PDA

View Full Version : Treat McDyess Well Spurs Fans

Strokin3's
07-20-2009, 07:40 AM
You guys are getting one heLL of a guy in Antonio McDyess or shall I say San Antonio McDyess. :) He will give his heart and soul and then some. I can't wait to see him alongside Timmy D and I think you diehard Spurs fans will fall in love with the guy. McDyess will be sorely missed in Piston land. I am a true red, white and blue Detroit Piston, but the Spurs are my 2nd favorite team I must say. My Pistons are in rebuilding mode at the moment so my favorite to win the NBA Championship is none other than your San Antonio Spurs. I kind of view the Spurs as the Pistons of the West. Good luck staying healthy and please get McDyess that ring he deserves. Go Pistons, Go Spurs!!!

urunobili
07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Classy post welcome to the board :tu

Spursmania
07-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the board. Piston fans are always classy and welcome. :toast

Strokin3's
07-20-2009, 08:01 AM
Classy post welcome to the board :tu

Thanks for the welcome, I will visit often during the Spurs run to dethrone the Fakers, oh I mean the Lakers, sorry. LMAO

Strokin3's
07-20-2009, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the board. Piston fans are always classy and welcome. :toast

Thanks for the welcome, Go Spurs!!!

BillMc
07-20-2009, 08:06 AM
You guys are getting one heLL of a guy in Antonio McDyess or shall I say San Antonio McDyess. :) He will give his heart and soul and then some. I can't wait to see him alongside Timmy D and I think you diehard Spurs fans will fall in love with the guy. McDyess will be sorely missed in Piston land. I am a true red, white and blue Detroit Piston, but the Spurs are my 2nd favorite team I must say. My Pistons are in rebuilding mode at the moment so my favorite to win the NBA Championship is none other than your San Antonio Spurs. I kind of view the Spurs as the Pistons of the West. Good luck staying healthy and please get McDyess that ring he deserves. Go Pistons, Go Spurs!!!

Very nice comments. Thank you for the good words and good luck to you and the Pistons both!:toast

Brazil
07-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the welcome, I will visit often during the Spurs run to dethrone the Fakers, oh I mean the Lakers, sorry. LMAO

it seems you belong here ! FTL !

sonic21
07-20-2009, 08:08 AM
welcome to the board!!

spurspokesman
07-20-2009, 08:15 AM

Welcome. Way to start off. Nice post.

qiuyizeng
07-20-2009, 09:18 AM
welcome !

mudyez
07-20-2009, 09:33 AM
I kind of view the Spurs as the Pistons of the West.

kind what we are doing with the Pistons vice versa!

welcome!

Pistons < Spurs
07-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Sweet! Another Pistons fan!

Has there been any public comments from Dice regarding his decision to go to SA? I haven't really seen anything up to this point.

bishopospurs
07-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Will always thank the Pistons for beating the Lakers in the finals with shaq, kobe, payton, malone, you know the guys. Everyone had the Lakers as a lock to win the championship that year and the Pistons just took it from them in 5 games.

mudyez
07-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Will always thank the Pistons for beating the Lakers in the finals with shaq, kobe, payton, malone, you know the guys. Everyone had the Lakers as a lock to win the championship that year and the Pistons just took it from them in 5 games.

the famous five game sweep

lotr1trekkie
07-20-2009, 10:25 AM
McDyess is vintage Spur! He flies under the radar and doesn't care who gets the credit. He will love SA because he will be able to live without bodyguards. He is 100% upgrade at starting center and will take pressure off Timmy in the paint. He won't even have to play 32m a game. Pop will monitor his minutes also. He will be, in fact, the most influential FA signing of the offseason[sorry vINCE, sHEED and sHAQ].

Strokin3's
07-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Sweet! Another Pistons fan!

Has there been any public comments from Dice regarding his decision to go to SA? I haven't really seen anything up to this point.

I haven't heard a public statement from Dyess, but the Pistons organization loves McDyess and would have loved to have him back, but the best move was for Antonio to have a legitimate shot at a ring. Antonio McDyess is very hungry and you guys will see, this guy does not play like a 34 year old man at all. He will dive for loose balls, sacrifice his body and absolutely hustle all over the court giving maximum effort. McDyess was the only guy that refused to give less than 100% when things got out of control last season with the whole Allen Iverson and inexperienced coach Curry situation. In the 1st round against the Cavs we were down 3-0 and McDyess came out fighting in game 4 with a 26 point, 10 rebound performance, refusing to quit. So again, we hated to see Antonio leave and he basically waited around until the NBA announced the salary cap to see how much cap space the Pistons had, but I believe Joe D encouraged McDyess to do what was best for himself this time. Remember McDyess walked away from Denver in the Billups trade leaving a substantial amount of money on the table due to his loyalty to the Pistons organization. It wasn't fair for him to only take the 3.5 million the Pistons could offer, but to also have little chance of winning a title due to the Pistons being in transition mode. I am happy for McDyess and rooting for the Spurs to take care of business. McDyess is 2nd to none in his loyality, effort, passion for the game, and desire to win a ring. Get Er' Done fellas, Spurs 09/10 NBA World Champions!!!!

Darthkiller
07-20-2009, 10:44 AM
i will never forget the game vs Orlando last season. He broke his ribcage, grabbing a game deciding rebound in the closing minute of the game. True Warrior.

