PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin

Solid D
07-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Bake the man a pie. Freakishly excellent player.

That's all.

ace3g
07-16-2009, 10:24 PM
he already has 12 pts 11 boards, game currently in the 2nd quarter

Solid D
07-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Yes, and the plays he is making are of the athletic variety. Pinning Sam Young's layup. Alley-oops. Follow one-handers. Physical. The whole package.

timvp
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Sounds like the Spurs should have drafted Griffin rather than McClinton.

Fire Pop.

Solid D
07-16-2009, 10:29 PM
:lol or Bonner, Finley and Marcus Williams straight up for him.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-16-2009, 10:30 PM
Incredibly sick player. :tu

Halberto
07-16-2009, 10:37 PM
He'll always be that Sooner that looks like Donkey Kong

jag
07-16-2009, 10:41 PM
*waits for Finley and Bonner trade package proposal*

FromWayDowntown
07-16-2009, 10:48 PM

You have to at least add Javtokas or Gist to make that a reasonable offer.

celldweller
07-16-2009, 11:04 PM
To bad he's trapped in Clipper Land.

Ariel
07-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry, but looks like you were already beaten to the punch:

:lol or Bonner, Finley and Marcus Williams straight up for him.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Boozer with a work ethic?

angelbelow
07-17-2009, 12:06 AM
I'd rather Thabeet and his 0 points. Thanks.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-17-2009, 12:08 AM
The Clippers will undoubtedly find a way to screw up.

kromediablo
07-17-2009, 01:00 AM
This Blake is like the white version of Lebron. Well at least the half white half black version.

Erick_CSF
07-17-2009, 01:06 AM
The Clippers will undoubtedly find a way to screw up.

Might be old news, but I heard on 1250am radio today in a quick news alert that the clippers are trying to make a bid for Iverson. :nope That will kill Mr.Griffin's debut year huh!!:downspin:

angelbelow
07-17-2009, 01:09 AM
I posted this in the other thread, but what do you guys think about Joey Dorsey, hes putting up some impressive stats too.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2009, 01:24 AM
I posted this in the other thread, but what do you guys think about Joey Dorsey, hes putting up some impressive stats too.

He belongs to Houston, doesn't he?

angelbelow
07-17-2009, 02:25 AM
He belongs to Houston, doesn't he?

Yup =/

symple19
07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
You people need to stop and recognize that this dude plays for the Clips. They'll find a way to ruin him. I agree that he has a lot of skills but his jumper doesn't go far enough out and he doesn't have many moves with his back to the basket. He "out-physicals"(if I may) people more than anything else. The Litmus test will be when he's being guarded by the likes of Boozer/Garnett/Stoudamire etc. I still don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about summer league stuff. Blake Griffin is certainly an athletic freak, but the jury is still out on whether he's an "NBA basketball" freak. LOL if AI ends up in Clipperland, hogging the ball and whining when Griffin gets more attention. And by the way, Blake gets my vote for one of the ugliest dudes in the league. Even Dikembe thinks he's ugly. Finally, I'd like to be the first to say that he looks like he either juices or, more likely, takes HGH. Have you seen dudes head?? Something unnatural about the way he looks, and I should know, I'm a San Fran Giants fan. :-P

qiuyizeng
07-17-2009, 03:11 AM
Men cannot be judged by their looks!

L.I.T
07-17-2009, 03:12 AM
You people need to stop and recognize that this dude plays for the Clips. They'll find a way to ruin him. I agree that he has a lot of skills but his jumper doesn't go far enough out and he doesn't have many moves with his back to the basket. He "out-physicals"(if I may) people more than anything else. The Litmus test will be when he's being guarded by the likes of Boozer/Garnett/Stoudamire etc. I still don't understand why everyone gets so worked up about summer league stuff. Blake Griffin is certainly an athletic freak, but the jury is still out on whether he's an "NBA basketball" freak. LOL if AI ends up in Clipperland, hogging the ball and whining when Griffin gets more attention. And by the way, Blake gets my vote for one of the ugliest dudes in the league. Even Dikembe thinks he's ugly. Finally, I'd like to be the first to say that he looks like he either juices or, more likely, takes HGH. Have you seen dudes head?? Something unnatural about the way he looks, and I should know, I'm a San Fran Giants fan. :-P

Relevance?

