PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom makes call to Dr. Jerry Buss

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Jim Hill reporting

I have learned that Lamar Odom had a phone conversation with Lakers owner Jerry Buss on Thursday. I am told the purpose of the call was to rebuild any bridges that Odom's agent, Jeff Schwartz may have burned by not responding to the Lakers offer of 3-years $30 million, and 4-years for $36 million.

According to reports today, Miami is offering Odom a 5-year package.
http://cbs2.com/sports/lakers.lamar.odom.2.1090930.html

:toast

ginobili's bald spot
07-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Great news. Lets put some offers back on the table.

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 09:22 PM
If this report is true, Odom will definitely be a Laker this upcoming season IMHO. If Odom had truly been offended and was looking to greener pastures, he would have no reason for placing the call. Unless of course, Dr. Buss was the one that initiated the call and Odom was just hearing him out. Only time will tell.

Leetonidas
07-17-2009, 09:26 PM
We still have to see if Portland is gonna throw any money at him.

The_Game
07-17-2009, 09:28 PM
We still have to see if Portland is gonna throw any money at him.

Portland don't want him

iggypop123
07-17-2009, 09:29 PM
they want david lee. their only competition is olympiakos cause NY wont match anything that will jeopardize lebronfest 2010

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Looking at the title of this thread and the report itself, and considering what I stated earlier in the thread - are we really sure that Odom was the one that initiated the call? Could it have been the Lakers FO that called Odom to try to rebuild the "burned bridges"? I'm not sure either way and I know that it's easier to believe that Odom was the one that called and the actual likely scenario, but I'll reserve judgment until further news is released.

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 10:03 PM
It could not be stated any clearer.

Lamar Odom makes call to Dr. Buss.

Fucking Spur fan has the IQ of a gnat.

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 10:06 PM
The dog has tucked his tail...lol

ol' yellow's coming home....:lol

rjv
07-17-2009, 10:09 PM

is this a syllogism? and one with intended irony?

Wombatzu
07-17-2009, 10:13 PM
the headline says Odom called. the story doesn't specify who called, and it also includes info that has been denied: Miami offering a deal.

Laker fans shouldn't unclench their sphincters until Odom actually agrees to sign.

actually, with Kobe around, they might not want to unclench their sphincters ever.

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Click the link.

The title of the fucking story is "Lamar Odom makes call..."

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 10:23 PM
the headline says Odom called. the story doesn't specify who called, and it also includes info that has been denied: Miami offering a deal.

Laker fans shouldn't unclench their sphincters until Odom actually agrees to sign.

actually, with Kobe around, they might not want to unclench their sphincters ever.

Odom or not, the Lakers will still skull fuck the Spurs.

Man In Black
07-17-2009, 10:32 PM
This is the problem with LAkah fan. See it's not really the team we hate. ITS YOU FUCKS or at least the FUCKS LIKE YOU.

The games gotta be played don't they? It's not a foregone conclusion. Your avatar would tell you that ad infinitum but you've been "skull-fucked" so long with Kobe losing until finally getting a gift from Memphis. I get it, you guys finally got a parade on Figueroa. BFD, in the last 5 years, the Spurs have 2 titles to the LAL's 1. It's a race to 5...My money is on Silver and Black.

bostonguy
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
Please Odom resign with the Lakers within the next 4-6 days. My buddy from LA will cover all costs of beer at the bars for one of those nights if Odom stays. Please please pretty please!:toast

kwamay_brown54
07-17-2009, 10:43 PM
hey spursfans, lets talk about spurs defense vs lakers defense. I wanna know what your opinion of the lakers strong side zone defensive scheme is, and I want to know what specific schemes and strategies will your team employ next year to improve defensively.

jag
07-17-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm sick and tired of hearing about Odom and his drama-queen antics.

IronMexican
07-17-2009, 10:48 PM
:] It's good to hear the Lakers and Odom are working this out.

Wombatzu
07-17-2009, 10:53 PM
the latest Bucher tweet:

Last LAL source said they've moved on from LO. LO source suspects same, hopes otherwise. Me? Can't fathom LAL letting Ariza and LO go.

Spurs_210
07-17-2009, 10:56 PM
Azia was drama-queen antics... This was hardball gone wrong. Odom never wanted to leave LA and now that he can't squeeze the deal he wanted and almost blew the chance of LA wanting him back he now tries to fix things. Odom helped bring in his good friend Artest so why would he do that then bounce?

