch of good games and then disappears in game, but of course he still has time to expand his game. As of right now, Bynum is nothing more than an Laker fan over hype.

TheSpursFNRule
07-16-2009, 06:34 PM
yeah that guy sucks.

carrao45
07-16-2009, 06:37 PM
He is who he is. And right now he's a 8/6 career avg. player and injury prone to boot. He'll have a stretch of good games and then disappears in game, but of course he still has time to expand his game. As of right now, Bynum is nothing more than an Laker fan over hype.

Dude look up his two knee injuries...his teammates fell on him both times. That hardly makes him injury prone

Allanon
07-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Of the top 10 scoring Centers, let's see who gave the most bang for the buck.

Bynum was the #8 scoring Center in the NBA and only cost $3 million last year. Let's look at the Top 10 list:

Al Jefferson , MIN 23.1 points per game
Dwight Howard , ORL 20.6
Ming Yao , HOU 19.7
Shaquille O'Neal , PHX 17.8
Mehmet Okur , UTA 17.0
Andrea Bargnani , TOR 15.47
Nene Hilario , DEN 14.6
Andrew Bynum, LAL 14.3
Jermaine O'Neal , MIA-TOR 13.3
Emeka Okufor, CHA 13.2

But when calculate in the salary and how much it costs each player to produce a point, Bynum was by far, the most cost-effective scoring Center in the NBA last year. :lol

Andrew Bynum, LAL 14.3 ppg - $3 million - $209,000 cost per point
Andrea Bargnani , TOR 15.47 - $6 million - $387K per point
Al Jefferson , MIN 23.1 - $12 million -$521K per point
Mehmet Okur , UTA 17.0 - $9 million - $529K per point
Nene Hilario , DEN 14.6 - $10 million - $584K per point
Dwight Howard , ORL 20.6 - $15 million - $728K per point
Emeka Okufor, CHA 13.2 - $10 million - $757K per point
Ming Yao , HOU 19.7 - $16 million - $812K per point
Shaquille O'Neal , PHX 17.8 - $20 million $1.12Million per point
Jermaine O'Neal , MIA-TOR 13.3 - $23 million - $1.7 Million per point

sandman
07-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Wait. Is Bynum a role player or the beast that will destroy Duncan? I wish the Laker fans posting here would make up their minds.

Allanon
07-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Wait. Is Bynum a role player or the beast that will destroy Duncan? I wish the Laker fans posting here would make up their minds.

Duncan and Bynum are from different eras....when you talk about big men in the Duncan era, that's guys like Shaq, Dirk, Saboner, Sheed, Divacs, etc.

Bynum and Dwight are the two best of the young generation Centers.

Killakobe81
07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
I have always posted nothing but respect about Duncan only negative ANYONE can say is that I said Hakeem was better in his prime ...but that is not a sure argument only IMHO ...I also have said many times Duncan is better than Shaq ...

ffadicted
07-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Good Player with some upside, 8 mil tops, 12 is overpaying him.

Killakobe81
07-16-2009, 06:57 PM

If Bynum could be 80% of Tim that would make him a 5 time all-star easy ...

weebo
07-16-2009, 07:01 PM
Dude look up his two knee injuries...his teammates fell on him both times. That hardly makes him injury prone

Was he injured when teammates fell of said knees? If he was, that makes him injury prone and hobbled. Works both ways bro, many laker fans here always talking trash about Duncan and Manu always being injured. It can't be any different only when it serves your needs.

weebo
07-16-2009, 07:03 PM

Bynum was the #8 scoring Center in the NBA and only cost $3 million last year. Let's look at the Top 10 list:

Dwight Howard , ORL 20.6
Ming Yao , HOU 19.7
Mehmet Okur , UTA 17.0
Nene Hilario , DEN 14.6
Andrew Bynum, LAL 14.3
Emeka Okufor, CHA 13.2

But when calculate in the salary and how much it costs each player to produce a point, Bynum was by far, the most cost-effective scoring Center in the NBA last year. :lol

That just goes to show you how weak the center position has become in the NBA.

j-money24
07-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Don't think he is overrated. Go check his numbers before he got hurt in last two seasons. He averaged 30/14 in the last five games before he got injured this past season.

True. His heart may be in question, but not his ability.

