PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul believes Hornets could deal him.

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Chris Paul believes that the Hornets could trade him because of their financial situation.

New Orleans is set to be over the luxury tax, and might have to bite the bullet and deal away some big contracts.

"In this league, anything can happen," Paul told Pro Basketball News on Thursday. "I can be dealt."

Paul was then asked if he seriously thought he could be dealt.
"It's possible," he reiterated. "It's possible."

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60629/20090717/paul_believes_hornets_could_deal_him/

naico
07-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Maybe he just wishes to?

mavsfan1000
07-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah this sounds more like wishful thinking. He would be the last player to be dealt imo.

Phillip
07-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Damp for CP3. Do it Cubes.

Phillip
07-17-2009, 08:26 AM
and imagine if damp ended up earning his final year? then they would be totally screwed :lmao

samikeyp
NO would need a veteran PG in return.

Jacque Vaughn for CP3. :)

Ok lets be fair...send them Bonner too! :lol

spursfan1000

I think they would much rather do Matt Boner for Paul

Phillip
07-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I think they would much rather do Matt Boner for Paul

Damps expiring contract is much better than Bonners.

You lose.

Darkwaters
07-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Honestly, if any team is going to make a hard run at Chris Paul it should be the Thunder. They have enough talent laying around that they can give the Hornets some valuable (and cheap) players, so it could be more than simply just a salary dump for the Hornets. And Oklahoma City would absolutely love for their exiled son to return from that dump in Louisiana.

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Damps expiring contract is much better than Bonners.

You lose.

Matt Bonner gets played 7 dollars a hour :lol

You lose

Dr. Gonzo
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm glad he isn't on the Grizzlies. The Lakers would get him for Luke Walton and some dirty socks.

BRHornet45
sons LOL at some of you looking too deep into this. do you HONESTLY think the Hornets will trade Paul? honestly? ... of course Paul will make the comment that "anything can happen". he isn't some egomaniac like King Krab Lebron who if would have been asked the same question would have said something along the lines of ... "no I won't be traded, Cleveland needs ME!"

sons the Hornets front office made terrible decisions over the last few years with stupid contract signings with Peja in particular. He is un-trade able and raping $15 million a year from us. Mix his contract with Paul's $13 million, Chandler's $11 million, West's $10 million, and Posey and you have little room to work with. Even with the Hornets organization making money and being profitable, that is still a lot to deal with for an owner who has a well documented history of being cheap even back from his Charlotte days. sons we are on schedule to have the highest payroll in the NBA ... nearly ANY other NBA team in our situation would be doing the same thing trying to clear up some room, but no they aren't trading Paul LOL

Hell even David Stern recently called out the Hornets in an interview. They are making money according to Stern (24:15 mark in the press conference video below). Shinn is up to his old tricks crying broke. However, David Stern knows the truth. The Hornets can afford free agents and still pay the lux tax. Shinn can either bite the bullet for 1 season, or be cheap and deal a key guy like Chandler so he can make even more money.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/06/04/nba_20090604_stern_presser.nba/index.html

lefty
What a pussy........ his team got destroyed by Denver and he is already giving up on his team

Lame attempt by CP3.....

Just like his flopping

Phillip
07-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Matt Bonner gets played 7 dollars a hour :lol

You lose
Damp > Bonner

Damps contract > Bonners contract

Damp 4-1 > Bonner 1-4

You lose.

Muser
07-17-2009, 09:01 AM
You both lose.

Trainwreck2100
07-17-2009, 09:02 AM
Damp > Bonner

Damps contract > Bonners contract

Damp 4-1 > Bonner 1-4

You lose.