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 10:57 PM

And I always wondered why you had such a horrible reputation here. :rolleyes

I realize that the title of the piece stated that Odom made the call and I even admitted that it was the most likely scenario, but could the title not be an assumption by Mr. Hill? The article itself does not specify who called and is somewhat ambiguous, no? Regardless, I'm still on record as saying that I think Odom goes back to the Lakers.

IronMexican
07-17-2009, 10:58 PM
Azia was drama-queen antics... This was hardball gone wrong. Odom never wanted to leave LA and now that he can't squeeze the deal he wanted and almost blew the chance of LA wanting him back he now tries to fix things. Odom helped bring in his good friend Artest so why would he do that then bounce?

I doubt Odom helped recruit Artest. Artest said his agent called him and said, "It's Kupchack. He wants to help you win a championship(Or become a Laker)" and Artest said he knew right away, he was signing with LA.

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 11:00 PM
I wouldn't believe anything out of Rick Pucher's mouth

Killakobe81
07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
Let's hope this gets done. Look as a long-time NBA fan we have:
the Celts loaded with talent Daniels gives them another defender.Though I doubt he plays that much ...
Spurs have an improving Hill with RJ and Dice (i dont think Blair plays a smuch as you guys think because he will want to maximize dice when TD sits ...)
Cavs added shaq and Parker
Magic have Bass, VC added to mix only losing Turk, Lee and Alston
Lakers have added Artest lost ariza

Those are 5 heavyweights with the Nugs, Blazers, Jazz and mavs kust a notch below ...
Next season the fight for HCA will be fierce ...
Also youi have to beat the Bobcats, Griz etc because the top 5-8 teams in the NBA will kill each other ...
We all win even if our team loses cus the basketball will be top notch ...

slick'81
07-17-2009, 11:32 PM
heard hes good as gone to miami

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 11:39 PM
hey spursfans, lets talk about spurs defense vs lakers defense. I wanna know what your opinion of the lakers strong side zone defensive scheme is, and I want to know what specific schemes and strategies will your team employ next year to improve defensively.

That's a whole new thread better started at Spur Forum.

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 11:40 PM

+1 This is ridiculous.

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2009, 11:43 PM
While I obviously hope Odom doesn't re-up with LA, it's definitely funny that he came crawling back to Buss, as expected..

Sausage
07-17-2009, 11:44 PM
Take it for what it's worth.

PeterBurns' twitter

PeterBurns760Odom signs with Miami. Well, they goes my late May 2010 vacation. Spurs favorites to win West now. Awesome.

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 11:45 PM
Why would a Spur's beat reporter have the scoop on this over anyone else?

ducks
odom
buss i helped with a title
i want your help with a sign and trade

carrao45

If by "Fucking Spur Fan" you mean to say "I DrHouse"

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Why would a Spur's beat reporter have the scoop on this over anyone else?

I'm wondering the same thing.

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 11:46 PM
:lmao

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 11:47 PM

Whatever you say pussy cat

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm wondering the same thing.
Yeah, why would Peter Burns get the scoop on this one? Seems unusual and clearly to be taken with a grain of salt.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2009, 11:49 PM

:lmao

Respect for carrao... soaring.....

Kindergarten Cop
07-17-2009, 11:50 PM
How reliable is Peter Burns? Does anyone follow him and have a sense of his reporting? Could this just be tongue-in-cheek or an attempt to stir up something on a slow night?

iggypop123
07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
well if anyone remembers hoopsworld said about 3 or 2 days ago bye bye boozer you are in miami and nothing has happened

Spursmania
07-17-2009, 11:54 PM
http://twitter.com/PeterBurns760

Twitter about Odom. Take it with a grain of salt.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM
How reliable is Peter Burns? Does anyone follow him and have a sense of his reporting? Could this just be tongue-in-cheek or an attempt to stir up something on a slow night?

It's strange that he would just randomly post that out of thin air, but at the same time, I don't think you can list him as credible.

YellowFever
07-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Seems like more and more people are using twitter to report every rumor they hear and when if it doesn't come true, they just say "I was messing with the people".

