PDA

View Full Version : Not a job complaint thread. Lunch thread.

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Had the day off yesterday. Took care of a bunch of errands early on and we decided to stop for lunch. Restaurant was pretty empty and they sat us down adjacent from these two guys. Obviously they thought they were extremely important because they spent the first half of our lunch on the phone. Everyone within a 40 foot radius could here these assholes going on and on. The conversation isn't what really pissed me off it was the constant ringing of his phone. He'd talk to someone then hang up. Then it would ring again. This probably happened no less than 5 or 6 times. I guess vibrate was out of the question. He had one of those faggoty ear phones which already annoyed the shit out of me because you don't know who they're talking to.

Of course I was getting pissed and the wife was pleading with me to not do something stupid. :rolleyes "just let it go and eat lunch"...."its not worth it". "no confrontation this year...you promised". She went to the bathroom and I went for her phone. I set the sleep alarm for one 1 minute passed the current time and then turned up the volume. Set the phone down on the edge of table and just let it go off.

Wife comes back with this "fuck you" face on. I just stared at those guys table until they got irritated. They didn't get it until the wife said "enough already they get it". Mr. Important fat ass took that shit out of ear and they actually asked the server if they could sit in another part of the restaurant.

I wrapped it up with a I told you so moment. "see hun there was no confrontation".

Our waitress said she held off on walking over to our table because she didn't want to have to tell me to turn it off....everyone had a good chuckle.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m222/brookedamele/theburbs.jpg

The End

P.S.

For those of you who think I make these stories up. Please complain in this thread so we can discuss it.

SpursStalker
07-22-2009, 10:21 AM
:lmao

No complaint from me ...

You crack me up!!!

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 10:23 AM
So was the food good or not?

Summers
07-22-2009, 10:24 AM
:lol I have no problem with your behavior.

mrsmaalox
07-22-2009, 10:26 AM
So the weenie waitress would have told you to quiet down, but not them? :rolleyes

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 10:28 AM
So was the food good or not?Yeah it was Chili's. I had the portabello steak with the chimmichurri sauce. I thought it was alright. Dining out is a whole new thread worth discussing. The quality of the food in general over the last few years has taken a pretty big dive in my opinion.

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 10:29 AM
Yeah it was Chili's. I had the portabello steak with the chimmichurri sauce. I thought it was alright. Dining out is a whole new thread worth discussing. The quality of the food in general over the last few years has taken a pretty big dive in my opinion.

I love Chili's, I don't think I have ever had a bad meal there.

Do you think you could be a vegetarian? :lol

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 10:32 AM
I love Chili's, I don't think I have ever had a bad meal there.

Do you think you could be a vegetarian? :lolI like veggies but I have to have meat at least 3 times a week if not 4.

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Have you ever thought about mellowing out and just letting things be? I'm afraid you are going to stroke out and a young age.

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Have you ever thought about mellowing out and just letting things be? I'm afraid you are going to stroke out and a young age.

I think about that very thing all the time. I've actually let go a lot since having my son. If this was 5 years ago I would melted down on those guys and it probably wouldn't have ended well.

My behavior, temper, patience is a work in progress.

Sometimes I have trouble sleeping because I visualize potential arguments/confrontations that might arise in my regular daily patterns. Like co-workers, bosses, peers and so forth. I just haven't figured out how to mentally compartmentalize stress that doesn't or shouldn't even exist.

mrsmaalox
07-22-2009, 10:43 AM
You should maybe see a life coach.

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 10:54 AM
You should maybe see a life coach.know any?

HoratioCain
07-22-2009, 10:58 AM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/clintsquint/csimiamib2b.jpg

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 11:12 AM
L.o.l.

CubanMustGo
07-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Self-important prick phone behavior in public places is a major annoyance. Well played, B2B.

Dr. Gonzo
07-22-2009, 11:13 AM
know any?

I'll be your life coach.

JudynTX
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I like veggies but I have to have meat at least 3 times a week if not 4.

No way in hell I could be a vegan. I could eat nothing but chicken though. :D

DarkReign
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
I just haven't figured out how to mentally compartmentalize stress that doesn't or shouldn't even exist.

Two words.

Smoke. Weed.

Works for the rest of us.

Phineas J. Whoopee
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Stress is too stressful to worry about.

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 11:31 AM
Two words.

Smoke. Weed.

Works for the rest of us.I smoke occasionally. Few times a month. Sometimes I take extended breaks sometimes I hit it twice a week. I like the drug in moderation.

Strike
07-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Sometimes I have trouble sleeping because I visualize potential arguments/confrontations that might arise in my regular daily patterns. Like co-workers, bosses, peers and so forth. I just haven't figured out how to mentally compartmentalize stress that doesn't or shouldn't even exist.

I thought I was the only one.

I. Hustle
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/4584855/handy-main_Full.jpg
What did the five fingers say to the face?

