07-20-2009, 12:08 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4341269

j-money24
07-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Uh oh, DoK

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Uh oh, DoK

I hope he doesn't have a belt or shoelaces handy.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
It was a $26M extension but, Sarver garnished $4M right off the bat to pay Porter not to coach, since Nash is the one who ran him off.

BRHornet45
07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
LOL sons what a joke

sribb43
07-20-2009, 12:16 PM
so for the next 3 yrs...

Kidd: $25 mil
Nash $35 mil

Kidd deal doesnt look so bad now

BRHornet45
07-20-2009, 12:17 PM
sons at this rate, we may as well extend Peja's contract ... i say 3 years, $40 million. since everyone else keeps giving washed up trash too much money.

rjv
07-20-2009, 12:19 PM
so he has accepted the fact that he will never win a title?

sribb43
07-20-2009, 12:20 PM

Nash must planning for early retirement in PHX

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 12:28 PM
so for the next 3 yrs...

Nash $35 mil

Um,

Nash >>>>> Kidd.

Ghazi
07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
sons at this rate, we may as well extend Peja's contract ... i say 3 years, $40 million. since everyone else keeps giving washed up trash too much money.

Nash/Kidd would easily be the 2nd best player on the Hornets :lol

Yet would have the 5th highest salary.

lol 121-63

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Nash/Kidd would easily be the 2nd best player on the Hornets :lol

Yet would have the 5th highest salary.

lol 121-63

I think every team in the league would rather have David West over Jason Kidd.

sprrs
07-20-2009, 12:33 PM

As long as he's having fun.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I think every team in the league would rather have David West over Jason Kidd.

In spite of the fact they both shoot from 21 foot out.

Trainwreck2100
07-20-2009, 12:34 PM
so for the next 3 yrs...

Nash $35 mil

I you put an ugly chick next to a really ugly chick you still feel like shit when you wake up next to the ugly chick

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I you put an ugly chick next to a really ugly chick you still feel like shit when you wake up next to the ugly chick

lolololol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 12:48 PM
As long as he's having fun.

Fun > championship

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Um,

Nash >>>>> Kidd.

You must be pumped for three more years of losing in the first round or possibly missing the playoffs completely.

spursfan1000
07-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Damn arent the Suns in a rebuilding mode? why would you give a 35 year old (not sure of age) such a big contract...another big mistake by steve kerr.

Findog
07-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Um,

Nash >>>>> Kidd.

Uh, no:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AguWVEYAofwle1ThGygBwiWQvLYF?gid=200 9040506

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Over paying a washed up player to ensure the Suns can barely sneak into the playoffs and maintain mediocrity rather than scrap the team..........it's like Jerry Colangelo never sold the team and Bryan Colangelo never went to Toronto!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Uh, no:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AguWVEYAofwle1ThGygBwiWQvLYF?gid=200 9040506

:lmao

Nash probably felt like Kidd's wife after that game the way Kidd slapped him around.

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:02 PM
You must be pumped for three more years of losing in the first round or possibly missing the playoffs completely.

Right...cuz a team with Nash never makes it past the first round of the playoffs.

:rolleyes

Your posts have become a cliche. The bottom line is Nash is worth whatever other teams would be willing to pay him. We know Portland and especially New York were after him and were willing to offer 10+. Thus, the extention is a pretty fair value IMO.

Findog
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Kidd can't shoot anything midrange, Nash can't play defense. I'll put Kidd's ability to hit a three ball up against Nash.

I'd rather have a guy who can still defend the bigger two-guards like Kidd can. Nobody can keep CP3, Parker or Harris in front of them, so why that's a mark against Kidd and not others I don't know.

resistanze
07-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Nash got dick slapped in that game. $22 million well spent.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Right...cuz a team with Nash never makes it past the first round of the playoffs.

Not in the past two years they haven't. Idk why you'd expect it to change.

