PDA

View Full Version : Pick the best right now: CP3 vs D-Will

Pages : [1] 2

DAF86
07-21-2009, 10:11 PM
There isn't much to talk right now so I thought of this to spend the time and have something to argue about 'till the season starts.

-I selected 16 players that (arguably) could be considered the best players in the league right now:

Chris Paul- Dirk Nowitzki- Chris Bosh- Tim Duncan- Deron Williams- Kobe Bryant- Carmelo Anthony- Kevin Garnett- Yao Ming- Tony Parker- Chauncey Billups- Brandon Roy- Dwyane Wade- Steve Nash- Dwight Howard- Lebron James

-Then I separated them in pairs in a totally arbitrary way to try to make interesting matchups: on this case CP3 vs D-Will.

-There are 16 players, that means 8 matchups. The winners get to the next round the losers get eliminated.

-Vote and give an explination of why you pick that player over the other and try to be objective (I left Manu and Iverson out of this list so you know I'm keeping it real :lol) And remember is the best NOW, not who had the best career or who will be better in the future. Is about the present. Put it this way: if you were a NBA manager what player would you select first to win it all next season.

P/S: I know there's going to be a controversy about the 16 players' list but play along please :D

xellos88330
07-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Chris Paul.

pauls931
07-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Everyone goes orgasmo over Deron, but CP3 seems to have more talent and a better eye for passing the ball.

DAF86
07-21-2009, 10:21 PM
The poll will be closed in two days, after that we'll have our first winner.

I selected Paul on this one. IMO he's the best PG on the league, he turned a lottery team into a playoff team. In the last two seasons he took his team further than Williams with a lot less help.

balli
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Deron thinks Deron's better...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/basketball/5430069/A-quickie-with...Deron-Williams.html#

DAF86
07-21-2009, 10:30 PM
Deron thinks Deron's better...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/basketball/5430069/A-quickie-with...Deron-Williams.html#

-Who has the biggest ego on the NBA?
-Kevin Garnett

:lol That answer makes me want to change my vote.

BUMP
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM
i like this idea DA :tu

gotta go with CP3.

Deron's a tremendous talent but i picked Paul simply because he led a team with starters Rasual Butler, Tyson Chandler, and an old Stojakovic to a pretty good record and the playoffs.

David West would just be an average player IMO without Paul but thats another story. He makes his teammates so much better its ridiculous. Too bad he has a shitty attitude

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 10:36 PM
I voted CP3 but I like Deron more.

Rogue
07-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Individually Chris fall may be slightly better than D-Will, but CF3 isn't quite good at teamwork as D-Wills is.

DAF86
07-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Individually Chris fall may be slightly better than D-Will, but CF3 isn't quite good at teamwork as D-Wills is.

What? CP3 main atribute is to make his teammates better.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 10:43 PM
CP3. He's simply better.

tlongII
07-21-2009, 10:45 PM
I give the nod to D-Will due to his size advantage.

KSeal
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
I give the nod to D-Will due to his size advantage.

I've actually heard CP3 is really big for his height.

IronMexican
07-21-2009, 10:52 PM
Size, strength, potential. Who cares When, we get down to it, Cp3 has proven more in the NBA and has the stats to back it up.

KSeal
07-21-2009, 10:53 PM
My response to TLong was a penis joke but I did a poor job at it. :lol

Hemotivo
07-21-2009, 10:58 PM
CP3 because he's better

mystargtr34
07-21-2009, 11:02 PM
My response to TLong was a penis joke but I did a poor job at it. :lol

Yea, I recognised the failure straight away.

:lol jk

Cry Havoc
07-21-2009, 11:10 PM
Deron. 21 points and almost 11 assists in the playoffs this year?

What happened to Paul? Oh yeah, his team gave up. Some leader he turned out to be.

The TroutBum
07-21-2009, 11:14 PM

What happened to Paul? Oh yeah, his team gave up. Some leader he turned out to be.

That's pretty spot on.

Obviously, I'm biased, but whatever. Head to head, DWill owns Paul's rectum. If we were basing this off character, DWill would win in a landslide -- as Paul is a complete nut-punching, flopping, pee-drinking fucktard.

DAF86
07-21-2009, 11:22 PM
That's pretty spot on.

Obviously, I'm biased, but whatever. Head to head, DWill owns Paul's rectum. If we were basing this off character, DWill would win in a landslide -- as Paul is a complete nut-punching, flopping, pee-drinking fucktard.

So what? The Mavs cause a lot of matchup problems for the Spurs but that doesn't mean that they're the better team.

I agree that CP3 is a little bitch but right now I think he's a better player than Deron.

P/S: Paul should have been the MVP of the '07/'08 season.

Hornets1
07-21-2009, 11:33 PM
So what? The Mavs cause a lot of matchup problems for the Spurs but that doesn't mean that they're the better team.

I agree that CP3 is a little bitch but right now I think he's a better player than Deron.

P/S: Paul should have been the MVP of the '07/'08 season.

Don't try to argue w/ this guy, it's as worthless as he is.

I'm going w/ paul, but D-will is right up there. I'm going to be really upset if D-Will doesn't make the all-star team again!

Hornets1
07-21-2009, 11:39 PM

I agree they gave up in game 4, but West, Paul, West, Chandler, and Posey were playing hurt.

redzero
07-21-2009, 11:54 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao at the morons who picked D-Will.

Somehow, someway, someone who averages fewer points, fewer rebounds (even though he's three inches taller), fewer assists, has a worse field goal percentage, turns the ball over more, two fewer steals, and has a PER that's not even close to CP3's, is better than Chris Paul.

:downspin:

Spurstalk is fucking hilarious!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM

Wtf? His team won just as many games as the Jizz.

redzero
07-21-2009, 11:58 PM
D-Will merely for the fact he can go on a terror from the 3 point land.

CP3 is the better PG, but Deron is the better all-around player. If I wanted a pass first PG then I want Paul. If I want a score/pass split I will go with Deron.

Even though Paul averages more points per game than Deron Williams, while shooting at a higher percentage, D-Will is the better scorer, right?

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 12:05 AM
and I dont see D-Will going 2-7 with 0-1 at FT line and grand total of 4 points in a playoff game.

son its funny how you bring up that one game. Paul was playing injured that entire series. but hey, keep on hating ... I know it goes in one ear and out the other. the Chris Paul hate on this message board is hilarious ... but the downright ignorant ass explanations are even funnier.

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:06 AM
2 more points and 1 more assist is what he averages.

Like I said, Deron has crazy range and gets to the FT line consistently while Paul doesnt have as much range and doesnt get to the FT as much.

and I dont see D-Will going 2-7 with 0-1 at FT line and grand total of 4 points in a playoff game.

Your point? Last time I checked, four points off of layups are greater than three points off a three-pointer.

I lol every time somebody brings up Game 4 of the Nuggets-Hornets series as a reason why <insert player> here is better than Chris Paul. The idiocy is astounding.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Your point? Last time I checked, four points off of layups are greater than three points off a three-pointer.

I lol every time somebody brings up Game 4 of the Nuggets-Hornets series as a reason why <insert player> here is better than Chris Paul. The idiocy is astounding.

son its a pointless battle. this message board is full of pure ignorance/denial when it comes to Paul. son you could post a video of Paul giving out Christmas gifts to needy children and someone would hate on him for it lol

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:07 AM
son its funny how you bring up that one game. Paul was playing injured that entire series. but hey, keep on hating ... I know it goes in one ear and out the other. the Chris Paul hate on this message board is hilarious ... but the downright ignorant ass explanations are even funnier.

Son, you couldn't be more correct. Their explanations are mind-numbingly stupid.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Paul routinely gets outplayed by Billups/Deron, shoots 40% comitting 5 TO a game in playoffs, quitting and losing by 58, a year AFTER letting Jannero Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in game 7 of a series they were up 2-0... lol CP3

Parker/Billups/Deron/Rondo > CP3

gaKNOW!blee
07-22-2009, 12:12 AM
Deron Williams might not have the stats...but he's the player I would rather have on my team. Seems much more composed and I think is the better scoring option when you absolutely need a bucket.

BTW...I like this idea, BUT

Does anyone expect this not to eventually come down to LEBRON vs. KOBE?

Also, why not make the poll public?

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:13 AM
Sons, I love Paul as a PG. Which is what I said. If he was on this years Magic, that team would have swept every single team to the finals.

If I want a Pass First PG who has crazy court vision and can score at will too but comes second, I will take Paul.

If I want a PG who can Score first but dish out almost as many assists with crazy range, I will take Dwill.

it all matters on the team and situation.

