PDA

View Full Version : Stern interviews Richard Jefferson

saxman
07-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Howard Stern recently interviewed Richard Jefferson about various issues.

Some topics include

His relationship with his ex-girlfriend and recent wedding cancellation
His money and donations
Spurs
Stephon Marbury
They bring up the gay issue indirectly a couple of times (perhaps inconsequentially)

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bySa5Z6K9_k
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ocWxuUCFU&NR=1
Part Three: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zcnf7x0MBs&NR=1

Leftyventricle
07-19-2009, 12:34 AM
funny joke by artie about gettin a ring.

tp2021
07-19-2009, 01:01 AM
Deceiving thread title is deceiving

timvp
07-19-2009, 01:02 AM
Hopefully Holt is sitting down when he hears that interview.

ThePop
07-19-2009, 01:27 AM
Bad choice by Rich to go on that show...

HarlemHeat37
07-19-2009, 01:31 AM
I don't mind it..shows some balls to go on Howard Stern when all these allegations are being made against him..

spursfan1000
07-19-2009, 01:35 AM
OHHHHHHHHHHHHH I thought it was David stern lol.

50 cent
07-19-2009, 01:51 AM
Interesting. I can't believe that RJeff agreed to go on the show.

It wasn't too bad.

SA210
07-19-2009, 02:47 AM
:lol Wow, I wonder what Pop thinks hearing all that.

howbouthemspurs
07-19-2009, 03:39 AM
RJ gots some balls!

alamo50
07-19-2009, 04:08 AM
:lol Wow, I wonder what Pop thinks hearing all that.

Why?
What did RJ say wrong?
He's a fan of the show and that's why he accepted to use it as a forum to gett all the bullshit that was thrown at him in here out of the window.

slick'81
07-19-2009, 04:15 AM
did u grow up in the ghetto !?!?!

they all thought he still played in NJ HA

raspsa
07-19-2009, 04:50 AM
I think RJ did the right thing. He had to go on the record and give his side of the story. Now the smart thing to do is for him to stop talking about it and if anyone asks, just tell them to listen to the Stern interview.

Nathan Explosion
07-19-2009, 05:22 AM
I think RJ did the right thing. He had to go on the record and give his side of the story. Now the smart thing to do is for him to stop talking about it and if anyone asks, just tell them to listen to the Stern interview.

He did that on Dan Patrick already though. He talked about it for about 20 minutes, which, if you know talk radio, is a pretty long segment to have. Guests usually are on for 5-10 minutes before the commercial break.

robbie380
07-19-2009, 05:31 AM
RJ gots some balls!

in his mouth!

raspsa
07-19-2009, 06:51 AM
He did that on Dan Patrick already though. He talked about it for about 20 minutes, which, if you know talk radio, is a pretty long segment to have. Guests usually are on for 5-10 minutes before the commercial break.

Didn't know that. Maybe he was trying to send his message to a different audience? Anyway, I think he should just keep quiet from hereon.

sabar
07-19-2009, 08:42 AM
Someone post a synopsis... 23 minutes of youtube audio = bad

robino2001
07-19-2009, 08:50 AM

The Stern interview was before Dan Patrick - just FYI. It was the same day, but he did Stern pretty early in the morning.

SonOfAGun
07-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Since I don't really give a shit about any of this drama around Jefferson, I tried skimming the audio for any mention of the Spurs. Heard like one sentence.

Was there anything of actual substance? lulz

SA210
07-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Why?
What did RJ say wrong?
He's a fan of the show and that's why he accepted to use it as a forum to gett all the bullshit that was thrown at him in here out of the window.

I never said he did anything wrong. I was laughing about the sex questions and all that. I was wondering what Pop was thinking while listening to Sterns questioning. :lol

Seeing as how Pop gets upset at most questions or thinks most questions are stupid (which most are), imagine what he was thinking when Stern was asking RJ if he was 10 inches.

It's just not everyday a Spur is on Howard Stern.

:lmao

TDMVPDPOY
07-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Seeing as how Pop gets upset at most questions or thinks most questions are stupid (which most are), imagine what he was thinking when Stern was asking RJ if he was 10 inches.

