PDA

View Full Version : Tito back in the UFC

Evan
07-17-2009, 09:15 PM
"
danawhiteufc: Yes tito and I made up

Titoortiz: yeah, me and @danawhiteufc made up. I'm expecting to be inside the Octagon again soon. thanks for the support guys - I appreciate it

danawhiteufc: Doesn't mean he's back it means we aren't smashing each other anymore and we don't hate each other.

Dana White and Tito Ortiz have a "He Tweets/She Tweets" exchange."

BE

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/17/952857/rumor-tito-ortiz-makes-amends-with

oligarchy
07-17-2009, 09:47 PM
"

danawhiteufc: Doesn't mean he's back it means we aren't smashing each other anymore and we don't hate each other.

repost

oligarchy
07-17-2009, 09:48 PM
"

doesn't say he's back

djohn14
07-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Hope So!

The TroutBum
07-17-2009, 09:49 PM
I can't stand Ortiz, I hope he rots like a pile of foreskins.

Evan
07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
doesn't say he's back

He's back...not a chance in hell Dana even breathes his name unless he's 100% a contract will be signed.

Evan
07-17-2009, 10:01 PM
I can't stand Ortiz, I hope he rots like a pile of foreskins.

which is why he and people like Brock are worth the money as long as they win.

djohn14
07-17-2009, 10:09 PM
He's back...not a chance in hell Dana even breathes his name unless he's 100% a contract will be signed.
I would agree with that.

LEONARD
07-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Tito vs Rich in Dallas would be a worthy headliner for me...they didn't have much else to throw out...

Evan
07-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Tito vs Rich in Dallas would be a worthy headliner for me...they didn't have much else to throw out...

Rich will kill him.

Tito should have taken less money and fought a decent gate keeper type LHW for StrikeForce like Trevor Prangley or gone ahead and finished off Frank Shamrocks career.

I think going back to the UFC and fighting someone like Rich for a first fight is a massive mistake. I do think Tito is close to signing with the UFC but I am highly skeptical it will be against Rich for fight one.

dbreiden83080
07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Rich will kill him.

Tito should have taken less money and fought a decent gate keeper type LHW for StrikeForce like Trevor Prangley or gone ahead and finished off Frank Shamrocks career.

I think going back to the UFC and fighting someone like Rich for a first fight is a massive mistake. I do think Tito is close to signing with the UFC but I am highly skeptical it will be against Rich for fight one.

Wow i have been crazy busy and been out of the loop.. Very interesting indeed Evan. If Tito is somewhat healthy, i don't think Rich Kills him. Would be a good scrap.. A confident healthy Tito is still dangerous..

Evan
07-24-2009, 07:49 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/62485/capture.jpg

Behrooz24
07-24-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm listening to ESPN radio ...Dana said he's flying out of the country tomorrow and he's coming back on Thurs...then on Friday there's gonna be a press conference to announce a "laundry list" of things. Hmm...

desflood
07-27-2009, 10:42 AM
The rumors are flying - people are getting excited:

One of the bigger stories to come out of Friday -- one of the craziest days in MMA history -- was the possibility that Tito Ortiz had been re-signed by the UFC. Dana White provided a little teaser via his Twitter blog welcoming back the former UFC champion. Interestingly enough, Rich Franklin also provided a tweet regarding the match-up with Dan Henderson that was scheduled to be the headliner at UFC 103. His tweet told fans that his fight had been pulled from the UFC website, although many fans are stating it was never up there to begin with.

Where does this leave us? I think you know what I'm getting at. Once I read the tweet from Dana White and listened to his ESPN 1100 interview in which he somewhat backtracked in stating that Tito Ortiz was a "possibility" with a semi-humorous tone as if he knew something we didn't, it didn't take long to put two and two together. Tito Ortiz is likely coming back to the UFC 100% healthy and ready to fight.

Even more interesting was an answer to a fan question during the ESPN 1100 interview in which White basically stated that the Franklin fight wasn't in stone yet, and that the UFC wants to give the fans fights they want to see. This further hints at the fact that UFC has done a little research into the fan reaction to the announcement of the Henderson-Franklin rematch to only find displeasure from much of the fanbase. After all, many fans simply don't want to see a rematch between the two fighters that didn't produce an unbelievable fight the first time around.

