PDA

View Full Version : Are the Spurs destined to face the Rockets?

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 09:00 PM
..seems like the Denver Nuggets win again tonight:cry

they're just 1 game away from Houston. Are we going to face Houston in the first round? It seems like the playoff picture after the week will be Denver can catch up Houston and gain the #6 spot. And if they lose a game Houston @#7 : :depressed .

SequSpur
04-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Aren't the Spurs the best team? WGAF who we play.

1Parker1
04-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Wow, Denver has made an impressive turnaround. Hard to believe that a few months ago they were completely out of the playoff picture. Not only have the managed to get back in the playoff's, they may just pull off the #6 spot. And some Spurs fans think we could have easily beat them in the first round?

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 09:39 PM
i think Houston's pretty more dangerous than Denver. Denver beat a Duncan-less Spurs...

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-06-2005, 09:46 PM
bring on sacramento!!

RobinsontoDuncan
04-06-2005, 10:13 PM
bring on sacramento!!

one can only wish right?

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 10:18 PM
how i wish we get the #1 spot. Denver will keep on winning. Then Suns take Houston...

Suns has no answer for Yao. :angel

Tek_XX
04-06-2005, 10:51 PM
What the hell is destained?

Anyway it doesn't matter who we play, we still have to win 16 games

T Park
04-06-2005, 11:12 PM
Im praying for a Spurs Kings matchup.

I could care less who they play in the first round, but Id prefer Sacramento.

ceds
04-06-2005, 11:19 PM
we are the only Western team that has the tools to beat the spurs.

I dont want the spurs in the first round but i think we have a fighting chance to beat you guys

ducks
04-06-2005, 11:25 PM
I want to send mcgrady and his 19 game lossing streak in the east home packing

T Park
04-06-2005, 11:35 PM
honestly, the kings are better than u think...all they have is peja bibby and mobley right now yet they are still competitive...just imagine when Brad Miller and Bobby Jackson comes back....i am not a kings fan but i have seen over 200 of their game over the past few years (living in Sactown) and know that they can turn it on...one of these years they wont choke or get so injured...however, they still could give the spurs some trouble this year...

Yeah, BUT, youve got to add a low post presence to that to make it right, Webber WAS that.

No Webber??

There honestly not even legitimately a playoff team.

Spurs would sweep the Kings RIGHT NOW easily.

It would be perfect.

Sweep, lots of rest for Tim, and lots of PT and rest for Big Dog.

SequSpur
04-06-2005, 11:37 PM
destained?

It's DESTINED!

DAMN.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Yeah, BUT, youve got to add a low post presence to that to make it right, Webber WAS that.

No Webber??

There honestly not even legitimately a playoff team.

Spurs would sweep the Kings RIGHT NOW easily.

It would be perfect.

Sweep, lots of rest for Tim, and lots of PT and rest for Big Dog.

I don't think Webber was a threat to contain Duncan anymore. He's on his way out. Give him another year in Philly and we'll probably be signing him to the vet minimum with 8 games left next season.

The Kings were smart to unload him for 3 guys that still have some trade value. Skinner+Williamson+Thomas>Webber
Skinner+Williamson+Thomas<Webber four years ago.

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 12:09 AM
destained?

It's DESTINED!

DAMN.

haven't you checked my 1st post? it was already edited... check the time....

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Milk, it's shaping up to be the Rockets and Spurs in round one I think. That's ok with me. . .Denver has been playing great lately, no use expending too much playoff energy ridding ourselves of a first round opponent. The Rockets are reeling a little for some reason lately, maybe they peaked too soon.

T Park
04-07-2005, 12:20 AM
I didnt say contain Duncan downlow, Im talking about them on offense.

It was hard to guard him, Miller, Mobley, Stoyokovic, and Bibby.

NOW, Its really easy to guard this team, its a perimiter, zone em up team.

The Spurs would sweep the Kings.

Beat the Rockets in 5.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Webber's game has been moving further out here lately. Plus Sacto ran most of their offense through Webber on the high post, not the low post.

Get Brad Miller healthy and team him with Thomas and you've got a good 5, and a 4 who can slash past most of the other 4's in the league.

I don't think the Kings lost anything offensively. . .they might create more matchup problems than you think.

That being said, however, its Memphis and Denver concern me in the first round. Houston or Sacramento not so much.

T Park
04-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Denver Houston Sacramento nor Memphis bother me too much.

A little yes, too much, no.

Nothing a fresh 90% Tim Duncan doesn't obliterate.

ceds
04-07-2005, 12:36 AM
5 games??

your dreaming..especially if TD is not 100%

Van Gundy will turn the series into a slugfest. The games will be slowed down and he will make your shooters prove themselves

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 01:03 AM
Milk, it's shaping up to be the Rockets and Spurs in round one I think. That's ok with me. . .Denver has been playing great lately, no use expending too much playoff energy ridding ourselves of a first round opponent. The Rockets are reeling a little for some reason lately, maybe they peaked too soon...Houston still look more dangerous to me :cry.

damn, that TMac :cuss 35sec run

MannyIsGod
04-07-2005, 01:18 AM
I don't mind playing Houston one bit. Rasho steps up when he plays Yao. Playing the better centers of the league inspires him, for whatever reason, and he brings his A game.

I'm much more leary of a very atheletic and clicking Denver team, and would rather see that type of team later in the playoffs, if at all.

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 01:37 AM
5 games??

your dreaming..especially if TD is not 100%

Van Gundy will turn the series into a slugfest. The games will be slowed down and he will make your shooters prove themselves..i'll make a turnaround.

Kori just posted J.Howard rests due to heart ailment. So, that's minus 1 defender for TD.

Now, i like our chances...