PDA

View Full Version : Report: Roethlisberger accused of sexual assault

METALMiKE
07-21-2009, 01:39 AM
Roethlisberger listed as defendant in lawsuit

RENO, Nev. (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has been named as a defendant in a lawsuit filed by a woman in Nevada.

According to online court records, a defamation lawsuit was filed in Washoe County on Friday. Andrea McNulty is listed as the plaintiff.

Details of the suit were not available late Monday night. Roethlisberger was one of nine defendants listed in the online court docket report.

Roethlisberger's attorney released a statement to several media outlets Monday night saying the two-time Super Bowl winner was accused of sexual assault in the lawsuit by McNulty. Atlanta-based attorney David Cornwell denied Roethlisberger sexually assaulted McNulty.

"This weekend Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," Cornwell said.

A phone message and e-mail from the AP to Cornwell were not immediately returned.

Attorney Calvin R. Dunlap, of Reno, filed the suit, according to court documents. A telephone message left for him was not immediately returned.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/07/21/roethlisberger.ap/index.html

J.T.
07-21-2009, 02:05 AM
Hopefully Goodell suspends him anyway.

FTS.

benefactor
07-21-2009, 05:36 AM
He is the golden boy behind Tom Terrific. This will be swept under the rug.

samikeyp
07-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Ok, lets hear the outrage. If Ben wore a star on his helmet....all hell would be breaking loose. :lol

FWIW...this story sounds fishy.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 09:38 AM
Hopefully Goodell suspends him anyway.

FTS.

Similar to Matt Jones, the color of his skin will ensure he doesn't get a suspension for this.

BUMP
07-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Wow, due to him being an athlete and a superstar i doubt he ever sees jail time.

The timing of this seems fishy. Over a year later?

As much as i hate the Steelers, if he is truly innocent, hopefully he gets cleared ASAP because if you are faced with sexual assault charges, it will definitely mess with your head until it is all cleared up. You don't want your reputation tarnished and that is probably what he will be thinking about.

But the worse thing that would happen to him is big ass fine and lots of community service if it ever gets that far but i doubt it

jack sommerset
07-21-2009, 11:03 AM
It is soooooooooo obvious he is money behind this suit. Only reson he is named. I gurantee he did nothing wrong.

pkbpkb81
07-21-2009, 11:17 AM
He sexually assaulted stretch and Ben Jarvis too that's why they haven’t been around.

samikeyp
07-21-2009, 11:44 AM
He sexually assaulted stretch and Ben Jarvis too that's why they haven’t been around.

You can't assault the willing.

Gervin44Silas13
07-21-2009, 12:38 PM
HA HA STEELERS FANS!!!!!
GET A TASTE OF DALLAS COWBOYS MEDICINE YOU FUCKS!!!:pimpslap

rjv
07-21-2009, 12:42 PM
he said/ she said and no DNA evidence to work with would not make for much of a lawsuit.

LOL texans
07-21-2009, 12:43 PM
If he's guilty, I hope he gets what he deserves....fucking steelers

bresilhac
07-21-2009, 01:36 PM
HA HA STEELERS FANS!!!!!
GET A TASTE OF DALLAS COWBOYS MEDICINE YOU FUCKS!!!:pimpslap

Trust me. No team is as bad as the scumbag cowpigs. Talk about a bunch of jailbirds.

samikeyp
07-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Trust me. No team is as bad as the scumbag cowpigs. Talk about a bunch of jailbirds.

Normally I would go into a post disproving this statement but the post that prompted this response is retarded douche-baggery at its finest so flame away.

kskonn
07-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Well this is a civil suit so he certainly won't see jail time, or any type of community service sentence. basically it sounds like this person is fishing for Money. Hey maybe he did something wrong but if there was any actual evidence and not just her "saying" it happened this would be a criminal case and not a civil case.

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 03:48 PM

Normally I would go into a post disproving this statement but the post that prompted this response is retarded douche-baggery at its finest so flame away.
I'll do it...so tired of this bullshit..

Since 2000, 23 Cincinnati Bengals have been arrested, 21 Minnesota Vikings have been arrested, and 19 Kansas City Chiefs. Pittsburgh Steelers have 14 players. Dallas has had 8. And only 3 of the charges actually stuck. Two of them were public intoxication and one was DWI...Marcus Coleman. He was immediately cut from the team. Giants have 11 players, Redskins have 9, Falcons have 10, Ravens have 14, Even the good ol sweet Patriots have 11. The Houston Texans have 8 as well, just like Dallas, but they didn't even start until 2002..this list is compiled starting in 2000. I could go on and on. Dallas is one of the lowest on the list. The only reason they are known is because their players were more high profile than others. Guess they're not the worst, now are they? Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself on this website...the evidence is right there..if you want to hate on Dallas, hate away..but research some shit before you start opening your big mouth.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/searcharrests.html

BUMP
07-21-2009, 04:39 PM
I'll do it...so tired of this bullshit..