Fan speculation is beginning to point at a light heavyweight contest between Tito Ortiz and Rich Franklin as the main headliner at UFC 103. It makes perfect sense that the UFC would be willing to create this match-up. Ortiz is a man that fans either love to hate, or they love to see his abrasive personality come out and create buzz around fights. He's an obvious pay-per-view draw for the UFC, and there are still questions surrounding the potential for Ortiz to actually hang with the top-tier of UFC light heavyweights.

Add to the formula a very popular Rich Franklin who has made the successful move to light heavyweight and remained very competitive within his new division. He not only has a clean image and fan-friendly attitude, but he also has a fighting style that works off the principle of trying to finish opponents in punishing fashion. Both men combined on a major UFC event as a headliner can only bring in major buy rates for the UFC.

Will this match happen? Right now, we really only have the hints coming out of both Franklin's camp and White's mouth. Mysteriously, the Franklin fight seems to be up in the air right now, and White's hint via his tweet regarding Ortiz makes one believe it's a fight that's going to happen. It's definitely a much better bout in terms of interest from fans, and it'll draw both Ortiz lovers and haters along with Franklin's fan base.

We'll surely find out at the July 31st press conference, although White does have a tendency to hype up announcements that end up disappointing many fans. White has mentioned that "a lot of crazy things" will be announced on that date, so don't be surprised if we hear about a Tito Ortiz vs. Rich Franklin main event happening.

Of course, there are other possibilities: Dan Henderson, Mark Coleman, the list goes on and on. Bringing Tito back into the UFC with success is probably a better deal for him in the long run. He's coming off some major back surgery, and September 19th seems like a quick turnaround. Rich is also a very tough opponent, so I'm a bit doubtful that Ortiz takes on Franklin right away. In any case, the rumors are circulating.

dbreiden83080
07-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Sounds like this is happening if you buy into the rumors. I'll be pumped if it comes true. Wonder how many fights Tito would get??

Evan
07-31-2009, 07:21 AM
http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/217996/xbl0fb_medium.jpg

polandprzem
07-31-2009, 09:43 AM
Sounds like this is happening if you buy into the rumors. I'll be pumped if it comes true. Wonder how many fights Tito would get??

We can assume it will be about 3-4 fights, his contract will probably end up by the end of next year.

I don't thnik he can show much now. But he will be a legit guy. So anybody who will win with him gets a big step on the ladder to get the title shot. Like Herring at HW and like Chuck (his last fights) @ LHW

dbreiden83080
07-31-2009, 03:56 PM
BAM!!! :toast

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=21506

The Bad Boy is Back! Ortiz Returns to the UFC

By Thomas Gerbasi

It was said that the bad blood between UFC President Dana White and former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz ran so deep that reconciliation wasn’t even a remote possibility. But after a twitter exchange between the two surfaced recently, fans began speculating that a return to the Octagon wouldn’t be too far off for ‘The Huntington Beach Bad Boy.’ On Friday, White made it official, announcing Ortiz’ re-signing with the UFC during a media teleconference.

“Tito and I have history that pretty much everybody knows,” said White. “We have put all our differences aside, have squashed everything, and we’re ready to move forward. Tito Ortiz is still a guy that fans want to see fight, he just had back surgery, he’s getting back into training, he feels good and he’s ready to compete in the 205-pound division and take a shot at the title again. And Tito Ortiz will retire in the UFC.”

“I think time really cures everything,” said Ortiz. “Dana came to me and was a man of his word. He apologized to me for the things that he did prior, and for me, it (returning) was about competition. My fans deserve the best Tito Ortiz.”

One of the sport’s greatest light heavyweights, the 34-year old Ortiz (16-6-1) reigned over the 205-pound weight class from 2000 to 2003 and still holds the organization record for most successful title defenses with five. A California native who has been in the Octagon with the likes of Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Wanderlei Silva, Vitor Belfort, Evan Tanner, Frank and Ken Shamrock, and Guy Mezger, Ortiz has also posted a 1-1-1 mark against the last three men to hold the UFC light heavyweight title, beating Forrest Griffin in 2006, battling to a draw with Rashad Evans in 2007, and dropping a decision to current champ Lyoto Machida in 2008, a bout which Ortiz almost pulled out in the waning seconds with a triangle choke.

