PDA

View Full Version : I'm definitely getting League Pass Audio & regular this yr

Mavs<Spurs
07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
I know people will say that you shouldn't get league pass if you just want to watch your home team. And that is my main goal. But I found that when I had it before I got to see a lot of Spurs games I would have missed otherwise.
Last year, I didn't get it. This year believe is back stronger than ever.

And in case of blackout, I will get league pass Audio so I can at least listen to Bill Schoening who in my opinion is the best NBA radio announcer.
It's almost as good as watching it. You really get a feel for what's happening and can picture it in your head.

I'm excited about this coming season. This is going to be fun !

What about you ?

:flag:

Believe is back, stronger than ever !

urunobili
07-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Have had it for three in a row... direcTV in PHX with a Slingbox that i hook up to from anywhere in the world...

Is anybody in San Antonio interested in hosting a Slingbox on his/her house for me and I'll pay for the NBA LP annual subscription? I would only hook up to it when basketball/important events are being played...

PM me if anyone is interested...

www.slingmedia.com

PS I'm asking for this since it's the only way to ALWAYS get Sean and Bill calling the games as NBA LP has a fetish for using other team's announcers on our games

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2009, 10:54 AM
I've had LP every year since I started watching the NBA..definitely worth it..

ninjaskrzypek
07-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Never ordered it before, but 100 percent getting it this year with how stacked out team is

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2009, 11:42 AM
LP is the best though, seriously..not just for watching Spurs games..I've been a die-hard NBA fan forever, not just the Spurs, but I think it's for everyone..you get to catch a lot of shit like players returning, big rivalry matchups, or just random moments..

I caught Kobe's 81 when I was just chilling, watching..this season, I caught Lebron's entire 16 points in like 2-3 minutes against Milwaukee, where he was just throwing up 35-foot 3s, it was wet..

definitely worth it..

duncan228
07-17-2009, 12:06 PM
I've had LP forever and don't know how I'd get through a season without it. It's pricey, but it's worth it to me. I haven't missed a Spurs game in years. If I remember correctly, there were only 15 or so national TV Spurs games last season. That's a far cry from 82.

alchemist
07-17-2009, 12:08 PM
very good investment entertainment wise. Watching so many games during Spurs halftimes is awesome (instead of watching Chuck/whoever is doing the halftime). This will be my third year that I will be ordering it.

Muser
07-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Living in England it's a must for me so I can catch the full replays when I get back from College, don't fancy waiting up until 2 in the morning when i'm up at 6 :tu

phxspurfan
07-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Definitely. I just wish I could donate 1/2 of it to the Spurs because theyre all I'll be watching.

Manufan909
07-17-2009, 03:19 PM
This year I will. How much is it for a season again? I'm saving up for alot of stuff right, so I should start putting money aside for LP.

DPG21920
07-17-2009, 03:23 PM
If you do the early special it is usually 169.00. Online only is 99.00 I think.

duncan228
07-17-2009, 03:35 PM
If you do the early special it is usually 169.00. Online only is 99.00 I think.

I think you're right for the 'Early Bird' special they offer. I think full price last season was $189. Online is included if you buy the TV package. It hasn't gone up for me the last couple of years, I hope they don't raise it this year.

They do free previews, usually a week at the beginning of the season and another one halfway through. They also cut the price at the halfway point, and again toward the end of the season.

Most providers will split the bill over three or four months, be sure to ask. That might help make it a little easier to budget.

Some info if someone hasn't had it before: LP starts on the first day of the regular season, and ends on the last day. No pre-season, no Playoffs. Halftime varies, sometimes you get the halftime show of the team calling the game, sometimes you get 'Stats Central' from NBA TV, or a bit of an NBA TV show.

easjer
07-17-2009, 03:41 PM
We'll get LP again (though depending on how much the little one sucks of our cash flow - and it's already an expensive little bugger) this could be the last year.

Although I sort of disagree about it being worth anything beyond your own team. I'm an NBA fan. My experience with LP is that there are some interesting games out there occasionally - but most of them are already on national tv and thus 'free' as a part of my cable package. A lot of the games aren't worth watching, imo.

SFIE may disagree with me and definitely watches more than I do, but I do it solely for the Spurs.

Manufan909
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks DPG and duncan228. I hope online can have broken up payments too, like half at the start of the season, half around the 42 game mark.

