PDA

View Full Version : Richard Jefferson clears up rumors about cancelled wedding

Nathan Explosion
07-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Richard Jefferson joined the show to clear up rumors about how and why he backed out of his wedding.

-- Jefferson wanted to clear up rumors he pulled out two hours before the wedding, which was supposed to be Saturday, July 11.

"It wasn't the 11th hour," Jefferson said. "We decided that Sunday we weren't going to continue with our nuptials.

He said he e-mailed her on the Sunday before to let her know. On Monday, he called his family. On Tuesday, she called her family.

-- Jefferson also said the wedding didn't cost him $2 million. And he didn't leave his credit cards for his friends.

Jefferson said don't believe "unnamed sources." Jefferson said people made things up. None of his friends would have called the New York Post.

-- Jefferson said that he did e-mail her because he wanted to get his thoughts down in an organized fashion.

-- Jefferson explained why they decided to end it. "We'd been arguing non-stop," Jefferson said. "There was a lot of screaming and crying."

-- Jefferson reportedly gave his former fiancee a six-figure amount. "I didn't have to do anything," Jefferson said. "I chose to give her an amount."

-- Jefferson said he wasn't relieved or happy about this. "I'm upset," Jefferson said. "I lost my best friend."

-- Dan asked Jefferson about allegations about his sexuality that were addressed in the New York Post.

"You can't fight the internet," Jefferson said of rumors about his sexuality. "They start spreading rumors and it starts snow-balling."

Jefferson said the stories about his sexuality and other aspects of his life are getting to him. "That's the furthest thing from the truth, and it sort of pissed me off."

-- Jefferson said he wants his ex-fiancee, Kesha Ni'Cole Nichols, to come out and tell the truth and clear up a lot of the rumors.

"I probably will reach out to her in the next day or so," Jefferson said.

-- Jefferson said he was so happy to be with the Spurs instead of the Nets. He said the New York media would have been too much to handle.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

You know, I may not read the New York Post, but I do know something about its reputation. When I heard the Post was reporting the story, I knew it was a bit sensational.

Then I read the comments and everyone sound like they were reading a tabloid and responding to gossip rumors.

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 10:01 AM
in before the lock

in2deep
07-17-2009, 10:03 AM
damn this is not good for Spurs. sounds like RJ is going through a TON of shit.

Cheddz
07-17-2009, 10:05 AM

Or he'll take out his frustrations on the NBA!!!!

FTW!

Extra Stout
07-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I hear RJ is one hell of an interior decorator.

Nathan Explosion
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM

True, but at the same time, he said he liked being with the Spurs. I'm sure the team structure will be enough to help him get through some of these things. Remember, Duncan played in the playoffs with his dad dying iirc.

It was against Seattle that he missed a game, or is my memory a bit fuzzy on that one?

If true, Duncan had a lot on his mind (I know what it's like to lose a parent when you're in your 20s), and he came out alright it appears. No doubt the team had something to do with it.

Not to mention you hear athletes say that the game is their release, so for RJ, I'm sure training camp and the season can't start soon enough.

hater
07-17-2009, 10:08 AM
I hear RJ is one hell of an interior decorator.

and comments like this really helping :rolleyes

sounds like RJ is really affected by what goes on in the internets. IMO Spur fans should be the 1st ones to be supportive.

dammit! there goes our championship

Kermit
07-17-2009, 10:09 AM
I hear he picked out the wedding dress.

MoSpur
07-17-2009, 10:09 AM
I doubt he's gay.

wijayas
07-17-2009, 10:10 AM

On the contrary, I think the Spurs needs something like this to shed some of its "boring" image....:lol :lol :lol

Gervin44Silas13
07-17-2009, 10:11 AM
The New York Media....they are or have been a bunch of A-HOLES!

You wonder why the NY teams suck so much and never find any success as much due to the BS they have to deal with internal team issues and the NY media as well when their teams aren't successfull.... They :deadhorse, with a old or new story all the time!

....and you wonder why New Yorkers are the most hated people on the planet!:cuss

Shame for RJ to have to deal with it! :smchode:

Kermit
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I heard that Richard called off the wedding because his lady wouldn't allow the groomsmen to wear mauve loincloths.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Thankfully the sports media has the attention span of a three year old. For as much as we hate the lack of attention the Spurs get in the media, this is the silver lining. This story will run out of gas soon. There might be a mention or two of it when the season tips off, but it's going to be 99% "OMG, Kobe defending title! Lebron and Shaq! Skeet skeet skeet!"

Gervin44Silas13
07-17-2009, 10:14 AM
True, but at the same time, he said he liked being with the Spurs. I'm sure the team structure will be enough to help him get through some of these things. Remember, Duncan played in the playoffs with his dad dying iirc.

It was against Seattle that he missed a game, or is my memory a bit fuzzy on that one?

If true, Duncan had a lot on his mind (I know what it's like to lose a parent when you're in your 20s), and he came out alright it appears. No doubt the team had something to do with it.

Not to mention you hear athletes say that the game is their release, so for RJ, I'm sure training camp and the season can't start soon enough.