It's just not everyday a Spur is on Howard Stern.

:lmao

dunno why but im fine with my 1inch........hanging off the ground

kobyz
07-19-2009, 12:07 PM
do you think that all the gay rumors and all the talks on his private life will distract him and affect on his play as a spur? i think it's tough for someone who is straight to play his best while on the background he is hearing talks all the time about him gay.

tmtcsc
07-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Didn't know that. Maybe he was trying to send his message to a different audience? Anyway, I think he should just keep quiet from hereon.

He went on the Howard Stern show before he went on the Dan Patrick show.

duncan228
07-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Here's the Dan Patrick summary.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131478

Whisky Dog
07-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Great, the Spurs traded for a ball hog. Literally.

urunobili
07-19-2009, 01:31 PM
oh oh...

Homeland Security
07-19-2009, 01:34 PM
The Spurs need to adopt the Princeton offense.

I hear Richard Jefferson scores a lot via the back door.

Homeland Security
07-19-2009, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure Richard Jefferson is the defender the Spurs need.

He allows a lot of penetration.

bdictjames
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
You got that from Chuck and Larry, but nice. :lol

Homeland Security
07-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Richard Jefferson gets called for traveling a lot.

He can't stop palming the ball.

Homeland Security
07-19-2009, 01:38 PM
They say Richard Jefferson likes to work around the rim.

Homeland Security
07-19-2009, 01:40 PM
When Richard Jefferson says he sucks, he's not being humble. He's advertising.

saxman
07-19-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't think R. Jefferson has done anything wrong to be ridiculed like this. Don't be quick to judge...

Homeland Security
07-19-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't think R. Jefferson has done anything wrong to be ridiculed like this. Don't be quick to judge...
Ha ha ha a player on your favorite team likes the ckoc ha ha ha.

ploto
07-20-2009, 12:44 AM
All these threads and not one comment on the fact that he informed his fiancee he was cancelling the wedding in an e-mail.:nope

holcs50
07-20-2009, 01:23 AM
LMFAO-part 3 is fuckin funny. Artie with the ring comment then howard grilling him about how big his dode is, that he's getting head while on the radio, and other prying questions. Jeff is like wow this conversation is really taking off, haha.

phxspurfan
07-20-2009, 01:49 AM
All these threads and not one comment on the fact that he informed his fiancee he was cancelling the wedding in an e-mail.:nope

Did you even listen to the show? He said he didn't break up with her over the email, he sent the email to explain things he wouldn't be able to explain as she cried on the phone.

afireinside20
07-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Ha ha ha a player on your favorite team likes the ckoc ha ha ha.

lol I wouldn't mock because the player on your avatar, also had some gay rumors around him when he first joined the Spurs too.

ploto
07-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Did you even listen to the show? He said he didn't break up with her over the email, he sent the email to explain things he wouldn't be able to explain as she cried on the phone.

I did not listen to the interview- I don't listen to trash. I read the summary posted from the Dan Patrick interview.

Oh, so he cancelled his wedding over the phone and sent her an e-mail to explain why. Like that is any better.

johngateswhiteley
07-20-2009, 10:09 AM
Jefferson is a good guy...he did nothing wrong. btw, Howard Stern is quality radio.

bishopospurs
07-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I am sure he will miss the NY media. How does that story make the front page of the post?

Shastafarian
07-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I did not listen to the interview- I don't listen to trash. I read the summary posted from the Dan Patrick interview.

Oh, so he cancelled his wedding over the phone and sent her an e-mail to explain why. Like that is any better.

Judging people you don't know on situations you don't fully understand must be fun.

bishopospurs
07-20-2009, 10:24 AM
part 3 is quite out there, Stern is good at leading a conversation to where he wants it to go.

lotr1trekkie
07-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Only his x-fiance and x-wife really know!!!!!

ploto
07-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Judging people you don't know on situations you don't fully understand must be fun.

If the Spurs had not traded for Jefferson the haters would be coming out in droves to ridicule him, but since he is on the Spurs now, he can do no wrong.

