PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Holders

El_Mago
07-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys,

My friends and I decided to purchase season tickets this year.

It's out first time ever being season ticket holders and we're pumped.

Anyways, I wanted to get some information from other season ticket holders as to what to expect as perks, etc....

The account executive mentioned playoff priority, some type of rookie session for season ticket holders, free coupons for shirts and food sometimes, a possible meeting with players and spurs officials sometime in the 2nd half of the season.

Any other insights? What have been ya's experiences?

Thanks!

PS. I highly encourage others to purchase season tickets. They got great deals and pretty good installment plans for those who seek them. Also, it's a great way to show support to Holt and the Spurs for breaking the bank this season.

The Drive for 5 :lobt2:

El_Mago
07-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Nice move.....

Yeah, I never expected to ever be able to afford tickets, but it's not too bad!

I know it will be worth it this year.

robino2001
07-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey guys,

My friends and I decided to purchase season tickets this year.

It's out first time ever being season ticket holders and we're pumped.

Anyways, I wanted to get some information from other season ticket holders as to what to expect as perks, etc....

The account executive mentioned playoff priority, some type of rookie session for season ticket holders, free coupons for shirts and food sometimes, a possible meeting with players and spurs officials sometime in the 2nd half of the season.

Any other insights? What have been ya's experiences?

Thanks!

PS. I highly encourage others to purchase season tickets. They got great deals and pretty good installment plans for those who seek them. Also, it's a great way to show support to Holt and the Spurs for breaking the bank this season.

Rookie session = how to use the internet for retards 101... essentially how do you log into your acct manager on the website and mail your tickets, print them out, sell them, etc. It was worthless.

When you renew for the next season, you get options for a year end gift... put 25% down for a deposit, get 1 of _____, put 50% down, get ____ also... put 100% down and get one per seat. Two years ago - it was a customized jersey with whatever name and number you wanted, last year is was a weak ipod shuffle with go spurs go written on it, this year is a pretty team basketball with STH 09-10 on it and a ball case... they change from year to year...

I believe the playoff priority is available after you renew for next year... this year you had the option to buy up to 8 full playoff seats as you want for anywhere in the arena. Year before, it was limited to 2 per acct within your price level. You have to play for the entire playoffs upfront.

Throughout the year, you'll get a few different t-shirts - one per seat you have. You'll usually get one when you renew for the next year too. There are usually 4 or 5 free food nights during the season... popcorn, nachos, peanuts - you'll get coupons in the mail. For the upper deck, we get random things every now and then - backpacks last year (pretty cool), 6-pack type coolers this year (eh).

There is usually one meet the players type even each year - charter, lower and upper deck get different events. I loved the one two years ago - didn't like last years as much. More you pay = better players that go.

Depending on your rep, you'll get different things. I had an awesome rep (who's no longer with them) that got me into a suite a few times, lower level seats a few times. Be friends with your rep - let them know who you are.

rayray2k8
07-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Rookie session = how to use the internet for retards 101... essentially how do you log into your acct manager on the website and mail your tickets, print them out, sell them, etc. It was worthless.

When you renew for the next season, you get options for a year end gift... put 25% down for a deposit, get 1 of _____, put 50% down, get ____ also... put 100% down and get one per seat. Two years ago - it was a customized jersey with whatever name and number you wanted, last year is was a weak ipod shuffle with go spurs go written on it, this year is a pretty team basketball with STH 09-10 on it and a ball case... they change from year to year...

I believe the playoff priority is available after you renew for next year... this year you had the option to buy up to 8 full playoff seats as you want for anywhere in the arena. Year before, it was limited to 2 per acct within your price level. You have to play for the entire playoffs upfront.

Throughout the year, you'll get a few different t-shirts - one per seat you have. You'll usually get one when you renew for the next year too. There are usually 4 or 5 free food nights during the season... popcorn, nachos, peanuts - you'll get coupons in the mail. For the upper deck, we get random things every now and then - backpacks last year (pretty cool), 6-pack type coolers this year (eh).

