PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Fodder to Pass the Time

Nathan Explosion
07-22-2009, 01:20 AM
Was on YouTube waiting for my 3 yr old and 9 month old to fall asleep and I came across this little recap of the Spurs/Suns Game 1 in 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdO3CfKW40I

It starts at the end of the4th (the Finley shot) and goes on through. I remember what a great game it was, but I forgot how well played it was on both sides. There was the Finley, Duncan and Nash 3s and Gino game winner of course.

But there was also huge shots made by both teams over and over with different players rising up. Parker was torching Nash all game, but Amare had a huge game and Diaw had his chances to seal the game for the Suns.

The video just brought back great memories from not that long ago.

TimDunkem
07-22-2009, 01:42 AM
Thanks for that video. :toast Check out "dvyoung05"'s channel. This guy has videos of the Horry-led comback in '05, to the Suns game you mentioned, to the final game against the Hornets this past season. I'd post videos, but I'm typing this response from my itouch. :sleep

Thompson
07-22-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm fairly sure that last Nash three-pointer to tie the game was shown on replay at some point from another angle and he had his foot on the line.

Sausage
07-22-2009, 02:13 AM
i was at that game, and when nash hit that 3 in double ot, my heart just couldnt take it anymore. i told my friend that i dont think i can take another overtime, but then manu hit that shot, and i was glad to be apart of one of the greatest playoff games in nba history.

Nathan Explosion
07-22-2009, 02:25 AM
Nash looked behind the line. I remember thinking that as the game was going on. However, when Nash first hit that 3, two thoughts entered my head.

The first was "FUCKING NASH!!!"

The second was, "Of course he hit it. Why wouldn't he hit that shot, falling to his left and out of bounds after the shot left his hand?"

Just a great, great game.

Muser
07-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Duncans 3 never gets old.

hater
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Goddam Nash after the buzzer looks like his mother just died. He gave it his all that game. Don't think he ever recovered after that game.

Nathan Explosion
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Goddam Nash after the buzzer looks like his mother just died. He gave it his all that game. Don't think he ever recovered after that game.

I'm usually very conservative with my predictions, but the next day when it all settled in, I said that that series was over. The Suns threw everything they could at the Spurs and still lost.

You could tell Nash was thinking, "Are you kidding me?" That team knew they couldn't beat the Spurs no matter what.