PDA

View Full Version : Cotto, Pacquiao to meet Nov. 14

JoshO501
07-20-2009, 02:33 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=4341913
By Dan Rafael
ESPN.com

A deal has been completed for boxing's biggest fight of the fall: A showdown between pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and welterweight titleholder Miguel Cotto.

Pacquiao and Cotto, two of boxing's most popular and crowd-pleasing fighters, will meet at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Nov. 14 (HBO PPV), Top Rank promoter Bob Arum told ESPN.com on Monday.

"It's done," said Arum, who was back at work in his Las Vegas office after a vacation in London and Italy and attending a wedding in Israel. "While I was away I reached a verbal agreement with each side. Pacquiao committed to the fight this weekend and Cotto the week before while I was in Israel. I was on the phone all the time trying to get this done."

Arum said his attorney, Michael Heitner, was preparing the documents for signatures.

"But everything is agreed or I wouldn't say what I am saying," Arum said. "The weight, the percentages, the guarantees -- it's all agreed to."

Although the percentage split was not disclosed, Pacquiao (49-3-2, 37 KOs) will receive more than 50 percent of the money. That was never a serious sticking point, however. The key holdup had been the contract weight.

Cotto (34-1, 27 KOs), a titleholder at 147 pounds, had agreed to drop below the welterweight limit for the fight. Pacquiao, the 140-pound junior welterweight champion, wanted him to come all the way down to 143 pounds. Cotto refused. Ultimately, they agreed on a 145-pound maximum weight.

Pacquiao, 30, the national hero of the Philippines, scored a sensational knockout of Ricky Hatton to win the junior welterweight title on May 2 at the MGM Grand. The victory gave Pacquiao a world championship in a record-tying sixth weight division.

Cotto, 28, of Puerto Rico, is coming off a bloody split decision victory in a title defense against Joshua Clottey on June 13 at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Given their penchant for all-action brawls, Arum said he had high expectations that Cotto and Pacquiao would produce another memorable fight.

"I'm really excited because it's a real fight. These are two real warriors," Arum said. "Whichever way this fight goes, I think it's going to be a classic because of the way these guys fight. There where will be a lot of engagement. They're great fighters. Cotto and Pacquiao are gutty guys. If you want blood and action and excitement, this is the fight."

Arum said tickets would go on sale in late August followed by a three-city press tour.

"I want to get it done the week after Labor Day so I don't interfere with the Floyd Mayweather-Juan Manuel Marquez fight," he said. "I don't want [Golden Boy Promotions] saying I jumped them."

Arum said the tentative tour schedule would be Sept. 9 in Los Angeles, Sept. 10 in New York and Sept. 12 in San Juan.

"Pacquiao and Cotto are both very pumped up for the fight," he said

mexicanjunior
07-20-2009, 04:48 PM
This will be an excellent fight...Manny in 10.

SAtoDallas
07-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I just don't hope Cotto kills himself to make weight. I think it should have been at 147, but with him having to drop the extra couple of pounds it should favor Pac Man. It'll be interesting though.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 05:13 PM
The catch weight is fine for both fighters. I don't see it as a huge struggle for Cotto but they'll sure as shit make a story out of it. Cotto will hang in there way longer than Hatton but I don't see any way that Cotto can beat Pac.

SAtoDallas
07-20-2009, 05:17 PM
The catch weight is fine for both fighters. I don't see it as a huge struggle for Cotto but they'll sure as shit make a story out of it. Cotto will hang in there way longer than Hatton but I don't see any way that Cotto can beat Pac.

Cotto obviously is willing to drop the weight, I just wonder why Pac wasn't willing to go up thus.

Yogurt210
07-20-2009, 05:53 PM
great fight..glad this is good to go.

I see Cotto Winning it, even with the brutal ass whopping by Margarito.
Cotto is a solid hitter and is stronger than Manny. Manny is faster and is willing to exchange, thus he will get caught = lights out.