There is usually one meet the players type even each year - charter, lower and upper deck get different events. I loved the one two years ago - didn't like last years as much. More you pay = better players that go.

Depending on your rep, you'll get different things. I had an awesome rep (who's no longer with them) that got me into a suite a few times, lower level seats a few times. Be friends with your rep - let them know who you are.

Thanks for all the insight. :tu
I myself would like to purchase one of those 8 game packs, but it depends on who we play. :P

txallstar
07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
all season ticket holders get playoff priority usually around march is when the order goes out. it used to be you had to pay up front for playoff tickets all 16 games, now they give you a payment plan to help. all get priority for next season depends on your ticket package and years a holder

your package: full, half, or 10 game depends on the what kind of pirks you get. full season gets all the pirks better seat selection etc, meet more of the popular players ie duncan, parker, manu. just have a better shot.

not sure about 1/2 but for 10 gamers (and also those massive events for all holders) to meet players usually means players like bonner, bowen, thomas, oberto. now it's probably more like mahimi, maybe hill, bonner, possibly blair (unless he's a superstar then no)

i have the 10 game pack and each time ive moved down to better seats because i had a better selection to chose from each year because i've done it so long but you can't get on the floor or righ above it you need to purchase 25 or full for those selections 10 games will still get you lower 100s and good seats
10 game pack is awesome. you can pick rival package, wkend package, etc. for me 10 games is enough 5 before xmas and 5 after and they spread it out (although before xmas it's jammed because the season starts end of oct). i cant see going to a game every wk maybe 2xs a wk with a 42 game pack, 25 is tough also. like a chore to go to a game and then having to find people to go or sell them each time, too much trouble and time

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Hey, season tickets are awesome. They do have meetings with some of the players to get autographs throughout the season. If you can't go to a game you can always sell your tickets via spurs.com ticket exchange. You will receive 90% of the sale. You get first priority in buying any playoff tickets.

And, you usually get some discount off the face value of the ticket when you purchase them ahead of time before they open to the public. They do send out souvenir items once in awhile. I imagine this year, they will do a lot more to show their appreciation because of buying the tickets in this economy. I bet they have a Dejuan Blair and Jefferson, autograph meet and greets.

I think spur tickets are really worth it. We only have a few more years to enjoy Timmy and our runs at the ring. Might as well enjoy it now before we turn into a lottery team.:lol:downspin:

elbamba
07-17-2009, 08:58 PM
I had season tickets right behind the bench for most of the 90's. My last year in San Antonio was the year David was injured. I miss the restaurant they had in the Alamo dome. They had an all you can eat buffett that was pretty good. I've only been to the AT&T Center a couple of times, does anyone know if they have a similar restaurant there?

robino2001
07-17-2009, 09:14 PM
your package: full, half, or 10 game depends on the what kind of pirks you get. full season gets all the pirks better seat selection etc, meet more of the popular players ie duncan, parker, manu. just have a better shot.

not sure about 1/2 but for 10 gamers (and also those massive events for all holders) to meet players usually means players like bonner, bowen, thomas, oberto. now it's probably more like mahimi, maybe hill, bonner, possibly blair (unless he's a superstar then no)

Again, not true - it's based on where you sit for meeting the players. I have upper deck full season seats... two years ago it was Bowen, Horry, Damon Staudamire (right after he signed), Bonner and Udoka... pretty solid group. Last year was Bonner, Ian, Hairston and George Hill... pretty weak group honestly. I know lower bowl/charter had a solid line up - someone can correct me I'm sure. There were two seperate events, one had Bruce, Fab, KT, Hill and... one more. The other had Tony at least... I forget who the others were. Gervin and Dietrich often go to these events... Johnny Moore sometimes...

There was something right after Jefferson signed that if you bought a lower level package of some sort (I don't think it was only the full season - I could be wrong), you got a meet and greet with Jefferson.