You're saying he's an athletic freak who relies on his gifts to score? That type of player almost never evolves over his career to become a solid/dominant NBA player. Nope. Never.

And congrats on bringing up some of the softest man to man defenders in the league.

koriwhat
07-17-2009, 03:22 AM
The Litmus test will be when he's being guarded by the likes of Boozer/Garnett/Stoudamire etc.

:rollin

FkLA
07-17-2009, 03:36 AM
he'll be a solid player, not a star though.

mudyez
07-17-2009, 03:37 AM
Might be old news, but I heard on 1250am radio today in a quick news alert that the clippers are trying to make a bid for Iverson. :nope That will kill Mr.Griffin's debut year huh!!:downspin:

yeah, it should be a lot of fun beeing a big man, in a Baron/AI run offense...I'm sure he will have something like 20 touches a game...all of them beeing offensive rebounds

peskypesky
07-17-2009, 08:34 AM

:lmao

peskypesky
07-17-2009, 08:36 AM
he'll be a solid player, not a star though.

he'll have a career like all the other great players who get drafted by the Clippers and are named Rookie of the Year.

peskypesky
07-17-2009, 08:37 AM
...and if you know your Spurs history, you'll know what I'm talking about.

symple19
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
The looks thing is an aside. Go back to what I said about his back to the basket game and lack of a decent jumper. Garnett is a questionable 1 v 1 defender? I'll give you Amare but Boozer is solid. How about him against Timmy? My general point is that before you go baking pies and slobbering all over him, let's see him in some NBA games, against starting caliber talent

oligarchy
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Hopefully he doesn't get the Clippers curse and get some major knee injury

coyotes_geek
07-17-2009, 08:46 AM
he'll have a career like all the other great players who get drafted by the Clippers and are named Rookie of the Year.

Terry Cummings???

anakha
07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll give you Amare but Boozer is solid.

You just lost the argument there.

clubalien
07-17-2009, 09:14 AM

Fire Pop.

While I totally agree with your later point. I don't think the spurs ever had a chance to get that pick. Do you think the cavs trade the top pick knowing it is lebron. I don't think so.

Really the only way we could have had the pick was to get it before the nba knew what players were in draft and then it was a risk and not based on that player.

I guess we could have tanked the season so we could have drafted the first pick SO i guess you do have a point. Sorry that is why you run this website have great insights. carry on the firing of pop for not tanking the season for the top draft pick

symple19
07-17-2009, 09:31 AM
You just lost the argument there.
what argument?? have you made a point??? I watched blake quite a few times in college. He really was never challenged physically and could just jump over people to do what needed to be done, dunking/rebounding/blocking shots. He also played in a sub-par conference, the big-12. He won't be able to do this in the NBA. So make a point, or are you philipinos just sticking together? The fact is that people are once again making snap judgements based on a few summer league games.

coyotes_geek
07-17-2009, 09:33 AM
While I totally agree with your later point. I don't think the spurs ever had a chance to get that pick. Do you think the cavs trade the top pick knowing it is lebron. I don't think so.

Really the only way we could have had the pick was to get it before the nba knew what players were in draft and then it was a risk and not based on that player.

I guess we could have tanked the season so we could have drafted the first pick SO i guess you do have a point. Sorry that is why you run this website have great insights. carry on the firing of pop for not tanking the season for the top draft pick

The Spurs didn't need to tank the season. A trade package of Bonner, Finley and a couple of draft picks could have gotten that pick. The Spurs are stupid.

in2deep
07-17-2009, 09:34 AM
it's summer league. everyone relax

Duncanoypi
07-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Trivia question: (without using google or any SE):

Who was the ONLY draft pick of LA Clippers to play in All-Star Game?

coyotes_geek
07-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Danny Manning???