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Cotto obviously is willing to drop the weight, I just wonder why Pac wasn't willing to go up thus.

If the catch weight is 145, then Manny is going up.

TheMACHINE
07-22-2009, 01:56 AM

Cotto is a solid hitter and is stronger than Manny. Manny is faster and is willing to exchange, thus he will get caught = lights out.

When was the last time Manny got caught? Are you going to bring up his loss in 1999 against Medgoen Singsurat? :king

hater
07-22-2009, 10:23 AM
Cotto is done. Easy fight for pacman.

R prettyboy and Marquez gonna happen in Sept 19?? now that is one I wanna watch.

hater
07-22-2009, 10:24 AM

this is exactly what ppl said before the Pacman-DeLahoya

Yogurt210
07-22-2009, 10:17 PM
this is exactly what ppl said before the Pacman-DeLahoya

hmm. pacman did well against him, but de la hoya is well past his prime...wayyyy past it.

so dont get too caught up on that win.

Yogurt210
07-22-2009, 10:18 PM
When was the last time Manny got caught? Are you going to bring up his loss in 1999 against Medgoen Singsurat? :king

plenty of times he got caught and rocked...just no one finished him off.

bugoy
07-23-2009, 12:37 AM
everyone always has pac losing, lets hope he keeps proving people wrong, the pac era is almost over, i say 3 more fights

hater
07-23-2009, 08:48 AM
hmm. pacman did well against him, but de la hoya is well past his prime...wayyyy past it.

so dont get too caught up on that win.

don't get caught up?

so what's there to get caught up with? Pacman destroys anyone in front of him. While Cotto got his ass raped by Margarito and then beaten by Clottey but given the win cause of Puerto Rican Day. :rolleyes

rjv
07-23-2009, 09:14 AM
manny's only weakness is that you can go to the body on him and has been hurt with body shots before but he should be able to get cotto, even though cotto has great hand speed as well. i would take pacman at this point.

xellos88330
07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
I am rooting for the Pacman. He is one hell of a little fighter.

T_MONEY_TX
07-23-2009, 01:35 PM
www.theboxingtruth.com live show sunday evening fellas tune on and call in let your voices be heard around the world! plus we might have San Antonio's own Raul Martinez a live guest on the show.

Sense
07-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Cotto will win it....

A_Duke
07-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Money is on Cotto.

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 08:46 AM
PBF has to fight Pacman if he wins. For that simple reason, I am pulling for Pacquiao. I don't like either fighter, though.

TheMACHINE
07-24-2009, 06:01 PM
plenty of times he got caught and rocked...just no one finished him off.

oh yah when? Morales fight 1?

Yogurt210
07-24-2009, 06:09 PM
don't get caught up?

so what's there to get caught up with? Pacman destroys anyone in front of him. While Cotto got his ass raped by Margarito and then beaten by Clottey but given the win cause of Puerto Rican Day. :rolleyes

hmm, ok buddy.
Cotto is an A+ fighter, Manny is too.
Manny has fought alot of B fighters lately.

Cotto has destroyed ppl also.

despite a controversial loss to margarito, a loss is a loss. just like manny has his losses. (two third round knockouts :) )

Clottey is a defensive fighter, just like winky wright, ppl dont like to fight those kinda guys because its like fighting a brick wall. Cotto took it anyways and pulled it out. a win is a win, it was not like clottey got robbed. Clottey may have beat him if he stepped it up and became more offensive, But you kow what? That's how clottey fights, pure defense and waits for you to fuck up.

When Cotto fought MArgarito, I knew margarito would win it due to his style. And which he did.

Just like this fight, I know Cotto will punish MAnny due to thier styles.
Manny is pure offense who loves to exchange. His style falls right into Cotto's lap. It's going to be a great fight, I take NOTHING away from Manny, and anything can happen, but this fight def. favors Cotto.

Cotto has never had a problem with speed, and you will see Manny on the canvas come fight night.

Yogurt210
07-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Morales,MArquez the most recent ones...

