PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm playing NBA 2k9 with the new rosters...

Cry Havoc
07-21-2009, 12:34 PM
And Dallas is typically throwing this (or a close variation) of this lineup at me:

Kidd
Terry
Howard
Marion
Dirk

Now obviously that's atrocious on D and will get posted up on all day, but I'm curious as to thoughts for running a fast paced small ball team? Marion would be a problem for any PF in the league, and Howard is pretty quick compared to most SGs.

I thought it was an interesting set, as that's likely the five best players on the court for Dallas.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 12:38 PM
The best thing to do in 2k9 is play as the Thunder and trade for Orange Juice Mayonnaise and Greg Oden.

iilluzioN
07-21-2009, 04:09 PM
And Dallas is typically throwing this (or a close variation) of this lineup at me:

Kidd
Terry
Howard
Marion
Dirk

Now obviously that's atrocious on D and will get posted up on all day, but I'm curious as to thoughts for running a fast paced small ball team? Marion would be a problem for any PF in the league, and Howard is pretty quick compared to most SGs.

I thought it was an interesting set, as that's likely the five best players on the court for Dallas.

Lets see..

Tony Parker would run around Jason Kid a few times before he goes in for the layup,

Manu, (hope hes heathy) would be manu and I don't see how Terry Could stop him, Also we can put Hill on Terry for Defence

I can see RJ doing a good job keeping howard on Check

Marion? are you fucking kidding me? Tim Duncan and or Antonio McDyess would dominate him. Marion is a no show in playoff times. Did I forget we have blair?

Dirk is a superstar, I'd try to put different people on him rather then Timmy so he don't get into foul trouble, I would try Blair... Forcing Dirk to shoot all the time, maybe Ian aswell

hater
07-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Parker
Hill
Manu
RJ
Ian

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 04:29 PM
The best thing to do in 2k9 is play as the Thunder and trade for Orange Juice Mayonnaise and Greg Oden.

Oden is one oof the best values in fantasy draft on that game. I can land him in round 3 and he'd be rated in the mid 90's by the 3rd year. Grab a legit young PG in the first(Rose) and a good PF with PTL in the second, and you're set forevs.

Speaking of Franchise, who's down for a Madden online Dynasty?

sribb43
07-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Lets see..

Tony Parker would run around Jason Kid a few times before he goes in for the layup,

Manu, (hope hes heathy) would be manu and I don't see how Terry Could stop him, Also we can put Hill on Terry for Defence

Marion? are you fucking kidding me? Tim Duncan and or Antonio McDyess would dominate him. Marion is a no show in playoff times. Did I forget we have blair?
Dirk is a superstar, I'd try to put different people on him rather then Timmy so he don't get into foul trouble, I would try Blair... Forcing Dirk to shoot all the time, maybe Ian aswell

Could a Spur fan be overrating Blair just a little bit.. :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Oden is one oof the best values in fantasy draft on that game. I can land him in round 3 and he'd be rated in the mid 90's by the 3rd year. Grab a legit young PG in the first(Rose) and a good PF with PTL in the second, and you're set forevs.

We both know how valuable those quick as fuck young PG's like Rose and Westbrook are :lol

Also a great value on that game is Brandon Rush. great 6th man. Easy ass shot to time, great defender. This is the best starting lineup on erf:

Westbrook
Mayo
Durant
Green
Oden

Amuseddaysleeper
07-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Is this new roster one you dl'ed from the 2K Roster Share or did they release an official roster update? Just curious

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh, and did I mention Jeff Green is by far the most cheap, easy player to use in that game........ok that's a stretch, Yao Ming has that title :lol

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Is this new roster one you dl'ed from the 2K Roster Share or did they release an official roster update? Just curious
Are they still doing official roster updates for 2k9?

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM

for 360?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM
for 360?

Obviously, who the hell has a Wii or a PS3.

LnGrrrR
07-21-2009, 04:55 PM

:lmao

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM

Gays and Laker fans.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 04:59 PM
for 360?

Of curse son. JT and stretch are getting it. I doubt we coould do a draft, though. 53 rounds is hard.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Gays and Laker fans.

Actually as far as Wiis go middle aged women love those things. To them it's like going to that place Curves.

Hornets1
07-21-2009, 05:04 PM
:lol:toast 360 is :king!