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 09:40 AM
Summarizing the thread:

Imagine this lineup the Spurs would have if they weren't stupid:
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
LeBron James
Tim Duncan
Blake Griffin

Bench:
DeJuan Blair
Terry Cummings
Jack McClinton
Danny Manning

That would be awesome and beat the Lakers for sure! Dammit Holt is cheap.

Also, Blake Griffin's future ACL tear will be the Spurs' fault because they didn't move up to pick him.

clubalien
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
extra, I think you might have taken some words out of context. Like I never said a wise latina women would play better than Jack mcclinton

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 09:57 AM
extra, I think you might have taken some words out of context. Like I never said a wise latina women would play better than Jack mcclinton
But she would make better decisions.

L.I.T
07-17-2009, 09:59 AM
The looks thing is an aside. Go back to what I said about his back to the basket game and lack of a decent jumper. Garnett is a questionable 1 v 1 defender? I'll give you Amare but Boozer is solid. How about him against Timmy? My general point is that before you go baking pies and slobbering all over him, let's see him in some NBA games, against starting caliber talent

Only after the NBA allowed chest thumps and baby crawls as legitimate defensive moves did KG become above average.

And you're right, becoming excited about a players performance, and possibly using those performances to extrapolate future performance, is all wrong! We should only evaluate him based on what he does when he steps on an NBA court. Why...this could revolutionize scouting!

L.I.T
07-17-2009, 10:03 AM
you philipinos just sticking together?

Metro Manila is pretty crowded.

anakha
07-17-2009, 10:06 AM
what argument?? have you made a point??? I watched blake quite a few times in college. He really was never challenged physically and could just jump over people to do what needed to be done, dunking/rebounding/blocking shots. He also played in a sub-par conference, the big-12. He won't be able to do this in the NBA. So make a point, or are you philipinos just sticking together? The fact is that people are once again making snap judgements based on a few summer league games.

Oh, dear Lord. :lmao

This has to be the biggest case of missing the point I've ever seen.

And you hiding under the 'Oh, you're just banding together against me 'cause you're Filipinos' stance is even funnier.

bishopospurs
07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
...and if you know your Spurs history, you'll know what I'm talking about.
My first thought was Reggie Williams, then I thought it might be Danny Ferry, no that couldn't be it, is it that we just signed Antonio McDyess, oh yeah Terry Cummings.

Maybe you are implying we should trade for Tyson Chandler or sign Chris Wilcox. How bout we trade for Chris Kaman?

At least they drafted Craig Hodges and Manute Bol, sorry they managed to mess up drafting Bol because he wasn't draft eligible. Poor poor Clips

Vito Corleone
07-17-2009, 10:33 AM
Two pages into this thread and no one has stated the obvious.

OU Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calavera
07-17-2009, 11:37 AM
griffin is sick, maybe even too sick for the Clippers :) I can`t see him there in a long run.

anjlbitz
07-17-2009, 12:05 PM
There's a Filipino bonding party here and I wasn't invited? damn.

buttsR4rebounding
07-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Men cannot be judged by their looks!

Only women. Men have to produce, women only have to reproduce!

Mugen
07-17-2009, 01:49 PM
somebody say something about filipinos!?!?!

Homeland Security
07-17-2009, 02:04 PM
There's a Filipino bonding party here and I wasn't invited? damn.
A filipino bonding party?

Wow, that's a lot of smegma in one place.

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2009, 02:08 PM
blake = bonner + scablerine .....

superbigtime
07-17-2009, 02:26 PM
He's lookin good, no doubt.

peskypesky
07-18-2009, 12:43 AM
He's lookin good, no doubt.

what's looking good is that ass in your signature. hot damn.