“Forrest Griffin, I beat; Rashad Evans I thought I’d beat, but they called it a draw; Machida, I gave him the best fight anybody’s given him to this point and I almost submitted him. So me coming back at a hundred percent, everyone in the light heavyweights better watch out because I’m coming full force and I want to get that world title around my waist again.”

Ortiz is currently rehabbing after back surgery in October of 2008. It was an injury that Ortiz admits had him questioning his fighting future.

There was a question there for the first month,” said Ortiz, who admits to battling various back injuries since 2003. “I was having some serious pain after surgery. I think the painkillers kinda made me forget about it a little bit, but when I would get out of bed, it was hard and there were some times I had to wake up with tears in my eyes just because of the pain. But one month turned into two months, two months into four months, then six months later I had no more soreness, no more pain, and then I started doing rehab. Now we’re back

to where I was before I started having back problems. Now it’s just the mental focus of being positive and the way Dana’s treated me so far, it’s positive reinforcement and I’m excited to back in the UFC.”

Needless to say, with his back injuries in the past, the reconciliation with White, and a settled personal life thanks to the birth of twin boys with girlfriend Jenna Jameson, Ortiz is at peace and ready to make a run at the top again.

“I think the last time I was at peace like this was when I was the champion and didn’t have back problems,” he said. “Dana being a man of his word and Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta being as forgiving and generous as they have been, I’m very, very thankful. I’m thankful for the people around me, my camp, my beautiful girlfriend Jenna, my two beautiful sons, and for my fans. The fans have stuck with me no matter what. Well, I’m back home, and I’m back where I need to be.”

Ortiz’ long-awaited return is expected in November/December of 2009, with speculation centering on a possible bout against UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman.

Evan
07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Pow!

cool cat
07-31-2009, 05:32 PM
I hope he does well but I think the massive weight cuts he has done has just worn his body down. You can only cut that kind of weight for so long.

Evan
08-09-2009, 02:22 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2ik3wht.jpg

polandprzem
08-09-2009, 03:11 PM
yukh

:lol

Stringer_Bell
08-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Here's a link to a video of Ortiz talking trash about Liddell flying Economy: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tito-Ortiz-mocks-Chuck-Liddell-for-sitting-in-co?urn=mma,182371

Regardless of the Ortiz-Coleman fight, I wonder if all the talk about Liddell wanting to come back leads him to bust his ass training for one last fight with Ortiz. It would be Liddell's second trilogy, and who knows maybe we'll see a renewed and inspired effort by Liddell?

PS: For some reason my shit never embeds right, so that's why I didn't just straight up post the video.

dbreiden83080
08-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Here's a link to a video of Ortiz talking trash about Liddell flying Economy: http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Tito-Ortiz-mocks-Chuck-Liddell-for-sitting-in-co?urn=mma,182371

Regardless of the Ortiz-Coleman fight, I wonder if all the talk about Liddell wanting to come back leads him to bust his ass training for one last fight with Ortiz. It would be Liddell's second trilogy, and who knows maybe we'll see a renewed and inspired effort by Liddell?

PS: For some reason my shit never embeds right, so that's why I didn't just straight up post the video.

I have no interest in Tito/Chuck 3. I think Tito is smack talking him because Chuck fired the fiest bomb when the news broke about Tito coing back saying "Sign me up to kick his ass again" I guess it would sell but it's a rivalry that had heat 3 years ago, it's dead now..

dbreiden83080
08-16-2009, 07:43 PM

YouTube - To embed a YouTube video just put [ youtube ] Video ID [ /youtube ]. The Video ID is the bolded part of the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FInsapjeY_M

FInsapjeY_M always copy the part after the v=

ksL9F63yi8I&feature=player_embedded

angelbelow
08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
lol im half way thru the youtube video and hes talking some trash to chuck.. i wonder how this will turn out

Evan
08-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Mark ’The Hammer’ Coleman will face Tito Ortiz at UFC 106 which takes place on November 21st in Las Vegas, Nevada.

A source close to Coleman told Fighters Only the veteran fighter and former light-heavyweight champion agreed to the match and date earlier today.

The fight had already been widely speculated on messageboards since Ortiz dropped hints in interviews, but was not made definite until today.

http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2940