PDA

View Full Version : Peter Burns - Morning Drive

Soul_Patch
07-22-2009, 07:20 AM
As Ricky Bobby says, i can say anything i want after "with all due respect" so....

With all due respect, dump Andy and bring in Bruce Bowen to co-host full time!

The show has been great the past couple of days with Bruce in the sidekick chair and you hosting! Just wanted to give you your props, thanks!

mouse
07-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Just don't send in any e-mails about Avery Johnson, or any other topic the Ticket isn't talking about.
Sincerely: MikeyP

faArbI4Fkj4

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 07:39 AM
What?

I never said that. I'm sorry your emails didn't get read or they didn't take your call. It wasn't my call on that.

mouse
07-22-2009, 07:42 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130359&highlight=mikeyp&page=2

What?

I never said that. I'm sorry your emails didn't get read or they didn't take your call. It wasn't my call on that.

You had a mic in your face how can you say it's not your call to make? You had no problem giving shout outs to your famillia, was that part of the show?

You was Peter for a day not puppet for a day. Stop making excuses and say the shows fucked up that's why it's not that popular with the www.

Stop defending them it makes you look desperate, even if you got the job as a permanent host what good is it if you have to walk on eggshells is that what you call sports radio?

Don't be a sellout call a spade a spade! Your MikeyP show some backbone!

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Honestly...it never came up. Besides, I was the noob....I wouldn't have been in any position to say anything. If I was ever lucky enough to get my own show and call the shots, I would push for interaction like that. I think it would be fun. People could call, text, email and post on a board. That would rock.

I can just tell you what I know, which I admit isn't much :), I went in there, I was told these are the subjects we are covering so prepare accordingly. I don't know how call screening works or who monitors the email that is sent in. I was just a guest host. Sorry they didn't get to your stuff, personally I was hoping you would call in.

Alex Jones
07-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Mouse publicly I can understand why MikeyP does not totally agree with you he may want a job on SA radio so he must cover his tracks. He is no Sarah Palin he knows when to open his pie hole. But I think deep down inside he knows where your coming from and may tell you in person at a ST GTG how he may agree with some of what you say.

To bad MikeyP couldn't do thew show with Andy only we may never get to see what MikeyP is all about. I do know one thing with all these vatos going on vacation MikeyP should be calling the PD to do a another show or two.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 08:18 AM
To be fair, Mouse has always had my back along with many others on this site and to them I am a grateful. I have always said this, I would love to do a show with Mouse. It could be the Mickey and Mikey show. It would be a blast.

mouse
07-22-2009, 08:31 AM
To be fair, Mouse......

Fair? like how Avery Johnson made the game winning basket to put a ring on the San Antonio Spurs finger after 25 long years just to have fans requesting they remove his jersey from the SBC center?.... that kind of fair?

Or the kinda fair when an American in the year 2009 who served his country in the Armed forces can't even email a local sports show in his home town, or talk about a subject he feels passionate about? That kind of fair?

Or are you talking about the fair that they make a caller travel from across the USA on his own dime to do a show that is really to promote themselves while they have no intentions on giving that caller a real job,or will allow him to read emails?.....that kind of fair?

there are many others.....if you really want to be fair.....

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Amen. :toast

mouse
07-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Dude you know you have the right stuff. stop fucking around and go see an agent so you can start doing sports radio, quit stalling.....be fare to yourself......

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Dude you know you have the right stuff. stop fucking around and go see an agent so you can start doing sports radio, quit stalling.....be fare to yourself......

Actually I have been conversing with the PD of the local sports radio station up here. I hope to hear something soon.

Dave McNulla
07-22-2009, 09:16 AM
once in a great while i find enough time at work to listen to san antonio sports radio. one time, there were talking about mouse, but not in glowing terms (but not really bashing him either).

i find, though, that those sorts of people (dj's and talk show hosts) are control freaks. they're only too happy to shut off your voice and destroy you.

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 09:21 AM
As Ricky Bobby says, i can say anything i want after "with all due respect" so....

With all due respect, dump Andy and bring in Bruce Bowen to co-host full time!

The show has been great the past couple of days with Bruce in the sidekick chair and you hosting! Just wanted to give you your props, thanks!

SP,

Thanks for the props. Bruce has been really really good. It's been fun the last few days for sure. He's back again for one last day, so we'll have a little fun.