Bonners 1 ring is better than damps 0

1 rings puto

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2009, 09:04 AM
:lmao trainwreck's sig

Spurs_210
07-17-2009, 09:05 AM
And thin your front court even more?? NO will be looking for salary dump but would never deal CP3. He's their money and losing he would hurt the wallet big. I mean would anyone really be going to Hornet games to watch David West lol

Thunder Dan
07-17-2009, 09:07 AM
sons LOL at some of you looking too deep into this. do you HONESTLY think the Hornets will trade Paul? honestly? ... of course Paul will make the comment that "anything can happen". he isn't some egomaniac like King Krab Lebron who if would have been asked the same question would have said something along the lines of ... "no I won't be traded, Cleveland needs ME!"

sons the Hornets front office made terrible decisions over the last few years with stupid contract signings with Peja in particular. He is un-trade able and raping $15 million a year from us. Mix his contract with Paul's $13 million, Chandler's $11 million, West's $10 million, and Posey and you have little room to work with. Even with the Hornets organization making money and being profitable, that is still a lot to deal with for an owner who has a well documented history of being cheap even back from his Charlotte days. sons we are on schedule to have the highest payroll in the NBA ... nearly ANY other NBA team in our situation would be doing the same thing trying to clear up some room, but no they aren't trading Paul LOL

Hell even David Stern recently called out the Hornets in an interview. They are making money according to Stern (24:15 mark in the press conference video below). Shinn is up to his old tricks crying broke. However, David Stern knows the truth. The Hornets can afford free agents and still pay the lux tax. Shinn can either bite the bullet for 1 season, or be cheap and deal a key guy like Chandler so he can make even more money.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/06/04/nba_20090604_stern_presser.nba/index.html

but the difference is that Lebron would actually be right. Cleveland both the city and the Cavs need Lebron. The Hornets don't need Chris Paul. They can suck without him. If Lebron leaves the whole franchise will likely fall apart

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 09:07 AM
:lmao trainwreck's sig

Like my avatar :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Like my avatar :lol

:flipoff

it's a good thing Tim Duncan is my favorite player or else idk how crazy I would have gone when that happened.

montgod
07-17-2009, 09:14 AM
what a pussy........ His team got destroyed by denver and he is already giving up on his team

lame attempt by cp3.....

Just like his flopping

+1

in2deep
07-17-2009, 09:33 AM
he's going to the Lakers. Hopefully not this season

Thunder Dan
07-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Fall apart? I mean its still in the same state of affairs before it got him. 0 Rings

If Lebron leaves they might as well just close up the Cavs franchise is what I'm saying. The organization will not recover from that

spursfan1000
07-17-2009, 09:37 AM
If Lebron leaves they might as well just close up the Cavs franchise is what I'm saying. The organization will not recover from that

Im guessing thats what your thinking they are going to do a year from now?

BRHornet45
07-17-2009, 09:37 AM
but the difference is that Lebron would actually be right. Cleveland both the city and the Cavs need Lebron. The Hornets don't need Chris Paul. They can suck without him. If Lebron leaves the whole franchise will likely fall apart

son are you trying to be sarcastic and funny .... or are you really that ignorant? The Hornets don't need Chris Paul? really?

The Hornets fucking sucked before Paul. He pretty much IS the Hornets. are we a title contender? not at this moment no. I think that is clear ... but we are a playoff team and he is the reason for it. Not to mention the fact that he single handedly made basketball popular in New Orleans, put the team in the national spotlight, and grew our fan base to sellout nearly every game.

I understand hating on the Hornets because you hate the team, the city, Paul, or whatever your reasons may be ... but to say that they don't need him is downright stupid. LMAO at a fan from such a SHIT HOLE city like Cleveland talking smack ... son you better thank God that King Crab is the media's "chosen one".

Chris Fall
07-17-2009, 09:39 AM
Hey, when things start to fall apart, sometimes you have to get dramatic to get people's attention. I'm not going to act like sticking around and continuing to get elbowed in the nuts is better than leaving. I'm just planting seeds. If my plan flops, then it flops. It's certainly worth the try.

jack sommerset
07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
What breaking news..... "Anything can happen" Is it still July? Are they running out of shit to talk about?

