PDA

View Full Version : Omission is not lying.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Its not lying. Its not dishonest. Its omission...simple as that. All of sudden the assholes in the front office have some kind guilty conscious over leaving certain info out of the equation.

I'm tired of going round and round with our finance office. I had some customers that would have been a lock at Bank of the West but you can't lock in people who full time in their trailers. Don't ask don't tell okay. These types of disqualifying questions should never be asked. I don't know what it is about this shithole but our finance office refuses to obligate themselves to us over the banks. They're fucking morons...it takes money out of their pockets too.

Anyway words were exchanged and now there might be hurt feelings. You can't work at a dealership in the finance office and get hurt feelings. I would have fired them on the spot. Integrity and honesty (honesty to a fault) have no place in high end retail.

Extra Stout
07-20-2009, 03:01 PM
You need a blog.

misanthrope.typepad.com or something

CosmicCowboy
07-20-2009, 03:04 PM
damn B2B you are a life coach. Tell your customers to lie if they want the trailer.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
damn B2B you are a life coach. Tell your customers to lie if they want the trailer.I usually prep them for that one but they caught at a real busy time this morning and I faxed them over the app before telling them to call me first before forwarding it to the finance office.

Ultimately its my mistake but c'mon these fucking assholes should be doing everything they can to get deal written.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:06 PM
You need a blog.

misanthrope.typepad.com or somethingSeems like that would be less entertaining.

FortuneCookie
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
A half truth is a whole lie.

Lucky Numbers: 12, 17, 24, 33, 44, 52 49

Sportcamper
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I don’t get it…You can’t buy a trailer if you already live in a trailer?

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
I don’t get it…You can’t buy a trailer if you already live in a trailer?You cannot purchase a trailer to live in. At least thats what 90% of the banks say. They're not financing full timers. Only weekenders and recreational users.

samikeyp
07-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Depends on the omission and integrity and honesty are never bad things.

Dr. Gonzo
07-20-2009, 03:14 PM
You cannot purchase a trailer to live in. At least thats what 90% of the banks say. They're not financing full timers. Only weekenders and recreational users.

That seems a little stupid. If a person lives in a trailer they would be more likely to make all the payments because that is their home.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:16 PM
That seems a little stupid. If a person lives in a trailer they would be more likely to make all the payments because that is their home.Welcome to how idiotic my world is. Their mentality is that recourse is too tough if they're mobile. Hard to repo something that isn't screwed down.

Its stupid nonetheless.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 03:17 PM
:tu to the blog idea.

just because you can't quit your job doesn't mean you have to endlessly complain about it here. All our jobs suck, you're not special.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:19 PM
:tu to the blog idea.

just because you can't quit your job doesn't mean you have to endlessly complain about it here. All our jobs suck, you're not special.Feel free to exercise your moderator status and lock my thread. Don't like my bitching don't click the thread.

The fact of the matter is that its not all bitching. More times than not these types of thread (mine and others) lead to some decent discussions.

If Kori or LJ want me to stop posting they'll let me know.

Dr. Gonzo
07-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Although I do not always agree with B2B, I actually think he's a douche more times than not, he does provide excellent insight into his view of the world. He is extremely entertaining and I wouldn't want him to quit posting his bitching threads.

Oh and he knows his shit when it comes to sales.

07-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Feel free to exercise your moderator status and lock my thread. Don't like my bitching don't click the thread.

The fact of the matter is that its not all bitching. More times than not these types of thread (mine and others) lead to some decent discussions.

More posting and less whining would be nice.

spursfan09
07-20-2009, 03:23 PM
I like reading your rants, and bitching, because it makes my life seem like a breeze.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:24 PM
Although I do not always agree with B2B, I actually think he's a douche more times than not, he does provide excellent insight into his view of the world. He is extremely entertaining and I wouldn't want him to quit posting his bitching threads.

