PDA

View Full Version : Poor McClinton

DMX7
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
He seems like a good guy but he's a little out of whack. There is a roster spot open for him but I don't know if he's going to make the team looking like this unless they give him the George Hill treatment and just let him develop in the NBA instead of the D-League.

ChumpDumper
07-16-2009, 09:46 PM
He'll get the Hairston/Williams treatment.

galvatron3000
Austin bound. Perhaps he is George Hill version 2009?

DBMethos
It's just a confidence thing...it's just going to get worse and worse until he hits one. It would sure help if Newman would just run him off some screens to give him some easy shots.

Interrohater
07-16-2009, 09:48 PM
it'll be interesting to see what the FO does about this guy. He's got mad range, but we haven't seen it surface yet. Some guys are just not great in summer league play, maybe the Spurs bring him in to play a couple of preseason games and see if he performs better in a more structured environment

urunobili
07-16-2009, 09:48 PM
:depressed

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 09:49 PM
The question for those that have seen him is: Has he done anything else to make us think he can be an NBA player? The other draft picks from the last two years have, even with flaws in their game.

jag
07-16-2009, 09:52 PM
The question for those that have seen him is: Has he done anything else to make us think he can be an NBA player? The other draft picks from the last two years have, even with flaws in their game.

Hill looked like complete shit in last years SL.

timvp
07-16-2009, 09:53 PM

In summer league? No. He's made a couple of good passes but that's about it.

This is obviously a tough stretch for McClinton but it's not horrible news for the Spurs. Due to his struggles, he'll probably be more open to going over to Europe. Plus, even if the Spurs waive him in training camp, no NBA team is going to go after him and the Toros will easily get him.

If a player blows up in D-League, the options shrink for their NBA team.

oligarchy
07-16-2009, 09:56 PM
He fills up a stat sheet..

Date Opponent Result MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OFF DEF REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
Jul 16 vs. OKC W 85-76 14 0-4 0-0 0-0 0 2 2 0 0 0 0 2 0
Jul 14 vs. DEN W 78-76 11 0-2 0-1 0-0 0 1 1 4 0 0 1 2 0
Jul 12 vs. NOH W 92-86 16 0-2 0-0 2-2 0 2 2 1 1 0 2 4 2

Season Team G GS MPG FG% 3p% FT% OFF DEF RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
2009 SAS 3 2 13.3 .000 .000 1.000 0.0 1.7 1.7 1.7 0.3 0.0 1.00 2.00 0.7
Total 3 2 13.3 .000 .000 1.000 0.0 1.7 1.7 1.7 0.3 0.0 1.00 2.00 0.7

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 09:57 PM

No, Hill's shot was off. After having been one of the best scorers in the nation in college, nobody should have been alarmed that his shots weren't falling. He had good athletecism, played good defense, sucked up rebounds and didn't seem overwhelmed at any point.

timvp
07-16-2009, 09:58 PM

Hill last year >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McClinton this year

Hill was rebounding and defending like crazy. He was also getting to the hoop and he wasn't turning the ball over at all. Hill couldn't score but he at least looked like an NBA player.

McClinton looks like a fan who wandered onto the court.

Marcus Bryant
Austin or Latvia beckon.

clubalien
and to think if blair hadn't of fallen this was going to be our top pick.

Obstructed_View
I really wish they'd left him in when it seemed like he was finally doing something well. It really could have helped his confidence.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 09:59 PM
and to think if blair hadn't of fallen this was going to be our top pick.

The meltdown...would have been large.

jag
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
No, Hill's shot was off. After having been one of the best scorers in the nation in college, nobody should have been alarmed that his shots weren't falling. He had good athletecism, played good defense, sucked up rebounds and didn't seem overwhelmed at any point.

Hill was rebounding and defending like crazy. He was also getting to the hoop and he wasn't turning the ball over at all. Hill couldn't score but he at least looked like an NBA player.

Touche'...but i'm actually less worried about McClinton's shooting than i was about Hill's last year. McClinton is more of a pure shooter and Hill has always looked like more of a scorer. What worries me is that Jack can't even get close to creating his own shot.

Blackjack
07-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I haven't been able to see him play during SL but I've got to wonder how much better off he'd be playing in a more stuctured environment with the likes of Duncan, Parker and Ginobili.

The guy needs to get into a rhythm and the uncertainty/lack of spacing in the SL game isn't all that conducive for that.