Thunder Dan
07-17-2009, 09:47 AM
son are you trying to be sarcastic and funny .... or are you really that ignorant? The Hornets don't need Chris Paul? really?

The Hornets fucking sucked before Paul. He pretty much IS the Hornets. are we a title contender? not at this moment no. I think that is clear ... but we are a playoff team and he is the reason for it. Not to mention the fact that he single handedly made basketball popular in New Orleans, put the team in the national spotlight, and grew our fan base to sellout nearly every game.

I understand hating on the Hornets because you hate the team, the city, Paul, or whatever your reasons may be ... but to say that they don't need him is downright stupid. LMAO at a fan from such a SHIT HOLE city like Cleveland talking smack ... son you better thank God that King Crab is the media's "chosen one".

I don't hate the Hornets or Chris Paul. I'm just saying that if Chris Paul leaves New Orleans it won't have the same effect as to it Lebron would leave Cleveland. Lebron has been one of the biggest stars in this area since he was a Sophomore in High School. If he leaves the Cavaliers franchise will crumble. Cleveland is not a basketball town, it's a football town. Lebron leaving would crush this area. That's all I'm saying. Lebron knows that so when he is arrogant, he is right.

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 09:49 AM
When a franchise player says something to that effect, rather than changing the subject, or just not commenting at all, he is saying he wants to leave.

The Hornets will not survive in New Orleans. They were not a sustainable entity in that market before the hurricane and the recession, much less now. Once enough time elapses so that people don't feel like the NBA is kicking the city while it is down, the Hornets are gone.

sam1617
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I can see the Hornets trading every single player around Chris Paul, but I don't think he is going to end up actually trading Paul.

I mean, this is the same team that had Sean Marks playing 14 minutes a game, and then tried to trade Chandler for nothing. They have no issue with surrounding a good player with crap.

BRHornet45
07-17-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't hate the Hornets or Chris Paul. I'm just saying that if Chris Paul leaves New Orleans it won't have the same effect as to it Lebron would leave Cleveland. Lebron has been one of the biggest stars in this area since he was a Sophomore in High School. If he leaves the Cavaliers franchise will crumble. Cleveland is not a basketball town, it's a football town. Lebron leaving would crush this area. That's all I'm saying. Lebron knows that so when he is arrogant, he is right.

son that simply isn't true ...

I agree with you about Lebron. If he left Cleveland, you guys would be crushed. The same can easily be said for us. Take Chris Paul out of New Orleans and the Hornets organization would crumble.

Just like you say Lebron is the biggest sports star ever in Cleveland, the same can easily be said about Paul in New Orleans .... sure Brees is huge for the Saints, but he isn't Chris Paul .... sure Reggie Bush gets RIDICULOUS amounts of undeserved media attention, but he has yet to do anything worth a shit on the field to back it up. People in New Orleans know that Paul is the biggest sports star ever to play here.

sam1617
07-17-2009, 09:58 AM

I agree with you about Lebron. If he left Cleveland, you guys would be crushed. The same can easily be said for us. Take Chris Paul out of New Orleans and the Hornets organization would crumble.

Just like you say Lebron is the biggest sports star ever in Cleveland, the same can easily be said about Paul in New Orleans .... sure Brees is huge for the Saints, but he isn't Chris Paul .... sure Reggie Bush gets RIDICULOUS amounts of undeserved media attention, but he has yet to do anything worth a shit on the field to back it up. People in New Orleans know that Paul is the biggest sports star ever to play here.

The Hornets are going to crumble anyways, for one key reason... George Shinn. Once ticket sales start to drop again, he's going to be gone faster than you can say "Hello, Seattle!"

