PDA

View Full Version : This is why I love Direct TV

Vinnie_Johnson
07-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I call them up today to threaten to cancel my NFL Sunday ticket. I tell them times are tough and I just can't afford the thing this year. It's close to 300.00 now with the super fan. The guy tells me well if it just about the price let me see what I can do. He starts to give me credits to my account by the time he is done he says how about 125.00 for the season. Umm okay I say thanks Mr Direct tv dude you rock. This is the third year in a row I have done this little move. Lets see your cable company cut you a break like this.:toast

Udokafan05
07-17-2009, 10:07 PM
DirecTV always gives free stuff if you complain a little bit. The biggest problem is reception when it rains. I hate the commercial when people say they had a signal during a hurricane, and mine sometimes goes out in light rain.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-17-2009, 10:10 PM
DirecTV always gives free stuff if you complain a little bit. The biggest problem is reception when it rains. I hate the commercial when people say they had a signal during a hurricane, and mine sometimes goes out in light rain.

That sucks mine never goes down when it's raining. If it rains super hard it will freeze for a second or two.

BlackSwordsMan
07-17-2009, 10:29 PM
i like grande

Wild Cobra
07-17-2009, 11:19 PM
I hate the commercial when people say they had a signal during a hurricane, and mine sometimes goes out in light rain.
If a light rain degrades or drops your reception, then your system has a problem, or the antenna isn't aimed right. It should take monsoon type rains to knock out your signal.

Frenzy
07-17-2009, 11:37 PM
I been meaning to try out a dish. But everyone that i know who has it (about 6 ppl) say it goes out in bad weather. I have had Time Warner for about 3 or 4 years and have gotten months free when ever I have threaten to cancel. That's back when I had money problems. I been fine since so no need to ask... but still I think I pay to much for 100 channels and internet.(90$) I have not asked for discounts or threaten to leave every since they introduced the "price lock" thing. They make it seem all awesome.... it's just like a contract ppl!

been thinking of switching...but I don't like contracts...I got suckered into this one I'm in now simply by not getting my mail...

letter basically said "if you wish to accept the price lock... do nothing. But if you wish to not receive price lock call by may 24th" I don't read my mail often so I read it in june....a tad to late

Jacob1983
07-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Speaking of Direct TV, isn't NBA TV going to be on the same level as NHL Network, NFL Network, and MLB Network? I've heard that NBA TV will be available to more customers when the new season starts. Right now, you have to have like the most extreme package to get it. I think it sucks right now that you get to watch NFL Network, NHL Network, and MLB Network but NBA TV is like a step above those 3 channels. It doesn't make sense.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Speaking of Direct TV, isn't NBA TV going to be on the same level as NHL Network, NFL Network, and MLB Network? I've heard that NBA TV will be available to more customers when the new season starts. Right now, you have to have like the most extreme package to get it. I think it sucks right now that you get to watch NFL Network, NHL Network, and MLB Network but NBA TV is like a step above those 3 channels. It doesn't make sense.

You need to add The Sports pack to get it you are right it should just be a regular channel.

Jacob1983
07-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Exactly. It should be a regular channel. I've heard that's it gonna be regular just like the other pro league channels by the start of the 09-10 season.

robino2001
07-18-2009, 12:06 PM
I pull the same move with whatever tv company I have every 6 months... did it to AT&T Uverse this Thursday... got a $50 credit and $30 off a month for 6 months. Simply call them up, tell them your disconnecting and going to another company unless they can provide similar prices. Any one who doesn't do it is throwing money away.