Any person with respect for another human being does this in person. The only time you would not is if there is fear for one's safety, as in a physically abusive relationship. It shows weak character not to have the decency to cancel your wedding in person to the woman you were scheduled to marry that weekend.

Udokafan05
07-20-2009, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=ploto;3574771]If the Spurs had not traded for Jefferson the haters would be coming out in droves to ridicule him, but since he is on the Spurs now, he can do no wrong.
QUOTE]

That can be looked at both ways. Due to him being on spurs, others teams fan are going to bash him more.

MrChug
07-21-2009, 01:51 AM
He went on the Howard Stern show before he went on the Dan Patrick show.

Dan Patrick asks far more relavant questions.

angelbelow
07-21-2009, 02:18 AM

lol you dumbass, they werent even in the same city.

gm5k
07-21-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm with Stern on this one. this only makes me like Jefferson more :lol

ploto
07-21-2009, 08:39 AM
lol you dumbass, they werent even in the same city.

It is my understanding that he waited until she was ON a plane to send this e-mail. I also am ashamed to say I went back and listened to Stern to clarify and RJ clearly states that he sent the e-mail FIRST while she was in the air and they talked after she landed. That is disrespectful. He obviously made the decision before he allowed her to get on a plane to fly to the wedding destination. I have no problem with deciding not to get married, but you do not do it in this manner to someone you have been with for five years.

Shastafarian
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
If the Spurs had not traded for Jefferson the haters would be coming out in droves to ridicule him, but since he is on the Spurs now, he can do no wrong.Making accusations based on hypothetical situations must be fun.

Any person with respect for another human being does this in person. The only time you would not is if there is fear for one's safety, as in a physically abusive relationship. It shows weak character not to have the decency to cancel your wedding in person to the woman you were scheduled to marry that weekend.
Again, you don't know the details of the situation. Yet you continue to judge.

hater
07-21-2009, 10:05 AM
RJ >>>> Finley

angelbelow
07-21-2009, 03:58 PM
It is my understanding that he waited until she was ON a plane to send this e-mail. I also am ashamed to say I went back and listened to Stern to clarify and RJ clearly states that he sent the e-mail FIRST while she was in the air and they talked after she landed. That is disrespectful. He obviously made the decision before he allowed her to get on a plane to fly to the wedding destination. I have no problem with deciding not to get married, but you do not do it in this manner to someone you have been with for five years.

Lol you are a very sad person. But don't change for anyone. Continue to judge people for their imperfections while you remain perfect.

EricB
07-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Making accusations based on hypothetical situations must be fun.

Again, you don't know the details of the situation. Yet you continue to judge.

If he was white she would have a completely different opinion.

anonoftheinternets
07-21-2009, 04:13 PM
lol ploto still upset about the hedo trade ...

Beast Juice
07-22-2009, 01:41 AM
The Spurs need to adopt the Princeton offense.

I hear Richard Jefferson scores a lot via the back door.

:lmao haha that was great

angelbelow
07-22-2009, 06:53 PM

<div><object width="576" height="358" allowFullScreen="true"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/tv-dint/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="vid=14224407&shareUrl=http%3A//tv.yahoo.com/daytime/video/gma-today-the-early-show/14224407/&siteHostUrl=http%3A//tv.yahoo.com&shareUrl=http%3A//tv.yahoo.com/daytime/video/gma-today-the-early-show/14224407/"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="358" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/m/up/ypp/tv-dint/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="vid=14224407&shareUrl=http%3A//tv.yahoo.com/daytime/video/gma-today-the-early-show/14224407/&siteHostUrl=http%3A//tv.yahoo.com&shareUrl=http%3A//tv.yahoo.com/daytime/video/gma-today-the-early-show/14224407/"></embed></object></div>

angelbelow
07-22-2009, 06:54 PM

http://tv.yahoo.com/daytime

If you pick the video with her explaining the situation you might understand it better. you sick fuck.

Whisky Dog
07-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Ploto is right, the only way you end an engagement is in person not by phone or email. That is chicken shit. Stand up for your decisions and take the consequences. Don't hide behind distance and technology.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Anything is better than tethering yourself to someone for life when you don't want to.

Everybody got paid, so I don't see much of a reason to complain.