I'd love to see if his fortunes changed playing with the Spurs at camp and in the preseason.

ElNono
07-16-2009, 10:06 PM
I'm going to give him credit in that he didn't start chucking and chucking and chucking...
He did penetrate and dished a few times instead of forcing something...

But yeah, right now even the Toros look like the big leagues for him...

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Touche'...but i'm actually less worried about McClinton's shooting than i was about Hill's last year. McClinton is more of a pure shooter and Hill has always looked like more of a scorer. What worries me is that Jack can't even get close to creating his own shot.

I'm still worried that Hairston shot nearly the same percengage from three point range in SL as McClinton did in college, and Hairston's not considered a good shooter.

elbamba
07-16-2009, 10:11 PM
His shot isn't over. He is in a slump but all great shooters find a way to get out of it. Tolliver lit it up last year but couldn't hit a jumper for his life when he actually played for the Spurs.

Blackjack
07-16-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm still worried that Hairston shot nearly the same percengage from three point range in SL as McClinton did in college, and Hairston's not considered a good shooter.

To me, after watching Hairston at Oregon, I've never considered Malik the poor shooter he's been portrayed as.

I was looking like an idiot talking about this guy being a knock-down midrange jump-shooter, but it seems he's starting to find his comfort zone at this level.

I'll admit I was skeptical on him extending his range to be a reliable 3-point shooter, his eye just seemed fitted for the midrange game, (somewhat like Hamilton) but his D-League and SL stints are giving me hope.

hsxvvd
07-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Give him 40 minutes. Not like it counts anyway, and it's more important that he gets going than any other SL player at this point.

GSH
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
It's just a confidence thing...it's just going to get worse and worse until he hits one. It would sure help if Newman would just run him off some screens to give him some easy shots.

A 6' guy playing the 2 in the NBA is going to have to be able to make some hard shots. I agree that it would help him with his confidence, but they probably felt like the needed to see him under fire.

If he had come in knocking down these shots, he might have been an option for this year's roster. This way may have been a little bit harsh, but it gives the team a picture for where he is right now.

SouthTexasRancher
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Time spent in Austin with the Toros might be just what the doctor ordered...hopefully. But, it's going to really take something for him to make it as a SG with his lack of height. Too bad he wasn't able to smoke em' in the first 3 games.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Give him 40 minutes. Not like it counts anyway, and it's more important that he gets going than any other SL player at this point.

I agree. Let him get all the jitters out of the way and see what he can do.

BackHome
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
His shot isn't over. He is in a slump but all great shooters find a way to get out of it. Tolliver lit it up last year but couldn't hit a jumper for his life when he actually played for the Spurs.

To be honest I think that Tolliver was going to do well until one of his parents passed away. For some people that is a very traumatic event and probably played a major role in his play.

timvp
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM

Yeah, I have no clue why Newman isn't playing him more. We don't need to see Taylor. Beck isn't even a very interesting prospect.

No reason for McClinton not to be playing 25-30 minutes at least.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Time spent in Austin with the Toros might be just what the doctor ordered...hopefully. But, it's going to really take something for him to make it as a SG with his lack of height. Too bad he wasn't able to smoke em' in the first 3 games.

He's going to be in camp, so if it's just a slump, we'll find out soon enough. This is the big difference between being a shooter and being a scorer, like Hill.

florige
07-16-2009, 10:30 PM

:lmao That sucks though because I am rooting for this guy since he is a Baltimore product.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I have no clue why Newman isn't playing him more. We don't need to see Taylor. Beck isn't even a very interesting prospect.

No reason for McClinton not to be playing 25-30 minutes at least.

He's one of those guys that thinks a coach can win a game making good decisions. Good coaches try hard to avoid bad decisions, and manage to lose fewer games.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
To be honest I think that Tolliver was going to do well until one of his parents passed away. For some people that is a very traumatic event and probably played a major role in his play.

It's been a year. He's playing for New Orleans right now.

SouthTexasRancher
07-16-2009, 10:34 PM
He's going to be in camp, so if it's just a slump, we'll find out soon enough. This is the big difference between being a shooter and being a scorer, like Hill.

Hopefully for McClinton his defensive play will still be a ++ when the coaching staff does its final evaluation. I like the kid and his positive attitude and sincerely hope he can make it.

AFBlue
07-16-2009, 10:46 PM

Libri
07-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Due to his struggles, he'll probably be more open to going over to Europe.

