PDA

View Full Version : Which Laker fans are in a greater stage of denial?

Gutter92
07-17-2009, 11:47 PM
The ones we have a pleasure talking to here, or the ones on realgm? Read this topic:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=928703

Apparently, the Lakers can take the loss of both Ariza/Odom and still be the favorites and repeat...:lmao

timvp
07-17-2009, 11:48 PM
Gasol with Kobe as his sidekick is a pretty damn good duo . . .

Gutter92
07-17-2009, 11:49 PM
Gasol with Kobe as his sidekick is a pretty damn good duo . . .

I agree, Kobe is arguably the best second option ever. Arguably.

Spurs_210
07-17-2009, 11:52 PM
Still the Champs so they're still the team to beat...

DrHouse
07-17-2009, 11:53 PM
The Lakers are ridiculously stacked, with or without Odom.

Him on the team basically guarantees a ring.

Cry Havoc
07-17-2009, 11:53 PM
The ones we have a pleasure talking to here, or the ones on realgm? Read this topic:

Apparently, the Lakers can take the loss of both Ariza/Odom and still be the favorites and repeat...:lmao

There are a number of Lakers fans on this forum that are very realistic and objective.

Spurs_210
07-17-2009, 11:55 PM

Here comes the dumbest Laker fan on this board^

z0sa
07-18-2009, 12:01 AM
The Spurs, and NBA got significantly better. The Lakers are trying to retain the talent they had.

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Laker fans are a special breed though..they have the amazing talent to contradict previous statements and opinions in record time..they flip-flop on players all the time, depending on what their argument is on that given day..

A lot of them have actually tried to make the argument that the team might be better off without Odom, if you read through some of those pages..it makes sense in their minds though, since they're still on the Wilt Bynum hype..

They truly are scum..I don't really care if I offend anybody, it's just the honest truth..they really annoy me..EASILY the least knowledgeable fans in the NBA, there's no debate IMO..then you mix in the obnoxiousness, the arrogance, and the fact that they actually cheer for alleged rapists and wife/animal-beaters..what a special breed..

the equivalent of Nazi followers..

ehz33satx
07-18-2009, 12:14 AM
You forget they tear their city up, turn over and burn police cars, smash store front windows, beat on their fellow citizens.....

Macca76
07-18-2009, 12:15 AM

Pretty premature thing to say, don't you think ?

carrao45
07-18-2009, 12:20 AM
The Spurs, and NBA got significantly better. The Lakers are trying to retain the talent they had.
Lakers upgraded with Artest, and a healthy Bynnum averaged 14 and 8 last season. those two alone upgrade the Lakers a lot

HarlemHeat37
07-18-2009, 12:22 AM
You forget they tear their city up, turn over and burn police cars, smash store front windows, beat on their fellow citizens.....

that's the reaction when they actually WIN the title..

quite the logic, isn't it?..

ezau
07-18-2009, 12:23 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Gutter92
07-18-2009, 12:25 AM
Harlem, they accused me of being you! lol

ehz33satx
07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
that's the reaction when they actually WIN the title..

quite the logic, isn't it?..

They tear their city up when they lose in the Finals too!

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Lakers upgraded with Artest, and a healthy Bynnum averaged 14 and 8 last season. those two alone upgrade the Lakers a lot

How is he supposed to stat healthy with nobody to spell him off the bench?

FireDavidStern
07-18-2009, 12:32 AM

Which is why the Lakers had no trouble with the Nuggets.

howbouthemspurs
07-18-2009, 01:16 AM

The Lakers are stacked like a jenga tower with only one remaining piece holding everything up. And once that piece is pulled it will all come crashing down!!

td4mvp3
07-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Laker fans are a special breed though..they have the amazing talent to contradict previous statements and opinions in record time..they flip-flop on players all the time, depending on what their argument is on that given day..

A lot of them have actually tried to make the argument that the team might be better off without Odom, if you read through some of those pages..it makes sense in their minds though, since they're still on the Wilt Bynum hype..

They truly are scum..I don't really care if I offend anybody, it's just the honest truth..they really annoy me..EASILY the least knowledgeable fans in the NBA, there's no debate IMO..then you mix in the obnoxiousness, the arrogance, and the fact that they actually cheer for alleged rapists and wife/animal-beaters..what a special breed..

step away from the ledge, dude. let's try not to trivialize the deaths of millions of people with fans of a basketball team. you're not laker fan lame, after all. :king

Mr. Body
07-18-2009, 01:20 AM

Without Odom, I wonder where they are vis-a-vis talented teams in the league. Probably behind San Antonio, maybe Orlando and a healthy Boston. Depending on what happens, behind Cleveland, Dallas and Miami.

With Odom, they're about even with San Antonio.

Mr. Body
07-18-2009, 01:21 AM

How do you upgrade with a player already on the roster?? :rollin

DrHouse
07-18-2009, 01:28 AM
Without Odom, I wonder where they are vis-a-vis talented teams in the league. Probably behind San Antonio, maybe Orlando and a healthy Boston. Depending on what happens, behind Cleveland, Dallas and Miami.

With Odom, they're about even with San Antonio.

I don't think a team that got soundly beaten by a pathetic Mavericks squad 4-1 in the 1st round despite having HCA can claim superiority over a team that just won the NBA championship.

ezau
07-18-2009, 01:30 AM
I don't think a team that got soundly beaten by a pathetic Mavericks squad 4-1 in the 1st round despite having HCA can claim superiority over a team that just won the NBA championship.

Lol Ron Artest
Lol Ariza
Lol Odom

Mr. Body
07-18-2009, 01:38 AM

I don't think a team that got swept by the Pistons in the 1989 Finals can say they will be competitive this year.

God, you're a goddamn disgrace.

Danny.Zhu
07-18-2009, 02:26 AM

Lakers did have superiority over the Rockets last season. Good job.

JWest596
07-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Lakers suck. If they did have a revolving door on their bandwagon, they'd have no fans at all.

It's the only true constant in the universe.

Halberto
07-18-2009, 02:44 AM

The year after the Heat won the championship they got swept the first round....

so I don't think your point holds as much merit as you think it does

Mr. Body
07-18-2009, 02:48 AM
The year after the Heat won the championship they got swept the first round....

so I don't think your point holds as much merit as you think it does

I see the same scenario occurring this year. Not only might they lose Odom, they'll have the whole league gunning for them.

