PDA

View Full Version : Free pastries at $tarbuck$ with beverage purchase July 21

CubanMustGo
07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Better get there early, note the freebies are first-come, first-served.

------

We’re making a change: your food not only tastes better, it is better. To celebrate, we’re inviting you to bring this invitation to a participating U.S. Starbucks store to enjoy a FREE pastry* from opening** until 10:30am on July 21st, 2009 (while supplies last) with the purchase of any beverage*.

Click to print your invitation:
http://www.starbucks.com/retail/print_free_pastry.html

Or open this page in a mobile device and show your barista:
http://www.starbucks.com/FreePastryDay

* Pastries included in offer are: Muffins, Scones, Bagels, Croissants, Rolls, Breads, Pound Cakes, Morning Bun, Coffeecakes, Cheese Danish, Apple Fritter, Doughnuts, Tarts, Pies, Gluten Free Orange Valencia Cake, Tropical Paradise Bar.

Offer available at participating U.S. stores with the purchase of any handcrafted beverage (handcrafted, brewed, iced). Limit one free pastry per customer. Offer good between opening and 10:30 a.m. or until pastries are gone, whichever comes first. Opening hours and pastry selection vary. Supplies are limited. Offer not valid in Hawaii, airports and travel plazas or at Barnes & Noble cafes. Starbucks reserves the right to cancel, amend or revoke the offer at any time due to business considerations or circumstances beyond its control. Starbucks is not responsible for errors, omissions, malfunctions, interruptions, deletions, delays or failures of operations. Void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. Cannot be combined with other offers or discounts. Cash value 1/20 cent. Not valid if photocopied, altered or reproduced. Barista, please ring discount code 563. Our new food is not yet available everywhere; ask your barista for details. **For 24 hours stores – opening is 4 a.m.

JudynTX
07-20-2009, 02:25 PM
F Starbucks!

ashbeeigh
07-20-2009, 02:28 PM
That's not worth waiting in line for. Big whoop. But I'm not a coffee drinker either.

JuanValdez
07-20-2009, 02:29 PM
f starbucks!

+1

SpursStalker
07-20-2009, 02:49 PM
f starbucks!

+1

JudynTX
07-20-2009, 02:50 PM
+1

I think I make better coffee than Starshit. :wakeup

SpursStalker
07-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I think I make better coffee than Starshit. :wakeup

I know it smells good ...

:lol

Sportcamper
07-20-2009, 03:01 PM
Starbucks is reportedly adding alcohol to the menu at some of its stores.
When asked why, a spokesperson for Starbucks said, "Because sober people don't pay eight bucks for a cup of coffee in today’s economy."

CubanMustGo
07-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Starbucks is reportedly adding alcohol to the menu at some of its stores.
When asked why, a spokesperson for Starbucks said, "Because sober people don't pay eight bucks for a cup of coffee in today’s economy."

They probably don't want to be the next Krispy Kreme - a similar business model based on irrational obsession that eventually fell flat.

I never figured out the obsession a lot of ppl have for $tarbuck$. The coffee always tastes burnt and I'm not going to order one of those freakin' $5 specialty drinks. I do all my business with a mom-n-pop place just down the road that actually makes coffee that tastes good.

Dr. Gonzo
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
The coffee always tastes burnt and I'm not going to order one of those freakin' $5 specialty drinks.

I agree, there coffee isn't good at all. I just make my own at home or grab a cup from a Valero or McDonalds if I'm out.

JudynTX
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
They probably don't want to be the next Krispy Kreme - a similar business model based on irrational obsession that eventually fell flat.

I never figured out the obsession a lot of ppl have for $tarbuck$. The coffee always tastes burnt and I'm not going to order one of those freakin' $5 specialty drinks. I do all my business with a mom-n-pop place just down the road that actually makes coffee that tastes good.

Krispy Kreme is going out of business? Where have I been?

CubanMustGo
07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Krispy Kreme is going out of business? Where have I been?

Not going out of business but their bubble popped a long time ago due to unrealistic financial planning and expectations. They've closed a lot of stores and their stock is trading for about 6% of its all-time high.

InRareForm
07-20-2009, 07:57 PM
lol at people calling starbucks coffee always being burnt. It is not burnt, it is just you are used to your watered down pussy coffees at am/pm or your folgers at your house. :lol

starbucks is a good company, don't understand the hate for them, they pay their employees good and help international causes tremendously.

Das Texan
07-20-2009, 09:14 PM
what drinks are 5 bucks at starbucks too?

Melmart1
07-20-2009, 09:32 PM
starbucks is a good company, don't understand the hate for them, they pay their employees good and help international causes tremendously.

The wife of my friend worked there and got health insurance as a part-timer, which I thought was outstanding. They really do give good benefits and treat people well, that is worth a little extra.

ploto
07-20-2009, 09:51 PM
I do not drink coffee but I like their hot chocolate.

I used to enjoy their pastries much more but in the last couple of years they mostly have low-fat and sugar-free stuff. Bring back my lemon layer cake with the white chocolate frosting that I could get at the Starbucks at the Quarry after a Spurs game.

CuckingFunt
07-20-2009, 09:57 PM
The wife of my friend worked there and got health insurance as a part-timer, which I thought was outstanding. They really do give good benefits and treat people well, that is worth a little extra.

Really good benefits, including domestic partner coverage, for anyone working at least 20 hours/week. Coupled with their community building and sustainability projects in both the neighborhoods in which they have stores and the areas in which the get their coffee, I feel more than justified in spending money there. The only thing I don't like is their use of prison labor, but they're still a pretty damned impressive corporation.

Also, while I frequent smaller, local coffee places as well, where are you all going that has cheaper specialty drinks than Starbucks? They have the cheapest mocha ($3.90 for a venti where I live) that I've found anywhere in at least ten years. Off the top of my head, the cheapest I've found at any of the local places in my area is $4.50 for a comparable size.