PDA

View Full Version : Hell's Kitchen / Top Chef

Pages : [1] 2

Chef Ramsay
07-21-2009, 07:14 PM
It's on and I'm taking no prisoners this season!!!
They bloody hell better get it right.

http://images.tvrage.net/shows/4/3828.jpg

Vinnie_Johnson
07-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Rubbish.

Supreme_Being
07-22-2009, 12:45 AM
You're going bonkers, mate.

JoeChalupa
07-22-2009, 09:49 AM
I watched it.

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2009, 09:54 AM
I watched it too. I hope Ramsey beats the shit out of that douche ex-Marine guy.

Dex
07-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Bunch of fat cows, the lot of you!

So they went all out trying to rope people in for next week. Fires, fights, blood, ambulances...I bet it's not nearly as exciting as the flashy commercials make it out to be.

Gordon needs to deck that punk Joseph, too.

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2009, 09:57 AM
I like how every week they say it's "the greatest Hell's Kitchen EVER!" and it always just ends up being another regular episode. But there are plenty of douche bags this season.

JoeChalupa
07-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I wanted to see some ass kicking.

fraga
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure WTF is wrong with that one guy who's always popping his top...dude...STFU...you wanted to be there...and now he's copping and attitude with everyone INCLUDING Gordon Ramsey...he needs to go...that outburst at the end was just disrespectful to everyone...

angel_luv
07-22-2009, 12:31 PM
I missed the episode last night unfortunately. I love Hell's Kitchen. Great show!

Dex
07-22-2009, 12:42 PM
I missed the episode last night unfortunately. I love Hell's Kitchen. Great show!

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=hellskitchen

:toast

SpursWoman
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
I watched it too. I hope Ramsey beats the shit out of that douche ex-Marine guy.

:tu

Where the hell did they find that psycho? That dude has some serious anger issues. That guy from Texas had some issues of his own, too.

SpursWoman
07-22-2009, 12:46 PM
And I'm glad that chick with the stupid-ass facial expressions was the first to go. I don't know how much eyes-popping-wide-open like she just got something big and wide shoved up her ass I could take. :nerd

angel_luv
07-22-2009, 12:48 PM

Thank you very much! :)

ididnotnothat
07-22-2009, 02:09 PM
And I'm glad that chick with the stupid-ass facial expressions was the first to go. I don't know how much eyes-popping-wide-open like she just got something big and wide shoved up her ass I could take. :nerd

I don't think I have ever seen anyone look as frightened of working in HK than Melissa... she really did have a deer in the headlights look. Good choice Ramsey.

Silver21_Black20
07-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Love this show. The one thing that is freaking me out about this season is when one of the guys slices the tips of his fingers off. Gross!

leemajors
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM

hulu too.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-22-2009, 02:59 PM
I can't shake the feeling that the psycho picking a fight is all sorts of staged.

johnsmith
07-22-2009, 03:24 PM
I can't shake the feeling that the psycho picking a fight is all sorts of staged.

I agree 100%..............still a good show though.

PM5K
07-22-2009, 05:24 PM

I think some people are just fucking idiots, but you could easily be right.

Dex
07-22-2009, 06:19 PM
:tu

Where the hell did they find that psycho? That dude has some serious anger issues. That guy from Texas had some issues of his own, too.

Yeah, that Dallas guy cracks me up, but he's definitely a loose cannon. Tha was awesome when he almost got into a fight with Jean-Phillipe.

JP is such a gangsta.

JoeChalupa
07-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Anyone else watching tonight?

PakiDan
07-28-2009, 07:19 PM
Anyone else watching tonight?

Yup!! Damn Garlic Bread!

JoeChalupa
07-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Why didn't he send Tenile home!?!? That would have been Lovely!

JudynTX
07-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Yeah, that Dallas guy cracks me up, but he's definitely a loose cannon. Tha was awesome when he almost got into a fight with Jean-Phillipe.

JP is such a gangsta.

I thought fists were going to fly between those two. :lol

Yup!! Damn Garlic Bread!

How hard is it to make garlic bread? Damn!

Why didn't he send Tenile home!?!? That would have been Lovely!

:lol

Dr. Gonzo
07-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Lovely and Tenile can't cook for shit. I think that bald buy and the dude Jim have real good shots of winning. The chick with the freckles is pretty good too.

JudynTX
07-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Lovely and Tenile can't cook for shit. I think that bald buy and the dude Jim have real good shots of winning. The chick with the freckles is pretty good too.

I think that's Ariel, and yeah she can cook, I'm rooting for her. :tu

leemajors
07-29-2009, 08:47 AM
I think Ramsey is still Marco Pierre White's bitch, seeing as dude made him cry as his boss on several occasions.

desflood
07-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I like Dave. Have to be decently tough to be a server with a newly fractured wrist. That hurts like hell (no pun intended). And I think he's a better chef than he showed in the premiere. He's a bit of a slow-talker, sure, but his brain obviously works faster than his mouth.

What's with the chick that can't multiply? Is she that easily flustered or actually that dumb? Either way, she won't make it very far.

JoeChalupa
07-29-2009, 09:06 AM
I think that's Ariel, and yeah she can cook, I'm rooting for her. :tu

Yeah, she took charge and I think she'll go far.

Dex
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
laaaaaaame.

There was no fight, or fire, or nothin'. All a bunch of hooplah.

I think it will come down to Ariel and Kevin. Robert's flubbin' it up.

easjer
07-29-2009, 12:16 PM
1. I was sure dude was going to burn the garlic bread when I heard he had cranked up the oven to 500. I didn't understand why there weren't 2 or more people helping cut and butter the bread and then jumping back to their station. If you can't serve the pasta until the garlic bread is out, why are you starting the pasta? It's gonna overcook on you. Srsly.

2. I like Robert, but he also grates. I want him to do well, but he needs to get his head in the game and be focused.

3. The two guys with injuries are bad asses for making that work.

4. Suzanne may be annoying, but at least as shown, she has always been right. I'd listen up, no matter how bitchy you think she is.

5. To be fair to the girl who couldn't multiply - I would probably be caught off guard by the British '12 3's' as opposed to the American '12 times 3' - I think she's a little slow with her math, but I also think she didn't understand what Ramsay was asking at first.

6. I do not think this is a great show, but I think it is a highly entertaining show.

TDomination
07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
This season is turning out to be pretty exciting. I'm liking suzanne for some reason on the red side. And on the blue, I'm liking Kevin, hopefully he can last with those bum ankles.

angrydude
07-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I love this show. People just crack like eggs under the pressure.

JudynTX
07-29-2009, 12:53 PM
Do they have to cook the same dishes every week? Scallops, risotto, etc? :rolleyes

easjer
07-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Yep. They aren't chefs so much as line cooks. Towards the end, they get to make their own dishes and menus . . . but the fact that Season 2 winner Heather is the sous chef for the red team should show you exactly what the 'prizes' for this show are all about.

It's not a legit cooking competition like some of the others, but it is entertaining anyway.

