PDA

View Full Version : Suns 2007 NBA Champions

j-money24
07-20-2009, 01:04 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvkKdXLwt0U&feature=fvw

Dok, bro i think you have the right just like Ghazi to argue that the suns where the best team in 2007 and should have won the Championship....

:lol I think the Suns-Spurs series officiating in 2007 is just as bad as the Heat-Mavericks officiating in 2006.

With all honesty here... 2006 Dallas Mavericks and 2007 Phoenix Suns are the Real Champions:toast

redzero
07-20-2009, 01:07 AM
The Mavericks let one man beat them. lol Dirk Nowitzki. Fraud franchise player.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
:toast

Ghazi
Mavs won in 2006. Games 3, 5, and 6 were tainted by lopsided officiating. You can overcome one game of bad officiating, but not fucking 3.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
You're also forgetting our 1993-1995 3-peat that was robbed due to a "fluke" Paxson and Mario Elie shot.

BlackSwordsMan
insecure lakers fan

Ghazi
The Mavericks let four men beat them. lol CP3. Fraud franchise player.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:08 AM
1993, 1994, 1995, 2007

4 rings faggot

Amaso
07-20-2009, 01:10 AM
People can bash on Nash, Stoudemire, and the Suns Run and Gun offense... but they were CLEARLY the best team in 2007, and were robbed of a championship. Think of how different those players would be viewed on internet boards today if they had won that year.

j-money24
07-20-2009, 01:11 AM
1993, 1994, 1995, 2007

4 rings faggot

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:18 AM
Don't worry, once Nash is gone and the Suns can dedicate 2 full seasons to the tankapalooza, we'll have another 3 peat.

redzero
07-20-2009, 01:24 AM
lol 5 > 4

lol Dirk quitting midway through the Warriors series
lol 39% shooting
lol Dirk losing to an eighth seed
lol blowing 10 point leads in the fourth quarter
lol sissy team that can't even intentionally foul

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAHE097_8x10%7EDwyane-Wade-With-MVP-And-2006-Finals-Trophies-Posters.jpg

http://www.derrich.com/img/mavslogo_mlp.jpg

The Mavericks are so bad, they will let a fraud franchise player get a quadruple double on them one day.

Ghazi
07-20-2009, 01:26 AM
lol hornets

redzero
07-20-2009, 01:33 AM
lol hornets

lol Mavs

Man, this is fun! Now I know why you like talking trash to any and every Hornets fan who posts here. This is fun!

lol

DAF86
07-20-2009, 01:34 AM
I could made a video of that same game making it seem like the Spurs were robbed by the refs, besides half of the calls made on those plays were good calls.

DAF86
07-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Oh and while we're at it let's crown the Kings as 2002 NBA champions

H_i3Vnd0n44

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:38 AM
I could made a video of that same game making it seem like the Spurs were robbed by the refs, besides half of the calls made on those plays were good calls.

In all seriousness I think the Suns lost the series on their own, but lets not pretend the refs were doing the Suns any favors. If one team got the better end of the officiating stick in that series, it was undoubtedly San Antonio. The ref who's currently in jail agrees with me.

redzero
07-20-2009, 01:40 AM
In all seriousness I think the Suns lost the series on their own, but lets not pretend the refs were doing the Suns any favors. If one team got the better end of the officiating stick in that series, it was undoubtedly San Antonio. The ref who's currently in jail agrees with me.

Hey, at least the Suns didn't choke and lose to a one man team four times straight.

j-money24
07-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Oh and while we're at it let's crown the Kings as 2002 NBA champions

H_i3Vnd0n44

Alright thats cool with me..
While we at it, Spurs 1999 Championship doesnt count so we can take that away from them since it was a lock-out season.. Not deserving, to be able to be named as of deserved Champs, they needed to play 82 games not 35..

:lol

mojorizen7
07-20-2009, 01:46 AM
If the SUNS could've at least forced a game 7 i'd put more credence into my team getting bent over by the suspensions.........but they had the SPURS beat in game 5 and let Bowen beat 'em from the corner :lol.
Then we we got our guys back,went to S.A. and D'Umbtoni'd ourselves into an early summer.
I'm over it.

Not quite over Paxson's fucking dagger yet though.....

Leetonidas
07-20-2009, 01:48 AM
:cry :cry :cry

Please. They wouldn't have won. If they were so clearly the best team in the league, they would have pushed it to a seventh game instead of quitting.

Besides, who gives a fuck. It was two years ago.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:48 AM
Lets just crown the Suns champions from 1993-2000. God Knows if they got the #1 overall pick and drafted D-Rob instead of Armen Giliam the following team would have dominated the 90's:

Robinson
Barkley
Richard Dumas (Robinson would have taken him to church and kept him off drugs)
Dan Majerle
Kevin Johnson

:hat:downspin:

Leetonidas
07-20-2009, 01:49 AM
While we at it, Spurs 1999 Championship doesnt count so we can take that away from them since it was a lock-out season.. Not deserving, to be able to be named as of deserved Champs, they needed to play 82 games not 35..

