PDA

View Full Version : Scariest movies???

holcs50
07-20-2009, 06:29 AM
alright now days like no movie scared me. I want a movie that really keeps me up and gives me nightmares-just doesn't happen anymore. My list of scary movies mostly comes from things that freaked me out as a teenager-last 8 years or so I have yet to see a movie that I'm like "whoa, that's freaky". I'd say my list goes

Event horizon = had nightmares about this movie for months, just a really dark movie and the video part about what happened to the crew-pure evil

Nightmare on elm street= as a kid seeing it was prob not a good idea, but saw it again recently and laughed my ass off, just a movie that scares kids

High tension- I lied above this movie i saw about two years ago and scared the shit out of me, french film, just scary as fuck. I think this probably is the scariest movie ive ever seen because the first two i listed i saw again older and they didn't quite hold up (event is still freaky tho), this i saw older and still kept me up. I'd say this is the scariest movie for sure. Don't watch this at night in the dark if your a person who gets nightmares-it will 100 percent give you them.

Heath Ledger
07-20-2009, 06:35 AM
When I was a kid Nightmare on Elm Street did it for me. I had to watch that shit during the daytime, yet I tortured myself and watched it over and over and always had nightmares about Freddy.

SpursStalker
07-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I saw Exorcist at 13 and it was scary as fuck

The first Alien, scared the crap out of me as well.

Takes alot for a movie to scare me now days ...

*shrugs*

sonic21
07-20-2009, 07:51 AM
can't remember a movie who scared me when i was younger but MJ's thriller scared me when i was 5.

101A
07-20-2009, 01:05 PM

hater
07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
off the top of my head

will probably give you nightmares:
deathwatch
devil's backbone
suspiria
original wicker man
audition
cronos
jacobbs ladder
descent

will mess your head up forever:
in my skin
Men behind the sun
cannibal holocaust
guinea pig
johnny got his gun

tlongII
07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
http://www.dreamagic.com/vivianrose/alien.gif
http://chud.com/articles/content_images/5/alien_movie_poster.jpg

CuckingFunt
07-20-2009, 02:17 PM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3338/audition1999posterasian.jpg

mardigan
07-20-2009, 02:17 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130564&highlight=scary+movies

Some good ones in there.

mardigan
07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/3338/audition1999posterasian.jpg

That movie isn't scary in the least. It's just gross. Its like saying Hostel is scary.

PakiDan
07-20-2009, 02:31 PM
off the top of my head

will probably give you nightmares:
deathwatch
devil's backbone
suspiria
original wicker man
audition
cronos
jacobbs ladder
descent

will mess your head up forever:
in my skin
Men behind the sun
cannibal holocaust
guinea pig
johnny got his gun

What an awesome list. You know your horror.

ManuTP9
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
guinea pig scared the shit out of me when i first seen it

Fpoonsie
07-20-2009, 02:44 PM
As has already been mentioned, how old you were when you saw these movies plays a major role -- which is why Event Horizon and Hellraiser fucked with my head so severely.

I actually think Silent Hill was a pretty decent flick. There were a few fairly intense scenes in that one.

angelbelow
07-20-2009, 05:24 PM
The Grudge (Japanese version)

z0sa
07-20-2009, 05:31 PM
It will always be scary to me. I still check behind the shower curtain every now and then ... or expect some dead family member calling to me from the drain.

The Gemini Method
07-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Hater pretty much sums it up...

some other ones that could be really good are:

Inside
High Tension
Visitor Q
Neighbor 13

Not a scary movie per se, but as twisted as they come is:

Battle Royale (Japanese ver.)

mrsmaalox
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
When I was a kid I was easily scared---but since about my teen years the films supply more of a "cringe" than a scare.

CuckingFunt
07-20-2009, 06:52 PM
That movie isn't scary in the least. It's just gross. Its like saying Hostel is scary.

Depends on what you find scary, then. Things that are disturbing and/or especially suspenseful tend to stay with me a lot longer than a quick scare. Creepy monsters jumping out of the shadows scare the crap out of me while I'm watching, but they're forgotten two minutes later.

pkbpkb81
07-20-2009, 08:33 PM
when i was in like 5th gread candy man scared me

BadOdor
07-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Anyone else excited about the new horror-in-space movie?(pandoram or something like that).

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Not a scary movie per se, but as twisted as they come is:

Battle Royale (Japanese ver.)

What other version is there?