IronMexican
07-24-2009, 06:33 PM

Is you're sig real?

TheMACHINE
07-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Morales,MArquez the most recent ones...

oh yah marquez...the dude that hit the canvas 4 times right?

TheMACHINE
07-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Is you're sig real?

of course

Upstate
07-25-2009, 02:43 AM
There should be a boxing section of this forum

Yogurt210
07-25-2009, 01:33 PM
oh yah marquez...the dude that hit the canvas 4 times right?

see there you go.

Slydragon
07-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Pacquiao FTW

hater
07-27-2009, 09:39 AM
hmm, ok buddy.
Cotto is an A+ fighter, Manny is too.
Manny has fought alot of B fighters lately.

:lmao

here are Pacman's last 5 fights:
Win Ricky Hatton
Win Oscar De La Hoya
Win David Díaz
Win Juan Manuel Márquez
Win Marco Antonio Barrera

Cotto's:
Gift Joshua Clottey
Win Michael Jennings
Loss Antonio Margarito 147 36-5-0
Win Alfonso Gomez 147 18-3-2
Win Shane Mosley

now who are the B fighters??? :lol

you're so delusional, it's pathetic

Kobulingam
07-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Clottey is C level.

TheMACHINE
07-27-2009, 05:39 PM

Win Ricky Hatton (OWANGE)
Win Oscar De La Hoya (OWANGE)
Win David Díaz (OWANGE)
Win Juan Manuel Márquez
Win Marco Antonio Barrera (OWANGE)

Cotto's:
Gift Joshua Clottey :rolleyes
Win Michael Jennings
Loss Antonio Margarito 147 36-5-0 :downspin:
Win Shane Mosley

Yogurt210
07-27-2009, 06:49 PM

Win Ricky Hatton
Win Oscar De La Hoya
Win David Díaz
Win Juan Manuel Márquez

Cotto's:
Gift Joshua Clottey
Win Michael Jennings
Win Shane Mosley

MArgarito was the most ducked
Clottey was also ducked cuz of his style.
Mosley is still way better than oscar.

so yeah, think again.

Whether you like it or not Cotto will be Manny's hardest fight, ever.
He is the most competition Manny has ever been against.
And when you decide to take your lips off manny, you will see my point.

Pac-man will hit the canvas, Cotto may too.
But Cotto will win the fight.

RedsLakers24
07-27-2009, 10:12 PM

Win Ricky Hatton
Win Oscar De La Hoya
Win David Díaz
Win Juan Manuel Márquez

Cotto's:
Gift Joshua Clottey
Win Michael Jennings
Win Shane Mosley

Yeah but the Boxers Manny fought were already past their Prime

hater
07-28-2009, 09:14 AM

WRONG! They were all in their prime and had not lost so decisively until they faced Pacman. Pacman pretty much put all the current Mexican greats + RIcky in retirement.

TheMACHINE
07-28-2009, 02:35 PM

They are past thier prime because Manny fucked them up. Marquez is suppose to be at his prime and couldnt take down Manny. De la Hoya was a favorite when they fought. Noone mentioned Ricky Hatton retiring untill he got WTF owned. Barrera fought Manny the first time when he was at his prime and slaugtered him. I dont see how you can say they were past thier prime...maybe DLH, but why was he the favorite? Morrales was still in his prime when they fought too.

I bet when Cotto gets fucked up, people will say that Cotto was past his prime too. :rolleyes

RedsLakers24
07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
They are past thier prime because Manny fucked them up. Marquez is suppose to be at his prime and couldnt take down Manny. De la Hoya was a favorite when they fought. Noone mentioned Ricky Hatton retiring untill he got WTF owned. Barrera fought Manny the first time when he was at his prime and slaugtered him. I dont see how you can say they were past thier prime...maybe DLH, but why was he the favorite? Morrales was still in his prime when they fought too.