Actually it was 50 games, moron.

j-money24
07-20-2009, 01:50 AM
The Lakers could have had a 4-peat if it wasn't for that stupid lock-out season in 1999.

j-money24
07-20-2009, 01:51 AM
Actually it was 50 games, moron.

That's still not 82 games, Genius.

Leetonidas
07-20-2009, 01:53 AM
That's still not 82 games, Genius.

Who the fuck cares? Titles are not handed out in the regular season bro. The playoffs were still played the same, and the Spurs shit on the Lakers on their way to a title and 15-1 playoff record. Get over it already. You don't need to be insecure, Laker fan. Your team has like 15 titles. Quit crying.

KidCongo
07-20-2009, 01:53 AM
AwO7m-1T9DE

That foul call could have given the Cavs their only win in NBA finals history. :depressed

I at least thought the Cavs could have won 1 or 2 games in the finals that year against the Spurs, if the Cavs would have had to of faced the Suns well they weren't going to win a game in my mind.

Suns would have won in a sweep, much higher ratings, LeBron wouldn't have averaged <40% shooting, Kobe vs Bron vs Wade etc. debates would have had different takes, Suns fans would trolling would increase, Spur fan could only use "3 ring faggot".

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:54 AM
Seriously though Jordan would have a few less championships if the Suns had Robinson instead of Kurt Rambis (Gilliam traded for Rambis), it woulda been a hell of a rivalry from 1996-1998.

Leetonidas
07-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Besides we all now Fisher's shot in 2004 was bullshit. And Manu's foul was bullshit. And also we would've repeated in 2000 had Duncan not been injured.

So by my count that's 7 RINGS FAGGOTS!!!!

:rolleyes

redzero
07-20-2009, 01:55 AM
If the Hornets actually played Birdman, maybe they wouldn't have lost against the Spurs in 08.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Suns would have won in a sweep, much higher ratings, LeBron wouldn't have averaged <40% shooting, Kobe vs Bron vs Wade etc. debates would have had different takes, Suns fans would trolling would increase, Spur fan could only use "3 ring faggot".

One thing 2005-2007 Suns did consistently was take a giant shit on the Cavs, so yeah that's probably right. Mike Brown got out coached by D'antoni whenever those two teams played.

mojorizen7
07-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Suns fans would trolling would increase, Spur fan could only use "3 ring faggot".

:toast

j-money24
07-20-2009, 01:58 AM
Also, If it wasn't for Kobe and Shaq's drama, spurs would have been rebuilding by now and only 2 rings faggot.

Dex
07-20-2009, 01:58 AM
You know, really, if it hadn't been for Tim's knee, Kobe and Shaq, .4, Ginobili's Foul, Ginobili's Ankle, and Ginobili's Ankle: The Sequel....then the Spurs would have 11 straight titles.

Since fluke titles don't count anyways...we should give them to their rightful owners.

Lets give it up to the Spurs, undisputed champions of the 2000 decade.

mojorizen7
07-20-2009, 02:02 AM
One thing 2005-2007 Suns did consistently was take a giant shit on the Cavs, so yeah that's probably right. Mike Brown got out coached by D'antoni whenever those two teams played.

D'Umbtoni outcoached just about everybody from November thru April.
I do agree that the suspension team was the best unit Mad Mike had.
Nash wasn't awful on defense yet(only bad),Bell was still a factor,Amare still played with an attitude, the KT factor etc...

DAF86
Also, If it wasn't for Kobe and Shaq's drama, spurs would have been rebuilding by now and only 2 rings faggot.

Be very thankful that the Shaq/Kobe era got three rings. 'Cause if it wasn't for the refs they wouldn't have.

j-money24
If the spurs didn't tank for Duncan, Suns would have probably had like "3 ring faggots" posts everywhere on the net.

iggypop123
07-20-2009, 02:03 AM
lol at oberto

Wombatzu
07-20-2009, 02:06 AM
sad thread is sad...

mojorizen7
07-20-2009, 02:07 AM
bump:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:09 AM
If the spurs didn't tank for Duncan, Suns would have probably had like "3 ring faggots" posts everywhere on the net.

I wish the Suns tanked for Duncan. Duncan and Kidd from 1997-2005 would have been a dynasty.

Thompson
07-20-2009, 02:23 AM
The only reason the Suns won game 4 in San Antonio was that Duncan was forced to the bench after picking up his 5th foul. At the time the Spurs had a significant lead. After Duncan went to the bench, the Suns magically 'got over the hump' and erased the difference before Duncan came back in at the end of the game. The thing is, 3 of those 5 fouls were bad calls. And it's not just a homer Spurs fan saying that, the announcers on the broadcast said after each of the 3 bad calls 'that was a bad call.'

Even if you ignore that, the 'should have been champion' Suns lost the series 4-2. They couldn't even push it to game 7 when they had everyone and we were still missing Horry (who could still contribute back then). At one point near the end of the game, the announcer said something to the effect of '...the Suns are getting blown out by the Spurs.' Nash went on one of his crazy tears to make the final score more respectable, but the Suns were not the better team. The Suns brass had to think so privately as well, because they reworked their team with the Shaq trade before the next postseason.

