PDA

View Full Version : Why do people title Duncan as "one of the best "PFs?

Rapper
07-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Yo Man check it out ,dawgs sorry for asking this question but why do most people say Timmy is one of the best PFs of all time? yep, my question focuses on the word "one of the best"

I just wonder which PF is/was better than or could be compared with Duncan?

Some told me "the postman" is the only PF who could beat Timmy ,well man it doesn't make sense, yup i admit that Karl is definitley one of the best PFs of all time.However, a dude who never had a ring could be named the best PF of all time? (don't tell me the reason why he couldn't have a ring is because he lived in Michael Jordan time) the answer is absolutely "not",it is no doubt that Malone is one of the best PFs but not Timmy .the big fundamental shouldn't deserve "one of the best" As a matter of fact and in terms of the accomplishments of Tim. Tim Duncan is surely the best PF of all time

End of the story

A7GpoTeAtNk

Rogue
07-21-2009, 07:35 AM
Damn you, you son of Portugal. You are not as irritating as djohn2oo8 though, who is simply a piece of ****.

Taco
07-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Yo Man check it out ,dawgs sorry for asking this question but why do most people say Timmy is one of the best PFs of all time? yep, my question focuses on the word "one of the best"

Some told me "the postman" is the only PF who could beat Timmy ,well man it doesn't make sense, yup i admit that Karl is definitley one of the best PFs of all time.However, a dude who never had a ring could be named the best PF of all time? (don't tell me the reason why he couldn't have a ring is because he lived in Michael Jordan time) the answer is absolutely "not",it is no doubt that Malone is one of the best PFs but not Timmy .the big fundamental shouldn't deserve "one of the best" As a matter of fact and in terms of the accomplishments of Tim. Tim Duncan is surely the best PF of all time

End of the story

A7GpoTeAtNk

Cool Video, thanks for posting :tu

Evil Angel
07-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Title a bit mis-leading. I thought a flame would be coming.
Nice post!

gm5k
07-21-2009, 07:41 AM
really enjoyed that video. thanks!

I love watching other players gush over Tim :downspin:

Rapper
07-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Because when you say THE best, you can argue it. When you say 'One of the best' you can't.

Well said

But man you got to know that Duncan is obviously the best not one of the best, i mean PF slot

TheProfessor
07-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Damn you, you son of Portugal.
:lol My new favorite insult.

ambchang
07-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Karl Malone was nicknamed mailman, not postman. Or you can call him 14-year-old knocking up immoral choker who would be another Carlos Boozer without John Stockton.

JamStone
07-21-2009, 08:47 AM
I generally hear or read that Tim Duncan is the best or greatest PF in the history of the NBA.

Anytime I hear or read Tim as being "one of the best," it's as a player. One of the best "players" ever. When it comes to power forwards, he's widely regarded as the best in the history of the game.

But, just to argue, I guess because things like this sometimes carry subjective opinions. Maybe someone argues eras. Someone could say that if Duncan played during the mid 80s to the late 90s, he wouldn't have won any titles either behind teams led by Magic, Bird, Isiah, Jordan, and Olajuwon. It's an argument. And, Wilt Chamberlain is often referred to as the best or greatest center in the history of the game despite Bill Russell's many more championships.

But, again, for me, Duncan is generally regarded as "the best" power forward in the history of the game, so I'm not sure why you brought it up in the first place. Even Charles Barkley, whose name could be among the small handful of PFs who could be argued as the best, acknowledges that Duncan is the best ever.

TDMVPDPOY
07-21-2009, 09:54 AM
postman never deliver on sunday

duncan delivers 4 rings bitch

howbouthemspurs
07-21-2009, 09:54 AM
this post was kind of confusing at first but in the end it came clear.

wijayas
07-21-2009, 09:55 AM

End of the story

A7GpoTeAtNk

Thank you for posting the video. It is awesome!!!!!
Tim is the BEST POWER FORWARD of all time. There I said it. :toast :toast :toast

polandprzem
07-21-2009, 10:35 AM
Again and again talks about legacy and being top10, top5, top3

As for Tim and pf position you can argue 2 guys from this position - Karl malone and Bob Pettit and most people wold say that Duncan is better then those two guys.

As a forward, there is only one guy about whom we can say is better then Tim, that's Bird

[it doesn't sound like a good grammar to me] :shootme

Libri
07-21-2009, 11:03 AM
Karl Malone was nicknamed mailman, not postman.
How about USPSman? :)

45 bank shot
07-21-2009, 11:15 AM
"postman", u mean mailman right?

ohmwrecker
07-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Yo, man. Check it out dawgs . . . are you Randy Jackson?

spursfan1000
07-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Nice video man

IcemanCometh
07-21-2009, 11:41 AM
who the fuck is the postman?

rayray2k8
07-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Whaaat? I could barely understand the thread starter...

duncan228
07-21-2009, 11:45 AM
who the fuck is the postman?

https://www.hotmoviesale.com/dvds/1015/1/The-Postman.jpg

SamoanTD
07-21-2009, 11:46 AM
Yo, man. Check it out dawgs . . . are you Randy Jackson?
:lmao

Libri
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
https://www.hotmoviesale.com/dvds/1015/1/The-Postman.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Tim is a better PF than Kevin Costner. :lol

polandprzem
07-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Mr sendman

odcJ-vS22rI

bishopospurs
07-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Thank you for posting the video. It is awesome!!!!!
Tim is the BEST POWER FORWARD of all time. There I said it. :toast :toast :toast
I agree. Is there such a thing as a die hard Jazz fan? I never see them on these boards. I hated the jazz growing up watching them play the spurs in the playoffs. I think all of San Antonio did.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Stop trolling, thanks.