PDA

View Full Version : What's next for Michael Vick? Will NFL open its doors to him?

Cheese
07-20-2009, 06:09 PM
Linky (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-07-15-michael-vick-cover_N.htm)

He's still just 29, an age many NFL quarterbacks are in their prime.
And yet in so many ways, Michael Vick— whose involvement in a dogfighting ring led to one of the most dramatic falls from grace ever by an NFL player — has taken on the role of an aging has-been, angling for just one more shot at stardom and the riches that come with it.

On Monday, Vick will become a free man as he completes a two-month home confinement that followed about 18 months behind bars, most of that period at the federal prison in Leavenworth, Kan. The electronic monitoring device Vick has worn since returning to his home in Hampton, Va., will be removed, and the former Atlanta Falcons quarterback once considered one of pro football's most exciting players will be legally cleared to resume his career after being out of the game for two seasons, suspended indefinitely.

kskonn
07-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I personally just don't see a team that is going to be willing to sign this guy.with the current economic conditions there is just not a team out there that wants negative PR. Howver if they have numbers that indicate that vick can still put people in the seats then maybe they will. I just don't see it happening, just my opinion.

JudynTX
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Dancing with the Stars

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 03:27 PM
NFL Veterans Minimum. The guy has served his time...he did his debt to society...he should be allowed to play again...if Leonard Little and Donte Stallworth can suit up again after killing someone after driving drunk, there's no reason Vick shouldn't be able to play again.

J.T.
07-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Michael Vick will be in Dallas if Romo can't win one playoff game this season. Or even make the playoffs.

Dr. Gonzo
07-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Michael Vick will be in Dallas if Romo can't win one playoff game this season. Or even make the playoffs.

I think he will be there either way.

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 03:46 PM

I think he will be there either way.
And why would you say this?

J.T.
07-21-2009, 03:50 PM
And why would you say this?

Is this a serious question? Do you know who owns your team?

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Is this a serious question? Do you know who owns your team?
Yes..this is a serious question...search some shit, dude...Dallas has mentioned many times that they have no interest in Michael Vick...and don't go the criminal route..that's retarded...Dallas is right at the bottom of the list when it comes to teams who have employed criminals....

J.T.
07-21-2009, 04:01 PM
The had no interest in Vick because Romo was getting them 12 win seasons and playoff berths but if he keeps failing as much as he has I'm sure Jerry will abandon the Romo experiment for a proven player even if it is Vick.

JudynTX
07-21-2009, 04:05 PM
His own reality show. :rolleyes

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 04:12 PM
The had no interest in Vick because Romo was getting them 12 win seasons and playoff berths but if he keeps failing as much as he has I'm sure Jerry will abandon the Romo experiment for a proven player even if it is Vick.
Dude...this was just recently that they stated this..2 months ago...didn't know Romo got 12 wins and a playoff birth last year. And if you think Michael Vick would do a better job than Romo after being away from the game as long as he has, you need to stay away from the NFL forums...Honestly, I don't even think Vick could make it as an NFL QB anymore.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/052209dnspocowbriefs.27ae599.html

Dr. Gonzo
07-21-2009, 04:14 PM
Jerry also said he wasn't going to cut T.O.

Michael Vick
07-21-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm working for a reality show on the Animal Network. It's been rough dawgs.

BUMP
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
:lmao

pkbpkb81
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
cox fighting

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Jerry also said he wasn't going to cut T.O.
Yes...but we have no need for Michael Vick..no way in hell he's going to play better than Romo...and let's face it..there are a lot of teams in the league with worse QBs...and teams who AREN'T trying to boost their image...even though Dallas is near the bottom of the list when it comes to employing criminals, everyone seems to think they're at the top...it's crap, but true..so they're trying to change that.

BUMP
07-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Michael Vick is way down the list at this point.

Could we get him in the future? Maybe, but right now we have a great quarterback as is, and a very solid backup, and a guy we drafted in the 4th round who has "potential."

We'd have to wear out the first three options before we brought in Vick. The only way we sign him is for the Wildcat and he obviously aint gonna do that, not to mention it would be a big waste of money

It's not like our QB situation is a mess. In fact, it's not at all

J.T.
07-21-2009, 08:42 PM
Dude...this was just recently that they stated this..2 months ago...didn't know Romo got 12 wins and a playoff birth last year. And if you think Michael Vick would do a better job than Romo after being away from the game as long as he has, you need to stay away from the NFL forums...Honestly, I don't even think Vick could make it as an NFL QB anymore.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/stories/052209dnspocowbriefs.27ae599.html

Don't tell me to stay away from the NFL forum because I see Romo for what he is and not through star-shaped glasses. I think Vick is a better athlete and better quarterback than Romo, he just did something stupid and had to do the time for it. If Vick truly wants to return to the NFL then I have to believe he's been doing something to keep his body in shape while he's been out of the NFL. Romo's got a quick release and is good on his feet but he's not a guy I would want making decisions in the clutch. He's a proven regular season winner and playoff failure. I was actually having a discussion with someone the other day, and now that Peyton Manning has his ring, Romo or McNabb are the logical heirs to the "Can't Win The Big One" monkey on their backs. Just deal with it. He's your quarterback, and you have to deal with him throwing to Witten too much and likely singlehandedly destroying another Cowboys season. At least he got paid.