JoeChalupa
08-12-2009, 09:24 AM
Tek is gone and looks likes Tenille goes on a rampage next week.

JudynTX
08-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Tek is gone and looks likes Tenille goes on a rampage next week.

It looked like Tenille wanted to punch Chef Ramsay in the face. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Ariel looks a little like Angel Luv.

While I hope Tenille's gone next week I can't shake the fear that she'll be like Lacey and induce enough drama that they'll find excuses to keep her around when no one really wants her there.

JudynTX
08-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Ariel looks a little like Angel Luv.

While I hope Tenille's gone next week I can't shake the fear that she'll be like Lacey and induce enough drama that they'll find excuses to keep her around when no one really wants her there.

And it looks like Robert gets sick again. :wow

desflood
08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
And it looks like Robert gets sick again. :wow
That shouldn't be a shock to anyone. He left last season due to heart problems and came back bigger this season. Boy needs to take care of his weight problems before he even considers continuing in such a high-stress career, or he's going to leave his new wife a widow at a very young age.

easjer
08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Ditto desflood.

I was thinking, after that . . . maybe it's time to consider a walk every day or something, you know? That kind of heart condition isn't going to get better unless he loses some weight, and that could be kind of hard if he can't put a lot of exertion on his heart. But basic weight lifting and walking could help a lot.

JoeChalupa
08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
That shouldn't be a shock to anyone. He left last season due to heart problems and came back bigger this season. Boy needs to take care of his weight problems before he even considers continuing in such a high-stress career, or he's going to leave his new wife a widow at a very young age.

I agree.

JoeChalupa
08-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Ariel has some nice cleavage. Robert looks like he's gone due to health issues and Jim was sent packing and took his "dead corpse" ass home.

BacktoBasics
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
This show turned to shit. It used to be on point and pertinent but now its just relegated itself to shock TV. Its not about what the show should really be about its all about the yelling and the confrontations. Scripted and forces I might add. I'm disappointed because I enjoyed the edgy side of the show because there was something likable and real about it. Nothing more than a live action cartoon now.

JudynTX
08-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Ariel has some nice cleavage. Robert looks like he's gone due to health issues and Jim was sent packing and took his "dead corpse" ass home.

I missed it. What happened to Robert?

JoeChalupa
08-19-2009, 09:38 AM
This show turned to shit. It used to be on point and pertinent but now its just relegated itself to shock TV. Its not about what the show should really be about its all about the yelling and the confrontations. Scripted and forces I might add. I'm disappointed because I enjoyed the edgy side of the show because there was something likable and real about it. Nothing more than a live action cartoon now.

Stop your whining and bitching.
I admit it is not the best but I still like watching it.

JoeChalupa
08-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I missed it. What happened to Robert?

They lost to the women and they had to go get some supplies but had to ride some weird ass bike and Robert was literally dying while pedaling up a hill.
Sure enough he had to go to the hospital.

08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
They lost to the women and they had to go get some supplies but had to ride some weird ass bike and Robert was literally dying while pedaling up a hill.

Watched it on DVR last night and during the "previews" for next week paused it when they had all the chef's lined up for service. Robert is back for that.

clambake
08-19-2009, 10:15 AM
not one of those people seem capable to run a restaurant.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Jim got a raw deal. I don't think he had a real chance of winning this whole thing but he wasn't the worst last night. He fucked up plenty, but the guy on the fish station blew it bad and fucked up just as bad in the earlier challenge. Plus he's a douche. "Sorry Jim, but you don't make for good television. Peace out." Guess old Gordon would take Garnett over Duncan too.

And I'm starting to lean to B2B's way of thinking. When easjer turned me on to this a few seasons ago it was pretty good stuff. They'd throw together a decent group of cooks, there were usually a few surprise dark horses, a few clear cut favorites, and a few slack asses that had no business there. This year it looks like the have maybe one or two people who won't make complete asses of themselves on a regular basis and a pack of fuck ups who are good for manufacturing drama.

I felt like the psycho who got in Ramsey's face was scripted and after another week of Tenille interviews that look and sound like she's reading off a cue card while attempting to sound angry, I'm beginning to think the worst there too. At the rate this show's going I say there's a 50/50 chance that we'll see Stephen A. Smith there next season.

easjer
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
My love for Gordon Ramsey remains fully intact though, and that is the only reason I ever watched.

JudynTX
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
My love for Gordon Ramsey remains fully intact though, and that is the only reason I ever watched.

+1

New season of Top Chef - Las Vegas starts tonight. :toast

mexicanjunior
08-19-2009, 03:25 PM

Gordon really screwed Robert over with that bike fiasco. He knew Robert's condition wouldn't be able to handle that kind of activity. I would have been pissed if I was the other chef's for losing Robert to such a stupid punishment...

JoeChalupa
08-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Gordon really screwed Robert over with that bike fiasco. He knew Robert's condition wouldn't be able to handle that kind of activity. I would have been pissed if I was the other chef's for losing Robert to such a stupid punishment...

Yeah, you could see that coming a mile away. He was doing okay too. I was ready for one of the other guys to start telling him to pedal harder but I think they all knew he was doing the best he could.

JoeChalupa
08-19-2009, 03:29 PM
+1

New season of Top Chef - Las Vegas starts tonight. :toast

That's right. :tu

JudynTX
08-19-2009, 04:27 PM
That's right. :tu

It's Vegas baby!!!

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
Rick Bayless won Top Chef Masters last night. His food looked so good!
He's gotta be half-hispanic. :D

And someone already won $15,000 on the new Top Chef - Las Vegas.

JoeChalupa
08-20-2009, 12:44 PM

Yeah, I watched that last night. I never knew that Michael Chiarello had such an ego. On the challenge to see who made it to the final round he didn't trust them at all. I'm glad Rick won.

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I watched that last night. I never knew that Michael Chiarello had such an ego. On the challenge to see who made it to the final round he didn't trust them at all. I'm glad Rick won.

Yea, I didn't know Michael was such a jackass.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2009, 01:20 PM
I never knew that Michael Chiarello had such an ego.

Yea, I didn't know Michael was such a jackass.

How could you not know? His douchey ego is why I could never stand his PBS shows, even though a lot of his food looked good.

Silver21_Black20
08-20-2009, 01:23 PM

I looooove Rick Bayless!

JudynTX
08-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I looooove Rick Bayless!

A friend of mine insisted I go to his restaurant in Chicago last November, but we didn't and now I regret it.

leemajors
08-20-2009, 01:26 PM
rick seems like a genuinely nice guy, although the judges on that show had me fast forwarding past the deliberations every week. didn't catch the new top chef yet, but i look forward to padma, err the show later.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I was really happy Rick Bayless won. I've liked him ever since "Mexico: One Plate at a Time."

Silver21_Black20
08-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I was really happy Rick Bayless won. I've liked him ever since "Mexico: One Plate at a Time."

I thought Top Chef was a show kinda like Hell's Kitchen with up and coming chefs. I wish I could have seen last nights episode.