If he decides to go to Europe, in which league could he play? I'm wondering where in Europe does Pop have contacts. Could McClinton end up on an Italian team like Gist or does he go to France?

Blackjack
07-16-2009, 11:00 PM
How are they actually using Jack?

Are they leaving him on an island to create for his self and others, or are they actually setting screens and pin-downs to free him up?

I almost feel they need to just give the team the objective of getting Jack a chance to break loose by giving him the Hamilton/Miller/House treatment on the offensive end so they can see what they have.

Who knows, if that shot starts falling, the space to drive, dish, and shoot might finally appear for him..

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 12:09 AM

Yes, but Hill looked like he belonged. He was doing NBA level things, even though his shooting/finishing was poor. You could tell Hill belonged.

Edit: just read entire thread, this was already stated.

ohmwrecker
07-17-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm pretty sure he will get a look in Austin.

timvp
07-17-2009, 12:11 AM
How are they actually using Jack?

Are they leaving him on an island to create for his self and others, or are they actually setting screens and pin-downs to free him up?

I almost feel they need to just give the team the objective of getting Jack a chance to break loose by giving him the Hamilton/Miller/House treatment on the offensive end so they can see what they have.

Who knows, if that shot starts falling, the space to drive, dish, and shoot might finally appear for him..

The last couple of games, they've run plays to specifically free him up early on -- including pin-downs and multiple screens. He's gotten a few looks and hasn't knocked them down. Newman eventually gives up on him but he's given him shots early to prove he can contribute.

But yeah, I think just making one bucket would do wonders for him.

DMX7
07-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Yes, but Hill looked like he belonged. He was doing NBA level things

What the hell summer league games were you watching? He looked like complete shit. He was getting schooled by any guard with talent especially Mayo and he shot 7% from the field.... 7%!!!

Blackjack
07-17-2009, 12:22 AM
The last couple of games, they've run plays to specifically free him up early on -- including pin-downs and multiple screens. He's gotten a few looks and hasn't knocked them down. Newman eventually gives up on him but he's given him shots early to prove he can contribute.

But yeah, I think just making one bucket would do wonders for him.

Thanks.

Yeah, it's a fine line with players who don't possess the prototypical build or elite athleticism.

You've got to believe playing a complimentary role to dominate players like Duncan, Parker and Ginobili would also do wonders for his success rate with all the extra daylight and opportunities he'd have to get on track.

Hopefully we get that chance to see how he'd fare.

At this point, Jack needs a bucket and a hug.:lol

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 12:26 AM
What the hell summer league games were you watching? He looked like complete shit. He was getting schooled by any guard with talent especially Mayo and he shot 7% from the field.... 7%!!!

You just do not get it. He shot terrible, but he still got to the rim very easily. He just could not finish. He was a known scorer trying to be converted into a pg. He rebounded very well, was very athletic compared to most and had the length/defense to harass even OJ Mayo.

He looked like a NBA player playing poorly. He looked like he belonged. Some guys just do not fit the bill. You could clearly see Hill had game if you looked beyond the poor shooting.

peskypesky
07-17-2009, 12:27 AM
when i saw the stats from the game tonight and saw he went 0-4...i was like "jesus christ what a poor sonofabitch. that must SUCK."

if i were him i'd go to europe. Spain is an awesome country.

bigdog
07-17-2009, 12:28 AM
I think there's a possibility he could go to Europe or somewhere else overseas, but I envision him with the Toros this season. I expect Gist to be back overseas.

Once he hits a shot, I think he'll get into a rhythm.

DMX7
07-17-2009, 12:30 AM
You just do not get it. He shot terrible, but he still got to the rim very easily. He just could not finish. He was a known scorer trying to be converted into a pg. He rebounded very well, was very athletic compared to most and had the length/defense to harass even OJ Mayo.

He was not playing good defense... just No.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 12:35 AM
He was not playing good defense... just No.

Well you are entitled to your own opinion but I think he played very well in many aspects except for scoring. Didn't he hold OJ Mayo to like 5-16 shooting?

DJB
07-17-2009, 01:04 AM
I knew as soon as we drafted this kid that he was going to the NBDL. No surprise here.

Mhak
07-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Like I said before when we drafted him... He is not a NBA player.... Too Short very undersized... Kid is very nice.. But being nice wont cut it... The only thing he got going on when we drafted him is his shot. A lot of you guys have so much hype for this kid with his shot.. In summer league.. he is having a hard time... Imagine the real deal...