Oh and he knows his shit when it comes to sales.I don't think anyones ever called me a douche in such an nice and thoughtful way.

Thanks good buddy.

samikeyp
07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
A B2B blog would be a hit.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:27 PM
A B2B blog would be a hit.I've seen peoples blogs. They get 2 or 3 responses and a little ass kissing. Sounds kind of wasteful.

Seems to me that we get much more out of a good thread here.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:28 PM
I would do a group blog if I had two or three others who posted regularly with me.

TheSuckUp
07-20-2009, 03:33 PM
I've seen peoples blogs. They get 2 or 3 responses and a little ass kissing. Sounds kind of wasteful.

Seems to me that we get much more out of a good thread here.

I see plenty of

http://www.foureyesjokeshop.com/ProductImages/stockingstuff/Ass_Kisser_Gum_Front.jpg

in this thread alone.

But your constant whining and bitching is your motto and nobody does it better than you do. Your stories are legendary and are a welcome enjoyment from our day to day activities.

clambake
07-20-2009, 03:34 PM
what happened to the guy that had a friend call to cancel the deal?

JudynTX
07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
I would do a group blog if I had two or three others who posted regularly with me.

:lol I would read your blog.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 03:50 PM
what happened to the guy that had a friend call to cancel the deal?The guy called me back and told me he was going to take it. He told me he'd be in first thing Saturday morning. Never showed up.

His buddy (the one who called for him) came in today and said he wanted it. I gave him the paperwork to take to his bank but I'd be shocked if he qualified.

Its a really nice trailer too. 27', no slide, bunk beds in the back. Clean 2008 for only 8,900. Someones gonna get a good deal on nice used trailer.

clambake
07-20-2009, 03:53 PM
only $8900?

damn, thats cheap.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Feel free to exercise your moderator status and lock my thread. Don't like my bitching don't click the thread.

Did you really just get defensive and run to hide behind Kori and timvp? For real?

Look, I think you've had a cool story here or there. Your threads usually don't fail. But you should post all this shit on a running blog instead if you really believe we care enough about it. Start one thread and update it daily. IMO, that'd be way better than these random ones. And you could complain about your dead-end job/life as much as you want, without having to start new threads about each event.

I call that working smart...

clambake
07-20-2009, 04:01 PM
b2b, whatever you do, don't take advice from zosa.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
b2b, whatever you do, don't take advice from zosa.

everything you say is a lie, except that. However, you omitted a few names. :wakeup

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Did you really just get defensive and run to hide behind Kori and timvp? For real?

Look, I think you've had a cool story here or there. Your threads usually don't fail. But you should post all this shit on a running blog instead if you really believe we care enough about it. Start one thread and update it daily. IMO, that'd be way better than these random ones. And you could complain about your dead-end job/life as much as you want, without having to start new threads about each event.

I call that working smart...I didn't run and hide behind anyone. I tell you what I'll keep my cool and thank you for your idea and leave it at that.

You think you're the first person to complain about my complaining? Its pointless. I'm not going to change the way I do things because you think there's a more efficient way to do it.

If someone wants to create a blog for me and a few others would like to turn it into a round table of discussion I'm all for it. Otherwise The Club gets my thoughts. Weekly, daily or whenever I feel like it. I could understand if my post regularly go nowhere but for the most part a large portion of my rants end up in good useful discussions. Which last time I checked was a good thing.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
only $8900?

damn, thats cheap.
No kidding. I booked it out at 11,900. I went to check to see if it was typo and/or why we had it marked down so cheap and it looks like we made the bulk of our money on the front end of the trade. Doesn't usually happen like that.

clambake
07-20-2009, 04:05 PM
historically accurate lol.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 04:09 PM
I didn't run and hide behind anyone. I tell you what I'll keep my cool and thank you for your idea and leave it at that.

Keep your cool? I don't follow you.

You think you're the first person to complain about my complaining? Its pointless. I'm not going to change the way I do things for because you think there's a more efficient way to do it.