"Mexico: One Plate at a Time" still comes on PBS here. I DVR it. :)

leemajors
08-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I thought Top Chef was a show kinda like Hell's Kitchen with up and coming chefs. I wish I could have seen last nights episode.

IMO it's just a much better show. Talent level is considerably higher, and the guest judges are usually pretty good. I really hope Ming Tsai is back this season for an episode, he is awesome. I really dig his shows on PBS as well. I did see Wolfgang Puck is a guest judge, which should be awesome. And Top Chef has Padma.

CuckingFunt
08-20-2009, 01:39 PM

The regular "Top Chef" features up and coming chefs, but is a different format than "Hell's Kitchen" -- the focus is more on executive chefs than line chefs and they are responsible for creating their own dishes, not just working for someone else.

"Top Chef: Masters" was a special version of the show, though, that had big names competing for charity. That's what Bayless won last night.

JoeChalupa
08-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Rick Bayless won Top Chef Masters which was a contest for charity between Top Chefs.
Top Chefs is the show with up and coming chefs.

It really isn't anything like Hell's Kitchen.

Silver21_Black20
08-20-2009, 02:12 PM
The regular "Top Chef" features up and coming chefs, but is a different format than "Hell's Kitchen" -- the focus is more on executive chefs than line chefs and they are responsible for creating their own dishes, not just working for someone else.

"Top Chef: Masters" was a special version of the show, though, that had big names competing for charity. That's what Bayless won last night.

Rick Bayless won Top Chef Masters which was a contest for charity between Top Chefs.
Top Chefs is the show with up and coming chefs.

It really isn't anything like Hell's Kitchen.

Ohhhhhhhhhh ... I get it.

jcrod
08-21-2009, 09:55 AM
I was happy Rick won, he seems like a great guy.

I've watched a couple of Hell's kitchen, i just can't get into it like Top Chef.

ididnotnothat
08-26-2009, 10:13 AM
Robert was sent home last night. The guys didn't show him the love when he returned.

JudynTX
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Robert was sent home last night. The guys didn't show him the love when he returned.

Robert was getting a little cocky for someone who got a 2nd chance at this thing. :rolleyes

leemajors
08-26-2009, 10:24 AM
yeah but that other dude is awful, he should have been sent home

DisAsTerBot
08-26-2009, 10:27 AM
i was hoping he'd send both of em home

mexicanjunior
08-26-2009, 11:17 AM

He had been acting like a real a-hole all season...I was glad they sent him home. It's weird, he seemed like such a nice guy last season, maybe the meds are altering his behavior.

Silver21_Black20
08-26-2009, 12:20 PM
Kinda glad Robert went home. He was getting a lil annoying.

Does anyone watch Chopped? That's another good competition show.

JoeChalupa
08-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Chopped is pretty good too. Fast and quick....yet delicious!

DoubtingThomas
09-10-2009, 12:03 PM
Andy is gone from Hell's kitchen and Jesse is gone from Top Chef. I doubt anyone will beat the brothers on Top Chef.

JudynTX
09-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Andy is gone from Hell's kitchen and Jesse is gone from Top Chef. I doubt anyone will beat the brothers on Top Chef.

Hector from Top Chef also got the boot. That's what you get for serving raw meat. :vomit:

blizz
09-10-2009, 12:16 PM
it's not that the meat was raw, it was that he cut it without letting it rest and cut it poorly. the two brothers, bryan and michael, jennifer and kevin are GOOD. mike seems to ride the coattails of the brothers. this is easily the most talented group on TC yet. i think those four would beat down any of the previous winners.

JudynTX
09-10-2009, 12:20 PM
it's not that the meat was raw, it was that he cut it without letting it rest and cut it poorly. the two brothers and the girl and the guy with the beard are GOOD. easily the most talented group on TC yet. i think those four would beat down any of the previous winners.

Yea, I'm rooting for Bryan, one of the twins. :D

blizz
09-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Yea, I'm rooting for Bryan, one of the twins. :D
psst...they're not twins either :P

JudynTX
09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
psst...they're not twins either :P

I thought they were, oh well.

And in Hell's Kitchen someone gets hurt again. WTF

katyon6th
09-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I'm rooting for Jennifer. She knows her shit and you can tell she's a total bitch in the kitchen. I love it!

JudynTX
09-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I'm rooting for Jennifer. She knows her shit and you can tell she's a total bitch in the kitchen. I love it!

Yea, she does look like she's a bitch in the kitchen. Cheers for her!

Shelly
09-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Jennifer or the brothers will win, although the guy that one immunity is pretty good too.

Doesn't Ashley look like the love child of Beck and John C. Riley? She favors Beck more, though.

desflood
09-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Andy is gone from Hell's kitchen.
Score another big point for Dave. That's a tough guy there. If the preview they showed for next week is accurate and he had to leave for injuring himself again, I'm going to be very put out.

Richard Cranium
09-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Looks like Dave is out next week. You gotta give him a hand though for hanging tough.

blizz
09-10-2009, 05:47 PM
in marco pierre white's book he said he yelled at him ONCE and he sat down and cried. it's still just his side....ramsay's book comes out soon and even if true..it's just once. i wouldn't say he's his bitch though...he currently ranks 3rd in the world in terms of michelin stars behind joel robuchon and alain ducasse.

JoeChalupa
09-17-2009, 07:48 AM
On Top Chef, Frenchy got the boot last night. I thought he'd go farther.

JudynTX
09-17-2009, 08:01 AM
On Top Chef, Frenchy got the boot last night. I thought he'd go farther.

:lol The ceviche he made looked gross.

Bryan wins again. :D

JoeChalupa
09-17-2009, 08:08 AM
:lol The ceviche he made looked gross.

Bryan wins again. :D

Yeah it did. I thought one of the other two would go though. Coconut dude got lucky.

JudynTX
09-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Yeah it did. I thought one of the other two would go though. Coconut dude got lucky.

Yea, a coconut mojito just doesn't sound right.

leemajors
09-17-2009, 01:01 PM
in marco pierre white's book he said he yelled at him ONCE and he sat down and cried. it's still just his side....ramsay's book comes out soon and even if true..it's just once. i wouldn't say he's his bitch though...he currently ranks 3rd in the world in terms of michelin stars behind joel robuchon and alain ducasse.

i think white is generally regarded as the godfather of modern cooking. his bitch was probably a bit strong, but i don't think people ever put more than one chef above him - Robuchon. i don't think he has cooked for anyone in years either.

JudynTX
09-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Van should have been sent home. I don't like that guy's attitude. There's no way he can run a restaurant with that temper. :rolleyes

But then again, look @ Ramsay's. :lol

JudynTX
09-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Not surprised that Ron was told to pack his knives and go. :lol

I <3 Bryan

JoeChalupa
09-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Not surprised that Ron was told to pack his knives and go. :lol

I <3 Bryan

He should have tried a paella mojito.

ididnotnothat
09-30-2009, 04:09 PM
It's about time Suzanne got the boot!! How Tenille is still in Hell's kitchen is a shocker.

Silver21_Black20
09-30-2009, 04:16 PM
It's about time Suzanne got the boot!! How Tenille is still in Hell's kitchen is a shocker.