SPURSGOAT
07-17-2009, 01:26 AM

:lmao

mountainballer
07-17-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm still convinced that McClinton was a good pick.
however, we need to see the big picture anyhow.
even if he had played decent till now, the solid play from the other young Spurs players would have reduced his chance to make the roster to more or less zero anyhow.
youth movement, athleticism, young legs and stuff like that is all great, but Spurs are still a contender and try to win another title the next 2 years. they don't need to turn into a youngster team, better: they can't, if they want to win.
it looks almost as a sure bet that next season Hill, Blair, Hairston, Ian and maybe even M.Williams will be on the roster. that's 5 rookies or sophomores. that's quite a lot.
so currently neither Gist nor McClinton will have a big chance to also make the roster, even if they start to play well. (only small chance might be, that one outplays Williams and even this wouldn't guarantee a roster spot).

spurspokesman
07-17-2009, 07:09 AM

This is obviously a tough stretch for McClinton but it's not horrible news for the Spurs. Due to his struggles, he'll probably be more open to going over to Europe. Plus, even if the Spurs waive him in training camp, no NBA team is going to go after him and the Toros will easily get him.

If a player blows up in D-League, the options shrink for their NBA team.

I agree. How does his defense look. Even though its a glorified showcase and defense is not big. I'm just asking because defenders usually defend any and everywhere.

TJastal
07-17-2009, 07:35 AM

:lol

Well they should have known drafting a 6'0" shooting guard would have little chance of panning out.

What is it with Popovich's obsession with these short shooting/combo guards? Got 1 already, why get another?

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 08:04 AM
There have to be a couple hundred little guys who can hit open jump shots but do little else floating around the periphery of pro basketball. What makes Jack McClinton so special that people are advocating having the Spurs structure their whole offense around making him succeed? It seems to me the question should be what he can give the team, rather than what the team can give him.

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 08:06 AM
:lol

Well they should have known drafting a 6'0" shooting guard would have little chance of panning out.

What is it with Popovich's obsession with these short shooting/combo guards? Got 1 already, why get another?
My guess is that he was thinking that little guys who can generate their own offense are hard to contain with the NBA's current rules on defense.

However, it appears to be that McClinton can't create his own offense.

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
I suggest for him to pay for the Toros.:downspin:

coyotes_geek
07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
My guess is that he was thinking that little guys who can generate their own offense are hard to contain with the NBA's current rules on defense.

However, it appears to be that McClinton can't create his own offense.

I think you've got it backwards. Late in the second round all the guys who can generate their own offense are long gone. The Spurs were looking for guys who they thought might be able to fill a role. In McClinton's case the Spurs saw, and hopefully still see, a guy who can knock down open jump shots and play good enough defense to justify his time on the court. McClinton's problem is that he's not getting any open shots. So in SL the Spurs have to try to create some of those situations for him, whereas if he were in an actual NBA game those situations would occur naturally as the defense would be double teaming Tim Duncan, getting broken down by Tony Parker, etc. You don't see too many teams doubling guys in the summer league. Denver's SL team being an exception who for some reason really wanted to keep doubleteaming George Hill in the backcourt.

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 08:29 AM
I think you've got it backwards. Late in the second round all the guys who can generate their own offense are long gone. The Spurs were looking for guys who they thought might be able to fill a role. In McClinton's case the Spurs saw, and hopefully still see, a guy who can knock down open jump shots and play good enough defense to justify his time on the court. McClinton's problem is that he's not getting any open shots. So in SL the Spurs have to try to create some of those situations for him, whereas if he were in an actual NBA game those situations would occur naturally as the defense would be double teaming Tim Duncan, getting broken down by Tony Parker, etc. You don't see too many teams doubling guys in the summer league. Denver's SL team being an exception who for some reason really wanted to keep doubleteaming George Hill in the backcourt.
Well then to repeat my other comment in slightly different terms, six-foot shooting guards who can knock down open shots are a dime a dozen. What's so special about Jack McClinton?

coyotes_geek
07-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Well then to repeat my other comment in slightly different terms, six-foot shooting guards who can knock down open shots are a dime a dozen. What's so special about Jack McClinton?

As of right now, nothing other than his being the guy who the Spurs used a draft pick on.

peskypesky
07-17-2009, 08:33 AM

his name. he sounds like a cowboy.