Vick > Romo

/thread

J.T.
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Seriously, when Romo's career is over and we look back on 12-something first round playoff losses, everyone will always be asking, "What if he never fumbled the snap in Seattle?" He just needs to win a playoff game. Eli Manning was a playoff failure until he won a playoff game too.

tlongII
07-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Raiders

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Don't tell me to stay away from the NFL forum because I see Romo for what he is and not through star-shaped glasses. I think Vick is a better athlete and better quarterback than Romo, he just did something stupid and had to do the time for it. If Vick truly wants to return to the NFL then I have to believe he's been doing something to keep his body in shape while he's been out of the NFL. Romo's got a quick release and is good on his feet but he's not a guy I would want making decisions in the clutch. He's a proven regular season winner and playoff failure. I was actually having a discussion with someone the other day, and now that Peyton Manning has his ring, Romo or McNabb are the logical heirs to the "Can't Win The Big One" monkey on their backs. Just deal with it. He's your quarterback, and you have to deal with him throwing to Witten too much and likely singlehandedly destroying another Cowboys season. At least he got paid.

Vick > Romo

/thread
Michael Vick hasn't played professional football for years...he is out of game shape. When he was playing, yes, he was a better athlete than Romo. Better QB? No...not even close. Vick was lucky that the Atlanta Falcons thought enough of him to completely build the entire team's philosophy around Vick's game, which was based around him running the ball. Teams aren't going to put their entire team and franchise on Vick's back anymore...he's not the same...You sound like every other douchebag who puts the blame of the entire team on one player. Two years ago, if Patrick Crayton catches a ball put right into his hands, the Cowboys beat the Giants in the first round, and we're not even discussing these "failures." In every playoff game Romo's played, other players on the team made mistakes which also caused the loss..it's not all on Tony. I love how you mentioned Peyton Manning, because that just proves my point. Peyton took several playoff games to win one...Romo's going to be fine. Throwing to Witten too much? Damn..now you sound like T.O....Romo threw the ball to Terrell more than Witten last year..Witten just caught the ball more. If you have an issue with a TE who catches the ball as often as Witten, and can run as fast and hit as hard as him, you've got issues..Every team in the NFL would love to have that problem. Tony throws to the guy who's open. This year, with the best RB committee in the league, the Boys are going to run the ball right down the throat of the rest of the league, and just when they don't expect it, deep ball to Roy Williams, or Post or Slant to Witten. Say what you want...the season will prove me right..

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2009, 01:05 AM
i don't know something tells me he will be in Godells doghouse for quite some time

mardigan
07-22-2009, 01:29 AM
Vick>Romo is a fucking joke. I mean a total fucking joke.
As far as Vick though, shit I would take him on the Cowboys as a return/halfback/reciever. Its not like he's not talented, and as much as what he did was wrong, besides the pr hit, he doesnt seem like much of a risk to me.

dirk4mvp
07-22-2009, 03:28 AM
Vick's won a playoff game before.

J.T.
07-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Michael Vick hasn't played professional football for years...he is out of game shape. When he was playing, yes, he was a better athlete than Romo. Better QB? No...not even close. Vick was lucky that the Atlanta Falcons thought enough of him to completely build the entire team's philosophy around Vick's game, which was based around him running the ball. Teams aren't going to put their entire team and franchise on Vick's back anymore...he's not the same...You sound like every other douchebag who puts the blame of the entire team on one player. Two years ago, if Patrick Crayton catches a ball put right into his hands, the Cowboys beat the Giants in the first round, and we're not even discussing these "failures." In every playoff game Romo's played, other players on the team made mistakes which also caused the loss..it's not all on Tony. I love how you mentioned Peyton Manning, because that just proves my point. Peyton took several playoff games to win one...Romo's going to be fine. Throwing to Witten too much? Damn..now you sound like T.O....Romo threw the ball to Terrell more than Witten last year..Witten just caught the ball more. If you have an issue with a TE who catches the ball as often as Witten, and can run as fast and hit as hard as him, you've got issues..Every team in the NFL would love to have that problem. Tony throws to the guy who's open. This year, with the best RB committee in the league, the Boys are going to run the ball right down the throat of the rest of the league, and just when they don't expect it, deep ball to Roy Williams, or Post or Slant to Witten. Say what you want...the season will prove me right..

You sound like every other Cowboys fan who buys Super Bowl tickets in August and wonders why Tony Romo isn't on the field when you go there in February.

Blake was right. Smells like homer in here.

howbouthemspurs
07-22-2009, 05:04 AM
He dosent even deserve to be free let alone be in the NFL. He is pure evil!

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:27 AM
I hope he goes to a team where he can play as the starting QB (even if that team sucks), I know what he did was wrong but it's a lot of fun to see him play.

J.T.
07-22-2009, 06:50 AM
He dosent even deserve to be free let alone be in the NFL. He is pure evil!