Thunder Dan
07-17-2009, 09:58 AM

I'm not saying he isn't big. It's different when you have a kid grow up in your area, be in the spotlight since he was 16, then come to your local NBA team and turn into one of the best players in the NBA. It's different when a guy FROM YOUR TOWN, chooses to leave your town when he has everything. That is what I'm talking about. Look, we all know Cleveland isn't the best place in the world, but if Lebron stays it really gives a morale boost to everyone- of he leaves it crushes the area. That is the difference. It would be different if a guy from Florida decided to get out, but a guy FROM OHIO turning his back on the franchise would be the dagger to the NBA in Cleveland.

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 10:00 AM
But New Orleans still is and always will be a football town. It's all about the Saints and LSU, or maybe the other way around. The Hornets at their best will never be more than a nice diversion between the NFL playoffs and summer mini-camp.

BRHornet45
07-17-2009, 10:15 AM
When a franchise player says something to that effect, rather than changing the subject, or just not commenting at all, he is saying he wants to leave.

The Hornets will not survive in New Orleans. They were not a sustainable entity in that market before the hurricane and the recession, much less now. Once enough time elapses so that people don't feel like the NBA is kicking the city while it is down, the Hornets are gone.

son your pure ignorance and stupidity is comical ... its not even worth trying to argue with you about it. 10 years from now if this board is still around, people will still be saying "the Hornets will not survive in New Orleans"

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 10:16 AM

I actually agree with you...I'm not a CP3 fan by any means, but I don't dislike him as much as I dislike Lebron...Lebron is a cocky SOB...CP3 is not. And this just seems like someone trying to keep their pockets full.

BRHornet45
07-17-2009, 10:22 AM
But New Orleans still is and always will be a football town. It's all about the Saints and LSU, or maybe the other way around. The Hornets at their best will never be more than a nice diversion between the NFL playoffs and summer mini-camp.

son that is only because that is all we ever had ... when the Hornets came here, they had ONE decent year, then Shinn got cheap and the team was pure shit. then Katrina happened .... its kinda hard to build a good fan base whenever ownership is putting D-League talent on the floor every year and then your team is taken away for a year and a half. It wasn't until Chris Paul got drafted and the Hornets returned from OKC that the fan base started to grow.

Over the last 2 seasons the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana (hell even most of Mississippi as well) have embraced the Hornets. Our ticket sales are through the roof and at this moment right now we have renewed 85% of season tickets from last year (more than any other NBA team). Corporate sponsors are lining up at the door and our luxury box suites are sold out for the year. but hey .. keep on hating.

wijayas
07-17-2009, 10:43 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Seriously, if that happens, the Mavs will have a very expensive and very old back-up PG in J-Kidd. But Mavs will be better! Money is no issue for Cubes.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/attendance?sort=home_pct&year=2009&seasonType=2

New Orleans is #8 in attendance, BR is right. As long as they have CP3, they'll stay put in New Orleans and will be a profitable team. If CP3 leaves, god only knows what happens.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-17-2009, 10:50 AM
And also BR is right about the Hornets owner pulling the "small market" card. Just like Sarver, he's just trying to make an excuse about why he wants to cut payroll. If the team has a high payroll and the fans sell out every game, the owner owes it to the fans to keep the payroll high.

Darkwaters
07-17-2009, 12:23 PM

The Hornets fucking sucked before Paul. He pretty much IS the Hornets. are we a title contender? not at this moment no. I think that is clear ... but we are a playoff team and he is the reason for it.

Not entirely true. Yes, the season before Chris Paul the Hornets did suck, but that was largely because of circumstance and little more. Baron Davis and Jamal Magloire (both fresh off of All-Star games) were injured. Other injuries happened around the team including a young, inexperienced and unproven forward: David West. The Hornets were a very thin team back then still and were forced to dig deep to dry and salvage up any type of a team (the result featured rookie JR Smith). The result was an 18 win season. However, only two seasons before they had been in the playoffs. The Hornets opted to blow-up their multi-All-Star base afterwards.

