PDA

View Full Version : Warriors put a deal on the table for McGrady

djohn2oo8
07-17-2009, 12:42 AM
The Second Best Page in the Universe has been informed that Warriors General Manager Larry Riley has called the Houston Rockets about acquiring injured SF Tracy McGrady in exchange for Corey Maggette, Stephen Jackson, and a conditional draft pick...trading Maggette and Jackson would open up more playing time for rookie Stephen Curry and second year forward Anthony Randolph who have impressed Riley in summer league play... the Warriors would like to start McGrady at shooting guard next to PG Monta Ellis...

http://firechrismullin.blogspot.com/2009/07/warriors-inquire-about-t-mac.html (http://firechrismullin.blogspot.com/2009/07/warriors-inquire-about-t-mac.html)

La Peace
07-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Fucking Warriors

Reeko_Htown
07-17-2009, 12:43 AM
PULL THE TRIGGER! Morey get it done!

ducks
07-17-2009, 12:44 AM
wtf gs

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 12:45 AM
LMFAO at anyone who think this will happen.

lil_penny
07-17-2009, 12:46 AM
That's a deal for houston

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 12:47 AM
I'm not familiar with the site that "broke this news", but it's hard to find it completely credible considering the picture that is attached to the claim. :lol

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 12:47 AM
If this is true the Rockets should do it ASAP, but I doubt it is.

montgod
07-17-2009, 12:49 AM
This is defiitely a cap move. Besides, rumor is that McGrady wouldn't be ready to play till early next year.

Also begs the question, who starts in Houston with Ariza, Magette, and Jackson?

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 12:51 AM
lmfao at anyone who think this will happen.

+1

DPG21920
It would work from a shedding salary standpoint, but why do that? With the way Nelson coaches, Curry could start at the 2 with Monta at the point and Jackson can play the 3 with Corey coming off the bench in a role he did well in last year.

That is a pure salary dump from a team that does not need to do it.

djohn2oo8
Brooks/Lowry
Jackson/Taylor/Budinger
Ariza/Magette
Scola/Landry
Anderson/Hayes/Dorsey

montgod
07-17-2009, 12:53 AM
It would work from a shedding salary standpoint, but why do that? With the way Nelson coaches, Curry could start at the 2 with Monta at the point and Jackson can play the 3 with Corey coming off the bench in a role he did well in last year.

That is a pure salary dump from a team that does not need to do it.

I didn't know Magette came off the bench. Then again, I never knew when he play in the first place since he was always injured.

DJB
07-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Wow.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Yes, Corey played a nice "6th man" role for the Warriors. He put up very solid numbers doing so.

Ice009
07-17-2009, 01:02 AM
If the Warriors are looking to get rid of Sjax the Spurs really should look into getting him.

23LeBronJames23
07-17-2009, 01:08 AM
i think its iight deal for warriors but if they wanna trade jackson/maggette so curry and ellis can play, GS should get some more big men and the could be heading to playoffs

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Curry and Ellis and Randolph can all play w/o trading imo.

PG: Monta
SG: Curry
SF: Jax
PF: Randolph
C: Biedrins

6th man Corey...

Lars
07-17-2009, 01:12 AM
pass

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 01:12 AM
pass

Ya right...

ducks
07-17-2009, 01:13 AM
If the Warriors are looking to get rid of Sjax the Spurs really should look into getting him.

yeah manu for him
otherwise their is not enough touches for him here

Lars
07-17-2009, 01:16 AM
Ya right...

Those two make us a mediocre team at best.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 01:23 AM

Are you kidding? What will the Rockets get in FA next year that is better than Jax and Corey? With the way things look now, they will be mediocre to bad for many years anyways, why not get some pieces you can build around or move if you want to?

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 01:34 AM

Are you kidding? What will the Rockets get in FA next year that is better than Jax and Corey? With the way things look now, they will be mediocre to bad for many years anyways, why not get some pieces you can build around or move if you want to?

I believe that SJ has McGrady-esque talent (minus the injury issues) and the Rockets would be getting Maggette and a pick to go along with it. The Warriors would be idiotic to pull the trigger on this deal. I'm calling B.S.

Lars
07-17-2009, 01:36 AM

Morey does not overpay...ever. Both those players have long bad contracts.

With McGrady's expiring we could offer one player a max deal to pair with Yao and arguably the best collection of role players in the league. If Yao retires, we could offer 2.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Morey does not overpay...ever. Both those players have long bad contracts.

With McGrady's expiring we could offer one player a max deal to pair with Yao and arguably the best collection of role players in the league. If Yao retires, we could offer 2.

So answer the question, what max players can the Rockets get in your opinion?

Lars
07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
I imagine they would make max offers to Bosh, Wade and Johnson. Can't really say who would be interested and who wouldn't.

I counter to you, a lineup of Brooks, Jackson, Ariza, Scola, Yao gets you how far for the next 4 years? Second round at best?