Tenille should be the next one gone.

MANGINA
09-30-2009, 04:42 PM
The bald guy should win it.

Imposter
09-30-2009, 04:53 PM
I think Dave has the most heart, playing with a messed up wrist and all. Doesn't look good from next weeks previews though.

MANGINA
09-30-2009, 05:05 PM
I think Dave has the most heart, playing with a messed up wrist and all. Doesn't look good from next weeks previews though.

He may just mess up up his wrist for life with a nice hook to Tenille's jaw.

mardigan
09-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Jennifer or the brothers will win, although the guy that one immunity is pretty good too.

Doesn't Ashley look like the love child of Beck and John C. Riley? She favors Beck more, though.

No way, Kevin is by far the best chef on this show.

Anyone know why there is no new episode tonight?

Boris
10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Something about Jennifer has grown on me.

averageusaconsumer
10-01-2009, 05:25 PM
"Top Chef" host Padma Lakshmi is pregnant with her first child, her publicist confirmed to CNN on Thursday.

David Bowie
10-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Did anybody watch the Hell's kitchen finale?

I know he's a prick, but I think Kevin should have won. He seemed like a more composed chef with a wider range as far as cooking goes. Amanda was fucking him up tonight, and I liked how he stepped in to get things back on track.

PM5K
10-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Eh, coulda gone either way, Dave did what he did with a broken wrist, and he was smart, he didn't over complicate things, KISS..

InRareForm
10-13-2009, 10:58 PM
every episode of hells kitchen seems the same

PM5K
10-14-2009, 12:39 AM
every episode of hells kitchen seems the same

That's how all good shows are.

InRareForm
10-14-2009, 01:00 AM
That's how all good shows are.

Yea because all good shows have a cranky-crying man yelling at his workers every single episode. I dunno, for me a cooking show should pay more attention what the food is, and not the emotional sadness/madness reactions from chefs which this show predicates on. to each their own tho.

JudynTX
10-14-2009, 07:51 AM
Did anybody watch the Hell's kitchen finale?

I know he's a prick, but I think Kevin should have won. He seemed like a more composed chef with a wider range as far as cooking goes. Amanda was fucking him up tonight, and I liked how he stepped in to get things back on track.

Despite how cocky Kevin was, he should have been the winner. IMO

I just can't see Dave running a restaurant. :lol

atxrocker
10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
I was good with Dave winning. The fucking dude competed most of the show with a messed up wrist and in pain and still out performed just about everyone else.

JoeChalupa
10-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I thought Kevin would win but his menu is what did him in but Dave did a great job too. Both did well.

leemajors
10-14-2009, 10:09 AM
dave's really gonna have to improve his customer skills to keep that job.

angel_luv
10-14-2009, 11:19 AM
I am glad Dave won Hell's kitchen.

Dark Gable
10-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I was rooting for Ariel.

mexicanjunior
10-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Dave was a solid choice, he was as consistent as Kevin, plus was working basically one handed. I knew Ariel had no chance, she was just too limited cooking wise...

desflood
10-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Dave!

leemajors
10-15-2009, 07:53 AM
how is Ruby still there?

JudynTX
11-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Does anyone watch Cake Boss on TLC? :D

leemajors
11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
how is Ruby still there?

JudynTX
11-03-2009, 11:26 AM
You mean Robin?

JudynTX
11-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Do you mean Robin?

JoeChalupa
11-03-2009, 11:41 AM
Does anyone watch Cake Boss on TLC? :D

I haven't watched that yet.

I've been watching the Next Iron Chef though.

leemajors
11-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Do you mean Robin?

yes, she sucks

JudynTX
11-03-2009, 11:52 AM
yes, she sucks

Yea, I really don't know how she has lasted this long.

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm kinda glad that Eli is gone. I'm on Team Bryan. :D

leemajors
11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Michael is a dickhead. Bryan seems like a much nicer guy, and would have won if he had more time easily. Glad to see Jennifer back on track - she needs to wear a bikini again though.

JudynTX
11-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Michael is a dickhead. Bryan seems like a much nicer guy, and would have won if he had more time easily. Glad to see Jennifer back on track - she needs to wear a bikini again though.

Yea, have to agree about Michael. :lol

easjer
11-19-2009, 11:04 AM
I thought Bryan should have won over Kevin. Even if there was an execution error, his plating was better, and the technique is there and the thought processes were there. Kevin is just too simple for that competition. He won't advance to the next level of competition, while I think Bryan has a real shot at it.

Was soooooo glad Eli went home. This final four is undoubtedly, from the beginning, the best of the competition. Jen had a few rough spots, but I'm so glad to see my faves. Bryan FTW!

katyon6th
11-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I missed last night's episode but I'm still rooting for Kevin. And Michael because he's delicious.

atxrocker
11-19-2009, 11:24 AM
He may be a dick, but i'm rooting for Michael. The guy is pretty talented. I wouldn't mind if Jen won either.

easjer
11-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Talent wise, I don't mind ANY of them winning. They are all pretty talented and pretty successful in their own right. I'd say a Michael vs. Kevin showdown is the most likely scenario, because Jen is a rollercoaster ride and Bryan does beautiful and complex dishes, but they tend to be safe choices and/or missing something because he has timing issues.

But he's my favorite, so I'm mostly rooting for him. But I can't be dissatisfied with ANY of them.

Which is so much better than last season's ending - I was rooting for 3 out of 4 people there and the winner is the douche I hated (and who should NOT have won, period).

katyon6th
11-19-2009, 11:29 AM
He may be a dick, but i'm rooting for Michael. The guy is pretty talented. I wouldn't mind if Jen won either.

All chefs are cocky assholes; at least the good ones are. Michael is no exception.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-19-2009, 11:36 AM
The interviews and clips seem to be hinting towards a Kevin/Michael showdown, though that could just be that that's the only place where they could play up any sort of real "drama" with people talking anything that resembles smack. I think across the board this was the most talented batch of folks from the start. Clearly they put a premium on talent in the casting process and in picking the most accomplished professionals they seem to have accidentally put together a group of people who act like professionals instead of stunt casted stereotypes angling for their 15 minutes.

leemajors
11-19-2009, 11:47 AM
I thought Bryan should have won over Kevin. Even if there was an execution error, his plating was better, and the technique is there and the thought processes were there. Kevin is just too simple for that competition. He won't advance to the next level of competition, while I think Bryan has a real shot at it.

Was soooooo glad Eli went home. This final four is undoubtedly, from the beginning, the best of the competition. Jen had a few rough spots, but I'm so glad to see my faves. Bryan FTW!

So you agree with Michael about Kevin? He's been scoffing like crazy about dude, but I think it's pretty evident from his winnings his food is just better. He won despite kinda not going along with the rules to the letter, which I gotta respect. I guess the execution error was just too much to overlook, just like with Jennifer.

easjer
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Oh, no, I think Kevin makes simpler food, but it often has a terrific combination of flavors and looks incredible and is often very well cooked. I think Michael's criticism of Kevin is kind of a dick move - obviously Kevin's food is terrific despite being possibly simpler in terms of execution, and that is the ultimate goal, no?

