PDA

View Full Version : The 2009 French NT thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Bruno
07-20-2009, 01:02 PM
After bad results in 2007 and 2008, French NT must play a qualifying tournament for the 2009 Euro that will happen in Poland this September.

The roster:

Tony Parker (Spurs) PG
Joseph Gomis (Malaga, Spain) PG/SG
Yannick Bokolo (Gravelines, France) PG/SG
Nando De Colo (Valencia, Spain) PG/SG
Nicolas Batum (Blazers) SG/SF
Mamoutou Diarra (free agent) SF
Boris Diaw (Bobcats) SF/PF
Florent Pietrus (Valencia, Spain) PF
Ronny Turiaf (Warriors) PF/C
Alain Koffi (Joventut, Spain) PF/C
Ali Traoré (ASVEL, France) PF/C
Alexis Ajinca (Bobcats) PF/C
Joakim Noah (Bulls) C
Johan Petro (free agent) C

That's 14 players, 2 players will be cut.
Noah should be one because Chicago wants him back to work with him. The other one should be Petro or Ajinca.

Schedule:

July 13th: Start of the training camp.

Preparation games:
July 24th: France - Austria
July 25th: France - Belgium
July 26th: France - Czech Republic
July 30th: France - Hungria

Qualifications for the Euro:

First stage: 3 teams tournament, the best one advances to the qualification finale:
August 5th: Italy - France
August 8th: France - Finland
August 14th: France - Italy
August 17th: Finland - France

Final stage: 2 games (home and away) against the winner of the other qualification group (Belgium, Bosnia and Portugal). The winner advances to the euro.
August 27th: first game.
August 30th: second game.

2009 Eurobasket in Poland : 7th - 20th September.

Links:

French NT website (in French) (http://equipedefrance.basketfrance.com/)
Euro 2009 website (http://www.eurobasket2009.org/en/)

EmantheSpursFan
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
do you know if they're going to be online? i really want to see Nando De Colo play

timvp
07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the info.

I assume France is the favorite in that play-in tourney. Then who? Italy?

Hopefully Parker stays healthy and De Colo plays well.

DPG21920
07-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Why does Ian not play, same with Pietrus? I know Pietrus is not favored to highly by many of the other national team members/coaches, but why? I am pretty sure Ian plays with the "youth" national team, but does he ever get to play with the full side?

Bruno
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Some news of the first week:

Spurs related:
- TP hasn't played for nearly 2 months and a half. He isn't in great shape for the moment. Spurs' have send Mike Brungardt in France to work with him.
- Nando De Colo has arrived one day late because of the signing of his new 3 years contract with Valencia. Word is that he has played well this week. He was France best scorer in a scrimmage the team has had this Sunday.

Others:
- Larry Brown has spend the week with the team in France. Even if he isn't paid, he works with the coaching staff to give tips/advices.
- There were an agreement between France NT and Chicago that Noah would be back at the end of the month to Chicago to work with Bulls. Noah played very well this week and they will try to keep him for the whole summer.

Bruno
07-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I assume France is the favorite in that play-in tourney. Then who? Italy?

France and Italy are the favorites. France should be a little better we never know with them...

Why does Ian not play, same with Pietrus? I know Pietrus is not favored to highly by many of the other national team members/coaches, but why? I am pretty sure Ian plays with the "youth" national team, but does he ever get to play with the full side?

Mike Pietrus is out because of a wrist injury. He hasn't been cleared by Magic medical staff.

Ian has been injured for one year. The best for him and the NT is that he stays with Spurs to practice and plays SL. Ian has never played for the senior French NT. He should have played in 2007 but has had a pectoral injury. If he has a good season, he will likely join the NT next summer.

ducks
07-20-2009, 02:08 PM
spurs offseason plan was to let spur players rest
duncan could not do much and looks like tp could not either

Hemotivo
07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
- Larry Brown has spend the week with the team in France. Even if he isn't paid, he works with the coaching staff to give tips/advices.

amazing

sonic21
07-20-2009, 02:48 PM
some Larry Brown quotes this week:

"Tony (Parker), Boris, Ronny (Turiaf) are having long seasons but they do not want to rest this summer," notes Larry Brown, who is "admirative".

"Alexis (Ajinca) is becoming better by coming here," he adds. I recommend this experience to all players. Joakim (Noah) does things here that he never do in Chicago."

"The French team has great champions, athletes and incredible competitors. I am concerned about the teams who will use zone defense, but agressive defense can counter this coz the team will have to run and creat open space. But Batum and De Colo can shooter, Boris has done very well with us and Tony progresses."

link in french (http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090717_215840_sous-l-oeil-de-larry-brown.html)

Brazil
07-20-2009, 03:00 PM
It sucks for Noah, he is playing great and Collet seems to be very high on him.

from L'équipe

A la fin de cette semaine, Joakim Noah va retourner à Chicago, déjà, après quinze premiers jours marquants en équipe de France. «Il apporte beaucoup donc s'il part, cela fera un manque qu'il faudra pallier rapidement», juge Mamoutou Diarra. «S'il part»... Lors de l'annonce de la présélection, il était clair que celui qui portait le n°21 lors du scrimmage (http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090719_173725_mini-preparation-maxi-match.html)ne ferait qu'un passage. «On ne va pas se fâcher avec eux (les Bulls) mais maintenant qu'il est là, on va essayer de revenir à la charge, explique Patrick Beesley, le directeur de l'équipe de France. On ne va pas demander à Larry Brown (le conseiller spécial des Bleus) (http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090717_215840_sous-l-oeil-de-larry-brown.html) de batailler mais de leur dire qu'il serait mieux qu'il reste. L'agent de Joakim est un des anciens joueurs (de Brown) donc...»

Parker : «Je comprends Joakim»

«Techniquement, un club NBA n'a pas le droit de t'empêcher de jouer en équipe nationale»,précise Tony Parker. Sauf que les franchises renaclent encore souvent à libérer leurs joueurs étrangers, mais sans jamais être sanctionnées. Tout se joue dans le rapport de force entre un (jeune) homme et ses dirigeants. «A 19 ans, je venais d'être drafté et les Spurs voulaient que je fasse de la musculation, rappelle "TP". J'ai dit non et je suis allé à l'Euro. Mais je comprends Joakim.Tu essayes de faire plaisir à ton club car ce sont eux qui paient ton salaire. Quand un club NBA te met la pression, ce n'est pas facile. Il progresserait plus vite avec nous qu'à faire des work-outs (exercices) dans un gymnase où il n'y a personne. Je l'ai fait une année en 2004, ce n'est pas comme ça que tu progresses. Les matches contre l'Italie, la Finlande, ce sont de vrais matches. Et la musculation, il peut la faire avec nous. Joakim est d'accord là-dessus, mais ce n'est pas facile, ce n'est que sa deuxième année».

The French staff is going to try to negociate with the bulls to see if he can stay.
TP remembered that technically Chicago cannot prevent him from playing but trying to force the thing is never positive. He added that at 19 years old, the spurs wanted him to work in SA but TP refused to not play the Euro but he understands Joakim situation.

urunobili
07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
I don't understand why the Bulls don't want Joakim to play.... he is young and healthy... and he is loving being there...

sonic21
07-20-2009, 03:40 PM
. On ne va pas demander à Larry Brown (le conseiller spécial des Bleus) (http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090717_215840_sous-l-oeil-de-larry-brown.html) de batailler mais de leur dire qu'il serait mieux qu'il reste. L'agent de Joakim est un des anciens joueurs (de Brown) donc...»

We're going to ask Larry Brown to tell the bulls it would be better for Noah to stay. Joakim's agent is a former LB's player so...

Let's hope it's gonna work.

Bruno
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
I don't understand why the Bulls don't want Joakim to play.... he is young and healthy... and he is loving being there...

They want that he adds some weight and works on his jumpshot. It's easier to do if the player is at their practice facility than playing in Europe.

About Larry Brown:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9wcqn_larry-brown-avec-les-bleus_sport
It's press conference with him. He starts to talk at the 7min mark.

Lady M
07-20-2009, 04:20 PM
They want that he adds some weight and works on his jumpshot. It's easier to do if the player is at their practice facility than playing in Europe.

About Larry Brown:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9wcqn_larry-brown-avec-les-bleus_sport
It's press conference with him. He starts to talk at the 7min mark.

i think it's better for the player and Chicago to learn european play against old and experience player and he can lift some weight with the team

sonic21
07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Tony interview in french (http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/20090718_214157_parker.html)

"Tony Parker, all your teamnates are saying it's a very intense preparation. How do you feel about this?
We're trying not to laugh and joke too much and stay focused while training because we have only three weeks of preparation. Everyone is motivated. It's not that we weren't motivated the previous years, but compared to what happened last year, we want to show a new image of the French team.

You will play a tournament this week in Strasbourg. Are you eager to play again?
Personally, I think training is good. This is important. This is sometimes one of our weakness, we're not disciplined enough. We have to work on how to deal with zone defense. So I'm glad we're training. The most important, it's August the 5th (first match in Italy).

Florent Pietrus said that the French team has always had potential but it more obvious this year. Is this your opinion?
Each year, we have potential. But this year it is clear that we have a lot of it. We have many bigs, it's pretty impressive. Petro, Ajinca and Noah, a lot of player inside.

With Laurent Foirest injured, there is no real veterans on the team.
But we are the veterans! Or I don't know the definition of veteran. Boris (Diaw), Flo (Pietrus), me will have to lead the team. It will be my fifth European Championship, more than Cyril (Julian) or Laurent Sciarra.

How do you feel personally?
It was two and a half months, I hadn't done nothing. I just played with the children during my Camp. This is the first time I'm stopping that much, so I slowly get back to work. But it's ok, it's like a training camp.