SenorSpur
07-20-2009, 10:44 AM

No. You had it correct the first time. :lol

Take a bow and welcome to Spurland. :toast

ducks
07-20-2009, 10:57 AM

there is a piston forum here also

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Spurs fans will treat him well until he shows any sign of slowing down.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 10:59 AM
Don't miss the Pistons forum. Lots of good Pistons fanatics here :toast

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Spurs are a fickle fan base.

Strokin3's
07-20-2009, 11:22 AM
Don't miss the Pistons forum. Lots of good Pistons fanatics here :toast

Thanks z0sa, I am going to check it out. I was pleasantly suprised to see so much love for the Pistons in Spurs land. The Pistons and Spurs are my two favorite teams so this is the best of both worlds here. Thanks for the info z0sa. Go Pistons!! Go Spurs!!

G-Nob
07-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Depends if he's sharp in his rotations.

and

san antonio mcdyess. That's so funny. :rolleyes

z0sa
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks z0sa, I am going to check it out. I was pleasantly suprised to see so much love for the Pistons in Spurs land. The Pistons and Spurs are my two favorite teams so this is the best of both worlds here. Thanks for the info z0sa. Go Pistons!! Go Spurs!!

The 04 Pistons team is one of my all-time favorites. Complete Unity on both ends. If the 05 version hadn't have almost broke our collective spurs hearts, they'd be there instead (though that series nearly gave me a heart attack a couple times)

SpurCharger
07-20-2009, 12:41 PM
I have Always Loved Mcdyess..... Im glad he is Here, and Im sure he will do much Better then Bonner, Kurt thomas, or Oberto...... Welcome Antonio!

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Antonio Mcdyess will be treated well..

angelbelow
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Welcome!

symple19
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Great post and welcome:tu I'll never forget spilling beer on myself and my girlfriend I was so happy when the pistons locked up the title against the lakers. I'll never forget the bad boys being bad and playing lock-down D. Those Pistons title teams all got it done with D and fundamentals(with a few busted lips and a lot of bruises thrown in for good measure):toast To you and Pistons fans everywhere.

Dex
07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
:tu and welcome to the forum. McDyess should be in good hands with the Spurs organization. Hopefully he can can come down here and get that ring.

As for the Pistons, I've had a healthy respect for them since 2004 when they knocked off the Fab Four Lakers. I was actually in Los Angeles and San Diego during those Finals, and it was utterly spectacular to watch the meltdown. :lol

EricB
07-20-2009, 02:14 PM
Spurs fans will treat him well until he shows any sign of slowing down.

:lol funny cause it's so true

Crookshanks
07-20-2009, 03:44 PM
I grew up in Michigan and remember the Bad Boys - so I was deliriously happy when they knocked off the Lakers in 2004. In fact, I had my sister send me a championship t-shirt that year. I figured if my beloved Spurs couldn't be the champions, then I was rooting for whoever played against the Fakers. And watching that beat-down was priceless!

So thanks for McDyess and the words of support. And I like that name - San Antonio McDyess - we'll see if it catches on.

SpursWench21
07-20-2009, 03:50 PM
San Antonio McDyess....could become a classic nickname quickly here in SA....i like it!

Nice comments...I always liked that '04 Pistons squad in that they were a great underdog and busted up the Lakers in the finals. The 2005 Finals was a clash of titans if i ever saw one...Welcome to the board!:flag:

Stringer_Bell
07-20-2009, 04:21 PM
It was a bummer to see Detroit and SA go down so fast in this year's playoffs. I always figured they were a lot alike, consistent contenders...but SA's injuries and Iverson's ego did us in. I got faith in Detroit to stay around though. :)

Welcome, and make sure to stay properly hydrated because the Spurs will give you a lot to cheer for this year!

PM5K
07-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Posters like you are the reason we have a Pistons section, there seem to be a lot of intelligent Piston fans.

duncan228
07-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Welcome to the board Strokin3's. We Spurs fans appreciate getting McDyess, and I'm sure the Spurs will treat him well. Hopefully they get him his ring.

Agloco
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the board Strokin3's. We Spurs fans appreciate getting McDyess, and I'm sure the Spurs will treat him well. Hopefully they get him his rings.

Fixed :hat

concken
07-20-2009, 08:42 PM
good stuff

Manu-of-steel
07-20-2009, 09:09 PM
antonio to san antonio- what a signing by spurs. and thanks pistons fans, you're all welcome to aboard!

BuzzerBeater
07-20-2009, 10:37 PM
San Antonio McDyess....could become a classic nickname quickly here in SA....i like it!

Nice comments...I always liked that '04 Pistons squad in that they were a great underdog and busted up the Lakers in the finals. The 2005 Finals was a clash of titans if i ever saw one...Welcome to the board!:flag:

St. Antonio. That's what "San" means, Saint so it kind of rolls nicely, St. Antonio, hope his gospel is defense and rebounds.:flag:

SouthTexasRancher
07-20-2009, 10:45 PM

You'll fit in just fine. Welcome aboard...!

Rebounds
07-20-2009, 10:46 PM
I still remember the video of the closing to the '05 Finals Gm. 7 where the camera shows a close-up of Antonio smiling a big smile,wonder if his smile will be just as big at the end of this "09-'10 season?