Baron Davis was traded for Speedy Claxton straight up.
Jamal Magloire was traded for Desmond Mason and Milwaukee's #1 pick the following year (#15...later Cedric Simmons)

David West came back from injury and was literally an overnight sensation (finishing second that year in Most Improved voting behind Boris Diaw).

Starting 5 Paul's first season: Chris Paul/JR Smith/Boki Nachbar/David West/PJ Brown

Chris Paul made all those players better, but it was more than that. The Hornets were a team poisoned by Baron Davis and then maimed by injury. Chris Paul came in at a time of serious rebirth and thereby gains the claim to nearly single-handedly revitalizing the team.

JMarkJohns
07-17-2009, 12:31 PM
OKC should be all over this. No team can offer the amount of young talent/picks that OKC can.

Maybe Portland, but I'm not even sure they can.

iggypop123
07-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Hey, when things start to fall apart, sometimes you have to get dramatic to get people's attention. I'm not going to act like sticking around and continuing to get elbowed in the nuts is better than leaving. I'm just planting seeds. If my plan flops, then it flops. It's certainly worth the try.

son you dont compare to this flopper
http://i44.tinypic.com/2ldkeqe.gif

pauls931
07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Nash and Dragic for Paul...

JustBlaze
07-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Wow didn't realize Predrag is set on makin' 14 mil this year and 15 next year.

JustBlaze
07-17-2009, 01:45 PM
Nash and Dragic for Paul...
That's a stupid trade.

AC and KMart for Paul and Chandler.

BRHornet45
07-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Wow didn't realize Predrag is set on makin' 14 mil this year and 15 next year.

son yes it is truly pathetic ... $29.5 million over the next 2 years.

JustBlaze
07-17-2009, 01:50 PM
son yes it is truly pathetic ... $29.5 million over the next 2 years.
my condolences to the hornets nation sons

Hornets1
07-17-2009, 01:56 PM
What a pussy........ his team got destroyed by Denver and he is already giving up on his team

Lame attempt by CP3.....

Just like his flopping

Yet another classy and informative post by Lefty.

I think it's funny how much this is getting blown up. The offseason has truly started. Cp3 being humble and not putting himself above the game like Lebron has is garnering hate?

PAUL WILL NOT BE TRADED!! He's just stating that he understands the business.

Thank you BRHornet for keeping "actual" facts in this thread, and not just letting the the ignorant hate go on. There are reasons for the opposition to dislike/hate Paul, but be legitimate about it, not ignorant.

Hornets1
07-17-2009, 02:03 PM
my condolences to the hornets nation sons

Thanks!:toast

Now that Starbury isn't making $20 mil/year, this might be the shittiest contract in the league, and the most annoying part of it all is that no other team was offering anything close to what we did($ wise and length wise).

Not to mention his chronic back problems, and that he hosts a BOWLING tourny in Nola every year. Maybe YOU SHOULDNT BE BOWLING WITH A BACK PROBLEM PEJA!!

Peja is about the luckiest athlete in the world. He makes a lot of money, lives is the south of greece in the offseason(maybe the most beautiful area in the world) and is married to a supermodel. Now I no why he never gets too upset:rolleyes. Here is a pic of his wife:

http://www.gwool.com/models/li-9644/li30.jpg

Hornets1
07-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Here is a statement from the Hornets President Hugh Weber and GM Jeff Bower:

"There is no chance of him getting traded,'' Weber said sternly. "I don't know how to say it any stronger, but there is just no deal we would contemplate for Chris. I can't speak for Chris, but I think he was talking about the nature of the business and the fact that the question was asked the way it was.''

"I have not nor will I enter any discussions for him,'' Bower said."(Trading Paul) is not going to happen. I think what Chris said just shows his selflessness that he's not different than anyone else on the team.''

http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/20...ard_chri_7.html (http://blog.nola.com/hornetsbeat/2009/07/new_orleans_hornets_guard_chri_7.html)

Darkwaters
07-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Realistically this team moves Chandler or lesser pieces before they move Paul. It's tough to move the face of your franchise, especially a very functional one. Peja could be shopped for expirings and other smaller pieces might go as well. Still, why move Paul if you can move Peja?

