PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Robinson + Brent Barry = 33 points first half by the Clippers?

whottt
04-06-2005, 08:42 PM
with no Tim Duncan?

That would be the best defensive first half by the Spurs this season...against one of the best shooting teams in the NBA...

Pop is a defensive genius...

ChumpDumper
04-06-2005, 08:48 PM
Never thought Rasho and Massenburg could shut down Brand for a half.

whottt
04-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Stop hating on Barry...he keyed that defensive stand...

TDfan2007
04-06-2005, 08:58 PM
Greg Popovich is one of the top 5 coaches in the NBA, period.

thispego
04-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Greg Popovich is one of the top 5 coaches in the NBA, period.
Pop is THE best coach in the NBA. Period. his strategy goes overlooked and his players' accomplishments overshadow him

Cant_Be_Faded
04-06-2005, 10:10 PM
Pop is THE best coach in the NBA. Period. his strategy goes overlooked and his players' accomplishments overshadow him

hyeah

Tek_XX
04-06-2005, 10:54 PM
Pop is good, i don't think he's the best, but Tim Duncan good make anyone look good.

Tek_XX
04-06-2005, 10:54 PM
haha i'm special

ChumpDumper
04-07-2005, 10:32 AM
Stop hating on Barry...he keyed that defensive stand... :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

exstatic
04-07-2005, 10:34 AM
The Clips had a ton of turnovers, at least half of which were unforced. As Sean and Bill Lnad pointed out, they looked like they got off a plane at 2:30 AM.

wildbill2u
04-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Bill (Houston Texas): Does Glenn Robinson help the Spurs? What's the skinny around the league about him?

Tom Tolbert: (11:42 AM ET ) I've never been a huge Glenn fan. He's a me-first type guy. It surprised me when he signed. He's all about offense, he can flat-out score. But he's doesn't offer much defense. Pop does a great job at getting people into his system, but this one was a little surprising. A guy that really doesn't play defense is going to the team that's known for its defense. ?? We'll see how that one works out.

boutons
04-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Glen knows his playing years are numbered,
Glen knows his intro via Don Newman is a huge break, "good relations pay off"
Glen knows he owes Don his best effort and behavior to return the favor,
Glen knows how bad it is to waste your years, his prime years, in a bad franchise.
Glen knows he's got a chance to play for true, favored NBA championship contender for the first time in his career.

It would take a real jerkoff to screw such a golden, uh, silver, opportunity, and his WOAI interview did make him out to be a jerkoff.

We'll see soon enough in this 8-day strech whether his game vs Clips was beginner's luck, or whether he can show us more, unlike Nazr.