DrHouse
07-18-2009, 10:58 AM
The Spurs were not going to win it all last season even with a healthy Ginobili.

They had subpar defense, a weak frontcourt, and no bench.

Stop being ridiculous.

And LA was such a weak champion they went 4-0 against both BOS and CLE. It's not their fault neither of those teams were good enough to make it to the Finals. And for the record, I don't think even with a healthy KG that BOS makes it past CLE without HCA. That's just not happening, considering a far inferior Cavs team took them to 7 games the previous season.

ffadicted
07-18-2009, 12:34 PM
My favorite part about that thread was the "Bynum is a Duncan stopper" comment.

Also, if the Miami thing goes down, LA basically traded Odom and Ariza for Artest. They don't have to suck now, but they're surely not as good.

EricB
07-18-2009, 12:37 PM

You do realize the Spurs upgraded at alot of positions right?

Shit, there I go babbling to the damn trolls again....

pad300
07-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Lakers suck. If they did have a revolving door on their bandwagon, they'd have no fans at all.

It's the only true constant in the universe.

Actually, it's not so much that the Lakers suck. They've got some good players and good coaching. Sure, they have some complete buttholes on the team, but most teams have had those over the years... It's their fans. Lakers fans are complete dicks. You can't have a civil conversation with them. Just look at Dr. House... No matter which forum you go to, there they are. Complete losers with nothing better to do than trolling. With attitude worse than T-park and spork-killer combined.

WayOutWest
07-18-2009, 12:49 PM

step away from the ledge, dude. let's try not to trivialize the deaths of millions of people with fans of a basketball team. you're not laker fan lame, after all. :king

It's posters like HarlemHeat that make me realize the Lakers didn't get ALL the morons as fans, every other team in the league has at least one.

Halberto
07-18-2009, 12:50 PM
The Spurs were not going to win it all last season even with a healthy Ginobili.

Stop being ridiculous.

And LA was such a weak champion they went 4-0 against both BOS and CLE. It's not their fault neither of those teams were good enough to make it to the Finals. And for the record, I don't think even with a healthy KG that BOS makes it past CLE without HCA. That's just not happening, considering a far inferior Cavs team took them to 7 games the previous season.

God... am I reading this shit?

You say that with a healthy KG, the Celtics (essentially the same team from last year with maturing, young talent) weren't good enough make it past Cleveland. Your argument? That they went 7 games against them the previous year... so what. A hobbled Rockets team took the Lakers to seven games, but that doesn't mean next year a healthy Rockets team with Ariza would beat the Lakers. Despite the length of the series, the Celtics beat the Cavs and then humiliated your "ridiculously stacked" Lakers.

Another day, another retarded post from Dr. House :wakeup

Rob123
07-18-2009, 01:03 PM

Stop being ridiculous.

This Guy's a Gimmick, has to be.

He says the Spurs are uncertain because the future hasnt played out, but the Lakers are a lock to not only be better, but repeat after losing two KEY players, not role players, KEY players.

He's a Gimmick I tell you, or he's 9 with that line of logic. There's no way any person with a rationale thought can come up with a line of thinking that asinine.

Oh and my favorite part of his argument, the lakers will be better next year because of experience. Because only the team that wins the Championship gains experience, every other team in the league starts at exactly the same as they did last year. George hill will still be a rookie, and Hairston will play like he's just been brought up from the toros.

Darkwaters
07-18-2009, 01:05 PM

He says the Spurs are uncertain because the future hasnt played out, but the Lakers are a lock to not only be better, but repeat after losing two KEY players, not role players, KEY players.

He's a Gimmick I tell you, or he's 9 with that line of logic. There's no way any person with a rationale thought can come up with a line of thinking that asinine.

:dont

SonOfAGun
07-18-2009, 01:08 PM
The Lakers are stacked like a jenga tower with only one remaining piece holding everything up. And once that piece is pulled it will all come crashing down!!

lol

stacked like a jenga tower

nice

DrHouse
07-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Oh and my favorite part of his argument, the lakers will be better next year because of experience. Because only the team that wins the Championship gains experience, every other team in the league starts at exactly the same as they did last year. George hill will still be a rookie, and Hairston will play like he's just been brought up from the toros.

First of all the Lakers haven't LOST Odom. In all likelihood they resign him, which means this offseason was a success. I'm of the belief that Ron Artest is a better player than Ariza and will upgrade the Lakers at the SF spot, he is a player we've been wanting on the team for a LONG time.

Adding Ron Artest and keeping the core intact means the Lakers will be a better team next season than they were this season. The Lakers will not only have the talent superiority over just about every NBA team, they will have the championship mettle to boot.

I couldn't care less about George Hill or any of your other sophmore players because the Lakers core is better than the Spurs core right now. Assuming Odom resigns the benches will cancel each other out. And we all know Phil has the edge over Pop. I'm not terribly worried about the Spurs.

Spurs_210
07-18-2009, 03:55 PM
First of all the Lakers haven't LOST Odom. In all likelihood they resign him, which means this offseason was a success. I'm of the belief that Ron Artest is a better player than Ariza and will upgrade the Lakers at the SF spot, he is a player we've been wanting on the team for a LONG time.

Adding Ron Artest and keeping the core intact means the Lakers will be a better team next season than they were this season. The Lakers will not only have the talent superiority over just about every NBA team, they will have the championship mettle to boot.

I couldn't care less about George Hill or any of your other sophmore players because the Lakers core is better than the Spurs core right now. Assuming Odom resigns the benches will cancel each other out. And we all know Phil has the edge over Pop. I'm not terribly worried about the Spurs.
Really better than Boston too? Lakers core better than the Spurs core?? With every post you seem more and more like a homer who really has no idea what your talking about. Its like you just watch Laker games and nothing else cause your knowledge of the game seems very little.

DrHouse
07-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Your role players have changed but the core hasn't.

And it's the core that is your problem. Duncan's knees, Ginobili's ankles.

Nathan Explosion
07-18-2009, 06:17 PM
The Lakers core has 1 title while the Spurs core has 3. So not only has the Spurs core accomplished more, they also have MORE championship mettle. Boston however is a superior team talent wise compared to LA.

Boston has KG Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG and Wallace to throw at Fisher, Kobe, Artest, Gasol and Bynum.