I almost bought a PS3 b/c it works as a blu-ray as well, but I'm happy I didn't. My nephew has the Wii, and it much better for younger kids. Some of the games are really fun(MarioKart), but it gets old....

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Of curse son. JT and stretch are getting it. I doubt we coould do a draft, though. 53 rounds is hard.

Count me in brah.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 05:11 PM
Alright son. We should start it a little befre regular football season. The GM of the Dynasty could set it up for every team too meet befre the playoffs, too. This is DOOABLE with only about 6-10 people. Raiders really suck ass on the game rating wise. I might run with the Eagles.

Hopefully this one is better than 09 and 08.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Alright son. We should start it a little befre regular football season. The GM of the Dynasty could set it up for every team too meet befre the playoffs, too. This is DOOABLE with only about 6-10 people. Raiders really suck ass on the game rating wise. I might run with the Eagles.

Hopefully this one is better than 09 and 08.

Count me in as well.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Dopeness. We need to have it for the AFC and NFC to have equal sides that way more people make it and meet deeper in the playoffs.

Rogue
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Lets see..

But the basketball games are no business of one-on-one contest, it's simply foolish to sort this game into such kind of match-up. This squad with Dirk playing center can hardly work well in the style of half-court play, which can't fit the Spurs any better. So the Mavs won't put this squad in use unless our opponents are the teams with no size, like the Suns, Rickets... etc.

A healthy Manu may probably still be a big threat to whatever team he plays against, but I cannot imagine how you use another player on the other end of floor without breaking the game with a time-out or an intentional foul. You have to choose either Hill or Manu at the 2, but not both, after all the Spurs are not permitted to play volleyball on the basketball court.

TimDunkem
07-21-2009, 05:47 PM
I put Haislip on Dirk. The first thing Haislip did was block his ass.

spursfan1000
07-21-2009, 05:59 PM
NBA 2k9 is garbage, threw it away the other day.

anyways Marion at PF is a bad idea Duncan or Mcdyess will murder him.

Muser
07-21-2009, 06:01 PM
Fuck I never play with the Spurs, they are garbage on 2K9. I roll with the Bulls/Blazers/Thunder.

iilluzioN
07-21-2009, 06:03 PM
But the basketball games are no business of one-on-one contest, it's simply foolish to sort this game into such kind of match-up.

I agree with you, the spurs would kill the mavs without the 1 on 1 match up.

:lol @ mav fans

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Fuck I never play with the Spurs, they are garbage on 2K9. I roll with the Bulls/Blazers/Thunder.

The Spurs are legit if you have the discipline and patience to dump it into Duncan every play.

iggypop123
07-21-2009, 06:10 PM
2k9 is stupid. its so easy to dominate or shoot 3's. and online its easy to bait people into charges. they dont always work, LBJ fouled out in the 4th with 54 8 and 9

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Spurs were much better on 2k8 I wuld score like 50 with BB just doing dribble and drives with TP. Not to mention TD was impossible to block. 2k9 was much different, but, it wasn't for the better.

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 06:23 PM
2k8 was terrible with that crap ass lockdown defense thing where most centers could lock down the quickest guards.

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 06:23 PM

lol 4-1

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 06:26 PM
I just realized all my typo's. Posting from my phone sucks.

ElNono
07-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm curious as to thoughts for running a fast paced small ball team?

Can you name me a team that won a championship in the past decade running fast paced small ball?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 06:29 PM
lol 4-1

I'm playing 2k9 right now as the Thunder and the Celtics are fuckin annoying. Yeah I know KG is good but he shouldn't be able to block everything he's near and grab every single defensive rebound. And there's no fuckin way Ray Allen should be able to stay in front of the Juiceman as well as he does.

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Do you ever play online?

Findog
07-21-2009, 06:34 PM

The Mavs own the Spurs. Some gay guy that used to play for the Nets, a 2nd round pick without ACLs and Grandpa McDyess don't change that. You should really figure out what the topic is before you comment.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 06:34 PM
You guys know what game was disappointing? FNR4. I should have expected it with EA making it and all. But, still. I wasn't that disappointed since GTA4.

crc21209
07-21-2009, 06:37 PM
The Mavs own the Spurs. Some gay guy that used to play for the Nets, a 2nd round pick without ACLs and Grandpa McDyess don't change that. You should really figure out what the topic is before you comment.

4:lobt2: > 0.

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 06:37 PM
You guys know what game was disappointing? FNR4. I should have expected it with EA making it and all. But, still. I wasn't that disappointed since GTA4.