What gave you the impression that D-Will was a shoot first point guard? Also, what gave you the impression that he is a better scorer than Paul?

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Paul routinely gets outplayed by Billups/Deron, shoots 40% comitting 5 TO a game in playoffs, quitting and losing by 58, a year AFTER letting Jannero Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in game 7 of a series they were up 2-0... lol CP3

LMAO

son by the way ... is your wife out with Tyson again tonight? he told me that he tore that ass up last weekend. you must be waiting up for her again tonight huh?

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:16 AM

Yep, and Pau Gasol is better than Dirk Nowitzki, because Dirk lost four times straight to Dwyane Wade, and then followed up a 67 win regular season by shooting 39% and losing against the eighth seed. He didn't even lose to a team that was better than his, like Paul's 7th seeded Hornets lost to the 2nd seed Nuggets; he lost to the eighth seed. Pau Gasol would never let that happen.

Not even attempting to make my posts sound credible is fun! I can see why Ghazi intentionally leaves logic at the door when he posts.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 12:19 AM
Yep, and Pau Gasol is better than Dirk Nowitzki, because Dirk lost four times straight to Dwyane Wade, and then followed up a 67 win regular season by shooting 39% and losing against the eighth seed. Pau Gasol would never let that happen.

Not even attempting to make my posts sound credible is fun! I can see why Ghazi intentionally leaves logic at the door when he posts.

son you will eventually learn that Ghazi hugs the nuts of Dirk so much for one main reason ... he is white. Ghazi goes out of his way to bash other PF's in the league, but NEVER his "great white hype" Dirk. He looks the other way whenever people bring up the facts about his boy being a true choke artist.

If I had a nickle for every time that Dirk and "his" team have gotten owned, I would be able to pay off my mortgage.

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:22 AM
son you will eventually learn that Ghazi hugs the nuts of Dirk so much for one main reason ... he is white. Ghazi goes out of his way to bash other PF's in the league, but NEVER his "great white hype" Dirk. He looks the other way whenever people bring up the facts about his boy being a true choke artist.

If I had a nickle for every time that Dirk and "his" team have gotten owned, I would be able to pay off my mortgage.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08vIbIY2sWgM2/340x.jpg

BR, when David West tapped Dirk on the cheek, Ghazi made it his life commitment to attack the Hornets any which way he could. Nobody touches his man.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 12:26 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08vIbIY2sWgM2/340x.jpg

BR, when David West tapped Dirk on the cheek, Ghazi made it his life commitment to attack the Hornets any which way he could. Nobody touches his man.

son you are right on. Ghazi is still very bitter from the last 2 seasons of the Hornets owning his boys in blue. his fascination with the Hornets is quite comical though ... I mean, my God son he even looks for men that look similar to Tyson Chandler for his wife to have sex with lol.

redzero
Duncan and maybe KG are the only PF's/4s I would take over Dirk.

Dirk is a matchup nightmare and a top 2-5 PF in the league.

I didn't say anything about West being better than Dirk, and my other post about Nowitzki was sarcasm.

Cry Havoc
Wow, Hornets fans sure do get indignant if their star PG isn't held up in the highest regard.

Does attitude count for nothing? Sure, CP3 has better stats, but Terrell Owens has had fantastic stats most of his career. Do you want him on your team?

And no, I'm not equating Paul with Owens. However, Deron has a much more team-first attitude and has shown that he has the ability to lead his team THE RIGHT WAY in the playoffs. Paul has routinely shown that he's got some issues to deal with. This isn't to say that Paul isn't a fantastic player... he is. But EVERY Hornets fan is lying to themselves if they say that his ego and leadership abilities are not a concern right now.

And there is NO excuse for getting blown out the way the Hornets did. None. Not ever.

iilluzioN
07-22-2009, 12:28 AM
I'd rather have Tony Parker in my team lol, then maybe Dwill

carrao45
07-22-2009, 12:31 AM
I picked Deron for the illogical reason that he is more fun to watch. And when watching him he just feels like a better player than CP3. Plus D-Will wins the head-to-head.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Even though Paul averages more points per game than Deron Williams, while shooting at a higher percentage, D-Will is the better scorer, right?

So wait, it's acceptable to use regular season stats as a gauge, when Deron was hurt for most of the year (his ankle never really seemed to heal until very late in the season), but to judge playoff performances is unfair because Paul wasn't 100%?

You can cherry pick stats all you like, but it's disingenuous and people will call you out for it here.

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:39 AM
Wow, Hornets fans sure do get indignant if their star PG isn't held up in the highest regard.

What makes it bad is your HORRIBLE reasoning, or lack thereof.

Does attitude count for nothing? Sure, CP3 has better stats, but Terrell Owens has had fantastic stats most of his career. Do you want him on your team?

Now, you're implying that Chris Paul is a cancer? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

And no, I'm not equating Paul with Owens.

Then, why did you bring it up, dumbass?

However, Deron has a much more team-first attitude and has shown that he has the ability to lead his team THE RIGHT WAY in the playoffs.

That doesn't even make sense. The right way? What? The furthest the Jazz got was the Western Conference Finals--where they lost in five to the Spurs. Paul made it to the semifinals, and then lost to the Spurs in seven. D-Will had an easier path, and he would have lost to the Spurs in the semifinals just the same.

Paul has routinely shown that he's got some issues to deal with.

At most, technicals are the problem. He didn't punch anybody in the balls in years.

This isn't to say that Paul isn't a fantastic player... he is. But EVERY Hornets fan is lying to themselves if they say that his ego and leadership abilities are not a concern right now.

Yep, being a good leader will make Sean Marks not miss easy fucking baskets. Being a good leader will heal Tyson Chandler's foot problems and make Peja Stojakovic not shoot bricks. Being a good leader will make Chris Paul's teammates not suck. It definitely has nothing to do with spoon feeding the most incompetent players the ball to try and win games.

And there is NO excuse for getting blown out the way the Hornets did. None. Not ever.

I want you to list five players who would have carried that injury plagued, depthless Hornets team into the playoffs.

Blame Paul for the starters being worn out after playing 40+ minutes for the last 20 games of the season. It's Paul's fault that he was being double and triple teamed while injured, because his teammates could be left wide open without a problem.

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:41 AM
So wait, it's acceptable to use regular season stats as a gauge, when Deron was hurt for most of the year (his ankle never really seemed to heal until very late in the season), but to judge playoff performances is unfair because Paul wasn't 100%?

You can cherry pick stats all you like, but it's disingenuous and people will call you out for it here.

Yeah, let's check back into last season's stats. Oh, wait--Paul's are better as well. Okay, let's check career stats... would you look at that--Paul's are better than D-Will's as well.

If Deron Williams is the better player, he has yet to show it.

Spurs fans are still bitching about Chris Paul after a series in which THEIR TEAM WON! Get over it, for Christ sakes.

carrao45
07-22-2009, 12:43 AM
What makes it bad is your HORRIBLE reasoning, or lack thereof.

Now, you're implying that Chris Paul is a cancer? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Then, why did you bring it up, dumbass?

That doesn't even make sense. The right way? What? The furthest the Jazz got was the Western Conference Finals--where they lost in five to the Spurs. Paul made it to the semifinals, and then lost to the Spurs in seven. D-Will had an easier path, and he would have lost to the Spurs in the semifinals just the same.

At most, technicals are the problem. He didn't punch anybody in the balls in years.

Yep, being a good leader will make Sean Marks not miss easy fucking baskets. Being a good leader will heal Tyson Chandler's foot problems and make Peja Stojakovic not shoot bricks. Being a good leader will make Chris Paul's teammates not suck. It definitely has nothing to do with spoon feeding the most incompetent players the ball to try and win games.

I want you to list five players who would have carried that injury plagued, depthless Hornets team into the playoffs.

Blame Paul for the starters being worn out after playing 40+ minutes for the last 20 games of the season. It's Paul's fault that he was being double and triple teamed while injured, because his teammates could be left wide open without a problem.

If that's quote "he hasn'tpunched anyone in the crotch in a while" is the best you can do to defend his character, then the guy has problems

BadOdor
07-22-2009, 12:43 AM
The real question is...

Would a D-will led team lose 121-63?

Didn't think so.

lol hornets.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 12:44 AM

And no, I'm not equating Paul with Owens. However, Deron has a much more team-first attitude and has shown that he has the ability to lead his team THE RIGHT WAY in the playoffs. Paul has routinely shown that he's got some issues to deal with. This isn't to say that Paul isn't a fantastic player... he is. But EVERY Hornets fan is lying to themselves if they say that his ego and leadership abilities are not a concern right now.

yet another ignorant reply. son do you honestly believe what you just said? are you TRULY this damn ignorant and clueless? wow

does Paul have a nasty attitude on the floor? yes ... but last time I checked, so did Michael Jordan, so does Kobe Bryant, so does Kevin Garnett, so does about 80% of players in the NBA. It blows my mind that you truly think Paul has poor character. You know next to nothing about him other than the handful of games you see him play each year. You have no clue how much he does in the community and how well he carries himself.