And don't be so sure about Odom resigning. Remember, while the Heat aren't more money per season, the contract they're offering comes out to about $34 million over 5 years as opposed to $27 million over 3. So in reality, Odom is guaranteed a paycheck for longer, and the value of the contract is more. Throw in the fact that Florida has no state income tax (reportedly saving him about $1 million a year) and Miami starts becoming a really attractive destination.

Finally, Odom wants to be near the beach and no beach in the US can challenge South Beach as far as nightlife and scenery. Well, maybe the beaches in the Hamptons.

If the Lakers lose Odom, they've dropped down in talent and lost they're biggest mismatch in Odom. Add in the fact they've lost they're best defender on the quick point guards in the league and Laker fans should be worried.

But of course, the bandwagoners are too stupid/arrogant to realize it. I have a vendor at work who's from LA and is a knowledgeable, respectable sports fan. He brings his talk and backs it up with sound facts. And he's not afraid to admit when his team has taken a step back. A manager at my store, from San Diego, is also that way.

Then I have a partner (who I still think is spork because of how much he acts like him) who claims that the Lakers are a lock to win the title even if Odom bolts. Of course, the only way the guy talks about the Lakers is if I steer the conversation that way. Otherwise, he'll talk about how much the Spurs suck all day long.

So I don't count him as a Lakers fan really.

Spurs_210
07-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Your role players have changed but the core hasn't.

And it's the core that is your problem. Duncan's knees, Ginobili's ankles.

Still not proving any point unless you can sit there and say you personally examined both and they will not be healthy next year. Also since when as a core been all it takes? Once again your knowledge or lack there of is getting the best of you. Role players are very important and when it comes to building a team its all about surrounding your core with the right role players to make a run. If you took the Laker core and compared it to the Spurs they are pretty evenly matched on paper. Yes, health will be the determining factor of who will win the west. Granted if both teams are healthy then it will be a good series and will come down to the wire.

spurspf
07-19-2009, 06:07 AM

Stop being ridiculous.

Hey, I know who this guy is. Phoenix was no longer a viable option to fuck with the Spurs, so spurmskiller became Dr. House.

satria
07-19-2009, 08:14 AM

If both Gasol and Bynum are healthy, LO won't even be in there during crunch time, and LO is less important to the Lakers now after the Artest signing, because they have Artest to initiate the offense for the 2nd unit. It's not like 5 bench players subs in for all 5 starting players at the same time. Either Kobe or Artest and Gasol or Bynum will be in there with the 2nd unit, and LO's biggest asset to the Lakers of initiating the offense won't be missed because Artest has handles and more offensive game than LO.

Defensively and rebounding wise, Artest and Powell are better than Ariza and LO, and on half court sets offensively they are also better. Powell has a better midrange jumper than both LO or Ariza, is also a better rebounder, and with Artest's ability to handle the ball and initiate the offense, Powell could be a better fit than LO on the 2nd unit with Artest. It also gives the Lakers' more flexibilty on offense, like posting up Artest and spreading the floor out with Powell's ability to hit to outside shots. LO on this Lakers squad is the 5th option at best, LO doesn't post up much on offense he's either taking jumpshots or taking his man off the dribble. Artest could do both and is also a better postup player than LO. Lakers will loose alot of speed on the 2nd unit, but at the same time the Lakers' are much more physical team with Artest and Powell.

On the Spurs side, Bowen has always been clutch against the Lakers and always played Kobe physically. Jefferson I don't see as a good fit with the Spurs. He will add more speed to the Spur's and will be awesome on fast breaks, but during the playoff's when the game's slowed down, his inconsistent jumper will cause the opposing teams to collapse more on Duncan and Parker, and defensively I don't think he can guard Kobe or Artest.

McDyess has declined quite alot, I really don't see him having much more of an impact than that of Kurt Thomas. Both Gasol and Bynum have a tougher time of scoring on strong and taller players and McDyess at this point in his career isn't the answer. McDyess doesn't have enough length and with his declining athletic ability won't be much of a factor.

P.S. Gutter, from the stuff you write, you 're no better off than bandwagon Lakers' fans, who just talk trash and try to put the other teams down, instead of talking basketball and respecting the other fan bases. Ofcourse having LO give sthe Lakers a better chance and more options, but even without LO, Lakers are still the team to beat and quite possibly with the addition of Artest could be a better playoff team.

satria
07-19-2009, 08:28 AM

Stop being ridiculous.

I agree with you on the weaken defense and the frontcourt, but with Ginobili and Hill I'd like to have them come off the Laker's bench, those 2 are what the Lakers' need.

dc_spursfan
07-19-2009, 08:59 AM
As champs the Lakers are the team to beat. However, if they can't resign Odom LA and Spurs are basically even. Kobe is great but Manu can come close to Kobe in scoring and Parker can make up the rest of the difference with his mismatch against Fisher.

Side note: Did anybody else Lol'd at these two posts

False , The Lakers have owned the Spurs this decade .

We also have 2 Duncan stoppers in Bynum and Gasol. Both of them play Duncan we well as anyone in the league.Gasol a Duncan stopper. lmao..Did people already forget how Duncan abuse Gasol in the WCF just a year ago. Also this year Duncan avg 17 points against LA.

The_Game
07-19-2009, 12:56 PM
even without Odom Lakers have a great trio in Kobe, Gasol and Artest with Bynum staying heathly thats another big scoring option too. L.A without Odom won;t be favourites to win it all but still would have a good chance at making the finals.

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't disagree at all about the Lakers still being a legit title contender without Odom, that's obvious..no way they're the favorites without him though, their bench would be extremely weak, and Bynum is still a question mark right now..

Demo Dick Marcinko
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM

a better analogy would have been that they are a mindless grouping of lemmings committing mass suicide. in other words they're just toting the company line.

Nathan Explosion
07-19-2009, 01:38 PM
Odom was a much bigger matchup problem than Laker fans are letting on. At times, the Lakers rolled with Bynum, Gasol and Odom on the frontcourt. You're talking about 2 7 footers and another who's 6'10" with long arms. offensively and defensively that's tough.

Again, what people fail to mention about Artest is that he's not able to guard the quick PGs like Ariza could. That leaves either Kobe or Fisher to guard Parker. And if Gino is healthy, then I wouldn't want Artest trying to guard him either. Artest is a physical defender but Gino is too crafty and quick for Artest to body up. So the only legit option for that is Kobe. But wait, Kobe has to guard Parker.