ElNono
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
LOL Suns

Findog
07-20-2009, 01:06 PM

It's 2009, not 2006. I doubt Shaq is going to average 30 and 13 again like he did back in 2000.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Your posts have become a cliche. The bottom line is Nash is worth whatever other teams would be willing to pay him. We know Portland and especially New York were after him and were willing to offer 10+. Thus, the extention is a pretty fair value IMO.

The dollar value doesn't bother me at all. Killing the future cap flexibility of the team in the long term just to be barely good enough to make the playoffs in the short term is what bothers me. The Suns need to be in rebuilding mode, not "maintain mediocrity" mode.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:08 PM
It's 2009, not 2006

da_suns_fan struggles with this concept.

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:12 PM
It's 2009, not 2006. I doubt Shaq is going to average 30 and 13 again like he did back in 2000.

Id take Nash's number from 08 or 07.

BTW - Congrats on replacing Monos with DOK. Who knew that you could find an even BIGGER douche to idolize you?!!

You guys can bash Nash and the Suns all you want. I have better things to do today besides read your tired, unoriginal "opinions".

Brazil
07-20-2009, 01:12 PM

for 35 M he can live with that

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:13 PM
da_suns_fan struggles with this concept.

You have serious issues, man. You troll around on a board all day screaming to no one in particular how much you hate the Suns.

Get a fucking life, loser.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:15 PM

What about his defense?

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
After receiving an improved offer last week and taking a few more days to deliberate, two-time NBA Most Valuable Player Steve Nash notified the Phoenix Suns over the weekend that he is accepting the Suns' two-year extension offer worth an estimated $22 million, according to team sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Nash is expected to formally announce his decision via his Twitter feed later Monday.

The Suns offered Nash a two-year, $20 million extension two weeks ago in addition to the $13.1 million he's owed next season, then bumped it higher in a meeting in Las Vegas last Wednesday attended by Suns owner Robert Sarver, president of basketball operations Steve Kerr and Nash's agent Bill Duffy.

Although signals had been getting stronger in recent days that Nash would inevitably accept an improved proposal from Sarver -- including a Twitter message in the early hours of last Thursday from teammate Jared Dudley that Nash would be "signin that ext anyday" -- it has been a nervy wait this month for the Suns, who have made no secret that securing Nash's long-term future was their No. 1 priority this offseason.

One team official confirmed that the Suns were aware that Nash strongly considered the idea of playing out his contract next season, which would have enabled him to join the ballyhooed free-agent class of 2010 and possibly move to the New York Knicks to reunite with former coach Mike D'Antoni. Nash, though, ultimately opted for security with the franchise that drafted him out of Santa Clara in 1996 and gave him the platform to earn the nickname "Two-Time" from teammates with his back-to-back MVP seasons in 2005 and 2006 after leaving the Dallas Mavericks to rejoin the Suns in the summer of 2004.

"This is one of the hardest-working and most resilient athletes to have ever played in the NBA," Duffy said of Nash, who has hushed fears about his durability by playing in an average of 77 games over the five seasons of his second stint with the Suns. "He earns every penny."

Nash's public comments this month on negotiations generally gave Phoenix hope that he was prepared to spend the next three seasons in the desert -- which would take him to age 38 -- in spite of the Suns' recent slide in the West. During the recent opening of his latest Steve Nash Sports Club in his native Canada, Nash said: "I still believe in everybody there and still think we can build a winner."

In the same interview, though, Nash also mentioned the "financial constraints" that prompted the Suns to trade Shaquille O'Neal to Cleveland (for the expiring contracts of Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic) after O'Neal's first and only full season as a Sun resulted in a 46-36 record that featured the midseason firing of coach Terry Porter and a failure to make the playoffs.

"We maybe don't have the deep pockets of some of the other teams," Nash said, hinting at what sources close to the process described as his concerns about the Suns' ability to reload roster-wise during the span of his new deal to return Phoenix to the Western Conference elite.

The Suns, though, made it clear to Nash that they would refuse any outside trade interest, even if he insisted on playing out his current contract to have the right to shop himself in the summer of 2010, when D'Antoni undoubtedly would have made a hard push to try to lure Nash to the Knicks in free agency.