Thanks for tuning in.

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 09:25 AM
I can just tell you what I know, which I admit isn't much :), I went in there, I was told these are the subjects we are covering so prepare accordingly. I don't know how call screening works or who monitors the email that is sent in. I was just a guest host. Sorry they didn't get to your stuff, personally I was hoping you would call in.

Mikey did a great job, and hopefully we can use this little thing to get him some traction.

The thing that sucks about media right now across the board is that it's tough to mine new talent because budgets just aren't there to do it.

It's like having a farm team with no players. Sucks, but until things turn around, it will be that way.

I'm happy to help Mikey out as much as I can!

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Mikey did a great job, and hopefully we can use this little thing to get him some traction.

The thing that sucks about media right now across the board is that it's tough to mine new talent because budgets just aren't there to do it.

It's like having a farm team with no players. Sucks, but until things turn around, it will be that way.

I'm happy to help Mikey out as much as I can!

And I appreciate that bro. Pete has been good to me with this. He gave good advice before we went on, gave me good feedback afterward and is even working on getting me a tape of the show. Dude has gone above and beyond. :tu

See what happens when you bring tacos? :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-22-2009, 10:11 AM
My.....

Peter Burns.

For some reason that never gets old.

phyzik
07-22-2009, 10:23 AM
My.....

Peter Burns.

For some reason that never gets old.

:lol

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Some of the nuggets if you haven't had a chance to tune in.

Bowen talking about he's hearing that he might get traded because of his contract.

If waived, he doesn't feel a overwhelming need to play basketball just to play basketball.

He roomed with Tiger Woods at Stanford when taking a course not long ago.

Baseball was his first passion.

He's Salsa music fan...lol

Not a big Mark Cuban fan, might not answer the phone if he gets that call.

Was never any kind of a riff or doghouse with him/Front Office.

Said he knew Tony when he was a little kid back in the day from his days in France, and it's tough for an average fan to appreciate how much Tony means to France and Manu means to Argentina regarding playing for the National teams

Believes the NBA Age limit is a good idea if only just to teach kids to manage their money and time better.

Overall he's been much more candid then I thought he might be, not only with Spurs info, but with sports stuff in general.

Nathan Explosion
07-22-2009, 10:28 AM

It's in the Geneva Convention.

What sucks is that I've been so tired with everything going on at work and being a man down that I can't wake up before 10 it seems so I keep missing the show.

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/podcast.html

Tuesday's show is up. Today's show will be done shortly

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
It's a State Law...I swear to God it is.

[/Donnie Baker]

Soul_Patch
07-22-2009, 11:32 AM
I think having that kind of insight in the co-host chair is fantastic. Not often do fans get to hear a relevant (spelling?) athlete talk so candidly and insightfully about current topics in sports.

Its neat to hear that side, since often times its left up to the fans to discern what it is that TD or Tony or Bruce think about something, and with the Spurs being so media shy (for the most part), its even more of a mystery.

Cool to actually hear it from the horses mouth for a change.

SpursSecurity
07-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey Peter, great job with Bruce this week. I liked Mike too when he was on as the Peter for a day winner, but when you had that grecco guy in for a show, I think you were at some car dealership or somethin, he also did a great job. I think you need to get mike and grecco together to do a show, both seem to know their sports, especially local stuff. I'd bet you they'd do it for nothing. Let The Ticket collect the ad fees and let them go wild. No extra cost to the station like you mentioned above.

BTW, I think you did a great job in the afternoon. Usually I listen to the other station because I can't stand the other guy that does the show for the Ticket, but flicked it over by accident. Great job.

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey Peter, great job with Bruce this week. I liked Mike too when he was on as the Peter for a day winner, but when you had that grecco guy in for a show, I think you were at some car dealership or somethin, he also did a great job. I think you need to get mike and grecco together to do a show, both seem to know their sports, especially local stuff. I'd bet you they'd do it for nothing. Let The Ticket collect the ad fees and let them go wild. No extra cost to the station like you mentioned above.

BTW, I think you did a great job in the afternoon. Usually I listen to the other station because I can't stand the other guy that does the show for the Ticket, but flicked it over by accident. Great job.