So the Spurs actually have the advantage over the Lakers on the perimeter as they'd have two legit scoring threats that can create their own shot, initiate the offense, hit outside shots and get to the rim.

Artest and RJ are a wash as are Duncan and Gasol. So that basically leaves Bynum vs McDyess. You know what you're getting with McDyess but Bynum is such a headcase that you don't know what kind of player he's going to be.

timtonymanurich
07-19-2009, 01:49 PM
LA will be 3rd in the West with any luck, Ronnie Artest will find someway to sabotage the Lakers and demand the ball in crunchtime and when he doesn't get it he'll run into the stands and attack Jack Nicholson and then go lay on the scores table. I'm going to hereby curse the Lakers with a key injury this year, and watch Kobe the brat's contract expire and get moved to NY or somewhere where all the rapists and stachetories can waive their banners and welcome their king 'Kobe' back home. LA is a joke and Phil J needs to retire. The guy barely has the mental wherewithall to go another season with Kobe at the helm doing Phils job for him.

SA will surprise everyone (though it won't BE a surprise to us Spurs fans) and will represent the West in the Finals in June. #5 for Timmy and Popovich!!!

EmantheSpursFan
07-19-2009, 02:05 PM
LA will be 3rd in the West with any luck, Ronnie Artest will find someway to sabotage the Lakers and demand the ball in crunchtime and when he doesn't get it he'll run into the stands and attack Jack Nicholson and then go lay on the scores table. I'm going to hereby curse the Lakers with a key injury this year, and watch Kobe the brat's contract expire and get moved to NY or somewhere where all the rapists and stachetories can waive their banners and welcome their king 'Kobe' back home. LA is a joke and Phil J needs to retire. The guy barely has the mental wherewithall to go another season with Kobe at the helm doing Phils job for him.

SA will surprise everyone (though it won't BE a surprise to us Spurs fans) and will represent the West in the Finals in June. #5 for Timmy and Popovich!!!

even worse Artest is going to attack Jack NIcholson during a clipper game and fans or each team are going to start fighting each other! LA is going to spiral into chaos and with the city divided stern decides to move the lakers to Seattle and Ron is banned from the NBA forever! :rollin

DrHouse
07-19-2009, 02:37 PM
The only people who are in denial are Spur fans who adamantly believe that Ron Artest is going to make the Lakers a worse team than if they had Ariza.

DPG21920
07-19-2009, 02:39 PM
The only people who are in denial are Spur fans who adamantly believe that Ron Artest is going to make the Lakers a worse team than if they had Ariza.

Do you ever STFU? Stop talking. Please. Everyone was right about you; you are an idiot and never stop.

Spurs_210
07-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Artest won't make them any worse but losing Odom will. Artest is an upgrade defensively but quit acting like he is some stud offensively. That end of the court he is the same if not worse.

carrao45
07-19-2009, 04:06 PM
How is he supposed to stat healthy with nobody to spell him off the bench?

Pau plays center too quite often. And Josh Powell would spell them, of course whether or not Powell is a good bench player remains to be seen

carrao45
07-19-2009, 04:08 PM
How do you upgrade with a player already on the roster?? :rollin

He would be an upgrade over the playoff Lakers where he was playing injured. Idiots. An upgrade over the playoff Lakers that won the title i might add

cornbread
07-19-2009, 06:41 PM
I don't forsee the best teams in the league being plagued by injuries two years in a row. There are several teams that have a great shot it at next year.

Rummpd
07-19-2009, 08:59 PM

Baloney the reloaded Spurs have nothing to fear from the Spurs if they gell and stay healthy!

SpurCharger
07-20-2009, 12:31 AM

Classic Post! Couldnt of agreed with you anymore!

SpurCharger
07-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Odom was a much bigger matchup problem than Laker fans are letting on. At times, the Lakers rolled with Bynum, Gasol and Odom on the frontcourt. You're talking about 2 7 footers and another who's 6'10" with long arms. offensively and defensively that's tough.

Again, what people fail to mention about Artest is that he's not able to guard the quick PGs like Ariza could. That leaves either Kobe or Fisher to guard Parker. And if Gino is healthy, then I wouldn't want Artest trying to guard him either. Artest is a physical defender but Gino is too crafty and quick for Artest to body up. So the only legit option for that is Kobe. But wait, Kobe has to guard Parker.

So the Spurs actually have the advantage over the Lakers on the perimeter as they'd have two legit scoring threats that can create their own shot, initiate the offense, hit outside shots and get to the rim.

Artest and RJ are a wash (AS ARE DUNCAN AND GASOL). So that basically leaves Bynum vs McDyess. You know what you're getting with McDyess but Bynum is such a headcase that you don't know what kind of player he's going to be.

Are You Kidding me???? Gasol Has Game, but come on...... Im taking duncan over anyone in any matchup of the bigs......

thOOdee
07-20-2009, 12:59 AM
I agree, Kobe is arguably the best second option ever. Arguably.

sweet back hand

DrHouse
07-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Kobe can't win without Shaq.

Lakers haven't done shit since '02.

Oh wait...

Spurs_210
07-20-2009, 01:43 AM

Oh wait...
Still no point...

Zee Laker
07-20-2009, 01:58 AM
- Who gives a shit who is the fav b4 the season starts?

- This coming season, there is no clear fav anyway. The spurs retooled, The C's are stacked. Orlando retooled. Denver is still dangerous

- Each fan base have homers in it. Lakers, Spurs, Magic ect ect

slayermin
07-20-2009, 03:01 AM

Oh wait...

Christ. We get it. We have no chance. STFU already. :deadhorse

Man, I miss LakerGod. At least he made me laugh.

whottt
07-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Eh, the Lakers were probably the legit champion last year, I don't care who was healthy or not. They got long and tall after the rest of the league had gone small..and Phil Jackson developed the young Laker players into a formidable team unit.

I don't believe the Lakers would have beaten us in 2008 if Manu had been healthy. Even if they had, it would have said as much about the physical asskicking the Hornets gave us as it did about LA.

Last year they would have beaten us, we had no size, rebounding, shotblocking or atheleticism.

But a big part of what started giving the Lakers the upperhand against us was Ariza, he was a factor in us losing to LA. I am glad to see him go.