At Vichy, you are here with a physical trainer.
(He cut) It was his choice to come because he wanted to be sure I'd do my strength training. Because of Ginobili since the last two times (in selection), he was injured. It has nothing to do with the Federation. The Spurs did not even sent me an assistant, but the main guy (the head of physical preparation of the Spurs, Mike Brungardt). After, he helped Alexis (Ajinca), Joakim Noah, Joseph (Gomis), those who wanted to do a little muscle. It was not an obligation. "

ducks
07-21-2009, 01:09 PM
It was his choice to come because he wanted to be sure I'd do my strength training. Because of Ginobili since the last two times (in selection), he was injured

urunobili
07-21-2009, 01:31 PM
It was his choice to come because he wanted to be sure I'd do my strength training. Because of Ginobili since the last two times (in selection), he was injured

:rolleyes

He just got injured ONCE with the NT... in Beijing... re-aggravating an injury he had against PHX on the second game of the 2008 playoffs...

scottspurs
07-21-2009, 01:33 PM
I hope Tony Parker stays healthy. The French basketball team has really gotten better over the years. I also hope De Colo plays well and shows some promise. Hopefully Nando can be a big part of the Spurs in the post-Duncan era.

one question- Can these games be seen online?

duncan228
07-22-2009, 04:32 PM
FRA – Parker: ‘I have to be honest, I love playing for France’ (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/inte/p/langid/1/newsid/31104/arti.html)

Tony Parker is as eager as ever to put on the blue shirt and represent France.

The San Antonio Spurs point guard will next month attempt to lead his team into the EuroBasket via the Additional Qualifying Round and if they make it to Poland, the French can then go after a place at the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

"It was strange for me to be on holidays for so long,” Parker said of his break after San Antonio’s early play-off exit.

“But it was good for my body after six demanding years …

"I am really motivated to achieve success with Les Bleus.”

For France to reach the EuroBasket, they must finish top of Group B in the Additional Qualifying Round ahead of Italy and Finland and then beat the winners of Group A (Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina or Portugal) in a home-and-away tie.

"We have to be positive, motivated and need all the players love to play together,” Parker said.

“I have to be honest, I love playing for France. If we are able to quality for the EuroBasket, we will be in a good position to do well at the tournament.

"It's going to be a great challenge for my generation. The time has come to either succeed or fail. We have three or four years left and the next three years will be crucial.”

Macca76
07-22-2009, 05:28 PM
FRA – Parker: ‘I have to be honest, I love playing for France’ (http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/inte/p/langid/1/newsid/31104/arti.html)

Tony Parker is as eager as ever to put on the blue shirt and represent France.

The San Antonio Spurs point guard will next month attempt to lead his team into the EuroBasket via the Additional Qualifying Round and if they make it to Poland, the French can then go after a place at the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey.

"It was strange for me to be on holidays for so long,” Parker said of his break after San Antonio’s early play-off exit.

“But it was good for my body after six demanding years …

"I am really motivated to achieve success with Les Bleus.”

For France to reach the EuroBasket, they must finish top of Group B in the Additional Qualifying Round ahead of Italy and Finland and then beat the winners of Group A (Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina or Portugal) in a home-and-away tie.

"We have to be positive, motivated and need all the players love to play together,” Parker said.

“I have to be honest, I love playing for France. If we are able to quality for the EuroBasket, we will be in a good position to do well at the tournament.

"It's going to be a great challenge for my generation. The time has come to either succeed or fail. We have three or four years left and the next three years will be crucial.”

As always, thanks D228 for the find !

Rogue
07-22-2009, 06:05 PM
Don't see a team doing great with Tony Longoria being the No.1 guy, that's why the Spurs should never give him the crown even after Duncan retires, unless the Spurs turn into rebuilding mode someday and Spurstalk switched its name to Mavstalk as a result.

anakha
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
Don't see a team doing great with Tony Longoria being the No.1 guy, that's why the Spurs should never give him the crown even after Duncan retires, unless the Spurs turn into rebuilding mode someday and Spurstalk switched its name to Mavstalk as a result.

Hell of a segue there. :lol

ivanfromwestwood
07-22-2009, 10:12 PM
:rolleyes

He just got injured ONCE with the NT... in Beijing... re-aggravating an injury he had against PHX on the second game of the 2008 playoffs...i can remember manu limping his way onto the tean as a rookie with a bad ankle. didnt he hurt it at the world championships in 2002?

Freeze
07-23-2009, 03:50 AM
Noah won't stay, and Ajinca should be the last guy cut.

urunobili
07-23-2009, 07:41 AM
i can remember manu limping his way onto the tean as a rookie with a bad ankle. didnt he hurt it at the world championships in 2002?

I knew someone would bring that up... He had never played with the Spurs back then...

urunobili
07-23-2009, 07:42 AM
I think France will make it... if they embrace each other and put their ego's aside they have a great chance to overcoming this tournament and do great at the European ship since they will be rolling once the tournament starts....

You have to watch out for GB with Gordon, Deng and Mensa Bonsu on the roster...

sonic21
07-23-2009, 07:55 AM
I think France will make it... if they embrace each other and put their ego's aside they have a great chance to overcoming this tournament and do great at the European ship since they will be rolling once the tournament starts....

You have to watch out for GB with Gordon, Deng and Mensa Bonsu on the roster...

It was not a problem of ego, they were a terrible shooting team with no ball movement. We finally have a good coach, Diaw sucked for 2 years after his contract year or wasn't there because of insurance problem. Flo Pietrus was injured last year and i think he's the most important player with tony and diaw.

But i'm a little worried about this tournament. If they succeed though, i think they're one of the favourites to win the Euro.

rayray2k8
07-23-2009, 11:49 AM
France and Italy are the favorites. France should be a little better we never know with them...

Mike Pietrus is out because of a wrist injury. He hasn't been cleared by Magic medical staff.

Ian has been injured for one year. The best for him and the NT is that he stays with Spurs to practice and plays SL. Ian has never played for the senior French NT. He should have played in 2007 but has had a pectoral injury. If he has a good season, he will likely join the NT next summer.

Wow, I had no idea Ian had become so fragile...

Bruno
07-23-2009, 12:12 PM
And interview of Nando:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090719_123707_de-colo-mieux-que-l-an-dernier.html

Translation of the interesting part:

What was your reaction after having being drafted by San Antonio?

It's very good. It's very good team with a very well organized. For me, there is nothing better. Next year, I will first play with Valencia. I have a three years contract with options after every year. They are in close relationship with Spurs, so it's even better.

Will you move from a versatile SG spot to a the PG spot with Valencia ?

Everyone sees me as a PG and I want to be back at that spot where I know I can be very efficient. I've played PG for the last 5 games with Cholet and it went well. When I was a child, I've been more a PG than a SG. I've later moved to SG to work on certain aspects of my game but I will now be back at the PG spot.

Bruno
07-24-2009, 03:16 PM
First preparation game:
France 98
Austria 57

Nando: 16 pts, 6 ast in 26 min
TP: 9 pts in 12 min

Stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/4338/00/89/63/50nSFhNmrsU5A
Pictures: http://www.sigbasket.fr/edf2009/vendredi-match2/

Macca76
07-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks Bruno for the update. Looks like Noah and Petro had a good game too. Interesting ...

angelbelow
07-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks Bruno. Appreciate the update.

BOHOLANO#21
07-24-2009, 08:42 PM
:toast

ace3g
07-25-2009, 03:33 AM
good to see Nando play well and Parker playing limited minutes

Bruno
07-25-2009, 03:43 AM
TP played only 12 minutes because of a thigh bruise. Without it, he would have played more minutes.

MaNu4Tres
07-25-2009, 04:21 AM
Diaw looks like he gained some weight and is out of shape.

Tony does look like he was breathing pretty heavy for 12 minutes of pt.

Brazil
07-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Diaw looks like he gained some weight and is out of shape.

Tony does look like he was breathing pretty heavy for 12 minutes of pt.

both are out of shape ! apparently TP did absolutely nothing during his holidays :)

Too bad Noah has to come back to Chicago, he was the best player during this game.

picnroll
07-25-2009, 10:44 AM
both are out of shape ! apparently TP did absolutely nothing during his holidays :)

Too bad Noah has to come back to Chicago, he was the best player during this game.

Apparently Reinsdorf has more control over his players activities than Holt or Johnson, Jordan, and Haynes. Too bad. At least it seems like Manu is wising up albeit a couple of years and a few million of Holt's money late.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 12:49 PM
TP is out for few days because he sprained his right ankle yesterday.

kbrury
07-25-2009, 12:52 PM
here we go again :bang

sonic21
07-25-2009, 12:56 PM

IRM tomorrow, hope it's not serious

Bruno
07-25-2009, 12:58 PM

He has had the MRI today, nothing serious.
http://www.lnb.fr/index.php?pid=50&id_article=17054&cursor_start=0

sonic21
07-25-2009, 12:59 PM
thanks bruno

timaios
07-25-2009, 01:01 PM

Already done, it's nothing serious.

http://www.france-info.com/spip.php?article323301&theme=69&sous_theme=69

Euro-2009/préparation - Tony Parker arrêté quelques jours
25/07/2009-[18:43] - AFP

STRASBOURG, 25 juil 2009 (AFP) - Tony Parker, touché à la cuisse et la cheville droite vendredi en match de préparation aux repêchages à l’Euro-2009 face à l’Autriche, est arrêté quelques jours, a-t-on appris samedi auprès de l’encadrement de l’équipe de France de basket.

Le meneur de jeu des Bleus est donc forfait pour les deux derniers matches du tournoi de Strasbourg face à la Belgique samedi soir et la République tchèque dimanche. Après douze minutes de jeu, il avait quitté la rencontre face à l’Autriche sur une béquille à la cuisse droite. Sur le coup, la douleur étant "vive", le joueur ne s’était pas rendu compte qu’il souffrait également d’une légère entorse à la cheville droite. "Une fois au repos, le soir, la douleur s’est réveillée" et la cheville "a commencé à gonfler", explique Parker dans un communiqué de la Fédération française (FFBB). L’entorse est "bénigne, sans aucun arrachement osseux, ni lésion ligamentaire", selon la FFBB. "L’IRM et l’échographie passées ce (samedi) matin sont rassurantes, je suis donc soulagé, ajoute Parker. Je suis frustré de devoir arrêter quelques jours ma préparation mais je serai présent pour Italie-France", premier match des repêchages, le 5 août à Cagliari. Parker devrait reprendre l’entraînement progressivement la semaine prochaine. Lors de la préparation à l’Euro-2007, le meneur des San Antonio Spurs avait été rappelé aux Etats-Unis par son club afin de passer des tests médicaux complémentaires après avoir été touché à la cheville, gauche cette fois. Il avait rejoint l’équipe de France cinq jours plus tard.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 01:01 PM
I don't care if it is serious, just a bad sign. It is never smart to play with the NT when you are completely out of shape. That is when injuries happen. Hopefully he is smart.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 01:04 PM
The over/under for the number of pages on ST about this news is 23. :stirpot:

sonic21
07-25-2009, 01:04 PM
petro had his best game with the NT, i didn't really thought he could contribute but maybe it's a good sign.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 01:07 PM
Where is Johan Petro playing now or is he still a FA?

sonic21
07-25-2009, 01:09 PM
still a FA

timvp
07-25-2009, 01:15 PM
A thigh bruise and a sprained ankle already? How come Parker turns into a china doll when he plays for the French NT?