Thanks man. :toast

Yeah I gotta get ahold of Greco....we are supposed to have some beers.

howardcopy
07-22-2009, 02:06 PM
WOW!!! Finally some props for greco. I've been telling those guys he needs to be gettin more air time. I had a chance to meet him when he did this 24-hour radio-a-thon for Cystic Fibrosis earlier this year and he was great. Really down to earth guy. He let me sit in at the batter cage with him when he did an interview with some ball player and he was super nice to me and my kid.

I agree too with Security about when the boys let him sit in at the car place. He had the classic line for the day when Peter and Andy were talking about Penn State football coach JoePop saying something along the lines of how Penn State even when JoePop dies, they'll roll him out like Weekend at Bernies so he can still collect wins. Now that was funny.

Mike, I thought you did a good job too. It sound like Peter and Andy were really trying to get you involved. Would love to hear how you'd do with a little more mic time.

Good luck Mike and hopefully the Ticket can see the talent in greco and you.

I'd bet you they'd do it for nothing. Let The Ticket collect the ad fees and let them go wild. No extra cost to the station like you mentioned above.

Ummm, if I was his agent I don't know if I'd let that happen.

mouse
07-22-2009, 02:40 PM
. one time, there were talking about mouse, but not in glowing terms (but not really bashing him either).

Tune in Friday to the coach A show. You think they hate me now wait till Chuy from the south side calls in! :toast

I know it may never happen but I would love to hear Duel and Burns on a show one day just to see what happens.

MikeyP you still need an agent they know how to go about pimping your audition tape stop treating your dream like you have down syndrome, get off your ass before your to old and out of date.

DPG21920
07-22-2009, 02:49 PM
This reminds me of Mouse:

hcR7hr4LLQg

DPG21920
07-22-2009, 02:50 PM
This reminds me of Mouse:

H_YK9wVK6IQ

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Thanks Howard. :toast

Tune in Friday to the coach A show. You think they hate me now wait till Chuy from the south side calls in! :toast

I know it may never happen but I would love to hear Duel and Burns on a show one day just to see what happens.

MikeyP you still need an agent they know how to go about pimping your audition tape stop treating your dream like you have down syndrome, get off your ass before your to old and out of date.

An agent? Why so can screw me out of my potential millions and I end up having to give handjobs for crack? No thanks...besides that Corky kid from Life Goes On is rollin' in Capri Sun and Hot Pockets! :rollin

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Funny that I'm not surprised how a thread about my rare kudos somehow ended up including the line "giving handjobs for crack"

Bought a little tear to my eye....Well played peeps...well played

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Funny that I'm not surprised how a thread about my rare kudos somehow ended up including the line "giving handjobs for crack"

Don't worry my friend...when I make it to the top, im taking you with me. :tu

duncan228
07-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Some of the nuggets if you haven't had a chance to tune in...

...Overall he's been much more candid then I thought he might be, not only with Spurs info, but with sports stuff in general.

Thanks for the recap.

mouse
07-22-2009, 04:32 PM

Just think if your show was that spontaneous many others may tune in.
That Avery Johnson email will haunt you for months to come brah...........

faArbI4Fkj4

mouse
07-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks Howard. :toast

An agent? Why so can screw me out of my potential millions

Sorry brah I mistook you for someone who was serious about doing sports radio, If I knew you was just kidding and all talk, I would have never been so hard on you. Good luck being happy on the outside looking in I will back off and allow you to be all you thought you could have been..............

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Avery Johnson email?

mouse
07-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Dude your missing out... the Zone is reading all Facebook posts and IMs..

We get to have our thoughts read 30 seconds after we post them, when will the old fashion Ticket wake up to the what the www wants?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ZONE/zone-talk.jpg

mouse
07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/ZONE/zonetalk3.jpg

samikeyp
07-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Sorry brah I mistook you for someone who was serious about doing sports radio, If I knew you was just kidding and all talk, I would have never been so hard on you. Good luck being happy on the outside looking in I will back off and allow you to be all you thought you could have been..............

No mistake on your part....I am serious about it. In fact, as I said earlier, I am in talks with people up here in Lansing. Its all good. :toast I was joking about the whole agent thing.

I asked this in your "Blood on local radio" thread....what time is the show on Friday?

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Mouse.
There is a difference. Both of those guys use it. Andy does not.

Plus how many people are in the office on facebook at 7am when we kick off. Not many.
Also, we have a text line that is huge part of our show, even more mobile than IM.