I. Hustle
07-22-2009, 12:23 PM
http://myspace-759.vo.llnwd.net/00626/95/70/626260759_l.gif

Kori Ellis
07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Can I use this thread for other dining out complaints?

One thing that bugs the heck out of me is when we go out to eat and people bring their kids, then both parents proceed to drink alcohol the whole time.

Recently we were at a sushi place and two ladies were there with their toddlers and they were downing Sapporo right and left.

And not long ago, we were at Saltgrass and a husband/wife duo drank about 8 beers during dinner, and they had their young kids with them.

I'm not saying that I mind people drinking in front of their kids...that's their business. But I do mind people drunk driving with their kids in their cars. If you and your wife want to drink a 12-pack with your steaks, just stay home and grill in your backyard. Thanks.

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 12:36 PM

One thing that bugs the heck out of me is when we go out to eat and people bring their kids, then both parents proceed to drink alcohol the whole time.

Recently we were at a sushi place and two ladies were there with their toddlers and they were downing Sapporo right and left.

And not long ago, we were at Saltgrass and a husband/wife duo drank about 8 beers during dinner, and they had their young kids with them.

I'm not saying that I mind people drinking in front of their kids...that's their business. But I do mind people drunk driving with their kids in their cars. If you and your wife want to drink a 12-pack with your steaks, just stay home and grill in your backyard. Thanks.Usually we decide ahead of time who's allowed to have 5 drinks and who's allowed 2. These days we hardly drink at restaurants because of the expense. I had a fucking bloody mary the other day cost me 7 bucks. I thought it was strip club night.

I. Hustle
07-22-2009, 12:37 PM

I'm not saying that I mind people drinking in front of their kids...that's their business. But I do mind people drunk driving with their kids in their cars. If you and your wife want to drink a 12-pack with your steaks, just stay home and grill in your backyard. Thanks.

Agreed. I got two kiddos and whenever we go to dinner it's Dr. Pepper or tea for me. I don't understand how people feel ok with getting in the car with their kids after they have had a few.

Sportcamper
07-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Chilies has great food…And it is generally a nice family atmosphere…Ever sit next to a noisy toddler & instigate a food fight with him or her…Love it when the parents trip out & start saying…NO DON”T TEACH HIM THAT! PLEASE STOP!...Maybe you should have thrown a pickle at the cell phone guy?

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Agreed. I got two kiddos and whenever we go to dinner it's Dr. Pepper or tea for me. I don't understand how people feel ok with getting in the car with their kids after they have had a few.I always wondered if other people order ice tea or if I'm getting 7 day old mop bucket tea.

I've upped my tea intake 20 fold. Its actually helped me cut back on my drinking.

Kori Ellis
07-22-2009, 01:02 PM
Ladies at the Sushi Place: "Hmmm... do you think we should just share one large Sapporo. Hmm.. yeah that's a good idea. Yeah, let's do that. .... One large Sapporo, and two glasses, please."

(10 minutes later)

Waiter: "Do you want another Sapporo to share?"

Lady 1: "Actually, can we each have another large one? (giggle)"

Waiter: "No problem."

Toddler and me (thinking): "WTF"

(15 minutes later)

Lady 2 (loudly): "HEY Can we have another round?"

:pctoss

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Ladies at the Sushi Place: "Hmmm... do you think we should just share one large Sapporo. Hmm.. yeah that's a good idea. Yeah, let's do that. .... One large Sapporo, and two glasses, please."

(10 minutes later)

Waiter: "Do you want another Sapporo to share?"

Lady 1: "Actually, can we each have another large one? (giggle)"

Waiter: "No problem."

Toddler and me (thinking): "WTF"

(15 minutes later)

Lady 2 (loudly): "HEY Can we have another round?"

:pctossI wonder what would have happened if you had called the coppers?

angel_luv
07-22-2009, 01:09 PM
It really bothers me that restaurants push their waiters to make alcohol sales. I realise a lot of profits come from liquor sales and so in that regard it makes sense.

But it has always seemed hypocritical to me that establishments make their staff take training on the dangers of excess alcohol intake and then turn around and hold contests to see who can sell the most wine/ beer.

It seems like if restaurants were really concerned about alcohol and peoples' safety they would not encourage people to drink, especially when it comes to getting refills.

easjer
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
We have that policy normally. I'm not going to risk a DUI charge or endanger us and other people because I couldn't stop at a glass or two of wine. Besides the cost is prohibitive these days. When a glass of wine costs a third to half as much as the bottle does in a liquor store, we'll buy and enjoy at home, thanks.

BacktoBasics
07-22-2009, 02:10 PM
We have that policy normally. I'm not going to risk a DUI charge or endanger us and other people because I couldn't stop at a glass or two of wine. Besides the cost is prohibitive these days. When a glass of wine costs a third to half as much as the bottle does in a liquor store, we'll buy and enjoy at home, thanks.No shit. Three drinks these days ends up being more after tip than the entire bottle.

SonOfAGun
07-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Vp6H9hR4nIM