Sources say Portland never got close in recent weeks with its determined push to convince Phoenix to part with a package of young players for Nash, who then would have received a contract richer than the deal he ultimately accepted from the Suns.

In addition to re-signing Nash, Phoenix has drafted Earl Clark, signed free-agent forward Channing Frye, re-signed Nash's close friend Grant Hill and bought out Wallace this offseason. It remains to be seen how the future of Suns forward Amare Stoudemire plays out from here, with sources indicating that the club has not ruled out trading Stoudemire after exploring the possibility in February before the league's annual trading deadline and again in June in conjunction with the draft.

I seriously doubt any team in the league would consider trading away young players on top of offering 10+ to Dallas for Kidd.

That says it all as to who is better. I know its tough for Mavs fans to swallow, but theyre just still so bitter about Cuban's decision to let go of Nash so they could sign Eric Fucking Dampier.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
You have serious issues, man. You troll around on a board all day screaming to no one in particular how much you hate the Suns.

:lmao pulls the I have a life card since he's losing the argument.

And if I hated the Suns, I'd be rejoicing the Nash extension.

Findog
07-20-2009, 01:18 PM

BTW - Congrats on replacing Monos with DOK. Who knew that you could find an even BIGGER douche to idolize you?!!

You guys can bash Nash and the Suns all you want. I have better things to do today besides read your tired, unoriginal "opinions".

I'm not bashing Nash. I like the guy. He's one of my all-time favorite Mavs. I appreciate his game and don't understand DoK's hate. I simply responded to your assertion that at this point he's a better player than Kidd. I don't think that he is and would be willing to have a civil debate about it. I haven't called you names or insulted you in this thread. The choice is up to you.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 01:19 PM
DoK now argues with more people and more often than I do :lol

I only get into it with a few Laker fans now and then that deserve it. DoK bringin' hate to a new level with all comers :lol

benefactor
07-20-2009, 01:20 PM

I'd hate my team too if I had to deal with the garbage Suns fans have had to deal with. Enjoy Nash keeping PHX just out of the lottery for the next two years.

Findog
07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
That says it all as to who is better. I know its tough for Mavs fans to swallow, but theyre just still so bitter about Cuban's decision to let go of Nash so they could sign Eric Fucking Dampier.

My only wish is that he had signed with an Eastern team, and the Mavs had been able to get Damp for MLE money instead of franchise player money. You tell me who's better equipped to guard Tim Duncan, Steve Nash or Erick Dampier. Is it a coincidence that the Mavs couldn't get past San Antonio with Nash at PG, started beating the Spurs and came within an inch of a title after he left...whereas Nash brought his struggles against San Antonio with him to the desert?

Perhaps Dallas should've found another big instead of Dampier to throw all that money on, but the concept was a good one and almost worked. With Nash, we would've continued to lose in the 2nd round to the Spurs every year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:21 PM
DoK now argues with more people and more often than I do :lol

I only get into it with a few Laker fans now and then that deserve it. DoK bringin' hate to a new level with all comers :lol

I apologized to you for that comment I made awhile ago saying I was wrong and the people you were arguing with were retarded.

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm not bashing Nash. I like the guy. He's one of my all-time favorite Mavs. I appreciate his game and don't understand DoK's hate. I simply responded to your assertion that at this point he's a better player than Kidd. I don't think that he is and would be willing to have a civil debate about it. I haven't called you names or insulted you in this thread. The choice is up to you.

Fair enough. I respect your opinion.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:23 PM

I don't idolize anyone. I'm a Maverick like John McCain.

Findog
07-20-2009, 01:23 PM
I'd rather have Jason Terry at PG and Erick Dampier at C than Steve Nash at PG and Shawn Bradley at C. And the on-court results bear that out.

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
:lmao pulls the I have a life card since he's losing the argument.
And if I hated the Suns, I'd be rejoicing the Nash extension.