Hopefully the Spurs have a few doctors there . . .

timaios
07-25-2009, 01:34 PM
The over/under for the number of pages on ST about this news is 23. :stirpot:

I you want a beautiful meltdown, you need to throw that news in a new thread. There's not a lot of people who read the French NT thread.

Now, with a new thread with a title like "Breaking News : Parker injured with French NT !!!", you could have something... epic. :lol

Bruno
07-25-2009, 01:49 PM
I you want a beautiful meltdown, you need to threw that news in a new thread. There's not a lot of people who read the French NT thread.

Now, with a new thread with a title like "Breaking News : Parker injured with French NT !!!", you could have something... epic. :lol

I didn't want to put the news in a specific thread to avoid the traditional meltdown but I'm sure someone else will create this thread soon.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Well what do you expect? Most people seem to think TP is very out of shape and now he is trying to play with his NT? That is not smart. He should have been keeping in shape knowing he was going to be playing.

No one minds him playing (or at least I do not) but be smart. He is an elite athlete and he knows that you cannot go from 0 to NT without risking injury.

urunobili
07-25-2009, 01:53 PM
that is not good... hopefully TP bounces back with no physical issues to lead the team to the Eurocup

angelbelow
07-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Damn it Tony, I read that he was out of shape but when I saw only 12 mins i let out a sigh of relief. But damn it...

Macca76
07-25-2009, 02:10 PM
I you want a beautiful meltdown, you need to threw that news in a new thread. There's not a lot of people who read the French NT thread.

This is so true :lol

picnroll
07-25-2009, 02:22 PM
So now Parker rests and comes back for NT play even more out of shape. Sweet.

Fuckin NT play. Start kissing all that money you sank to re-arm the Spurs goodbye Holt.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 02:25 PM
So now Parker rests and comes back for NT play even more out of shape. Sweet.

Fuckin NT play. Start kissing all that money you sank to re-arm the Spurs goodbye Holt.

Slow your roll and look at the big pic. He is out of shape and that is not smart, but the injury was minor and it is too early to say the season is over. He just has to be smart and not rush anything. He needs to work to get back into shape before trying to compete at a high level.

Russ
07-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Some guys are prone to injury and some guys (due in part to body type) are not.

TP seems like the latter so I wouldn't be too worried.

picnroll
07-25-2009, 02:33 PM
Slow your roll and look at the big pic. He is out of shape and that is not smart, but the injury was minor and it is too early to say the season is over. He just has to be smart and not rush anything. He needs to work to get back into shape before trying to compete at a high level.
Screw that. I've always been against NT play including the US. Manu screwed the Spurs over with a stress injury, a cumulative injury that almost certainly wouldn't have happened with summer's rest. Now Parker continues to fuck up his ankle with cumulative, repetitive injuries, each one making the next one a little easier to occur.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 02:37 PM
No one minds him playing (or at least I do not) but be smart. He is an elite athlete and he knows that you cannot go from 0 to NT without risking injury.

You're fast to draw some conclusions while you haven't even seen how the injury has happened.

Parker was hit in the tigh by an Austrian player and twist his ankle during the same play. He doesn't look like an injury related with not being in shape.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Now Parker continues to fuck up his ankle with cumulative, repetitive injuries, each one making the next one a little easier to occur.

TP hurt his right ankle yesterday. He has had troubles with his left ankle.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 02:58 PM
You're fast to draw some conclusions while you haven't even seen how the injury has happened.

Parker was hit in the tigh by an Austrian player and twist his ankle during the same play. He doesn't look like an injury related with not being in shape.

Is he in top shape? I do not care how the injury happened. If you are not in good shape you are susceptible to injury. This is not rocket science. When you are in shape, your balance and ability to avoid injury is much better. When you are out of shape, you can get hit then roll your ankle because your legs are too weak to bounce off and your balance is poor.

This is widely known. My beef is not so much with the current injury as it is with a few saying he looks in very bad shape. That can lead to injuries and he should work himself back in slowly and monitor his minor injuries.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't care if it is serious, just a bad sign. It is never smart to play with the NT when you are completely out of shape. That is when injuries happen. Hopefully he is smart.

Well what do you expect? Most people seem to think TP is very out of shape and now he is trying to play with his NT? That is not smart. He should have been keeping in shape knowing he was going to be playing.

Looks like you were the one drawing conclusions because you feel defensive over the issue.

No where did I say that his fitness was the direct cause of the injury. I was responding to a few saying he looked out of shape and that is when injuries CAN happen.

I never said he was out of shape and it caused him to roll his ankle. He needs to be careful and smart and work himself slowly in. That is all. You were jumping to conclusions.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Game 2:
France 82
Belgium 44

De Colo 6 points in 23min.

Stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/4338/00/89/63/50nSFhNmrsU5A
Pictures: http://www.sigbasket.fr/edf2009/samedi-match2/

These are easy wins against bad teams. The FT shooting is very Spurs like ( 9/21 in the first game, 14/27 in the second one). :lol

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Is De Colo running point for this last game with TP out? Or does he play SG only for the NT?

Bruno
07-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Is De Colo running point for this last game with TP out? Or does he play SG only for the NT?

He played PG in this game.

When everybody is healthy, he only plays SG. TP is the starting PG and Joseph Gomis is the backup PG.

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 03:46 PM
He played PG in this game.

When everybody is healthy, he only plays SG. TP is the starting PG and Joseph Gomis is the backup PG.

I know it was not the best competition, but how does he do at running the point? Is he better than Gomis at the PG position?

I know from some comments, he said he is transitioning back to a PG for his club.

MaNu4Tres
07-25-2009, 04:29 PM
is he in top shape? I do not care how the injury happened. If you are not in good shape you are susceptible to injury. This is not rocket science. When you are in shape, your balance and ability to avoid injury is much better. When you are out of shape, you can get hit then roll your ankle because your legs are too weak to bounce off and your balance is poor.

This is widely known. My beef is not so much with the current injury as it is with a few saying he looks in very bad shape. That can lead to injuries and he should work himself back in slowly and monitor his minor injuries.

+ 10

Pauleta14
07-25-2009, 05:00 PM
[quote=Bruno;3588363]Game 2:
France 82
Belgium 44

... and 10 assists!

Russ
07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
[quote=Bruno;3588363]Game 2:
France 82
Belgium 44

... and 10 assists!

Just passing the ball to a teammate against an outmanned team is likely to count as an assist. The 6 points in 23 minutes seems more significant.

Bruno
07-25-2009, 05:42 PM
... and 10 assists![/B]

No, 2 assists.

http://www.basketfrance.com/_fbs/0910/edf_4.pdf

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Looks like you were the one drawing conclusions because you feel defensive over the issue.

No where did I say that his fitness was the direct cause of the injury. I was responding to a few saying he looked out of shape and that is when injuries CAN happen.

I never said he was out of shape and it caused him to roll his ankle. He needs to be careful and smart and work himself slowly in. That is all. You were jumping to conclusions.

Well I don't know why you would have expected him to be in basketball shape. Though he obviously works out regularly in the summer, he can't be in basketball shape (have his wind, legs, etc) unless he plays basketball. And after the season ends, most of the players are told to take a couple months off of basketball. And then midsummer they start working themselves back into basketball shape through scrimmages, team play, etc.

Anyway, I don't think getting kneed in the thigh has to do with being in shape or not. Remember the 2006 in the playoffs when he got kneed in the thigh very badly? He definitely was in shape then and it didn't stop the issue.

ducks
07-25-2009, 06:12 PM
pop told tp and duncan not to do anything this summer
I am not thrilled tp is over there
you get in basketball shape by playing only
for the ones that want him to be in basketball shape he has to play to get in shape

DPG21920
07-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Well I don't know why you would have expected him to be in basketball shape. Though he obviously works out regularly in the summer, he can't be in basketball shape (have his wind, legs, etc) unless he plays basketball. And after the season ends, most of the players are told to take a couple months off of basketball. And then midsummer they start working themselves back into basketball shape through scrimmages, team play, etc.

Anyway, I don't think getting kneed in the thigh has to do with being in shape or not. Remember the 2006 in the playoffs when he got kneed in the thigh very badly? He definitely was in shape then and it didn't stop the issue.

I don't expect him to be in game shape. I expect him to be in decent shape or to have started training a little early knowing that he would be playing for his NT. I am just going off of what people say, that he looks very out of shape.

Many players in the off season still run and play pick up basketball with other pros. I did not say that "getting kneed was due to him being out of shape". He also sprained his ankle, so it was not him just getting kneed. Once again, I said the injury did not bother me, it was the reports of him looking very out of shape that can lead to more serious injuries. That is how injuries happen. I said I want him to ease himself into it. I do not want him to go from very out of shape to trying to help the NT qualify just like that. I do not know how this particular injury happened or if him rolling his ankle after he got kneed had to do with him being un fit. Just now that the odds increase of other injuries if he is 1) out of shape 2)a little banged up 3) trying to compete at a high level.

Most people that are going to play for the NT start training a little earlier to start to get in shape. They know it is not smart to do very little, then try and play at a high level. Not only does it take a while to get back into shape, but you run the risk of getting injured in practice/games.

timaios
07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
I don't expect him to be in game shape. I expect him to be in decent shape or to have started training a little early knowing that he would be playing for his NT. I am just going off of what people say, that he looks very out of shape.