It was against the weakest teams, the game where he scored 42 points was against the clippers where they had a second round pick rookie starting in place of injured Camby and Kaman at that time.

And it was only three games.

Allanon
07-16-2009, 07:20 PM
That just goes to show you how weak the center position has become in the NBA.

Not really. Great Centers are very rare, it's always been like that.

You can probably count on your fingers the number of great Centers in the NBA's 50 years.

sonic21
07-16-2009, 07:31 PM
he has had glimpses and has shown stretches of potential... but other than that he is currently just an overpaid 7 footer...we'll see next year if he's worth his contract (if he's staying healthy).

Medvedenko
07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
He's going to be an all-star in this league. I have no question about it barring any major injuries. He has all of the tools.

Amaso
07-16-2009, 08:54 PM
He's only 21.

DenDen
07-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Dude is the biggest overrated pos in the leauge. Yes he put up impressive number in a couple game, only cause he have the luxury of playing on a talented laker team. Plain n simple, he's a product of Kobe. I can't wait till Kobe retire n hand bynum the key to the franchise, those are gonna sad days for the purple n pisst.

bostonguy
07-16-2009, 08:56 PM
In Bynums defense, this was really his first time truly experiencing the playoffs from start to finish. He has the tools to be a damn good player. It is too early to call him a bust.

YellowFever
07-17-2009, 12:07 AM
All I know is that the fucker better produce next year.
He's not making chump change anymore.

DoK hating on Nash will be nothing like the hate I'll have for Bynum if he has a similar year to the one he just had.

IronMexican
07-17-2009, 01:33 AM
He's Duncan with more explosion. Let him be. Whenever he dunks next year, get ready to hear a "pow!" That's him dunking.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 01:37 AM
He is Duncan, but with skill and leadership.

ambchang
07-17-2009, 10:01 AM

Dwight Howard , ORL 20.6
Ming Yao , HOU 19.7
Mehmet Okur , UTA 17.0
Nene Hilario , DEN 14.6
Andrew Bynum, LAL 14.3
Emeka Okufor, CHA 13.2

I too would prefer to have Bargnani over Dwight Howard, Al Jefferson, and Yao Ming.

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Andrew Bynum is as big as a bust to Oden, since after those few months he was good before he got hurt last year.

Muser
07-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Bust/injured whatever you wanna say he's always gonna have my respect for punking Shaq.

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhOk2QFWvbg

MI21
07-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Worst case scenario, he is a more explosive Tim Duncan.

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 12:33 PM
He's young and has seemingly limitless potential with his size and soft touch.

Sky is the limit for the kid if he can stay healthy. I like that he's working out with D12 right now, he needs to really fill out.

Spurs_210
07-17-2009, 12:40 PM

Sky is the limit for the kid if he can stay healthy. I like that he's working out with D12 right now, he needs to really fill out.
He has potential and has shown flashes of him being able to become a top center. Just IMO he is overpaid and overrated

JamStone
07-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Caught.

Description stolen from a 2000-01 Los Angeles Clippers team issued players guide profiling Michael Olowkandi.

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 12:51 PM
He has potential and has shown flashes of him being able to become a top center. Just IMO he is overpaid and overrated

Not overpaid if he stays healthy and keeps improving.

Big men like him simply don't grow on trees. He has the ability to be a true 2-way C, with a back to the basket game. An absolute rarity in today's NBA.

I have no qualms with the Lakers taking a chance on Bynum. The best way to win championships is through your big men.

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Caught.

Description stolen from a 2000-01 Los Angeles Clippers team issued players guide profiling Michael Olowkandi.

You've been very bitter and hateful these last couple of months. Everything alright with you?

HORNSWOGGLE
07-17-2009, 12:53 PM
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::fla g::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag: :flag::flag:

resistanze
07-17-2009, 12:59 PM

MF made me spit out my Fruitopia.

TheMACHINE
07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
You've been very bitter and hateful these last couple of months. Everything alright with you?

ive noticed it too

z0sa
07-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Bynum is 100% definitely overrated. Extremely, way too much. Like putting McDyess in the big 4 for the Spurs.

Anytime someone says "kobe/gasol/artest/bynum + whoever is a contender" for instance. Bynum is only a minor contributor at this point.

Allanon
07-24-2009, 03:33 PM

I don't understand this huge myth of Bynum being overpaid....how?