No, I pull the "get a life card" when you resort to personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
No, I pull the "get a life card" when you resort to personal attacks on anyone who disagrees with you.

I wasn't making any personal attacks.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 01:30 PM
I wasn't making any personal attacks.

Uh, uh, DUNCAN, you personally attacked me last nite when I caught ya tiptoeing thru the tulips unawares of the Sun's parade in the aftermath of Paxson's three pointer in '93.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I apologized to you for that comment I made awhile ago saying I was wrong and the people you were arguing with were retarded.

I was messing with you.

They did this to appease the "average" fan and keep butts in the seats. If they trade Amare to open up cap space, they will be right around 41M for next year even with the Nash extension. It does not take them out of the running for 2010. But it does not let you fully rebuild until Nash is retired now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
btw da_suns_fan, capitalize your O mutherfucker.

NBAfan83
07-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I think Nash getting back to back MVP was bad for PHX as he basically has PHX FO by their balls, and apparently still does now.

PHX FO don't seem to know the first thing to do when it comes to rebuilding at all.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:40 PM
I was messing with you.

They did this to appease the "average" fan and keep butts in the seats. If they trade Amare to open up cap space, they will be right around 41M for next year even with the Nash extension. It does not take them out of the running for 2010. But it does not let you fully rebuild until Nash is retired now.

Sarver is simply too cheap to let Kerr completely rebuild and have 2-3 rough seasons. The "Stay competitive while rebuilding" motto the team is using to keep fans is crap. In order to successfully rebuild your team, you need top top 5 picks. You can't rebuild your team with no cap flexibility and non-lottery picks.

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Uh, uh, DUNCAN, you personally attacked me last nite when I caught ya tiptoeing thru the tulips unawares of the Sun's parade in the aftermath of Paxson's three pointer in '93.

:lol

Do you own a ukulele?

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 01:49 PM
Sarver is simply too cheap to let Kerr completely rebuild and have 2-3 rough seasons. The "Stay competitive while rebuilding" motto the team is using to keep fans is crap. In order to successfully rebuild your team, you need top top 5 picks. You can't rebuild your team with no cap flexibility and non-lottery picks.

I can see the Suns in the lottery again.

A line up of:

Nash
Barbosa
Richardson
Amare
Lopez

with

Dragic
Dudley
Tucker
Amundson
Fry (???)
Clark
Griffin (???)
Preldzic (???)

I do not see them making the PO's.

da_suns_fan
07-20-2009, 01:50 PM
I can see the Suns in the lottery again.

A line up of:

Nash
Barbosa
Richardson
Amare
Lopez

with

Dragic
Dudley
Tucker
Amundson
Fry (???)
Clark
Griffin (???)
Preldzic (???)

I do not see them making the PO's.

Not with THAT front court. Dont forget Grant Hill, though.

Trading for Shaq was a collosal blunder. To think that they essentially traded 2008 Marion for nothing is unbelievably frustrating.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Last night was fuckin bad Culburn, sorry. Pissed about something unrelated to basketball.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Trading for Shaq was a collosal blunder.

Your boy Nash was one of the people who pushed for that trade, and I don't even blame him for that. Marion needed to go.

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 01:52 PM
:lol

Do you own a ukulele?

LOL! It was direct hit. DUNCAN came boppin' thru here last evening givin' it to some Mavs fan for celebrating before they'd won the entire enchilada. Old Cubby spotted it right away and poleaxed that little crapper, tootsweet.

"Right between the eyes!"

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 01:53 PM
Last night was fuckin bad Culburn, sorry. Pissed about something unrelated to basketball.

Apology accepted.

mavs>spurs2
07-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I'll put Kidd's ability to hit a three ball up against Nash.

You seriously think Kidd can shoot 3's as good as Nash???

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 01:55 PM

I don't think that's what he meant, hopefully not anyway cause Nash has arguably the best jumper in basketball.