Shaq started this trend..the bastard...lol

(Not saying that's the case here..but it's highly unlikely a guy in SA would break this as opposed to the people in LA or MIA who are on practical 24 hour watch over this sad situation)

iggypop123
07-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Seems like more and more people are using twitter to report every rumor they hear and when if it doesn't come true, they just say "I was messing with the people".

Shaq started this trend..the bastard...lol

(Not saying that's the case here..but it's highly unlikely a guy in SA would break this as opposed to the people in LA or MIA who are on practical 24 hour watch over this sad situation)

twitter is seperate from a persons occupation so if this guy had posted an article for the local paper then he would have credibility likewise he would have never posted that because you gotta investigate the sources until you are sure. twitter-knee jerk reaction and post. just remember what chaos amare caused when he said "im going to the lakers" as for rich bucher he has been wrong alot lately. he said sheed would never do the celtics, amare was headed to GS, artest was only a rumor to LA etc. so twitter is a bitch of lies and facts

holcs50
07-18-2009, 12:09 AM
+1 This is ridiculous.

Co-sign. But on the other hand what the hell is there to talk about now? Plus, odom threads allow house to make him/her/it self look more retarded as the posts go by. Pretty amusing.

YellowFever
07-18-2009, 12:10 AM
twitter is seperate from a persons occupation so if this guy had posted an article for the local paper then he would have credibility likewise he would have never posted that because you gotta investigate the sources until you are sure. twitter-knee jerk reaction and post. just remember what chaos amare caused when he said "im going to the lakers" as for rich bucher he has been wrong alot lately. he said sheed would never do the celtics, amare was headed to GS, artest was only a rumor to LA etc. so twitter is a bitch of lies and facts

Not saying otherwise....

I'm just saying alot of people take twitter too seriously these days and everytime someone tweets something it's taken as gospel by alot of people that should know better.

Speaking of Bucher, he said just about the same thing.

He tweets something as in "I heard Lamar is going to ....etc...etc" and next thing you know it's being reported as fact on numerous basketball websites.

Spursmania
07-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Co-sign. But on the other hand what the hell is there to talk about now? Plus, odom threads allow house to make him/her/it self look more retarded as the posts go by. Pretty amusing.

Spot on:lol

Kindergarten Cop
07-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Peter Burns "broke the news" more than an hour ago and still nothing out of Miami or L.A.? I think it's safe to say that he was playing a joke or his comments were misunderstood.

Cry Havoc
07-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Peter Burns "broke the news" more than an hour ago and still nothing out of Miami or L.A.? I think it's safe to say that he was playing a joke or his comments were misunderstood.

Maybe. We've seen sporting outlets be EXTREMELY tardy with this kind of thing. The Dice signing was reported like 36-48 hours ahead before it became official.

Spursmania
07-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Maybe. We've seen sporting outlets be EXTREMELY tardy with this kind of thing. The Dice signing was reported like 36-48 hours ahead before it became official.

Didn't the McDyess signing take awhile before it became official too. Still too strange to have an SA reporter break the news first.

KSeal
07-18-2009, 12:34 AM
lol Drunken Peter Burns posting his fantasies on Twitter

Go to Miami or come sign in LA, pick one already Lamar, this shit is getting lame as fuck.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
From what I've noticed so far..Bucher speaks in code..whatever he says will happen is the opposite..

Kindergarten Cop
07-18-2009, 12:41 AM
LO could have been calling Buss to pay his respects on his way to Miami. Could be...

Good point. As someone else had stated, he could have been trying to repair the damage in order to get Buss to agree to do a sign and trade as well. I'm still very reluctant to believe the Peter Burns statement and I still feel that L.A./Odom makes too much sense - but we'll know more soon (hopefully).

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2009, 12:43 AM
Its Friday Burns is drunk

BUMP
07-18-2009, 12:45 AM
i dont see why everyone thinks that this seriously hurts LA's chances.

They still have this guy named Kobe Bryant who carried a team with starters named Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown to the playoffs and now he has Artest, Gasol, and Bynum on his team. I think they'll be fine

KSeal
07-18-2009, 12:45 AM
From what I've noticed so far..Bucher speaks in code..whatever he says will happen is the opposite..

You're just now catching on to this?

This has been glaring ever since he said he's "100% sure" Kobe Bryant will never play another game as a Laker.

