PDA

View Full Version : Dejuan Blair>>>>Omri Casspi

D-ROB 50
07-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Before draft night many of us here were hoping that we would find a way to move up to get Casspi. Now i have no doubt that Casspi will have a solid NBA career, but Blair falling to us in the second round was fate. I know it's only summer league and we should'nt read so much into numbers, but Casspi has a few more summer league games as well as pro ball experience than Blair has had so he should be a bit more adjusted. However here are Omris' summer league numbers.....
7.2 ppg
33% shooting
3.3 rpg
2 apg
23 mpg
Nothing really jumps out at you especailly that shooting %.

Blair in his 1 game.....
13 pts
10 rebs
57% shooting
22 min

And by the style of play which most of us saw this was no fluke. He played like a professional NBA player with a couple years of exp.

Now I can say that I'm glad we didnt trade up on draft night. And with Blairs' new contract I'm sure we will see him come out in full force tonight.
12pts. 12boards :king

FireDavidStern
07-16-2009, 03:31 PM
dude summer league stats mean nothing, look at what Hill did last year

Muser
07-16-2009, 03:32 PM
I'm excited and all, but let's put the brakes on a bit.

BOHOLANO#21
07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Before draft night many of us here were hoping that we would find a way to move up to get Casspi. Now i have no doubt that Casspi will have a solid NBA career, but Blair falling to us in the second round was fate. I know it's only summer league and we should'nt read so much into numbers, but Casspi has a few more summer league games as well as pro ball experience than Blair has had so he should be a bit more adjusted. However here are Omris' summer league numbers.....
7.2 ppg
33% shooting
3.3 rpg
2 apg
23 mpg
Nothing really jumps out at you especailly that shooting %.

Blair in his 1 game.....
13 pts
10 rebs
57% shooting
22 min

And by the style of play which most of us saw this was no fluke. He played like a professional NBA player with a couple years of exp.

Now I can say that I'm glad we didnt trade up on draft night. And with Blairs' new contract I'm sure we will see him come out in full force tonight.
12pts. 12boards :king
maybe you gonna jinx blair tonite and he's gonna hurt his knee. anyway, compare casspi's number to george hill last year and tell me how SL games meant:lol

D-ROB 50
07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
dude summer league stats mean nothing, look at what Hill did last year
Um, I know I posted that, but I watched a couple of summer league Sac games to see him play and I just don't see him being the contributer that Blair has the potential to be off the bat. Blair played like a pro in limited miinutes. Omri didnt.

La Peace
But I like Casspi.

timvp
Casspi looked pretty good in the game I watched. He's like a poor man's mix of Nocioni and Batum.

D-ROB 50
07-16-2009, 03:39 PM
maybe you gonna jinx blair tonite and he's gonna hurt his knee. anyway, compare casspi's number to george hill last year and tell me how SL games meant:lol

Difference between Hill and Casspi is that Hill was'nt drafted bacause he could shoot, he was drafted because they knew he could defend at the NBA level right away. Casspi .... not yet.

D-ROB 50
07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
But I like Casspi.
I know I like Casspi too, I wanted him like alot of us did, but we gave up nothing and got an instant contributor.

coyotes_geek
07-16-2009, 03:44 PM
We're certainly going to get more use out of Blair this year than we would have Casspi.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 03:56 PM
The Spurs thought they might have had a chance to trade up for Casspi. I doubt they ever dreamed they'd have a shot at Blair, so I believe the appropriate response to the OP is: Duh.

rjv
07-16-2009, 04:01 PM
i think casspi is going to be a nice player. he just is going to be on a bad team.

anjlbitz
07-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Casspi looked pretty good in the game I watched. He's like a poor man's mix of Nocioni and Batum.

I noticed the similarity between Casspi and Nocioni, the Batum part not yet. Is he as athletic as Batum?

Casspi seems like the hustle player with real bball skills (a bit vague but I hope someone gets my point)

I wish there was a way to get both Blair and Casspi.

ffadicted
07-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Casspi has so much upside imo

Mr. Body
07-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Casspi looks better than I thought. I thought he'd be mediocre. Well, he might still be.

BackHome
07-16-2009, 05:08 PM
What pisses me off is that Denver traded next years pick to the Wolves and got their first rounder. We should have been trying to do that and we would have been able to draft Omri, and still have gotten Blair...OMG>

Darkwaters
07-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I think most people talking about trading up to get Omri were talking late 1st round (ie, 26 or lower). DeJuan Blair wasn't supposed to be anywhere near that range...much much higher. That fact that he fell was just bizarre and we snatched him up. So comparing the two isn't really fair I think.

D-ROB 50
07-16-2009, 05:51 PM
I think most people talking about trading up to get Omri were talking late 1st round (ie, 26 or lower). DeJuan Blair wasn't supposed to be anywhere near that range...much much higher. That fact that he fell was just bizarre and we snatched him up. So comparing the two isn't really fair I think.

So you're saying that Blair should have gone top 14 maybe and to compare him to mid 20 first rounder is unfair. Hmmm, you make a good point.

boo_radley
07-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Sorry, but NO SHIT!

bigdog
07-16-2009, 07:23 PM
We know what we're going to get out of Blair. Casspi has a ton of upside.

there's no possible way you can compare the two, especially based on Summer League.

loveforthegame
07-16-2009, 08:04 PM
Blair fills a need for right now and probably won't improve much from what he is now. That's ok though because he masters what we need right now.

Casspi has the upside and will be able to get the playing time to improve with the Kings.

As a fan of both teams I get the best of both worlds.

BackHome
07-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah, both will be good but it will take Omri a few years before he reaches his full potential while Blair is pretty darn close to it righ now.