Ghazi
07-20-2009, 01:58 PM
best jumper of all time*

:)

Muser
07-20-2009, 01:59 PM
Sucks for the Suns.

iggypop123
07-20-2009, 01:59 PM
i will say it again. the clippers will have a better record than the suns

ducks
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
now that he is signed and can not leave in fa
maybe portland will go after him

Ghazi
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM

Ill take that bet!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:02 PM
best jumper of all time*

:)

Just cause I don't like him doesn't mean I'm going to deny what's true. Most posters here think I blindly bitch about everything the Suns do, but I really do simply call it as I see it, and after last season Nash went from an asset to a liability.

His number should be retired with the team eventually and he did a lot from 2005-2007, but it's time for him to move on and the team to move on.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Was I missing anyone from my lineup? Also, is Frye a Sun or what?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:07 PM

I can see why you think that after those two wins the Suns had against them last year w/ Gentry where they scored 140 points each time and ran them off the court :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:09 PM
Was I missing anyone from my lineup? Also, is Frye a Sun or what?

yeah, you missed Hill and Frye is a Sun. I can see why you think they'll miss the playoffs when the other team is running a layup line on their weak ass front court.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Certainly, if everyone is healthy, the Clippers are better on paper than the Suns. Griffin alone would be the best player on the Suns. Replacing the cancer Randolph with a very good young player with work ethic should help the Clippers.

But who knows with that team.

Ghazi
07-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Certainly, if everyone is healthy, the Clippers are better on paper than the Suns. Griffin alone would be the best player on the Suns. Replacing the cancer Randolph with a very good young player with work ethic should help the Clippers.

But who knows with that team.

:rolleyes:rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Griffin alone would be the best player on the Suns.

There's no way you can say that yet.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 02:12 PM
yeah, you missed Hill and Frye is a Sun. I can see why you think they'll miss the playoffs when the other team is running a layup line on their weak ass front court.

Even their back court is very weak. Nash/Barbosa, while very good at offense, are a terrible pair of back court defenders. Throw in Richardson/Amare/Lopez front court....

The bench will be ok I guess, but still pretty weak and there is no depth upfront.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 02:13 PM
There's no way you can say that yet.

Why? Who would you argue is better all around? Amare? Nash? Richardson? Barbosa?

No one knows for sure and no one can really say "anything" until next year plays out, but it is not a stretch to think that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Why? Who would you argue is better all around? Amare? Nash? Richardson? Barbosa?

Amare. Amare's proven he can put up around 20 points and 9 rebounds a game in this league, Griffin hasn't proven shit. Therefore Amare > Griffin by default.

j-money24
07-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Fun > championship

Nash already won a championship in 2007.. But i agree, now he's just playing for fun. He has that 1 ring faggot under his belt.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 02:23 PM
So no rookie can be better than an NBA player because he has not put numbers up? So by your definition Bonner>Griffin by default?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:30 PM
Even their back court is very weak. Nash/Barbosa, while very good at offense, are a terrible pair of back court defenders. Throw in Richardson/Amare/Lopez front court....

The bench will be ok I guess, but still pretty weak and there is no depth upfront.

This is my guess for the starting lineup:

Amare
Hill
J-Rich
Barbosa
Nash

Yeah, that team will undoubtedly get torched on a regular basis, anyone that thinks otherwise is stupid. They've got absolutely no bulky players up front whatsoever. Jefferson, Duncan, Shaq, Bynum, and any other big man with good lower body strength will eat them up. In 2007 they had Diaw and KT who were both decent post defenders.

In 2008 they traded KT thinking he wasn't important at all. Before the Shaq trade (so the first 50 games or so of the 2007-2008 season) that year they let Al Jefferson go for 40 points twice, Yao Ming went for 30, Andrew Bynum delivered a 28 point Christmas present, Tim Duncan dropped 36, Dwight Howard dropped 30 twice, and my personal favorite Eddie Curry had 20 points twice.

^This is what next year is going to be like, only when all of that happened they had Marion to defend the pick and roll, now big men will be nutting all over them and in addition will suck against the pick and roll.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
So no rookie can be better than an NBA player because he has not put numbers up? So by your definition Bonner>Griffin by default?