Since 2000, 23 Cincinnati Bengals have been arrested, 21 Minnesota Vikings have been arrested, and 19 Kansas City Chiefs. Pittsburgh Steelers have 14 players. Dallas has had 8. And only 3 of the charges actually stuck. Two of them were public intoxication and one was DWI...Marcus Coleman. He was immediately cut from the team. Giants have 11 players, Redskins have 9, Falcons have 10, Ravens have 14, Even the good ol sweet Patriots have 11. The Houston Texans have 8 as well, just like Dallas, but they didn't even start until 2002..this list is compiled starting in 2000. I could go on and on. Dallas is one of the lowest on the list. The only reason they are known is because their players were more high profile than others. Guess they're not the worst, now are they? Don't believe me? Look it up for yourself on this website...the evidence is right there..if you want to hate on Dallas, hate away..but research some shit before you start opening your big mouth.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/nfl/searcharrests.html

:clap:clap:clap

Before we brought in PacMan and TO the Cowboys had a very likeable team with good character people and even with PacMan thats only one guy thats had serious trouble with the law and he was cut after 1 season. TO has never had a brush in with the law.

and :lol at our worst thing being public intoxication. "STOP THE PRESS!!!! OH NOESSS"

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
:clap:clap:clap

Before we brought in PacMan and TO the Cowboys had a very likeable team with good character people and even with PacMan thats only one guy thats had serious trouble with the law and he was cut after 1 season. TO has never had a brush in with the law.

and :lol at our worst thing being public intoxication. "STOP THE PRESS!!!! OH NOESSS"
exactly..it's all based on people hating the Cowboys..I don't understand it..it's not like we've been winning every year..shit..we ain't won a playoff game in 14 years...I wish they'd quit acting like we win the SB every dayum year.

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 05:18 PM
But seriously..lol..Ben Rapelisberger.

BUMP
07-21-2009, 06:06 PM
exactly..it's all based on people hating the Cowboys..I don't understand it..it's not like we've been winning every year..shit..we ain't won a playoff game in 14 years...I wish they'd quit acting like we win the SB every dayum year.

Actually i love the hate, even though i dont see why they do.

I mean like you said we havent won a playoff game in 14 years but atleast we're relevant in people's minds for some reason :)

lefty
07-21-2009, 06:37 PM
So

Did the victim fumble or not

dickface
07-21-2009, 07:09 PM
I guess Cowboys fans can't get too upset at Tony Romo for spending his entire offseason playing golf instead of practicing football. At least he wasn't raping bitches.

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Actually i love the hate, even though i dont see why they do.

I mean like you said we havent won a playoff game in 14 years but atleast we're relevant in people's minds for some reason :)
This is true...love the haters...they keep you in their mind at all times..lol

FireDavidStern
07-21-2009, 08:01 PM
really Cowboy fans? You gonna side with the crazy gold digger?

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
really Cowboy fans? You gonna side with the crazy gold digger?
No one's siding with anyone. Just joking around...just like everyone did with T.O....just like everyone's done with any athlete who is accused of anything...get into the times dude...I don't believe Ben did it...but I believe anything's possible..and to call someone a crazy gold digger before you even hear anything in the case is a bit presumptious, don't you?

Spurtacus
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2009/07/0721_ben_accuser_launch.jpg

manufan10
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow.. guys are really going for bottom of the barrel these days aren't they...

BUMP
07-21-2009, 10:29 PM
good God seeing that ugly whore's face pisses me off even more...

there's no reason Ben would even need to go after that, its not worth going to jail for.

Women like this should be punished for making up bullshit lies trying to get money from athletes by ruining their reputation. This story is undoubtedly false

Udokafan05
07-21-2009, 10:40 PM
His first call needs to be to Kobe for advice.

manufan10
07-21-2009, 10:51 PM
McNulty -- an employee at the Harrah's hotel in Lake Tahoe -- claims it all went down on Friday, July 11, 2008 around 10:00 p.m. In the docs, McNulty claims she ran into Roethlisberger in the hotel hallway and he told her that the sound system on his television wasn't working. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims she tried to call other hotel employees to fix the TV, but ultimately decided to go to the room to fix it herself. Once she got to the room, McNulty claims she determined there was no problem with the TV -- but as she tried to leave, Roethlisberger stood in her way and "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

According to the report, McNulty claims she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

In the docs, McNulty claims she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," but he refused to stop and began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

McNulty claims Ben then pushed her onto the bed, and "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she gave Roethlisberger several warnings, saying things like, "You don't want to do this" and "Please don't." She also claims she warned Ben that she wasn't on any type of birth control -- to which Ben allegedly responded, "Don't worry, I'll pull out."