I bet when Cotto gets fucked up, people will say that Cotto was past his prime too. :rolleyes

No Look at the Previous Fights, before Barrera fought Manny he couldnt even beat Rocky Juarez who is a nobody, If barrera fought Manny when Barrera was 28 years old it would have been different, And Manny didnt Fucked Morales and Barrera, both fighters Fucked each other up from fighting each other, did u see the Morales vs Barreras fights, they were good, they were already Tired from those fights

TheMACHINE
07-28-2009, 06:21 PM
No Look at the Previous Fights, before Barrera fought Manny he couldnt even beat Rocky Juarez who is a nobody, If barrera fought Manny when Barrera was 28 years old it would have been different, And Manny didnt Fucked Morales and Barrera, both fighters Fucked each other up from fighting each other, did u see the Morales vs Barreras fights, they were good, they were already Tired from those fights

Manny whooped Barrera's ass when Barrera was 29 years old in 2003. Manny fought Barrera before Barrera even fought Rocky Juarez which Barrera won both fights.

You dont got your facts right at all.

RedsLakers24
07-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Manny whooped Barrera's ass when Barrera was 29 years old in 2003. Manny fought Barrera before Barrera even fought Rocky Juarez which Barrera won both fights.

You dont got your facts right at all.

Barrera didnt beat Rocky Juarez it was both Draws, check your facts

TheMACHINE
07-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Barrera didnt beat Rocky Juarez it was both Draws, check your facts

"In May 20, 2006, Barrera defended his title against American boxer Rocky Juárez with what was announced immediately after the fight as a twelve-round draw, which the judges scored 115-113, 113-115, and 114-114. However, tabulation errors were found in the judges' scorecards, leading to a final score of 115-114, 114-115, and 115-114, a split decision in favor of Barerra. He fought Juárez in a rematch bout in September 16, this time Barrera won by a unanimous decision with scores of (117-111, 115-113, 115-113)."

#1 - you think Manny only fought Barrera after Rocky Juarez - WRONG
#2 - you think Barrera lost to Rocky - WRONG
#3 - Manny fought Barrera when he was 29..although you claim the fight would be different if it Barrera was 28. Watch the fight over again, it was a humilating beatdown.
#4 - Get your facts straight ;)
#5 - Lakers rule

TwepLhysB-0

Yogurt210
07-29-2009, 09:53 PM
"In May 20, 2006, Barrera defended his title against American boxer Rocky Juárez with what was announced immediately after the fight as a twelve-round draw, which the judges scored 115-113, 113-115, and 114-114. However, tabulation errors were found in the judges' scorecards, leading to a final score of 115-114, 114-115, and 115-114, a split decision in favor of Barerra. He fought Juárez in a rematch bout in September 16, this time Barrera won by a unanimous decision with scores of (117-111, 115-113, 115-113)."

#1 - you think Manny only fought Barrera after Rocky Juarez - WRONG
#2 - you think Barrera lost to Rocky - WRONG
#3 - Manny fought Barrera when he was 29..although you claim the fight would be different if it Barrera was 28. Watch the fight over again, it was a humilating beatdown.
#4 - Get your facts straight ;)
#5 - Lakers rule

TwepLhysB-0

blah blah blah.
Hatton was already over, lmao when Pretty Boy F'ed him up.
He barely got by Paulie.

Marquez is a great fighter, but Manny is better.

DLH is just gone way past his prime ....wayyyyyyy passed it.
DLH tried picking on a smaller fighter and it didnt turn out good. I never favored DLH that fight, just the general populace who doesnt know shit lol.

Cotto has fought the most ducked fighters and the most primetime ones he was offered.

Im glad Pac-man has a huge following, a following that JUST know Pac-Man, and not Boxing. For all the ones that are on his nuts, you will be disappointed.

I like both fighters, but like I always say, styles make fights..and this is Cotto's fight baby.

Go Spurs Go, btw.