Still blows my mind that people think Vick is Satan when they kill greyhounds and horses that can't race anymore. Seriously people, it's not like Vick came into your house and slaughtered Trixie the Golden Retriever with a rusty steak knife. The man got caught, did his time and is free now. Let it go.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 07:56 AM

To be fair though, your hatred for the Cowboys is noted on this bored so you have a bias against them..but its still a bias. Why is one bias ok and one not? I have often wondered that....being a "homer" is an insult but being the other extreme seems to be accepted.

That being said, I think when Vick was active in the league I put him ahead of Romo. Being out two years, I don't think its accurate to put him anywhere just yet until he can prove himself again. He has the potential to be great again but he has to get back on the field.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Still blows my mind that people think Vick is Satan when they kill greyhounds and horses that can't race anymore. Seriously people, it's not like Vick came into your house and slaughtered Trixie the Golden Retriever with a rusty steak knife. The man got caught, did his time and is free now. Let it go.

Agreed. The man did everything required of him by our system of justice, a system that is based on the notion that you serve your punishment and you go back to society. He did that. I don't like what he did and think the punishment was warranted but its over now and he has the right to pursue employment.

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 08:15 AM
I'm working for a reality show on the Animal Network. It's been rough dawgs.

:lol:lol Fail!

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 08:48 AM
I agree with JT on the Blind homer vision but I also agree with Mike. I admit I see Romo with hater blinders on but I try to be as unbiased as possible. Yes the guy has great stats in the beginning of the season but he dropps off bad the last 2 months of the season and has fucked big time in the playoffs. Question for you cowboys fans. if Romo drops the ball again this year, will you be ready to pull the plug on him? What if the boys dont make playoffs, is Romo done?

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Romo is the next Brett Farve.

I wish I had a fucking nickle every time I heard that bullshit.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM
I agree with JT on the Blind homer vision but I also agree with Mike. I admit I see Romo with hater blinders on but I try to be as unbiased as possible. Yes the guy has great stats in the beginning of the season but he dropps off bad the last 2 months of the season and has fucked big time in the playoffs. Question for you cowboys fans. if Romo drops the ball again this year, will you be ready to pull the plug on him? What if the boys dont make playoffs, is Romo done?

Is he done? Probably not, his contract will prevent that.

It depends on what level of success he achieves. If they get to the playoffs and actually win a game, then I will still be on board but that, to me, has to be the minimum.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 09:22 AM
Romo is the next Brett Farve.

I wish I had a fucking nickle every time I heard that bullshit.

Me too.

There will never be another Brett Favre...nor should there be.

BUMP
07-22-2009, 10:02 AM

Not really.

Yeah he had the botched snap, but in the playoffs Romo has done pretty well.

It's not like he shits his pants completely, he's throw 2 TD's compared to 1 INT, and that 1 INT was at the end of the Giants game where he had to pretty much force a pass in there on 4th down that virtually had no chance

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Not really.

Yeah he had the botched snap, but in the playoffs Romo has done pretty well.

It's not like he shits his pants completely, he's throw 2 TD's compared to 1 INT, and that 1 INT was at the end of the Giants game where he had to pretty much force a pass in there on 4th down that virtually had no chance

He buckled when they needed him most 2 years in a row bottom line!! They lost and he has yet to taste playoff victory so in my eyes HE FUCKED UP. He is the leader, he is the QB. He is the captain of the boat, if he sinks so does the team.

SpuronyourFace
07-22-2009, 10:32 AM

Vick > Romo

/thread

You clearly have blind hatred for the Cowboys and thats okay..guess what we love that. We love mattering to not only our own fans, but to causual fans aswell, such as yourself. But you are just talking out of your ass and you know that. The fact that you are arguing for Mike Vick proves that. He is obviously done as a player or you would not want him to play for Dallas.

Romo has been given the reigns for at least 6 years. Im willing to let the guy's career pan out before I pass a judgement on him. But Im a Cowboy fan, I can do that. But don't deny the guy's talent, for fuck's sake, his career QB rating is 94.1. You know he has it, you just dont' want to admit it. You'd love to see the Cowboys fail year in and year out because, quite simply, the Cowboys matter to you.

In the seattle game he fucked up in the rain. The year after, they just lost to a team of destiny in the Giants. Last year we faced a shitload of injuries and YES, the TEAM just quit at the end. it was a broken team. No QB in the league could of won in that situation. To many distractions off the field and T.O. will do that to a team. But to put it into the context of "failing", there are 31 QBs in the league that fail each and every year.

But you think we are ready to give up on Romo??? A guy who has been among league leaders in most statistical passing categories, and is mentioned right behind guys like Brady, Peyton, and Ben. Ha ha ha...fuck you man, fuck you.

Go ahead now, retort with some sort of idiocy, we love the hate...:wakeup

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Football is a team game. One player does not cause a win or loss. That being said, quarterbacks are the only position on the field judged by wins and losses. They get too much of the credit when their team wins and too much blame when their team loses. A QB could throw for 300 yds, 4 TD's no picks and if his team loses, its his fault? No.