I didn't create any absolutes like that, and I think you know what I mean. The point is, we have no idea what Griffin is going to be. He could be the next Karl Malone, he could be Malik Rose when he was on the Knicks. I think most would agree that for now, Amare > Griffin.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 02:34 PM

Amare
Hill
J-Rich
Barbosa
Nash

Yeah, that team will undoubtedly get torched on a regular basis, anyone that thinks otherwise is stupid. They've got absolutely no bulky players up front whatsoever. Jefferson, Duncan, Shaq, Bynum, and any other big man with good lower body strength will eat them up. In 2007 they had Diaw and KT who were both decent post defenders.

In 2008 they traded KT thinking he wasn't important at all. Before the Shaq trade (so the first 50 games or so of the 2007-2008 season) that year they let Al Jefferson go for 40 points twice, Yao Ming went for 30, Andrew Bynum delivered a 28 point Christmas present, Tim Duncan dropped 36, Dwight Howard dropped 30 twice, and my personal favorite Eddie Curry had 20 points twice.

^This is what next year is going to be like, only when all of that happened they had Marion to defend the pick and roll, now big men will be nutting all over them and in addition will suck against the pick and roll.

Do you see that starting 5, with Lopez, Dragic, Clark, Frye coming off the bench making the PO's?

sonic21
07-20-2009, 02:35 PM
The suns should have at least tried shopping him for young talent + picks and made Goran Dragic a starter.

sonic21
07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
This signing will keep fans in the seats though.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Do you see that starting 5, with Lopez, Dragic, Clark, Frye coming off the bench making the PO's?

You're forgetting Dudley and Amundson. Neither one is a great offensive talent but both are great hustle players. Amundson was the Suns' best defender last year, granted that's not saying much, he's still important.

Yes, I see them barely sneaking in. One thing that team will be able to do is beat up on bottom feeders consistently. They'll be able to pick up enough wins against crappy teams. One thing run and chuck basketball has always done is win regular season games.

We've got LA, San Antonio, Portland, Denver and Dallas. Five teams where it's basically a sure thing will have a better record than Phoenix. Utah and New Orleans I think we can chalk up as better record. I just don't see any other team in the west capable of pushing them for the 8 spot.

OKC and GS are a year away IMO, and last I checked Dunleavy still coaches the Clippers. My guess is those 5 teams listed will be in their own pack of 54-64 wins, Utah and New Orleans then a step back at 48-50 wins each, Phoenix in it's own group at 42-44 wins, and the other 7 teams all below .500

gaKNOW!blee
07-20-2009, 02:52 PM

Amare
Hill
J-Rich
Barbosa
Nash

Hill is gonna play PF?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Hill is gonna play PF?

Gentry had Barnes playing PF last year, I don't agree with it but it's what I think the lineup will be.

carrao45
07-20-2009, 02:58 PM

What the fuck is the matter with you?

Findog
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM

Kidd shot 41% last year, Nash shot 44%. The difference is not that great. Seems like Kidd hit every crunch-time three he took last year. He's turned into an amazingly clutch 3-pt shooter.

gaKNOW!blee
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Kidd shot 41% last year, Nash shot 44%. The difference is not that great. Seems like Kidd hit every crunch-time three he took last year. He's turned into an amazingly clutch 3-pt shooter.

Kidd is constantly below 40%, while Nash is always above. I remember Nash being a pretty clutch shooter as well. If I need a 3, I'm going with Nash 10 times out of 10 over Kidd.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Kidd is constantly below 40%, while Nash is always above. I remember Nash being a pretty clutch shooter as well. If I need a 3, I'm going with Nash 10 times out of 10 over Kidd.

ditto.