Sdayi135
08-01-2009, 04:29 AM

Win Ricky Hatton
Win Oscar De La Hoya
Win David Díaz
Win Juan Manuel Márquez

Cotto's:
Gift Joshua Clottey
Win Michael Jennings
Win Shane Mosley

Alfonso Gomez and David Diaz are D- level fighters

mexicanjunior
08-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Alfonso Gomez and David Diaz are D- level fighters

At least Diaz had a title after beating Morales...All Gomez had ever done was lose in the Contender and beat a halfway crippled Arturo Gatti.

BacktoBasics
08-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Exactly how is Cotto going to catch Manny enough to beat him? Speed wise Cotto is probably in the middle, to the lower, of the pack as far as what Manny has previously faced.

Cotto's pretty solid defensively and has ok power but I don't think Cotto has enough power to take Manny down and out on one lucky shot and there won't be enough big shots to add up to a knock out. With that said Cotto would likely have to win on points....and I don't see that working out either.

TheMACHINE
08-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Exactly how is Cotto going to catch Manny enough to beat him? Speed wise Cotto is probably in the middle, to the lower, of the pack as far as what Manny has previously faced.

Cotto's pretty solid defensively and has ok power but I don't think Cotto has enough power to take Manny down and out on one lucky shot and there won't be enough big shots to add up to a knock out. With that said Cotto would likely have to win on points....and I don't see that working out either.

yup...for each time Cotto hits Manny, Manny would probably have tagged him 10 times.

TheMACHINE
08-03-2009, 04:44 PM
At least Diaz had a title after beating Morales...All Gomez had ever done was lose in the Contender and beat a halfway crippled Arturo Gatti.

"Fucker was too fast" :lmao
Cs5bUcrZhBk

Yogurt210
08-03-2009, 05:03 PM

You people are taking this speed thing way too serious. You act like he is the flash or something lmao.

Cotto can beat every single one of Manny's opponents,
BUT Manny cannot beat every single one of Cotto's opponents.

And trust me cotto does have power.
When the last time Clottey got floored?
After every fight his opponents are beat physically, some even had broken ribs lol.

Ill even do a sig bet on this fight.
If Cotto whoops that ass.
You have to put in your sig... I am yogurt's bitch.

and if Cotto loses vice-versa.

you people are just too hyped about Manny's last wins against washed-up people...despite Marquez and I give Manny credit for that.

:flag:

Hooks
08-03-2009, 06:25 PM
You people are taking this speed thing way too serious. You act like he is the flash or something lmao.

And trust me cotto does have power.
When the last time Clottey got floored?
After every fight his opponents are beat physically, some even had broken ribs lol.

Ill even do a sig bet on this fight.
If Cotto whoops that ass.
You have to put in your sig... I am yogurt's bitch.

and if Cotto loses vice-versa.

you people are just too hyped about Manny's last wins against washed-up people...despite Marquez and I give Manny credit for that.

Cotto has power but not THAT much power, he would've KO'd Margarito or at least hurt him if he had a lot of power. He's got average power but he is a good body puncher.

Clottey got caught like an idiot, he got floored but it wasn't like he was hurt so don't try to bring that in the debate.

Pacman is P4P the best fighter in my book, nobody is better than him P4P he's an absolute beast. Cotto is in for a very tough fight, Marquez is a master boxer and he can barely even beat Pacman as was Barrera both in their primes.

Pacquiao's last opponents weren't even competition for him, he didn't even break a sweat destroying them. Most of Cotto's fights are close, and he gets cut A LOT especially that cut in his mouth. I think Pac can stop him by TKO on cuts.

Yogurt210
08-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Cotto has power but not THAT much power, he would've KO'd Margarito or at least hurt him if he had a lot of power. He's got average power but he is a good body puncher.

Clottey got caught like an idiot, he got floored but it wasn't like he was hurt so don't try to bring that in the debate.

Pacman is P4P the best fighter in my book, nobody is better than him P4P he's an absolute beast. Cotto is in for a very tough fight, Marquez is a master boxer and he can barely even beat Pacman as was Barrera both in their primes.