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Football is a team game. One player does not cause a win or loss. That being said, quarterbacks are the only position on the field judged by wins and losses. They get too much of the credit when their team wins and too much blame when their team loses. A QB could throw for 300 yds, 4 TD's no picks and if his team loses, its his fault? No.

On offense he handles the ball after the snap on every play so they should be judged heavier than any other position. I get what your saying but if throws for 300s yds, 4 td's and no picks but fails to get the vital 1st down in the 4th, then YES he is more to blame than any other player on the field. Is he 100% to blame no but he has to be mentally strong for his team. All I have to say is watch the Giants vs Pats sb again. Eli took matters in his own hands and didnt give up those last 2 mins. Granted that one catch by I forget his name was amazing and soo lucky, but Eli was the one that kept that drive moving.

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 10:44 AM
But you think we are ready to give up on Romo??? A guy who has been among league leaders in most statistical passing categories, and is mentioned right behind guys like Brady, Peyton, and Ben. Ha ha ha...fuck you man, fuck you.

Hope your talking about first half Romo cause 2nd half Romo is mentioned with all the scrubs. When its all said and done we will see if your homer ass is still singing that same tune about Romo.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
On offense he handles the ball after the snap on every play so they should be judged heavier than any other position. I get what your saying but if throws for 300s yds, 4 td's and no picks but fails to get the vital 1st down in the 4th, then YES he is more to blame than any other player on the field. Is he 100% to blame no but he has to be mentally strong for his team. All I have to say is watch the Giants vs Pats sb again. Eli took matters in his own hands and didnt give up those last 2 mins. Granted that one catch by I forget his name was amazing and soo lucky, but Eli was the one that kept that drive moving.

If he puts the ball in the hands of the receiver and the receiver drops it trying to get that vital 1st down...not his fault. Then again, if his team performs properly throughout the game, it wouldn't and shouldn't come down to that one play.

ATRAIN
07-22-2009, 10:59 AM
If he puts the ball in the hands of the receiver and the receiver drops it trying to get that vital 1st down...not his fault. Then again, if his team performs properly throughout the game, it wouldn't and shouldn't come down to that one play.

I agree with you mike but I still feel that the QB is the captain on off so he need to be able to lead his team. Yes if his RB fumbles or his center bobbles the snap or the WR drops it, he shouldnt be blamed but he ultimately holds the key.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 11:02 AM
I agree with you mike but I still feel that the QB is the captain on off so he need to be able to lead his team. Yes if his RB fumbles or his center bobbles the snap or the WR drops it, he shouldnt be blamed but he ultimately holds the key.

You're right. He is the leader of the team but its a team game. I would like to see Romo get in some guys faces more. We don't see him in the locker room though so maybe he does. I do know this much. If they don't make the playoffs or putz out in them again, Phillips will be gone and Garrett might be with him.

dirk4mvp
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
The 44-6 game might as well have been a playoff game. He was awesome.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
You sound like every other Cowboys fan who buys Super Bowl tickets in August and wonders why Tony Romo isn't on the field when you go there in February.

I've heard that exact same quote before...do you just copy and paste? If you really think a guy who hasn't played in the NFL for years could play better than a guy who has had nothing but winning seasons since he's been a starter, including a 13-3 season, you're out of your freaking mind..but I think it's obvious you're out of your mind anyway, so what I'm saying shouldn't be much of a surprise. I'm not a homer...I'm the guy who was asking why the Cowboys are always hated on when we haven't won a playoff game since 1996...I don't understand it..yet it continues...but people like you who hate the Cowboys are the reason we continue to get more and more fans, so keep it up....and when the Cowboys (note I said, the COWBOYS, not just Romo) get over the hump and finally get that playoff win, we'll start our run..pun intended (Barber, Felix, Choice)

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 11:29 AM
Mikey, it's not worth it..these guys are Cowboy haters, and they always will be....They're going to blast Romo left and right, even though this is a team sport. They obviously have never played the game...

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 11:33 AM
You clearly have blind hatred for the Cowboys and thats okay..guess what we love that. We love mattering to not only our own fans, but to causual fans aswell, such as yourself. But you are just talking out of your ass and you know that. The fact that you are arguing for Mike Vick proves that. He is obviously done as a player or you would not want him to play for Dallas.

Romo has been given the reigns for at least 6 years. Im willing to let the guy's career pan out before I pass a judgement on him. But Im a Cowboy fan, I can do that. But don't deny the guy's talent, for fuck's sake, his career QB rating is 94.1. You know he has it, you just dont' want to admit it. You'd love to see the Cowboys fail year in and year out because, quite simply, the Cowboys matter to you.

In the seattle game he fucked up in the rain. The year after, they just lost to a team of destiny in the Giants. Last year we faced a shitload of injuries and YES, the TEAM just quit at the end. it was a broken team. No QB in the league could of won in that situation. To many distractions off the field and T.O. will do that to a team. But to put it into the context of "failing", there are 31 QBs in the league that fail each and every year.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k14/xox0xo/aerocharm/sports/football/dallas-cowboys/34.png

J.T.
07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
lol cowboys

Briggity brah,

I've been posting in here for four or five NFL seasons now. I've lost count. Put your casual fan nonsense in your pipe and smoke it. I'm not Joe Colts Homer who jerks off to Peyton Manning commercials (but that guy's pretty good if you like 6'5", 230 pound quarterbacks. Laser, rocket arm) and mangasms to the 35 TDs he throws every year. That's dirk4mvp.