Also, the whole Donaghy thing had little bearing on that series. I think he reffed maybe one game, and a host of sports analysts examined the series and could only find 1 call that was questionable in favor of the Spurs (they might even have found a few in the Suns' favor, I can't remember).

As far as the Mavericks are concerned, you can't complain about the officiating in the Finals and then stick your heads in the sand about the officiating in the Spurs-Mavs series. In the games that came down to the wire, we were losing Duncan (Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot/ Duncan called for a block after the ref pointed to the restricted area- nevermind the replay showing Duncan's heel a foot outside the arc) and other key players at the end of games on bad calls. Either Bowen or Ginobili fouled out when Terry jumped backwards into them to 'draw the foul.'

Ginobili is called (as he should have been) for the foul on Dirk at the end of regulation in game 7, but 5 seconds later Duncan is fouled by Dirk under the basket to prevent the dunk without a call. That whole series was atrocious. The end result of overturning all the bad calls in '06 is not a Maverick championship; it is probably a Maverick exit in the 2nd round.

And I know I'll have to make these same arguments for the rest of my life because you people will never win a championship and will be forced to try to create imaginary championships like these.

baseline bum
07-20-2009, 02:58 AM
1998 Dick Bavetta waves off Howard Eisley's three with 2 seconds on the shot clock and counts Ron Harper's runner put up after the shot clock expired. Utah Jazz = 1998 real champion. 1 ring, faggot.

2000 Arvydas Sabonis and Brian Grant called for every ticky-tack foul leading to a parade to the line for Shaq. Then Shaq tackles Steve Smith and has his way with him while the ref looks the other way. Portland Trailblazers = 2000 NBA champions. 2 rings faggot.

2002 Kobe Bryant elbows Mike Bibby in the face at the end of game 6 and Bibby gets called for the foul. Kobe shoots FTs and game over. Sacramento Kings = 2002 Champs. 2 rings faggot.

2003 Dirk's vagina squirts on the floor in response to the clinic Sacramento ran on them on their own floor in game 1; Webber slips on it and destroys his knee, crippling the real champs in their repeat bid. 2003 Kings repeat real champs. 3 rings, faggot.

2004 scorekeeper lets Payton inbound the ball, jerks off all over himself, then finally starts the damn clock just in time for Fisher's shot to still be legal. 2004 Spurs real champs. 2 rings, faggot.

2005 Rip Hamilton is set, and Horry gets his sixth foul trying to dunk over him. Pistons take a 3-2 lead and win game 6 in San Antonio. 2005 Pistons - 3 rings, faggot.

2006 Duncan fouls out when Dirk steps on his foot and 2 days later Dirk shoots FTs to force OT when Bowen sneezes on him. Spurs 2006 champs - 3 rings, faggot.

2007 Nash's nose periods in game 1 and Stoudemire suspended for running to give Raja Bell high-5 for standing up to Horry in game 4. 2007 Suns, 1 ring faggot.

crc21209
07-20-2009, 03:26 AM

Dok, bro i think you have the right just like Ghazi to argue that the suns where the best team in 2007 and should have won the Championship....

:lol I think the Suns-Spurs series officiating in 2007 is just as bad as the Heat-Mavericks officiating in 2006.

With all honesty here... 2006 Dallas Mavericks and 2007 Phoenix Suns are the Real Champions:toast

Hi :troll

Xylus
07-20-2009, 03:34 AM
As far as talent goes, the Suns were the best team in 2007.

But when the talent that you have makes boneheaded mistakes like leaving the bench, you are no longer the best team. The Spurs had the mental edge, just like they've had the mental edge over us for the last decade, and won the series despite of the odds.

Spurs won the series legitimately. If the Suns were really the best team, we would have won Game 6 even with the suspensions. Bowen hit the corner 3 and Phoenix's balls shriveled up.

carrao45
07-20-2009, 03:38 AM
The game was called heavily in SA's favor. But anyone who thinks the league wanted the Spurs to advance instead of Phx is retarded. Phx was the most exciting team in basketball that year. SA was the most boring. SA deserved the 07 title

Xylus
07-20-2009, 03:40 AM
Also, I think it's a travesty that the Nash-Marion-Amare-D'Antoni era Suns never won a championship. That team was the most entertaining team basketball has seen in a long time. And they were legitimately good, too, always in the top 3 best teams in the league during their 4-year run.

Thompson
07-20-2009, 04:11 AM
Spurs won the series legitimately. If the Suns were really the best team, we would have won Game 6 even with the suspensions. Bowen hit the corner 3 and Phoenix's balls shriveled up.

Minor point, but it was game 5 y'all had the suspensions. Game 6 you had everyone, and we were still missing Horry.

Buddy Holly
07-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Yay for hypothetical championships!