Pacquiao's last opponents weren't even competition for him, he didn't even break a sweat destroying them. Most of Cotto's fights are close, and he gets cut A LOT especially that cut in his mouth. I think Pac can stop him by TKO on cuts.

exactly.... when is that last time someone went to the body on Manny?
esp. from someone like cotto

bugoy
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
"Fucker was too fast" :lmao
Cs5bUcrZhBk

best post fight interview ever

Sdayi135
08-04-2009, 03:12 AM

A paper championship neither he nor Morales had business fighting for.

cheguevara
08-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Cotto??? the dude that got rocked by B-level Clottey????

LDaDLk5Lyvc

that was the biggest BS of a fight i seen. Puerto Rican day, judges did not let Cotto lose.

IMO, Cotto has no business being in the same ring as Pacman. Pacman is a legend on his prime, Cotto is already a never been.

mexicanjunior
08-04-2009, 09:50 AM
A paper championship neither he nor Morales had business fighting for.

That's still more of a resume than anything Gomez did. I'm not saying Diaz is a great fighter but he definitely had more skins on the wall.

mexicanjunior
08-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Clottey is not a bad fighter, he destroyed Zab Judha, would have beat Margerito had he not broken his hand in the middle of the fight and I think showed he could compete with one of the best in the division against Cotto. The knockdown was an off balance flash moment, he was never really hurt in the fight but rocked Cotto several times. It was Clottey's own laziness and reluctance to get into exchanges that cost him though. Too much defensive posture and not enough throwing punches did him in...

TheMACHINE
08-04-2009, 11:08 AM

Omg...ur fucking serious? Speed is the reason why Manny is DESTROYING his opponents.

hahah...Since when was Cotto ever Pound4Pound champ? You do know what Pound4Pound means right? It means..if homie can make your weight class, you're fucked. I'd love to see Cotto drain himself down to 135 and beat Pacmans past opponents.

Yogurt210
08-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Omg...ur fucking serious? Speed is the reason why Manny is DESTROYING his opponents.

hahah...Since when was Cotto ever Pound4Pound champ? You do know what Pound4Pound means right? It means..if homie can make your weight class, you're fucked. I'd love to see Cotto drain himself down to 135 and beat Pacmans past opponents.

Cotto is a welterweight, fighting welterweights.

guess what...this fight is happening at 145, so it's welterweight.
so that puts manny on the class of the other welterweights.

thats why i said Manny cannot dominate in the welterweight division.
and beat the same people cotto has in the weltwerweight division, lol

guess what...Zab judah had speed...so did mosley.
Cotto has speed too. you will see.

Cotto is damn near close to being p4p, only thing that set him back was that cheater Margarito.

but beating Manny, he will keep his belt and Take Manny's status of P4P.

Yogurt210
08-04-2009, 11:44 AM

LDaDLk5Lyvc

that was the biggest BS of a fight i seen. Puerto Rican day, judges did not let Cotto lose.

IMO, Cotto has no business being in the same ring as Pacman. Pacman is a legend on his prime, Cotto is already a never been.

There are some ignorant people on here, lol.
Pacman is good ,yes.

But not giving Cotto any recognition for what he has done? lmao!

Alot of people will be shocked come nov.14......alot of people.

hater
08-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Cotto can't hold Manny's jockstrap.

especially after the gift on Puerto Rican day and Margarito's asswhipping

Manu-of-steel
08-05-2009, 03:05 AM
my money is on pacman. he will absolutely destroy cotto, and cotto will soon be labeled as a washed up fighter. That's what happened to every fighter that pacman has beaten. i agree with "the machine", a laker fan on his takes.

Yogurt210
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
my money is on pacman. he will absolutely destroy cotto, and cotto will soon be labeled as a washed up fighter. That's what happened to every fighter that pacman has beaten. i agree with "the machine", a laker fan on his takes.

LMAO...keep em coming people.
place your bets, please.
I should to.
Looks like Cotto is the underdog, lol.

I am going to make some money.