This was with your 'fans' in mind. Few posters will search back through your threads for meaningful conversation. But everyone would be perusing through a blog thread. It could be QUATTRO like.

If someone wants to create a blog for me and a few other would like to turn it into a round table of discussion I'm all for it. Otherwise The Club gets my thoughts. Weekly, daily or whenever I feel like it. I could understand if my post regularly go nowhere but for the most part a large portion of my rants end up in good useful discussions. Which last time I checked was a good thing.

You could keep everyone better updated better with a blogthread or two, say one for your personal life and one for the shit at your job. Additionally, instead of blindly searching through your various threads for discussions, one could read through an entire blog for the various discussions based on your entries. Just seems like you and your readers would be more entertained this way: you can post more conveniently, while they can read through your various posts without searching.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 04:13 PM
You could keep everyone better updated better with a blogthread or two, say one for your personal life and one for the shit at your job. Additionally, instead of blindly searching through your various threads for discussions, one could read through an entire blog for the various discussions based on your entries. Just seems like you and your readers would be more entertained this way.Look you're going to have to come down another thousand dollars and throw in the 2 year extended warranty. This also hinges on your ability to secure financing for me at a rate under 9.9%. I'm firm on this.

z0sa
07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Look you're going to have to come down another thousand dollars and throw in the 2 year extended warranty. This also hinges on your ability to secure financing for me at a rate under 9.9%. I'm firm on this.

:lol yeah, I'm a salesman too FWIW.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
:lol yeah, I'm a salesman too FWIW.What do you sell and where?

z0sa
07-20-2009, 04:33 PM
What do you sell and where?

I sold steak/chicken/seafood/pork door to door in Corpus and McAllen. I'm pretty sure you're from Corpus, therefore you've seen our guys/girls a few times at your job and home. While I'm more on the accounting side of things now, I could swing a deal for you next time I'm down there.

btw, yes I know door to door sales sucks, but you can make some cash if you hustle.

Extra Stout
07-20-2009, 04:39 PM
If a hypothetical B2B blog got some meaningful level of traffic, it might be able to earn him a little extra income.

DoortoDoorsalesman
07-20-2009, 04:43 PM
I sold steak/chicken/seafood/pork door to door in Corpus and McAllen. I'm pretty sure you're from Corpus, therefore you've seen our guys/girls a few times at your job and home. While I'm more on the accounting side of things now, I could swing a deal for you next time I'm down there.

btw, yes I know door to door sales sucks, but you can make some cash if you hustle.

+1 Honesty goes a long way.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 05:04 PM
If a hypothetical B2B blog got some meaningful level of traffic, it might be able to earn him a little extra income.Where do I start? I don't want some shitty looking cheap ass blog page. I want it to bleed hate.

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 05:05 PM

We just had a guy come in today with some shrimp the size of my hand for 7 bucks a pound. Looked amazing. I don't typically buy steaks like that because they suck but the seafood is typically good.

SonOfAGun
07-20-2009, 05:18 PM
A half truth is a whole lie.

Lucky Numbers: 12, 17, 24, 33, 44, 52 49

:lol:toast

I am always impressed by the seamless implementation of trolls. Any random topic, you can be certain there is a screen-name for it :rollin

BacktoBasics
07-20-2009, 05:19 PM
I wouldn't even consider a blog unless Fortune Cookie participated.

LakerHater
07-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Welcome to how idiotic my world is. Their mentality is that recourse is too tough if they're mobile. Hard to repo something that isn't screwed down.

Its stupid nonetheless.

I don't get it, they repo cars all the time!?

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 08:43 AM
I don't get it, they repo cars all the time!?Well now you share in my frustration.

I. Hustle
12-18-2009, 10:13 AM
:wakeup

boutons_deux
12-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Omitting relevant info is a lie, as least morally, but who's moral, or even ethical, anymore, in business dealings?