I heard that during the 2005 NBA Finals Tim was worried about Amy, she was expecting her 2nd baby during that time and seeing Tim play you could tell he was disturbed in Games 3 and 4. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Extra Stout
and comments like this really helping :rolleyes

sounds like RJ is really affected by what goes on in the internets. IMO Spur fans should be the 1st ones to be supportive.

dammit! there goes our championship
I'm amused that people care. Threads about
"oh, he's gay,"
"no, he's not, it's just a rumor,"
"look, he's engaged,"
"oh, gee, he broke it off,"
"see, he's gay"
"no, he's not, he's a spur, he can't be gay cause then i can't like him"
"stop making mean comments he's sensitive"
"he's sensitive cos he's gay"
"be more supportive on tha innertubenetz"

are endlessly hilarious, for reasons having nothing to do with RJ.

Summers

It was LA and they lost that series.

HORNSWOGGLE
07-17-2009, 10:15 AM
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::f lag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::fla g::flag:

Gervin44Silas13
07-17-2009, 10:17 AM
It was LA and they lost that series.

We played Seattle that year in the 1 st or 2nd round I think.

Kermit
07-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I'm amused that people care. Threads about
"oh, he's gay,"
"no, he's not, it's just a rumor,"
"look, he's engaged,"
"oh, gee, he broke it off,"
"see, he's gay"
"no, he's not, he's a spur, he can't be gay cause then i can't like him"
"stop making mean comments he's sensitive"
"he's sensitive cos he's gay"
"be more supportive on tha innertubenetz"

are endlessly hilarious, for reasons having nothing to do with RJ.

What about the rumor that Kesha busted in on Richard...and the best man! Hey-oh!

Marcus Bryant
07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Christ, are people actually interested in this?

kace
07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
don't know if it's about being too insecure from some members but there's way too much "gay" jokes.

there's one post about Magic on another thread that is really awful, i just don't know how this guy could not be banned for this.

and i really fear the jokes if RJ happens to have some poor games.....

MoSpur
07-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Thankfully the sports media has the attention span of a three year old. For as much as we hate the lack of attention the Spurs get in the media, this is the silver lining. This story will run out of gas soon. There might be a mention or two of it when the season tips off, but it's going to be 99% "OMG, Kobe defending title! Lebron and Shaq! Skeet skeet skeet!"

Good point. I'm glad the Spurs aren't pounded by the media like the way the NY media does to their teams.

Kermit
07-17-2009, 10:27 AM
don't know if it's about being too insecure from some members but there's way too much "gay" jokes.

there's one post about Magic on another thread that is really awful, i just don't know how this guy could not be banned for this.

Yeah. Ban that guy. And on a more serious note, someone should make sure Richard knows that a prince albert piercing is really going to freak Bonner out.

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2009, 10:45 AM
take the anger out on the court..

CubanMustGo
07-17-2009, 10:46 AM
How many times does Kori have to lock this topic and tell you idiots to quit posting it here before you get it?

Gervin44Silas13
07-17-2009, 10:56 AM

Which one?

Spursfan092120
07-17-2009, 10:57 AM
http://www.splitreason.com/Product_Images/5fdbba1bd4dd.jpg

duncan228
07-17-2009, 11:59 AM
I heard that during the 2005 NBA Finals Tim was worried about Amy, she was expecting her 2nd baby during that time and seeing Tim play you could tell he was disturbed in Games 3 and 4. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In '05 they were expecting their first child. There were rumors everywhere, especially right before game 7 when it was rumored that Amy had gone into labor and people were wondering what Duncan would do. The baby was born after the Finals, and I think they planned for a summer baby. Their second child was also a summer baby (after the '07 Championship).

Duncan was focused during that run. He's always been good at separating his personal life from his game. I think his concerns in games 3 & 4 were about his game and his team.

K-State Spur
07-17-2009, 12:41 PM

on dan patrick, he said that the trade to the spurs was the one thing he had going in his favor right now.

he'll be ready.

Supergirl
07-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Look, I don't care that he called off his wedding last minute. And 2 weeks is still last minute, but I don't really care whether he called it off 2 weeks before, 2 hours before, or 2 minutes before. I don't care what kind of boyfriend or husband he is at all, really, I only care what kind of player he is.

But on a systemic level, I do care that there are *SOME* gay/bi athletes out there, hardly any of whom have come out, none while still active in their sport. This is something all athletes should be ashamed about, because it points to a systemic problem in which it doesn't feel safe for gay/bi athletes to do so.

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2009, 01:50 PM
to be or not to be...

who cares man, thats his personal life, why should we get involve...fkn nosy ppl...

senorglory
07-19-2009, 05:50 PM
"Kesha Ni'Cole Nichols"

ROFL

I would have broken it off with her because of the perplexing apostrophe betwixt her middle name.

Ni'Cole?

Why?

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Being a NYer, I'll tell you that this market is by far the worst for athletes, not that everybody didn't already know that..playing in San Antonio is going to be much more relaxing and stress-free, and hopefully winning will take a lot of that stress off..

it's going to be a much different atmosphere, and I doubt he'll worry too much about it in the regular season..people will forget about this story in a week or 2..