Going into next season...

Phil getting his hands on a guy like Artest is never a good thing. Phil can get the most of out of a player like Artest, he's proven it many times. Artest will be a machine living up to his potential after a year under Phil...

But Laker fan is in a serious case of denial if he thinks the Spurs didn't add some major firepower...

LakerFan also doesn't realize that age is creeping up on his team like a thief in the night.

He points out injury potential of Duncan and Manu, yet ignores that of Bynum, Artest and Gasol. I'll be real suprised if Manu is injured at playoff time 3 years in a row.

And how long can Phil keep it going? I have no doubt that if he left you guys would not win a championship, but even he has to have hunger limits...and he's met all the ultimate goals of a coach.

And make no mistake about it LakerFan, you guys are gonna learn to hate Dejuan Blair and George Hill as this season goes along.

We aren't starting Matt Bonner and Michael Finley(I hope) this year...we are going to be a long way from that. Realize it LakerFan, and then shut the fuck up.

J.T.
07-20-2009, 03:27 AM
Last year they would have beaten us, we had no size, rebounding, shotblocking or atheleticism.

I gotta say brah, you did call it pretty straight when you said we'd lose to Dallas while we were watching Game 1 of that series. Healthy Manu would've been nice but that team outside Tim and Tony got fucking clowned by the Mavs. Clowned.

whottt
07-20-2009, 03:39 AM
I gotta say brah, you did call it pretty straight when you said we'd lose to Dallas while we were watching Game 1 of that series. Healthy Manu would've been nice but that team outside Tim and Tony got fucking clowned by the Mavs. Clowned.

Anytime Brandon Bass is better than all 3 of the guys you are playing alongside Duncan, combined, but most especially the 6'6 36 year old shooting guard you are playing at the PF down the stretch, you are in for an ass kicking. Probably even with a healthy Manu.

Also doesn't help when the head coach rests Duncan at the beginning of every 4th regardless of momentum or stakes, like it's a pre-season game or he's still got David Robinson to pick up the slack or something.

And how ya doin' JT? Long time no see :tu

slayermin
07-20-2009, 04:01 AM
Ehh. I just had to call out House on his tired act.

Being a fan of the Spurs, we hear the subtle remarks they make that mainstream media do not hear. Like Manu's guarantee for a fourth title after '05. And something Tim Duncan said to Bill Russell last year about his desire to get a fifth ring. That interview with Russell really stood out to me about how TD viewed his legacy. It is important him.

Laker fan can underestimate Tim Duncan, but I never will.

lennyalderette
07-21-2009, 03:58 PM
new guy here, been a spurs fan for along time, and i think its ridiculous to argue with the lakers fans, theyre the only fans that come in here and look at our blogs, and that makes me feel good, because they wouldnt be here if they werent afraid lol house if we sucked so bad last year how in the hell did we beat u guys in the regular season and if we were so far away from you guys, then we wouldnt of beat u, second ariza was the only one to guard parker as he drove now your old ass fisher will be left in the dust, brown has nothin on hill you guys know it.if your saying we have no length look at ian mahinmi hes 7 ft and one of the most sought after euro player haislip go ahead you tube them .and will be in the rotation along with dejuan blair who will def be able to hang with artest,not to mention ginobili will be back this year i just cant wait until we play u and you stop coming here after you know you have nothing to say about the spurs.

DrHouse
07-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Realize that the Lakers just won the NBA Championship and your team lost to a pathetic Mavericks team 4-1.

buujness
07-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Realize that the Lakers just won the NBA Championship and your team lost to a pathetic Mavericks team 4-1.
Wow, you really don't understand about the prospect of offseason movements/improvements do you?

Lakers999
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
why are we even having this conversation?

whottt
07-21-2009, 07:34 PM

Yeah and the year before that you guys lost in the finals and last year you didn't...2 years ago the Spurs were the NBA champions, then they weren't the next year.

Things change.

You seriously believe this years Spurs team is going to be as bad as the one that started Matt Bonner and Michael Finley?

You guys added something, you also lost something...the Spurs didn't lose anything and added more than the Lakers did.

You are going to make a total ass of yourself if you keep bringing up last years first round loss and applying it to this team...that was then this is now, and it's not the same team.

The Spurs are definitely going to be better than last year, that's not automatically true with LA, it's possible they'll be worse.

And I wouldn't talk a whole lot of shit about injuries either...Gasol wasn't exactly AC Green in Memphis...and going all the way to the finals 2 years in a row takes a physical toll on players. Doing it once takes a toll...

Spurs_210
07-21-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow, you really don't understand about the prospect of offseason movements/improvements do you?
He really doesn't... no basketball knowledge just being a homo I mean homer

SPURSfanINoc
07-21-2009, 10:54 PM
off the subject, i have a question for house. why is your signature of pj with 10 rings if you're a lakers fan? didn't he win 6 with the bulls and 6 > 4. just wondering.

DrHouse
07-21-2009, 11:52 PM
No on paper the Spurs do not look better than the Lakers.

I'll take Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Artest, and Bynum

ANY DAY OF THE WEEK OVER

Duncan, Ginobili, Parker, RJ, McDyess

At their respective ages. If you want to turn back father time 3-4 years then MAYBE what you're saying makes sense. But as of right now, HELL NO.

Mhak
07-21-2009, 11:54 PM

Lol @ Laker fan.. I am a Spurs fan and i live in LA. Funny when lakers have the losing years you guys don't talk about Lakers at all.. When Lakers don't have a chance of winning they talk about Dodgers and simple ignore the team..

You guys are so biase.. When Kobe is shooting to much and the team lose because of it you blame him so much. When he wins doing it you guys praise the guy..

I'll give it to your team.. your the champ/chumps.. I like the fact that you come in here and debate. It makes it more interesting. I can't wait for your team to be a regular team.. After kobe retires your team sucks.. no prospect what so ever...