Slydragon
07-17-2009, 01:45 AM
I'm not familiar with the site that "broke this news", but it's hard to find it completely credible considering the picture that is attached to the claim. :lol

:lol I click it after I read this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dSKbPv5txxg/Sl8yp723u8I/AAAAAAAAAYE/Rr-JY0kV-1k/s1600/tmac.jpg

werewolf
07-17-2009, 01:46 AM
Wow. If I'm Houston, I'd be all over this.

Ice009
07-17-2009, 01:55 AM
yeah manu for him
otherwise their is not enough touches for him here

Man everyone here says this.

Right now when I think about Sjax on the Spurs I look at his defense first and what an upgrade that would be.

If the Spurs were to trade for Jax the first thing they should be looking at is his defensive versatility and how he could improve us on that end of the floor.

I think Sjax has proven himself now and he wants to win. I really think he would make an effort to make it work this time around and not pout on the offensive end for more touches.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 01:57 AM
I imagine they would make max offers to Bosh, Wade and Johnson. Can't really say who would be interested and who wouldn't.

I counter to you, a lineup of Brooks, Jackson, Ariza, Scola, Yao gets you how far for the next 4 years? Second round at best?

So at best in your opinion, you could get one of those 3? Is Joe really that much better at max money than Jax at under 10M? How much of a long shot is it that Wade or Bosh would land in Houston in isolation knowing Yao's history ? If Yao is gone, but does not retire and is hobbled, does that look attractive? If he is done and the Rockets can offer 2 max deals, can they compete with other teams offering max deals?

I would think unless they can get Bosh or Wade or both (which seems to be a dicey proposition), getting SJax at 10M (which is a very tradeable contract for his production) and more depth with Corey seems to be a pretty enticing proposition.

Not to mention, even if you land Bosh, does that make the rockets better than the 2nd round for the next 4 years?

I do not think that Bosh+Brooks+Landry+Ariza+unhealthy Yao is any better than Bosh+Calderon+Parker+Bargnani+Marion and they could not get into the playoffs.

Lars
07-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Well money wise, Houston is probably one of the top places to play. No state tax, low cost of living and we have the luxury of exclusive shoe contracts from China which is a nice little bonus. Houston is a pretty big market without the cost of living that comes with LA/NY. So money wise, it is very attractive to potential free agents.

Our stlye of play seems to be admirable, when guys like Ariza will jump ship from a championship team to a team that plays with "passion". We have great chemistry here, an excellent coach, a fantastic GM and owner. Our guys play hard as hell and have a crazy commitment to defense.

Morey has assembled a great core of young players. As of now, we have some great pieces (Lowry, Brooks, Battier, Ariza, Scola, Landry). If you notice, that is rock solid 2 man rotations for 3 positions, with huge holes at SG and C.

We drafted SG heavy and our summer league team was very promising with a 5-0 record. Dorsey (C) and Budinger (SG) were particulary spectacular. Dorsey threw down 11 pts, 20 rbs, 5 ast, 3 stls, 2 blks today, while Budinger lead team with with a redonkulous FG% of 68%. Also led the team in 3FG% at 72%, and FT% at 94% for the entire 5 games.

All in all, I say we offer a ton for potential free agents, especially if Yao comes back Illgauscous style. This year will most assuredly suck, but we could get a great lottery pick and be right back in it next year.

So yes, while Bosh, is probably the least favorable of the three, I like our chances once we get a new franchise player. God forbid what it would of been like if we had 2007 Tmac and Yao combined with todays bench.

Jackson is decent this year, but is also signed through 2013...I highly doubt Morey would comit that type of money to an average player.

Danny.Zhu
07-17-2009, 02:30 AM
It is not a good deal for the Rockets.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
Well money wise, Houston is probably one of the top places to play. No state tax, low cost of living and we have the luxury of exclusive shoe contracts from China which is a nice little bonus. Houston is a pretty big market without the cost of living that comes with LA/NY. So money wise, it is very attractive to potential free agents.

Our stlye of play seems to be admirable, when guys like Ariza will jump ship from a championship team to a team that plays with "passion". We have great chemistry here, an excellent coach, a fantastic GM and owner. Our guys play hard as hell and have a crazy commitment to defense.

Morey has assembled a great core of young players. As of now, we have some great pieces (Lowry, Brooks, Battier, Ariza, Scola, Landry). If you notice, that is rock solid 2 man rotations for 3 positions, with huge holes at SG and C.

We drafted SG heavy and our summer league team was very promising with a 5-0 record. Dorsey (C) and Budinger (SG) were particulary spectacular. Dorsey threw down 11 pts, 20 rbs, 5 ast, 3 stls, 2 blks today, while Budinger lead team with with a redonkulous FG% of 68%. Also led the team in 3FG% at 72%, and FT% at 94% for the entire 5 games.

All in all, I say we offer a ton for potential free agents, especially if Yao comes back Illgauscous style. This year will most assuredly suck, but we could get a great lottery pick and be right back in it next year.

So yes, while Bosh, is probably the least favorable of the three, I like our chances once we get a new franchise player. God forbid what it would of been like if we had 2007 Tmac and Yao combined with todays bench.

Jackson is decent this year, but is also signed through 2013...I highly doubt Morey would comit that type of money to an average player.

Is JJ for Max Money better than Jax for 10M?
If Bosh is behind JJ and Wade, it is safe to assume it is Wade or bust?

Lars
07-17-2009, 02:51 AM
I think Joe Johnson at max is better than Steven Jackson at 10, yes. You don't ?

Brooks/Lowry
Johnson/Budinger
Ariza/Battier
Scola/Landry
Yao/Anderson

Thats pretty strong. Obviously Wade is ideal yes, but if it comes down to Bosh, we could then move Scola and Battier and probably get a nice return.

What the team is really lacking is a playmaker and closer. Maybe Brooks will become that guy, but I am not too sure.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 02:54 AM
I think Joe Johnson at max is better than Steven Jackson at 10, yes. You don't ?

Brooks/Lowry
Johnson/Budinger
Ariza/Battier
Scola/Landry
Yao/Anderson

Thats pretty strong. Obviously Wade is ideal yes, but if it comes down to Bosh, we could then move Scola and Battier and probably get a nice return.

What the team is really lacking is a playmaker and closer. Maybe Brooks will become that guy, but I am not too sure.

No I do not. I do not think JJ is a max player. If you look at production/skill set this year, I would argue Jax is much better all around (defense/ball handling/play making) especially for 10M.

There are very few guards you can offer max to imo and build around to win, and while JJ is very good (and underrated) he is not one of them. Bosh for a franchise>JJ. Jax for 10M is better imo and there will always be teams that will take 20 PPG scorers off your hands (Maggette/Jax) if they are on reasonable contracts which 10M is imo.

Lars
07-17-2009, 03:08 AM
Well, we will just have to disagree. I just don't think those two are good enough to get it done out west. Having guys locked in until they are 35, especially with one injury prone, is probably not going to put us over the edge.

angelbelow
07-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Wow that is a steal for houston, but they would have to deal with longer contracts.

blink
07-17-2009, 03:11 AM
not a good deal. keeps the rockets mediocre for more years. if we're gonna suck, at least make moves to the future.

Double-Up
07-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I rather go all out and lose for a couple years to get a franchise player we can build around.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
It's funny that Golden State is tearing their team down because they think they drafted Eddie House Jr. and think he is a franchise player.

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 11:21 AM
I believe that SJ has McGrady-esque talent
Are you insane? Before the injuries, McGrady was a monster...13 points in 35 seconds? SJax ain't that damn good..

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Well, we will just have to disagree. I just don't think those two are good enough to get it done out west. Having guys locked in until they are 35, especially with one injury prone, is probably not going to put us over the edge.
I have to agree with you..and I'm not just saying this because we're not talking about the Spurs..I really don't think SJax and Corey are going to give you what you need...both of them are head cases...and just not talented enough to put you over LA or SA...I think it could put you 3rd though.

Double-Up
07-17-2009, 11:24 AM
The site looks like a load of shit..."the Warriors have also asked for Al Harrington's permission to un-retire his #3 jersey so that McGrady can wear it if he joins the Warriors...McGrady announced earlier in the week that he would be changing his jersey from #1 to #3 for publicity... "

urunobili
07-17-2009, 11:36 AM
I'd hate to see Jax pick n rollin' with Scola...

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Wow, this would really be pissing in Mr. Trevor (I feel like I have more room to grow in Houston) Ariza's cornflakes.

a little miffed, are we?:lol

Red Hawk #21
07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
It's funny that Golden State is tearing their team down because they think they drafted Eddie House Jr. and think he is a franchise player.

Why do you guys call Stephen Curry - eddie house jr? That kid is talented and he's gunna be legit. You're right that he's not a franchise player, Randolph will be their franchise player. But Curry can't even be compared to House, because unlike House, Curry can actually dribble, set teammates up, shoot better, dunk the ball. He's gunna be a good player in this league.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Curry can actually dribble, set teammates up, shoot better, dunk the ball. He's gunna be a good player in this league.

Being able to set teammates up at some division 7 school in some mickey mouse conference has nothing to do with the NBA, fuck he couldn't even lead his team to the tourney last year. Eddie House actually played in a real conference and scored 61 points in a game. What's his shooting % in the summer league anyway 15 or 20?

robbie380
07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
jesus i love the internet.....guys this guys blog is a joke! i like how 99% of the people he didn't even bother to check it out and just assumed the original post was fact. in the same blog post the blogger also writes

the Warriors have also asked for Al Harrington's permission to un-retire his #3 jersey so that McGrady can wear it if he joins the Warriors...McGrady announced earlier in the week that he would be changing his jersey from #1 to #3 for publicity...

robbie380
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
http://bradblogging.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/mindless-sheep.jpg

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Damn. Talk about major pwnage.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Like this is the first time "rumors" have been discussed that have no merit. If you look at most of the first comments, many of them call b.s.

Does not hurt to discuss the idea of it though.

robbie380
07-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Like this is the first time "rumors" have been discussed that have no merit. If you look at most of the first comments, many of them call b.s.

Does not hurt to discuss the idea of it though.

but i get internet rage when people discuss them as if they are fact. :ihit:ihit