They're championships for losers. :lobt2:

Amaso
07-20-2009, 04:26 AM
I don't understand why some Spurs fans get so offended by saying the Suns were the better team. The 2007 Spurs were definitely championship worthy, but the Suns were the better team. It's easy to make fun of the loser (Suns) now by saying, "lolol if they were better they would've overcame adversity and won the series". Yeah, the Suns choked a near double digit lead late in game 5, but you got to tip your hat to them for playing undermanned and still competing with a worthy opponent. The Suns offense was so damn efficient, even against the great defense of the Spurs. They would've won the title if you know what didn't happen.

Xylus
07-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Minor point, but it was game 5 y'all had the suspensions. Game 6 you had everyone, and we were still missing Horry.

I know, I'm saying Phoenix's balls shriveled up after Bowen hit the 3 in Game 5, and then we lost Game 6. 'Cause of tiny balls.

Xylus
07-20-2009, 04:30 AM
I don't understand why some Spurs fans get so offended by saying the Suns were the better team. The 2007 Spurs were definitely championship worthy, but the Suns were the better team. It's easy to make fun of the loser (Suns) now by saying, "lolol if they were better they would've overcame adversity and won the series". Yeah, the Suns choked a near double digit lead late in game 5, but you got to tip your hat to them for playing undermanned and still competing with a worthy opponent. The Suns offense was so damn efficient, even against the great defense of the Spurs. They would've won the title if you know what didn't happen.

I think so too. But the suspensions did happen, and they should have happened because a rule was violated.

You could argue that this particular rule is stupid (I would), but the players were still aware of this rule and violated it anyway. Legitimate suspensions. Legitimate victory as a result.

carrao45
07-20-2009, 04:32 AM
Who the fuck cares? Titles are not handed out in the regular season bro. The playoffs were still played the same, and the Spurs shit on the Lakers on their way to a title and 15-1 playoff record. Get over it already. You don't need to be insecure, Laker fan. Your team has like 15 titles. Quit crying.

I'm nitpicking here but the Spurs went 15-2. The only team to ever go 15-1 was the 2001 Lakers

carrao45
07-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Besides we all now Fisher's shot in 2004 was bullshit. And Manu's foul was bullshit. And also we would've repeated in 2000 had Duncan not been injured.

So by my count that's 7 RINGS FAGGOTS!!!!

:rolleyes

No, the Spurs wouldnt have repeated. Shaq wasn't gonna be stopped by anything that year. And Fisher's shot was good, it was off in time, in fact it should have been .6 instead of .4, because that's when Duncan's shot went in. The shot was good.

And i didn't see the Manu foul play so I don't know about that one

DAF86
07-20-2009, 04:39 AM

That Spurs core and that Suns core face each other in the playoffs 16 times, the Spurs won 12 and the Suns 4. The Spurs were clearly and without a doubt the better team.

Amaso
07-20-2009, 04:39 AM
I think so too. But the suspensions did happen, and they should have happened because a rule was violated.

You could argue that this particular rule is stupid (I would), but the players were still aware of this rule and violated it anyway. Legitimate suspensions. Legitimate victory as a result.

I agree, even though I think the rule is stupid and it rewrote history. The Spurs were definitely championship worthy as I noted above. But I think it's pretty safe to say the Suns would've won the series. They had momentum and from my take were the better team.

Xylus
07-20-2009, 04:48 AM
That Spurs core and that Suns core face each other in the playoffs 16 times, the Spurs won 12 and the Suns 4. The Spurs were clearly and without a doubt the better team.

I wouldn't say "clearly and without a doubt." Basketball is all about matchups. I think the Suns would have beaten any other team that year but the Spurs, because they haven't matched up well with them in a long time. If the Spurs had played the Mavs that year, who knows what would have happened.

Spurs and Suns were pretty even that year.

DAF86
07-20-2009, 04:57 AM
I wouldn't say "clearly and without a doubt." Basketball is all about matchups. I think the Suns would have beaten any other team that year but the Spurs, because they haven't matched up well with them in a long time. If the Spurs had played the Mavs that year, who knows what would have happened.

Spurs and Suns were pretty even that year.

You're right about the matchups thing, so let me rephrase it this way: the Spurs clearly and without a doubt had the upper hand over the Suns when they played each other, it's not even close. So the whole suspension/fixing thing is just an excuse some fans use.

Xylus
07-20-2009, 05:03 AM
I hate when this topic gets brought up.

I hate that fucking series so much. I still can't think about it without getting extremely pissed off. No other playoff series has upset me as much as this one, not even Bulls-Suns '93. Fucking A.

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 05:04 AM
Every team played the same amount of games so we deserved it, so get your head our of your asses and get over it.

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 05:05 AM
I hate when this topic gets brought up.

I hate that fucking series so much. I still can't think about it without getting extremely pissed off. No other playoff series has upset me as much as this one, not even Bulls-Suns '93. Fucking A.

You should be mad at Amare and Diaw not the Spurs..

Xylus
07-20-2009, 05:05 AM
You should be mad at Amare and Diaw not the Spurs..

Who said I'm mad at the Spurs? Pretty sure I've implied the opposite. I don't get angry at an opponent unless I think they've cheated me or my team somehow. Otherwise, fair game.