I hate the Cowboys for reasons other than them being the sixth major sport on the ESPN ticker, behind NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and Brett Favre. Someone else can explain why, if you really care to know. Quite frankly I'm done explaining to John Doe Cowboy Fan why a born and raised Texan like me doesn't root for God's team. I've attended games in three stadiums that no longer exist, and your precious Texas Stadium was one of them. So gtfo with your bullshit please. I'm on record saying I was wrong about Tony Romo being a bust too, I just think he has no balls and can't win playoff games.

I'm just like tlongII lite, I troll without logging into another screen name. Thanks for taking the bait though. Good luck this season. You're gonna need it.

J.T.
07-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Mikey, it's not worth it..these guys are Cowboy haters, and they always will be....They're going to blast Romo left and right, even though this is a team sport. They obviously have never played the game...

I'll talk serious, non-trolling Cowboys stuff with mikey any time he wants. Dude is all class and when the Cowboys lose he's the one guy I feel bad for. But people who come in the NFL forum in July and are like, "WOOO! COWBOYS! SUPER BOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWLLLL! ROMO 4 MVP!" really grind my gears, to borrow from Peter Griffin.

Oh, and the reason you've heard that quote before is because it's my quote. I dabble in colloquialisms and what not, so forgive me for using one of my own one liners over again.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 03:35 PM
Briggity brah,

I've been posting in here for four or five NFL seasons now. I've lost count. Put your casual fan nonsense in your pipe and smoke it. I'm not Joe Colts Homer who jerks off to Peyton Manning commercials (but that guy's pretty good if you like 6'5", 230 pound quarterbacks. Laser, rocket arm) and mangasms to the 35 TDs he throws every year. That's dirk4mvp.

I hate the Cowboys for reasons other than them being the sixth major sport on the ESPN ticker, behind NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and Brett Favre. Someone else can explain why, if you really care to know. Quite frankly I'm done explaining to John Doe Cowboy Fan why a born and raised Texan like me doesn't root for God's team. I've attended games in three stadiums that no longer exist, and your precious Texas Stadium was one of them. So gtfo with your bullshit please. I'm on record saying I was wrong about Tony Romo being a bust too, I just think he has no balls and can't win playoff games.

I'm just like tlongII lite, I troll without logging into another screen name. Thanks for taking the bait though. Good luck this season. You're gonna need it.

:lmao ok...that is funny. Personally, I put them ahead of Brett but to each his own.

(But at least J.T. admitted they were God's team!) :lmao

BUMP
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Has Tony Romo played exceptionally well in the playoffs? NNNNNNNNNNo but he has played good enough to win some of them.

What I don't understand is how people can read his whole future after only two of them. Peyton Manning couldn't ever get to the Super Bowl, same with McNabb, eventually both of them did.

I have a hard time believing that, with as much talent as this team has, and the ability to attract talent like this team has, that he will go his whole career here without winning even one, but i could be wrong

manufan10
07-22-2009, 06:02 PM
It's strange that people would think that Cowboys fans would want to get rid of Romo after some bad games and some lackluster playoff performances. There's growing pains when you start as a QB in the NFL. Sure some guys have instant success, but others still have growing up to do. People forget that Romo is only going into his 3rd full year as a starting QB. Cowboy fans also embrace Romo more because of the guys he's replaced. Cowboy fans have seen the likes of Quincy Carter, Clint Stoerner (however you spell it), Anthony Wright, an old Vinny Testaverde, projects Drew Henson, the bust Ryan Leaf, and the immobile Drew Bledsoe. There might be others that I've left out, but I'd rather have Romo at QB than any of those guys. Sure, he can be careless with the ball or try to force a pass in tight coverage. But it's that riskiness that also helps him create big plays. I'm not a homer, but I do love the Cowboys. I'm not going to judge his future by some mishaps. I'll judge him when he's near the end of his career. He won't be a bust, and he's undoubtedly better than any QB since Aikman. I'll take Romo over Vick any day. Give me accuracy, touch, quick release, and a semi-mobile QB, and I'll take that over a mobile QB with questionable passing. Vick is a player without a doubt, but the Cowboys have what they need in QB.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I'll talk serious, non-trolling Cowboys stuff with mikey any time he wants. Dude is all class and when the Cowboys lose he's the one guy I feel bad for. But people who come in the NFL forum in July and are like, "WOOO! COWBOYS! SUPER BOWOWOWOWOWOWWWWLLLL! ROMO 4 MVP!" really grind my gears, to borrow from Peter Griffin.

Oh, and the reason you've heard that quote before is because it's my quote. I dabble in colloquialisms and what not, so forgive me for using one of my own one liners over again.
Dude...I see very few people on this forum saying "WOOO! COWBOYS! SUPERBOWL!" in this forum, and if they do, I'd be the first to shut them up...we haven't won shit in a long time. I'd tell them to wait for the playoffs to get excited. But non-trolling? Dude...saying that Michael Vick is better than Romo is trolling...period..that's beyond absurd.