I'm noticed hosting 2 different time slots how things are different. Mornings, people are passive listeners just waking up preparing for the day, as opposed to afternoon when people are awake, and in a more talkative mode.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

rAm
07-22-2009, 07:30 PM
What is with all the gay Facebook ads?

Mouse is there something you are not telling us?

Alex Jones
07-22-2009, 08:12 PM
What is with all the gay Facebook ads?

Mouse is there something you are not telling us?

:lmao

mouse
07-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Mouse.
There is a difference. Both of those guys use it. Andy does not.

Plus how many people are in the office on facebook at 7am when we kick off. Not many.
Also, we have a text line that is huge part of our show, even more mobile than IM.

I'm noticed hosting 2 different time slots how things are different. Mornings, people are passive listeners just waking up preparing for the day, as opposed to afternoon when people are awake, and in a more talkative mode.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

You make excellent points. but if you look at ST around 7 AM the house is full of peeps. And add to the fact that when MikeyP did his gig we was all here supporting him so there is no way you can't say there are not enough people online at 7am to make a difference. In fact I challenge to callers to match our emails and postings and lets see who draws the larger crowd.

You can tell yourself all day long that 7Am is a dead time in radio but a man with a vision, and a gift of proper programing would see otherwise.

And MikeyP knew this since 1999* that's how far behind radio is these days.

SpursSecurity
07-22-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm on Facebook that early...hell I guess that's what happens when you live in your moms basement with no job until the Spurs go back to work!!!

Nathan Explosion
07-22-2009, 10:07 PM
The only time I'm awake at 7 am is when I have to work my morning shift, which has me going into work at 4 am. Otherwise, I'm sound asleep, much less on a computer.

One other thing, people tend to also be driving to work when Peter and Andy are on, hence the show's name "The Morning Drive".

I've had a text message read on air (I've only sent something like 3), so you can't say they don't interact with the people. The thing is, you have to be good, not just think you're good.

My particular text message referred to Lakers fans doing something Spurs fans have never done, watch their team lose in the Finals.

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 10:39 PM
The only time I'm awake at 7 am is when I have to work my morning shift, which has me going into work at 4 am. Otherwise, I'm sound asleep, much less on a computer.

One other thing, people tend to also be driving to work when Peter and Andy are on, hence the show's name "The Morning Drive".

I've had a text message read on air (I've only sent something like 3), so you can't say they don't interact with the people. The thing is, you have to be good, not just think you're good.

My particular text message referred to Lakers fans doing something Spurs fans have never done, watch their team lose in the Finals.

We get between 20-200 texts a day, and we read about 10 or so. Sometimes none, just depends if it makes sense. Dead on Nathan

Mouse, regarding your take about challenging the posters. What you have to understand is unlike you, 75% of the people that post don't have the balls to call. I would say that outside of some idiot flaming posters, this site has very savvy Spurs/sports fans, and I use their thoughts/viewpoints on the show because they are real.

San Antonio is a still a small type town, and people don't want to be exposed. It's just the fact.

Just know that every major media person in town uses this board to get info. They might not ever say it, but I've got no problem admitting to it.

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 10:42 PM
You make excellent points. but if you look at ST around 7 AM the house is full of peeps. And add to the fact that when MikeyP did his gig we was all here supporting him so there is no way you can't say there are not enough people online at 7am to make a difference. In fact I challenge to callers to match our emails and postings and lets see who draws the larger crowd.

You can tell yourself all day long that 7Am is a dead time in radio but a man with a vision, and a gift of proper programing would see otherwise.

And MikeyP knew this since 1999* that's how far behind radio is these days.

And for the record, I know you gave a little fun hell to Mikey about not reading email/texts/posts, but If you were really supporting, where were the calls from Spurstalkers to support? You know I would have took them, unlike previous hosts...lol

rayray2k8
07-22-2009, 10:47 PM
Hey Peter, been meaning to ask you this, but if Bruce gets waived, do you think the spurs should make a run at signing him
again and do you want him back?

PeterBurns
07-22-2009, 11:33 PM
From what I have heard from people, no. Unless there is an injury. I believe we've seen the last day of Bruce in a Spurs jersey.