The whole point of commerce to buy/sell as much/little product for as little/most money. aka, "what the market can bear".

It's fundamentally a screw-or-be-screwed transaction.

The euphemism that commerce is a "win-win" transaction is a myth.

I. Hustle
12-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Buying hookers is win win.

CosmicCowboy
12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Omitting relevant info is a lie, as least morally, but who's moral, or even ethical, anymore, in business dealings?

The whole point of commerce to buy/sell as much/little product for as little/most money. aka, "what the market can bear".

It's fundamentally a screw-or-be-screwed transaction.

The euphemism that commerce is a "win-win" transaction is a myth.

What the fuck? Every commercial transaction has to have a willing buyer and a willing seller.

What exactly is wrong with that concept? What is your alternative?

BacktoBasics
12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
In case you're wondering the finance office/company discussed in my first post was fired. We let them go 2-3 months ago. I knew it was coming. You can't put the banks over your dealers.

We now work through a much larger organization with much tighter relationships to the very same banks...plus a few more. They do thing the right way and by right way I mean whatever it takes to get the deal done.

I couldn't be happier with them.

I. Hustle
12-18-2009, 10:35 AM
in case you're wondering the finance office/company discussed in my first post was fired. We let them go 2-3 months ago. I knew it was coming. You can't put the banks over your dealers.

We now work through a much larger organization with much tighter relationships to the very same banks...plus a few more. They do thing the right way and by right way i mean whatever it takes to get the deal done.

I couldn't be happier with them.

bbbbbooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ggggggggg

BacktoBasics
12-18-2009, 11:00 AM
bbbbbooooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ggggggggg

I'm running out of people to fight with.

Bender
12-18-2009, 04:34 PM
regarding the OP, maybe recourse for banks is tougher if its a case of the person's primary residence. Aren't there laws protecting people's "homes".

peewee's lovechild
12-18-2009, 04:44 PM
So, when do we start this blog thing?

BacktoBasics
12-18-2009, 04:48 PM
So, when do we start this blog thing?
I'm more than down to start one if we have a good two to three regular writers and the quality is there. I'm good to write at least 5 or so times a week. As far as setting one up or making any money on it....I know nothing.

So you tell me.

peewee's lovechild
12-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm more than down to start one if we have a good two to three regular writers and the quality is there. I'm good to write at least 5 or so times a week. As far as setting one up or making any money on it....I know nothing.

So you tell me.

I'm just in it for the ride. And, some cash if I can make it.

I don't know the first thing about setting up a blog. We need a third writer to figure all that shit out.

BacktoBasics
12-18-2009, 05:01 PM
I'm just in it for the ride. And, some cash if I can make it.

I don't know the first thing about setting up a blog. We need a third writer to figure all that shit out.Find us a computer/internet savvy writer that can help us.

katyon6th
12-19-2009, 12:30 AM
I want to be a part of your blog team, B2B.

Kori Ellis
12-19-2009, 12:46 AM
I'm actually looking for someone to write funny, controversial blog posts on variety of topics related to men (sex/job/culture/etc)... $1500 for five posts a day, Monday through Friday.

I. Hustle
12-19-2009, 12:49 AM
I will take culture and B2B can have men sex.

phyzik
12-19-2009, 12:51 AM
I think it depends on the situation and who the person is thats doing the omitting.

for instance....

Telling your chic you are going out with the guys, but omitting the fact that its to a strip club, thats fine.

Being a banker or some such and omitting the fact that you (the customer) are subject to all kinds of penalties and hidden shit.... not cool.

ploto
12-19-2009, 04:10 AM
There are even terms in moral thought: "lies of omission" and "lies of commission."

Among other common lies, we have the silent lie -- the deception which one conveys by simply keeping still and concealing the truth. Many obstinate truth-mongers indulge in this dissipation, imagining that if they speak no lie, they lie not at all. --Mark Twain