PDA

View Full Version : Oh YUCK!!!

mrsmaalox
07-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Woman finds frog in frozen veggies

Posted: July 20, 2009 06:02 PM CDT

TYLER, TX (KLTV) - Chasity Erbaugh was heating up a Great Value brand of steamable green beans - making lunch for her kids when she discovered a nasty surprise.

"Thank goodness I had put butter in the bottom of the bowl," said Erbaugh. "I went to stir it and there's this brown clump."

After a close examination, Erbaugh was sick to her stomach at what she discovered. The "brown clump" was part of a frog. That's right. She found the whole front end of a frog, with the spinal cord and everything attached, in her green beans. The frog's tongue was even hanging out.

"That's a frog!" she said. "Or worse than that, it's part of a frog - 75% of it. They didn't even give me the frog legs with it."

Chasity bought the beans from the Walmart on Troup Highway. We gave the lot numbers to the health department, and Monday afternoon, they had the store pull the rest of the bags from that lot.

"What we try to do is coordinate with the manufacturer inspectors to make sure we can track it from our store back to the factory where it was made and back to the lot," said Brenda Elrod with the Northeast Texas Public Health District.

Since being made aware of the incident, a Food and Drug officer is now sending the complaint up to the FDA.

"When you're washing field vegetables, you're going to get certain little pieces and parts, but we certainly don't want something so large you can identify what it is."

As for Erbaugh, she says from now on, it's fresh veggies only.

"Do you know how much my grocery bill is about to go up?" said Erbaugh. "It really is. That is disgusting. I'm not buying that! I'm not buying any of them."

The Smith County Health Department told us anything that might make you sick, such as a frog, would probably have been destroyed in the cooking process. They say always do just what Chasity did, which is look closely at your food and check it before eating. We contacted Walmart but so far they have not sent a statement.

video here:
http://www.kltv.com/global/story.asp?s=10758038

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2009, 01:01 PM
exactly the reason why i don't buy canned anything.

mrsmaalox
07-21-2009, 01:02 PM
exactly the reason why i don't buy canned anything.

It was a bag of frozen veggies.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
oops. i forgot to put "as well" at the end of that.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 01:09 PM
Did anyne watch Bum Fights2? Where that guy ate an entire frog for some pricey guitar?

JudynTX
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Don't they taste like chicken?

hater
07-21-2009, 01:12 PM
stir fried veggies with frog sounds delicious

angel_luv
07-21-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh Gross!!!!!!!!!!

mrsmaalox
07-21-2009, 01:30 PM
But that woman is funny. Nice attitude "and they didn't even give me the frog legs!" :lol

BlackSwordsMan
07-21-2009, 01:38 PM
what a cunt just throw it away and buy some more

Johnson
07-21-2009, 02:04 PM
when I was around 21, I opened a new bottle of Pepsi, took a small sip...

something registered in the back of my mind but it didn't click right then...

took another small sip, then it dawned on me... something was bumping against my lip ever so gently....

there was a huge roach floating inside the Pepsi bottle.

angel_luv
07-21-2009, 02:06 PM
when I was around 21, I opened a new bottle of Pepsi, took a small sip...

something registered in the back of my mind but it didn't click right then...

took another small sip, then it dawned on me... something was bumping against my lip ever so gently....

there was a huge roach floating inside the Pepsi bottle.

:vomit:That does it! I am done reading this thread.

One parting story though- when I was around ten I refused to eat Hershey Chocolate candy bars for several years, after seeing a segment on the news about a lady who found a whole worm in her candy bar.

manufan10
07-21-2009, 02:07 PM
:lol

At least she didn't have to worry about cooking some meat with the meal! :D

JudynTX
07-21-2009, 02:14 PM
:lol

At least she didn't have to worry about cooking some meat with the meal! :D

:lol Hi friend.

Dex
07-21-2009, 02:25 PM
"When you're washing field vegetables, you're going to get certain little pieces and parts, but we certainly don't want something so large you can identify what it is."

This quote does not exactly instill me with confidence.

The Gemini Method
07-21-2009, 02:53 PM
When I was a young lad, I played AYSO soccer and for an aftergame snack, I picked up one of those Kudos bars and proceeded to open it. When I took a bit I noticed something wriggling in the remainder of the Kudos bar and it was a number of maggots. Suffice to say, I have never eaten a Kudos bar since then >shudders<

Frenzy
07-21-2009, 02:59 PM

This quote does not exactly instill me with confidence.

factory boss: you idiot you were suppose to chop up the frogs finely so they cant tell what it is! This is your 3rd written.

manufan10
07-21-2009, 03:00 PM
:lol Hi friend.

Hello. :toast

manufan10
07-21-2009, 03:03 PM
What brand was this? I think I'm going to pick up a bag. You can never go wrong with frog.

JudynTX
07-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Hello. :toast

No flirting. :nope:rollin

in2deep
07-21-2009, 03:12 PM
I once bought those frozen boxes that had sliced steak for steak n cheese. I almost died. Seriously. I was sick with fever for 3 days. Never ever go near any of those frozen meat in a box.

mookie2001
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/11100/_1228342639.jpg
Sick...

manufan10
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM
No flirting. :nope:rollin

We don't want to anger these guys:

http://cdn.wolfire.com/blog/Wolfire%20Forum%20Police.png