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I would say he will be back after 1 year of another NFl season, he will have to take things slow, nowone has every came back to the NFL after being in prison so this is something new.

J.T.
07-22-2009, 11:16 PM
(But at least J.T. admitted they were God's team!)

It's just too bad He doesn't watch through the hole in the roof anymore after getting that 6200" plasma and League Pass. :depressed

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
It's just too bad He doesn't watch through the hole in the roof anymore after getting that 6200" plasma and League Pass. :depressed

:lol

True.

Gervin44Silas13
07-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Vick will ...play the question is Where.....and when....?

ATRAIN
07-23-2009, 07:59 AM
Dude...I see very few people on this forum saying "WOOO! COWBOYS! SUPERBOWL!" in this forum, and if they do, I'd be the first to shut them up...we haven't won shit in a long time. I'd tell them to wait for the playoffs to get excited. But non-trolling? Dude...saying that Michael Vick is better than Romo is trolling...period..that's beyond absurd.

Well man its not football season yet. Thats when all the stupid ass cocky cowboy fans come out of the woodwork. Mike is one of the few cowboy fans that I even take serious around here so be ready in a few months. Im not sure saying Vick is better than Romo is trolling though. I dont say Vick is better because I happen to think pocket QBs are better than running QBs any day of the week. Romo starts the season off really fucking good but I dont understand what happens after mid season. Does he have too many off field distractions? Maybe. Or does he just gas out......im not sure. I do admit though he has been your best QB since Aikman. I can see Jones going after vick for a backup role, although I know vick wouldnt go for it. Jones just salivates for star power. I mean I dont understand half of the signings he goes through with sometimes (ex Zack Thomas, Kieth Brooking, Pacman). I dont see the boys trying the wildcat scheme so I dont think Vick will be a Cowboy, but never say never.

ATRAIN
07-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Vick will ...play the question is Where.....and when....?

Im thinking either Detroit or San Fran

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 08:26 AM
Well man its not football season yet. Thats when all the stupid ass cocky cowboy fans come out of the woodwork. Mike is one of the few cowboy fans that I even take serious around here so be ready in a few months. Im not sure saying Vick is better than Romo is trolling though. I dont say Vick is better because I happen to think pocket QBs are better than running QBs any day of the week. Romo starts the season off really fucking good but I dont understand what happens after mid season. Does he have too many off field distractions? Maybe. Or does he just gas out......im not sure. I do admit though he has been your best QB since Aikman. I can see Jones going after vick for a backup role, although I know vick wouldnt go for it. Jones just salivates for star power. I mean I dont understand half of the signings he goes through with sometimes (ex Zack Thomas, Kieth Brooking, Pacman). I dont see the boys trying the wildcat scheme so I dont think Vick will be a Cowboy, but never say never.

Being the best QB since Aikman isn't hard. Hell I think I am in the top 10 on that list. :lol

As far as Dallas and the wildcat, I think we will see Felix Jones in that role if they decide to run it. I thought maybe McGee but that would mean he would have to be the #2 QB and leave Kitna as the #3 emergency guy which would be stupid.

I don't see Vick on the Cowboys because if nothing else, JJ is a bidnessman and he has to fill Jerryworld. Pac-Man was a minor PR hit compared to what signing Vick will be. The last thing Jerrah needs is Mr. and Mrs. Metroplex with their two sons, Walker and Texas Ranger, picketing the Taj Ma-Jerry.

There is a prevailing thought that Romo has not been in the best of shape coming into the season so even though he starts out hot, he can't finish. (maybe that is why he and Jess are no longer together :lol ) He apparently has hired a trainer this offseason to prevent that. I think he can be the guy who leads them to a Super Bowl. He has physical talent and has shown it. Its above the shoulders that he needs to work on. His decision making is suspect at best. I don't think he is stupid, I think he tries too hard to do it all himself. I can't figure out if its a lack of trust or if its a "let me show you I can do this" thing. He has made mistakes and he tries too hard to make them up all at once and gets himself in deeper. He needs to relax, let the game come to him and only worry about the next play. If he can't get past that mental issue, Dallas could be in trouble...if he can they could be champions.

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Im thinking either Detroit or San Fran

FWIW...up here, the Lions are saying they are not interested. Then again, if you were 0-16...anything is possible.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Romo has issues with being in shape...supposedly he worked hard in the weight room this year. Romo's problem is with playing hard all year, and being exhausted come December. That's something he worked on this offseason to take care of. Hopefully he'll be ok with that. I don't see Jones going after Vick because of Kitna and McGee. Supposedly McGee did good in rookie camp, and apparently has a cannon for an arm. McGee is someone the Cowboys are going to be grooming to take Romo's spot, in my opinion. I don't think we'll need 4 QBs, and we didn't sign Kitna to go to the practice team, and I don't think McGee will go to the practice team either, because if Dallas decides to go Wildcat, he could do that. Brooking was signed not because of name, but because of the fact that he's a locker room leader, and Dallas needs that...they've had a bunch of prima donnas in the locker room, definitely. One left to Buffalo, but we still have more. I'm hoping Roy Williams doesn't get an inflated head now...I hope he just shuts up and plays the game, but who knows. Being a Longhorns fan, and obviously from my sig, I love Roy W....but I'm hoping he shuts his mouth and plays the game. He could be great...but he needs to step it up majorly this year..or Dallas won't go anywhere. I am not a Cowboys homer...Being a lifetime fan, I'm very critical of them. I do believe we have the best RB tandem in the league overall, with 3 really good RBs...I don't think we have any superstar back (though some would say Barber is), but we have 3 really good ones, and that's good enough to have a hell of a season running the ball. I'd like to see some Maryland I formation this season, but I doubt we will. We'll have to see.