Many players in the off season still run and play pick up basketball with other pros. I did not say that "getting kneed was due to him being out of shape". He also sprained his ankle, so it was not him just getting kneed. Once again, I said the injury did not bother me, it was the reports of him looking very out of shape that can lead to more serious injuries. That is how injuries happen. I said I want him to ease himself into it. I do not want him to go from very out of shape to trying to help the NT qualify just like that. I do not know how this particular injury happened or if him rolling his ankle after he got kneed had to do with him being un fit. Just now that the odds increase of other injuries if he is 1) out of shape 2)a little banged up 3) trying to compete at a high level.

Most people that are going to play for the NT start training a little earlier to start to get in shape. They know it is not smart to do very little, then try and play at a high level. Not only does it take a while to get back into shape, but you run the risk of getting injured in practice/games.

The French NT team began training camp the 12th of July. And Tony played 12 min against a really bad team after 2 weeks of training.
A little spained ankle for a basketball player... it's a minor injury !
Get over it. Tony will, in 1 or maybe 2 weeks.

Pucho!!!
07-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Parker says de Colo will be a SG with the Spurs, he plays SG for the NT but for his new Spanish team he'll be playin PG, y is that Bruno? Do the Spurs want him to improve his playmaking ability more than his scoring ability?

Kori Ellis
07-25-2009, 10:04 PM

Well I doubt he's "very" out of shape. It's not like he's been laying on the couch eating gallons of ice cream and never going to the gym. People were just referring to him being winded and the such... in other words, not being in game shape.

ElNono
07-25-2009, 11:28 PM
pop told tp and duncan not to do anything this summer
I am not thrilled tp is over there
you get in basketball shape by playing only
for the ones that want him to be in basketball shape he has to play to get in shape

I'm sorry, I tought you would be outraged by now with a Spurs player getting injured playing for his NT. I fully expected 'Now Tony will have a lot of time to update his Facebook page' or some such retarded comment from you.
You disappoint me ducks... :nope

DPG21920
07-26-2009, 12:29 AM

The French NT team began training camp the 12th of July. And Tony played 12 min against a really bad team after 2 weeks of training.
A little spained ankle for a basketball player... it's a minor injury !
Get over it. Tony will, in 1 or maybe 2 weeks.

Am I missing something?

DPG21920
07-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Well I doubt he's "very" out of shape. It's not like he's been laying on the couch eating gallons of ice cream and never going to the gym. People were just referring to him being winded and the such... in other words, not being in game shape.

Fair enough. Just saying that being out of shape and going too hard can leave you more susceptible to injury if you are not careful. Just want him to take it easy. I know it is hard as an competitor to hold back even though you might not be completely ready.

I get your point that he cannot be game fit without playing in games. But I was referring to being in a little better shape so he was closer to game ready. That way, it is not like he is far behind or having to jump into competitive games while trying to get into game shape at the same time. But I could be off, and maybe he is not as out of shape as some are leading on...

Bruno
07-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Third preparation game:
France 84
Czech republic 66

De Colo: 6 points in 17 min.

stats: http://www.basketfrance.com/_fbs/0910/edf_6.pdf

Spursfan092120
07-26-2009, 01:10 PM
KBP is gay. :D

Spursfan092120
07-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Third preparation game:
France 84
Czech republic 66

De Colo: 6 points in 17 min.

stats: http://www.basketfrance.com/_fbs/0910/edf_6.pdf
Not too shabby...

EricB
07-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Getting hurt in international play? Where have I seenthis before?

:pctoss

ploto
07-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Some guys are prone to injury and some guys (due in part to body type) are not. TP seems like the latter so I wouldn't be too worried.

Tony gets hurt almost every summer he plays for the NT.

jag
07-26-2009, 02:36 PM
That pisses me off. I guess there isn't a whole lot the Spurs can do about it though. I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing something in their contracts about international play.

sonic21
07-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Tony gets hurt almost every summer he plays for the NT.

he got hurt 2 times before (2006 and 2007). He's playing for the NT since 2001.

In 2006, he got a broken finger because his finger got stuck in someone's jersey. He's not injury prone.

Muser
07-26-2009, 02:41 PM
fuckkkkkkkkkk

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-26-2009, 03:33 PM
That pisses me off. I guess there isn't a whole lot the Spurs can do about it though. I wonder how long it will be until we start seeing something in their contracts about international play.

The NBA already ruled that teams cannot do that. The reason is it means Team USA would have all NCAA players. Good luck with those 10th places Olympic finished if you send all NCAA players.

mytespurs
07-26-2009, 04:00 PM

Immediate reaction:

:wow:wow:wow:wow:depressed:depressed:bang:bang:ihi t:ihit:nope:nope

Now that I've got that out of my system: I'm glad it wasn't serious and he should heal quickly since he's a youngster. And if we recall, he injured his ankle early in the season and look how well he played so.........:king

Bruno
07-26-2009, 04:03 PM
Yes, for the moment no reason to panic. The injury seems small and they will be careful with him. France NT next and last preparation game is Thursday, TP likely won't play it by precautionary measure.

JP le Requin
07-26-2009, 04:41 PM
et merde..j'ai acheté 3 places pr le voir jouer...et il jouera pas...déjà quand je suis allé a san antonio je l'ai vu jouer que une fois sur 3!!
en même temps je préfére le voir assurer a san antonio plus qu'en EDF limite...

Tully365
07-26-2009, 04:56 PM
I never understand the exaggerated reactions that people have about off season play. These guys are basketball players-- that's what they do. If it wasn't organized basketball in Europe, it would be streetball or pick up games at a local gym or celebrity games with other players. Would people get mad if Parker was playing a pick up game at a gym in San Antonio with George Hill, Roger Mason, and Manu and sprained his ankle? It's ridiculous to expect an extremely talented professional basketball player who has been obsessed with playing basketball his whole life to just stop playing for 3 months, and besides it doesn't make sense. Why would someone at the top of his game want to let any amount of rust set in?

leonarth
07-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I never understand the exaggerated reactions that people have about off season play. These guys are basketball players-- that's what they do. If it wasn't organized basketball in Europe, it would be streetball or pick up games at a local gym or celebrity games with other players. Would people get mad if Parker was playing a pick up game at a gym in San Antonio with George Hill, Roger Mason, and Manu and sprained his ankle? It's ridiculous to expect an extremely talented professional basketball player who has been obsessed with playing basketball his whole life to just stop playing for 3 months, and besides it doesn't make sense. Why would someone at the top of his game want to let any amount of rust set in?

gm5k
07-26-2009, 05:30 PM

yep...so nice. someone who makes sense :toast

DPG21920
07-26-2009, 05:32 PM

Playing pick up basketball and working yourself back into shape is different than playing high level world competition with your country's pride on the line. I love international basketball and there are always some inherent risks when playing sports.

But players should be smart about things and try and limit the injuries as much as possible. Just take care of yourself, work yourself back into shape, don't try and do too much and monitor any minor bumps and bruises so they do not become worse.

Bambililos
07-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Parker trained with his NT for two weeks before the injury and he sprained his ankle against f-ing AUSTRIA !

Of course he was wearing a France jersey, but you cannot really say it was "high level world competition with your countries pride on the line". TP was simply working himself back into shape and happened to (mildly) sprain his ankle like he does so often because he's a little bit fragile at those areas.

He even said in an interview that he put his feet and ankles in buckets of ice after trainings and game - he's been paying attention, but that was not enough. So what? He'll be fine in a week.

Bruno
07-26-2009, 05:40 PM
^ Do you realize that Parker's "back in shape" program, has been established by Spurs. He was followed one week by Pop and another by Mike Brungardt.

You can continue to say that TO hasn't been "smart" while he has done what Spurs' staff wanted him to do.

DPG21920
07-26-2009, 05:42 PM
^ Do you realize that Parker's "back in shape" program, has been established by Spurs. He was followed one week by Pop and another by Mike Brungardt.

You can continue to say that TO hasn't been "smart" while he has done what Spurs' staff wanted him to do.

I said I want him to be smart. I did not say he was an idiot. I said that trying to play at a high level when not in shape is not smart. I said I want him to take it easy and not try and do too much too fast because his competitive juices are flowing.

I am happy that he is being very careful with this minor injury and not pushing to play a ton of minutes, even though he probably could.

And I do not "keep saying it"...I have already said I may have overstated/misinterpreted the reports of him being out of shape. My main concern is that if he is very out of shape, that he do not try and rush it back and if he gets injured (like he has) that he take the proper precautions. He seems to be doing that, so I am fine.

Tully365
07-26-2009, 05:45 PM
Playing pick up basketball and working yourself back into shape is different than playing high level world competition with your country's pride on the line. I love international basketball and there are always some inherent risks when playing sports.

But players should be smart about things and try and limit the injuries as much as possible. Just take care of yourself, work yourself back into shape, don't try and do too much and monitor any minor bumps and bruises so they do not become worse.

Playing pick up basketball is probably more risky because it is unsupervised and unofficiated. All it would take is one macho hothead looking to show how tough he is to do far worse damage than a sprained ankle.

angelbelow
07-26-2009, 07:31 PM
De Colo!

Lady M
07-26-2009, 07:38 PM
Parker says de Colo will be a SG with the Spurs, he plays SG for the NT but for his new Spanish team he'll be playin PG, y is that Bruno? Do the Spurs want him to improve his playmaking ability more than his scoring ability?

if he play PG he have a lot of work
he was better during the 3 days playing SG and be the 4th or 5th offensive option

ploto
07-26-2009, 08:46 PM
he got hurt 2 times before (2006 and 2007)...

Given that he did not play for his NT in 2008, he has gotten hurt the last three times straight.

timaios
07-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Given that he did not play for his NT in 2008, he has gotten hurt the last three times straight.

He did play with his NT in 2008.

GSH
07-27-2009, 03:00 AM
I wonder how some people expect Spurs fans to react? One of the best players on the team goes down to an injury, while playing for another team, and you expect them to be happy about it? After the Manu fiasco last season, of course there's going to be a fucking meltdown. Why wouldn't there be?

I'd love to get an honest response from some of the international fans about this:

What if Tony Parker became a naturalized American citizen, and FIBA granted him an exception to play for Team USA, because his father was an American citizen? (Spare me the rule quotes - this is about "what if".) Do you think the French fans would be happy about it? Do you think they would decide that since he lives here now, and became a citizen, it just makes sense for him to represent this country in the Olympics?