Bynum made $3 million last year and put up 14 points per game and around 8 rebounds and 2 blocks.

Dollar for dollar, Andrew Bynum was the "best value" Center in the NBA...if anything, he was way underpaid compared to other Centers.

He even made #3 in the Top Centers in the NBA on some list posted here a few weeks back. The 3rd Best Center in the NBA at only $3million...that's some serious value.

How can you be overpaid and over-rated putting up those stats at a $3 million salary?

If you think about it, Andrew Bynum and Dwight are probably the only 2 Centers that can dominate both on Offense and Defense.

As soon as Odom re-ups, it will be the Lakers Big 5 - Kobe/Pau/CandyMan/Bynumite/TruWarrier..probably the most stacked Lakers team ever.

Ironically, Bynum's best dunk was a posterization of Theo Ratliff :lol ... at 3:37.
9efsJwJxYEk

07-24-2009, 04:11 PM
i've said before that bynum doesn't really have to do anything until he starts getting paid. next year is the time he has to prove himself. if he just kind of plays the same, then he won't be worth the $12+ million and increasing salary. if he starts looking like a gasol replacement, then he will be earning his money. and to allanon's list, i'm sure the lakers would prefer dwight howard, jefferson, and even shaq over bynum.

Allanon
07-24-2009, 04:16 PM
and to allanon's list, i'm sure the lakers would prefer dwight howard, jefferson, and even shaq over bynum.

Dwight is the only Center I'd take over Bynum right now.

Overpaid defines Shaq's 17Points at $20 million. Bynum put up 3 points fewer than Shaq for $17 million cheaper. Shaq had a good year, but his chances of finding the fountain of youth a 2nd time is unlikely. Last year Shaq put up 17 points. But the two years before that, he averaged even less than Bynum... ~13 points. Shaq's going to be 38 by the time Playoffs roll around again.

Al Jefferson plays 0 defense, his opponent Center scores almost as much as he does...he has probably one of the worst point differentials for a Center (too lazy to look up the exact number but it's bad). Bynum has destroyed Al Jefferson in head to head.

Too many people oooh and ahhh at Al Jefferson's very impressive 23 ppg but fail to realize that Al gave 18 points back to the other Center.

Al Jefferson's total lack of defense (worse than Amare) was and is the biggest reason why his teams lost so much (Celtics and Wolves).

Muser
07-24-2009, 04:20 PM
Allanon don't you think Bynums dunk on Shaq was his best? Kids got my respect whatever he does for punking the big fag.

Allanon
07-24-2009, 04:21 PM
Allanon don't you think Bynums dunk on Shaq was his best? Kids got my respect whatever he does for punking the big fag.

You're right Muser, that retaliation dunk on Shaq actually was pretty awesome, :tu

SonOfAGun
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
He shows glimpses where he could dominate. He is already on a championship team; that is why he is hyped. If he were to be consistently dominate on an already dominate team, it would suck for everyone else.

Allanon
07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
I pretty much agree.

If Al Jefferson and Bynum switched places no one would know who Bynum way and Jefferson would be all over the world on posters and buildings.

If you did this, Bynum would be scoring 25+ points and Al Jefferson would only score 14.

Bynum gets <10 shots per game playing behind Kobe/Pau/Odom.

Al Jefferson gets most plays called for him and has the green light to shoot whenever he wants because he's the man. Bynum shooting percentage of 56% is a much higher percentage than Al.

Shoot, if Bynum got 20 shots per game and plays called for him, he'd be scoring 30 ponts per game. :lol

iggypop123
07-24-2009, 05:29 PM
all i know is when bynum and jefferson went at it bynum not only held his own but played him well

DPG21920
07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Allanon, it is much easier to shoot a better percentage when other teams are not keying in on stopping you and you have other threats to worry about.

Al's offense >>>Bynum's in any situation as of now.

tlongII
07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Bynum is excellent. He's the reason why the Lakers and Blazers are going to be rivals for many more years. Not as good as Oden, but still very good.

turiaf for president
07-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Bynum is excellent. He's the reason why the Lakers and Blazers are going to be rivals for many more years. Not as good as Oden, but still very good.

:lol

for tlong to say a laker is equal to a blazer is like saying the laker is better

HarlemHeat37
07-24-2009, 06:05 PM
Bynum has shown flashes of being great, and he's shown flashes of being average..there's no other way to put it..he's been injured while being average or below average, and his sample size of being great is too small..