When tim Duncan and Manu retires.. We have more hopes.. We draft better players than you guys.. Lakers buy their players (like the yankees)

:flag:

Spursfan 87
07-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Spurs vs. Lakers: Player vs player
Parker >> Fisher
Manu << Kobe
RJ > Artest
Duncan > Gasol
Mcdyess = Bynum
Hill = Farmar
Mason > Vulajic
Finley = Walton
Haislip < Odom (Im going to sign him for you)
Ian = Mbenga (I pretty sure that ian is going to be better than Mbenga)
Blair = Powell (same thing as Ian)
Bonner > Morison
Hairston = Brown
Jack ? Sun Yue (who the fuck is Sun Yue)
M.Williams ? Elonu (who the fuck is Elonu)

Gutter92
07-22-2009, 12:57 AM

ANY DAY OF THE WEEK OVER

At their respective ages. If you want to turn back father time 3-4 years then MAYBE what you're saying makes sense. But as of right now, HELL NO.

Oh you guys signed Odom? news to me

bishopospurs
07-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Spurs vs. Lakers: Player vs player
Parker >> Fisher
Manu << Kobe
RJ > Artest
Duncan > Gasol
Mcdyess = Bynum
Hill = Farmar
Mason > Vulajic
Finley = Walton
Haislip < Odom (Im going to sign him for you)
Ian = Mbenga (I pretty sure that ian is going to be better than Mbenga)
Blair = Powell (same thing as Ian)
Bonner > Morison
Hairston = Brown
Jack ? Sun Yue (who the fuck is Sun Yue)
M.Williams ? Elonu (who the fuck is Elonu)

I don't think kobe is>> than Ginobli
Bynum<McDyess
Blair>Powell
Morrison I think will prove greater than Bonner
Sun Yue is a 6'9 point guard, an interesting prospect, and Elonu is a 6'10 PF/C who played for Texas A & M, another interesting prospect. William>Elonu, but I can't tell with Jack yet, I would say Sun Yue gets the edge right now.

I can't wait to see these teams compete

DPG21920
07-22-2009, 01:12 AM
LMAO at Odom>Haislip. As of right now, Odom>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>haislip

iggypop123
07-22-2009, 01:22 AM
im shocked spurs fans didnt say Blair>>>Gasol

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2009, 01:34 AM
im shocked spurs fans didnt say Blair>>>Gasol

that doesn't need to be said its been accepted as one of the law's of physics its called Blair's law

gmanrulz
07-22-2009, 01:46 AM

ANY DAY OF THE WEEK OVER

nice starting lineup. you wanna compare benches now?

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 01:54 AM
How can the Champs be in denial? Whats there to deny... us being champs? We upgraded when Ariza left by adding Ron the Beast. Shannon will be an upgrade over Farmar. Bynum will be better. Kobe, Pau, and Odom will do their thing.

Spurs fans are the only people in denial. In-fact, you guys should be focusing on getting out of the first round, an pray you don't meet the Mavs in the first round.

P.S. That Blair kid looks like a KG wanna be. Not with the skills, but with all the yelling and chest pounding. What a douche.

Exactly. What the fuck do Laker fans have to be in denial about?

The Lakers are the Champs. They won the ship. They upgraded with Ron and are getting a fully healthy Bynum back with the same core.

You think we're fucking scared of your 37th draft picks? GTFO.

Man In Black
07-22-2009, 02:03 AM
They upgraded with Ron and are getting a fully healthy Bynum back with the same core.
Curious Nurse Dickhead...why is it after 2 injury plagued seasons with Bynum, that you think he's going to be healthy but at the same time, don't give Duncan & Ginobili a chance at health? Give me something more than age Nurse.

Also-YOU DON'T HAVE THE SAME CORE...YET.

The #37 pick should've gone lottery. If he was chosen by the Lakers with the last pick in the 1st instead of them selling the pick to NYK because Doc Buss is POOR, then you'd be calling Dejuan the best PF ever drafted by the Lakers. Admit it...OK you won't but you know I'm right.
Anytime you want to talk LAL basketball...I got you countered.

I think I know you're team BETTER than you do. Been watching this game since I first moved to California in 1974.

I don't think you have the pedigree to be posting your drivel on this board but I gotta say,"You're a lightning rod for controversy." AKA "You're a fuckin' attention whore who Spurs fans like to bag on."

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 02:14 AM
I'm not pinning the Laker's championship hopes on unproven rookies. You are.

The bottom line is the Lakers have nothing to prove to anybody. They are the champs until they are dethroned.

The Spurs are just another 1st round playoff LOSER trying to make it back to the top. Who knows if they'll get there, they have to play some games before we can say anything definitive.

One thing is for certain, rookies almost NEVER make the difference in their 1st year. Playoff basketball is a whole different beast that requires experience and a mental approach that rookies just can't gain until they've gone through it.

slayermin
07-22-2009, 02:27 AM
Exactly. What the fuck do Laker fans have to be in denial about?

The Lakers are the Champs. They won the ship. They upgraded with Ron and are getting a fully healthy Bynum back with the same core.

You think we're fucking scared of your 37th draft picks? GTFO.

You are assuming the Lakers go through the entire season unscathed of injury. This will be the first season they will have the target on their backs. And part of the burden they will have to bear is the shit Laker fan is talking, building up their invincibility. Getting to three straight NBA Finals isn't a cake walk, ass. Keep yapping, House.

And by the way, Bynum dislocated one knee cap, and tore ligaments in the other in successive seasons. He's damaged goods. Tim Duncan tore meniscus in one of his knees in 2000 and his athleticism has never been the same. But TD was able to adjust and excel his game because he was already fundamentally sound. I wouldn't the same about Bynum.

Kharma and history is not on your side.

Man In Black
07-22-2009, 02:42 AM
One thing is for certain, rookies almost NEVER make the difference in their 1st year. Playoff basketball is a whole different beast that requires experience and a mental approach that rookies just can't gain until they've gone through it.

Almost Never? What kind of paradoxical nonsense are you saying now Nurse Dickhead? Let's see in 1979 a Rookie PG helped lead his team to the NBA Finals. Once there, he also was chosen as the NBA Finals MVP. You said Rookies don't have that mental approach. Whatever Loser. Besides, it's not about Blair at all. I argue that you don't give him any credit(Nor any other Spur for that matter) for the mere fact that they don't wear Forum Blue & Gold.

The Spurs are just another 1st round playoff LOSER trying to make it back to the top. Who knows if they'll get there, they have to play some games before we can say anything definitive.