LMAO at you hinting Paul doesn't lead his team "the right way" in the playoffs....In their 2 playoff years with Paul, he led them to game 7 with the Spurs in his first playoff trip ever at 22 years old. Last season was a terrible series, but Paul along with Tyson, West, and Posey were all playing hurt. I know I know ... that means nothing to you. you don't like to look at the facts.

does it annoy me that some of you don't consider Paul the best PG? no it doesn't ... I could careless what most of you clueless fuckers on a message board think lol. most of you have it out for Paul to begin with, so your replies are biased BS. However, it is hilarious to watch Spurs fans on here go nuts whenever someone mentions the fact that Tim Duncan isn't the best PF in the game. Same can be said about Mavs fans with Dirk.

Williams is an excellent PG and the 2nd best in the NBA in MY OPINION. This whole "Williams is better than Paul" talk reminds me of some sort of grassroots movement lol ... It is clearly obvious that many of you simply say that Williams is better because Paul is the "trendy" choice and you want to look unique/different choosing Williams. Whatever your reason, that is fine ... but to turn the other cheek to the facts shows your ignorance and stupidity. Let me know whenever Williams can actually average 20 points a game, or hell at least get voted in to an All Star game by the coaches/players.

redzero
07-22-2009, 12:49 AM
If that's quote "he hasn'tpunched anyone in the crotch in a while" is the best you can do to defend his character, then the guy has problems

At least he doesn't rape bitches in Colorado or throw his teammates under the bus. Oh, and he doesn't elbow players on the opposing team AND get them called for fouls.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 01:01 AM
yet another ignorant reply. son do you honestly believe what you just said? are you TRULY this damn ignorant and clueless? wow

Way to show off your basketball knowledge with well-reasoned facts.

does Paul have a nasty attitude on the floor? yes ... but last time I checked, so did Michael Jordan

Jordan NEVER quit.

so does Kobe Bryant

Yeah, that's a great comparison to make. Because Kobe has NEVER had issues stemming from his attitude towards other players on the court. Kobe has been criticized for most of his career. If you're going to compare Paul to Kobe, you're basically welcoming criticism of his attitude, which clearly upsets you.

so does Kevin Garnett, so does about 80% of players in the NBA. It blows my mind that you truly think Paul has poor character. You know next to nothing about him other than the handful of games you see him play each year. You have no clue how much he does in the community and how well he carries himself.

Talk about blowing an argument out of proportion. I never said anything about Paul's character off the court. But he has repeatedly shown that he enjoys taking the easy way out on the court, and that's slightly bothersome. Does it mean I consider him a second-tier player? Of course not. He's right there with Deron, neck and neck for the best PG in the league.

LMAO at you hinting Paul doesn't lead his team "the right way" in the playoffs....In their 2 playoff years with Paul, he led them to game 7 with the Spurs in his first playoff trip ever at 22 years old. Last season was a terrible series, but Paul along with Tyson, West, and Posey were all playing hurt. I know I know ... that means nothing to you. you don't like to look at the facts.

Sorry, how many facts did you just list? I didn't know the "heart of a champion" means, "Do your best unless you're facing overwhelming adversity, then you can cave and get destroyed and it's ok".

does it annoy me that some of you don't consider Paul the best PG? no it doesn't ... I could careless what most of you clueless fuckers on a message board think lol.

You have an interesting way of showing you don't care about a particular topic.

most of you have it out for Paul to begin with, so your replies are biased BS.

This is hilarious.

I say: Chris Paul is clearly the best or second-best PG in basketball.

Hornets fans translation: Chris Paul is an overrated mess who probably shits himself daily and should be in the D-league.

However, it is hilarious to watch Spurs fans on here go nuts whenever someone mentions the fact that Tim Duncan isn't the best PF in the game. Same can be said about Mavs fans with Dirk.

Really? Spurs fans "go nuts"? Interesting viewpoint.

Williams is an excellent PG and the 2nd best in the NBA in MY OPINION.

Wow, so you admit these are opinions? Because so far you Hornets fans are making statements like they are fundamental laws of nature, not to be tampered with under any circumstances.

This whole "Williams is better than Paul" talk reminds me of some sort of grassroots movement lol ... It is clearly obvious that many of you simply say that Williams is better because Paul is the "trendy" choice and you want to look unique/different choosing Williams.

Wait a sec... so I want to pick the "trendy" (i.e., popular) choice, and in doing so, be different? Interesting line of thought.

Whatever your reason, that is fine ... but to turn the other cheek to the facts shows your ignorance and stupidity. Let me know whenever Williams can actually average 20 points a game, or hell at least get voted in to an All Star game by the coaches/players.

Clearly, you are open to allowing others to express their opinion. :lol

redzero
07-22-2009, 01:04 AM
And these morons are still voting for Deron Williams. I guess Kevin Garnett is better than Tim Duncan, and Kobe Bryant is better than Michael Jordan. Today is opposite day.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 01:08 AM
And these morons are still voting for Deron Williams. I guess Kevin Garnett is better than Tim Duncan, and Kobe Bryant is better than Michael Jordan. Today is opposite day.

son the poll is BS to begin with. most are voting against Paul simply because of the hate ... it has nothing to do with talent. they just hate Paul.

La Peace
07-22-2009, 01:09 AM
CP3 all day son.

But at the same time, I sympathize and have love for D Will cause he still has that thin white boy hair from his momma. He needs to shave it.

KSeal
07-22-2009, 01:12 AM
D Will is an amazing NBA PG and leader, much respect.

redzero
07-22-2009, 01:13 AM
CP3 all day son.

But at the same time, I sympathize and have love for D Will cause he still has that thin white boy hair from his momma. He needs to shave it.

But if he shaves his head, he'll be bald...

carrao45
07-22-2009, 01:13 AM
At least he doesn't rape bitches in Colorado or throw his teammates under the bus. Oh, and he doesn't elbow players on the opposing team AND get them called for fouls.

Immediately goes to the rape thing :clap

jayman2582
07-22-2009, 01:15 AM
son the poll is BS to begin with. most are voting against Paul simply because of the hate ... it has nothing to do with talent. they just hate Paul.

So I can't have an opinion? I don't hate Paul, but dwill is my fav player outside the spurs to watch. You can't tell me that chris Paul doesn't put up the dullest 20 and 10 in the league!

redzero
07-22-2009, 01:17 AM
Immediately goes to the rape thing :clap

He did not not rape a white bitch. Okay, he didn't rape anybody, but he still cheated on his wife (and got caught). Also, he did throw his teammates under the bus, and he does elbow other players.

redzero
07-22-2009, 01:24 AM
So I can't have an opinion? I don't hate Paul, but dwill is my fav player outside the spurs to watch. You can't tell me that chris Paul doesn't put up the dullest 20 and 10 in the league!

tBaUYCEI2Zg

-L6PupF0Pyk

JPC40aavN70

2TlVZKHGg3Q

Dh_7i4gHNNA

WZQddPbE9k8

Chris Paul is boring now? But then again, Spurs fans do know boring when they see it.

:lol Wow at these Spurs fans.

jayman2582
07-22-2009, 01:27 AM
tBaUYCEI2Zg

-L6PupF0Pyk

JPC40aavN70

2TlVZKHGg3Q

Dh_7i4gHNNA

WZQddPbE9k8

Chris Paul is boring now? But then again, Spurs fans do know boring when they see it.

:lol Wow at these Spurs fans.

Any queer can post YouTube videos, if there is a player that can't put a mix together of some exciting plays he doesn't belong in the league

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 01:27 AM

Chris Paul dull to watch? are you serious?

ginobili's bald spot
07-22-2009, 01:32 AM
CP3 is a bitch but he's better.

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Chris Paul dull to watch? are you serious?

I believe he's serious bitch!

redzero
07-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Any queer can post YouTube videos, if there is a player that can't put a mix together of some exciting plays he doesn't belong in the league

How the fuck is Chris Paul boring? Have you seen his assists? Have you seen him weave in and out of the paint at will? Have you seen his steals? Have you seen his fast breaks? He 20x more entertaining that Tony Parker, who is the only Spur worth watching in the first place.