So anyway (just in life), it's not necessarily the length of the package, it's how much you spend.

ffadicted
07-17-2009, 10:53 PM
I'd love to, but considering I'm in a different country, it's kinda out of the question lol

tonylongoriafan
07-17-2009, 11:00 PM
i'm going into my 11th season as a season ticket holder, i honestly had doubts about renewing...not because of the play of the team but the overall number of games...those mid-week games around december and january are tough if you don't have a consistent person to go with.

all the bells and whistles are good, but the main reason i've continued to remain a season ticket holder is because of the playoffs. i love playoff basketball. and i also love the location of my seats. despite being in the upper level, they are awesome (front row aisle). i had to move around several years to find them and to be honest, i haven't found better available seats that are not priced at twice as much in about 3 years...so i figure it's all worth it.

so the t-shirts and popcorn and other misc gifts are cool, but the games are what's up...nothing like being there...oh, and if someone tells you to sit down, tell them i said to go eff themselves!

meestahmeestah
07-17-2009, 11:33 PM
has anyone from spurstalk ever gone in as a group and bought a full season?

I live in Austin and I might be interested in buying into a pair of full season tickets...can't afford the whole season solo and living in Austin would make it a pain to attend enough games to make it while, but I think I could swing a few games here and there, and the partial season ticket packages they offer don't really thrill me all that much...it's usually one or two good games and a sack full of garbage on Tuesday nights for the other games.

kskonn
07-18-2009, 12:05 AM
I have had season tickets for about 4 years. I am on the lower level and have had a great experience. I was able to move up to row 10 this year, unfortunately it was available because people did not renew. The events are cool, I honestly never realized that they had different events for different levels, just thought they split them up so they would not be too crowded. I usually give up 2 of my passes to those events to friends who have never had a chance to meet the spurs, so if anyone wants to call dibs on those this year, PM me. last year I was able to get some Jerseys autographed, The only one I am missing now is Duncan, he has never been at any of the events I have been at, So if anyone can help me out with that let me know- it would complete my collection of Favorite spurs. I have Gino, D-rob, Parker, Sean E.(My personal favorite), just missing Duncan. You will not regret the purchase, it gets tough to go in the middle of the season, If you don't go to games and you can afford it I highly reccomend giving them to people who do not normally get to go for free, A few people on the board often put them on here and let posters post a "why I should get them thread" it is always fun to hear everyones stories. You are going to love it, welcome to the club.

kskonn
07-18-2009, 12:06 AM
I'd love to, but considering I'm in a different country, it's kinda out of the question lol

If you make it to the states during the season let me know and I will try to hook you up.

ehz33satx
07-18-2009, 12:25 AM
...those mid-week games around december and january are tough if you don't have a consistent person to go with.

Brother! I volunteer my company if you ever need someone to go to ANY game with you! I bleed silver and black! I live in downtown S.A. right next to the Riverwalk. Keep me in mind. Serious!!!

El_Mago
07-18-2009, 04:37 PM

Awesome info!!!!!

Exactly, how did you befriend your rep? I would love to have a rep like that. The rep I have is the account executive and we chit chatted a bit, and shoot back emails. I would love for him to hook me up, lol.

Thanks so much for the info.

Unfortunately, I can not make it on Monday night games because of a class I have, but maybe I will pass along tickets to peeps on here from time to time.

Cheers,
:flag:

holcs50
07-18-2009, 04:42 PM
EnvY! I just started putting out my resumes (of course online) to san antonio places and definitely am willing to move there or seattle besides diego for my job search. Just love SA, but if I do get a job there I will no doubt buy season tickets and try to make most of them. Man that would be a trip living in SA. never know

but congrats on the tickets man

El_Mago
07-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Thanks man, and hopefully you land a job here in SA.....

I am sick and tired of seeing the SBC half dead, a 1/4 empty, and not even sold out on playoff games.....