Read my posts, bub.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 05:07 AM
Being O & 41, Xylus, has to be a downer. And gettin' hosed like that Vs. the Spurs. Duncan doin' likewise that of Amare/Diaw and not gettin' suspended.

Just shows to go ya.

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 05:08 AM
Who said I'm mad at the Spurs? Pretty sure I've implied the opposite. I don't get angry at an opponent unless I think they've cheated me or my team somehow. Otherwise, fair game.

Read my posts, bub.

Wasnt talking to you bro lol, talking to any1 who is blaming the Spurs about winning the series.

Xylus
07-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Wasnt talking to you bro lol, talking to any1 who is blaming the Spurs about winning the series.

No big, just making sure.

Yuushi12
07-20-2009, 07:01 AM

Read my posts, bub.

Man , Xylus if full of class. :toast

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Man , Xylus if full of class. :toast

Hell, yeah. He's like the Pistons fans: Ya kicked their ass all over the '05 Finals and they're yer best friend now.

Thompson
07-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Being O & 41, Xylus, has to be a downer. And gettin' hosed like that Vs. the Spurs. Duncan doin' likewise that of Amare/Diaw and not gettin' suspended.

Just shows to go ya.

The rule says 'steps on the court during an altercation.' There was no altercation when Duncan stepped on the court, so no suspension. This despite the comments of Steve Kerr, who happened to be a commentator and was invested in the Suns at the same time (which angered Pop).

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 07:31 AM
The rule says 'steps on the court during an altercation.' There was no altercation when Duncan stepped on the court, so no suspension. This despite the comments of Steve Kerr, who happened to be a commentator and was invested in the Suns at the same time (which angered Pop).

Hey, you got away with one. Big deal. You'd already sold yer soul when you tanked to get Duncan. Everything after that could be adjudicated as >tainted<. I certainly don't begrudge you yer 3 rings plus that strike one, but, they're is a gaggle of Suns fans who are pretty bushy tailed & tight lipped over the whole sordid mess, and they're quite loaded for bear.

Ditty
07-20-2009, 09:59 AM

wasnt there still a playoffs? :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 10:12 AM
4 rings faggot

resistanze
07-20-2009, 10:15 AM
If Vince Carter didn't go to his graduation the same day of game 7 of the ECSF against the 76ers, he wouldn't have laid a fucking egg and the Raps would've won. Then they would've easily beat the Bucks and had the honor of being swept by the Lakers in the Finals.

2001 EC Champions, faggot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 10:17 AM
The only reason the Suns won game 4 in San Antonio was that Duncan was forced to the bench after picking up his 5th foul. At the time the Spurs had a significant lead. After Duncan went to the bench, the Suns magically 'got over the hump' and erased the difference before Duncan came back in at the end of the game. The thing is, 3 of those 5 fouls were bad calls. And it's not just a homer Spurs fan saying that, the announcers on the broadcast said after each of the 3 bad calls 'that was a bad call.'

Even if you ignore that, the 'should have been champion' Suns lost the series 4-2. They couldn't even push it to game 7 when they had everyone and we were still missing Horry (who could still contribute back then). At one point near the end of the game, the announcer said something to the effect of '...the Suns are getting blown out by the Spurs.' Nash went on one of his crazy tears to make the final score more respectable, but the Suns were not the better team. The Suns brass had to think so privately as well, because they reworked their team with the Shaq trade before the next postseason.

Also, the whole Donaghy thing had little bearing on that series. I think he reffed maybe one game, and a host of sports analysts examined the series and could only find 1 call that was questionable in favor of the Spurs (they might even have found a few in the Suns' favor, I can't remember).

As far as the Mavericks are concerned, you can't complain about the officiating in the Finals and then stick your heads in the sand about the officiating in the Spurs-Mavs series. In the games that came down to the wire, we were losing Duncan (Dirk stepped on Duncan's foot/ Duncan called for a block after the ref pointed to the restricted area- nevermind the replay showing Duncan's heel a foot outside the arc) and other key players at the end of games on bad calls. Either Bowen or Ginobili fouled out when Terry jumped backwards into them to 'draw the foul.'

Ginobili is called (as he should have been) for the foul on Dirk at the end of regulation in game 7, but 5 seconds later Duncan is fouled by Dirk under the basket to prevent the dunk without a call. That whole series was atrocious. The end result of overturning all the bad calls in '06 is not a Maverick championship; it is probably a Maverick exit in the 2nd round.

And I know I'll have to make these same arguments for the rest of my life because you people will never win a championship and will be forced to try to create imaginary championships like these.

This mini essay screams "I'm retarded".

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 10:24 AM
"And I know I'll have to make these same arguments for the rest of my life because you people will never win a championship and will be forced to try to create imaginary championships like these."

And they do a nice victory parade after getting Paxson'ed.:ihit

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 10:29 AM
Hey, you got away with one. Big deal. You'd already sold yer soul when you tanked to get Duncan. Everything after that could be adjudicated as >tainted<. I certainly don't begrudge you yer 3 rings plus that strike one, but, they're is a gaggle of Suns fans who are pretty bushy tailed & tight lipped over the whole sordid mess, and they're quite loaded for bear.