TheMACHINE
08-05-2009, 11:59 AM
LMAO...keep em coming people.
place your bets, please.
I should to.
Looks like Cotto is the underdog, lol.

I am going to make some money.

its going to be sad when you call Cotto a "washed up fighter that wasnt in his prime" as an excuse when he gets fucked up.

I. Hustle
08-05-2009, 12:05 PM
I am a Pacman fan so I am going with him. Don't get it twisted though because Cotto isn't a pushover. Of course I said the same about my boy Hatton and we all know what happened to him

JoshO501
08-05-2009, 12:14 PM
I want Pacman to win so we can see a Pac Vs Mayweather fight. About the Clottey fight, Cotto was clearly bothered by the cut. Clottey in my opinion didnt take advantage of cotto being bothered and therefore lost the fight. Simple as that. Cotto is a good boxer has some very good technical skills unlike hatton. Pac will have a tough time with him. I believe this fight will end in a KO but i don't know by who.

Yogurt210
08-05-2009, 04:24 PM
its going to be sad when you call Cotto a "washed up fighter that wasnt in his prime" as an excuse when he gets fucked up.

nope, lmao..
unlike Manny's last 2 opponents, I called them that before the fight and I knew Manny was going to beat them. esp when Oscar came in weighing less than Manny!

I like both fighters. but Cotto will win, if he doesnt, then o well.
He got beat by a great fighter.

But mostly everyone is all over Manny's nuts not even giving Cotto some cred. and that's funny.

But I hope it stays that way, so i can make some money.

Cotto is def. in his prime and so is Manny..thats why I cannot wait for this fight it will be great.

afterwards, I dont wanna hear any excuses from you.
like weight issues. lol!!!!!

Manny watch for the left hook, its coming.

Dinamita
08-06-2009, 12:53 AM

Win Ricky Hatton
Win Oscar De La Hoya
Win David Díaz
Win Juan Manuel Márquez

Cotto's:
Gift Joshua Clottey
Win Michael Jennings
Win Shane Mosley

WRONG! They were all in their prime and had not lost so decisively until they faced Pacman. Pacman pretty much put all the current Mexican greats + RIcky in retirement.
David Diaz is a D- Fighter He shouldn't have been in the ring with pac
DLH was way past his prime.IDK how anyone can say he was in his prime.. Manny actually went into the fight weighing more than oscar.
Ricky hatton had a decisive KO Loss to gayweather before he faced pac & he has a glass chin.

A_Duke
08-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Im rooting for Cotto but Im just happy that this fight is happening win or lose. The winner of this fight and the PBF vs Marquez will give us an ultimate megafight in spring - summer 10..

just look at the storylines..
PBF vs Cotto - the top fighters in the WW division for the past 3 or so years finally get to go at it after ducking multiple times for higher paying bouts.
PBF vs Pacman - pound for pound kings
Pacman vs Marquez III - The revenge!!
Cotto vs Marquez - The Rican vs The Mexican!

Lol these are going to be good times for boxing fans..

Sdayi135
08-07-2009, 01:04 AM
The Marquez camp would be absolutely crazy to go after Cotto if that scenario were to fall in place.

But that will be irrelevant because I don't expect Marquexz to win no more than 3 rounds vs. Mayweather.

hater
08-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Marquez + Cotto will both lose. They are not even close to their rivals in quality.

A_Duke
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
The Marquez camp would be absolutely crazy to go after Cotto if that scenario were to fall in place.

But that will be irrelevant because I don't expect Marquexz to win no more than 3 rounds vs. Mayweather.

I thought that too but they did go after mayweather

Yogurt210
08-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Marquez + Cotto will both lose. They are not even close to their rivals in quality.

i swear, you're blind.

TheMACHINE
08-09-2009, 12:47 PM
the only reason Marquez will have a chance is cuz PBF hasnt fought in a while. Cotto will just get OWNED by pacman.