There's really no way to judge him right now..

There's no argument at all about his hype though..if he wasn't on the Lakers, he wouldn't have any hype, there isn't any doubt about that..

tlongII
07-24-2009, 06:29 PM
Bynum has shown flashes of being great, and he's shown flashes of being average..there's no other way to put it..he's been injured while being average or below average, and his sample size of being great is too small..

There's really no way to judge him right now..

There's no argument at all about his hype though..if he wasn't on the Lakers, he wouldn't have any hype, there isn't any doubt about that..

I disagree. He's 7-1 and very skilled. He'd be hyped regardless of his location.

21_Blessings
07-24-2009, 06:52 PM
First, there is no way you can say that Bynum is better than Jefferson. Second, if Jefferson and Bynum switched places Jefferson would be the second best player on the Lakers. And third Bynum is not trusted by his own coach late in games, you can't say he is a top center in the NBA.

Bynum completely outplayed Jefferson the last few games they played. AB is 4 times the defender at age 21 than Jefferson is and will ever be. Give Bynum 35 min and 17 shots a game he would be putting up 20/10+ on the T-Wolves with ease.

DxB
07-24-2009, 08:31 PM
WTF is all this absolute bullshit about him being ANYWHERE NEAR as good as Duncan? haha this is an EXACT example proving that this thread is right! He's overrated as fuck for no reason!

Lets make it clear to the dumbass laker fans here... Bynum hasnt, nor will he ever, be in the same fucking conversation as TD.

sook
07-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Bynum completely outplayed Jefferson the last few games they played. AB is 4 times the defender at age 21 than Jefferson is and will ever be. Give Bynum 35 min and 17 shots a game he would be putting up 20/10+ on the T-Wolves with ease.
And Yao completely outplayed DHoward every matchup...whats your point?

Big Al is many times the player bynum can ever hope to be, but you're right his defense is of suspect.

Banzai
07-24-2009, 09:39 PM
damn..Bynum and Duncan playing side by side..that would be a sight to see.

Allanon
07-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Allanon, it is much easier to shoot a better percentage when other teams are not keying in on stopping you and you have other threats to worry about.

Al's offense >>>Bynum's in any situation as of now.

This has been brought up alot DPG. I dunno if it makes a difference to be honest.

When you're good, it doesn't matter as long as you're the main guy. Look at pretty much any of the best players on any team, they all get their points because plays are called for them, screens are set for them, etc.

Conversely, when players join other good players, their stats go down. Like KG, Pau Gasol, Shaq, etc. I think Bynum playing with Kobe/Pau/Odom actually lowers his points and rebounds since all of them can score and rebound. There ain't enough ball for Bynum to get more than 10 shots a game and their ain't enough rebounds when Kobe/Pau/Odom all shoot at a high percentage.

Players get their points even when the defense is keyed to stop them. Some of Kobe's best performances came off playing with Smush, Kwamay Brown and Luke Walton.

Allanon
07-25-2009, 12:23 AM

I believe this to be true.

Bynum's pwnage of Jefferson was well documented in the in-game threads here at ST a few months back.

satria
07-25-2009, 02:31 AM
To those that think Al Jefferson is better than Bynum, all I have to say is you guys know jack shit about bball.

I was fortunate enough to have watched the great centers of the 80's to now, saw Hakeem, Drob, Ewing, O'neal, Duncan develop from college and on. And for the past 2 seasons before Bynum's injures he had more offensive skills than all of them when they were 20 and 21 years of age. They might have the edge on Bynum athletically, but at the same time besides Shaq, they weren't as big as Bynum. Roll back the tapes before Bynum's injures, and his quickness and jumping ability matches those greats. Bynum has one of the softest touches ever at his height and weight and he's only 21.

Alot of you guys are comparing Bynum to players who has been in the league longer and those who have already reached their primes, and even at that Bynum has outplayed most of them head to head. Go back to Duncan when he was 21, I bet there will be more people wanting Bynum over Duncan on their teams. There are only a handful of legit 7 feet+ 280+ big men in the league ever with the talent of Bynum.