Ah Culburn, there you go again...

Making accusations, but when anyone asks you to provide some evidence or even EXPLAIN what you think Duncan did wrong OR WHY it should have been a suspendable act, you just ignore them and fire back with some old timer comment or quote.

Still waiting for you to explain yourself in the last thread we had this discussion. But you won't because you CAN'T and you know we're right, and you just keep bringing it up to get a rise out of us Spurs fans. Sooner or later, you'll run out of quotes and catch phrases from that book of yours and then you'll finally have to provide this board with something of SUBSTANCE other than comic relief. What are you gonna do when your comedy bit runs dry?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
And Mike D'antoni is also a large reason the Suns lost the series.

Game 1 against the Spurs Kurt Thomas inexplicably only played 12 minutes, Tim Duncan had 33 points, but he had 8 offensive rebounds.

Game 2 Kurt Thomas starts and plays 29 minutes, Tim Duncan still has 29 points but he had to work a lot harder for them and they weren't bringing double teams down to help like they did for Amare, but more importantly he only had 2 offensive rebounds

Game 5 w/o Amare Kurt Thomas has one of the most under appreciated "step your game up" performances of the last few years. He had 15 points and 12 rebounds while holding Tim Duncan to 21 points and 12 rebounds, again only 2 offensive rebounds. Granted the Suns lost, Kurt Thomas more than did his job almost matching TD's production.

Game 6 is a must win game and the two victories against the Spurs involved KT playing big minutes, so D'antoni of course uses KT again in this must win game........by playing him a grant total of 12 minutes again, meanwhile he ignores the fact Barbosa had been taking a shit the entire series and gives him 27 minutes. Granted Timmy only has 24 points, but he has 9 offensive rebounds for the game and Bell and Marion are helping off Ginobili and Parker throughout the game. The guy D'antoni felt the need to give big minutes to, Barbosa, goes 5-15 from the floor while Parker and/or Ginobili are taking him to school whenever he's guarding one of them. The Suns lost by 8. Lets say KT is guarding Tim all night and holds him to 2 offensive rebounds again, the Spurs lose 7 possessions right there, god only knows who wins.

kskonn
07-20-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm nitpicking here but the Spurs went 15-2. The only team to ever go 15-1 was the 2001 Lakers

yea I was going to point that out. If I remember correctly we lost game 1 to the t-wolves out of the gate and Governor Jessie did his wrestling pump up speach about how they were going to take down the spurs in Minni. We then kicked the shit out of them at the two games at their place.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 10:38 AM
And Mike D'antoni is also a large reason the Suns lost the series.

Game 1 against the Spurs Kurt Thomas inexplicably only played 12 minutes, Tim Duncan had 33 points, but he had 8 offensive rebounds.

Game 2 Kurt Thomas starts and plays 29 minutes, Tim Duncan still has 29 points but he had to work a lot harder for them and they weren't bringing double teams down to help like they did for Amare, but more importantly he only had 2 offensive rebounds

Game 5 w/o Amare Kurt Thomas has one of the most under appreciated "step your game up" performances of the last few years. He had 15 points and 12 rebounds while holding Tim Duncan to 21 points and 12 rebounds, again only 2 offensive rebounds. Granted the Suns lost, Kurt Thomas more than did his job almost matching TD's production.

Game 6 is a must win game and the two victories against the Spurs involved KT playing big minutes, so D'antoni of course uses KT again in this must win game........by playing him a grant total of 12 minutes again, meanwhile he ignores the fact Barbosa had been taking a shit the entire series and gives him 27 minutes. Granted Timmy only has 24 points, but he has 9 offensive rebounds for the game and Bell and Marion are helping off Ginobili and Parker throughout the game. The guy D'antoni felt the need to give big minutes to, Barbosa, goes 5-15 from the floor while Parker and/or Ginobili are taking him to school whenever he's guarding one of them. The Suns lost by 8. Lets say KT is guarding Tim all night and holds him to 2 offensive rebounds again, the Spurs lose 7 possessions right there, god only knows who wins.

btw this right here^ is why I despise Mike D'antoni and don't care about how bad of a coach Porter was replacing him, I was just happy to see that joke leave Phoenix cause they were never going to win shit when the coach was pulling this stupid shit during a playoff series.

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 10:41 AM
yea I was going to point that out. If I remember correctly we lost game 1 to the t-wolves out of the gate and Governor Jessie did his wrestling pump up speach about how they were going to take down the spurs in Minni. We then kicked the shit out of them at the two games at their place.

Yep, that was the infamous series where Garnett tried his tough guy act on Robinson and Duncan and pushed one of them in the head. Then Duncan proceeded to DESTROY Garnett. Good memories...

kskonn
07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Yep, that was the infamous series where Garnett tried his tough guy act on Robinson and Duncan and pushed one of them in the head. Then Duncan proceeded to DESTROY Garnett. Good memories...