I just mean for Bocuse D'Or, his food is too simple. That competition requires a higher level of technique and showmanship than Kevin traditionally chooses. His style is simply more down-home than refined. That's not bad at all. Dude is a James Beard winner - that's not something to be taken lightly.

I just think the actual challenge and future competition for a spot to compete at Bocuse D'Or is far better suited to Bryan than Kevin. The judges were clearly trying to make a case for Bryan over Kevin and even said directly that Kevin's food would not make it because it was too simple. In terms of the actual elimination challenge for Top Chef, I can't argue too much with awarding a win to the guy who most properly prepared his food (Bryan didn't cook his meat enough), but I think Bryan is the better Bocuse candidate.

leemajors
11-19-2009, 12:53 PM
Oh, no, I think Kevin makes simpler food, but it often has a terrific combination of flavors and looks incredible and is often very well cooked. I think Michael's criticism of Kevin is kind of a dick move - obviously Kevin's food is terrific despite being possibly simpler in terms of execution, and that is the ultimate goal, no?

I just mean for Bocuse D'Or, his food is too simple. That competition requires a higher level of technique and showmanship than Kevin traditionally chooses. His style is simply more down-home than refined. That's not bad at all. Dude is a James Beard winner - that's not something to be taken lightly.

I just think the actual challenge and future competition for a spot to compete at Bocuse D'Or is far better suited to Bryan than Kevin. The judges were clearly trying to make a case for Bryan over Kevin and even said directly that Kevin's food would not make it because it was too simple. In terms of the actual elimination challenge for Top Chef, I can't argue too much with awarding a win to the guy who most properly prepared his food (Bryan didn't cook his meat enough), but I think Bryan is the better Bocuse candidate.

I agree totally. I think he could do it with practice, like Michael had, but thanks for the well reasoned reply. Only a few of my friends watch this show :lol
Michael seems to be turning into more and more of a dick the more Kevin wins instead of stepping up and realizing he's not doing things just right.

kbrury
11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Im rooting for Kevin he to me and Bryan seem to be the more likeable chefs, plus he just keeps winnng he must have won about $100,000 already and hes won like half of all the challenges. If he can cook simple food like he does then he shouldn't change it and besides didn't he try new cooking techniques last night it might not have shown in the presentation but it wasn't something he was familiar with.

I had no problem with Michael's attitude earlier in the season but lately he seems to just insult other people's food while his dishes have been lacking.

Slomo
11-19-2009, 04:19 PM
All chefs are cocky assholes; at least the good ones are. Michael is no exception.

Good book on the subject: http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Confidential-Updated-Adventures-Underbelly/dp/0060899220/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258665541&sr=8-1-spell

katyon6th
11-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Good book on the subject: http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Confidential-Updated-Adventures-Underbelly/dp/0060899220/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258665541&sr=8-1-spell

Anthony Bourdain is the epitome of an arrogant chef asshole. I love him.

JoeChalupa
11-19-2009, 05:57 PM
I hope Kevin wins.

leemajors
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
Anthony Bourdain is the epitome of an arrogant chef asshole. I love him.

His act got really old for me in the last year or so. He should quit trying to be a poet on his show, he doesn't have the talent for it. Just eat, say it's good or bad, and move on to the next place. Quit waxing poetic.

Chef Ramsay
12-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Jennifer is toast. She should have cooked in a bikini and then maybe, maybe she'd a had a chance.

JudynTX
12-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Jennifer is toast. She should have cooked in a bikini and then maybe, maybe she'd a had a chance.

Sorry to see her go, but I'm glad Bryan won last nights challenge. :tu

Bukefal
12-03-2009, 10:01 AM
I can't stand the guy. Who does he thinks he is? What a douchebag. Besides, he isnt such a wonderful cook either. It's all show and drama and still people watch this crap.

JoeChalupa
12-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I hope Kevin takes Top Chef.

JoeChalupa
12-09-2009, 10:53 PM
I think brother Brian or Bryan is going to take it.

kbrury
12-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Looks like Brian will win, I was hoping for Kevin but oh well.

JoeChalupa
12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Like I said, Michael has this in the bag.

JudynTX
12-10-2009, 09:18 AM
:( I was really hoping Bryan would win this.

I guess I'm happy for this brother. :rolleyes :lol

leemajors
12-10-2009, 09:41 AM
from everything the judges were saying, I was pretty sure Brian had it. At least Michael was finally gracious at the end. I guess the lack of seasoning in the first two dishes did it. Kevin got hosed by a useless sous chef, which sucked.

easjer
12-10-2009, 10:51 AM
The thing is, I don't think Kevin got hosed by a useless sous chef - because I think Ash made it up. Kevin's ideas with the final two dishes were the problem. He CAN do better pork. The flavors weren't there - that's on Kevin.

I was shocked Michael won. I mean, I'm totally ok with it (I don't think it was a bad choice and I think he did well and I think he's the one of the three who can most benefit from the win, since the other two have restaurants already). But again the editing was so freaking weird. I thought Bryan had it locked up.

And I thought he should have won. My reasoning is this.

1st course -
Winner: Kevin (per judges, best flavors and executions)
Middle: Bryan (a little underseasoned, but well cooked)
Bottom: Michael (the spotted prawns didn't work)

2nd course -
Winner: Michael (per judges, best coming together and flavors)
Middle: Bryan (described as well cooked, but bland/one-note)
Bottom: Kevin (good flavors, but technical issue with the mushrooms)

3rd course *-
Winner: Bryan (unanimous and his best dish)
Middle: Michael (great flavors, but execution issues - mushroom 'trick', texture of the cassoulet)
Bottom: Kevin (could have done a lot better - especially with pork!)

4th course -
Winner: Bryan (best execution, complex 'pastry chef's dessert')
Middle: Michael (best flavors, but technical issues which he knew 'not made properly)
Bottom: Kevin (just ew)

So, the way I saw it presented via editing, Bryan clearly wins 2 of 4 courses - more than anyone else - and never places lower than the middle with the other two courses. The worst flaw was underseasoning. So, I didn't walk away understanding why or how Michael won. I saw more criticism of him and it seemed like of the three, Bryan cooked the most well-rounded meal.

So confusing. What are they judging on? Overall performance? Technique? Performance that night? Future promise? Because if they were judging solely on that meal, I would have though Bryan had it in the bag. If they were judging on risk taking that may not have quite panned out to a perfect execution, but you can see it (a la the dessert), then I understand the choice of Michael, but I still object a bit.

But really, the competition for me was summed up by the third course, which is why it's starred. I thought that was the defining course, because it wasn't on the fly like the first course, it wasn't trying to pull something together and be unique with discrete ingredients chosen by someone else, and it wasn't something that ought to have been beyond their comfort zone or level of expertise. The third course was really the one where they had the opportunity to really pull it out and be themselves and plan it out and execute their food, their way.

