George tells us how things are going so far this summer -

http://www.nba.com/spurs/features/090717_hill_notebook.html

:toast

DBMethos
07-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Georgie, you old pro!

spurs_till_I_di
07-17-2009, 02:10 PM
One year in and he's already showing that spurs savvy.

Darkwaters
07-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I was not a fan of this pick when it happened. I remember sitting on my couch with my jaw on the floor when they called his name on draft night. Thankfully, I warmed up to him quickly (even despite last year's summer league) and he has proven to be more than capable since then. Props.

angelbelow
07-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Damn, it feels so good to see George Bell do well. I was pretty skeptical when we drafted an unknown point guard from a relatively small school. But after doing some research I realized this guy could not only defend, but he can score the ball. It was a little discouraging watching him play in last years summer league but the potential was definitely there. It's great to know that we draft a kid with a ton of character.

phyzik
07-17-2009, 02:16 PM
Damn, it feels so good to see George Bell do well. I was pretty skeptical when we drafted an unknown point guard from a relatively small school. But after doing some research I realized this guy could not only defend, but he can score the ball. It was a little discouraging watching him play in last years summer league but the potential was definitely there. It's great to know that we draft a kid with a ton of character.

Who's George Bell?

Darkwaters
07-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Who's George Bell?

Hes best friends with Mark Harrison.

DBMethos
07-17-2009, 02:22 PM

:rollin

Thompson
07-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Who's George Bell?

The commentator last night was terrible; he would alternate between 'George Hill' and 'George Bell.' He also mentioned 'Mark Harrison' (Malik Hairston) and had a few other flubs. In his one-on-one interview with Pop, which lasted most of the first half, you could only hear what he asked and then dead silence while Pop talked because his mic was out.

Darkwaters
07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
The commentator last night was terrible; he would alternate between 'George Hill' and 'George Bell.' He also mentioned 'Mark Harrison' (Malik Hairston) and had a few other flubs. In his one-on-one interview with Pop, which lasted most of the first half, you could only hear what he asked and then dead silence while Pop talked because his mic was out.

Donyell Taylor was also called Donyell Baylor at one point.

Ian was called "Eye-An" initially as well.

He never could really get his head wrapped around the name "Lasme" either.

The dude was a dumbass.

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2009, 02:30 PM
where are all the haters at?

the ones who said spurs shouldve picked CDR or chalmers....

GHILL3 could start on most teams...

silverblackfan
07-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Donyell Taylor was also called Donyell Baylor at one point.

Ian was called "Eye-An" initially as well.

He never could really get his head wrapped around the name "Lasme" either.

The dude was a dumbass.

Yeah, it was painful to hear that guy calling George Bell over and over. Even when he was at the FT and could take the time to read his jersey, he had the name wrong. "Well it looks like we have seen the last of George Bell. Bell played a pretty good game..." Ugh.
The Pop interview was so damn quiet on Pop's mike that you couldn't hear him over the whistles in the game.

Sisk
07-17-2009, 04:00 PM

Yeah, George Bell and Mark Harrison were great yesterday, glad we picked them up