Yea that was awesome, I had forgotten about that. I guess Garnett was inspired by their governor flexing in the middle of the floor before the game.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 10:50 AM
The 2007 suns, just like the 05, 06 and 08 incarnations, were not going to beat the Spurs. They couldn't have beat the 06/07 Mavs, either.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 11:09 AM
The 2007 suns, just like the 05, 06 and 08 incarnations, were not going to beat the Spurs. They couldn't have beat the 06/07 Mavs, either.

Yes they could beat the Mavs and they would have. A year before that season they took the Mavs to 6 games w/o Amare, the biggest matchup problem for Dallas who ran train on them in 2005. The way I always saw it from 2005-2007 when Phoenix Dallas and SA were the powers in the West was San Antonio matched up horribly with Dallas, Phoenix matched up horribly with San Antonio, and Dallas matched up horribly with Phoenix. Of course, when healthy is key here, cause when Amare and Bell were injured Dallas was the better team.

They had the pieces to beat the Spurs in 2007, but D'antoni wasn't interested in that. In D'antoni's stubborn, one dimensional mind, using KT extensively for game 6 and game 7 would be "conceding" his style didn't work. EVEN IF using him more would have led to the Suns finally getting by the Spurs and winning their first ever championship, D'antoni was more concerned with making himself look like a genius by proving to people you can win a title without using a real center and without committing to playing defense. Basically, D'antoni wasn't interested in winning a championship if it meant playing better defense and doing everything the media had been saying the Suns neeeded to do for 3 years. This is why he continued to use a one trick pony player like Barbosa that couldn't do shit other than jack of threes and finish on a fast break even though Kurt Thomas had been stepping up the entire series and Barbosa hadn't done shit.

After the series was over, D'antoni even said, "We lost cause I used Kurt Thomas too much, I didn't stick to what had won 61 games". If D'antoni was coaching the same series I was watching and says that when asked about it, his team didn't deserve to win and wasn't going to.

BlackBellamy
07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't understand why some Spurs fans get so offended by saying the Suns were the better team.

Would you ever admit that a Lakers champ team was still lesser than their competition? As far as the D-Fish .4, total bullshit! It will haunt Spurs fan's memories for the rest of their lives.

Leetonidas
07-20-2009, 11:26 AM
No, the Spurs wouldnt have repeated. Shaq wasn't gonna be stopped by anything that year. And Fisher's shot was good, it was off in time, in fact it should have been .6 instead of .4, because that's when Duncan's shot went in. The shot was good.

And i didn't see the Manu foul play so I don't know about that one

:lol I know brah, I'm just putting all these hypothetical situations out there because it seems to be the trend in this stupid thread.

Oh yeah and if Rodman had gave a fuck in 95 then 8 RINGS FAGGOTS!!!

rjv
07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
d'antoni- a good coach who will never be a very good one. he is too stubborn to concede that his strategies are gimmicks. i put him in the same class as don nelson and george karl.

Leetonidas
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh and that 15-1 is a mistype, I meant to type 15-2

z0sa
07-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Yes they could beat the Mavs and they would have. A year before that season they took the Mavs to 6 games w/o Amare, the biggest matchup problem for Dallas who ran train on them in 2005. The way I always saw it from 2005-2007 when Phoenix Dallas and SA were the powers in the West was San Antonio matched up horribly with Dallas, Phoenix matched up horribly with San Antonio, and Dallas matched up horribly with Phoenix. Of course, when healthy is key here, cause when Amare and Bell were injured Dallas was the better team.

As soon as Mavs started playing defense, they were better than the Suns. One of those teams was going to beat the Suns 4 out of 7 every year because they could get stops and do it fairly consistently. There is the 'monumental choke' factor the Mavs randomly possess, but I don't see it happening against the Suns who let you into your comfort zone night in and night out.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 11:39 AM
As soon as Mavs started playing defense, they were better than the Suns.

z0sa/the goods/I'm flabbergasted style.

Ghazi
07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
2006 champs faggots

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 12:35 PM
lol 5 > 4

lol Dirk quitting midway through the Warriors series
lol 39% shooting
lol Dirk losing to an eighth seed
lol blowing 10 point leads in the fourth quarter
lol sissy team that can't even intentionally foul

http://imagecache.allposters.com/images/pic/PHO/AAHE097_8x10%7EDwyane-Wade-With-MVP-And-2006-Finals-Trophies-Posters.jpg

http://www.derrich.com/img/mavslogo_mlp.jpg

The Mavericks are so bad, they will let a fraud franchise player get a quadruple double on them one day.

So when did Mavs fan start claiming that they "won" in 2006 because of bad officiating?

Leetonidas
07-20-2009, 12:45 PM
In 2006.

bostonguy
07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
As soon as Mavs started playing defense, they were better than the Suns. One of those teams was going to beat the Suns 4 out of 7 every year because they could get stops and do it fairly consistently. There is the 'monumental choke' factor the Mavs randomly possess, but I don't see it happening against the Suns who let you into your comfort zone night in and night out.

While the Mavs D really improved, they matched up not all that well with a healthy suns team. The Suns got whatever they wanted against the Mavs d eventhough it really improved. The Nash/Amare pick and roll constantly worked against the Mavs D. It isnt a knock on the Mavs. They just had a very hard time matching up with the Suns just like the Spurs had a tough time matching up with the Mavs and the Suns with the Spurs.