Yogurt210
08-09-2009, 06:38 PM
the only reason Marquez will have a chance is cuz PBF hasnt fought in a while. Cotto will just get OWNED by pacman.

Marquez gave Pacman a hard time...I wonder how Cotto will do?

Dinamita
08-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Marquez gave Pacman a hard time...I wonder how Cotto will do?
Cotto isn't as skilled as Marquez.

josethpauline
08-09-2009, 10:17 PM
manny will win this fight! he has always come up with new styles and strategies!

Yogurt210
08-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Cotto isn't as skilled as Marquez.
wow , lmao!
I guess yall dont like Puerto Ricans or something, haha.

Look at Cotto's record and tell me he isnt skilled.

TheMACHINE
08-10-2009, 01:00 PM

I looked at Hattons record aswell and we saw what happened there.

Yogurt210
08-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I looked at Hattons record aswell and we saw what happened there.

you cannot compare two Completly different boxers, that's just ignorant. He was in no way shape or form like Cotto.
that's like me comparing Medgoen Singsurat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medgoen_Singsurat) (Manny's second KO Loss)
to Cotto. lmao

and cotto makes him look like a joke...

But hey guess what...Manny's two KO's were from body shots..

and what's Cotto known for?...

you do the math kid.

TheMACHINE
08-10-2009, 03:31 PM
you cannot compare two Completly different boxers, that's just ignorant. He was in no way shape or form like Cotto.
that's like me comparing Medgoen Singsurat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medgoen_Singsurat) (Manny's second KO Loss)
to Cotto. lmao

and cotto makes him look like a joke...

But hey guess what...Manny's two KO's were from body shots..

and what's Cotto known for?...

you do the math kid.

yah ill do that math son...when did those KO's happen? please tell us. Come on...we are dying to know what weight and what year those 2 happened.

Wait...we cant compare to boxers cuz its ignorant...yet now you are comparing the two boxers who KO manny to cotto? LOL

Yogurt210
08-10-2009, 05:47 PM
yah ill do that math son...when did those KO's happen? please tell us. Come on...we are dying to know what weight and what year those 2 happened.

Wait...we cant compare to boxers cuz its ignorant...yet now you are comparing the two boxers who KO manny to cotto? LOL

I was being sarcastic, buddy. Unlike your ignorance.
On manny's pro. record he got KO'd twice, whether you like it or not.

his last KO was in 99, and his last loss was in 05 to Morales.
You simply cannot erase his losses. He lost before, and he will lose again.
He's not perfect

Dinamita
08-10-2009, 06:46 PM
wow , lmao!
I guess yall dont like Puerto Ricans or something, haha.

Uhh? I Never said Cotto wasn't skilled.. You are trying to compare him to the number 2 p4p boxer in the world.
Cotto is not as skilled a boxer as Marquez.
That is fact.

And yeah you're right, Marquez is the only fighter that gave Pacquiao a hard time. What makes you think Cotto can do the same?

Hmm..
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282851

Sdayi135
08-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Cotto's beaten world class opposition. Hatton hasn't (aside from a declining Kostya Tszyu).

Yogurt210
08-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Pacman is just one weight class too high.

Pacman has not fought anyone like Cotto before. So therefore comparisons are out the window.

You dont have to be like JMM to beat Pacman.

Cotto just has to be Cotto, plain and simple.

Dinamita
11-28-2009, 07:08 PM

Pacman has not fought anyone like Cotto before. So therefore comparisons are out the window.

Bump!!
kinda of late but still funny. :rollin

Dinamita
03-19-2010, 11:18 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ashy Larry
03-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Cotto may be damaged goods right now especially after finding out that Margarito may have loaded his gloves. Hopefully he puts out a good showing against the Boxing Rabbi at Yankee Stadium

Dinamita
03-29-2010, 05:40 PM

ROFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
ROTFLLLLLLLLLLLLCROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDJFL KDJFLSDJOLOLOLOLOLLLLLL
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:rollin:rollin:rolli n:lmao:lmao:lmao:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao