PDA

View Full Version : I think my cat is going to die tonight. :(

Cry Havoc
07-21-2009, 11:50 PM
She has been a wonderful part of our family ever since she crawled up to our porch over 14 years ago with a litter of just born kittens (earning her the name, "Mama cat"), hoping we'd let her in to save their lives and perhaps hers. We did, and all of them but one ran away, but she stayed with us. She's provided our family with a lot of love and care over the years, but now age has finally started to win the battle.

We estimate that she has lived around 16 years, which is absolutely phenomenal for a cat. Still, it's tough to see her go, even if she isn't in any pain. She disappeared about 2 weeks ago, only to pop up 3 days later and has been losing so much weight ever since. She is down under half her body weight of just a couple of months ago, and I think even she can tell it's time.

I'm not doing so well with it. It's tough to lose a constant in your life, one that has been around for so long. It just bothers me how uncompromisable the situation is. There's simply nothing we or I can do to help her except make her comfortable.

Rough night in store for me. I haven't lost a pet since my German Shepherd passed away many many years ago. :depressed

Cropped pic so you guys don't have to see me. :wakeup

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v116/whisperingstorm/Mama7-21-09.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-21-2009, 11:51 PM
Best of luck. I don't even want to think about the wreck I'll be when my dog dies.

jaffies
07-21-2009, 11:53 PM
That sucks.
Looks like a cool cat.

duncan228
07-21-2009, 11:55 PM
She's beautiful Cry Havoc. Sorry for your pain. It's hard to lose a family member, I just lost one in January. Try to take some comfort in the long, wonderful life she's had with you and the love she's brought. I know it's hard but it's good that you're with her.

Udokafan05
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Cool looking calico cat. Good luck to her. Losing a pet is one of hardest parts of life.

BlackSwordsMan
07-21-2009, 11:57 PM
um go to a vet?

Suicidal Jack
07-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Losing a pet is one of hardest parts of life.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You must lead an easy life.

Sp Ginobili 20
07-22-2009, 12:04 AM
Sorry to hear :depressed About a month ago, my sister and I had to put one of our cats to sleep because he had neurological problems. It was one of the hardest days to go through. At least you provided your cat with a great home and that she's ending her life happily.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
07-22-2009, 12:08 AM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

You must lead an easy life.

god you're a douche bag.

balli
07-22-2009, 12:13 AM
She does look like a cool cat. Sorry Havoc.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 12:16 AM
She's beautiful Cry Havoc. Sorry for your pain. It's hard to lose a family member, I just lost one in January. Try to take some comfort in the long, wonderful life she's had with you and the love she's brought. I know it's hard but it's good that you're with her.

Thanks to you and everyone else for the kind thoughts.

um go to a vet?

We have, twice. He simply said she's very old, and her teeth have almost all fallen out. She refuses to eat or drink, no matter what we put in front of her. All the medicines in the world won't help if you're just too old to keep going. As Hugh Laurie said in an episode of House, "Everything we do in medicine, in the end, is just a stall."

The vet said that basically anything he can do for her now is just to buy her a little time. The tests just to find out what's wrong would be extremely expensive, to say nothing of treatment. And there's no guarantee that anything can be done, especially at this late stage.

She's very happy though. I thought she was going to pass last night, and she ended up hopping up into my bed to spend the night with me (which she almost never does). Her way of saying goodbye? I dunno.

BadOdor
07-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Losing a pet you've had for so long is like losing a family member.

phyzik
07-22-2009, 12:31 AM
I can understand how you feel right now as far as losing a pet, I currently have a Toy poodle that belonged to my mom. She (my Mom) passed away almost 2 years ago. The dog is getting REALLY old now and I'm afraid I may have to put him down. He is pretty much the last "living" tie I have to my Mom, she loved this dog, she actually wanted a burial spot for him next to her (which always creeped me and my brothers out, we would always give her shit :lol). I just have to say though, as far as cats Im a bit jaded. I've had a cat as a pet, her name was Toby, and she was an outright bitch sometimes.

There was some good times though. She would sleep on my chest at night and nuzzle my neck but as she got older, she started to drool on me. Then she started pissing wherever she wanted in the house except for the litter box. She would bite (since she was de-clawed) for no reason at all.

I eventually took her to the humane society.

My neighbor has loose cats that run amok in the neighborhood and they breed way too much, I fucking hate cats now because of them, paw prints on my cars, digging into my trash, fucking eachother right under my window.... fuck them.

Sorry for your loss if it comes to be, but honestly, fuck cats.

BlackSwordsMan
07-22-2009, 12:36 AM
she ended up hopping up into my bed to spend the night with me (which she almost never does). Her way of saying goodbye? I dunno.

:toast

tlongII
07-22-2009, 12:40 AM
Get another cat.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Get another cat.

Thanks for your well thought-out post. Why even take the time to click the thread if you're going to be an asshole?

Fpoonsie
07-22-2009, 12:50 AM
CH, I'm really sorry. About a year ago, I lost a dog that had been in my family for over 10 years -- which was an eternity compared to my previous pets' longevity. Unfortunately, I had left home for school and only received the news by phone, unable to express any type of goodbye. My only advice is to cherish the time you and your family have with her until her time comes.

Good luck, man.

tlongII
07-22-2009, 01:06 AM
Thanks for your well thought-out post. Why even take the time to click the thread if you're going to be an asshole?

Okay get two cats then.

LuvBones
07-22-2009, 01:31 AM
CH I'm so sorry about your cat... it's a tough time to go through. I hope she's not in any pain and hopefully her suffering will end soon. Just remember that you gave her a good, long life. *hugs*

sook
07-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Okay get two cats then.

youre such a fucking dickhead.

On a side not, that really really sucks dude. I had a cat i raised by myself starting when it was just a few weeks old and I remember how sad I was when I had to give it away because I knew it wasn't fair for me to keep it to myself when I could not give it the time some one else could.

Its tough moving on but best of luck.

Frenzy
07-22-2009, 02:35 AM
That's part of the reason I refuse to have a pets(dogs,cats) they live 10-15 years...depending on breed. I don't wanna go through all that crap. I had a dog die when i was like 9. I cried...jeeze it blew majorly. So no pets for me...ever.

good luck headphones.

Strike
07-22-2009, 05:58 AM
Sorry to hear about that, CH. I've lost a few pets in my life. I had a dog when I was little. A Shetland Sheepdog (kinda like a mini-Lassie) named "Mister". He basically grew up with me. When I would ride my big-wheel around my pool he would run with me, always between me and the pool. My mom said it was his way of protecting me. I don't know if that's true, but it's a happy memory. he lived to be 15 years old and died when I was 14. It was a sunny morning in July when my Dad gave me the news just a few minutes after I got out of bed. He'd found the dog earlier in the morning.

Losing a pet, especially a pet one has had for a long time, is always difficult. Your pain is felt by many, CH.

sonic21
07-22-2009, 06:26 AM
that sucks. Best of luck

Rogue
07-22-2009, 06:43 AM
Humans are made to lose the ones they love... Probably we should get turtles as our pets instead of dogs or cats.

SpursStalker
07-22-2009, 07:18 AM
I know all about your loss ...

:depressed

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 08:11 AM
She has been a wonderful part of our family ever since she crawled up to our porch over 14 years ago with a litter of just born kittens (earning her the name, "Mama cat"), hoping we'd let her in to save their lives and perhaps hers. We did, and all of them but one ran away, but she stayed with us. She's provided our family with a lot of love and care over the years, but now age has finally started to win the battle.

We estimate that she has lived around 16 years, which is absolutely phenomenal for a cat. Still, it's tough to see her go, even if she isn't in any pain. She disappeared about 2 weeks ago, only to pop up 3 days later and has been losing so much weight ever since. She is down under half her body weight of just a couple of months ago, and I think even she can tell it's time.

I'm not doing so well with it. It's tough to lose a constant in your life, one that has been around for so long. It just bothers me how uncompromisable the situation is. There's simply nothing we or I can do to help her except make her comfortable.

Rough night in store for me. I haven't lost a pet since my German Shepherd passed away many many years ago. :depressed

:depressed I'm so sorry to hear this. I have a female calico and she's 15 yrs old so I know I'll have to face this someday. At least you'll be able to say good-bye.

phyzik
07-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Get an African Grey Parrot if you dont want to feel the pain of loss... They will most likely outlive you if you take care of them properly. It's not unheard of for one of them to live up to 75 years of age.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-22-2009, 09:44 AM
sorry to hear that. i have one that's almost 13 years old and i can see him slowly slowing down. i'm already preparing myself for that day.

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 09:45 AM
sorry to hear that. i have one that's almost 13 years old and i can see him slowly slowing down. i'm already preparing myself for that day.

What's he look like? Name?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-22-2009, 09:55 AM
What's he look like? Name?
furry. with a tail. couple of ears. his name is vinnie and is one of the coolest cats i know. people who hate cats love vinnie.

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 09:56 AM
furry. with a tail. couple of ears. his name is vinnie and is one of the coolest cats i know. people who hate cats love vinnie.

Pics? :lol Now I remember what his name was.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Pics? :lol Now I remember what his name was.
i'll see what i can do

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 10:06 AM
i'll see what i can do

:tu

BlackSwordsMan
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
did she die?

Chingo Bling
07-22-2009, 11:02 AM
pinche gatos. Thass what they do man. They die. Chihuahua vato I sorry. I hope jou is ok and I wich jou the bess.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/Fredcat/Cats%252005/Cat-

BruceBowenFan
07-22-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear this ch, all you can do right is just make her comfortable. I know what you are exactly going through. Just stay strong man.

z0sa
07-22-2009, 11:44 AM
we should smoke its eyeballs

angel_luv
07-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm very very sorry to hear about your cat. I know how difficult it is to lose a pet. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I. Hustle
07-22-2009, 12:27 PM
If he lived a good life he will go to kitty heaven but if he was a bad kitty then...

Who are you to judge?

Heath Ledger
07-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Damn I feel your pain. My fiance and I once had a cat that had a litter, they all had feline leukemia. One by one all 6 of the kittens died over a 6 month to one year time frame. All but the mamma cat who lived for many years before disappearing.

I will also be a mess when our female pitt passes, she is 11 years old which is a long time for a pitt.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Update:

She's still alive, but obviously it's all a matter of time.

She drank some water today and ate a tiny bit of food, but she's still very weak and now kind of wants to be by herself. It's getting tough to see her like this.

The Terminator
07-22-2009, 07:22 PM
hasta la vista, kitty.

BruceBowenFan
07-22-2009, 07:27 PM
hasta la vista, kitty.

:nope

Heath Ledger
07-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Dude you should probably put her down, it doesnt cost a lot and will spare her some misery. It's the right thing to do in my opinion. Either way the cat goes it will be tough.

CuckingFunt
07-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Dude you should probably put her down, it doesnt cost a lot and will spare her some misery. It's the right thing to do in my opinion. Either way the cat goes it will be tough.

Seconded. If she's as far gone as it sounds, I don't think that putting it off is doing her any favors.

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 07:48 PM

At least she had a good, long life:toast.

We had a cat for 12 years, and we had to put it down last year, b/c it had leukemia. Still getting over it:depressed

Good luck man! Just try to be strong, and know that when it's over, she will be at peace. Losing close pet really is like losing a family member. Best thing you can do is try to spend as much time as possible w/ her.

Hornets1
07-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Seconded. If she's as far gone as it sounds, I don't think that putting it off is doing her any favors.

I had to make that ride with my dad. The ride where u bring the cat to the vet to put it down, knowing it's the last time you will see her. Worst car ride ever......

jcrod
07-22-2009, 07:52 PM

Weird, if it weren't for the dog we have already. We would be keeping the dog and her two pups that ended up at our doorstep this weekend. My boy (now all of us) calls her Mamma dog. Sorry.

Das Texan
07-22-2009, 08:18 PM
We were gonna take our last dog to the vet in the morning to be put down. Said our goodbyes the night before and all that jazz. Had been basically having heart failure off and on for about 2 days. Would just fall and then get back up. Anyway, the next morning when we went out to get her, she had already expired. Sucked losing that dog, but its a part of life.

Dog was born in the house and died in the house (or I should say in the back yard)

its really gonna suck when my current dog dies in some 14 years or so (he is 1 now, dont know how long border collies live)

mrcoon29
07-22-2009, 08:50 PM
I know how hard this is {{hugs}}

tlongII
07-22-2009, 10:41 PM

I'll do it for free! :tu

phyzik
07-22-2009, 10:46 PM
I had to make that ride with my dad. The ride where u bring the cat to the vet to put it down, knowing it's the last time you will see her. Worst car ride ever......

My toughest ride was letting my pet Squirell go. His name was Rocky. BEST PET EVER! I cried my ass off.... of course I was only 12, but damn that was the best pet I ever had. a fucking Squirell! He would hang out on my shoulder, I'd box with him with my fingers, he would sleep wth me, never bit any of the family.

As wierd as it sounds to have a pet squirell, they are amazing pets if you have less than 4 people living in your house.

Cry Havoc
07-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Tlong, please stop posting in this thread. This is a request. Thanks.

ploto
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Rest in the knowledge that you gave her a good life.

Leetonidas
07-23-2009, 12:20 AM
That really sucks man. I have two cats, one of them is almost 15 years old and I've had him since I was a kid and the other my girlfriend just got me for this last Christmas and she's only 10 months. I love cats, they're awesome pets. I'm gonna be sad when the older cat dies, which I think will be within the next few years because he's been threw a lot. But that's life I guess.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-23-2009, 12:26 AM
Sorry about your pussy :(

sook
07-23-2009, 12:29 AM
tlong aren't you like 50? why the fuck do you act so immature?

sabar
07-23-2009, 12:44 AM
I have had many pets die, to the point that I'm no longer moved emotionally as far as depression or crying goes. They all died violently from being hit by cars until recently.

I've had 2 cats pass on from disease in the past half year or so. It was a different experience. The first had liver disease and very rapidly went from healthy to anorexic with jaundiced skin. She ate food but always vomited it later. She was pretty happy though so we let her live her life out. Over the period of a few hours though she turned miserable and had seizures and convulsions. By the time the morning rolled around she had passed away not even knowing what was going on, totally unresponsive to feeling, voice, food, everything. It turned out liver disease can cause a brain edema, which was a pretty violent and painful end.

The second cat weakened over the course of a few days too, seemingly from perfect health to not eating or moving. We learned our lesson and decided to euthanize her, even though she seemed at peace. She went out purring, quickly and peacefully.

In both cases tests couldn't determine the root cause and hence there was no treatment other than end of life care. If you know it is the end, you should just get the euthanasia done. Cats are very good at masking pain as a sign of weakness would make them a target in the wild. It's a hard choice, but I regret advising against it in hindsight to the first cat. She has a terrible ending even though hours before she seemed at peace without pain.

Good luck with whatever happens, it can be tough.
This is the only picture I have if anyone is curious. She was really jaundiced as you can see. She was pretty healthy at this point, just a little underweight.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c9/Jaundiced_cat.jpg/800px-Jaundiced_cat.jpg

PuttPutt
07-23-2009, 12:51 AM
Dude, that sucks. I've been bummed out for a couple of months about my cat too. My wife & I traveled to SA a few months back & when I got back my cat, of 7 years was gone. My brother-in-law & his wife were supposed to watching my cat & well she got out & apparently ran off. It sucked & I'm still pissed about it. Not the same situation as yours, but it still sucks. I feel for you man.

On a lighter note, we just got a Pixie Bob kitten on Sunday. My wife helped get him for me for our 8 year anniversary on Monday. Not the same cat, but I really like him so far.

Again, I feel for you.

lebomb
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM
Sorry about your pet (cat) man. Even though Im not a cat fan at all. Sneaky bastards!!!!!

JudynTX
07-23-2009, 08:53 AM
:( This thread makes me so sad.

BruceBowenFan
07-23-2009, 11:52 AM
http://artiewayne.files.wordpress.com/2006/11/kitten-and-gun.jpg

Really, you guys are really immature.

Sp Ginobili 20
07-23-2009, 11:58 AM
:( This thread makes me so sad.

Ditto:depressed. This thread just makes me want to take as many pictures of my cats as possible. I have a couple of cats and I can't imagine the day when they won't be around anymore.

Here's a picture of them. Don't mind the clutter!
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/Shaaaayna/Animals/003.jpg

BruceBowenFan
07-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Dude badass cats, i like how the black cat kinda has that look on his face like wtf.

JudynTX
07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Ditto:depressed. This thread just makes me want to take as many pictures of my cats as possible. I have a couple of cats and I can't imagine the day when they won't be around anymore.

Oh how precious., especially the calico. That's one thing I don't have enough of, pictures of Patches. I plan to take lots of pictures of her.

CubanMustGo
07-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Tlong, please stop posting. This is a request. Thanks.

Strike
07-23-2009, 12:13 PM

Nice cats. I dig cats. My 2 cats (not really since the ex took them with her) are awesome.
http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/29/l_9fe59620d37640f18c45add02c279b31.jpg
Prilly (the white one) has one blue eye, one yellow eye. Poppie (the black one) is 110% affectionate. They used to sit at the window and watch for me to get home from work. Soon as I'd walk in the door they'd trip over each other trying to get to me for some love. They are the only thing the ex took that I miss.

xellos88330
07-23-2009, 12:14 PM
I cannot stand losing a pet. I think it is because a pet cannot talk back and tell you what is wrong. Talk about feeling helpless.

Wish you the best.

tlongII
07-23-2009, 12:26 PM
http://uqconnect.net/~zzpclach/Big%20Cats/cat%20and%20dingo.jpg

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-23-2009, 12:29 PM
That looks like a fox on the left. The one on the right looks like the older chick I met a few years ago.

tlongII
07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
That looks like a fox on the left. The one on the right looks like the older chick I met a few years ago.

That's a dingo on the left.

Sp Ginobili 20
07-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Dude badass cats, i like how the black cat kinda has that look on his face like wtf.

The black one and the one next to her are my sister's cats. The black is a girl named Macchi and the small one is a boy, Georgie. The tortie is mine. Her name is Corrie. It's nice seeing all the pictures of people's cats :toast

tlongII
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
This is my cat. I can't take care of it anymore so I'm giving it away.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m172/zeezee6175/FreeDeadCat.jpg

The Terminator
07-23-2009, 01:08 PM
it's in a feline's nature to destroy itself.

wannabe Moderator
07-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Okay Tlong.. :lol ....stop it!!

lebomb
07-23-2009, 01:16 PM
http://uqconnect.net/~zzpclach/Big%20Cats/cat%20and%20dingo.jpg

:lmao Awwwwwwww................thats just wrong. :lmao

to21
07-23-2009, 01:17 PM
I have a cat and can :lol at Tlong.

It's insensitive and I wouldn't do it, but I :lol.

Chingo Bling
07-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey man are jou selling the Dingo rug? It would look bruto in my bassroom

marini martini
07-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I have a cat and can :lmao at Tlong.

It's insensitive and I wouldn't do it, but I :lmao.

Sorry about your cat though. It's tough, when they've been so close for so long.

Jimcs50
07-23-2009, 03:55 PM
My wife and I had two cats for 19 and 20 yrs and one especially was like a member of our family so when she died it was pretty bad for the three of us(my son, and wife).We now have 3 cats and 2 dogs. The oldest cat is going to be 9 this year and she is probably the best pet that I have ever had. She is my shadow, she goes wherever I go and I can not sit down without her being on my lap. My point is, if you do indeed lose your pet, get another one and treat her well, she will more than likely become a great pet and help you get over your loss. Again, sorry, I know how you feel. :depressed

tlongII
07-23-2009, 04:13 PM
My wife and I had two cats for 19 and 20 yrs and one especially was like a member of our family so when she died it was pretty bad for the three of us(my son, and wife).We now have 3 cats and 2 dogs. The oldest cat is going to be 9 this year and she is probably the best pet that I have ever had. She is my shadow, she goes wherever I go and I can not sit down without her being on my lap. My point is, if you do indeed lose your pet, get another one and treat her well, she will more than likely become a great pet and help you get over your loss. Again, sorry, I know how you feel. :depressed

I think I said the same thing albeit in an abridged version earlier.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Sorry, Havoc...pets become part of the family...losing one certainly sucks.

I. Hustle
07-23-2009, 04:41 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7rkgfVTZEic/SH6fTKknqAI/AAAAAAAAA-s/JSbDpRrv894/s400/5.jpg

Jimcs50
07-24-2009, 08:13 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7rkgfVTZEic/SH6fTKknqAI/AAAAAAAAA-s/JSbDpRrv894/s400/5.jpg

:lol

That cat actually looks just like my above mentioned cat when she was a kitten...only with blue eyes.

spursfan1000
07-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Good luck with your cat :wakeup

Chingo Bling
07-24-2009, 12:03 PM
So is that pinche gato dead jet?

Cry Havoc
08-11-2009, 01:35 AM
Just thought I'd update this thread.

She is STILL alive. Not only has she amazed us by living so long, she has done so on practically no food. By our counts, the last time she ate anything solid was around 2 weeks ago.

She is very skinny but appears to be happy. She purrs and wants to spend the night in someone's bed usually (not a normal thing for her up until this year). She will follow us around the house and just seems... slightly out of it, but happy.

The end must be near now. We don't want to take her back to the vet, because she is terrified of leaving her home. It upsets her so incredibly much, and it seems that she is at peace where she is. Her balance is gone, she can no longer climb our stairs, and she isn't eating, but damn it if she's going to claw and grasp at every single breath of life she has.

Amazing cat. I've never seen one refuse to give up like she does. It almost makes saying good-bye harder, because as hard as she's fighting, it's still in vain. There is a kind of sad injustice in that, I think.

Rough day all the way around for me, but to think she's lived 3 weeks longer than I thought she would, that makes it a little better.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
08-11-2009, 01:56 AM
I know it's just the internet and I'm a dick to plenty of people....but some of the people posting in this thread cross the line. Making a joke about someone being a bandwagon fan and making a joke about someone's dying animal that they've loved forever are two different things.

JudynTX
08-11-2009, 07:37 AM

She is STILL alive. Not only has she amazed us by living so long, she has done so on practically no food. By our counts, the last time she ate anything solid was around 2 weeks ago.

She is very skinny but appears to be happy. She purrs and wants to spend the night in someone's bed usually (not a normal thing for her up until this year). She will follow us around the house and just seems... slightly out of it, but happy.

The end must be near now. We don't want to take her back to the vet, because she is terrified of leaving her home. It upsets her so incredibly much, and it seems that she is at peace where she is. Her balance is gone, she can no longer climb our stairs, and she isn't eating, but damn it if she's going to claw and grasp at every single breath of life she has.

Amazing cat. I've never seen one refuse to give up like she does. It almost makes saying good-bye harder, because as hard as she's fighting, it's still in vain. There is a kind of sad injustice in that, I think.

Rough day all the way around for me, but to think she's lived 3 weeks longer than I thought she would, that makes it a little better.

:(

The Terminator
08-11-2009, 09:11 AM
the man most directly responsible for your cat's death is Miles Bennett Dyson.

SpursStalker
08-11-2009, 09:27 AM

If she has not eaten in 2 weeks, dont you think it's a little cruel to keep her alive? I'm not trying to be insensitive or anything ...

I. Hustle
08-11-2009, 10:11 AM
It's that damn Obamacare

Strike
08-11-2009, 12:53 PM

A lot of people don't like cats but I dig them. I've had a few cats in my life and all of them were different. The siamese cats I had as a kid were anti-social with everyone but my brother and me. A stray my family took in was wild, and the cats my ex and I have (correction: my wife now has) are total affection and attention whores.

Make sure you cat is as happy and content as can be.

Cry Havoc
08-11-2009, 01:03 PM
If she has not eaten in 2 weeks, dont you think it's a little cruel to keep her alive? I'm not trying to be insensitive or anything ...

The last time we took her to the vet, she was so scared that she actually ripped her claws because she didn't want to come out of the pet taxi.

She is very comfortable at home and hates leaving there. If I saw any indication of pain, I would be inclined to agree with you. But she really does seem happy, she routinely kneads my legs with her paws, and purrs, and rubs against me, all the things a happy cat does. She drinks quite a bit and still goes to the bathroom, but just eats very little. Whatever amount of pain she is feeling, it seems to pale in comparison to how scared she was at the vets office.

gatoloco
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
could be worse.

link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538928,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0 .201341:b27084262:z0)

New York City Girl, 14, Pleads Guilty to Roasting Kitten in Oven

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

NEW YORK — A 14-year-old pleaded guilty to burglary and animal cruelty for killing a kitten in a 500-degree oven.

The New York City Law Department says the girl will spend 18 months in juvenile jail for the May 6 death of the kitten, named Tiger Lily.

Authorities say she and a friend ransacked a Bronx apartment before putting the animal in the oven, where it cried and scratched before dying.

The friend, 17-year-old Cheyenne Cherry, pleaded guilty last month to animal cruelty and attempted burglary. She is expected to get a year in jail when she's sentenced on Sept. 2.

SpursStalker
08-11-2009, 05:43 PM
The last time we took her to the vet, she was so scared that she actually ripped her claws because she didn't want to come out of the pet taxi.

She is very comfortable at home and hates leaving there. If I saw any indication of pain, I would be inclined to agree with you. But she really does seem happy, she routinely kneads my legs with her paws, and purrs, and rubs against me, all the things a happy cat does. She drinks quite a bit and still goes to the bathroom, but just eats very little. Whatever amount of pain she is feeling, it seems to pale in comparison to how scared she was at the vets office.

I can imagine, my calico used to hate it as well.

It's too bad our pets can tell us what hurts the most. As long as she is comfortable, that is all that matters.

Prayers still go out to you.

SpursStalker
08-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Edited cause I wasn't nice.

Thompson
08-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry you have to feel this way for so long. We had to put my dog down a few months back because she had some sort of cancer that had gotten into her spinal cord and she was in pain, and even though it was only for a night it was a miserable experience. I don't know where we got them from, but we had some sort of painkillers for her, and they seemed to help.

This doesn't apply to your case CH, but I hate it when people drag out their pets' lives through ridiculous surgeries, etc. even though the animal is suffering for their own selfish attachment.

I'll pray for your family, I know this hurts.

tlongII
08-11-2009, 08:49 PM
lol cats

Rodriguez
08-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Have you got Dan's number? maybe a talk with another cat can help relief the pain, though none of us knows shit about their language.

Udokafan05
08-11-2009, 11:37 PM
could be worse.

link (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,538928,00.html?loomia_ow=t0:s0:a16:g2:r2:c0 .201341:b27084262:z0)

New York City Girl, 14, Pleads Guilty to Roasting Kitten in Oven

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

NEW YORK — A 14-year-old pleaded guilty to burglary and animal cruelty for killing a kitten in a 500-degree oven.

The New York City Law Department says the girl will spend 18 months in juvenile jail for the May 6 death of the kitten, named Tiger Lily.

Authorities say she and a friend ransacked a Bronx apartment before putting the animal in the oven, where it cried and scratched before dying.

The friend, 17-year-old Cheyenne Cherry, pleaded guilty last month to animal cruelty and attempted burglary. She is expected to get a year in jail when she's sentenced on Sept. 2.

Why not just lock these psycho bitches up for life. Everyone knows they will only be a problem in society.

Cant_Be_Faded
08-12-2009, 12:17 AM
the man most directly responsible for your cat's death is Miles Bennett Dyson.

:lmao :lmao

Cry Havoc
08-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Things got worse and worse, and she (mercifully) passed away this Sunday. Just thought I'd give the thread a last bump to update people.

It's rough, but I'm doing okay. Just gotta move on and realize it's a part of life. :(

JudynTX
08-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Things got worse and worse, and she (mercifully) passed away this Sunday. Just thought I'd give the thread a last bump to update people.

It's rough, but I'm doing okay. Just gotta move on and realize it's a part of life. :(

:( I'm so sorry.

Fpoonsie
08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm really sorry to hear/read that, CH.

It sounds as if you kept her as happy as she COULD be until the end, though...so I suppose you can try to take some solace in that.

Cry Havoc
08-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the support, for everyone who chipped into this thread in a positive manner. It's appreciated. Even up to 36 hours before she died, I was spending time with her and she was purring and responding positively to petting, so I think up until the last few hours she was cognizant of what was going on around her and happy to be in a place where she felt safe.

JudynTX
08-19-2009, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the support, for everyone who chipped into this thread in a positive manner. It's appreciated. Even up to 36 hours before she died, I was spending time with her and she was purring and responding positively to petting, so I think up until the last few hours she was cognizant of what was going on around her and happy to be in a place where she felt safe.

She knew how much you cared for her., why do you think she held on for as long as she could? :)

Strike
08-19-2009, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your cat. Even though they are "just" pets, losing one is rough.

Jimcs50
08-19-2009, 01:52 PM

So sorry to hear that.

I will tell you one thing, when my oldest cat passes, I will be so depressed. She is the best pet that I have ever had.

Chingo Bling
12-22-2014, 11:48 AM
So is that pinche gato dead jet?

Your keeping me in suspenses, guey. Wha happen to your pinche gato?

DJR210
12-22-2014, 02:28 PM
:lol super random bump..

Sup mouse

Chingo Bling
12-22-2014, 03:07 PM
jajajajaja

You think el Mouse is after the gato thread? No soy mouse, guey.

The Reckoning
12-22-2014, 04:34 PM
so did it dieded?

Chingo Bling
12-22-2014, 05:05 PM
so did it dieded?

For reals, right? What is that pinche gato is still kicking? I wanna know! Is it a zombie cat or one of those gatos that yust chits and pees all over itself because it's so old? CHIT, GUEY! TELL US!!!

SnakeBoy
12-22-2014, 06:52 PM

Sorry bout your cat Havoc.

Leetonidas
12-22-2014, 07:01 PM
Nigga clearly says the cat died a few posts above, they don't teach you how to read in the barrio or what?

Strange Love
12-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Back when you could actually have cat talk here. :lol

Cry Havoc
12-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Back when you could actually have cat talk here. :lol

Damn. Feels like a lifetime ago, tbh. The Club was cool when you could shoot the shit about literally anything. Glory days of SpursTalk, gone for good.