I love it. I'm probably going to trade Street Fighter 4 in towards credit for Madden 10 since I haven't touched that game since about a week after it came out.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Bro, go to xboox360iso.com, enter the tutooriols area, and read up n how to hacl yur 360. orr, look up craigslist and find someone who hacks them in your are for 30 bucks. Only thing I ever buy now are sharpies and verbayim dvd's 20 pack for 30 bucks.

Findog
07-21-2009, 06:45 PM
4:lobt2: > 0.

four rings, faggot!!!!!!

iilluzioN
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
lol 4-1

:lol you forgot to add your western conference title bitch

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt: = Spurs

:bang = Mavs

iilluzioN
07-21-2009, 06:47 PM
The Mavs own the Spurs

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Bro, go to xboox360iso.com, enter the tutooriols area, and read up n how to hacl yur 360. orr, look up craigslist and find someone who hacks them in your are for 30 bucks.

It seems kinda iffy, but if I did, I'd get someone else to do it. I'd end up messing it up.

Only thing I ever buy now are sharpies.

There's a messican joke here.

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Better be for PS3, and then I am in.

lol fail

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Look up craigslist, that's what I did. I was at some guys house for abut 15 minutes before he was done. I was way more iffy than you were, too. This guy lived like in one of the worst parts out here. The sharpie thing might have been god if I was a girl:lol

dirk4mvp
07-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Can't they like brick your console if you get on live?

anonoftheinternets
07-21-2009, 07:01 PM
MY XBOX HAS THE RING OF DEATH.

What do I do? I need Help. I need it to get FIXED.

if u bought it less than 3 years ago, M$ will fix for free, give u one month full warrently after its fixed. Provide all the boxes blah blah, keep u updated daily. I was shocked they did it so well. They returned it in a week like brand new.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 07:03 PM
lol ps3

I was so happy when I sold mine.

Balkman, if you do join, no talking about your social life.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Can't they like brick your console if you get on live?

As loong as you verify all games through abgx360, yoour safe.

anonoftheinternets
07-21-2009, 07:05 PM
How do I know how long ago I got it? I have no clue. Where do I check?

thers a serial number in the back, just go to m$ website ..and there shud be a area for u to enter that serial number, and they will take care of the rest ...

try this link

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/LiveIDSignIn.aspx?redirectUrl=http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/registerdevice.aspx?step=repair

and "repair ur xbox" entry on the left menu at the bottom...

iggypop123
07-21-2009, 07:33 PM
if you mod your xbox its really random as far as bans. there is no full proof way to get by. sometimes its just a random ban.
ps3- why the hate. love me some blu ray movies, uncharted 2. i guess im the only one who will enjoy god of war 3

Spursfan092120
07-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Dopeness. We need to have it for the AFC and NFC to have equal sides that way more people make it and meet deeper in the playoffs.
I'm down...bring my Cowboys to the top, baybee. :D Madden 2010, right?

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Of coourse 10. 09 was so terrible there wasn't even a point of making an online franchise. yoou guys think we could doo a fantasy draft, or 53 roounds is too much work?

TimDunkem
07-21-2009, 08:29 PM
Moded Xbox 360s dont work on live. If you get caught you are FINISHED FOREVERRRR.

My bro has a moded one and cant go on live.
That's funny since I have a couple of friends with a modded 360. I used to have one myself. None of us have had any problems playing online.

LnGrrrR
07-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I'm going to rent Madden 2010 to make sure it doesn't suck balls before I get it, but if I do, I'll play as the Pats. :D

Findog
07-21-2009, 08:45 PM
am a dumbass

What else do you call winning the last two playoff series between the two teams and winning the majority of the regular season games?

Mavs own the Spurs. STFU unless you can demonstrate otherwise.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-21-2009, 08:53 PM
Even with updated rosters the Spurs are still listed as crap in the team ratings on NBA 2k9.

And Dirk4mvp, I'm not sure if they're still doing roster updates officially. I'd assume they would until 2K10 comes out.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't think they update rosters once the season is over. Maybe I am used to shit fest EA with Madden.

J.T.
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM

Sons I'm getting it at midnight on release day. Yeah boy.

KidCongo
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't think they update rosters once the season is over. Maybe I am used to shit fest EA with Madden.