Let's see in 2006, the LAL blew a 3-1 lead and got dumped by PHX. Another 1st round LOSER trying to make it to the top. Wouldn't you say that since Artest has yet to play a game as a Laker that you can't really judge ANYTHING until they play say 20 games, before there is anything definitive? No...that's too LOGICAL...isn't it?
Ya lack intellect for a Gay Nurse. :flag:

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:11 AM
You are assuming the Lakers go through the entire season unscathed of injury. This will be the first season they will have the target on their backs. And part of the burden they will have to bear is the shit Laker fan is talking, building up their invincibility. Getting to three straight NBA Finals isn't a cake walk, ass. Keep yapping, House.

And by the way, Bynum dislocated one knee cap, and tore ligaments in the other in successive seasons. He's damaged goods. Tim Duncan tore meniscus in one of his knees in 2000 and his athleticism has never been the same. But TD was able to adjust and excel his game because he was already fundamentally sound. I wouldn't the same about Bynum.

Kharma and history is not on your side.

How the hell do the Lakers have bad Karma?

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:12 AM
Almost Never? What kind of paradoxical nonsense are you saying now Nurse Dickhead? Let's see in 1979 a Rookie PG helped lead his team to the NBA Finals. Once there, he also was chosen as the NBA Finals MVP. You said Rookies don't have that mental approach. Whatever Loser. Besides, it's not about Blair at all. I argue that you don't give him any credit(Nor any other Spur for that matter) for the mere fact that they don't wear Forum Blue & Gold.

Let's see in 2006, the LAL blew a 3-1 lead and got dumped by PHX. Another 1st round LOSER trying to make it to the top. Wouldn't you say that since Artest has yet to play a game as a Laker that you can't really judge ANYTHING until they play say 20 games, before there is anything definitive? No...that's too LOGICAL...isn't it?
Ya lack intellect for a Gay Nurse. :flag:

Don't even reply to him, it gets you nowhere. He will just repeat the same stuff over and over

Spurs_210
07-22-2009, 05:58 AM

ANY DAY OF THE WEEK OVER

Wow, since your gonna compare on paper maybe you should look at last years stats again before you go further with this. Already knew you didn't know anything about basketball outside the Lakers but this is just shooting in the dark. :lmao

Oh wait before you decide to respond I'll just post your response for ya since we already know what you'll say....

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
I can't wait to play the Lakers in the regular season. The only down side is that we wont be able to fully enjoy the win for two possible reasons A) DrHouse has shown that he only shows up when he can be all "Lakers are the best, Spurs suck" hence his absence during the rocket series. And B) the Lakers fans will make excuses. "That was a lucky shot by Mason, had Kobe hit that shot at the end we would have won, it's only the regular season we won the championship.

All that matters is winning the championship.

Clearly winning regular season games is your consolation prize.

Spurs_210
07-22-2009, 10:44 AM
I can't wait to play the Lakers in the regular season. The only down side is that we wont be able to fully enjoy the win for two possible reasons A) DrHouse has shown that he only shows up when he can be all "Lakers are the best, Spurs suck" hence his absence during the rocket series. And B) the Lakers fans will make excuses. "That was a lucky shot by Mason, had Kobe hit that shot at the end we would have won, it's only the regular season we won the championship.
Hence House = bandwagon fan

So House did you look up those stats since you wanna compare them on paper? :lmao

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was right here throughout the entire Rocket series. Go back and read the game threads.

But please, don't let little things like facts get in your way.

Laker fans on here never made excuses for losing when it's clear our team wasn't good enough. We weren't good enough to beat Boston in '08, we were in '09 but never got the chance. I believe we will be in '10 assuming Odom resigns.

At least I can be honest when my team flat out isn't championship material. It was painfully obvious the Spurs weren't last season.

SpurOutofTownFan
07-22-2009, 10:58 AM

Man this is going to cost you a lot. You can't call that "a team".

cheguevara
07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was right here throughout the entire Rocket series. Go back and read the game threads.

fact: KG injury prevented Celtics from reaching the Finals
fact: Manu injury prevented Spurs from reaching the Finals
fact: Yao injury prevented Rockets from beating the Lakers

fact: Lakers won an easy finals and championship because of the injuries to the 3 other contenders.

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 11:20 AM
fact: KG injury prevented Celtics from reaching the Finals - No it's highly doubtful that Boston would have beaten Cleveland without HCA. They were taken to 7 games the previous season, when they were a better team with Posey and Brown, despite having HCA against a far inferior Cleveland team.

fact: Manu injury prevented Spurs from reaching the Finals - :lmao, the Spurs just weren't that good.

fact: Yao injury prevented Rockets from beating the Lakers - Lakers actually matched up better with Yao in the game. He slowed the game down considerably, which works in LA's advantage.

fact: Lakers won an easy finals and championship because of the injuries to the 3 other contenders. - Lakers played the best EC team available and whooped them 4 -1.

hater
07-22-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.kraproom.com/pacman/aod/gallery/d/3312-1/denial.jpg

cheguevara
07-22-2009, 11:26 AM
No it's highly doubtful that Boston would have beaten Cleveland without HCA. They were taken to 7 games the previous season, when they were a better team with Posey and Brown, despite having HCA against a far inferior Cleveland team.

:lmao how fucking stupid can you be??? Boston played Orlando, which beat the Cavs. So Boston would not have played the Cavs. shows how much you actually know :lol

the Spurs just weren't that good.

opinion, not fact.

Lakers actually matched up better with Yao in the game. He slowed the game down considerably, which works in LA's advantage.

so Rockets were better off without Yao? wow. just wow :lol

Lakers played the best EC team available and whooped them 4 -1.

:lmao

pathetic.

mytespurs
07-22-2009, 12:10 PM
just viewing the endless back/forth, I'd say both fan bases are in stages of denial.

I wish some spurs fan will just accept the fact that the Lakers are the champs and they are currently the best team in the league.

That's no knock on our team-we have NOTHING to be ashamed or defensive about; we're still good team. We won 50 games and we won our division despite playing inconsistent and subpar basketball. Yes we lost in the first round but it's not as if we hadn't lost to this team before (when the stakes were much higher).

As for the "injury" excuse, injuries are a part of the game so teams have to deal the best way possible but losing key players impacts your team-Manu was out most of the year and Tim was not healthy did impact the Spurs play.....not an excuse but a FACT!

And another thing about excuses, that's not an exclusive of Spurs fans...Laker fans have done the same as have Mav fans, Suns fans.....so that broken record that isn't worth listening to afterwhile.