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 01:40 AM
How the fuck is Chris Paul boring? Have you seen his assists? Have you seen him weave in and out of the paint at will? Have you seen his steals? Have you seen his fast breaks? He 20x more entertaining that Tony Parker, who is the only Spur worth watching in the first place.

I agree. He's not boring I actually enjoy his game. Then again who doesn't like watching smurfs run around?

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 01:42 AM
sons LOL at people voting against Paul just for the hell of it .... LMAO gotta love the stupidity.

BRHorent45
07-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Lol sons, if you don't agree with me that chris Paul is GOD the you all must be sissy little cuckolds! How dare all of you!

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 01:50 AM
lol jazzypimp son you fail at life.

The TroutBum
07-22-2009, 01:50 AM
sons LOL at people voting against Paul just for the hell of it .... LMAO gotta love the stupidity.

Gods, you're an idiot. There's no way that people are voting for DWill because they think he's better, or because Christina is a bitch, right?

http://talentedapps.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/kijinnmaru-inconceivable.jpg

We must all be retarded Mormons.

Oh ya, and we're all white.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 01:56 AM
Gods, you're an idiot. There's no way that people are voting for DWill because they think he's better, or because Christina is a bitch, right?

http://talentedapps.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/kijinnmaru-inconceivable.jpg

We must all be retarded Mormons.

Oh ya, and we're all white.

son no ... but you are a clueless fucktard. your hatred for Paul must really get to you huh? wow ... so much that you created a signature with him.

LOL it must really suck to be a Jazz fan knowing that CP3 will always be ahead of your boy DWill. Everyone in the media knows it, everyone in the NBA coaches and players know it as well. they all know the truth unlike a bitter little D-Will fan like yourself. now before you try and claim that Williams is the best PG in the league ... I think he needs to learn how to average at least 20 points a game or at least make the damn all star team!!! LOL at you Williams nut-huggers ... he isn't even a clear choice as the 2nd best PG in the league.

Kori Ellis
07-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Though this is a pathetic way to let your team go out:

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy100/ke2150/cp-choke.jpg

I would take CP3 and it wouldn't be a tough decision at all.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:02 AM

son yea because playing injured along with 4 other key players had nothing to do with that.

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 02:05 AM
Chris Paul is better for sure!

redzero
07-22-2009, 02:06 AM
son yea because playing injured along with 4 other key players had nothing to do with that.

It doesn't matter that the starters were injured and worn out from playing all those minutes against scrub teams all year long, son. These idiots think the Hornets from the beginning of the year were the same Hornets who played in the playoffs. Nobody was tired. Nobody was injured. Nothing was wrong.

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 02:06 AM

Well this wouldn't be the first time I disagree with Kori

wireonfire
07-22-2009, 02:07 AM

DWill shot 31% from the 3s last season.

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 02:08 AM
It doesn't matter that the starters were injured and worn out from playing all those minutes against scrub teams all year long, son. These idiots think the Hornets from the beginning of the year were the same Hornets who played in the playoffs. Nobody was tired. Nobody was injured. Nothing was wrong.

STFU with your god damn excuses.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:11 AM
DWill shot 31% from the 3s last season.

and Paul shot 36% ... but hey son don't bother bringing up stats and facts! none of that matters on this forum!

redzero
07-22-2009, 02:12 AM
STFU with your god damn excuses.

What's Deron Williams' excuse for not being able to get a better record than Paul for two years straight, even though he has much better teammates?

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:16 AM
What's Deron Williams' excuse for not being able to get a better record than Paul for two years straight, even though he has much better teammates?

son not to mention the fact that Williams can't even make the All Star team, but he is "arguably the best" LOL .... not even the league has voted him in yet.

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 02:22 AM
Id take CP3. Poor guy deserves a better team around him.

KidCongo
07-22-2009, 02:22 AM
The only Williams thats an All-Star point plays for Cleveland.

Amaso
07-22-2009, 02:24 AM
On this forum, lots of people don't like CP3 so in reality, most people/coaches/teams would pick Chris Paul over Deron Williams. I've always been a DWill kind of guy, but you can't deny how much of the load Chris Paul has to carry for his team. So I voted CP3.

bostonguy
07-22-2009, 02:24 AM

:lmao:lmao

Amaso
07-22-2009, 02:25 AM
son not to mention the fact that Williams can't even make the All Star team, but he is "arguably the best" LOL .... not even the league has voted him in yet.

And it's a travesty he hasn't, he's a top10 player in this league... yet he can't even make an all-star game.

jayman2582
07-22-2009, 02:25 AM

Dude why u gotta act like a fuckin p@$$y all the time. You want to start the fucking argument if Williams shoulda made the allstar team or not? Stop with the bullshit BR. You take everything as a dick measuring contest you crying little bitch you!

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:26 AM

LMAO son!!! good one .... the Williams nut-huggers will hate, but that is 100% truth you just spoke.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Dude why u gotta act like a fuckin p@$$y all the time. You want to start the fucking argument if Williams shoulda made the allstar team or not? Stop with the bullshit BR. You take everything as a dick measuring contest you crying little bitch you!

LMAO son ... I was waiting for someone to bitch about that post.

I fed most of you bastards a taste of your own medicine with that post. how does it feel to read bullshit like that? ... because that is EXACTLY what most post about Paul are like on this message board. nothing factual, just simply biased, ignorant bullshit hating on him.

son of course I think that Williams is an all star player. it sucks that he hasn't made the team yet, but apparently the league thinks Parker deserved his spot last year. can't really argue with that.

La Peace
07-22-2009, 02:34 AM
Anybody want to argue about who is the best back up point guard in the NBA?

I'll take W. Bynum, who wants some?

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 02:46 AM
You put Williams on the Hornets, they dont make the playoffs. You put Paul on the Jazz, and they are top four team in the West, especially with that home cooking they get.

Paul does everything better than Williams, and as long as Paul is in the West, Williams will never start at PG in an all-star. He will be lucky to ever make one.

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 02:47 AM
ill take Mo Williams over D Williams!

DAF86
07-22-2009, 02:48 AM
Deron Williams might not have the stats...but he's the player I would rather have on my team. Seems much more composed and I think is the better scoring option when you absolutely need a bucket.

BTW...I like this idea, BUT

Does anyone expect this not to eventually come down to LEBRON vs. KOBE?

Also, why not make the poll public?

I selected the option to make this a public poll but I don't know what happened. And about the "Lebron vs Kobe" thing, you never know. Remember this is a Spurs forum and even though I asked for objectivity a lot of people would vote against who they hate the most.

Amaso
07-22-2009, 02:50 AM
You put Williams on the Hornets, they dont make the playoffs. You put Paul on the Jazz, and they are top four team in the West, especially with that home cooking they get.

Paul does everything better than Williams, and as long as Paul is in the West, Williams will never start at PG in an all-star. He will be lucky to ever make one.

If you put DWill on the Hornets they're only gonna lose like 2 or 3 more games. DWill is a better and more versatile defender, but he doesn't get the steals CP3 does. Deron will make several all-star appearances, and he should've already been selected to 2, but he got jobbed because of Chauncey Billups who couldn't even hold a candle to Deron Williams in this point of both of their careers. Deron Williams is a top 10 player, but Chris Paul is top 5. I think Deron has been limited by the system he's played in with the Jazz. I always wanted him to pass the ball and run the offense(as a Laker and Rockets fan) rather than playing 1 on 1 or pick and role which is basically what CP3 does.

redzero
07-22-2009, 02:50 AM

EXACTLY.

People on this forum LOVE to call David West overrated. So, how did Chris Paul--who is worse than Deron Williams, according to the fair and balanced people on Spurstalk--get more wins over two seasons with a fraud All Star as his second best player, when D-Will had a legitimate All Star in Carlos Boozer, and far more talent on his team? Doesn't make any sense.

Amaso
07-22-2009, 02:54 AM
EXACTLY.

People on this forum LOVE to call David West overrated. So, how did Chris Paul--who is worse than Deron Williams, according to the fair and balanced people on Spurstalk--get more wins over two seasons with a fraud All Star as his second best player, when D-Will had a legitimate All Star in Carlos Boozer, and far more talent on his team? Doesn't make any sense.

Maybe because Deron Williams missed 14 games last season, and Boozer missed like 45 games. And David West and Carlos Boozer are a wash.

Please, do some research before you make a post that is completely wrong and pointless.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:56 AM
Maybe because Deron Williams missed 14 games last season, and Boozer missed like 55 games. And David West and Carlos Boozer are a wash.