Mhak
07-18-2009, 01:22 AM
Everyone is arguing who is the best/ credible scoop... ASK TMZ.... they get every thing first hand.... Before thing happens they already KNOW!!! nough said.

Mr. Body
07-18-2009, 01:33 AM
At this point I think Lakers fans would suck Odom's dick to make sure he stays with them.

carrao45
07-18-2009, 01:58 AM

They still have this guy named Kobe Bryant who carried a team with starters named Smush Parker, Luke Walton, and Kwame Brown to the playoffs and now he has Artest, Gasol, and Bynum on his team. I think they'll be fine

Denver is your favorite team now WTF?

angelbelow
07-18-2009, 02:11 AM
My laker buddies are telling me it was a drunk dial.

Wombatzu
07-18-2009, 02:14 AM
My laker buddies are telling me it was a drunk dial.

so that must mean that it was Buss that made the call while driving...

bdictjames
07-18-2009, 02:14 AM
Has Dr House ever been a bitch in this forum like this or are all Lakers fans like this when they win a championship?

carrao45
07-18-2009, 02:16 AM
Has Dr House ever been a bitch in this forum like this or are all Lakers fans like this when they win a championship?

He's always, always a bitch

iggypop123
07-18-2009, 02:29 AM

you must be new to the nba forum

Tradition
07-18-2009, 02:38 AM
At this point I think Lakers fans would suck Odom's dick to make sure he stays with them.

I would suck it and let him cum in my mouth and I would swallow it in front of hot chicks if it meant keeping Odom a Laker. The things I would do to keep my team elite.

angelbelow
07-18-2009, 02:41 AM
tmi...

Mr. Body
07-18-2009, 02:47 AM
I would suck it and let him cum in my mouth and I would swallow it in front of hot chicks if it meant keeping Odom a Laker. The things I would do to keep my team elite.

Hold on. Let me text him and see.

bostonguy
07-18-2009, 02:53 AM

Um what the fuck?

Mr. Body
07-18-2009, 03:33 AM
Um what the fuck?

I think what he was saying is he'd gladly get Odom's jizz in his mouth and swallow to make sure he stays a Laker.

SpursFan0728
07-18-2009, 04:24 AM
bad news...Odom resigning with Lakers is not the news us spurs fans want to hear.

holcs50
07-18-2009, 04:26 AM
He's always, always a bitch

LMAOOO-even his fellow fans know he's a bitch! Thats gotta hurt.

23LeBronJames23
07-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Lmao

IronMexican
07-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Yeah, why would Peter Burns get the scoop on this one? Seems unusual and clearly to be taken with a grain of salt.

Be completely honest. Does that guy know anything about Basketball? I've seen Peter burns post here and he doesn't really seem to know anything or have any insiders.

carrao45
07-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Um what the fuck?

my thoughts exactly

xellos88330
07-18-2009, 07:16 AM
I kinda hope Lamar Odom signs with the Lakers. I want to see what the revamped Spurs can do against the defending champs. It should make for a hell of a series should these two teams meet in the playoffs.

Culburn369
07-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Once you find a way to supress the uprising in Dallas then and only then even deign to contemplate the World Champs in Los Angeles.

Savvy?

holcs50
07-18-2009, 07:27 AM
Once you find a way to supress the uprising in Dallas then and only then even deign to contemplate the World Champs in Los Angeles.

Savvy?

savvy mate. Parlay??

Culburn369
07-18-2009, 07:38 AM
:tu

Brazil
07-18-2009, 09:03 AM
this whole story is annoying miami la miami la 5 years 3 years 30 36 4 years...

Indazone
07-18-2009, 09:06 AM
If Odom doesn't sign the Lakeshow will be considerably worse.

Culburn369
07-18-2009, 10:46 AM
If Odom doesn't sign the Lakeshow will be considerably worse.

Not "considerably," but admittedly, "worse."

The precise degree will be delineated over the next year, painfully & at length.

Dunc n Dave
07-18-2009, 11:42 AM

He carried them to a first round flameout. Without Odom, the Lakers are still a contender, but no longer the "hands-down" favorite they were WITH Odom.

Their bench becomes a liability for them, forcing Jackson to either play the starters heavy minutes or sacrifice some wins which means no homecourt advantage for the entire playoffs like last year...