If Theo Ratcliff signing is true, Spurs have roster filled, which ends guessing game with BB.
I believe Spurs believe that going Bigger is better this year.

rayray2k8
07-22-2009, 11:37 PM
From what I have heard from people, no. Unless there is an injury. I believe we've seen the last day of Bruce in a Spurs jersey.

If Theo Ratcliff signing is true, Spurs have roster filled, which ends guessing game with BB.

Guessing you might mention the Theo rumor tomorrow morning. If you do, I'll probably wake up early to hear it. lol
Dude go to bed! What are you doing up at this hour? :lol

And no, I refuse to give up on Bruce! August will come and Bonner will be gone....
Hopefully. -_-

Rappin Granny
07-23-2009, 01:53 AM

Peter Peter pussy eater, when will you fuckin learn?
I'm about to bust your fuckin ass and I hope it fuckin Burns
you better stop fuckin bullshitting us we can walk the fuckin walk
this isn't Ticket fuckin 760 it's fucking Spurstalk

you better fucking leave with your crusty fuckin ass tail between your fucking skinny legs
get your nasty fuckin ass back to eBay and try to auction Stacie's fuckin eggs

don't make me fuckin break my foot inside your Andy Everett loving fuckin ass
they call me rappin Granny so I get a fuckin senor pass............
5gk8pbd_DNM

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 07:50 AM
That Mike from Lansing caller they just had...he was pretty good.

:lol

S_A_Longhorn
07-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Hey. Bruce is great, like another Sean Elliott. He should have a good role when retires & still be part of the Spurs community.

That being said, just get rid of Peter 'Stacie' Burns. With all due respect...

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Hey. Bruce is great, like another Sean Elliott. He should have a good role when retires & still be part of the Spurs community.

That being said, just get rid of Peter 'Stacie' Burns. With all due respect...

no no..it only works if you say "With all due respect..." first. :)

howardcopy
07-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Cheap shot at Peter. To me he's the best talent they have over there right now. He's excited, he keeps things fresh, and he's not afraid to rant and get in your face.

MikeyP -- usually I give you props on here, but come on man, that phone call this morning was weak...LOL.

When Peter said you were on the line I was hope for some good ol'smack talk.

Hey did you also hear, Peter said that Paul Greco is co-hosing with him tomorrow morning. That should be a fun show.

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 10:34 AM
I wasn't taking a shot at Peter. I think he does a great job. I liked the call. Besides, I can't hear the show from work so I was flying blind.

Thanks for the feedback. :toast

howardcopy
07-23-2009, 10:49 AM
I wasn't talking about you taking the cheap shot, I was talking about the poster that call him Peter "Stacie" Burns

samikeyp
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I wasn't talking about you taking the cheap shot, I was talking about the poster that call him Peter "Stacie" Burns

Ahh...my bad. :toast

S_A_Longhorn
07-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Cheap shot at Peter. To me he's the best talent they have over there right now. He's excited, he keeps things fresh, and he's not afraid to rant and get in your face.

Doesn't stop the fact that he got on the air b/c of Stacie, not his own merit. I'll gladly admit the morning show is entertaining, but it was only added after all of the local programming done over on The Zone 1250, and the Longhorn hour was taken directly from Paul Alexander's show.

And if he is the "best" they got on the Ticket, then good luck.

howardcopy
07-23-2009, 11:09 AM
I guess Joe Buck is a hack too right. He got the job because of his dad or Carey boys or hell even the cross dressing dad of Kenny Albert.

It's not how you got there Longhorn, it's how you keep your job.

Everyone needs a little help sometimes.

Shoot, what would you say if MikeyP all of sudden got a job, that he didn't deserve it because Peter helped him? Come'on man that was weak and a cheap shot.

BTW has Nate Newton's boy doin with the Longhorns?

rayray2k8
07-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Burns aint that bad, he actually sorta helped Bruce smooth out his co-hosting.

kromediablo
07-24-2009, 01:01 AM
The reason the show was better is because peter wasn't trying to demean bruce like he does to andy every other minute. It gets old when all u do is try to "get underneath his skin" all the time...Peter would be better if he would just cut out the negativity.....its not good sports journalism at all.

senorglory
07-24-2009, 03:19 AM
but if you look at ST around 7 AM the house is full of peeps.
Typo?

You probably meant "perps," or possibly "pervs."

Re-Animator
06-03-2010, 02:13 AM
Updates?