Please, do some research before you make a post that is completely wrong and pointless.

son maybe you should take your own advice and do some research yourself ... you are forgetting that Chandler missed 32 games for us last year. funny how you left that part out.

redzero
07-22-2009, 03:03 AM
Maybe because Deron Williams missed 14 games last season, and Boozer missed like 45 games. And David West and Carlos Boozer are a wash.

Paul missed 3 games, West missed 6 games, Chandler missed 32 games, Peja Stojakovic missed 21 games, and James Posey missed 6 games.

I brought up the last TWO seasons for a reason, because Williams failed to get a better record in 08 as well.

dirk4mvp
07-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Paul. He made a shit sack of a player make an all star team. You've got to be good for that travesty to happen.

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:18 AM

Are you new? Duncan puts up the dullest 20/10 in the league, everybody knows that

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:19 AM
He did not not rape a white bitch. Okay, he didn't rape anybody, but he still cheated on his wife (and got caught). Also, he did throw his teammates under the bus, and he does elbow other players.

First of all i was joking about the CP3 thing. And i don't care what Kobe does off the court. I only care about what he does on the court. So insulting Kobe to counter my joke is pretty useless

redzero
07-22-2009, 04:28 AM
First of all i was joking about the CP3 thing. And i don't care what Kobe does off the court. I only care about what he does on the court. So insulting Kobe to counter my joke is pretty useless

Kobe elbows players on the court.

Amaso
07-22-2009, 05:04 AM
son maybe you should take your own advice and do some research yourself ... you are forgetting that Chandler missed 32 games for us last year. funny how you left that part out.

You know better than that son. I don't want to look it up, but if I remember correctly... Chris Paul didn't miss any games last season, while DWill missed 14 games. Yet Chris Paul's team only beat out Utah by 1 game at the end of the season? Correct me if I am mistaken. Carlos Boozer missed 13 more games than Tyson Chandler, and Carlos Boozer is way better than Chandler. No need to hate son, I already said I'd take CP3 over DWill anyway.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 05:06 AM
You know better than that son. I don't want to look it up, but if I remember correctly... Chris Paul didn't miss any games last season, while DWill missed 14 games. Yet Chris Paul's team only beat out Utah by 1 game at the end of the season? Correct me if I am mistaken. Carlos Boozer missed 13 more games than Tyson Chandler, and Carlos Boozer is way better than Chandler. No need to hate son, I already said I'd take CP3 over DWill anyway.

son Paul also missed like 4 or 5 games last year too.

Amaso
07-22-2009, 05:13 AM
son Paul also missed like 4 or 5 games last year too.

You're right. 14games - 4games = 10 game difference where the Jazz were at a huge disadvantage.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 05:18 AM
You're right. 14games - 4games = 10 game difference where the Jazz were at a huge disadvantage.

LOL son your argument is so lame ... like the original poster said above, what about the last TWO seasons? go back to 07/08 and there was a 2 game difference. Williams played in 82 games, Paul 80. The Hornets were much better that year as well!

Amaso
07-22-2009, 05:26 AM
LOL son your argument is so lame ... like the original poster said above, what about the last TWO seasons? go back to 07/08 and there was a 2 game difference. Williams played in 82 games, Paul 80. The Hornets were much better that year as well!

son, i dont think you read that I said CP3 was better than DWill. And two seasons ago is pretty irrelevant, especially considering these guys have only been in the league for 4 years now. I'm only arguing that DWill is almost as good as CP3, and its very close. Anyone to say otherwise would be pretty stupid. God Bless

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 05:38 AM
son, i dont think you read that I said CP3 was better than DWill. And two seasons ago is pretty irrelevant, especially considering these guys have only been in the league for 4 years now. I'm only arguing that DWill is almost as good as CP3, and its very close. Anyone to say otherwise would be pretty stupid. God Bless

son I read everything. There is no doubt that DWill is close, but not that close ... I would honestly still take Parker over him. to me the #2 spot is a toss up between Williams and Parker.

nhan
07-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Wait, why the fuck is Steve Nash in the Top 16...

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Wait, why the fuck is Steve Nash in the Top 16...

He's still one of the best PG in the league and IMO the best shooter in the world.

lebomb
07-22-2009, 07:08 AM
CP3. He's simply better.

When they have met head to head...............Deron torches CP3, because of his size. I like Deron because he is a bigger SOLID point guard. CP3 is quicker, but in the long run Deron will end up with a better career. IMHO at least. :wakeup

redzero
07-22-2009, 07:22 AM
When they have met head to head...............Deron torches CP3, because of his size. I like Deron because he is a bigger SOLID point guard. CP3 is quicker, but in the long run Deron will end up with a better career. IMHO at least. :wakeup
Too bad Deron Williams doesn't play Chris Paul 82 times a season, huh?

sonic21
07-22-2009, 07:37 AM
if D-will was black, everybody would put him without a doubt behind CP3 and Tony.

:stirpot:

DAF86
07-22-2009, 07:51 AM

The question is: who is the best RIGHT NOW.

lebomb
07-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Too bad Deron Williams doesn't play Chris Paul 82 times a season, huh?

I know.......... I know. But, since they are both very good, you have to use something to separate them out. DW............... :hat

redzero
07-22-2009, 07:56 AM
I know.......... I know. But, since they are both very good, you have to use something to separate them out. DW............... :hat

Yep, and glancing at their stats would be too hard.

pauls931
07-22-2009, 08:14 AM
I guess we'll have to wait and see. I like CP3 because he's usually very patient with the ball not rushing things. Deron seems like a very good traditional PG with size, but does not have the court vision of CP3. I probably lean towards CP3 because with some work on his shot, he could be a more athletic version of nash.

LnGrrrR
07-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Chris Paul, based mainly on his ridiculous 07 playoff performance. He made so many "Holy crap!" moments, which is what I love to see while watching basketball.

lebomb
07-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Basically DW = CP3

Phillip
07-22-2009, 08:43 AM
I think Deron is more of a pure PG, but CP3 has a more dominant scoring element that makes him tougher to guard and allows him to rack up more assists. The only thing that hurts CP3 is his small size, so it makes it tougher for him on defense, although he's not nearly as bad of a defender as people make him out to be.

Give me CP3.

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 08:47 AM
CP3 because he's better

I agree

Killakobe81
07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
So more points and better FG% = better player? So because Shaq has better averages in both categories he is better than duncan! What about Amare is he too? Stats should never be the lone indicator on who is the better players just one factor, playoff numbers and titles being some of the other key ones as well ...I dont care if stats say CP3 or Shaq is better than Dwill or Duncan my eyes tell me otherwise ...

Killakobe81
07-22-2009, 09:35 AM
Plus in my book head 2 head means a lot also and that goes wayyy on Dwill's side even back to college ...It is close but Dwill gets the edge in my book ...

SpuronyourFace
07-22-2009, 09:42 AM
gimme Dwill, but CP3 is by no means bad, just a bitch.

DAF86
07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
So more points and better FG% = better player? So because Shaq has better averages in both categories he is better than duncan! What about Amare is he too? Stats should never be the lone indicator on who is the better players just one factor, playoff numbers and titles being some of the other key ones as well ...I dont care if stats say CP3 or Shaq is better than Dwill or Duncan my eyes tell me otherwise ...

Well I'm a Spurs fan but... Shaq at his prime > Duncan at his prime

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 09:43 AM
And Deron takes the lead!

DAF86
07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
And we're tied again, man I never thought this would be so close.

rjv
07-22-2009, 10:10 AM
paul-even if i can not stand him

Killakobe81
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Well I'm a Spurs fan but... Shaq at his prime > Duncan at his prime

Too bad his prime lasted only 1 year outside of 2000 Im a Lakers fan i would take Duncan every other year ...

DAF86
07-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Too bad his prime lasted only 1 year outside of 2000 Im a Lakers fan i would take Duncan every other year ...

Shaq's prime was the three-peat of the Lakers. During that time you could've swapped O'neal to 1/3 of the other teams and whoever got Shaq would have won the championship.

jacobdrj
07-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't think anyone doubts that CP3 is more talented. But he is not the type of player that leads a team to a championship. PGs just don't do that unless they have other talents.

DW is Chauncy Billups 2.0. Better, stronger, faster. He has barely been in the NBA 5 seasons and is better than CB3 was in his prime right now. Everything except 3 point shooting. He is a better defender, a better inside player. His game translates into finals berths.