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 11:05 AM
If you use McGee in the Wildcat, you would have to name him the #2 QB. If he is the #3 and goes in before the 4th Q starts, you have to stay with him.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2009, 11:10 AM
If you use McGee in the Wildcat, you would have to name him the #2 QB. If he is the #3 and goes in before the 4th Q starts, you have to stay with him.
You can't use all 3 QBs?

Whisky Dog
07-23-2009, 11:26 AM
You don't ever put 3 qbs on the 45 man game day roster. Because of that the 3rd qb can only play in emergency and can't be subbed out

Whisky Dog
07-23-2009, 11:28 AM
I don't think there will be much of a PR hit for signing Vick. The guy did his time and people are usually more sympathetic to someone who did wrong but paid the price for it.

LOL texans
07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Why not Vick to the texans???? Their backup sucks and their starter sucks AND can't stay on the field. This might help them get to 8-8 again....just a thought.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2009, 12:09 PM
lol Colts troll
lol Texans having a better record than the Colts this year

ATRAIN
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
lol Colts troll

lol lol

LOL texans
07-23-2009, 12:11 PM
lol Colts troll

lol Cowboys in December

ATRAIN
07-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Why not Vick to the texans???? Their backup sucks and their starter sucks AND can't stay on the field. This might help them get to 8-8 again....just a thought.

Dirk I guess its possible but unlikely. As a backup I wouldnt mind lol.

manufan10
07-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Going to the Browns would be ironic.. Vick playing for the Dawg Pound. :lol

J.T.
07-23-2009, 05:58 PM
lol Colts troll

lol people are going to be surprised. Dungy changed the culture of the team, those guys know how to win now and are better players after being with him for so long. He doesn't necessarily need to be the HC to have an impact on the team. They'll still win 12 games and facefuck the Titans and emboy for the division.

I'm thrilled because it's not hard to have bigger balls than Tony Dungy when it comes to play calling so no more of this bullshit punting the ball on 4th and inches when you have the lead in a playoff game and less than two minutes on the clock. :pctoss

Spursfan092120
07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
lol people are going to be surprised. Dungy changed the culture of the team, those guys know how to win now and are better players after being with him for so long. He doesn't necessarily need to be the HC to have an impact on the team. They'll still win 12 games and facefuck the Titans and emboy for the division.

I'm thrilled because it's not hard to have bigger balls than Tony Dungy when it comes to play calling so no more of this bullshit punting the ball on 4th and inches when you have the lead in a playoff game and less than two minutes on the clock. :pctoss
Agreed..but at the same time, the Texans have arguably a top 3 receiver in the NFL, a VERY good RB, and a decent QB. Not to mention a defense headed by a guy with a chip on his shoulder (Mario). This could be a great year for them.

Spursfan092120
07-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Brand new article....like...4 hours ago..

Cowboys have no plans for Vick

4 hours, 23 minutes ago

[/URL]

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Even if Michael Vick (http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nfl,article,ap-cowboys-novick:1)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448/news;_ylt=Apz5EhA2bz0TUZXa3beI1VodsLYF) is available, Jerry Jones says the Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/dal/;_ylt=AjgJC9ISwTcI8n8Cpgm9A9sdsLYF) have no plans to sign the suspended quarterback.
The Cowboys owner has repeatedly said since Vick was released by the Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/) last year that his team won’t sign Vick.
Vick was freed from federal custody this week for dogfighting charges and is awaiting word from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about if and when he will be reinstated.
Responding to a question Friday about Vick, Jones said his stance hasn’t changed.
“It hasn’t,” Jones said, emphasizing that by repeating that phrase twice more in a matter of seconds.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-novick&prov=ap&type=lgns

manufan10
07-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Brand new article....like...4 hours ago..