According to PFT, McNulty claims in the lawsuit that after the incident, she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together."

When she emerged, McNulty claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"
She replied, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty claims Ben quickly became "stern," kicked her out of the room and said, "If anyone asks you, you fixed my television. You fixed my television. Now go!"

Roethlisberger has denied all of McNulty's allegations and cites the fact that no criminal investigation was ever conducted.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/21/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assualt-case-her-side-of-the-story/#continuedcontents

manufan10
07-21-2009, 10:53 PM
LOL.. she was engaged to a "soldier."

Sources connected to the Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault case claim the psychiatric care the accuser says she's under has nothing to do with Ben .... it has to do with a relationship she had with a man who never existed.

Andrea McNulty has sued Roethlisberger, the Pittsburgh Steelers Super Bowl champ, claiming he sexually assaulted her in July 2008. Sources tell us Roethlisberger and McNulty had a sexual liaison at the time but Ben insists it was purely consensual. We're told the two knew each other because Ben had stayed at Harrah's in Lake Tahoe over the last several years for golf tournaments -- and she worked at the hotel.

Sources connected with the case tell us a former co-worker of McNulty's at Harrah's came forward with this incredible story -- that around the time McNulty hooked up with Roethlisberger, she was allegedly involved with a married man. The man's wife, we're told, created an email account, posing as a U.S. soldier in Iraq. The wife began corresponding with McNulty to gain information. We're told the former co-worker has said McNulty fell in love with the fictitious soldier and began telling people she was engaged to him. When the wife stopped the correspondence, McNulty then began telling people the soldier was killed in action.

We're told McNulty told at least one co-worker she began seeing a psychiatrist because of the phantom soldier.

We tried repeatedly getting in touch with McNulty. So far we have been unable to reach her.

http://www.tmz.com/

BUMP
07-21-2009, 11:25 PM
McNulty -- an employee at the Harrah's hotel in Lake Tahoe -- claims it all went down on Friday, July 11, 2008 around 10:00 p.m. In the docs, McNulty claims she ran into Roethlisberger in the hotel hallway and he told her that the sound system on his television wasn't working. He allegedly asked her to come and "take a quick look" at it.

McNulty claims she tried to call other hotel employees to fix the TV, but ultimately decided to go to the room to fix it herself. Once she got to the room, McNulty claims she determined there was no problem with the TV -- but as she tried to leave, Roethlisberger stood in her way and "grabbed [her] and started to kiss her."

According to the report, McNulty claims she was "shocked and stunned that this previously friendly man, that appeared to be a gentleman in her previous contacts with him was suddenly preventing her from leaving, was assaulting and battering her."

In the docs, McNulty claims she "communicated her objection and lack of consent," but he refused to stop and began "fondling [her] through her dress and between her legs."

McNulty claims Ben then pushed her onto the bed, and "pulled her underpants off and proceeded to penetrate her."

McNulty claims that she gave Roethlisberger several warnings, saying things like, "You don't want to do this" and "Please don't." She also claims she warned Ben that she wasn't on any type of birth control -- to which Ben allegedly responded, "Don't worry, I'll pull out."

According to PFT, McNulty claims in the lawsuit that after the incident, she went to the bathroom, and "tried to pull herself together."

When she emerged, McNulty claims that Roethlisberger asked, "There are cameras on this room, aren't there?"
She replied, "Yes, there are cameras everywhere."

McNulty claims Ben quickly became "stern," kicked her out of the room and said, "If anyone asks you, you fixed my television. You fixed my television. Now go!"

Roethlisberger has denied all of McNulty's allegations and cites the fact that no criminal investigation was ever conducted.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/21/ben-roethlisberger-sexual-assualt-case-her-side-of-the-story/#continuedcontents

:lol:wtf

total bullshit

BUMP
07-21-2009, 11:27 PM
created a fake e-mail account posing as a fictitious husband?

:lol i'm pretty sure Ben has nothing to worry about. This girl has serious issues

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 12:01 AM
Wow I was actually hoping this was true :lol

Agreed BUMP an ugly woman who claims that a man who could easily find way hotter women consent to fucking him raped her should be punished, especially if it's proven that they didn't even have sex.

METALMiKE
07-22-2009, 12:38 AM
i am so confused from that TMZ article...