And Bryan unanimously won that course - it was clearly his best dish and the best dish of the course.

So, based on that alone, I thought he ought to have won. It's hard to be unhappy or unsatisfied because they were all great, so my 'outrage' is limited. I'm more befuddled than anything.

JudynTX
12-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Well we can continue to follow them here. :D

http://www.voltaggiobrothers.com/

And on Facebook.

easjer
12-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I read the Bravo blogs.

Still confused as to how they chose Michael over Bryan.

Not disappointed, just . . . wish there was more there, you know? I don't think any of them would have been a bad choice (though Kevin's meal was underwhelming), but I wish I understood why they made the choice they did.

JudynTX
12-10-2009, 11:35 AM
I read the Bravo blogs.

Still confused as to how they chose Michael over Bryan.

Not disappointed, just . . . wish there was more there, you know? I don't think any of them would have been a bad choice (though Kevin's meal was underwhelming), but I wish I understood why they made the choice they did.

You think Michael's answer to Tom's question on why they should win, won them over?

panic giraffe
12-10-2009, 02:58 PM
man, i refuse to watch anything with that limey anymore.

fuck him.

with a spatula made out of diseased dog bones.

if you ever catch the show on bbc america and see the brit version he is a completely different person. just an overall nice guy. he must have a real hate-america fetish, cause he just abuses the new worlders and practically gives backrubs on the brit version.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I don't think it's so much a hate for Americans as much as it is him really playing up his persona for ratings and "reality" TV. I don't think the same network that gave us "When Animals Attack" marketing a show about a well mannered British chef helping out people with struggling diners.

As for Top Chef I think their rationale was to look at not just what they did on the show but what lay ahead as well. I'd be more inclined to think that a chef with Michael's creativity could more readily refine his cooking techniques towards Bryan's levels than I would think that someone as technically proficient as Bryan could develop the creative end of things.

easjer
12-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I like Ramsay tremendously on BBC America. He just cares so much. Hell's Kitchen is solely about ratings and is on Fox. I expect no less. It was interesting for a brief period of time, but then I got tired of it.

easjer
12-10-2009, 03:35 PM
As for Top Chef I think their rationale was to look at not just what they did on the show but what lay ahead as well. I'd be more inclined to think that a chef with Michael's creativity could more readily refine his cooking techniques towards Bryan's levels than I would think that someone as technically proficient as Bryan could develop the creative end of things.

But considering the sophistication and flavor pairings Bryan does and the cutting edge techniques he uses, I think his creativity is pretty high. He just doesn't go balls out on a risk when a little more boring but well-executable will get him results. In terms of creativity - remember the like, second episode? The bachelor/bachelorette party where they had to do hors d'ouerves to pair with a cocktail? He had a tequila based shot, and created a corn macaroon that was crispy on the outside but contained a fancy avacado mousse (upscale guacamole) when you opened it up? Or the deconstruction meal where he made a deconstructed reuben with tuna steak?

I think his downfall in terms of the competition is that he tended to be more restrained than otherwise in order to aim for more technical perfection, which Michael occasionally sacrificed for risk.

That's fine (just as there is a place for Kevin's more rustic approach vs the more technically based refined dishes the Voltaggio brothers produce. Neither is wrong or bad, depending on circumstances), and I have no trouble with awarding Michael the victory for being more daring and not quite being as perfect as Bryan, but I'd like for them to then explain that, rather than tell us via editing that Bryan is better, but, uh, Michael's Top Chef!

Sometimes people are excellent cooks or even excellent chefs but aren't suited to competition - Jenn is actually a good example. Jenn could wipe the floor with previous winners (Ilan, Hosea and hell, possibly Stephanie), but the competition ended up being bad for her because she became friends with people. When she started, she was all about being bad ass and in charge, because she was very confident. When she got to be friends with people and came to respect their cooking as being on par with hers (if not above hers), she lost the ability to tell other people what to do and became scattered and indecisive and lost confidence in herself.

The risks Michael played could have gone either way and if he was rewarded for it, even though it meant a slightly lesser dish, fine. But fucking show that, so I can understand the thought processes. The show is and always has been at a disadvantage from being viewable only. We don't smell or taste the food, we only see it and hear the comments. So I find the editing this season particularly frustrating because I have to rely on that to have any kind of true idea about what the dishes are truly like.

I know they edit for drama and to keep interest, and to some extent that is fine. I know I've been less interested when I could pick out the winner easily. And I'm sure it's hard to do this season when there were clearly front-runners and a bunch of us picked out the final four from the very beginning. I know they wanted to make it more interesting than 'Bryan, Michael V and Kevin (and often Jenn) are in the top group again. One of them wins . . . again.' but they sacrificed accuracy for suspense. I don't mind the people actually tasting the food picking differently than I would, but I would like to understand at home why this dish is better. And that was really missing this season and especially last night.

leemajors
12-10-2009, 03:50 PM
The blogs were interesting. Tom claimed fairly unanimous choice of Michael, Toby liked Bryan, Gail liked Bryan, and Padma pushed for Bryan too. Guess they got argued down.

easjer
12-10-2009, 04:01 PM
I found that interesting. That Gail made such a case for Bryan, but I appreciated what she said about Michael. That Toby made a case for Bryan and then said both Gail and Padma were pushing for Bryan. And then that Tom said it was unanimously for Michael and not nearly as close as it was edited to be.

I have long loved Tom Colicchio and have never before thought that he was unfair or dishonest and have believed his blog in the past on controversial issues. But that just doesn't quite ring true to me. Two other blogs disagree with the way he presents it. . . what's that about? Which of them are shilling for the show versus telling the truth?

JoeChalupa
06-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Didn't realize Hell's Kitchen was on tonight.

JudynTX
06-02-2010, 08:22 AM

:lol :lol The Italian dude cracks me up with that accent. Can't cook worth a damn.

Nathan Explosion
06-02-2010, 09:41 AM

Didn't either. Was watching 2 and Half Men and then saw a commercial for Glee. Went looking for the remote and then I hear/see "Tonight on Hell's Kitchen" and I was like, "Cool. Didn't know it was back up again."

Das Texan
06-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Good thing my DVR is programmed to record all first run Hell's Kitchen episodes.

benefactor
06-02-2010, 10:04 AM
Me either...a pleasant surprise.

:lol :lol The Italian dude cracks me up with that accent. Can't cook worth a damn.
Indeed. He's trying way too hard.

Dex
06-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Apparently they didn't advertise for shit this season, cause I didn't realize it was on either. I saw it on while I was watching the premiere of Wipeout....but Wipeout won out.

God bless teh intarwebs.

Nathan Explosion
06-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Apparently they didn't advertise for shit this season, cause I didn't realize it was on either. I saw it on while I was watching the premiere of Wipeout....but Wipeout won out.

God bless teh intarwebs.

Advertising wouldn't have worked with me anyway. I watch nothing but Netflix, Hulu and the internet. I only really own a TV to watch movies, some sports and play Modern Warfare 2.

fraga
06-02-2010, 10:21 AM
So the Italian dude...he's just faking the accent..what a duesche bagg...