Findog
07-20-2009, 03:23 PM

Kidd is not "constantly below" 40% from 3-pt range. He shot 41% last year over 82 games. I'm just going based off what they're capable of now. Kidd used to be a terrible 3-pt shooter until recently, and being a crappy one earlier in his career is simply not relevant. If I need a crunch-time 3 ball, Kidd or Nash is fine.

vicphoenix13
07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
The Nash hate club won't stop with the bs. The reason Kerr resigned Nash is because the Suns need someone to continue bringing in fans. If Nash leaves, then the team revenue would go way down. People forget how much the Suns make in merchandise sales from Nash's name. Also, Nash's last contract with the Suns was a bargain at $11 million a year over six years. Its not wrong to give a player who played above his contract the last five years a bonus.

vicphoenix13
07-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Kidd is not "constantly below" 40% from 3-pt range. He shot 41% last year over 82 games. I'm just going based off what they're capable of now. Kidd used to be a terrible 3-pt shooter until recently, and being a crappy one earlier in his career is simply not relevant. If I need a crunch-time 3 ball, Kidd or Nash is fine.

Kidd's problem isn't the three point shot. His issue is making two point field goals.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Its not wrong to give a player who played above his contract the last five years a bonus.

I wasn't aware the Phoenix Suns main interests were to rub Steve Nash's dick, I thought a team's goal is to win a championship. I also wasn't aware a player deserves a bonus when he couldn't get the Suns to the finals.

But I was unaware the Phoenix Suns changed their name to the Phoenix Nash lovers. Thanks for telling me.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
The Nash hate club won't stop with the bs. The reason Kerr resigned Nash is because the Suns need someone to continue bringing in fans.

I can see how a bandwagon fan that didn't watch prior to 2004 would think that.

La Peace
07-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I am happy that the suns have given Steven Nash the extension he deserves. :downspin:

lotr1trekkie
07-20-2009, 04:10 PM
Dallas has never been the same[nor will be] since NASH left!

Culburn369
07-20-2009, 04:12 PM

Please. They got further without Nash than they ever did with him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 04:15 PM

That's really stupid since they improved by 6 wins the season after he left and finally got past the Spurs and made the finals for the first time in franchise history the season after that.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 04:32 PM
People forget how much the Suns make in merchandise sales from Nash

I guess that makes up for the ticket sales to the NBA finals they aren't getting cause of Nash.

Also, Nash's last contract with the Suns was a bargain at $11 million a year over six years.

It turned out to be a bargain but at the time is was a massive over payment.

Jeremy
07-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Apparently, Nash's new contract is at least the third-highest salary contract ever for someone his age:

"Duffy emphasized how good the contract is for Nash, too, considering his research indicates that only Reggie Miller and John Stockton have received a contract of this worth at Nash's age."

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/07/20/20090720nash.html

Jeremy
07-20-2009, 06:14 PM

Um, Shaq is no longer on the Suns.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Apparently, Nash's new contract is at least the third-highest salary contract ever for someone his age:

The Suns are the first team to give a 35+ year old player an extension after they missed the playoffs. Kerr is a real genius.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 06:17 PM

His point was like Shaq, Nash is past his prime.

Findog
07-20-2009, 07:23 PM

Um, you completely missed the point of that statement. Would you like me to spell it out for you?

Findog
07-20-2009, 07:23 PM
His point was like Shaq, Nash is past his prime.

Nevermind Jeremy, just refer to this post if you're still having trouble. Thanks.

pauls931
07-20-2009, 08:18 PM
haha...

peskypesky
07-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Damn arent the Suns in a rebuilding mode? why would you give a 35 year old (not sure of age) such a big contract...another big mistake by steve kerr.

Kerr is truly idiotic.

$11 million a year for Nash? At this stage in his career? :lmao

IronMexican
07-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Question: Will there only be one team to make the playoffs in the Pacific, again?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Question: Will there only be one team to make the playoffs in the Pacific, again?

The Suns will make the playoffs and then get face fucked by either SA or LA, so it won't really matter.

dirk4mvp
07-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I doubt if they'll even make the playoffs. There's some teams that are coming up. Unless the 2nd fiddle brothers start beasting.