LnGrrrR
07-22-2009, 10:50 AM
I don't know who will win this thing, Kobe or Lebron, but I know who will probably get the least votes on here... (cough cough NASH cough)

I'm guessing Bosh will be thankful Nash is around. :)

Killakobe81
07-22-2009, 11:11 AM
LOL ok so you put Duncan on those Lakers with Kobe Horry etc and they don't win? Yeah right ...I'm sorry cant believe i have to do this but Duncan>Shaq. I agree in Shaq's MVP year i would say it was the equal of Mj's DPOY.MVP year and Hakeem's MVP year and BOTH of those are better than Duncan's greatest year but there is a reason Duncan has more MVP's than both of those guys his consistent, continual greatness ...i would of traded SHaq for Duncan straight-up ...

cheguevara
07-22-2009, 11:15 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao at the morons who picked D-Will.

Somehow, someway, someone who averages fewer points, fewer rebounds (even though he's three inches taller), fewer assists, has a worse field goal percentage, turns the ball over more, two fewer steals, and has a PER that's not even close to CP3's, is better than Chris Paul.

:downspin:

Spurstalk is fucking hilarious!

classic homer

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
I don't see Deron doing as much for his team as Paul does, and Deron is injured alot more.

bdictjames
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
D-Will has gotten to the Conference Finals.

z0sa
07-22-2009, 11:25 AM
I hate the little fucker, but I gotta take CP3 over DWill. Guy is a flatout baller when he's not helifloptering

spursfan1000
07-22-2009, 11:27 AM
D-Will has gotten to the Conference Finals.

yeah, but thats not what the threads about, who is better right now...

jacobdrj
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
helifloptering

Hehe, a new word. Adding to personal dictionary as we speak...

Awesome!

heli-flop-ter; noun - When a player...

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 11:38 AM
I hate the little fucker, but I gotta take CP3 over DWill. Guy is a flatout baller when he's not helifloptering

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Spursfan092120
07-22-2009, 11:40 AM

CP3 is the better PG, but Deron is the better all-around player. If I wanted a pass first PG then I want Paul. If I want a score/pass split I will go with Deron.
This

DAF86
07-22-2009, 12:01 PM
LOL ok so you put Duncan on those Lakers with Kobe Horry etc and they don't win? Yeah right ...I'm sorry cant believe i have to do this but Duncan>Shaq. I agree in Shaq's MVP year i would say it was the equal of Mj's DPOY.MVP year and Hakeem's MVP year and BOTH of those are better than Duncan's greatest year but there is a reason Duncan has more MVP's than both of those guys his consistent, continual greatness ...i would of traded SHaq for Duncan straight-up ...

-You swap Shaq for Robinson and the Spurs are the champions.
-Shaq for Sabonis and the Blazers are the champs.
-Shaq for Divac and the Kings are the champs.
-Shaq for Smits and the Pacers are the champs.
-Shaq for Mutombo and the Sixers or Nets are the champs.

I think you get the point.

DAF86
07-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by RenaldoBalkman

This

CP3 36% from 3pt land
D.Will 31%

Really there's no way to put it to say that Williams is better than Paul.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 12:31 PM

Spurs might have won the title in '00, had Duncan not been hurt.

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Can Some One Explain Me How is DW8 Better than CP3. In my opinion CP3 is in a whole higher level than Dwill.

sook
07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Deron Williams is easily, actually HANDS DOWN the most underrated player in the NBA.

The fact he has still NEVER made the All Star game is just absolutely laughable.

But...Cp3 is better.

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Deron Williams is easily, actually HANDS DOWN the most underrated player in the NBA.

The fact he has still NEVER made the All Star game is just absolutely laughable.

But...Cp3 is better.

WTF? you make no sense!

DAF86
07-22-2009, 01:29 PM
This better not be tied by the time the poll closes 'cause that will fuck everything up.

Killakobe81
07-22-2009, 01:43 PM

You my friend need to stop swinging from the Diesel's tailpipe! He was great but not THAT good ..

Killakobe81
07-22-2009, 02:05 PM
By the way I voted for Dwill but this poll means nothing. IF Dwill wins doesnt mean he is better and same thing other way ...To me any debates should factor head 2 head, win %, playoff victories and playoff numbers ...

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:29 PM

son yet again another ignorant ass post ... get your facts straight.

the Jazz have torched the Hornets ... Paul and William are neck and neck. go look at the stats yourself. neither of them have owned one another repeatedly and their stats are very similar head to head. now on the other hand, Boozer and the rest of the Jazz have absolutely dominated the other Hornets players.

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 02:29 PM

But...Cp3 is better.
Well said:toast

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 02:31 PM
I think I can identify 3 Ghazi trolls that voted for Deron Williams.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:36 PM
By the way I voted for Dwill but this poll means nothing. IF Dwill wins doesnt mean he is better and same thing other way ...To me any debates should factor head 2 head, win %, playoff victories and playoff numbers ...

son the poll is bogus anyways ... I can guarantee you that at least 10 ore more of the votes for Williams are simply because people hate Paul. anytime there is a poll on THIS message board about Paul, they have people who vote against him just for the hell of it. its funny how if you read through this thread, the over whelming amount of votes go to Paul, yet the poll is neck and neck.

the majority of this message board hates Paul, so many people aren't voting the right way ... that's all there is to it.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:36 PM
I think I can identify 3 Ghazi trolls that voted for Deron Williams.

oh and son don't forget about the troll "BRHorent" made by jazzypimp (Williams fan)

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:37 PM
son you are essentially validating my point. Both are excellent at their certain abilities. 2 Different type of PGs for different schemes and structures. Its a matter who would be a better fit for your team.

son I agree ... I think if Paul played for the Jazz, they would have won the championship in 07/08 or at least given the Celtics a run for their money. Williams on the Hornets? ... not so much.

picc84
07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
If I have a team of shooters and finishers I go with CP. If I have a team that has someone else to handle the ball I go with Deron.

I'd take DWill on the Lakers over CP. Man that would be sick.

Overall though i'd say CP3 is probably the better player. He can completely take over a game in every aspect in a way Deron can't. Deron's only real advantage is overall scoring and jumpshooting.

jacobdrj
07-22-2009, 02:42 PM
CP3, to me, is like an intelligent version of White Chocolate. I still wouldn't build a team around either of them... CP3 is much more spectacular. But spectacular passes alone do not a playoff series win.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:51 PM
sons to those of you that are too lazy to look up the stats ...

Chris Paul Regular Season:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2qcfneu.jpg

Deron Williams Regular Season:

http://i30.tinypic.com/2zocl20.jpg

Chris Paul Playoffs:

http://i31.tinypic.com/2hcku4x.jpg

Deron Williams Playoffs:

http://i27.tinypic.com/23kc2n4.jpg

jacobdrj
07-22-2009, 02:53 PM
BRHornet45, do you know where I can find CP3/DW's crunch time stats? I'll get them myself, if you can point me in the right direction...

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 02:55 PM
BRHornet45, do you know where I can find CP3/DW's crunch time stats? I'll get them myself, if you can point me in the right direction...

hmmm ... basketball-reference is a good one

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 02:56 PM
oh and son don't forget about the troll "BRHorent" made by jazzypimp (Williams fan)

I thought that was Ghazi......I know his monos troll voted.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 02:57 PM
:lmao CP3 has Williams beat in basically every category.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 03:13 PM
A more suitable debate is who is better, Billups or Paul?

Billups certainly has a case, he did wax that ass in the playoffs. And don't give me the superior team or injury BS, Billups outplayed Paul, head to head. Outclassed

Paul has a losing record v Williams
Paul is 0-2 in playoffs v Parker/Billups

Paul is the 4th best PG in the game, behind Billups, Parker, and Deron.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 03:13 PM
I thought that was Ghazi......I know his monos troll voted.

I ain't BR Horent although I did bust out 3 trolls to vote :lol

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 03:18 PM
I ain't BR Horent although I did bust out 3 trolls to vote :lol

son so you even admit it lol ... not to mention jazzypimp's troll and God only knows how many others.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 03:19 PM
A more suitable debate is who is better, Billups or Paul?

Billups certainly has a case, he did wax that ass in the playoffs. And don't give me the superior team or injury BS, Billups outplayed Paul, head to head. Outclassed

Paul has a losing record v Williams
Paul is 0-2 in playoffs v Parker/Billups

Paul is the 4th best PG in the game, behind Billups, Parker, and Deron.

LMAO son ... if we are judging players based on your views, then Dirk is barely even a top 10 PF.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Nah Dirk is 4-2 v great PF's I can recall in the playoffs :)... Duncan/Amare/Garnett/Gasol... nobody routinely dominates him.

0-1 v West, but we're talking about great PF's, not PF's who aren't even top 20 at their position.

eh forgot about C Webb, but whatever

Go Dirk!

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Nah Dirk is 4-2 v great PF's I can recall in the playoffs :)... Duncan/Amare/Garnett/Gasol... nobody routinely dominates him.