JoeChalupa
06-02-2010, 10:26 AM

God bless teh intarwebs.

Yeah, I also watched some wipeout.

Dr. Gonzo
06-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Ramsey calling the blue haired guy Smurf was great.

benefactor
06-02-2010, 10:41 AM

God bless teh intarwebs.
DVR ftw. I'll probably watch Wipeout tonight.

ididnotnothat
06-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Top Chef iMasters is on tonight. I'm hoping Suser Lee takes it.

SpursStalker
06-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I've never watched Hell's Kitchen but it sounds like I need to start ...

When is it on and what channel?

JudynTX
06-16-2010, 08:28 AM
:lol I don't see anyone on this show qualified to run a restaurant yet. Good grief! :rolleyes @ Fran for not wanting first aid for her burnt hand.

JoeChalupa
06-29-2010, 10:38 PM
I like Autumn

CuckingFunt
06-29-2010, 11:32 PM
It's amazing what childbirth has done for Padma's rack.

Just sayin'.

leemajors
06-30-2010, 07:42 AM
It's amazing what childbirth has done for Padma's rack.

Just sayin'.

Indeed, as if she wasn't nearly perfect before.

JudynTX
06-30-2010, 10:44 AM
I like Autumn

She's ok. Glad that Italian guy is gone, couldn't understand a thing he said. :lol

JoeChalupa
06-30-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm recording top chef tonight.

JoeChalupa
06-30-2010, 08:52 PM
going to watch locked up abroad and the true, allegedly, story of the Midnight Express.

JoeChalupa
07-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Some hot tub action tonight! Jay has no chance at banging Hollie. Autumn looked nice in her bikini.

JudynTX
07-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Some hot tub action tonight! Jay has no chance at banging Hollie. Autumn looked nice in her bikini.

Jay = :vomit:

:lol

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Is this the show with salman rushdie's ex-wife as one of the hosts?

JudynTX
07-21-2010, 10:23 AM

Who?

leemajors
07-21-2010, 10:26 AM

That is Padma on Top Chef

JudynTX
07-21-2010, 10:28 AM

Oh, Padma! Yeah, giving birth has been very good to her. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2010, 10:29 AM

Ah ok. She's a beaut'.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Oh, Padma! Yeah, giving birth has been very good to her. :lol

Ah. That explains it. She's filled in nicely.

JudynTX
07-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Ah. That explains it. She's filled in nicely.

She's hot.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2010, 10:45 AM
She's hot.

Indeed

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Big black dude with a beard. Restaurant in Colorado. Name: Kenny.

Am the only one that sees this:
http://www.bravotv.com/media/images/persons/Kenny_Full.png

and can't help but think of:
http://www.tasteofmanchester.com/images/south%20park%20chef.gif

Every time the judges come up to his table I expect him to shout, "Hello chilrun!"

JudynTX
07-21-2010, 11:31 AM

Every time the judges come up to his table I expect him to shout, "Hello chilrun!"

LMFAO!!!!!! :lmao Right on!

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2010, 11:32 AM
I wonder how his chocolate salty balls are?

JudynTX
07-21-2010, 11:34 AM
I wonder how his chocolate salty balls are?

:lol :lol :lol Probably melt in your mouth.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Suck 'em 'n suck 'em 'n suck 'em 'n suck 'em

CuckingFunt
07-21-2010, 11:39 AM

My mom and I were joking about that on the phone the other day.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Mustve been a pretty sturdy phone.

JoeChalupa
07-22-2010, 04:07 PM

He was almost sent home last night but he is still in the game.

Spurtacus
07-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I liked Holli...but falling for that toilet haired prick? Fuck that shit.

This season has been sexy with Holli and Autumn in swimsuits. :tu

Nathan Explosion
07-23-2010, 08:11 AM

Yeah, while Holli has been solid, Autumn has had trouble. But I want them both in because I love the swimsuit shots of them. Funny how Autumn cock blocked Jay last episode though.

I think Autumn will be done next week though. I was surprised Ed flamed out so badly too.

JoeChalupa
07-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Gordan Ramsay's MasterChef starts tomorrow night.

Sharpen your knives and fire up your stoves! Famed chef Gordon Ramsay’s newest culinary competition series, MASTERCHEF, based on the smash international hit, is set to start cooking TUE 7/27 at 9/8c, on FOX. After a nationwide search for the best home cooks in America, the series will turn one of 50 hopefuls into a culinary star and America’s first-ever MASTERCHEF.

JoeChalupa
07-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Anyone watching "The Next Food Network Star"? I was sorry to see Serena go.

JoeChalupa
07-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Anybody else catch Top Chef last night?
I think Alex did take Ed's pea puree which helped him win the challenge and $20K.

JoeChalupa
07-29-2010, 02:08 PM

Autumn was put up for elimination again and yet she's still there. :lol

JudynTX
07-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Anybody else catch Top Chef last night?
I think Alex did take Ed's pea puree which helped him win the challenge and $20K.

Of course Alex stole Ed's Pea Puree. :lol But he didn't win the 20K, Angelo did during the quickfire challenge. :D

JoeChalupa
07-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Of course Alex stole Ed's Pea Puree. :lol But he didn't win the 20K, Angelo did during the quickfire challenge. :D

:lol You are correct!!!

CosmicCowboy
07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
I watched it last night for the first time. Thats a stupid fucking show. The only redeeming feature was the judges weren't afraid to say "your food SUCKED!" LOL

JoeChalupa
07-29-2010, 03:09 PM
I watched it last night for the first time. Thats a stupid fucking show. The only redeeming feature was the judges weren't afraid to say "your food SUCKED!" LOL

Yeah, it ain't for everyone but as you know I like stupid shit. :lol And I know you are the Top Chef up in here. :tu

Das Texan
07-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Alex is a fucking pussy.

leemajors
07-29-2010, 09:45 PM

padma

Mark in Austin
07-29-2010, 10:43 PM

The few times I've caught it this season I've been underwhelmed. But last season with the Voltaggio bros, etc was pretty good - had quite a few really high quality chefs.

Nathan Explosion
07-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Back to Hell's Kitchen for a sec, why the hell does Benjamin think he can still win? Right now Autumn probably has a better chance of winning than he does.

How delusional can some of these people be? It's clearly a race between Holli and Jay.

JoeChalupa
08-09-2010, 09:42 AM
Hell's Kitchen is down to the final two. Hollie and Jay.
Watched the Next FoodNetwork Star last night and it is down to the final three.
Top Chef is also getting down to the end.

JoeChalupa
08-10-2010, 09:32 AM
The final showdown on Hell's Kitchen tonight.

JudynTX
08-10-2010, 09:32 AM
The final showdown on Hell's Kitchen tonight.

I hope Holly wins.

JoeChalupa
08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
I hope Holly wins.

If she does will she take Jay with her? I've noticed the father of her child has been on the show a few times and she isn't showing any love for him.

The girl can cook though but I think Jay will pull it off.