Danny.Zhu
07-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I just don't get it...

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-20-2009, 11:09 PM
I doubt if they'll even make the playoffs. There's some teams that are coming up. Unless the 2nd fiddle brothers start beasting.

I think those teams are a year away. I think they squeak in this year but the two following year are gonna be ugly.

dirk4mvp
07-20-2009, 11:28 PM
I think those teams are a year away. I think they squeak in this year but the two following year are gonna be ugly.

At least Nash will be having fun.

peskypesky
07-20-2009, 11:33 PM
I don't see the Suns making the playoffs. Not with their roster.

Jeremy
07-20-2009, 11:53 PM
If Amare can be healthy, I think they might make the playoffs.

Chieflion
07-21-2009, 03:22 AM
This extension is bullshit.

mojorizen7
07-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Sexy Style Of Losing will be enough to sneak us in as a 7 or 8 seed but....:wgaf:anymore?
This will be The Worst defensive team the SUNS have ever rolled out. Book it.

DoK can have the last beer in my fridge anytime cuz we see this for what it is(unlike the mindless flock of sheep that makes up the majority of the SUNS fanbase).....a joke of an offseason in the name of keeping butts in the seats instead of taking one in the chin and rebuilding.
And about OKC and our '2010 pick. SUNS shoulda said "fuck you OKC, we're gonna rebuild anywayhttp://www.realramsfans.com/images/smiles/thefinger.gif
we don't care that you own our pick.
Its about us and what we're doing. SUNS couldv'e gotten a '10 #1 pick thru some combo of trading the following guys(Shaq/Nash/JRich) if they'd dug a little deeper and had the balls to throw in the towel(and the kitchen sink).

Oh and to the guy who thinks that Kidd and Nash's shooting are comparable.....you're stoned.
I will say this about Nash's great shooting though, he's a run,stop and pop on the go shooter. If somebody else creates and finds Steve camping the 3line he's not nearly as efficient. He's not comfortable with the catch and shoot.
This goes back to why Nashy had T.Porter and his dump it inside/out offense
fired off to Jupiter.....Nash was rendered ineffective as a shooter to some degree.

GM Nash has things back to a fun level of mediocrity for the next few yrs now though.
Joy. http://www.realramsfans.com/images/smiles/sad1.gif

Extra Stout
07-21-2009, 06:38 AM
The New Suns: Seventh Seed or Less.

Findog
07-21-2009, 07:26 AM
Oh and to the guy who thinks that Kidd and Nash's shooting are comparable.....you're stoned.

I said Kidd and Nash's 3-pt shooting is comparable. Kidd shot 41% last year, Nash shot 44%. Why don't you figure out what the topic is before you spout off? Does 41% and 44% strike you as comparable?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 08:37 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

by far the best post in this thread.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 08:38 AM
At least Nash will be having fun.

And he will be shooting 50+% from the field, 40+% from behind the arc, and 90+% from the free throw line. I just wanted to mention that in case you didn't know.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Sexy Style Of Losing will be enough to sneak us in as a 7 or 8 seed but....:wgaf:anymore?

da_suns_fag does.

Rogue
07-21-2009, 09:12 AM
Suns are still a playoff team with Amare and Nash healthy, now their urgent need is a post defender and this kind of unskillful players aren't rare resources in the free agent market. I don't see any chance Suns lose their playoff spot to teams like Thunder, Grizzlies or Clippers, not to mention Queens and Rickets. Warriors will threaten them a little bit though, but the Suns still hold the bigger likelihood to beat them than getting defeated.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 09:18 AM
I don't see any chance Suns lose their playoff spot

I wasn't aware the Suns had a playoff spot from last season to lose.

InRareForm
07-02-2016, 03:21 PM
2 year 22 million extension.

yesterday's NBA

Mikeanaro
07-02-2016, 03:26 PM
2 year 22 million extension.

yesterday's NBA
Agreed, because now you have 24 million more to spend it doesnt mean you should pay any scrub 20 million a year, totally blow out of proportions.