Thus, a passionate fan like yourself would be welcomed!

gospursgojas
07-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey guys,

!

What are the installment plans like???

El_Mago
07-18-2009, 07:00 PM
Um, you can pay, 50% of it one month, and 25% of it the next two months.

Or, break your entire payment over a 8month stretch.

Or pay in full.

Summers
07-18-2009, 10:15 PM
You also get first pick on seats for the following season, so it's easier to find better seats. A friend of mine had them for a few years and whenever her husband couldn't go, I got to tag along. They were pretty good seats.

Thanks man, and hopefully you land a job here in SA.....

I am sick and tired of seeing the SBC half dead, a 1/4 empty, and not even sold out on playoff games.....

Thus, a passionate fan like yourself would be welcomed!

While it's true the lower bowl is a lot of corporate tickets and they're not as loud as the upper bowl, I've never seen the arena not full.

Edit: I are a good speller.

txallstar
07-18-2009, 11:09 PM
Again, not true - it's based on where you sit for meeting the players. I have upper deck full season seats... two years ago it was Bowen, Horry, Damon Staudamire (right after he signed), Bonner and Udoka... pretty solid group. Last year was Bonner, Ian, Hairston and George Hill... pretty weak group honestly. I know lower bowl/charter had a solid line up - someone can correct me I'm sure. There were two seperate events, one had Bruce, Fab, KT, Hill and... one more. The other had Tony at least... I forget who the others were. Gervin and Dietrich often go to these events... Johnny Moore sometimes...

There was something right after Jefferson signed that if you bought a lower level package of some sort (I don't think it was only the full season - I could be wrong), you got a meet and greet with Jefferson.

So anyway (just in life), it's not necessarily the length of the package, it's how much you spend.

txallstar
07-18-2009, 11:15 PM

Yes I know I guess I should have said that. Forgot you could get full season in any level

Spursmania
07-18-2009, 11:18 PM
EnvY! I just started putting out my resumes (of course online) to san antonio places and definitely am willing to move there or seattle besides diego for my job search. Just love SA, but if I do get a job there I will no doubt buy season tickets and try to make most of them. Man that would be a trip living in SA. never know

but congrats on the tickets man

Good luck finding a job. :toast

robino2001
07-19-2009, 08:33 AM
Awesome info!!!!!

Exactly, how did you befriend your rep? I would love to have a rep like that. The rep I have is the account executive and we chit chatted a bit, and shoot back emails. I would love for him to hook me up, lol.

Thanks so much for the info.

Just do what you're doing now. If they have tickets that the league frees up at the last minute or something, they're more likely to give it to someone they've communicated with than some random STH on their list. I badgered mine with probably a lot of annoying questions at first just to be familiar with everything I could be and was called the afternoon of a game to be given lower level seats reserved for league officials that were unused like the 3rd or 4th game of the first season I had tickets - it just kept going from there. Show them you appreciate what they do for you and it'll be reciprocated. I have an aunt who's been a STH for 20+ years now and has never had any idea who her reps have been... in turn, she's never had upgrade seats, nights in the suites, etc.

jb4g
07-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I was glad to see them finally start offering payment plans last year, its something they should have done a long time ago IMO. There are a lot of fans that cant afford a couple grand all in one whack.

I also agree with the poster above, befriend your account rep, they can really hook you up, especially if you bring them business.

Im lucky in that I work at the arena, and my postion allows me to pretty much watch the entire game. However im not sure if they are going to have me back this season so I may have to atleast buy a 10 pack.

Also dont forget about the baseline bums, you get discounted season tickets in exchange for some community service/fundraising stuff and the occasional club meeting

rasho8
07-20-2009, 11:27 AM
I just bought two seats in the upper deck for the entire season, pretty inexpensive actually.

I didnt know about all the free stuff though, but that sounds good.

Ditty
07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
i would buy tckets if i knew i would be off weekend and get off at 5 monday-friday lucky bastards