PDA

View Full Version : Who will sign Big Baby Davis?!?

LnGrrrR
07-19-2009, 11:11 AM
With all the threads and hype over Odom, I figured it was time to post a thread about a REAL superstar in the making.

That's right. Big Baby Davis.

How much will he sign for, and what team? I'm guessing he won't take anything like than 8 or 9 million a year, based on his proven clutch ability in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h3ZP3FxsnQ

If Odom doesn't resign, I'm pretty sure the Lakers will push hard to pick him up. They need a pf with a nice shooting touch, and Big Baby has proven he has what it takes.

Plus, Kobe seems like a kinder, gentler superstar, which Big Baby would like. We all know Big Baby is a sensitive man, a new role model for boys in this more equal, gender-free age. A man you can have your kids look up to as an example of how to show your feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzR60xPDLQs

If we resign him, I'm pretty sure we'll win the title in 2010, and 2011. Maybe 2012. Your thoughts?

Culburn369
07-19-2009, 11:17 AM
If we resign him, I'm pretty sure we'll win the title in 2010, and 2011. Maybe 2012. Your thoughts?

Don't sign him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I guess Big Baby deserves 1 thread when Laker fans make threads about Odom like he's lebron fuckin James.

LnGrrrR
07-19-2009, 11:20 AM
Don't sign him.

You're just scared. :lol:downspin:

Cry Havoc
07-19-2009, 11:27 AM
I don't understand the hate for Davis.

He's a solid big in a league almost devoid of them, and he can hit the midrange J. And he loves to play the game. There's not a team in the league that wouldn't benefit from having him off the bench.

Spursfan092120
07-19-2009, 11:28 AM
I don't understand the hate for Davis.

He's a solid big in a league almost devoid of them, and he can hit the midrange J. And he loves to play the game. There's not a team in the league that wouldn't benefit from having him off the bench.
:tu exactly..he's just not a starter..

Culburn369
07-19-2009, 11:40 AM
I guess Big Baby deserves 1 thread when Laker fans make threads about Odom like he's lebron fuckin James.

Only difference is this playoff season it was James fleeing out the side door and for once not finding Odom leading the flee.

BlackSwordsMan
07-19-2009, 11:54 AM
lle on the clippers

JamStone
07-19-2009, 12:32 PM
Considering Boston can match anything up to the MLE, it would probably take a team to either give him the entire MLE for 5 years or more than the MLE for Boston not to match. Don't know a team that wants or needs him that badly. Good, quality player who's improved his game. I think Boston owning his early Bird rights means he'll stay in Boston.

Gant
07-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Utah, Detroit, and New Orleans have all inquired about him. Boston wants to keep him as well.

Detroit: Marc Spears just tweeted: "det addition of wilcox doesnt affect sign trade interest in Cs Big Baby"
New Orleans wants to sign and trade for him but doesn't have the right guy(s) to send back (and Baby's BYC status complicates that).
Utah is thinking of him if they succeed in shipping out Boozer. A multi team trade has been rumored, but that's pretty hard to work out.

There's a decent chance he just simply re-signs with the Celtics.