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 12:44 AM
:oink Sounds like the woman is out of her mind..without hearing any evidence, I would tend to believe Ben..

Gervin44Silas13
07-22-2009, 06:24 AM
Notice how ESPN is not covering the story...

Bitches!

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:31 AM

GTFO nobody would sexualy assault such an ugly bitch, much less a rich and succesful NFL player.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Yahoo posted this...look at the AP story title...kinda bad wording...

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090722/thumb.40803a6d79f34bbc97bcbdeb8d53bf73.roethlisber ger_lawsuit_ny109.jpg (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTI2ajMyZGhzBF9TAzk3MTgwMDM0OARnc3RhdGUDM wRwb3MDMQRzZWMDbndfc3BvcnRzBHNsawNpbWcEdGFyA3Nwb3J 0cy55YWhvby5jb20-/SIG=14l3s0v16/**http%3A//us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/top/SIG=12lvp4e7t/*http%253A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news%3Fslug=ap-roethlisberger-lawsuit%26prov=ap%26type=lgns) NFL probing Roethlisberger allegations (AP) (http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTI4b210cjljBF9TAzk3MTgwMDM0OARnc3RhdGUDM wRwb3MDMgRzZWMDbndfc3BvcnRzBHNsawN0aXRsZQR0YXIDc3B vcnRzLnlhaG9vLmNvbQ--/SIG=14l3s0v16/**http%3A//us.rd.yahoo.com/sports/rss/top/SIG=12lvp4e7t/*http%253A//sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news%3Fslug=ap-roethlisberger-lawsuit%26prov=ap%26type=lgns)

LnGrrrR
07-22-2009, 03:02 PM
I guess Cowboys fans can't get too upset at Tony Romo for spending his entire offseason playing golf instead of practicing football. At least he wasn't raping bitches.

:lol

Damn, I almost just coughed up my Sobe.

LnGrrrR
07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
"This weekend Andrea McNulty served Ben Roethlisberger with a civil complaint accusing him of sexually assaulting her in July 2008. Ben has never sexually assaulted anyone; especially Andrea McNulty. The timing of the lawsuit and the absence of a criminal complaint and a criminal investigation are the most compelling evidence of the absence of any criminal conduct. If an investigation is commenced, Ben will cooperate fully and Ben will be fully exonerated," Cornwell said.

Wtf? :lol

Was that a slam on this chick, or what?

"My client has never had sexually assaulted anyone! But, let's say he did, it wouldn't be with this cow."

manufan10
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM

"My client has never had sexually assaulted anyone! But, let's say he did, it wouldn't be with this cow."

:lmao

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 09:17 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 09:36 PM
If this is true, this may ruin this career or it might go away like Kobe Bryant the rapist.

manufan10
07-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow, this chick is claiming that the chief of security gained the trust of her parents, who then gave him the key to her house. He then "deleted evidence off of her computer" and then "confiscated" her computer. This chick is a nut job. Everything is one big conspiracy. Everyone was out to get her.

Legal experts think that Big Ben will still end up settling outside of court. I hope he doesn't. Fight it in court, who cares about money/endorsements. Expose her for the fraud she is. She's just trying to make some quick cash.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArSLeETXlLIA.kQ_OX0xXVVDubYF?slug=ap-roethlisbergerlawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns

jack sommerset
07-26-2009, 03:28 PM
What a world we live in. She does not even try to file criminal charges. Her justice is money. No freaken way I believe this girl was raped for one second. They are hoping to embarass this guy and get some sort of pay off. I'm talking about the lawyers! The girl is fucking ignorant and getting some serious bad advice. Looks like Big Ben will fight this off.

dickface
07-26-2009, 08:50 PM
No doubt Big Ben got his poke on with this chick. But no way did he rape her. This is an obvious money grab.

J.T.
07-26-2009, 10:39 PM
http://bighugelabs.com/output/motivator77ae55bb0c8d6e6d695d090ec011fcf101bd7f7c. jpg

manufan10
08-08-2009, 03:02 AM
Looks like there might be some trouble with the accusations:

A former coworker of Andrea McNulty, who has filed a civil suit against Ben Roethlisberger for alleged sexual assault, said the woman bragged about having been with the Steelers quarterback.

In an affidavit filed Friday, former Harrah's employee Angela Antonetti said that Andrea McNulty never seemed "upset, stressed out or nervous" about what happened.

Later, Antonetti said McNulty told her she thought she might be pregnant by Roethlisberger and talked about going to Pittsburgh to try to "run into" him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4385103

beefanus
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Fact of the matter is he didnt do it, if he did she would have went to the police a year ago WHEN it happened. She is just looking for here next pay day.