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Even if the Lakers lose Odom they are still the favorties caz the are the champions but the Spurs will give them a run for their money.

Spurs_210
07-22-2009, 12:41 PM

Laker fans on here never made excuses for losing when it's clear our team wasn't good enough. We weren't good enough to beat Boston in '08, we were in '09 but never got the chance. I believe we will be in '10 assuming Odom resigns.

At least I can be honest when my team flat out isn't championship material. It was painfully obvious the Spurs weren't last season.
So you speak on behalf of all Laker fans now? You know that's bullshit cause once the Lakers lost there where lots of excuses on how Bynum would've made the difference.

Spurs_210
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Even if the Lakers lose Odom they are still the favorties caz the are the champions but the Spurs will give them a run for their money.
Which is true but according to House nobody in the West is on the Lakers level.

DrHouse
07-22-2009, 12:48 PM
:lmao how fucking stupid can you be??? Boston played Orlando, which beat the Cavs. So Boston would not have played the Cavs. shows how much you actually know :lol

opinion, not fact.

pathetic.

Boston with KG would have BEATEN ORLANDO and then they would have played the Cavs in the ECF. How fucking stupid can YOU BE?

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:40 PM

:lol acting like SA winning is a sure thing

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 04:45 PM

fact: Lakers won an easy finals and championship because of the injuries to the 3 other contenders.

Fact: Spurs will never be without injuries in the playoffs.

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:45 PM

Fact: The Manu injury prevented the Spurs from losing to the Lakers in the WCF's

Fact: The Rockets played better without Yao, and the only reason the Rockets won a game after Yao went out was because LA played lazy.

Fact: At some point the players who are injured EVERY YEAR (Yao, Mcgrady, Ginobili) can't be used as an excuse anymore. It is painfully obvius those players (especially Yao) can't be relied on that late in a season, so the excuse, ''Oh but Yao was injured'' becomes unusable, because everybody knows he's going to be injured by then. He can't be counted on to provide in the playoffs

in2deep
07-22-2009, 04:46 PM
:lol

these laker trolls are funny. come in pairs

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:47 PM

opinion, not fact.

pathetic.

You are an idiot. Boston played Orlando first, and if they won, they would have played Cleveland in the ECF's.

And you can't use the Yao and Ginobili excuse every year, because it's becoming obvious that counting on them is a risk

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:49 PM
So you speak on behalf of all Laker fans now? You know that's bullshit cause once the Lakers lost there where lots of excuses on how Bynum would've made the difference.

Laker Fans made excuses then. The Spur Fans are doing the same now.

Every year fanbases make excuses

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-22-2009, 04:55 PM
LOL..I still remember..not only the heavy excuses about Bynum and Ariza, but also heavy complaining about the officiating in game 2..everybody knows what it means when Laker fans complain about officials though, it means that the game was officiated fairly on both sides..

http://i21.tinypic.com/2v7xzpx.jpg

Man In Black
07-22-2009, 04:58 PM
And you can't use the Yao and Ginobili excuse every year, because it's becoming obvious that counting on them is a risk

Don't be like Nurse Dickhead and avoid the question. Does Bynum get an instant free pass that says he's injury proof because he's a Laker?

I can say that when it comes to Manu, this is what the EXECUTIVE VICE-PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS SAYS,"
-Tim Duncan is not running up hills and doing the things he usually does in the summer. The Spurs are holding him off. Manu Ginobili is healthy again. Pop hopes that adding Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess puts the Spurs back in the ballgame. "

Yet Andrew "Clutch My Knee In Pain", gets a free pass that says DOMINANCE.

I'd say based on his limited skills and weak mental toughness, I think his pass really says,"Mediocrity, at least I'm better than Sasha".

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Don't be like Nurse Dickhead and avoid the question. Does Bynum get an instant free pass that says he's injury proof because he's a Laker?

I can say that when it comes to Manu, this is what the EXECUTIVE VICE-PRESIDENT OF BASKETBALL OPERATIONS SAYS,"
-Tim Duncan is not running up hills and doing the things he usually does in the summer. The Spurs are holding him off. Manu Ginobili is healthy again. Pop hopes that adding Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess puts the Spurs back in the ballgame. "

I'd say based on his limited skills and weak mental toughness, I think his pass really says,"Mediocrity, at least I'm better than Sasha".

Lakers beat you without Bynum 2 yrs ago...then you lose in the first round 4-1 this year...Rj MIGHT get you out of the first round this yr ;) but thats probably with an injured manu again. lol

Spurs_210
07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Laker Fans made excuses then. The Spur Fans are doing the same now.

Every year fanbases make excuses
Which is true... Just pointing that out to House since he seems to speak on behalf Laker fans.

Spurs_210
07-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Fact: Spurs will never be without injuries in the playoffs.
You know this for fact?

TimDunkem
07-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Lakers beat you without Bynum 2 yrs ago...then you lose in the first round 4-1 this year...Rj MIGHT get you out of the first round this yr ;) but thats probably with an injured manu again. lol
Your sig is sick. I bet Kobe has to hold those tits like a slice of pizza.

carrao45
07-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Which is true... Just pointing that out to House since he seems to speak on behalf Laker fans.

:lol No we all hate House

carrao45
07-22-2009, 07:15 PM

I was talking about previous year, not this coming year. I hope Manu is healthy this upcoming season.

I was just saying that the ''Oh Yao was injured, so the Lakers just got lucky'' excuse is bullshit. Counting on Yao was a risk, because he is so injury-prone, the Rockets took that risk and they payed for it. Using the injury excuse for Yao or Mcgrady or Ginobili when they are so frequently injured is just idiotic.

mystargtr34
07-22-2009, 07:44 PM
So its normal when Yao gets injured, yet Bynum doesnt. Sometimes its just about luck - and you have to admit the Lakers were good, and lucky.

Kevin Garnett
Yao Ming
Manu
Jameer Nelson

Even Okur was injured for the Jazz.

carrao45
07-22-2009, 11:14 PM
So its normal when Yao gets injured, yet Bynum doesnt. Sometimes its just about luck - and you have to admit the Lakers were good, and lucky.

Kevin Garnett
Yao Ming
Manu
Jameer Nelson

Even Okur was injured for the Jazz.

I never used the Bynum excuse. not once. I dont believe in using injury as an excuse. I never have, and I don't believe others should