You don't really have to answer - the meltdown would be epic. I know it's not an identical situation, but the point is the same. Even if you are in favor of players competing with their NT's every summer, expecting most Spurs fans to be understanding about the injuries is naive, at best. And mocking them for being upset is, frankly, both ignorant and arrogant.

At least Tony wasn't already injured when the season ended, like Manu was last summer. So I'm sure he will get more latitude from the general community of Spurs fans. But now that has changed, because he is injured. If he continues to play, and something worse happens - even if it isn't necessarily directly related to this injury - the fans aren't going to be sympathetic or understanding. He may not have done anything stupid to get this injury, but getting a second (worse) one definitely would be stupid.

And, for the record, professional athletes catch shit all the time for getting injured in the off-season in pickup games. Or snowboarding, or rock climbing, or motorcycle riding, or anything else. They're professionals, making millions of dollars to play a sport. And they are expected to keep themselves healthy, and come into camp ready to play. You hear all the time that "basketball is a business" - and businesses naturally look at the bottom line. If you paid someone to back up your company's data, and they didn't get it done, would you really give a damn why they didn't get it done? Nope. Bottom line - you have the data or you don't. And in sports, the bottom line is, "Is the player injured, and was it avoidable?"

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-27-2009, 03:10 AM
I wonder how some people expect Spurs fans to react? One of the best players on the team goes down to an injury, while playing for another team, and you expect them to be happy about it? After the Manu fiasco last season, of course there's going to be a fucking meltdown. Why wouldn't there be?

I'd love to get an honest response from some of the international fans about this:

What if Tony Parker became a naturalized American citizen, and FIBA granted him an exception to play for Team USA, because his father was an American citizen? (Spare me the rule quotes - this is about "what if".) Do you think the French fans would be happy about it? Do you think they would decide that since he lives here now, and became a citizen, it just makes sense for him to represent this country in the Olympics?

You don't really have to answer - the meltdown would be epic. I know it's not an identical situation, but the point is the same. Even if you are in favor of players competing with their NT's every summer, expecting most Spurs fans to be understanding about the injuries is naive, at best. And mocking them for being upset is, frankly, both ignorant and arrogant.

At least Tony wasn't already injured when the season ended, like Manu was last summer. So I'm sure he will get more latitude from the general community of Spurs fans. But now that has changed, because he is injured. If he continues to play, and something worse happens - even if it isn't necessarily directly related to this injury - the fans aren't going to be sympathetic or understanding. He may not have done anything stupid to get this injury, but getting a second (worse) one definitely would be stupid.

And, for the record, professional athletes catch shit all the time for getting injured in the off-season in pickup games. Or snowboarding, or rock climbing, or motorcycle riding, or anything else. They're professionals, making millions of dollars to play a sport. And they are expected to keep themselves healthy, and come into camp ready to play. You hear all the time that "basketball is a business" - and businesses naturally look at the bottom line. If you paid someone to back up your company's data, and they didn't get it done, would you really give a damn why they didn't get it done? Nope. Bottom line - you have the data or you don't. And in sports, the bottom line is, "Is the player injured, and was it avoidable?"

I see what you're saying, but what do you think of Team USA then? Should they all pull out and rest and send college players to the Olympics? Are you saying that Dream Team should never have been assembled?

I respect players who want to represent their countries.

GSH
07-27-2009, 03:28 AM
I see what you're saying, but what do you think of Team USA then? Should they all pull out and rest and send college players to the Olympics? Are you saying that Dream Team should never have been assembled?

I respect players who want to represent their countries.

I answered that before you asked it, but in another thread. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132115&page=3

It really doesn't matter whether I admire them or not. Playing a professional sport, at that level, for 12 monts a year every single year is too much. I don't feel any different about American players doing it. And, no, the Dream Team never should have been assembled, because the Olympics were supposed to be for amateur athletes. Now Olympic basketball is just another league.

mathbzh
07-27-2009, 03:59 AM
I see your point GSH.
But "what if" a player make it clear he wants to play for his NT.
What if, despite being aware of the situation, a team proposes him a big contract.

As you say, it is a business. If the Spurs didn't want to risk their money on Manu or Parker (or Duncan since he played for the US) it was rather easy.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-27-2009, 04:01 AM
I answered that before you asked it, but in another thread. http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132115&page=3

It really doesn't matter whether I admire them or not. Playing a professional sport, at that level, for 12 monts a year every single year is too much. I don't feel any different about American players doing it. And, no, the Dream Team never should have been assembled, because the Olympics were supposed to be for amateur athletes. Now Olympic basketball is just another league.

Dream Team was the NBA's greatest ambassador, it was the start of the globalization, it made people watch in awe, made players work hard to get there, lured sponsors and money from all over the earth. In essence it made NBA's future brighter, so IMO it was great that it was assembled.

And while I agree it must be exhausting for an NBA player to participate in summer games as well, I don't agree that some 10 games during the summer can influence a player's condition and health that much for the NBA season, especially if you compare these games with the gruesome NBA schedule and travelling, but that's another topic. IMO the NBA regular season should not be that long, there shouldn't be weeks in which a team plays 4 times, there shouldn't be back to backs, unless they are consecutive home games, etc. I believe this exhausting schedule is a much bigger concern when it comes to players health than a few summer games.

JPB
07-27-2009, 05:20 AM
Is anyone going to the game Thursday at Courbetin ?

sonic21
07-27-2009, 05:42 AM
it's just for precautionary measure that he won't play the next game. Tony injury is not serious.

JP le Requin
07-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Is anyone going to the game Thursday at Courbetin ?

yes, myself, my borther and my girlfriend
and some buddies too are going

Riverwalkman
07-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Yes, for the moment no reason to panic. The injury seems small and they will be careful with him. France NT next and last preparation game is Thursday, TP likely won't play it by precautionary measure.
Happy to hear TP is nicely protected.

ploto
07-27-2009, 01:05 PM
He did play with his NT in 2008.

That's right- he was not supposed to but then he did. So, he got hurt 3 of the last 4 summers. Still not a good track record.

timaios
07-27-2009, 01:33 PM
That's right- he was not supposed to but then he did. So, he got hurt 3 of the last 4 summers. Still not a good track record.

In 8 years with the Spurs, Tony played 612 games in regular season...

It is 76.5 games / RS. (That with Pop resting his stars in some games before the playoffs.)

And he played 122/122 games in playoffs.

I think that is a good track record. :toast

JPB
07-28-2009, 03:34 AM
yes, myself, my borther and my girlfriend
and some buddies too are going

Ok, maybe we could meet there (and other people going to the game) ?

JP le Requin
07-28-2009, 06:02 AM
i think i will go there @ 6 pm, then my girlfriend and my brother will come @ 8pm..i will try to get some pictures/signatures of TP if even he comes (it didnt come to the last games)
so a meeting, why not but it will be hard to meet us...why not to try to do a picture with some spurs fans from spurstalk..lets try, we will post the pictures, i will wear my white duncan jersey signed by ginobili, bonner and i hope TP...

Freeze
07-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Tony Parker capitaine

Tony Parker sera le capitaine de l'équipe de France lors des repêchages de l'Euro (5-30 août), a révélé Vincent Collet mercredi à la veille du dernier match de préparation, contre la Hongrie à Paris. Sur le flanc actuellement après avoir été touché à la cheville droite vendredi, TP laissera le brassard à Boris Diaw lors de cette rencontre, voire le 5 août contre l'Italie. Le programme de reprise de Parker prévoit qu'il puisse jouer à Cagliari mais le sélectioneur a précisé que «le staff ne prendra aucun risque». «On est dans une situation où il faut penser au delà d'Italie-France, même si ce match comptera sûrement à 50% dans la qualification», a-t-il ajouté.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090729_142139_tony-parker-capitaine.html

Bruno
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
Spurs have send back Mike Brungardt to manage Parker's rehab. Chip will also follow him. Parker has started to run on a treadmill yesterday. They will be careful will him and it isn't a lock that he will play the first qualification game next Wednesday.

sonic21
07-29-2009, 02:23 PM
They will be careful will him and it isn't a lock that he will play the first qualification game next Wednesday.

wow that would sucks, it's the most difficult game they'll have to play.

DPG21920
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Good, I am glad they are being careful.

timvp
07-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Another "minor" NT injury that will supposedly only take a few days to heal that doesn't turn out to be too minor. Like clockwork.

This better not be like the time TP suffered a "minor" broken finger. Or the "minor" ankle injury that slowed him for months.

Let's hope this one is actually nothing serious :wakeup

Bruno
07-29-2009, 02:28 PM
BTW, the France-Austria game is available (links found in realgm forum):

1st quarter: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa07ad_franceautriche1_sport
2nd quarter: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa07hs_franceautriche2_sport
3rd quarter: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa07k3_franceautriche3_sport
4th quarter: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa07o3_franceautriche4_sport

Boxscore (to know who is behind a jersey number if you don't recognize a player):
http://www.basketfrance.com/_fbs/0910/edf_2.pdf

Da Spurs
07-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I really haven't understood the off-season controvery. These guys are basketball players and that means they will play basketball in the off season. They will play in pick-up games, one-on-ones, and anywhere else they can go to simulate a basketball game to keep in shape and keep their skills sharp.

I personally think playing in an organized situation like Tony is playing is good for him and anyone else who plays for their national team. If anything, it might be preferrable because it's in a controlled environment.

NicolasBatum
07-30-2009, 03:36 PM
NANDO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without Tony he save the French team @ the buzzer
He can be a great combo guard for the Spurs right now !

urunobili
07-30-2009, 03:44 PM
NANDO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without Tony he save the French team @ the buzzer
He can be a great combo guard for the Spurs right now !

:hungry:

sonic21
07-30-2009, 04:15 PM
France

3 pts 1/17
FT 17/33

De colo 18 pts

Bruno
07-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I didn't watch the game but France won 70-69 against Hungary. Nando scored 18 points and hit the buzzer beater. He is a player that likes to take the last shot.

Stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/4380/00/90/94/16RRkjlh6EGs/

It's the end of the preparation games. French NT is shooting 51.8% from the FT line over these 4 games, that's damn ugly.

Next game is the first qualification game in Italy. It's a huge game and if France lose by a big margin, their summer is basically over. Let's hope TP will be here and in quite good shape.

yavozerb
07-30-2009, 04:52 PM
Is Hungary even any good?

JP le Requin
07-30-2009, 06:20 PM
i was @ the game...and france didnt play well, they didnt shoot well..and why our centers/pf dont go inside, we have size and power..why dont they go inside for easy points?

nando was great in the 4th he made good points, i mean 3 pts and leadership..and the hit buzzer..i have it in video..i will post it soon

nando even signed me the ticket :-) another spurs in my collection!

timaios
07-30-2009, 06:21 PM
according to lequipe (french site), the spurs ask tony to come back to san antonio.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090731_010211_parker-rentre-a-san-antonio.html

Tony will not play the 1st game against Italy.
So again, French NT without 3 starters : Parker, M.Pietrus & Noah.

I just want to see that team play with all his best players, just one time.

:depressed

sonic21
07-30-2009, 06:22 PM
according to lequipe (french site), the spurs ask tony to come back to san antonio. He will not play against italy wednesday. It's not sure he'll play the remaining games too...

http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/breves2009/20090731_010211_parker-rentre-a-san-antonio.html

Bruno
07-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Great. :rolleyes

Spurs' crappy medical staff acts again.

Spurs Brazil
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
That sucks

It looks like every time TP goes to play for France something bad happen. And in the end TP, France and the Spurs are upset. I hope TP is healthy and France can win games

sonic21
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
his injury is not serious wtf

Solid D
07-30-2009, 06:35 PM

The same staff that helped Javtokas play basketball again? lol: Any way... I know it's frustrating for French NT so I sympathize with you.

Spurs Brazil
07-30-2009, 06:36 PM
his injury is not serious wtf

It's very strange. It looks like Spurs doctors and French doctors never agree

z0sa
07-30-2009, 06:41 PM

I'm surprised Chump hasn't called you out for not being an "expert" yet.

Bruno
07-30-2009, 06:42 PM
The same staff that helped Javtokas play basketball again? lol: Any way... I know it's frustrating for French NT so I sympathize with you.

The same staff that fucked up everything ankle related these past couple of years.

I'm quite sure the doctors that have seen him in France are more competent than the ones in SA. Spurs medical staff is so great that Manu and Ian have had their surgeries in LA.

And even as a Spurs fan who don't care about French NT, it isn't a good news. TP is quite pissed about what happened and it could bite Spurs in the ass later.

timaios
07-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Seriously i am tired of the fact that the NBA fuck the French NT (and other NT).
Every year it's the same story. Diaw, Pietrus, Noah, Parker...
French NT had a great generation, and we've never seen them play all together.

Imagine if the football clubs did the same thing with Ribery, Henry, Zidane etc...
What is the future... cancel World Cups ??? Basket, Football ("soccer"). Who's next ?

The NBA is killing international competition.

It's a shame !

Solid D
07-30-2009, 06:56 PM
The same staff that ****ed up everything ankle related these past couple of years.

I'm quite sure the doctors that have seen him in France are more competent than the ones in SA. Spurs medical staff is so great that Manu and Ian have had their surgeries in LA.

And even as a Spurs fan who don't care about French NT, it isn't a good news. TP is quite pissed about what happened and it could bite Spurs in the ass later.

You mad? :downspin:

Bruno
07-30-2009, 07:05 PM
You mad? :downspin:

Yes and you should too.

I'm quite sure you won't be happy if TP doesn't re-sign with Spurs in 2011 because of that.

Solid D
07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
I have no idea who made the call for TP to come back to the USA, perhaps you know the details Bruno, but if I were guessing, I'd say it was mostly Pop's decision.

Will Sevening is a very good trainer and I know David Schmidt is an outstanding Ortho doc. The other team doctor, Paul Saenz, I'm not sure about. I really don't get the impression that Manu's and Ian's foot and leg injuries were because of poor treatment by the team's physicians and trainers.

DPG21920
07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Yes and you should too.

I'm quite sure you won't be happy if TP doesn't re-sign with Spurs in 2011 because of that.

You seem to be quick to jump to conclusions. Why would you think this would make him so mad that it could be the main reason he might not re-sign?

And what proof do you have that the Spurs doctors are worse than the French? How can you be sure it was the Spurs doctors fault with Ian and Manu?

timvp
07-30-2009, 07:13 PM
I don't understand blaming the Spurs' doctors in this scenario. The French doctors once again rushed to say Parker's injury was minor. Just like they did with his broken finger and other ankle injury.

Obviously it isn't minor because Parker can't play and agreed to fly back to San Antonio. If it were a "very minor" injury like was reported, Parker could have ignored the Spurs and played. But even before the Spurs went over to France, there was talk about TP being out for a couple of weeks instead of the original couple of days.

If the French NT wants to build trust with the Spurs, immediately claiming that every injury is minor and then bashing Parker and the Spurs for not playing through non-minor injuries is not the way to go.

Initially lying about the "very minor" injury for the third time in four summers or whatever it is gets old really fast ... especially when you have so many millions of dollars at stake. If France misdiagnoses TP's injury and he has a noodle ankle again this year, all the money spent by Holt would go down the drain.

timaios
07-30-2009, 07:15 PM

Parker rentre à San Antonio
Info L'Equipe : Tony Parker rentre aux Etats-Unis. En effet, après avoir pris connaissance des examens médicaux passés par le meneur français, le staff des San Antonio Spurs lui a demandé de revenir au club.
Tony Parker doit rentrer à San Antonio à la demande du staff de son club.(EQ)
Tony Parker doit rentrer à San Antonio à la demande du staff de son club.(EQ)

C'est un coup de tonnerre qui vient de frapper l'équipe de France. Juste après avoir péniblement réussi à battre la Hongrie (70-69), jeudi soir en match de préparation aux repêchages de l'Euro, les Bleus ont appris que Tony Parker devait rentrer à San Antonio, à la demande des Spurs. «Le meneur français, à la surprise générale, a été prié de regagner les Etat-Unis afin d'être vu par sa franchise, explique un communiqué de la Fédération française. Mercredi, à la demande de son club, le staff de l'équipe de France avait fait passer au joueur une IRM de sa cheville, qui a confirmé le premier diagnostic : une entorse bénigne».
Sa participation en doute pour Italie-France

Les dirigeants de San Antonio veulent donc que Parker rentrer au Texas afin de «subir des examens complémentaires», alors que, toujours d'après le communiqué de la FFBB, «les soins prodigués en équipe de France devaient permettre un retour rapide du joueur à la compétition». En effet, le meneur français «marche normalement» et avait recommencé à courir. Ce voyage aux Etats-Unis laisse planer de sérieux doutes sur la participation de "TP" au match de repêchage contre l'Italie, le 5 août à Cagliari. Le staff des Bleus «ne sait pas s'il sera de retour pour (ce match) et pour les matches qui suivent».

Parker : «Je ne comprends sincèrement pas cette décision»

Le forfait du joueur n'est donc pas certain, mais, même si les Spurs laissaient Parker repartir vers l'Europe un jour après son retour à San Antonio, cela ne constituerait pas une préparation idéale avant un match d'une telle importance, avec 22h d'avions dans les jambes et trois jours sans entraînement. Les rares personnes qui ont pu croiser "TP" à sa sortie du stade de Coubertin, l'ont vu très contrarié. Le joueur n'a pu s'exprimer que par le biais du communiqué de la Fédération : «Je ne comprends sincèrement pas cette décision, après tous les test effectués en commun» entre l'équipe de France et les Spurs. «Je regrette ce qui se passe. Je suis obligé de suivre les injonctions de mon club, poursuit Parker. J'espère revenir au plus vite pour disputer les matches de qualification».

Parker s'envole vendredi matin en direction de San Antonio, en compagnie de l'osthéopate des Bleus, dépêché par le staff tricolore afin de «continuer les soins entamés» et de «permettre le retour» du joueur. Affaire à suivre.

sonic21
07-30-2009, 07:16 PM

Parker : «Je ne comprends sincèrement pas cette décision»

Parker : "i sincerely don't understand this decision"

timvp
07-30-2009, 07:21 PM
Parker : "i sincerely don't understand this decision"

I'm not sure what there is to understand. If he could play, he'd be playing and this wouldn't be an issue. He's obviously hurt (he wasn't for sure going to play against Italy before the Spurs did anything) and the Spurs asked him to come back to do further tests. He could have pulled a Manu and said no and continue playing.

Parker holds all the cards in this situation.

Bruno
07-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I don't understand blaming the Spurs' doctors in this scenario. The French doctors once again rushed to say Parker's injury was minor. Just like they did with his broken finger and other ankle injury.

False.

FYI, Parker was seen in France by French NT staff and by a doctor directly picked by Spurs. The doctor picked by Spurs said that Parker injury was minor.

sonic21
07-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm not sure what there is to understand. If he could play, he'd be playing and this wouldn't be an issue. He's obviously hurt (he wasn't for sure going to play against Italy before the Spurs did anything) and the Spurs asked him to come back to do further tests. He could have pulled a Manu and said no and continue playing.

Parker holds all the cards in this situation.

The article is saying he's walking normally, he started running too. He was sure to play the remaining games. Everyone (the french team, tony ) is really surprised.

DPG21920
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
And I do not know how any Spurs fans can be mad? If TP is truly hurt than him not trying to play because of pride is a good thing. If he is not hurt and the Spurs are just over reacting, that does not hurt the Spurs and it is quite the stretch to believe that all of the relationship built up between the Spurs and TP would be erased over this incident and that he might not re-sign bc of it.

Not to mention because TP knows how injuries have bit the Spurs before.

timvp
07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
False.

FYI, Parker was seen in France by French NT staff and by a doctor directly picked by Spurs. The doctor picked by Spurs said that Parker injury was minor.

If it's minor, then why has hasn't he been playing and why has the status for the Italy game been in doubt prior to the Spurs doing anything? And if it's so minor, why would Parker listen to the Spurs' orders? He could just say 'no I'm fine' and keep playing.