BillMc
07-17-2009, 08:46 AM
I agree about McClinton will find his shot eventually, especially if he gets some screens, etc. I'm more worried about his defense. Even though the Spurs thought he played really good D when they worked him out, he seems too small and relatively too slow to guard players in the NBA. Hope I'm wrong, he seems like a good guy. He might do well in Europe. If he goes, I hope he goes to Latvia. I lived in Riga two years, and I could hook him up with some stunning beauties! :tongue:tongue

peskypesky
07-17-2009, 08:50 AM
I agree about McClinton will find his shot eventually, especially if he gets some screens, etc. I'm more worried about his defense. Even though the Spurs thought he played really good D when they worked him out, he seems too small and relatively too slow to guard players in the NBA. Hope I'm wrong, he seems like a good guy. He might do well in Europe. If he goes, I hope he goes to Latvia. I lived in Riga two years, and I could hook him up with some stunning beauties! :tongue:tongue

i'm sure he would dig those Slavic babes. i've heard the streets of Poland are filled with hotties. i assume Latvia is as well.

BillMc
07-17-2009, 08:52 AM
We should also wait until training camp to judge Jack. Do you think Reggie Miller would have done well in summer league? No, he'd be too skinny, too slow and need someone else to help set up his shot. But given time, obviously, Reggie (just like Jack) had range.

The problem is Reggie was something like six inches taller than Jack. It'll come back to his defense.

BillMc
07-17-2009, 08:54 AM
i'm sure he would dig those Slavic babes. i've heard the streets of Poland are filled with hotties. i assume Latvia is as well.

Yes, there are plenty of Slavic babes Riga is 50% Russian, but Latvians themselves are Balts red hair, green/blue eyes. And the hybred (Russian father/Latvian mom) is out of this world. I live in Ukraine now, and even this isn't as good as Riga. Sigh....

Back to Jack, make the Spurs, then you'll have no women troubles (except maybe in Phoenix.)

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 09:16 AM
He was the best shooter in the country last year maybe? Just maybe?

Also all we need for him is solid D and able to knock down open 3s.
So shooting well in college got him drafted. Great. That got him in the door.

What I don't understand is how he can then come out and show absolutely nothing on the floor, and half the board starts apologizing for him because he doesn't have Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker to create shots for him. That is just poor thinking.

You could probably go down to the local rec league and find some guy six feet tall who could hit open shots if Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker created them for him.

You could look on the NBA waiver wire and find a guy three or four inches taller who could hit open shots if Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, and Tony Parker created them for him, and play some D to boot.

Make the kid show something.

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Obviously the Spurs saw something and maybe fans like you should wait until it is all said and done instead of nit picking like this.
I think the Spurs saw a guy who was worth taking a flyer on. Second-round picks are longshots, except in freak cases like DeJuan Blair that leave every other GM in the league smacking their foreheads.

Yet half the posters here already have him playing regular minutes in the guard rotation.

On the Spurs, players earn minutes by showing something. So far, he is showing nothing. He will keep getting opportunities up through training camp. If in training camp with the regulars he suddenly turns into the second coming of Steve Kerr, marvelous.

But so far he has shown nothing and is entitled to nothing.

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 09:43 AM
OK, I think I understand the McClinton apologists now. It doesn't have anything to do with whether McClinton is any good. It's all about how the front office is sainted and can do no wrong, so the McClinton pick can't be a mistake because they don't make mistakes.

There is almost no such thing as a mistake with the 53rd pick in the draft. Relax.

phxspurfan
07-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Seriously? 2 days later you guys are sharting on him. Get real.

phxspurfan
07-17-2009, 12:28 PM
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident ."

Bender
07-17-2009, 01:57 PM
maybe it will be an "opposite" thing like with Tolliver. Tolliver shot great last summer league, then did the opposite during NBA.

DBMethos
07-17-2009, 02:07 PM
maybe it will be an "opposite" thing like with Tolliver. Tolliver shot great last summer league, then did the opposite during NBA.