I personally thought the 2007 Suns was the best team in the Nash era. If they had gotten by the spurs, no one else would have beaten them. I'm not going to use the ref card in that semis. The Spurs were just better. The Spurs were that one team that could limit the Suns offense. No other team in the league was able to do that. If you cant limit the Suns O, you werent going to beat them in a 7 game series.

scottspurs
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Get over it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
While the Mavs D really improved, they matched up not all that well with a healthy suns team. The Suns got whatever they wanted against the Mavs d eventhough it really improved. The Nash/Amare pick and roll constantly worked against the Mavs D. It isnt a knock on the Mavs. They just had a very hard time matching up with the Suns just like the Spurs had a tough time matching up with the Mavs and the Suns with the Spurs.

This. Mavs got better defensively once Nash left but the Suns still imposed their will on them, just like the other extremely up tempo team in 2007 did.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 01:08 PM

I personally thought the 2007 Suns was the best team in the Nash era. If they had gotten by the spurs, no one else would have beaten them. I'm not going to use the ref card in that semis. The Spurs were just better. The Spurs were that one team that could limit the Suns offense. No other team in the league was able to do that. If you cant limit the Suns O, you werent going to beat them in a 7 game series.

I agree that Mavs/Suns or Mavs/Spurs in 07 would have been epic and could've gone either way. I just put the Mavs in there because they were another team that could've stopped Phoenix in 07 IMO.

BTW, not being an ass, but the 'ref' card can't be pulled. Donaghy had *maybe* one missed call go the spurs way. In all likelihood, Donaghy didn't purposely affect the game in any way.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:14 PM
In all likelihood, Donaghy didn't purposely affect the game in any way.

Not what the FBI thought. I don't bitch about that game cause I think it was the Spurs first home game and they probably woulda won anyway, but there were some irregularities in that game free throw wise.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Not what the FBI thought. I don't bitch about that game cause I think it was the Spurs first home game and they probably woulda won anyway, but there were some irregularities in that game free throw wise.

Donaghy didn't do shit to change game 3 in the Spurs favor, period. It has been gladly proven by spurfan call by call in numerous old threads, video included. Feel free to stop talking out of your ass and find one.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Donaghy didn't do shit to change game 3 in the Spurs favor, period. It has been gladly proven by spurfan in numerous old threads, video included. Feel free to stop talking out of your ass and find one.

YIKES! DUNCAN just goosed z0sa in his sweet spot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Donaghy didn't do shit to change game 3 in the Spurs favor, period. It has been gladly proven by spurfan call by call in numerous old threads, video included. Feel free to stop talking out of your ass and find one.

A call I can remember off the top of my head was that offensive foul Amare got when Oberto clearly flopped and was inside the semi-circle.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 01:30 PM
YIKES! DUNCAN just goosed z0sa in his sweet spot.

You're right. I was appalled to think the Spurs title could be tainted. Many fans felt this same sort of disappointment which is why the reffing scandal was such a huge deal. Luckily, an objective view of Donaghy's calls, call by call, undoubtedly proves that game (game 3 IIRC) was not fixed in the Spurs favor.

Ghazi
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Mavs defense was 9th as far as efficiency in 02-03 :)

Everyone seems to forget that if the best power forward in the universe didn't get hurt and Kerr didn't hit a bunch of lucky 3's we would've won it all.

With Steve Nash as the PG :)

da_suns_fan
I think the Spurs would have won even if there werent the suspensions. The Suns came back by a large amount to win game four. The suspensions just bought D'Antoni another year.

Ghazi
oops think I meant to post that in the other thread... too lazy to undo though

03/06 champs fgts

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
You're right. I was appalled to think the Spurs title could be tainted.

...tanking for Duncan the exception.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Mavs defense was 9th as far as efficiency in 02-03 :)

Everyone seems to forget that if the best power forward in the universe didn't get hurt and Kerr didn't hit a bunch of lucky 3's we would've won it all.

With Steve Nash as the PG :)

almost winning it all and not winning it all are the exact same thing.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
The suspensions just bought D'Antoni another year.

D'antoni wasn't fired, he left on his own whim. Maybe Sarver and Kerr weren't very nice to him, but he was their first choice to coach last season.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 01:48 PM
almost winning it all and not winning it all are the exact same thing.

....Victory Parade down Central Avenue withstanding.

tee, hee.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:53 PM
....Victory Parade down Central Avenue withstanding.

tee, hee.

I didn't plan the parade, don't talk to me about it.

Thompson
07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
This mini essay screams "I'm retarded".

Now that you've realized you have a problem, hopefully you can get the help you need for your 'condition.' I'll try to use smaller words in my posts to help you out in the future.

angelbelow
07-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Burning question:

If Kobe was convicted because of significant evidence of rape, how many more endorsements would Mr. Bryant lose.

elbamba
07-20-2009, 02:44 PM

Hmmm. I wonder if the Kings feel the same way about 2002?

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if the Kings feel the same way about 2002?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131636