Bynum has only played organized ball for a few years and is still growing into his body. Player like DHoward has been in organized ball since childhood and has probably tapped his max athletic ability, but Bynum hasn't developed fully physically yet and his game is already better than Dhowards on the offensive end. Defensively with more experience and conditioning Bynum has a chance to be dominating and offensively sky is the limit for him.

Go do a search on realgm and the respective teams fan forums after they have watched Bynum destroy their big men, before his injury and before the Gasol trade( meant Bynum got more touches).

Toronto fans would of given up Bosh + for Bynum but thought they had no chance.

Bucks' fans wished they had drafted Bynum over Bogut.

Pacers fans were laughing at their own gm for wanting Bynum for O'neil.

Suns brought in Shaq after Bynum destroyed Stoudamire, because they had no shot of stopping Bynum.

The list goes on and on, if not for the Gasol trade and for the injuries, you guys would be wishing him on your favorite teams. For god's sakes he is only 21 and still growing in every facet of his game and in height. Athletically he's getting more explosive and quicker but it's the freaking injuries that's slowing him down.

THERE'S A REASON WHY THE LAKER'S FRONT OFFICE CHOSE TO EXPLORE TRADING kOBE OVER TRADING BYNUM 2 YEARS AGO. ALL YOU BYNUM HATERS MUST OF BECAME BBALL FANS RIGHT BEFORE THE FINALS OR SOMETHING(Bynum wasn't healthy for the finals and the fucking calls were horrendous against him).

Ghazi
07-25-2009, 03:11 AM
This has been brought up alot DPG. I dunno if it makes a difference to be honest.

When you're good, it doesn't matter as long as you're the main guy. Look at pretty much any of the best players on any team, they all get their points because plays are called for them, screens are set for them, etc.

Conversely, when players join other good players, their stats go down. Like KG, Pau Gasol, Shaq, etc. I think Bynum playing with Kobe/Pau/Odom actually lowers his points and rebounds since all of them can score and rebound. There ain't enough ball for Bynum to get more than 10 shots a game and their ain't enough rebounds when Kobe/Pau/Odom all shoot at a high percentage.

Players get their points even when the defense is keyed to stop them. Some of Kobe's best performances came off playing with Smush, Kwamay Brown and Luke Walton.

Flawed from an efficiency standpoint. Pau's FG% skyrocketed going to LA and KG's likewise when he went to Boston... Kidd's 3-PT % has skyrocketed playing next to the best PF in the universe as well.

DJB
07-25-2009, 03:48 AM
bynum isnt the next Wilt or KAJ.....get real! Next Duncan is more like it.

Kill yourself.

DJB
07-25-2009, 03:52 AM
To those that think Al Jefferson is better than Bynum, all I have to say is you guys know jack shit about bball.

Ya I totally stopped reading after that sentence. Their are just too many flat-out-right dumb people on this forum, it's ridonk.

mystargtr34
07-25-2009, 06:23 AM
At a certain point, you have to realise that no matter how much, or how well you try and get your point accross, no matter how right it is, the other side just isnt going to change their stance, whether they're being stubborn or just dont choose to accept reality. When that point comes, just let it go.

Chieflion
07-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Ya I totally stopped reading after that sentence. Their are just too many flat-out-right dumb people on this forum, it's ridonk.
+1. What a dumb fuck.

JustBlaze
07-25-2009, 03:29 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc107/bastardlybutta/bastardly-photos/album124/kobe-bryant-07160901.jpg
What's he feeding that cow?

daslicer
07-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Pretty much. I should act like a Laker fan just to piss some of them off some time. It would be fairly easy to repeat "No matter what you do our team is better than yours."

For example, say this week the arguement is "Fisher+Kobe>>>>>>Tony+Manu" Then the next week the Spurs trade Tony and Manu for Kobe and Fisher then the Laker fans will say "We just got the best point guard in the NBA and a player who is just as good, if not better than Kobe, in Manu."

Or better yet they argue the gap between Kobe and Manu isn't that great much like these stupid fuckers believe Gasol is close to Duncan.

21_Blessings
06-16-2010, 11:25 AM
He was playing like a top 5 center earlier in the year,

:bking

Ghazi
06-16-2010, 11:31 AM
First, there is no way you can say that Bynum is better than Jefferson. Second, if Jefferson and Bynum switched places Jefferson would be the second best player on the Lakers. And third Bynum is not trusted by his own coach late in games, you can't say he is a top center in the NBA.

:bking