And yes, Audition and the Guinea Pig series rate very high on the fucked-up-shitometer.

bendmz
07-20-2009, 09:59 PM
I think somewhere you have to draw the line. What you know going in is a scary movie and you know it is hollywood and which ones actually make your ass think, shit this could be real.......... ROSEMARY'S BABY, PUMPKINHEAD...
but the original 13 ghost was pretty bad back then....

cornbread
07-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Candyman

exstatic
07-20-2009, 10:48 PM
John Carpenter's The Thing

Udokafan05
07-20-2009, 11:00 PM
After watching the first hostel, i didnt think it could get any more gruesome, but Hostel 2made the first one look PG.

brettn
07-21-2009, 12:23 AM
After watching the first hostel, i didnt think it could get any more gruesome, but Hostel 2made the first one look PG.

Hostel 2 was fucking shitty.

holcs50
07-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Hostel?? Lol, that movie is tame compared to the movies hater suggested. These movies are made as exploitation films and a lot of them focus on human torture and depicting it in the sickest ways they can.

Guinea pig is just a 45 minute take on an asian dude slowly torturing and chopping up a chick. That's it.
I heard august underground is downright disgusting as it is similar and just shows the nastiest ways you could think of to torture someone.
Cannibal holocaust I heard is pretty foul-with nasty torture/kills.

Movies like these are really in their own class. Hostel and movies like that actually put in a little story and dialogue to where these are just made to see how sick they can be.

xellos88330
07-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Exorcist by a long shot for me. That movie still freaks me the fuck out. It's something to do with unnatural body contortions... that scares the shit out of me. I avoid circus side shows.

SA210
07-21-2009, 02:37 AM
Pet Semetary

SA210
07-21-2009, 05:28 AM
Pet Semetary

This bitch scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. :lol

Zelda from "Pet Semetary".

oV4nwwgVEc4&feature=related

The Gemini Method
07-21-2009, 12:29 PM
What other version is there?

And yes, Audition and the Guinea Pig series rate very high on the fucked-up-shitometer.

There is a Korean version under a different name--you know, same concept but different style and not at least in the same breath as the Japanese vers.

hater
07-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Rosemary's Baby, yeah, definitely scary. Also, Repulsion for another old scary classic.

and Audition not scary??? what could be more scary than a nice looking chick coming to your house and ending up playing with your body parts??? I still have yet to see that movie twice

hater
07-21-2009, 01:19 PM
oh and noone has commented on In My Skin. Watch it, that takes the cake!

I mean... a chick that takes bathroom breaks during a business dinner to munch on herself? :toast

nkdlunch
07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
any film by David Lynch or David Cronnenberg. (my favorite directores)

any given film by them has at least 1 or 2 scenes that will fuck you up.

Lynch - Mulholland Drive - the scene where they show who's in the dumpster behind the restaurant, I almost had a heartattack. Or the scene in the theatre. scary.

Cronnenberg - Videodrome - A guy finds a channel broadcasting snuff. Sick and twisted nonstop, almost has no comparison.

SpursStalker
07-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Pet Semetary

Wimp ...

:lol

JudynTX
07-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Wimp ...

:lmao:lmao

SA210
07-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Wimp ...

Nah, it was actually a good horror film. Better than any crap that's out these days.

bostonguy
07-21-2009, 09:01 PM
The Strangers with Liv Tyler. The reason why I say this movie is because it was too close to home. In the woods and 3 masked people torment this couple. Then when Liv asked them "why are you doing this" and that masked chick responds "because you were home". Just freaky ass shit that was.

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-21-2009, 09:42 PM
There is a Korean version under a different name--you know, same concept but different style and not at least in the same breath as the Japanese vers.

I knew that there was a sequel to Battle Royale (which was really weak), and I knew that there was a Korean version of the original version of The Ring. Never heard about the Korean BR though. I'll have to track that down.

howbouthemspurs
07-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Alien is hands down the scariest movie I ever seen. It still freaks me out when I watch it!

PakiDan
07-22-2009, 11:46 AM
I just saw Let The Right One In.... What a great flick!! I'm not saying it's the greatest, but it's by far one of the best vampire movies ever. The story is beautiful, the emotion, the cinematography. Wow! Go rent it.

desflood
07-22-2009, 12:00 PM
I just saw Let The Right One In.... What a great flick!! I'm not saying it's the greatest, but it's by far one of the best vampire movies ever. The story is beautiful, the emotion, the cinematography. Wow! Go rent it.
I have that in my Netflix queue. You mean the original, right? I don't think they've made the inevitable watered-down American version yet.

Scary movies... I saw Candyman as a very young teenager and I still can't turn off the bathroom light until I'm all the way out of the room :lol

PakiDan
07-22-2009, 12:07 PM
I have that in my Netflix queue. You mean the original, right? I don't think they've made the inevitable watered-down American version yet.

Scary movies... I saw Candyman as a very young teenager and I still can't turn off the bathroom light until I'm all the way out of the room :lol

Yeah... the Swedish Version. Absolutely amazing.