Cowboys have no plans for Vick

4 hours, 23 minutes ago

[/URL]

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Even if Michael Vick (http://buzz.yahoo.com/article/y_sports/urn:newsml:sports.yahoo,ap:20050301:nfl,article,ap-cowboys-novick:1)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5448/news;_ylt=Apz5EhA2bz0TUZXa3beI1VodsLYF) is available, Jerry Jones says the Dallas Cowboys (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/dal/;_ylt=AjgJC9ISwTcI8n8Cpgm9A9sdsLYF) have no plans to sign the suspended quarterback.
The Cowboys owner has repeatedly said since Vick was released by the Atlanta Falcons (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/atl/) last year that his team won’t sign Vick.
Vick was freed from federal custody this week for dogfighting charges and is awaiting word from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about if and when he will be reinstated.
Responding to a question Friday about Vick, Jones said his stance hasn’t changed.
“It hasn’t,” Jones said, emphasizing that by repeating that phrase twice more in a matter of seconds.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cowboys-novick&prov=ap&type=lgns

But.. but.. the Cowboys always sign the criminals... :rolleyes

manufan10
07-26-2009, 04:10 PM
T.O. says the Vick should be reinstated without a 4 game suspension. He said it's like "kicking a dead horse." He also says that he has paid his debt to society and should be reinstated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-owens-vick&prov=ap&type=lgns

What do you think? Should Vick be reinstated without the suspension? Or should he have to sit out another 4 games?

Spursfan092120
07-26-2009, 05:38 PM
T.O. says the Vick should be reinstated without a 4 game suspension. He said it's like "kicking a dead horse." He also says that he has paid his debt to society and should be reinstated.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-owens-vick&prov=ap&type=lgns

What do you think? Should Vick be reinstated without the suspension? Or should he have to sit out another 4 games?
I don't have a problem with the suspension. Roger Goodell has said from the beginning that the punishment they receive from the state will not cover the punishment from the NFL. 4 games is not a big deal for a guy who's waited years to get back.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I agree with T.O. Let the guy move on. He did his time. It does nothing for the NFL to keep him out. I wish people can take some steps back and really understand what this man has lost for this crime. Beyond anyone by a ton for doing the samething. It's over.

Strike
07-26-2009, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't mind him on the Raiders as a backup. At least it would fit, right? It's just the kind of thing that Al Davis would do.

BUMP
07-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Don't really have a problem with the 4 game suspension. Yeah, it was a lengthy sentence but the NFL always hands down their own suspension with a player when they are in trouble with the law and this is no different.

He served his time and is a free man and I agree he should be allowed to be reinstated but this is just part of the business. It's really a technicality

Spursfan092120
07-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Don't really have a problem with the 4 game suspension. Yeah, it was a lengthy sentence but the NFL always hands down their own suspension with a player when they are in trouble with the law and this is no different.

He served his time and is a free man and I agree he should be allowed to be reinstated but this is just part of the business. It's really a technicality
Exactly.

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 08:09 PM
It's really a technicality

This is still new to the NFL. 2 years in Jail plus missing 2 seasons. I can't even say cut the guy a break. Stop beating a man down is more like it.

BUMP
07-26-2009, 08:34 PM
This is still new to the NFL. 2 years in Jail plus missing 2 seasons. I can't even say cut the guy a break. Stop beating a man down is more like it.

But the problem here is the double standard.

If u go without giving him a suspension, then it's gonna be really hard to hand suspensions down in the future.

Look at the Minnesota boat scandal, they were charged with only misdemeanors and got 4 games, so now you're gonna let a guy who commited a major felony not get any suspension? If that were to happen it would be really hard to suspend a player for anything less in the future, because they would just point back to Vick who didn't get a suspension for something way more serious.

dickface
07-26-2009, 08:45 PM
But the problem here is the double standard.

If u go without giving him a suspension, then it's gonna be really hard to hand suspensions down in the future.

Look at the Minnesota boat scandal, they were charged with only misdemeanors and got 4 games, so now you're gonna let a guy who commited a major felony not get any suspension? If that were to happen it would be really hard to suspend a player for anything less in the future, because they would just point back to Vick who didn't get a suspension for something way more serious.

How much jail time did the Minnesota boat scandal ppl get? Did they serve enough time to miss an entire season? Two? Why is it that Goodell couldn't let a suspension run concurrently with his jail sentence?

Four games isn't that big a deal, but it's a bit excessive when you put it all into perspective. Is he getting a clean slate or not?

BUMP
07-26-2009, 08:52 PM
How much jail time did the Minnesota boat scandal ppl get? Did they serve enough time to miss an entire season? Two? Why is it that Goodell couldn't let a suspension run concurrently with his jail sentence?

Four games isn't that big a deal, but it's a bit excessive when you put it all into perspective. Is he getting a clean slate or not?

Because he was released by the Falcons and there is no guarantee he's gonna come back and play for the NFL after two years in prison. Who's to say that he changes and goes a different route?

Since he decided to get back in the NFL, he will have to face a suspension now.

dickface
07-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Who's to say that he changes and goes a different route?

Yeah maybe he would have wanted to find work as an accountant, right? :rolleyes

Everyone knew Vick was going to try to make a return to the NFL. Are you saying in two years, Goodell didn't have the brains to call up his future PR nightmare and ask him "hey, what's your five year plan after leaving prison?"

BUMP
07-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Yeah maybe he would have wanted to find work as an accountant, right? :rolleyes

Everyone knew Vick was going to try to make a return to the NFL. Are you saying in two years, Goodell didn't have the brains to call up his future PR nightmare and ask him "hey, what's your five year plan after leaving prison?"

Two years is a long ass time in prison. The environment itself can completely change you. Who's to say he comes out and is out of football shape and doesn't have the motivation to play anymore?