JudynTX
08-10-2010, 09:35 AM
If she does will she take Jay with her? I've noticed the father of her child has been on the show a few times and she isn't showing any love for him.

The girl can cook though but I think Jay will pull it off.

Pfffft on taking Jay with her. :lol She's was just using him.

leemajors
08-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Master Chef is basically unwatchable.

JoeChalupa
08-19-2010, 02:08 PM

I've been watching it.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs304.snc4/40541_138868089482662_134845143218290_157296_43554 2_n.jpg

Whitney is a cutie and can cook!

Also watched Top Chef. Alex finally got the ax.

leemajors
08-19-2010, 03:15 PM
I've been watching it.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs304.snc4/40541_138868089482662_134845143218290_157296_43554 2_n.jpg

Whitney is a cutie and can cook!

Also watched Top Chef. Alex finally got the ax.

She's gone

JoeChalupa
08-19-2010, 03:30 PM
She's gone

She is? I saw she made it to the blue team on the ingredient test on the last part of the show. Are you sure?

JoeChalupa
09-02-2010, 01:58 PM
She's gone

She's still in it.

oh crap
09-02-2010, 02:06 PM
i don't agree with Tiffany getting the boot last night, it's complete bullshit. she's been on fire lately and was even one of the quick fire favorites. one slightly off dish and that's all she's afforded? angelo had a couple bad weeks and they're back to hanging on his nuts. i'd be surprised if he doesn't have it in the bag at this point, i thought Tiff was his only real competition.

CuckingFunt
09-02-2010, 02:16 PM
i don't agree with Tiffany getting the boot last night, it's complete bullshit. she's been on fire lately and was even one of the quick fire favorites. one slightly off dish and that's all she's afforded? angelo had a couple bad weeks and they're back to hanging on his nuts. i'd be surprised if he doesn't have it in the bag at this point, i thought Tiff was his only real competition.

Tiffany was, by far, my favorite going into last night. I thought it was bullshit they let her go. I understand their repeated insistence that judging decisions are based solely on the dishes made that night, but when it's as close as they kept saying on last night's episode maybe it would be a good time to consider previous performance.

I'm not convinced that Angelo has the win in the bag. Ed and (even though I'm not personally impressed by her) Kelly seem to be legitimate competition for him. I definitely don't see Kevin Hosea-ing himself a win, though.

Shelly
09-02-2010, 02:56 PM
I was bummed about Tiffany going, but also knew a couple weeks ago via a spoiler. I find this season very boring.

I'm looking forward to Top Chef: Just Desserts.

leemajors
09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
Tiffany knew she was going home when those mussels froze, she just caught a bad break. It sucks, but based on those dishes it was her.

leemajors
09-02-2010, 03:52 PM
I was bummed about Tiffany going, but also knew a couple weeks ago via a spoiler. I find this season very boring.

I'm looking forward to Top Chef: Just Desserts.

I agree, this season is pretty boring. On a side note, what the hell was wrong with Bourdain? Also, no way Angelo has this in the bag. He's always one step away from a total meltdown.

Dr. Gonzo
09-02-2010, 04:05 PM
Angelo is a fucking weird dude.

Dr. Gonzo
09-02-2010, 04:06 PM

I watched the first 2 episodes and never went back. Lidia's son, I forget his name, is just a terrible judge. He's really annoying. I think that's what turned me off the most.

admiralsnackbar
09-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Angelo is a fucking weird dude.

And kind of a sleazy whiner, to boot... I almost hope he wins so that he can marry his Russian wife, then be left by her in 7 years with half his net worth.

Dr. Gonzo
09-02-2010, 04:16 PM
He seems extremely feminine. When the show started I would have put money on him being gay.

admiralsnackbar
09-02-2010, 04:21 PM
He seems extremely feminine. When the show started I would have put money on him being gay.

Yeah, me too... turns out he's just a backstabbing little bitch :lol

Mark in Austin
09-02-2010, 06:19 PM
Really sucks for Tiffany - thought she was really strong and was a favorite of mine. I would probably have sent home Kevin based on the entire body of work, and like Bourdain I question his ingredient choice of sirloin. (Plus, how do you keep onion rings crispy when you re-hydrate them? For somebody who claimed to be really listening to the briefing that seemed like a big oversight.)

oh crap
09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
lmao mail order russian bride

Shelly
09-02-2010, 06:46 PM
On another board, people brought up the fact that they should have actually freeze dried the food since that was the challenge. It would have been interesting see the outcome of that.

On top of being boring, Top Chef lost points for having Nancy Pelosi on a few weeks ago!

CuckingFunt
09-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Oh, he is. He just hasn't figured it out yet. Or doesn't want to admit it to himself.

JoeChalupa
09-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Who will be going home tonight? Can Whitney stay alive on Master Chef? Top Chef is getting down to the finalist.

JudynTX
09-09-2010, 03:23 PM
Who will be going home tonight? Can Whitney stay alive on Master Chef? Top Chef is getting down to the finalist.

Bye Kelly. :( I see Ed winning this.

Mark in Austin
09-09-2010, 03:54 PM
Ed was in Angelo's head big time - and Angelo gets sick in the finale? Wow.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2010, 02:37 PM
Whitney wins Master Chef and Kevin wins Top Chef. :tu
The pastry princess pulled off a close victory while Kevin shocked Angelo and Ed and took the prize.
The wife and I both said, "Whitney goes home with 250K and Top Chef only gets 125K".

Shelly
09-16-2010, 02:46 PM
did you watch Top Chef Just Desserts?

Pastry Chefs are extremely bitchy!

JoeChalupa
09-16-2010, 03:48 PM
did you watch Top Chef Just Desserts?

Pastry Chefs are extremely bitchy!

As I can't really enjoy desserts much anymore I didn't watch it.

leemajors
09-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Whitney wins Master Chef and Kevin wins Top Chef. :tu
The pastry princess pulled off a close victory while Kevin shocked Angelo and Ed and took the prize.
The wife and I both said, "Whitney goes home with 250K and Top Chef only gets 125K".

Top Chef winner will get much better investors/job opportunities, much more valuable.

JoeChalupa
09-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Top Chef winner will get much better investors/job opportunities, much more valuable.

That is true in this case since Whitney is not a professional Chef as they are in Top Chef. But she's got the cash now to start her catering business and she also gets her own cook book published.
Kevin will do very well indeed.

jcrod
09-16-2010, 09:34 PM
When Mike was going to help Kevin I knew he had a great shot a winning, that and Kevin started turning it on. Who knows how close Angelo would of done if he wasn't sick. Overall great finale, even the judges said these finalist were probably on of the best.

And Even though the money is less than the other show, Top Chef gets more exporsure so better oportunities.

To Desserts looks awful, I don't think I'll be able to watch this group.

Spurtacus
09-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Hell's Kitchen starts up again this Wed.

mouse
09-20-2010, 02:17 AM
Hell's Kitchen starts up again this Wed.

Also Amazing race Sunday, sorry couldn't find the Amazing race topic.

and BTW where is the Food channel topic anyone see Grill em all win the food truck completion?