PDA

View Full Version : The Hoop Doctors Power Rankings: San Antonio #1

joyner
07-21-2009, 02:42 PM
1. San Antonio Spurs
The best team in the NBA will undoubtedly be the San Antonio Spurs. They will hopefully have a healthy Big 3 and added much needed athleticism by acquiring Richard Jefferson. San Antonio now boasts the best starting five in the NBA (Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Duncan).

The rest of the post can be found here: http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2009/07/summer-2009-nba-power-rankings/

DBMethos
07-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Clippers #10. That's all you need to know.

Muser
07-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Horrible, horrible list.

bigdog
07-21-2009, 03:28 PM
That is an absolutely disgusting list.

easy7
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
:nutkick: Bad list...

vander
07-21-2009, 03:43 PM
not a bad list, I agree with Orlando at #2, ahead of LA, their frontcourt is scary and deep with the addition of Anderson and Bass.

and the Clips will surprise people if they can stay healthy, I think they'll be over .500.

anakha
07-21-2009, 04:08 PM
and the Clips will surprise people if they can stay healthy, I think they'll be over .500.

Not while their current coach is on the bench.

EricB
07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
The same coach that took em to the second round and almost a western conference finals berth three years ago?

anakha
07-21-2009, 05:15 PM
The same coach that took em to the second round and almost a western conference finals berth three years ago?

The same coach the team visibly quit on this past season? The same coach who had Baron Davis, Eric Gordon, Al Thornton, and the Kaman/Camby/Randolph frontline and still couldn't win 20 games?

I'd argue Cassell had more to do with that playoff run than Dunleavy himself.

spursfaninla
07-21-2009, 05:24 PM
If the clippers are healthy, they are a borderline playoff team, BUT that might have more to do with the other teams being bad, rather than their being good.

We will see. They might need a coach change.

noob cake
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Rockets #4th worst team in the league; awesome. Lotto land here we come.

carrao45
07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Having Boston below Cleveland, and Orlando at #2 destroys the credibility of the list

Muser
07-21-2009, 05:45 PM
Lakers are the defending champs, I don't care who they've lost/gained they are number 1 until/if they get knocked out of the playoffs next season.

Seventyniner
07-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Clippers #10, 'nuff said. Can I get paid to draw names out of a hat too?

What do y'all think about the "best starting 5 in the NBA"? What's more important is the finishing 5, of course (only pertains to the Spurs, with Mason starting and Manu finishing). I'd give that to Boston right now, with the Lakers, Spurs, Magic, and Cavs rounding out the top five in that order.

rayray2k8
07-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Lakers are the defending champs, I don't care who they've lost/gained they are number 1 until/if they get knocked out of the playoffs next season.

Wow, some of you are judging this article by team overall, when the guy is talking about off-season moves
made by teams around the league.

So the Lakers had a better off-season than the Spurs? Even if the Lakers re-sign Odom, the spurs
improved and gained the most this summer.

Read the entire thing before you guys go flaming people. :rolleyes

45 bank shot
07-21-2009, 06:40 PM
this is some crazy doctor

vander
07-21-2009, 06:41 PM

that philosophy is a load of crap, and a lazy cop-out. would you put the former champs as #1 if the team was disassembled? what if Gasol was out for the next year with an injury.
were the Bulls the team to beat in 99?

you judge the teams based on their current talent, not past accomplishments, and if the Lakers don't get Odom back, they are not the most dangerous team, or #1, or whatever you want to call it.

B-Hath
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
I personally don't see the point in power rankings until rosters are a little finalized. He loses all credibility when he says "This team could be in trouble if they no longer have this player or that player." This guy brings nothing but truckloads of fail.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I prefer lists like this versus the tired approach of looking at last years playoff outcomes and more or less making the rankings accordingly.

He does put a lot of stock into player development and I think in some cases he puts too much stock into rookie performance but most of the changes from the mindless conventional wisdom are based on personnel changes and incoming rookies.

Another example is the health factor. He basically ranks us and the Clips so high under the assumption that both teams will be healthy. You have to admit we have a damn good starting 5.

Ariel
07-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Rockets @ 27?
Pistons @ 24?
Hornets @ 14?
Bulls @ 9?

:rolleyes

Horrible, horrible list...

Disturbed
07-21-2009, 10:15 PM

No I believe Sam Cassell is coaching with the Wizards now because hes the one that ran that show that year. Dunleavy is terrible I dont know how he still has that job.

Chieflion
07-22-2009, 06:11 AM
No I believe Sam Cassell is coaching with the Wizards now because hes the one that ran that show that year. Dunleavy is terrible I dont know how he still has that job.
Dunleavy still has that job because Magic Johnson made him look so good in 1991.

Strike
07-22-2009, 06:19 AM
23. Phoenix Suns
The Suns have been descending the last two seasons and it started with the Shaq trade. Their future is not very bright with this current collection and they will be looking to unload anyone and everyone. Phoenix should be able to get a king’s ransom for Steve Nash, Jason Richardson, and Amar’e Stoudemire and if GM Steve Kerr plays his cards right the Suns should be good again after he is fired.

:lmao

bishopospurs
07-22-2009, 10:07 AM
that philosophy is a load of crap, and a lazy cop-out. would you put the former champs as #1 if the team was disassembled? what if Gasol was out for the next year with an injury.
were the Bulls the team to beat in 99?

you judge the teams based on their current talent, not past accomplishments, and if the Lakers don't get Odom back, they are not the most dangerous team, or #1, or whatever you want to call it.
It is a cop-opt. I still can't believe LA got best Champion of the year at the ESPY's, at of all Champions in every major sport were the Lakers the only team people new?

SpuronyourFace
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Well...I agree with #1 at least