So Jack's pulling a George Costanza?

spurs_till_I_di
07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
It is a confidence thing you're exactly right but a little time down in Austin and I'm sure he'll be looking as good as RC and Pop thought when they drafted him maybe by then he'll developed enough confidence in himself and his game that he'll have that Eddie House effect on the Spurs in time for the playoffs GO SPURS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obstructed_View
07-18-2009, 04:30 AM

Dude, you need to go back and count the number of shots Mayo took that night. You could not be more completely wrong with that statement unless you called him George Bell; he showed he could play NBA level defense in that game. When a guy who led the nation in scoring misses layups and open shots, you don't worry about him.

spursbird
07-18-2009, 05:40 AM
There is almost no such thing as a mistake with the 51st pick in the draft. Relax.
fixed.
But you should know that if Blair didn't fall to the second round, they'd draft Mcclinton using the 37th pick.

Darkwaters
07-18-2009, 05:52 AM
fixed.
But you should know that if Blair didn't fall to the second round, they'd draft Mcclinton using the 37th pick.

They said that he was in the group at 37. Not that he WAS the group at 37. If Blair had not been there then somebody else from that group (more highly rated than McClinton) could have been selected. I think that they like liked McClinton, but I'm sure they had guys more highly rated than him...just like Nando De Colo (who was in that same group at 37) was apparently rated lower than McClinton.

ffadicted
07-18-2009, 12:37 PM
13MPG for the guy is a joke, he should be getting at least 25, and be told to let the shots fly, instead of being scared to miss. I guarantee as soon as he hits a couple, he'll starting getting hot

Ocotillo
07-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Perhaps Jack's potential as a rotation player with the Spurs is predicated upon Marcus Williams working as a point guard.

If Williams is playing point guard or point forward whatever it would be called, Jack then would not be a liablity. If Mason or Ginobili is the 2, then Jack guards the opposing point.

Redshadows
07-18-2009, 05:58 PM

Yeah,he really looks like me now. :rollin
And Austin would probably strong enough to enter the DL finals again if they had McClinton.:lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
07-18-2009, 08:32 PM
OK, I think I understand the McClinton apologists now. It doesn't have anything to do with whether McClinton is any good. It's all about how the front office is sainted and can do no wrong, so the McClinton pick can't be a mistake because they don't make mistakes.

There is almost no such thing as a mistake with the 53rd pick in the draft. Relax.

lolol.

I would just like to see the guy get 25 minutes+. If he fails with heavy minutes, then I'm ready to book his ticket to Austria.
:flag:

Spursmania
07-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Guy had another shitty game. Don't even know if he'll be sent to the Toros now. Poor dude.

FvckMavs
07-18-2009, 11:18 PM
Jack's Twitter:
"Finally hit a damn shot. Hot damn!"

DMX7
07-18-2009, 11:21 PM
lol, McClinton's a funny guy. They said one fan was cheering hard when he scored. I wonder if it was a family member.

hater
07-18-2009, 11:23 PM
:(

DMX7
07-18-2009, 11:25 PM
Guy had another shitty game. Don't even know if he'll be sent to the Toros now. Poor dude.

No, they won't let him walk completely. He'll be on the Toro at WORST case scenario.

Spursmania
07-18-2009, 11:36 PM
lol, McClinton's a funny guy. They said one fan was cheering hard when he scored. I wonder if it was a family member.

I'm telling you it was very loud when he made the basket. The announcers even commented on it. They said it was a whole row right behind the Spurs bench. I'm glad he finally hit one.:lol

Libri
07-18-2009, 11:38 PM
No, they won't let him walk completely. He'll be on the Toro at WORST case scenario.

I would like to see him play in a more organized environment like the Toros and see how he responds.

SPURSGOAT
07-19-2009, 12:10 AM
McClinton will probably be sent to the Toros... along with Gist...

longlivefinley4
07-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Finley>mclinton

AussieFanKurt
07-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Finley>mclinton

Bonner > Finley

coachmac87
07-19-2009, 01:32 AM
OK..i have not seen any SL games. But I kinda knew going into this thing that McClinton couldn't really create for himself, but he can shoot. He is not somebody who is going to dominate at all. But he can be a good ROLE player. Think about it? All the players that are doing extremely well are the players that can really make a name for themselves in the NBA. Now I understand Jack is not doing shiiiit.

But the Spurs didn't draft him to see if he played well together with Geroge Hill and the rest of the SL scrubs. He was drafted casue he was one of the best if not the best shooters in the NCAA.

Duncan,Parker,Ginobili will create easy open 3's for this kid. Not saying he will make an impact on this team, but I wont count him out just yet. FO has to see what he can do playing with teammates who can set him up....AKA Eddie House.