PDA

View Full Version : Nowitzki day-to-day?

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
..or coach Avery did a Nelson trick "day-to-day" but then Dick shows up playing the game?

how bad is Dirk's injury, anyway? :rolleyes

source: http://www.CNNSi.com

Nowitzki's MRI turns out fine
Posted: Wednesday April 6, 2005 8:10PM; Updated: Wednesday April 6, 2005 8:10PM

DALLAS (AP) -- Dallas Mavericks forward Dirk Nowitzki's right knee is only sore after a scary looking tumble.

An MRI taken Wednesday afternoon showed no damage.

Nowitzki, the only player in the league ranked in the top 10 in both scoring and rebounding, was hurt in the closing minutes of a Dallas victory Tuesday night when he was undercut by Orlando's Andre Barrett. He later said his knee "felt weird."

Nowitzki received treatment on his knee while teammates practiced Wednesday. He also had work done on his right ankle, which also took him off the court against the Magic. That's a recurring problem, though, and he receives frequent treatment on it.
"He's doing OK," coach Avery Johnson said after Wednesday's workout, before Nowitzki's MRI was taken. "We'll just have to see. He's day-to-day." :rolleyes

The Mavericks play Thursday night against division rival San Antonio.

ducks
04-06-2005, 10:38 PM
if aj has a brain he sits him because they go no where in the playoffs without him

milkyway21
04-06-2005, 10:43 PM
if aj has a brain he sits him because they go no where in the playoffs without him..mouse said the Mavs got Van Horn :rolleyes

adrienne
04-06-2005, 10:59 PM
All you cynics, man. He was hurt when he was undercut by some Orlando player, but he continued to play and the MRI showed no damage so I would expect that he would play tomorrow.

ducks
04-06-2005, 11:02 PM
All you cynics, man. He was hurt when he was undercut by some Orlando player, but he continued to play and the MRI showed no damage so I would expect that he would play tomorrow.

that takes brains this late in the season
he could have hurt it more had the mri came back with damage

Kori Ellis
04-06-2005, 11:35 PM
The MRI on Dirk Nowitzki showed no structural damage to his right knee, which he said felt "weird" after Tuesday's game against Orlando.

Nowitzki, who also tweaked his back and right ankle in the game, will play tonight.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/registration/register.jsp?fw=http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/040705dnspomavslede.1912c.html

T Park
04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Good for him.

Hopefully he plays, so IF the Spurs beat the Mavericks I dont want Mouse and Adirenne in here whining and making excuses.

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 12:17 AM
Good for him.

Hopefully he plays, so IF the Spurs beat the Mavericks I dont want Mouse and Adirenne in here whining and making excuses...yeah!:D

..AND all of mouse's 10 login names:lol

milkyway21
04-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Kori confirmed the other day he had 10. i just don't know which one. ..

ladiesman
04-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Good for him.

Hopefully he plays, so IF the Spurs beat the Mavericks I dont want Mouse and Adirenne in here whining and making excuses.

If this was the outcome....

Excuse #1 The refs.....
Excuse #2 Bowen kicked Finley, that is why he retaliated and was t'd-off
Excuse #3?