The Spurs don't have anything to hold over him. The Spurs had a contract and possible career-ending injury concern to hold against Manu and that couldn't stop him from playing.

Bruno
07-30-2009, 07:40 PM
If it's minor, then why has hasn't he been playing and why has the status for the Italy game been in doubt prior to the Spurs doing anything?

He surely could have played on it if it was playoffs games. It was preparations games, so everybody was careful.

And the status for the Italy game depended also on how Parker was in shape. It wasn't only health related.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Is Hungary even any good?

:lol:rollin of course not

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Seriously i am tired of the fact that the NBA fuck the French NT (and other NT).
Every year it's the same story. Diaw, Pietrus, Noah, Parker...
French NT had a great generation, and we've never seen them play all together.

Imagine if the football clubs did the same thing with Ribery, Henry, Zidane etc...
What is the future... cancel World Cups ??? Basket, Football ("soccer"). Who's next ?

The NBA is killing international competition.

It's a shame !

Remember the rule Stern made. NBA teams CANNOT ever prohibit US players from playing for Team USA for any reason but they CAN force foreign players not to for injuries.

Obviously this is a very blatant attempt to help Team USA.

JP le Requin
07-30-2009, 08:32 PM
i saw tp today and he really walked without problems...he was relax, walked normal i mean not like the pirat in peter pan on one leg!

me too i dont understand the spurs staff reaction...

what about our chances to win europe competition now??

will usa fans would like to see a dream team or redemption team without kobe, lebron and now kevin durant? no! its the same for french supporters (and i am first a spurs fan)

Bruno
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Some no-Parker related news:

The NT is in deep shit at the PG spot. Parker is out and his backup (Gomis) is also likely out.
2 PGs have been called up: Jeanneau and Diot. Jeanneau is a vet pass first PG but he isn't very good and is said to be a poor shape. Diot is 20 years old but is in shape since he played the U20 Euro few days ago.

With the lack of shooter (Diarra could also be out), Edwin Jackson has also been called up. He is a 19 years old SG who also played the Euro U20.

Ian was in Paris to watch the NT plays against Hungary. Ian could maybe join the NT.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Some no-Parker related news:

The NT is in deep shit at the PG spot. Parker is out and his backup (Gomis) is also likely out.
2 PGs have been called up: Jeanneau and Diot. Jeanneau is a vet pass first PG but he isn't very good and is said to be a poor shape. Diot is 20 years old but is in shape since he played the U20 Euro few days ago.

With the lack of shooter (Diarra could also be out), Edwin Jackson has also been called up. He is a 19 years old SG who also played the Euro U20.

Ian was in Paris to watch the NT plays against Hungary. Ian could maybe join the NT.

Diot and Jackson are talented players but too young for this level.

nkdlunch
07-31-2009, 03:07 PM
Ian could maybe join the NT.

Ian "glassman" Mahinmi???? yeah, HOlt will love that

:lol

Bruno
07-31-2009, 03:24 PM
Ian "glassman" Mahinmi???? yeah, HOlt will love that

Spurs would surely like to see Ian playing some games after a year off.

picnroll
07-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Why not Beaubois at PG?

timaios
07-31-2009, 04:49 PM
EdF (M): Diarra et Gomis forfaits

Alors que Vincent Collet avait décidé d'appeler trois nouveaux joueurs en début de journée (Diot, Jackson et Jeanneau), le staff de l'équipe de France a officialisé le forfait de Mamoutou Diarra et Joseph Gomis par le biais d'un communiqué publié vendredi en fin de soirée. Le premier souffre de l'épaule droite (périarthrite), tandis que le second se plaint toujours d'une tendinite récurrente au tendon d'Achille du pied gauche.

Diarra & Gomis are officially out. Better and better... :depressed

timvp
07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Gomis should fly to San Antonio. The Spurs can fix him :stirpot:

timvp
07-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Would De Colo start at point guard or is he strictly at SG for the NT?

Dex
07-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Americans don't feel pain. If Parker wasn't European, none of this would be a problem.

Bruno
07-31-2009, 04:54 PM
Would De Colo start at point guard or is he strictly at SG for the NT?

At first he was strictly a SG for the NT but with Parker and Gomis out, he will start at PG.

DPG21920
07-31-2009, 04:54 PM
De Colo, even though a SG primarily for the NT, will play the PG spot more than likely.

Bruno
07-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Highlights of the France-Hungary game:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa0oc9_francehongrie-basket-match-de-prepa_sport

The last basket is Nando's buzzer beater.

timvp
07-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Good looking last take by De Colo :tu

That'd be nice if the Spurs found another NBA level player at the end of the second round.

DPG21920
07-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Damn, I love Batum. Nasty dunk in that highlight.

DAF86
07-31-2009, 05:22 PM
Highlights of the France-Hungary game:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa0oc9_francehongrie-basket-match-de-prepa_sport

The last basket is Nando's buzzer beater.

Buzzer beater against Hungary? WTF?

Bruno
08-02-2009, 02:11 PM
The last player cut is Ajinça.

The 12 players roster for the first qualification game against Italy is:
Antoine Diot
Aymeric Jeanneau
Yannick Bokolo
Nando De Colo
Edwin Jackson
Nicolas Batum
Boris Diaw
Florent Pietrus
Alain Koffi
Ali Traoré
Ronny Turiaf
Johan Petro

Except De Colo, Batum and Diaw (who is more a 4 than a 3), the rest of the perimeter players shouldn't be able to help the team. The team also lack a lot of offensive potential. These are huge concerns for the game against Italy.

DPG21920
08-02-2009, 02:22 PM
If Bargnani sucks so bad, why would France worry, lol...

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-02-2009, 06:16 PM

Antoine Diot
Aymeric Jeanneau
Yannick Bokolo
Nando De Colo
Edwin Jackson
Nicolas Batum
Boris Diaw
Florent Pietrus
Alain Koffi
Ali Traoré
Ronny Turiaf
Johan Petro

Except De Colo, Batum and Diaw (who is more a 4 than a 3), the rest of the perimeter players shouldn't be able to help the team. The team also lack a lot of offensive potential. These are huge concerns for the game against Italy.

Italy's best play maker Mancinelli might be suspended by FIBA. They might be able to win if he does not play.

Brazil
08-02-2009, 08:04 PM

Antoine Diot
Aymeric Jeanneau
Yannick Bokolo
Nando De Colo
Edwin Jackson
Nicolas Batum
Boris Diaw
Florent Pietrus
Alain Koffi
Ali Traoré
Ronny Turiaf
Johan Petro

Bruno I don't know what is your feeling but I think we are in big trouble.

sonic21
08-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Our offense sucks right now but i watched some Italy games and they play no defense. So maybe we can be steal the game in italy with only good defense.

Brazil
08-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Our offense sucks right now but i watched some Italy games and they play no defense. So maybe we can be steal the game in italy with only good defense.

When you have no O and you shoot the FTs at less than 50%, I really hope Italian D sucks Big Time

sonic21
08-02-2009, 08:20 PM
well i didn't see the last game, but i heard the offense was pretty pathetic, so i'm worried too. I don't think they'll shoot the 3pts that bad though.

Brazil
08-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Even considering a very bad Italy I just don't see this team winning this game, I hope it will be close enough to have a chance after

JP le Requin
08-02-2009, 09:05 PM
i have some pictures and very short videos (including the last shoot of nando de colo) i made..
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/jpnrc/France%20vs%20Hongrie/

have you seen the fights between italian players and canadian players today...ugly!

urunobili
08-02-2009, 09:22 PM
They will defeat Italy sans TP... bet money on that! Diaw and Batum will dominate!

sonic21
08-02-2009, 09:58 PM
i have some pictures and very short videos (including the last shoot of nando de colo) i made..
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w41/jpnrc/France%20vs%20Hongrie/

have you seen the fights between italian players and canadian players today...ugly!

nice pics. yea i saw the fight, i posted it earlier in this thread.
maybe there will be some suspension in the italian team.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-02-2009, 11:43 PM
They will defeat Italy sans TP... bet money on that! Diaw and Batum will dominate!

Italy has a better team right now.

Bruno
08-03-2009, 03:41 AM
Bruno I don't know what is your feeling but I think we are in big trouble.

I think too.

Problem is that they went with a 13 players group very soon in the preparation. It makes sense when you only have 3 weeks and 4 preparation games but the NT had some injuries (Parker, Gomis and Diarra) and is now in panic mode.

Collet went with players that know his systems and/or were in shape as substitute. I don't know if he could have made otherwise given that it was one week before the first game, but the result is that the team has players that have nothing to do on a NT (Diot, Jackson and an out of shape Jeanneau).

Now, I won't say that this team won't lose for sure by 20 against Italy. There are some talent (Batum, Diaw, De Colo and some solid bigs) and Italy doens't look great. I have a hard time saying what this team will do. Nothing will surprise me coming from them for this first game.

mathbzh
08-03-2009, 03:55 AM
As you said we are in trouble.

I still don't understand why Jeanneau was not there in the first place. Even if Gomis was there, he is not a PG. Gomis, Bokolo, De Colo none can play PG at this level for long stretch. The NT staff should have known TP could miss games for any minor injury ( Especially this year, with the Spurs going all in).

timvp
08-03-2009, 03:56 AM
Any stream for the Italy game? If France can keep it in single digits, they should be good.

They won't lose to Finland even without Parker, right?

Bruno
08-03-2009, 05:18 AM
I still don't understand why Jeanneau was not there in the first place. Even if Gomis was there, he is not a PG. Gomis, Bokolo, De Colo none can play PG at this level for long stretch. The NT staff should have known TP could miss games for any minor injury ( Especially this year, with the Spurs going all in).

I've always considered Jeanneau as a quite bad player but it's true that with TP injury, a Jeanneau in shape would have really help the team.

There was a quite interesting article about the whole "combo guard/true PG" problematic few days ago:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/20090729_164353_ou-sont-passes-les-go.html

Bruno
08-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Any stream for the Italy game?

Too soon to say.

They won't lose to Finland even without Parker, right?

They shouldn't. Finland is a quite bad team.

mathbzh
08-03-2009, 06:21 AM
I've always considered Jeanneau as a quite bad player but it's true that with TP injury, a Jeanneau in shape would have really help the team.

