PDA

View Full Version : Kings 2002 NBA Champions

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 02:37 AM
I think you have the right just like Ghazi to argue that the Kings were the best team in 2002 and should have won the Championship....

I think the Kings-Lakers series officiating in 2002 is just as bad as the Heat-Mavericks officiating in 2006.

With all honesty here... 2006 Dallas Mavericks and 2002 Sacramento Kings are the Real Champions:

Turnabout is fair play! :toast
Discuss...

H_i3Vnd0n44

redzero
07-20-2009, 02:44 AM
I concur. 27 free throws in one quarter is bullshit.

DAF86
07-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Biggest robbery on NBA history.

DAF86
07-20-2009, 03:05 AM
If you need another proof that NBA refs favor the Lakers look at this:

4seZN-Fv6wI

angelbelow
07-20-2009, 03:20 AM
lol

carrao45
07-20-2009, 04:24 AM
Please read this. I know it's long, but it would renew your faith in the NBA

http://www.82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm

Amaso
07-20-2009, 04:30 AM
Please read this. I know it's long, but it would renew your faith in the NBA

http://www.82games.com/lakerskingsgame6.htm

I rewatched the entire series a few months ago, and from what I could tell it was pretty up and down the entire damn series in terms of officiating. Yeah, the Lakers got about 4 or 5 50/50 calls in the 4th quarter of game 6, but that's to be expected. If I was a Sacramento fan, I'd be mad about that quarter too. But the Lakers got jobbed a couple of times that series as well.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 04:43 AM
the Kings were the best team in 2002 and should have won the Championship

That "should have" malarkey is what led you to 4-1 Mavs a couple months back, Dunc.

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 05:10 AM
27 free throws in 4th quarter is just too obvious...Kings should have won that game.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 05:32 AM
27 free throws in 4th quarter is just too obvious...Kings should have won that game.

Wouldn't-a stopped the Mavs from bustin' yer ass 4-1. You had that comin', daddy-O.

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Wouldn't-a stopped the Mavs from bustin' yer ass 4-1. You had that comin', daddy-O.

im not a spurs player so that dosent bother me at all:toast

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 05:52 AM
im not a spurs player so that dosent bother me at all:toast

Damn! Perhaps some collateral damage then: Everybody else that tanked for Duncan hang a right, take a look.

BRHornet45
07-20-2009, 06:56 AM
Sacramento Kings 2002 NBA Champions .... respect for the true champs sons

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 07:11 AM
Sacramento Kings 2002 NBA Champions .... respect for the true champs sons

Sweet Jesus, it's the Hornets:::second cousins to the Blazers & Bobcats= anytime they see the Lakers come to town they get up off their lazy asses and get their shit together, like pronto. Otherwise?...they're just check cashers.

Hey, BR, when the '10 schedule comes out run over to it, circle the dates the Lakers are comin' in and then go back to yer siesta. Savvy, youngster?

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
That "should have" malarkey is what led you to 4-1 Mavs a couple months back, Dunc.

Nice try old timer...
Who's talking about the 2009 Mavs? This is 2002 we are talking about, you know the one where the league handed your Lakers a title, because it would "be in the best interest of the league to extend the series."

Watch the news report in the video posted. It's not just my opinion or some witty quote I found in a book...

Besides, this thread was started in response to one of your own Laker fans starting the "Suns 2007 Champions." Figure you guys shold be able to take it, if you're willing to dish it out...:toast

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Nice try old timer...
Who's talking about the 2009 Mavs? This is 2002 we are talking about, you know the one where the league handed your Lakers a title, because it would "be in the best interest of the league to extend the series."

Watch the news report in the video posted. It's not just my opinion or some witty quote I found in a book...

Besides, this thread was started in response to one of your own Laker fans starting the "Suns 2007 Champions." Figure you guys shold be able to take it, if you're willing to dish it out...:toast

I got no problem takin' it whatsoever. This "old timer" discovered decades ago that nobody gave two shits when I stood by and watched the Celtics get "handed" a few "in the best interest of the league." So I figured, what the fuck, what's good for the goose, is surely good for the gander.

Ipso facto, Dunc, I strive for only two goals: 1. make the playoffs. 2. win the last game I play. How I get there and by what means it's accomplished is of no concern to me in the slightest.

jacobdrj
07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
They would have won the title, but their coach wasn't without blame... and they should have made their free throws...

To this day, my throat is still sore from screening 'WHO'S ON HORRY?! WHO'S ON HORRY?! NOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY DID DIVAC PASS THE BALL TO HORRY?!'

z0sa
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
This thread makes a hundred times more sense than the 2007 one.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 11:37 AM
They would have won the title, but their coach wasn't without blame... and they should have made their free throws...

To this day, my throat is still sore from screening 'WHO'S ON HORRY?! WHO'S ON HORRY?! NOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY DID DIVAC PASS THE BALL TO HORRY?!'

CWEBB was on him. You know the last thing Adelman told him was "don't leave Horry, Chris." But, Webber was always a dumbshit, got bored out there on the arc and peeked inside, saw the commotion and started up that lane.

What, three years later Wallace made the same mistake, turned his back on Horry and Shaaaaaaaaaazaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm!

Banzai
07-20-2009, 12:04 PM
Fuck ya go lakers!

j-money24
07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Good for them :toast

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-20-2009, 12:17 PM
oh well..what do you expect? we da lakers! :lol
!

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
CWEBB was on him. You know the last thing Adelman told him was "don't leave Horry, Chris." But, Webber was always a dumbshit, got bored out there on the arc and peeked inside, saw the commotion and started up that lane.

What, three years later Wallace made the same mistake, turned his back on Horry and Shaaaaaaaaaazaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmm!

That shot of Robert's vs. the Kings would have been forgotten in the NBA archives if the Kings had RIGHTFULLY won Game 6, like they were supposed to. Nobody cares about game winning shots if you lose the series. Lebron's game winner is meaningless since they lost the series to Orlando.

If Kings get a fair shake in Game 6 from the refs, Lakers lose the series that very night and Kings go on to win the Finals.

DrHouse
07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Eh, Kings had Game 7 on their home floor. The fact that they couldn't close out the series shows me they really didn't deserve to win that series.

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Eh, Kings had Game 7 on their home floor. The fact that they couldn't close out the series shows me they really didn't deserve to win that series.

David Stern agrees with you, hence the fix

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 01:18 PM
That shot of Robert's vs. the Kings would have been forgotten in the NBA archives if the Kings had RIGHTFULLY won Game 6, like they were supposed to. Nobody cares about game winning shots if you lose the series. Lebron's game winner is meaningless since they lost the series to Orlando.

If Kings get a fair shake in Game 6 from the refs, Lakers lose the series that very night and Kings go on to win the Finals.

"would have" "if" "RIGHTFULLY"...sometimes that bear eats you (Celtics '08) and sometimes, DUNC, you get up all over that mother'fer (Horry waiting patiently). He had the discipline to holt still while all in front of him was chaos.

Dunc n Dave
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
"would have" "if" "RIGHTFULLY"...sometimes that bear eats you (Celtics '08) and sometimes, DUNC, you get up all over that mother'fer (Horry waiting patiently). He had the discipline to holt still while all in front of him was chaos.

Right place, at the right time. Blind luck has nothing to do with discipline. You make it sound liek Zen Master Phil drew it up to end that way at Robert played the part of the good soldier following his marching orders... Please...