0-1 v West, but we're talking about great PF's, not PF's who aren't even top 20 at their position.

son you're right up there in my book as one of the funniest posters on this board.

by the way, where did Tyson take your wife last night?

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Son I don't have a wife :lol

NBAfan83
07-22-2009, 03:27 PM
CP3 is a better player and someone to build around. It just sucks that CP3 is in the same situation that Lebron is, stuck with overpaid scrubs who can't play a lick, TBH if hornets were in the east, they'd probably have a better record too. The guy can flat out ball and is a game changer.

If i wanted a good PG who knows his role in the game, id get deron williams, if i wanted a PG to either build around or to pair with an all-star big man, i'd go with paul.

From a Mav's stand point, they should be choosing paul over deron williams because CP3's game is more like JKidds game.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 03:28 PM
From a Mav's stand point, they should be choosing paul over deron williams because CP3's game is more like JKidds game.

son why do you think Ghazi is so damn bitter about Paul? lol

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 03:30 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ran...d=331#topOfList (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ran...d=331#topOfList)

ESPN is doing best PG's right now.

The results thus far:
# 1 Chris Paul (3,786) 85,394
# 2 Deron Williams (315) 68,585
# 3 Chauncey Billups (419) 68,382
# 4 Steve Nash (448) 68,237
# 5 Tony Parker (231) 67,314
# 6 Derrick Rose (99) 49,989
# 7 Rajon Rondo (101) 47,653
# 8 Jason Kidd (56) 44,780
# 9 Baron Davis (16) 38,065
# 10 Devin Harris (16) 37,313
# 11 Jameer Nelson (24) 35,024
# 12 Gilbert Arenas (34) 34,464
# 13 Mo Williams (26) 25,273
# 14 Allen Iverson (42) 24,664
# 15 Jason Terry (7) 22,070
# 16 Jose Calderon (21) 18,604

()= 1st place votes

Damn, #'s 2-5 are very close

#1 by a margin or what?!:toast

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 03:39 PM
What's the numbers in the parenthesis?

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 03:40 PM
What's the numbers in the parenthesis?

1st place votes:downspin:

Red Hawk #21
07-22-2009, 03:55 PM
D-Will

R4R
07-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Deron Williams, but I voted for CP3 since he's losing. Hopefully one guy or the other wins by 1, then I'll know my vote counted xD

diego
07-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I agree with others who feel that williams will eventually be the better player.

but as far as the contest, it says to pick the player you think gives you the best chance to win next season, and right now between the two that is paul.

however, if I were to be making my ideal team for next season with those 16 players, I'd personally go for a defensive team with duncan, garnett, james, wade and billups. of the 16, there are lots of players that are better than those 5 but I like defense and I think those players would work well together. So maybe the OP should clarify if we are choosing these guys to be the number 1 franchise player, or pieces of a larger puzzle.

also, its not clear whether we should take into account injuries. taking into account injuries, 4 out of the 5 guys i chose on my ideal team would not get picked :lol

diego
07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
oh and I voted for cp3 even though I think he is a scumbag (and I dont care what he's done in the community, on the court he drives me crazy, and not because of his driving ability or clutch shots)

Brazil
07-22-2009, 04:37 PM
lol I voted DW just to balance the votes, I thought it would be 1 to 10.

I really like DW, he is a great player but CP3 is better.

Sorry BR my vote will contribute to piss you off...

Brazil
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ran...d=331#topOfList (http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/ran...d=331#topOfList)

ESPN is doing best PG's right now.

The results thus far:
# 1 Chris Paul (3,786) 85,394
# 2 Deron Williams (315) 68,585
# 3 Chauncey Billups (419) 68,382
# 4 Steve Nash (448) 68,237
# 5 Tony Parker (231) 67,314
# 6 Derrick Rose (99) 49,989
# 7 Rajon Rondo (101) 47,653
# 8 Jason Kidd (56) 44,780
# 9 Baron Davis (16) 38,065
# 10 Devin Harris (16) 37,313
# 11 Jameer Nelson (24) 35,024
# 12 Gilbert Arenas (34) 34,464
# 13 Mo Williams (26) 25,273
# 14 Allen Iverson (42) 24,664
# 15 Jason Terry (7) 22,070
# 16 Jose Calderon (21) 18,604

()= 1st place votes

Damn, #'s 2-5 are very close

#1 by a margin or what?!:toast

lol at Nash at the #4 spot

carrao45
07-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Kobe elbows players on the court.

Again, i don't care, as long as he continues to be the great player he is, i don't care

DAF86
07-22-2009, 05:03 PM
If you create new accounts only to vote for "X" player, you have a pretty sad life. Just saying.

carrao45
07-22-2009, 05:10 PM
If you create new accounts only to vote for "X" player, you have a pretty sad life. Just saying.

Are there going to be more threads like this?

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 05:14 PM
77-56!

Red Hawk #21
07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
lol chris paul

jacobdrj
07-22-2009, 05:16 PM
77-56!

DW is starting to pull away... go figure. Time zone issue?

sonic21
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
:lol

wow a lot of trolls voted for deron

DAF86
07-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Are there going to be more threads like this?

Yep, with the other players on the list.

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 05:52 PM

I think you just offended a lot of people:toast

Girasuck
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
son the poll is bogus anyways ... I can guarantee you that at least 10 ore more of the votes for Williams are simply because people hate Paul. anytime there is a poll on THIS message board about Paul, they have people who vote against him just for the hell of it. its funny how if you read through this thread, the over whelming amount of votes go to Paul, yet the poll is neck and neck.

the majority of this message board hates Paul, so many people aren't voting the right way ... that's all there is to it.

Ok then. Give Paul the 10 votes because of the hate issue. DWill is still winning. Hell, give Paul 15 votes due to the hate issue. DWill is still winning. What now?

BTW I just read all 8 pages and have to say that I haven't been this entertained in a while. Watching the Hornets fans bitch and moan because their boy isn't winning was well worth the 20 minutes of reading.

Just face facts sons...DWILL > cp3

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
lol chris paul
http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=331#topOfList
Paul Has 10 times more 1st place votes than anyone

I'd take sportsnation's result way before spurstalk results. Not nearly as biased, no trolls, and no one voting for spite. This spurstalk poll is a perfect example of how pathetic some people on this site really are. Do you think hornets' fans that frequent this site didn't see this comming? I'm happy Paul is going to lose this, b/c is was predetermined anyway.

RedHawk? Why do you LOL at CP3 so much? The Hawks are Garbage! Thank God for the Clippers, or the Hawks would still be the sorriest franchise in the league. If Paul was on the Hawks, he would easily be the best player, and would turn your team into contenders(something the Hawks have never/will never be). I feel sorry for you and your family.:whine

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Ok then. Give Paul the 10 votes because of the hate issue. DWill is still winning. Hell, give Paul 15 votes due to the hate issue. DWill is still winning. What now?

BTW I just read all 8 pages and have to say that I haven't been this entertained in a while. Watching the Hornets fans bitch and moan because their boy isn't winning was well worth the 20 minutes of reading.

SpursTalk...hypocrisy at it's finest.

lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:06 PM
Without the trolls this either even or in Paul's favor.....just look at the list.

wireonfire
07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Again, i don't care, as long as he continues to be the great player he is, i don't care

What if he forces onto your gf?

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Without the trolls this either even or in Paul's favor.....just look at the list.

Where can I see that? seriously I've looking for it and I can't find it.

sook
07-22-2009, 06:09 PM
WTF? you make no sense!

I'm sorry it was so tough to decipher. Dwill is the most underrated player in the NBA, but he is still not better than Cp3.

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 06:11 PM

And the jazz fans aren't? Like a poll on Spurstalk means shit?:bang

Take your "better pg" while ours will continue to make All-Nba Team(1st or 2nd, not 3rd) All NBA defensive teams, all-star teams, and even the starting PG in the Olympics over DW.

gaKNOW!blee
07-22-2009, 06:13 PM
And the jazz fans aren't? Like a poll on Spurstalk means shit?:bang

Take your "better pg" while ours will continue to make All-Nba Team(1st or 2nd, not 3rd) All NBA defensive teams, all-star teams, and even the starting PG in the Olympics over DW.

Like he deserves that lol:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:14 PM

Click on either number.

Hornets1

Just click on the # of votes next to the players.

Looking at the Dwill list is hillarious. BRHorent, BRhorent's son:lol

Ghazi
blowout city!

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Just click on the # of votes next to the players.