DMX7
07-17-2009, 02:30 PM

West and Paul are the only ones who deserve those contracts. Peja was such a crazy bad move.

ducks
07-17-2009, 02:32 PM
I wonder if he think if he is traded for kobe if he could lead the lakers to a title

Hornets1
07-17-2009, 02:40 PM
Realistically this team moves Chandler or lesser pieces before they move Paul. It's tough to move the face of your franchise, especially a very functional one. Peja could be shopped for expirings and other smaller pieces might go as well. Still, why move Paul if you can move Peja?

Chandler and Peja's contract will hurt us this year and probably next summer, however they will become valuable at the 2010-2011 deadline, as they both expire after that season. We just gotta do the best we can until then and hope to stay healthy.

BRHornet45
07-17-2009, 02:41 PM

son that's the whole problem though ... we can't move Peja. no one wants a 33 year old jump shooter with back problems that is owed $29.5 million over the next 2 seasons. the ONLY possible way for us to move Peja is to include someone like Paul or West in the deal ... ain't happening. we are stuck with Peja until the trade deadline next season whenever his contract will be expiring.

iggypop123
07-17-2009, 03:17 PM
son that's the whole problem though ... we can't move Peja. no one wants a 33 year old jump shooter with back problems that is owed $29.5 million over the next 2 seasons. the ONLY possible way for us to move Peja is to include someone like Paul or West in the deal ... ain't happening. we are stuck with Peja until the trade deadline next season whenever his contract will be expiring.

look at it this way. try to dump chandler for like a second rounder to OKC. then next season peja becomes a huge trading chip cause he is expiring

BRHornet45
07-17-2009, 03:37 PM
look at it this way. try to dump chandler for like a second rounder to OKC. then next season peja becomes a huge trading chip cause he is expiring

son I wouldn't say a "huge" trading chip, but maybe a decent one at best ... no one wants that washed up, overpaid Eurotrash ...

NIH
07-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Honestly, if any team is going to make a hard run at Chris Paul it should be the Thunder. They have enough talent laying around that they can give the Hornets some valuable (and cheap) players, so it could be more than simply just a salary dump for the Hornets. And Oklahoma City would absolutely love for their exiled son to return from that dump in Louisiana.

''exiled son''. LOL. The guy played two lottery seasons for you guys and you still can't get enough of his jizz. jesus. He'd probably rather cut off a finger than return to a city where the county fair is the happening thing to do. CP3's been all over the city with guys like LeBron at the essence festival, mardi gras, etc.

Chris Paul was obviously being humble, everyone who knows the situation is saying this.

NIH
07-17-2009, 04:46 PM

No one would trade for Peja you clueless bitch.

iggypop123
07-17-2009, 04:48 PM
son I wouldn't say a "huge" trading chip, but maybe a decent one at best ... no one wants that washed up, overpaid Eurotrash ...

a crippled theo ratfliff was part of KG move

Hornets1
07-17-2009, 05:21 PM
a crippled theo ratfliff was part of KG move

Yeah, but it was one of only 7 pieces

Austin_Toros
07-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Chris Paul ain't goin' nowhere

Chieflion
07-18-2009, 10:08 AM
For people who are saying Chris Paul is saying he wants to leave, he said he believes he may be dealt. So, if he was asked a question, "is it possible for you to die tomorrow?" And he said yes, you guys would probably think it sounds suicidal.

Hornets1
07-18-2009, 01:46 PM
For people who are saying Chris Paul is saying he wants to leave, he said he believes he may be dealt. So, if he was asked a question, "is it possible for you to die tomorrow?" And he said yes, you guys would probably think it sounds suicidal.

:lolWell put. He just put on his Twitter that he "isn't going anywhere."