PDA

View Full Version : Question about streaming SL games...

benefactor
07-18-2009, 01:35 PM
I still seem to be having issues streaming the SL games. Even when I watch them from the archives there is a lot of hesitation in the streams. I am on DSL, and my internet seems plenty fast enough to stream the games. Is is possibly a flash issue? Is there something that can be changed in my browser settings to make it better?

Darkwaters
07-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I have issues with it too sometimes. On replays the games always freeze with about a minutes left in the 3rd quarter for some reason. I literally have to leave the stream and then click ahead of that point to watch the 4th quarter.

Live streaming is actually much better for me.

benefactor
07-18-2009, 01:40 PM
I have issues with it too sometimes. On replays the games always freeze with about a minutes left in the 3rd quarter for some reason. I literally have to leave the stream and then click ahead of that point to watch the 4th quarter.

Live streaming is actually much better for me.
Live streaming is just as bad for me...except I miss whole plays because the stream will freeze and then skip ahead. I have watched every game from the archive....and believe me, it took a tremendous amount of patience. :lol

timvp
07-18-2009, 01:43 PM
It works smoothly for me both streaming and in the archives but ChumpDumper posted this and it looks like the answer for most archive issues:

There is an annoying trait of the flash player in that it doesn't seem to buffer in advance of the shown video much, which leads to occasional freezing that I find ridiculous for an archived game.

My recommendation:

1) Start the stream.

2) Change the storage setting in the flash player to "unlimited" if you have a fair amount of space on your hard drive.

3) Do ALL your shopping.

4) Move the cursor back to the start of the game and enjoy.

Theoretically, that should solve any hesitation or freezing.

koriwhat
07-18-2009, 06:09 PM
no problems here.