They don't but you can do it yourself and change the salaries of new FA's or download them off 2k Share. I got a Hornets 'chise going right now. Pick 'n' Pop game with David West is so easy. They either trap CP3 or you turn the corner and drive or hit the mid range J or find a wide open West.

Quick question, don't wanna go to off topic but why the hate for the PS3, I sold my 360 than bought a PS3 about 6 months ago, I've thought I made the right decision. No RROD, no expensive wireless thing for 360 as it's built in the PS, no cost to get online and no shitty sounding disc drive.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Sons I'm getting it at midnight on release day. Yeah boy.

I'll still have it a couple of days before yoou.

And beholf the king, cause in America, everyone has a 360. Maybe in Zimbabwe, more people have ps3.

Cry Havoc
07-21-2009, 10:51 PM
:lmao at people claiming dominance.

Maybe you guys should play with realistic sliders and talk. It's a lot different when you can't rely on one play for the entire game.

GuerillaBlack
07-22-2009, 12:50 AM
When I play with the Blazers on 2k9, I block almost everything that comes my way. It's crazy. Aldridge, Oden, Outlaw, and even Pryzbilla are beasts with their reach in the game. When I'm with the Rockets, it's like Yao Ming is a cheat code. He's easily the best player in 2k9.

KidCongo
07-22-2009, 01:20 AM
I just got blown the fuck out by the Thunder on the first night of a back to back against them.

Don't you hate when you go for O boards they just keep taping it back up in the air and when the other team seems to get every deflection and they end up with fast break dunks.

GuerillaBlack
07-22-2009, 01:21 AM
I hate playing against Dallas, because Jason Kidd steals the ball away from me. Throwing it in from out of bounds, passes, even rebounding. I hate Jason Kidd.

MaNu4Tres
07-22-2009, 01:26 AM
If anyone wants to get taught a lesson or two in 2k...come play me Bigespurs7

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 01:26 AM
When I play with the Blazers on 2k9, I block almost everything that comes my way. It's crazy. Aldridge, Oden, Outlaw, and even Pryzbilla are beasts with their reach in the game. When I'm with the Rockets, it's like Yao Ming is a cheat code. He's easily the best player in 2k9.

Again, edit the sliders so that the game plays realistically.

I'll never understand gamers who buy a sports sim and then proceed to exclaim with glee when they average 12 blocks per game for a season.

Even with updated rosters the Spurs are still listed as crap in the team ratings on NBA 2k9.

And Dirk4mvp, I'm not sure if they're still doing roster updates officially. I'd assume they would until 2K10 comes out.

Really? Jefferson is a beast in 2k9, and Blair is slow but he's awesome as well for his rating, the guy is impossible to move in the post. I think the Spurs are probably the 2nd highest ranked team after the roster update.

FWIW, I downloaded one of the user roster updates, not the official EA one, which sucks so far and doesn't include any new trades.

GuerillaBlack
07-22-2009, 01:43 AM
Again, edit the sliders so that the game plays realistically.

I'll never understand gamers who buy a sports sim and then proceed to exclaim with glee when they average 12 blocks per game for a season.

Done already.

And who is shouting with glee or bragging about stats?

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 02:10 AM
When is NBA 2k10 coming out?

Chieflion
07-22-2009, 06:08 AM
When is NBA 2k10 coming out?
Mid October.

Shank
07-22-2009, 07:32 AM
Bro, go to xboox360iso.com, enter the tutooriols area, and read up n how to hacl yur 360. orr, look up craigslist and find someone who hacks them in your are for 30 bucks. Only thing I ever buy now are sharpies and verbayim dvd's 20 pack for 30 bucks.

Agreed. I had mine flashed about a month ago.

You can find those that work on 360s on Craigslist. In the DFW area, go to www.wayayeo.net. Good guy, GREAT work. $29. Well worth it if you know what you're doing once it's been flashed.

IronMexican
07-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Mid October.

Early Ctober is more like it. 2k9 came out on October 7th. It usually comes out oon the second or first tuesday of October.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Ugh I miss videogames. haven't bought a game since NCAA 08 for PS2 :(

IronMexican
07-22-2009, 11:21 AM
Funny. I am playing NCAA 10 a lot. Fun game. I am trying to bring Tennessee to the top right now. It should be a lot easier than Army.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Early Ctober is more like it. 2k9 came out on October 7th. It usually comes out oon the second or first tuesday of October.

I'm so pumped for how good the Thunder will be.