Looking at the Dwill list is hillarious. BRHorent, BRhorent's son:lol

Thanks.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM
Nazr Mouhammed :lmao

sook
07-22-2009, 06:16 PM
This is really sad,

BRhorent = Jazzy Pimp he himself confessed.

Its sad to see what some jazz fans will do even though i think Deron is a top 10 player in the league

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:18 PM
It appears BUMP thinks Deron Williams is better :lol

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:19 PM
It appears BUMP thinks Deron Williams is better :lol

Bump voted for CP3

sonic21
07-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Bump voted for CP3

but Epic Fail aka BUMP voted for deron

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Rappin Mac in, Rappin Biedrinis, Rappin Lamar.

:lol This is turning out to be even better than I thought.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Bump voted for CP3

BUMP also just mind fucked the shit out of you.

sook
I counted at least 14 for sure trolls on the deron votes

DAF86
but Epic Fail aka BUMP voted for deron

Well that's just dumb and it doesn't make sense :lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
I counted at least 14 for sure trolls on the deron votes

3 of them I know are BUMP trolls.

sook
07-22-2009, 06:23 PM
3 of them I know are BUMP trolls.

lol sad.

sonic21
07-22-2009, 06:25 PM
lots of Ghazi's trolls too

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 06:28 PM
Dwill voters: Nazr mohammed/Brhorent/brhorent's son/brad wilkerson/ barrybonds/albery haynesworth/ bradsham/collinsullivan(1 post)/ Drew Bledsoe/Ghazi and Ghazii/ HennyYoungman/HubieBrown/KevinHarlen/Phill Jackson/ Rappin Mi'can/ Rappin Biedrins/ Rappin Lamar and of course the great TimDuncan

Can we just give this to Deron, so he can say he beat Paul in something.

Funny thing is that CP3 is called a classless piece of shit, yet I recognize everyone's screen name who voted for him. However, people who hate on him vote under numerous names for williams. The same people who call Paul a "cheater, piece of shit, etc."

:toastAhh! The irony!:whine

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16155

:lmao

Warlord23
07-22-2009, 06:34 PM
List of trolls voting for D-Will (updated: 27 at the moment):

Albert Haynesworth, Barry Bonds, Brad Sham, Brad Wilkerson, BRHorent's son, BRHorent45, colinsullivan, Dr House, Drew Bledsoe, Epic Fail, Ghazi, Ghazii, Henny Youngman, Hubie Brown, Jheum Jhang, Kevin Harlan, monoslyab1k, Nazr Mohammed, Phil Jackson, Rappin' 'Mic'an, Rappin' Biedrins, Rappin' Lamar, samikeyp., so0k, Tim Duncan, tlongII, Yoh

Edit: list updated

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:35 PM
List of trolls voting for D-Will (25 at the moment):

Albert Haynesworth, Barry Bonds, Brad Sham, Brad Wilkerson, BRHorent's son, BRHorent45, Dr House, Drew Bledsoe, Epic Fail, Ghazi, Ghazii, Henny Youngman, Hubie Brown, Jheum Jhang, Kevin Harlan, monoslyab1k, Nazr Mohammed, Phil Jackson, Rappin' 'Mic'an, Rappin' Biedrins, Rappin' Lamar, samikeyp., so0k, Tim Duncan, tlongII

You still forgot a few lol

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:35 PM
List of trolls voting for D-Will (25 at the moment):

Albert Haynesworth, Barry Bonds, Brad Sham, Brad Wilkerson, BRHorent's son, BRHorent45, Dr House, Drew Bledsoe, Epic Fail, Ghazi, Ghazii, Henny Youngman, Hubie Brown, Jheum Jhang, Kevin Harlan, monoslyab1k, Nazr Mohammed, Phil Jackson, Rappin' 'Mic'an, Rappin' Biedrins, Rappin' Lamar, samikeyp., so0k, Tim Duncan, tlongII

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16155

You were forgetting that one.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Also:

sniper
Ignorant Spurs fan
CollinSullivan
Dirk4Giggles

So roughly 30 trolls :lol

Warlord23
07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
You still forgot a few lol

Yeah I added a couple more lol

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 06:39 PM
Also:

sniper
Ignorant Spurs fan
CollinSullivan
Dirk4Giggles

So roughly 30 trolls :lol

:lol:rollinInsecurity at it's finest

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:40 PM
I think it's pretty funny, it's not like an internet message board determines who is actually better.

Ghazi
07-22-2009, 06:41 PM
The people have spoken!

DAF86
07-22-2009, 06:44 PM
The people have spoken!

I have the feeling this will get crowded for the next matchup.

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 06:48 PM
This is really sad,

BRhorent = Jazzy Pimp he himself confessed.

Its sad to see what some jazz fans will do even though i think Deron is a top 10 player in the league

Homie, I am brhorent and that is it. I am not any of those other people so you can stfu!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 06:52 PM
God dam how many trolls does BUMP have?

Girasuck
07-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Poor CP3. Maybe redzero and Hornets1 can suck CP3's dick a little harder tonight to make him feel better about the results.

redzero
07-22-2009, 07:12 PM
Why will Deron Williams "eventually be the better player?" What has he shown to suggest that? I guess Chris Paul will one day just stop being better than Williams at almost everything, and turn into a scrub. People said that they would take Williams for his 3-point shooting--he shoots the 3 worse than Paul. People have said that they would take Williams because he's bigger--he gets half as many rebounds as Paul.

If people on this board really had to chose between Williams and Paul, they would pick Paul without question.

redzero
07-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Poor CP3. Maybe redzero and Hornets1 can suck CP3's dick a little harder tonight to make him feel better about the results.

Why? The Hornets clearly have the better point guard. Maybe the Jazz aren't still kicking themselves for picking Williams over Paul in the draft.

carrao45
07-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Yep, with the other players on the list.

So which players are next?

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Huh. 100 to 59.

I voted for Deron, but there's something fishy about the voting right now.

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM

Right. We don't need to create trolls to win an internet poll. We are the obsessed, insecure losers, right? Must be one of those crazy mormon beliefs....

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Why? The Hornets clearly have the better point guard. Maybe the Jazz aren't still kicking themselves for picking Williams over Paul in the draft.

Arguments between fans are pointless. Your constant plea to get erections out of certain people are comical. You and BR need to have a sleepover! That will get all this rage out of your system.

jazzypimp
07-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Right. We don't need to create trolls to win an internet poll. We are the obsessed, insecure losers, right? Must be one of those crazy mormon beliefs....

But you are BR's troll!:downspin:

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 07:32 PM
But you are BR's troll!:downspin:

No, I'm not:bang

BTW OP, I'd like to see a Duncan/Dirk matchup.

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
LMAO at this rigged ass poll ... jesus christ how many trolls does Ghazi, Bump, jazzypimp, etc. have?

BRHornet45
07-22-2009, 07:52 PM

LMAO you stupid fucking mormon

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 07:53 PM
LMAO at this rigged ass poll ... jesus christ how many trolls does Ghazi, Bump, jazzypimp, etc. have?

And jazzypimp thinks I'm a troll of you:lol

Kinda hard to be the same person when u live in Nola and I live in lafayette:rollin

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 07:56 PM
wow people make accounts just to vote against the player they hate.. Wow just wow

sook
07-22-2009, 07:58 PM
LMAO you stupid fucking mormon

Henke
07-22-2009, 08:04 PM
Deron.

Paul is great as well but I prefer D-Will,I like his style more.

sook
07-22-2009, 08:05 PM
Homie, I am brhorent and that is it. I am not any of those other people so you can stfu!

The fact you actually voted in this poll with youre troll proves my point exactly.

Obsessing much over an internet poll? If you knew deron was better you wouldn't have to go to these great lengths.

sook
07-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Deron.

Paul is great as well but I prefer D-Will,I like his style more.

Thought you wouldn't radiate your troll characteristics by actually making an intellectual assertion?

They are piling up and its pathetic.

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 08:07 PM
1 troll, 100 trolls.....Doesn't matter, you took time to CHEAT IN AN INTERNET POLL.

Joseph smith is looking down on you........

sook
07-22-2009, 08:08 PM
this has turned into Yi Vs Garnett in last year's AS game voting

23LeBronJames23
07-22-2009, 08:11 PM
jazzypimp u lame

La Peace
07-22-2009, 08:14 PM
this has turned into Yi Vs Garnett in last year's AS game voting

Henke
07-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Thought you wouldn't radiate your troll characteristics by actually making an intellectual assertion?

They are piling up and its pathetic.

Calm down dude,I'm not a troll(just check my ''join date'').

I just prefer Deron and I don't think this is very weird.:toast

Brazil
07-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Am I the only one without any troll ?

Brazil
07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
lol http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16351