SonOfAGun
07-17-2009, 03:49 PM
I might actually watch clippers games this year. WTF

I'm going to try and get a tv tuner for the pc so I can record games for personal highlight videos. The era is almost over :depressed

mexicanjunior
07-17-2009, 03:58 PM
I laid out on it last year but I have definitely reupping this year thru Dish Network...

alchemist
07-17-2009, 04:01 PM
We'll get LP again (though depending on how much the little one sucks of our cash flow - and it's already an expensive little bugger) this could be the last year.

Although I sort of disagree about it being worth anything beyond your own team. I'm an NBA fan. My experience with LP is that there are some interesting games out there occasionally - but most of them are already on national tv and thus 'free' as a part of my cable package. A lot of the games aren't worth watching, imo.

SFIE may disagree with me and definitely watches more than I do, but I do it solely for the Spurs.
I disagree, last season all you pretty much had to do was watch the 4th Q and you'd catch some amazing Non-National games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLadArTahzA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL3l3_BIAHc

Devin Harris shot alone was worth the LP $$$

TheProfessor
07-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Definitely getting it this year.

SanAntonioSpurs23
07-17-2009, 09:43 PM
I live in AZ and have got league pass for the past 4 years, it is worth it no doubt. I couldn't imagine only being able to watch 15 games......

Like someone else said though, it kinda sucks because LP likes to have the other teams announcers call the game.

SpursFan0728
07-17-2009, 10:40 PM
Does anyone know how much is Lp boardband?

I just moved to Asia and cannot catch any spurs game on tv so I plan to get it.

duncan228
07-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Does anyone know how much is Lp boardband?

I just moved to Asia and cannot catch any spurs game on tv so I plan to get it.

This year's info isn't out yet. I think DPG21920 was right with the $99 price for last year, but I don't know if it's the same price for international.

You can go here and give them your location and email and they'll notify you when it's available for this season.

http://ilp.nba.com/

sabar
07-17-2009, 10:58 PM
I get all the games locally, so I don't think I would pay that much to catch a couple scrub vs scrub games. I don't have the time to follow many games outside the ones the Spurs play, so I'll catch something on nationally if I do have time.

SpursFan0728
07-17-2009, 11:37 PM
This year's info isn't out yet. I think DPG21920 was right with the $99 price for last year, but I don't know if it's the same price for international.

You can go here and give them your location and email and they'll notify you when it's available for this season.

http://ilp.nba.com/

Thanks Duncan 228.

I just hope LP board band would be available at the country I selected in that page. I check at their FAQ and the country I am in doesn't have LP last year. :depressed

Interrohater
07-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Thanks Duncan 228.

I just hope LP board band would be available at the country I selected in that page. I check at their FAQ and the country I am in doesn't have LP last year. :depressed
Dude, find somebody with a slingbox, or a Hava platinum and you should be able to watch all the games on broadband, just a suggestion.

One thing that pissed me off last year about LP is they said that they would have some games in HD and not a single Spurs game was. Also, the broadband feed was so much clearer to me, I don't know why.

Interrohater
07-18-2009, 09:33 AM
ooh! We should all work together and help each other out with the costs because, if it works the same as last year, purchasing the LP gets you a free subscription to the Broadband league pass. Therefore, one person pays, say...$110 for the League Pass and the other person will pay $60 for the broadband. All you'd have to do is hook a brotha up with the username and password. I gave the user and pass to my sis last year and it worked fine

SpursFan0728
07-18-2009, 09:39 AM
ooh! We should all work together and help each other out with the costs because, if it works the same as last year, purchasing the LP gets you a free subscription to the Broadband league pass. Therefore, one person pays, say...$110 for the League Pass and the other person will pay $60 for the broadband. All you'd have to do is hook a brotha up with the username and password. I gave the user and pass to my sis last year and it worked fine

So lets say I pay you some $$ for broadband and you give me you username and pw, can I use your account in any part of the world? Or only those countries that have Broadband?

Interrohater
07-18-2009, 09:58 AM
well, I don't see why not, but I'm not an expert or anything. Definitely if you can find somebody with a Monsoon Hava or u buy someone a Slingbox u can watch it anywhere. But you'll need a broadband connection. U still using dial-up?

Also, keep in touch with me because I might be getting a Monsoon Hava and hooking it up in my brother's house in San Antonio, and I should be able to watch almost all the games