There was a quite interesting article about the whole "combo guard/true PG" problematic few days ago:
http://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/20090729_164353_ou-sont-passes-les-go.html

IMHO Gomis and Bokolo are not combo guards but undersized SG without a jumpshot.

temujin
08-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Italy is ready to play.
Mancio showing the way.
The adequate team reaction to the elbows activities of the sonofabitch canadian proves the point.

Bring them on.

Just bring the parker-less frencies on.

Brazil
08-03-2009, 07:25 AM
I think too.

Problem is that they went with a 13 players group very soon in the preparation. It makes sense when you only have 3 weeks and 4 preparation games but the NT had some injuries (Parker, Gomis and Diarra) and is now in panic mode.

Collet went with players that know his systems and/or were in shape as substitute. I don't know if he could have made otherwise given that it was one week before the first game, but the result is that the team has players that have nothing to do on a NT (Diot, Jackson and an out of shape Jeanneau).

Now, I won't say that this team won't lose for sure by 20 against Italy. There are some talent (Batum, Diaw, De Colo and some solid bigs) and Italy doens't look great. I have a hard time saying what this team will do. Nothing will surprise me coming from them for this first game.

I agree with that. To have a chance we need Boris take over the whole thing but he is not selfish enough to take 20 shoots and unfortunately he hasn't the leadership spirit. I miss Bonato, Rigaudeau..

JPB
08-03-2009, 11:09 AM
The vets (Diaw, F. Pietrus, Turiaf) need to play 30 min + and Boris has to step up and take his responsabilities.

The X factor should be De Colo and maybe Batum. If one of them or better, both of them perform well, France is in good position.

Nando has shown vs Hungaria that he can take things on his back (being the only one who can shoot) and isn't afraid. He also knows european BB better.

I think Collet should start him at PG cos he's the only one beside Diaw who can make things happen on offense.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-03-2009, 02:29 PM
Italy is ready to play.
Mancio showing the way.
The adequate team reaction to the elbows activities of the sonofabitch canadian proves the point.

Bring them on.

Just bring the parker-less frencies on.

Is Mancinelli getting suspended or not?

temujin
08-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Is Mancinelli getting suspended or not?

No news so far.
I guess not.

Bruno
08-03-2009, 03:14 PM
http://www.lnb.fr/index.php?pid=50&id_article=17119&cursor_start=0

I think he will play. How many times, how, it's another question but I believe we won't be able to keep him off playing. He will want too much to play. He will be back on Thursday at Pau and we will only play on Thursday. He will want to play anyway. Saturday, on phone, he was still a little upset about having to stay for few days in the USA but he was also very happy about coming back.

Bruno
08-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Game between Canada and Italy was organized by Italian federation and not by the Fiba so Mancinelli shouldn't be suspended.

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Game between Canada and Italy was organized by Italian federation and not by the Fiba so Mancinelli shouldn't be suspended.

Lucky for Italy.

Brazil
08-05-2009, 11:40 AM
didn't see posted

from L'Equipe.fr

S'il sera bel et bien absent face à l'Italie mercredi, Tony Parker jouera bien face à la Finlande, samedi à Pau. «Je pense qu'il jouera. Combien, comment, c'est autre chose, mais je crois qu'on ne pourra pas l'empêcher de jouer. Il aura trop envie», a expliqué Vincent Collet, lundi, avant d'ajouter: «Il sera de retour jeudi à Pau et on ne joue que samedi. Il voudra jouer de toute façon. Samedi au téléphone, il était encore un peu agacé de devoir rester plusieurs jours (aux Etats-Unis) mais aussi très content de revenir». Une nouvelle qui, selon Collet, va «regonfler les troupes». «Désormais on a tout pour avancer», conclut le sélectionneur des Bleus.

Tony will play saturday against Finland. V collet "I think he will play but how and how long, I don't know. I think it will be impossible to prevent him from playing, he wants badly to play. He will be back Thursday in France (Pau) and we only play Finland saturday. He will want to play. Last saturday on the phone it seems he is still annoyed to be obliged to stay in SA several days but he is very happy to come back."

edit: for some corrections

Brazil
08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Tonight first game Italy - France without parker at 20h30 Paris time

Bruno
08-05-2009, 01:29 PM
stream in french:
http://fr.justin.tv/keeperlive1

boxscore:
http://live.fibaeurope.com/netcasting/default.asp?game_number=6375-B-1&microsite_scope=undefined

robot89
08-05-2009, 01:35 PM
stream in french:
http://fr.justin.tv/keeperlive1

boxscore:
http://live.fibaeurope.com/netcasting/default.asp?game_number=6375-B-1&microsite_scope=undefined

thanks B

CAPARG
08-05-2009, 01:47 PM
France 12-6

Freeze
08-05-2009, 02:00 PM
end of 1st, up by 6

MB20
08-05-2009, 02:02 PM
21-15 France

Freeze
08-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Halftime, sill up by 6.

MB20
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Halftime.

France up 35-29

Bambililos
08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I love Flo Pietrus!

angelbelow
08-05-2009, 02:25 PM
thanks bruno.

MB20
08-05-2009, 02:48 PM
lol Italy:

Mancinelli = 4 assists
Rest of team = 1 assist

3:38 left on the 3rd qtr.

urunobili
08-05-2009, 02:53 PM

Freeze
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
End of 3rd : 51-51

MB20
08-05-2009, 02:55 PM
End of 3rd.
Tied at 51

Brazil
08-05-2009, 03:00 PM
Flo / Diaw / Batum feeding the box score. De Colo invisible.

53 52 Italy

Brazil
08-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Pietrus is hot 7/8 at 2 and 2/3 at 3.

Itatly +2 5mn47 left

Brazil
08-05-2009, 03:07 PM
De Colo 3 !!!!!

urunobili
08-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Nando should pick up some assists...

Brazil
08-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Pietrus is on beasting mode

kace
08-05-2009, 03:14 PM
fuckin offensive rebounds. and we're more athletic than them

EDIT: yep !! batum's 3

Bambililos
08-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Batum!!!!

kace
08-05-2009, 03:19 PM
missed 3 by flo who could have killed the game and really BS foul for italy..

Darthkiller
08-05-2009, 03:23 PM
lol batum with the airball

timvp
08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Damn Bargnani sucks.

CAPARG
08-05-2009, 03:27 PM
overtime

urunobili
08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
lol Gigli

Darthkiller
08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
thsoe coaches sux. they just throw the ball to their nba players

kace
08-05-2009, 03:30 PM
thsoe coaches sux. they just throw the ball to their nba players

maybe because they're the stars of the team.

who do the NBA coaches choose to give the ball in money time ? the scrubs ?

Darthkiller
08-05-2009, 03:32 PM
maybe because they're the stars of the team.

who do the NBA coaches choose to give the ball in money time ? the scrubs ?

no i mean they dont even draw up plays. the french coach just gave the ball to batum in the clutch adn have him in an iso lol.

kace
08-05-2009, 03:37 PM
no i mean they dont even draw up plays. the french coach just gave the ball to batum in the clutch adn have him in an iso lol.

bball is unfair sometimes lol
what a bad shot from Flo pietrus and it could be the one wich give us the win. hope so...

Bambililos
08-05-2009, 03:41 PM
France WINS!!!!!
That feels good :)

NicolasBatum
YES !!!!!!!!

Spurs draft target 2010 : Antoine Diot

kace
YYEESSS !!!!!!!!

ps: wasn't the last 3 good ?

Bruno
What a game! :elephant

urunobili
08-05-2009, 03:42 PM
It's a win!!!! I called it!!!! Like Bruno once said posters here on ST love to suck their own dick when they called something right... :self dick sucking :lol

Freeze
08-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Antoine Diot is made of ice !!!!!

sonic21
08-05-2009, 03:44 PM
yeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!

timaios
08-05-2009, 03:47 PM
:elephant:elephant:elephant

Freeze
08-05-2009, 03:47 PM
Italy has a better team right now.

Pinked !

:lmao

sonic21
08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
de colo had a bad game though, two good layup and that's it

Freeze
08-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Diot and Jackson are talented players but too young for this level.

:lmao:lmao

Freeze
08-05-2009, 03:52 PM
YES !!!!!!!!

Spurs draft target 2010 : Antoine Diot

No way, he can't miss a FT !

:downspin:

timvp
08-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Nice job, France.

I guess all the emo whining didn't amount to anything . . .

timaios
08-05-2009, 03:56 PM
C'est quoi cette règle stupide de prolongation en cas de match nul.
Et si les Italiens avaient fait un écart de 10 points dans la prolongation ???
C'est ridicule.

Enfin, heureusement ils ont gagné !!! :ihit

Bambililos
Yeah, easy to say it now.

Spurs fans can breathe now, Parker will resign in two years:downspin:

lurker23
I think the bigger question is whether France would have won if Tony had played...

:stirpot:

Bruno
08-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Batum, Diaw and Pietrus were just great. It's quite amazing to see Pietrus raising his level when he plays for the NT.
Jeanneau and Diot were very solid at the PG spot. For a player that young, Diot was amazing in the clutch.
I've also like how the team attacked the zone and the character they show. At -5 in the OT, I thought the NT would lost by double digit.

For the negative, Petro has been really bad and Nando has been inconsistent.

For Italy, Bellineli was awesome. I've also like Mancinelli (the injury was maybe the payback for the coward punch) and Gigli. Bargnani was damn bad.

timaios
08-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Nice job, France.

I guess all the emo whining didn't amount to anything . . .

Because you don't feel that way when something bad happens to the Spurs... :lol

timvp
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
It's quite amazing to see Pietrus raising his level when he plays for the NT.Yeah he was a scrub on the Spurs' summer league team. It's weird that he turns into like the best player on France when it is NT time.

Bargnani was damn bad.

Amen.

So now France just needs to beat Finland twice and beat Italy at home (or narrowly lose) to advance? Is Parker still scheduled to play against Finland?

Macca76
08-05-2009, 04:04 PM
because you don't feel that way when something bad happens to the spurs... :lol
+1 :lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
08-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Pinked !

:lmao

STFU

The only reason they won was because of Mancinelli leaving.